PDA

View Full Version : Aquabats at Coachella?

GOOD TIMES
11-10-2010, 10:46 PM
i could see this happening for 3 reasons.

1. they just signed a deal with Fearless records, released a 3 track EP and are releasing their first full length album in 5-6ish years in January

2. dj lance rock and yo gabba gabba performed at last year's coachella. the creator of yo gabba gabba is the singer of the aquabats.

3. the aquabats have worked with goldenvoice in the past with putting out and promoting their past albums.

theyre one of my favorite bands and put on a great show. i think they would fit well in the mojave or gobi. what do you guys think?

cutterbutter
11-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes needs to happen!! Late night, full crazy production Aquabats show. Plus, they have zero California shows and like you said new album out in 2011.

Ps new EP is great fun.

kronz420
11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Once saw these guys play at the dome in sb like ten years ago .. It ended with the band throwing hundreds and hundreds of bananas into the crowd which turned into a banana war with the entire crowd slipping and falling all over the place ... was a good time but no i dont think they will be at coachella

discobotica
11-10-2010, 11:00 PM
who needs Aquabats when you can have Aqua?

-_pTeDz4Zpk

GOOD TIMES
11-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes needs to happen!! Late night, full crazy production Aquabats show. Plus, they have zero California shows and like you said new album out in 2011.

Ps new EP is great fun.

new EP is so good. gets better and better every time i listen to it.

Phantasma Del Mar
11-11-2010, 03:42 PM
HhJRUKkZAL4

This would be soooo much fun! The band has a pretty big following in So Cal anyway so they'd get a great response. Late night in the Gobi/Mojave would be perfect.

Coachella Bound
11-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Once saw these guys play at the dome in sb like ten years ago .. It ended with the band throwing hundreds and hundreds of bananas into the crowd which turned into a banana war with the entire crowd slipping and falling all over the place ... was a good time but no i dont think they will be at coachella

sounds like Feather has some competition to her 'Glowruption'....

bring back Travis B and im in.....

rage patton
11-11-2010, 05:00 PM
The Aquabats would be so fucking awesome. I could see them being a mid-afternoon mojave set and throwing the most fun set of the entire weekend.

Phantasma Del Mar
11-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Travis Barker is overrated as fuck and quite frankly I'm saddened that he didn't die in the plane crash.

http://coachella.com/forum/image.php?u=8647&dateline=1287634551

Coachella Bound
11-11-2010, 05:04 PM
thatz quite the thing to say.... it still be cool to see him in og Aquabats form. Would someone care to fill me in on a comparison of who they have drumming for them presently....?

Phantasma Del Mar
11-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Nah it would be cool for him to come back as The Baron von Tito. His drumming on Fury is tasty as hell.

Right now they have Ricky Fitness on drums. He's been with them since 2002 actually.

rage patton
11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I saw them in 2006 and they were a riot. Their drummer was fantastic.

Also, I had no idea they have a new EP out. Im gonna go grab it right now.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Definitely support.

O6CNdlJp9c8

EDIT: and I suggest we all dance like that as well.

Phantasma Del Mar
11-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Love all the changed lyrics, hahaha.

GRAB YOUR SWIMMING SUIT, IT'll BE A HOOT.

rage patton
11-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Goddamn. Now I want this to happen so badly.

If this happens this year, that tent will be the biggest dance party.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-11-2010, 05:31 PM
The last time I saw them, they gave away free merch to everyone that came with pool gear. That song was definitely the highlight of the show, witch dozens of people crowd surfing on rubber rafts and like 30 beach balls flinging all over the place. there was also a volley ball net on stage and a bunch of girls dancing in bikinis. And a monster. That place was going fucking bananas.

That show also featured a ska band called The Suburban Legends that played a cover of the Gummi Bears theme song, and some bizarre Aquabats side project called electric horse or something and dude on stage threw a king-size snicker bar right into my face.

Phantasma Del Mar
11-11-2010, 05:35 PM
DIGITAL UNICORN.

lol.

rage patton
11-11-2010, 06:33 PM
When I saw them in 06 opening for Rancid, a giant space lobster came to the show to put an end to music and fun. The keyboard/saxophone player battled him while band played. The space lobster was eventually vanquished... and thrown onto the crowd and the space lobster stayed in the air for the entire next song.

And Pool Party was also the highlight of my show too. They totally milked the Tom Sayer bit and it was awesome.

blackchango
11-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm down ! Looks like this would work perfectly !

