PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Castes w/ The Cure

Desaparecidos
11-17-2010, 07:29 PM
I know both these groups were here in 2009 but I was thinking have them rock it together... In case you haven't heard CC's new song with Robert Smith... glorious look up Not in Love Crystal Castles Robert Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYZ_bld9uM

CellarOwl
11-18-2010, 04:38 AM
I hate this place after November.

djandrews25
11-18-2010, 09:01 AM
It would be nice to see cc with an actual singer.

brycerosen
11-18-2010, 08:23 PM
I need an honest opinion about Crystal Castles. Are they not the worst live band of all time??? I know this is something thrown around at bands who do not deserve it . . . . but, when the last played in 09 i truly thought it was the most horrible act id ever seen. Ive never been so turned off and left the sahara (which i love so deerly) so quickly, the entire crowd around me had the same facial expression as to say "the fuck is this?"

Maybe that was a bad show, maybe i happened to show up for the ten minutes that the singer went off in a terrible tangent of what, i don't know.

I'm not trying to talk shit, they sound good on CD and I see they headline EVERY hard event so they obviously have an apeal. Im just trying to understand

BayAreaIsBetter
11-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Not to hijack the thread but Mr. Desaparecidos, do you have any idea when the new Bright Eyes is due out?

juloxx
11-18-2010, 08:34 PM

Well put

I need an honest opinion about Crystal Castles. Are they not the worst live band of all time??? I know this is something thrown around at bands who do not deserve it . . . . but, when the last played in 09 i truly thought it was the most horrible act id ever seen. Ive never been so turned off and left the sahara (which i love so deerly) so quickly, the entire crowd around me had the same facial expression as to say "the fuck is this?"

I have said it before and I will say it again. That set went down in my memory as the WORST Sahara act I have ever seen in all my years of attendance. Maybe even the worst set I have ever seen at Coachella. I was heated that I decided to leave Franz Ferdinand to check out CC. I mean shit, I like their music so I thought how bad can this shit be? Thats when I found out who Alice was.

brycerosen
11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again. That set went down in my memory as the WORST Sahara act I have ever seen in all my years of attendance. Maybe even the worst set I have ever seen at Coachella. I was heated that I decided to leave Franz Ferdinand to check out CC. I mean shit, I like their music so I thought how bad can this shit be? Thats when I found out who Alice was.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/agreebyrd.gif
thank you, i was startin to feel crazy

Brochella
11-19-2010, 09:08 AM

Hahaha

dorkfish
11-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Not to hijack the thread but Mr. Desaparecidos, do you have any idea when the new Bright Eyes is due out?
supposedly, next summer.

GuyInTucson
11-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Can we stop asking for anything involving Crystal Castles?

sacleonard
11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Well put

That must have been bad, considering this train wreck. At least I got to see Tony Wilson introduce the band.

9zsjrif8jdw

rage patton
11-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Crystal Castles were awesome at Bonnaroo 09 when I saw them. One of my favorite acts of the entire weekend actually.

sbessiso
11-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Oh Robert, how could you?

JebusLives
11-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Happy Mondays were definitely worse. While Alice is pretty awful to listen to, she has fun energy on stage and the beats are all fine and good.

CC are a fantastic studio band... sometimes their atrocious live shows distract from this around here. Really just turning Alice down in the mix (like on album) would hugely improve things.

StegoDee
11-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Crystal Castles were awesome at Bonnaroo 09 when I saw them. One of my favorite acts of the entire weekend actually.

I agree. I can't comment on their Coachella show, but Crystal Castles killed it at Bonnaroo '09. I was only barely familiar with them at the time, but I loved it. Girl Talk nearly put me to sleep afterwards.

DFrank
11-24-2010, 02:33 AM
How can you say no to this face?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ao0ib1CQcmQ/SRAwkz2m76I/AAAAAAAAAno/LxwWB12HE4c/s400/Alice+Glass,+Crystal+Castles.jpg

Just to be a broken record, the 09' show was horrible vocal wise. I'd like to see alice get 'poppy' with vocals and stop that train wreck on stage.

edbangme
11-24-2010, 05:30 AM
I agree. I can't comment on their Coachella show, but Crystal Castles killed it at Bonnaroo '09. I was only barely familiar with them at the time, but I loved it. Girl Talk nearly put me to sleep afterwards.

Yeah for some reason they were definitely awesome at 'roo '09, one of the best sets of the weekend for sure also I think that they do a lot better with night sets.

fredbull
12-01-2010, 07:56 AM
I thought they were horrible at coachella as well, which disappointed because i enjoyed their cd, and then i saw their set at HARD summer as i was waiting for chromeo, and that was by far the most terrible experience of my life.... and im not even talking about it getting shut down after them. After that i haven't even been able to bring myself to listen to their cd's anymore.

Risingson
12-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I like that song, it's pretty pretty pretty good. But Mr Smith can make just about any band sound good..

CellarOwl
12-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I like that song, it's pretty pretty pretty good. But Mr Smith can make just about any band sound good..

Except for Billy Corgan, Blink 182, Placebo, Korn, 65 Days Of Static, and pretty much any other band he might have worked with after 1998.

Desaparecidos
12-01-2010, 09:42 AM

Feb 15th, Conor's birthday Album called "The People's Key"

Risingson
12-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Except for Billy Corgan, Blink 182, Placebo, Korn, 65 Days Of Static, and pretty much any other band he might have worked with after 1998.

I did say just about any band, I have to agree with you on Corgan. But the rest you mentioned aren't bad songs at all. I don't know, maybe I'm just a Robert Smith fan or maybe you're just a douche..

microcuts
12-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I actually like the Billy Corgan song. My only complaint about it is Billy's whiny nasal voice covering up nearly any hint of Robert's presence on the song.

Risingson
12-01-2010, 01:31 PM
^^^ yeah, what's the point of having Smith in that song?^^^

RageAgainst
12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
why do people like the crappy electronic noises and some chick screaming?!

Risingson
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
^^ for the warm vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts^^

StegoDee
12-01-2010, 08:56 PM
While we're on the subject, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent mp3 of CC's live version of Exoskeleton/Atlantis to Interzone? I could rip one off of YouTube, but none of the videos have the greatest audio.