PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Balloon

fiopadp7791
11-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Maximum Balloon is some funkiness I wouldn't mind at the fest. But whether you want them there or not, just watch the damn girl dance. Enjoy :)
poVaA-CQKJ8?fs

stinkbutt
11-09-2010, 11:33 PM
sounds pretty good, i should've been on this sooner

heart cooks brain
11-10-2010, 05:20 AM
I'm surprised to have heard so little about them on the board. I should've had them on my lineup prediction

bobchella
11-10-2010, 06:28 AM
i'm a fan of both the song and video

Miroir Noir
11-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Is Sitek actually going to tour this project? Unless you have a scenario where a 4:00 pm Gobi act has the resources to bring in a Gorillaz-level amount of guest vocalists, color me skeptical.

CellarOwl
11-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Is Sitek actually going to tour this project? Unless you have a scenario where a 4:00 pm Gobi act has the resources to bring in a Gorillaz-level amount of guest vocalists, color me skeptical.

The only MB shows have consisted of Sitek and some other dude doing a sort-of spontaneous, sloppy dj set with vinyl acapella tracks and a mountain of different samplers and effects. It's 'interesting' in the same way that 'interesting' can sometimes mean boring and kinda shitty.

fiopadp7791
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
The only MB shows have consisted of Sitek and some other dude doing a sort-of spontaneous, sloppy dj set with vinyl acapella tracks and a mountain of different samplers and effects. It's 'interesting' in the same way that 'interesting' can sometimes mean boring and kinda shitty.

I figured there was probably some stripped-down live set. But hopefully they'll have it a lil more refined by April if they're on the lineup.

Darth_Bater
11-10-2010, 08:58 AM
That video is awesome, as well as this album. I do not think that it was produced with the idea of a tour, more like a bunch of extra material Sitek had sitting around. Hopefully TV on the Radio gets something new out soon and tours. I would much rather see them on the bill at Coachella than Maximum Balloon.