JustSteve
11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
That show also featured a ska band called The Suburban Legends that played a cover of the Gummi Bears theme song

christian, the singer, actually did a voice on that cartoon back in the day. true story.

i'm sure dani and i are completely full of useless aquabats trivia...

cutterbutter
11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
It makes me incredibly happy to read all this love for them. I think Matt & Kim's slot in the Mojave would be the best place for the. Or close a tent and go fucking crazy that night.

rage patton
11-11-2010, 10:12 PM
While it would be fucking awesome, I really dont want to have to choose between Arcade Fire and The Aquabats. That would tear me apart. Mid-after mojave would be the best, I think.

cutterbutter
11-11-2010, 10:16 PM
While it would be fucking awesome, I really dont want to have to choose between Arcade Fire and The Aquabats. That would tear me apart. Mid-after mojave would be the best, I think.

Daft Punk vs. The Aquabats...

discobotica
11-11-2010, 10:16 PM
who needs Aquabats when you can have Aqua?

-_pTeDz4Zpk

for the record, I'm done trolling this thread and fully approve of Aquabats at Coache11a! :thu

cutterbutter
11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
for the record, I'm done trolling this thread and fully approve of Aquabats at Coache11a! :thu

The trolling no one payed any attention too :)

discobotica
11-12-2010, 05:54 AM
The trolling no one payed any attention too :)

sadly, yes

Geno_g
11-12-2010, 06:04 AM
I saw the aquabats 10 years ago at a concert called Friday the 13th Before Xmas, a bunch of other bands played in this art gallery... They put on a great show...

Sleepingrock
11-12-2010, 10:40 AM
This must happen!

Phantasma Del Mar
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Cutterbutter

I'm jockin your sig homie

choice cat
11-12-2010, 12:09 PM
i coulda sworn the last time i heard something about the aquabats it was that it was their last show and they were calling it quits for good

cutterbutter
11-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Cutterbutter

I'm jockin your sig homie

Go for it! We need more support for this.

And yes at some point they were "done" but it seems like it was just a break to work on Yo Gabba Gabba and other projects. The Bats had a lot of money issues in their later career if I remember correctly.

GOOD TIMES
11-13-2010, 12:27 AM
christian, the singer, actually did a voice on that cartoon back in the day. true story.

i'm sure dani and i are completely full of useless aquabats trivia...

yo dude! i remember you from the bats forums years ago. my name/s were superadbatfan and gimpy bat.

im glad to see everyone would be down for the bats. ive seen them over 50 times and they put on the best live show. their energy is great and they are really funny in between songs. keeping my fingers crossed!

rage patton
11-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Daft Punk vs. The Aquabats...

gRAJHBFJKDSEBNSKUHSEWKJHNFWK

Would be the worst. Don't know what I would do.

But seriously. Don't let this thread die. Make our demands for The Aquabats heard!

FoxeyLady
11-15-2010, 12:17 PM
The Aquabats would be super rad. I saw them when I was 8 years old at Acoustic Christmas back when they were my favorite band. I would definitely see them at Coachella this year if they play.

Phantasma Del Mar
11-15-2010, 12:22 PM
THE AQUABATS VS ROLLING STONES FTW!!!

Let's make this happen.

rage patton
11-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Id be down. POOL PARTY BABY!

indietron
11-15-2010, 12:54 PM
The first concert I ever attended was to see the Aquabats. I would absolutely love to see them at Coachella

rage patton
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
The Aquabats would be super rad. I saw them when I was 8 years old at Acoustic Christmas back when they were my favorite band. I would definitely see them at Coachella this year if they play.

http://www.desicomments.com/funnypics/funnycartoon63.jpg

JustSteve
11-15-2010, 03:14 PM
gRAJHBFJKDSEBNSKUHSEWKJHNFWK

Would be the worst. Don't know what I would do.

But seriously. Don't let this thread die. Make our demands for The Aquabats heard!

i can just send the 'bats an email if you'd like...

spence
11-15-2010, 04:46 PM
saw them at the music box last year and it was an absolute blast

cutterbutter
11-15-2010, 06:14 PM

Do it now. If you can make the address public, and we'll all send a message!

rage patton
11-16-2010, 06:28 PM

Yes, please.

