PDA

View Full Version : Chase & Status?

thefrush
11-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Just discovering a few of these guys' remixes, and loving what I'm hearing. Not the normal grungy grimey kind of generic dubstep sound. It's much cleaner and they've got some great dancey type stuff too, I like it, would love to see these guys with a Sahara slot.

zG1gmTKVyRQ

uVuZWfWUb1c

RohnHVXKHOw

wpFfM_dili4

Distorted_Jungle
11-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Dudes have been big names in Drum n Bass for years, dubstep is something they have always done a little of but started doing it more when it got bigger. I would catch them if there was no conflict, the sets I've caught of theres have always been good but I haven't caught them since dubstep got so big.

Edit: I've also heard that they don't spin live, everything is recorded prior to the show. Not sure how much truth there is to that or whatever, just something I've heard from a couple people.

Distorted_Jungle
11-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Even there Drum N Bass production has changed a lot. This is there new shit right here.....

8MJspL232c8?fs

And while I do dig that track in a live set. Tracks like this....

i46IN3h9dHk?fs

are what I really dig from them.

Distorted_Jungle
11-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Another good jam from a couple years ago featuring Dizzee Rascal, I remember this jam getting dropped like crazy everywhere when it came out.

Ij8UQU-Tp34?fs

Some other good D'n'B Jams from them

BeTYonqwrAk?fs

wDfWbBD4qD8?fs

An older dubstep tune you've probably heard quite a few times.

hPb1w7s7iUQ?fs

unknown
11-06-2010, 06:15 PM
They were OK at Bestival. The first half of their set consisted of a lot of their older dnb tunes which I've always enjoyed. Not big on their dubstep production and the vocalists that joined them kinda blew. I'd be perfectly fine without them at Coachella.

bobchella
11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
I'd be there

wazdog
11-07-2010, 01:25 AM
where do i sign?

juloxx
11-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Even there Drum N Bass production has changed a lot. This is there new shit right here.....

8MJspL232c8?fs

Best song of their set at Nocturnal right here. Im down Chase and Status were pretty fun when I saw em.

mezatown
11-07-2010, 03:56 PM
saw them at nocturnal and i must saw it was pretty damn sick been a fan of them for a little over a year and dont really miss any of their music. was surprised that they didnt have a bigger crowd at nocturnal but at the same time was ATB and Steve Angello. and their entire show was mixed live or at least really looked like after watching saul milton tearing up the decks