PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC

RODGERRAMJET
11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
AC/DC have been offered a spot at Coachella 2011, or so my friend who works for a newspaper "entertainment section" told me. We'll see what happens. I don't care one way or the other. I pretty much quit caring for AC/DC after Bon Scott died, but I guess they'd be an okay headliner with Brian Johnson. Could that explain the change in the Coachella web site to "back in black"?

I'dDoItAllAgain
11-14-2010, 08:40 PM
I hope not. Yuck.

tyles
11-14-2010, 08:42 PM
That depends. What small town gazette does your friend write for?

juloxx
11-14-2010, 08:46 PM
I would see this simply for the lulz.

If your looking to have fun im sure you can find it at an AC/DC set, whether your a fan of them or not.

Hell my favorite moment from last Coachella was when the DJ at the shit-show that was Sunday night at the Coachella camp grounds dropped TNT. Everyone was so strung out singing along and stumbling around. Twas a funny sight

RODGERRAMJET
11-14-2010, 08:48 PM
That depends. What small town gazette does your friend write for?

It's not a "small town gazette", seriously. It's one of California's major newspaper outlets. I made a promise that I would not reveal, and I'm not even saying it's true. It's just another rumor. I was told that there's an "open invitation" for AC/DC to headline Coachella, but they've never accepted. Maybe 2011 will be their year. Like I said, I don't care one way or the other. I love old school AC/DC--love it--but I can take or leave Brian Johnson on vocals. I mean, AC/DC is really, really popular and they probably would sell a lot of tickets....but I always liked Bon Scott the best, God bless'em.

tyles
11-14-2010, 08:50 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/b3165afc-1cdb-4504-85c1-48a2b7621f36.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-14-2010, 08:53 PM
the man speaks the truth. I have no "proof" but Paul T loves AC/DC and has been trying to get them for years. I think it would be a fun show, but I think the price tag for AC/DC would not make it worth it.

HandBanana
11-14-2010, 08:57 PM
I pretty much quit caring for AC/DC after Bon Scott died

That was 83 years ago. Time to move on.

RODGERRAMJET
11-14-2010, 08:58 PM
the man speaks the truth. I have no "proof" but Paul T loves AC/DC and has been trying to get them for years. I think it would be a fun show, but I think the price tag for AC/DC would not make it worth it.

If AC/DC were asking more than $60,000. for Coachella, I'd not blame Paul T. for passing. I mean, don't two of the guys live in Florida nowadays (Brian and Phil)? Angus is in Germany/Holland. How much would it actually cost to fly everybody out here anyway? They could dump all the "hoopla" light show crap, and just come out and play. Just sayin'.

Mr. Dylanja
11-14-2010, 08:59 PM
I would be so down to see AC/DC, but they better start selling Budweiser in the Garden!

thefrush
11-14-2010, 08:59 PM
I listened to DDDDC and Back In Black over and over again on the bus rides to high school, but I'd rather they not be at Coachella.

tyles
11-14-2010, 09:00 PM

The actual price tag, or the sociological price tag?

microcuts
11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
But there's no way AC/DC could headline over Arcade Fire...

pachucasunrise
11-14-2010, 09:12 PM
http://mammut.q-spot.org/misc/picpost/hahaha-no.jpg

tyles
11-14-2010, 10:21 PM
http://mammut.q-spot.org/misc/picpost/hahaha-no.jpg

Tintin > AC/DC

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
If AC/DC were asking more than $60,000. for Coachella, I'd not blame Paul T. for passing. I mean, don't two of the guys live in Florida nowadays (Brian and Phil)? Angus is in Germany/Holland. How much would it actually cost to fly everybody out here anyway? They could dump all the "hoopla" light show crap, and just come out and play. Just sayin'.

it's the U2/Rolling Stones thing, AC/DC sell out huge stadiums with more people then Coachella can accomodate. It just isn't in their favor, for the band or Goldenvoice.

knytt
11-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Tintin > AC/DC

Tintin > *

jonesjupiter
11-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Then again it could give an abnormal AC/DC audience the chance to experience the band without all of the typical jibber jabber that comes along with an AC/DC show...

sacleonard
11-15-2010, 01:12 AM
AC/DC have been offered a spot at Coachella 2011, or so my friend who works for a newspaper "entertainment section" told me. We'll see what happens. I don't care one way or the other. I pretty much quit caring for AC/DC after Bon Scott died, but I guess they'd be an okay headliner with Brian Johnson. Could that explain the change in the Coachella web site to "back in black"?

http://www.frighttimeproductions.com/store/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Giant_Troll_493a9a6d341b2.jpg

RODGERRAMJET
12-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Then again it could give an abnormal AC/DC audience the chance to experience the band without all of the typical jibber jabber that comes along with an AC/DC show...

Yeah, if AC/DC were to play Coachella 2011, I'd like to see the band just come out and play without all the production, lights, and big screen media hoopla stuff. Just the band, on stage, rockin' out. No big screens. No cannons. No pyrotechnics. Certainly, that would bring the cost down a lot, I would think.

sacleonard
12-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Yeah, if AC/DC were to play Coachella 2011, I'd like to see the band just come out and play without all the production, lights, and big screen media hoopla stuff. Just the band, on stage, rockin' out. No big screens. No cannons. No pyrotechnics. Certainly, that would bring the revenue down a lot, I would think.

Fixed.

S.I.A.F.U
12-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Didn't they have to alter the outdoor stage or something like that for Thom Yorke last year. That had to cost a lot. If AC/DC just came out and started jaming that would be sweet.

Bubba hotep
12-19-2010, 11:19 AM
AC/DC would be super fun and I am on board for this. "For those about to rock" in the desert would destroy my face.

brematale111
12-20-2010, 09:00 AM
LOL AC/DC would bring so much white trash

Bumblebee
12-21-2010, 01:26 AM
LOL AC/DC would bring so much white trash

More trash than Rage or Tool or NIN or RHCP? Maybe slightly older trash.

yeahfontaine
12-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Nah. I prefer Hell's Belles. Those chicks are way more badass than the geriatric current incarnation.

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/11.29.01/gifs/hellsbelles-0148.jpg

BROKENDOLL
12-21-2010, 02:05 AM
That was 83 years ago. Time to move on.
Some of these posts and that avatar are just meant to be, I swear...

stellarpoet22
12-21-2010, 05:08 AM
Would be fun. But I don't see it happening...and if for some reason it does they deserve a closing set

RODGERRAMJET
12-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Didn't they have to alter the outdoor stage or something like that for Thom Yorke last year. That had to cost a lot. If AC/DC just came out and started jaming that would be sweet.

I'm old enough to remember when AC/DC used to do just that: come out on stage and just start jamming all night long without all the pyro crap. Those were the best AC/DC shows, in my opinion. When they started dragging out the cannons, big screens, etc. it seemed to distract from the music, not enhance it, for me. AC/DC doesn't need all that backdrop s--t. Their music stands on its own.

sacleonard
12-26-2010, 03:31 PM
http://bacon.fm/bacon-photos/bacon-ac-dc.jpg

Bons222000
12-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Please no ACDC. They're the most annoying Coachella-possible bro-band around. I'd rather see the Stones or U2, and that's saying something.