Also, if it isn't too much to ask... can you tell Christian to bring The Aquabats back to Vancouver? Last time they were here was 2006 opening for Rancid. They promised they would comeback soon to headline their own gig... and we in Vancouver are still waiting.

cutterbutter
11-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Sounds like Vancouver gets the shaft on shows :)

rage patton
11-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah... :(

greghead
11-16-2010, 07:26 PM
I love the Aquabats. Saw them a bunch of times in high school from 98-00 and always a had an inappropriate amount of fun.

rage patton
11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Are we finally gonna meet this year Greg? I still owe you a beer for that paper you helped me with 2 years ago! haha

weeklymix
11-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Huh. This just sent me back to some good years.

Signed.

ADrunkPoet
11-17-2010, 01:44 AM
The Aquabats would make for a great band at the festival. Nothing wrong with having them at all. That being said, I'd rather charge my phone, get two free packs of smokes from the American Spirit tent, or eat a churro than check them out. To each their own.

DeadSkin
11-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Aquabats would be awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing a reunited Skankin' Pickle set too.

rage patton
11-17-2010, 09:06 AM
The Aquabats would make for a great band at the festival. Nothing wrong with having them at all. That being said, I'd rather charge my phone, get two free packs of smokes from the American Spirit tent, or eat a churro than check them out. To each their own.

:nono

I am glad you are still on board, for all of our sakes.

EDIT: Seriously.

kCxvpG9Iba0

Coachella needs this next year.

cutterbutter
11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
And that video is nothing. Last I saw them was opening for blink-182 in Sb last October, and when pool party came on it was that amount of beach balls times x10 with rafts and crowd surfers came from everywhere, and about 7 nurse strippers (Enema of the State cover style) came out to dance, and then two of the aquabats grabbed super soakers and drenched the front row. O and it was raining. AMAZING. Coachella needs to happen noowwwwww.

rage patton
11-17-2010, 09:49 AM
When I saw them open for Rancid in 06, I knew the "essential" Aquabats songs... and that was about it. I saw probably 10 people dressed up in full Aquabats costumes before they started, and that really impressed me. Then when they started, everyone exploded. I don't think I have ever seen so much energy for an opening band. They just know how to get a crowd moving.

chairmenmeow47
11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
if this happens, i am so bringing marshmallows.

and they better play the good shit. none of this pizza day pool party crap.

FoxeyLady
11-17-2010, 10:20 AM
The only album I ever listened to was The Fury Of The Aquabats, I used to listen to it over and over and over...

cutterbutter
11-17-2010, 10:29 AM
This is the set from the Fonda Christmas show last December, to give you an idea.

Danger Woman!
Stuck in a Movie!
Super Rad!
Red Sweater!
Pizza Day!
Hot Summer Nights (Won't Last Forever)!
Tiger Rider Vs. The Time Sprinkler!
Attacked by Snakes!
Cat With 2 Heads!
Look at Me, I'm a Winner!
Captain Hampton and the Midget Pirates!
Pool Party!

Encore:
Fashion Zombies!
Holiday Road
(Lindsey Buckingham cover)

And a more recent opener-set on their tour with Reel Big Fish

Fashion Zombies!
Lovers of Loving Love!
Pool Party
Pizza Day!
Look at Me, I'm a Winner!
Martian Girl!
Super Rad!

Phantasma Del Mar
11-17-2010, 10:41 AM

They ALWAYS play Pizza Day and Pool Party. Along with Super Rad, Martian Girl, Fashion Zombies...Those songs are never going to leave their set, at least not until their new album comes out.

chairmenmeow47
11-17-2010, 10:47 AM
so after reading those, i will be disappointed by an aquabats set. i mean, it's not really surprising as return of the aquabats is my favourite of their albums, but the last show i went to was pretty "meh" compared to the olden days. no one was even dressed up besides me. though, captain hampton and cat with 2 heads is always good. and who hates martian girl?! who hates making the whoa symbol with their hands?!

i miss the days of marshmallow man (with the audience pelting marshmallows), playdough, cd repo man and lobster bucket. i miss flips on stage and 79 cent churro man or whatever he was called.

Phantasma Del Mar
11-17-2010, 10:51 AM
The Bat Commander still does back flips. Least he does at the San Diego shows, lol.

And yeah, if you're mostly a fan of the first two albums I can understand why you'd be upset with the setlist. However they still do throw in an oldie at each show. Like pointed out above, they played Cat With 2 Heads last tour, and the tour before that they busted out CD Repo Man. Lopster Bucket and Story Of Nothing have been rotated as well. Playdough as an opener would be SOOOO GOOOOOD though.

chairmenmeow47
11-17-2010, 10:53 AM
i guess i just feel like the first two albums had some sort of edge to them. cause playdough is essentially the same concept as pizza day, it's just a million times more badass and playdough doesn't sound like it was written for kids. i get that their music is childish and fun, but i liked it better when it was childish and fun for adults and not childish and fun for kids. and glad to hear he's doing backflips still, the last time he didn't do that either.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-17-2010, 11:26 AM

WHAT pool party is one of their best songs.

