PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances we have a repeat headliner?

WhyTheLongFace
11-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Just wondering after reading some of the predictions

Radiohead- Album coming, rumored for Glast.
Coldplay- Album
RHCP- Tour
Beastie Boys- Return from Cancer
Prince- Welcome to America

Of course more than 1 returning would be crazy but how likely is it that one og them returns?

heart cooks brain
11-06-2010, 05:20 PM
over 9000%

I think it's convievable that both Radiohead and Beasties play this year. It's been a long time since either of them played, and people like Radiohead and people with cancer, so why not?

sacleonard
11-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Just wondering after reading some of the predictions

Radiohead- Album coming, rumored for Glast.
Coldplay- Album
RHCP- Tour
Beastie Boys- Return from Cancer
Prince- Welcome to America

Of course more than 1 returning would be crazy but how likely is it that one og them returns?

I'd like Radiohead, but after AFP playing last year, I'm not getting my hopes up. I picked B-Boys for the lineup pool. I wouldn't care to see Coldplay again, but it's possible. I don't think there's any chance for Prince (legendary 2008 performance, nowhere to go but down) or RHCP (4x headliner? No way.).

Bons222000
11-06-2010, 11:05 PM
No chance for Prince or RHCP. Beasties will be there but I doubt they headline.

I hope Radiohead does but they keep pushing back their album so I don't know. It's impossible to predict what those guys are going to do.

WhyTheLongFace
11-06-2010, 11:09 PM
No chance for Prince or RHCP. Beasties will be there but I doubt they headline.

I hope Radiohead does but they keep pushing back their album so I don't know. It's impossible to predict what those guys are going to do.

How can Beasties headline one year, And not the next time?

stinkbutt
11-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Not as big of a deal now

concertgoer
11-06-2010, 11:37 PM
If Coachella is the Beasties first show back ater Yauch's battle with cancer it would be hard to not see them headlining
At the very least they would co headline with Daft Punk

Bons222000
11-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Coachella has gotten bigger, but also evolved in sound. If you see the MySpace page they make a point to talk about "Coachella-esque" bands. The Beastie Boys are not a Coachella type of band. Their lyrics are jokey and their sound is very bro. Also, the Beastie Boys are simply not as big as they were in 2003.

I think they were supposed to play Coachella last year before they dropped out and they were not slated to headline. I believe they were going to play day 2 before Muse. They were also supposed to do Street Scene in 2009 but canceled and were filled in for by MIA. They would most likely be a sub-headliner.

thom cobain
11-07-2010, 07:23 AM
If you see the MySpace page they make a point to talk about "Coachella-esque" bands. The Beastie Boys are not a Coachella type of band. Their lyrics are jokey and their sound is very bro.

makes me laugh

tyles
11-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Answer is "very likely." The list of bands that would headline this fest that have not yet is smaller, but then again, with say, Arcade Fire, it's a big opportunity to expand that list, which would be not only beneficial to the band and the festival, but to the concert industry in general, which always needs more big headliner types. Besides, even though 2007's headliners were made up completely of repeats, but you'll be hearing no complaints from me.

Secondly, if the Beastie Boys play, they are headlining... the argument that they wouldn't does not make a whole hell of a lot of sense, Daft Punk performing or not (at this point, I'm inclined to think they are not, until proven otherwise).

PJandBompton
11-07-2010, 11:05 AM
no chance for Prince or RHCP, and Coldplay is highly unlikely.

sbessiso
11-07-2010, 11:13 AM
there will definitely be bands that have played before not as headliner (daft punk, arcade fire)

microcuts
11-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Of course more than 1 returning would be crazy?

I guess 2007 was pretty crazy then, since all three headliners were repeats.