JustSteve
11-17-2010, 11:39 AM
so after reading those, i will be disappointed by an aquabats set. i mean, it's not really surprising as return of the aquabats is my favourite of their albums, but the last show i went to was pretty "meh" compared to the olden days. no one was even dressed up besides me. though, captain hampton and cat with 2 heads is always good. and who hates martian girl?! who hates making the whoa symbol with their hands?!

i miss the days of marshmallow man (with the audience pelting marshmallows), playdough, cd repo man and lobster bucket. i miss flips on stage and 79 cent churro man or whatever he was called.

what about powdered milkman and the messes he would create? or pelting the magic chicken with chicken nuggets? ah, memory lane.

i still remember attending the cd release party for "return of..." at music city in fountain valley. 1995, i think. just looked at the flyer...man, i feel old. first time i saw them they were opening for voodoo glow skulls at viva las vegas near angel stadium. when they came on stage in the green rashguards i just stood there thinking "what the f... is this?" little did i know what the future held. yup, still old.

i miss getting to dress up like a sandflea and running around on stage during the shows.

will be taking my almost 5 year old daughter to the show next time they play.

WhyTheLongFace
11-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I would have a lot of fun at this set

thewoodenman
11-17-2010, 02:00 PM
i've never really gotten into these guys before but this discussion has convinced me to look into them more, and this looks like it would go down awesome, especially after how well received yo gabba gabba was received. i def hope they make it to coache11a

rage patton
11-17-2010, 06:51 PM

WHAT pool party is one of their best songs.

So is Pizza Day! You are crazy Ivy.

Although, I would flip shit if they played Captain Hampton.

cutterbutter
11-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Pizza Day is better live in my opinion. MCBC delivers the song in a different cadence which I think works a lot better. Perhaps it's just because he can't talk fast enough for the lyrics as well.

chairmenmeow47
11-17-2010, 09:09 PM
suck my ass, josh. suck mays ass. :p

Phantasma Del Mar
12-01-2010, 06:58 AM
BUMP because they have a NEW ALBUM COMING OUT!

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4634/hifivesoup.png

Tracklisting:
1 The Shark Fighter!
2 B.F.F.!
3 The Legend Is True!
4 Radio Down! (Featuring Biz Markie)
5 Poppin' A Wheelie!
6 Hey Homies!
7 In My Dreams!
8 Just Can't Lose!
9 All My Money!
10 Pink Pants!
11 Food Fight On The Moon!
12 Luck Dragon Lady!

Come on GV, make this happen.

cutterbutter
12-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Dammit, now I need a purple "A" rash-guard...

rage patton
12-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Hahahaha! AMAZING album cover. Also, fucking Biz Markie!!!

suck my ass, josh. suck mays ass. :p

Pffffft! Pizza Day is the shit!

"All the breakers and new wavers and the rockers and the preps. Would all be in thier places on the front lawn or the steps. I hung out with some punker kids who used to make me laugh Oi!Oi!Oi!"

The song also features, arguably, The Aquabat's best horn part.

cutterbutter
12-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Their new Radio Down EP is definitely worth a listen. It has that Biz Markie song on it, and two others not on this upcoming album.

eskamo951
12-01-2010, 10:07 AM
My first concert ever was The Aquabats! They had two asian girls in grass shirts and leis playing ukulele as an opener. It was fantastic, we had a congo line snaking through the entire floor of The Glasshouse. I'd love to see them at Coachella!

ElBlueblazer
12-01-2010, 12:45 PM
take me back to freshman year with some "CD REPO MAN"!!! :)

FGSYDSmuV1Y&playnext=1&list=PL6016AEC94897D548&index=93

Phantasma Del Mar
12-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Get The Aquabats on the cover of AMP Magazine!

http://www.ampmagazine.com/7490/fanticipation-pick-our-next-cover-band/

brycerosen
12-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Pool Party Baby!

JelloPuddingChat
12-09-2010, 02:17 AM
I still have 2 anti-negativity helmets and a mask. I would be at their set, no problem. Although I long for Fury and Return songs I still dig some new stuff. How about some Hey Luno! action. God damn that would rock.

Phantasma Del Mar
12-16-2010, 10:55 PM
West Coast dates!!!! Yay!!!!

The Aquabats! w/ TBA
February 11 - Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theatre
February 12 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
February 25 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
February 26 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Nile Theatre

cutterbutter
12-16-2010, 10:59 PM
SUPER RAD!. February is already looking to be amazing. Aquabats and Decemberists back to back. Cake the next weekend, going to see Conan, and then Godspeed You! to rap it all up.

SO EXCITED!

Phantasma Del Mar
12-16-2010, 11:05 PM
lol which dates are you going to for all of them? Gonna hit up Aquabats in SD for sure, have tickets for Godspeed at the Henry Fonda, and am gonna try to get tickets for the February 21st Troubadour Cake show tomorrow.

cutterbutter
12-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Aquabats on the 11th for sure. Decemberists on the 12th.

Picked the Saturday Cake show on the 19th, and seeing Conan on the 21st. Love long weekends.

GY!BE on the 23 at the Fonda. The SD Aquabats show might be pushing it. We shall see.

New song "The Shark Fighter!" on their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/theaquabats?v=app_7146470109

cutterbutter
12-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I hope these dates don't rule out Coachella though. Still pulling for that.

Phantasma Del Mar
12-17-2010, 09:34 AM
The SD Aquabats show might be pushing it. We shall see.

No such thing when it comes to The Aquabats.

But yeah, I'm hoping for a Coachella spot as well. It'd be so perfect!

chairmenmeow47
12-17-2010, 09:35 AM
aquabats at the nile, wow. the nile was closed, became a church, and is a theatre again. i saw the aquabats there many years ago when people were still bringing marshmallows and you could see them stacked up by security at the door. memories.

rage patton
12-17-2010, 10:08 AM
The Aquabats need moar tour dates!

Also, a Feb show does not make The Aquabats any less likely for Coachella.

GolfWang
12-17-2010, 10:38 AM
How much is the Fonda show?

cubrocker
12-18-2010, 12:52 PM
i saw these guys sooo many times in high school. always a grand time. my shoe ripped in half so i threw it on the stage. the bat commander picked it up and asked if anyone lost a shoe. it was grand.

West Coast dates!!!! Yay!!!!

The Aquabats! w/ TBA
February 11 - Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theatre
February 12 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
February 25 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
February 26 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Nile Theatre

what? the Nile re-opened? oh the memories.

JustSteve
12-19-2010, 01:45 PM
so funny to think how many times a few of us were within yards of each other and had not a clue. back in the mid to late 90's i don't think i missed a show that occurred between san diego and santa barbara.

Ride a Tire!
12-19-2010, 11:36 PM
back in the mid to late 90's i don't think i missed a show that occurred between san diego and santa barbara.

This was me '02-'04. I must have seen them 6 or 7 times in those 2 years.

cutterbutter
12-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Info popped up on Ticketmaster today:

Aquabats
The Music Box
Hollywood, CA
Fri, Feb 11, 2011 07:00 PM

US $29.65 (US $20.00 Ticket + US $9.65 Fees)

Onsale to General Public
Start: Wed, 12/22/10 10:00 AM PST

cutterbutter
12-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Love this video. Why the Bats can never play at the HOB Anaheim again.

nsuNOO6uCPI&feature=sub

thagorillaz
12-27-2010, 02:38 PM
just got chills thinking about the bats on the polo grounds. I really hope it happens. Aquabats shows are always the best time.
CMON GUYS DO IT.
-tim

GOOD TIMES
01-08-2011, 01:10 AM
i feel like it's gonna happen. I put up a facebook status about how I was hoping the aquabats would play coachella. tyler jacobs (the bat commanders brother aka pigbat) commented saying something about how he hopes he'll get to go back (he was there with yo gabba gabba). i feel like if the aquabats werent on the line up, he'd lemme know that they arent playing. ya know?

my fingers are crossed. either way i got my ticket for the LA show

cutterbutter
01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
EgF16sHJdS4

Mugwog
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
If thats the case, last year was my last coachella.

Super not rad.

rage patton
01-18-2011, 05:29 PM
The Aquabats would be proud of this thread.

cutterbutter
01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
I just got my tickets in the mail to the Fonda show too. Taking my brother and his friend for their first bats show. I need to remember to get marshmellows...

Bomboclat
01-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Ive seen the Aquabats before, and loved every second of it.
Will most definitely be seeing this set!

Cpt. Chiefstick
01-18-2011, 11:45 PM
YES! The legend is true!

Phantasma Del Mar
01-19-2011, 01:12 AM
So I guess my sig single handidly made this happen.

Real talk though, this set is going to be a preposterously good time.

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2011, 01:14 AM
I've got two anti-negativity helmets if someone needs one! PLEASE PLAY SOME SKA!

rage patton
01-19-2011, 01:14 AM
WE DID IT!!!

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Hey rage, please set up an A-bats board meet-up just like the Specials one. I'm way too lazy and terrible with responsibility, but that Specials set was one of my favorite moments at Coachella ever.

rage patton
01-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Will do dude! I will make the thread about a week before the fest, like I did for The Specials, and then organize a meeting time/place after set times are out.

GolfWang
01-19-2011, 01:21 AM
This set is going to be so much fucking fun. I haven't seen them since I was like 9. I'm so excited!

Phantasma Del Mar
01-19-2011, 01:22 AM
I got there like two songs late into The Specials set so I didn't actually meet any of ya. Pretty sure we skanked together though, lol.

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Will do dude! I will make the thread about a week before the fest, like I did for The Specials, and then organize a meeting time/place after set times are out.

YAY! This extra helmet has got your name all over it! ha ha

moomoo
01-19-2011, 01:25 AM
GLORIOUS

rage patton
01-19-2011, 01:25 AM
YAY! This extra helmet has got your name all over it! ha ha

Huzzah! And I shall wear it with pride.

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Does anyone know if any horns still show up at some shows besides the Jamie's sax? The last time I saw them was with Streetlight Manifesto and their entire horn section came out to play Super Rad.

Phantasma Del Mar
01-19-2011, 01:40 AM
When I saw them in December of 09 they had Chainsaw(original guitarist) and Catboy(original trumpet player) in addition to the regular band. Those two members no longer tour with the band but I believe they show up at the so cal shows every now and then.

TheClares
01-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Always wanted to see them and I will not be missing this set

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2011, 02:27 AM
When I saw them in December of 09 they had Chainsaw(original guitarist) and Catboy(original trumpet player) in addition to the regular band. Those two members no longer tour with the band but I believe they show up at the so cal shows every now and then.

Now I remember! My friend went to their Magic Mountain show and told me that they played the cat with two heads. I would die to hear that song. Some hey luno! would be great too.

JustSteve
01-19-2011, 06:15 AM
oooh, maybe i'll get to dress up like a sandflea and torture the 'bats one more time!

thagorillaz
01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
=D
-tim

JelloPuddingChat
01-19-2011, 05:47 PM
oooh, maybe i'll get to dress up like a sandflea and torture the 'bats one more time!

DO IT!

Llama of Time
01-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I saw them this past Saturday and I would gladly see them again

cutterbutter
01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
One - Purple Rash guards
http://theaquabats.com/news/group_stonewall.jpg

Two - Pink Pants with Strong Bad Live
QHxDHKPbufM

Three - Update from the band

Speaking of a foot in the booty, The Aquabats would also like to confirm the fact that... YES... WE ARE PLAYING COACHELLA!!! We can't believe it either, but legend has it that Coachella Festival creator and super champion Paul Tollet called the Bat Commander last week and said these words: 'Well, Commander... you are in a band .. and I do a festival... so... what do you say? Its time you played Coachella...!' The Bat Commander was then reported to have a nervous breakdown and curl up into a ball and cry. It is a historical year so far kids and this only adds to the special time we are in together as the Aquabats continue to surpass expectations!! Who knew!? We are all very excited and can guarantee that this will be the greatest performance of our careers... at Coachella!! Plans are already being made to make this an incredible event!!

In other news, the AquaCadet packages are being retooled and will be released VERY SOON! This also means plans are being made for a VERY conceivable AQUABAT CADET SUMMIT sometime later this year!! We are gearing up to reunite old cadets with cadets of the future! Its going to finally come together this time! We make an oath! Just like we did when we promised you a new album and... BAM there is your new album!! GOOD NEWS DUDES!!

No news yet on which songs from the record with receive a VIDEO TREATMENT but we know if you start firing off emails to Fearless Records and bombard them with pressure, they may pony up some support to make some videos based on the incredible new songs found on the smash hit record HI-FIVE-SOUP!! So email them here... VIDEO BUDGET PLEASE!

There are so many new surprises and things coming out of this new year that we know now that 2011 is the year the Aquabats really do turn it back up to... ELEVEN!!!

THE AQUABATS!