PDA

View Full Version : Empire Polo Field Tickets on Sale for Coachella? Scam?

vogina
11-04-2010, 11:32 AM
This site claims to have tickets on sale now for mostly VIP tickets to 2011 Coachella. :confused:

http://www.southbaytickets.com/venue/Empire_Polo_Field_tickets

vinylmartyr
11-04-2010, 12:45 PM
not a scam says ships Feb 15th. Just for stupid people.

RedThom
11-04-2010, 01:05 PM
(umm is it safe to assume that tickets go on sale 2/13? considering thats a monday?)

nevermind. that could just be a safe ship date set up to cover their asses.

Courtney
11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I agree with vinyl. Although it would be funny if something crazy happened and Coachella decided not to sell VIP tickets this year or something. Then those ticket sellers would be screwed.

psychic friend
11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
no site has tickets for coachella 2011. tickets have not been created yet. lol

SoulDischarge
11-04-2010, 01:47 PM

What did you say about Bowie?

Gribbz
11-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Thickets.

gaypalmsprings
11-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Countrygurl posted this on Stagecoach Forum. I'm not sure if it's posted on this forum, but it's sort of on topic.

V0OPk5Ks3b0

tigermilkboy
11-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I have a client who is a ticket broker/reseller and he says this is a practice called 'short-selling' or 'pre-selling'. What they are essentially doing is selling something now and they will supply it at a later date. It is very common and profitable so I am told.
So, no it is not a scam.

BTW last year I bought single day tickets off Stubhub for $150. Obviously there were no single day tickets and under Stubhub's Fan Protect Guarantee the seller who sold them to me had to pay for Weekend Tickets. The Stubhub rep told me the seller had sold 10(-4 to me) and had to pay about $2000 to honor the sales. I saved about $600!

PlayaDelWes
11-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Hmmm, I'm curious what Stubhub’s actual policy is. Every once in awhile I inadvertently forget to take down some Lakers tickets from Stubhub that I previously sold elsewhere. With one mouseclick I cancel the order Stubhub totally seems to be cool with it. Perhaps they have a good gage between what’s malicious vs. accidental.

Fourthisto
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
BTW last year I bought single day tickets off Stubhub for $150. Obviously there were no single day tickets and under Stubhub's Fan Protect Guarantee the seller who sold them to me had to pay for Weekend Tickets. The Stubhub rep told me the seller had sold 10(-4 to me) and had to pay about $2000 to honor the sales. I saved about $600!
Wow, that's amazing... I am surprised they couldn't back out of the deal - like Playa said, I've forgotten about listings and had to cancel a sale before, with no penalty.

HOWEVER, maybe there's a window in which you have to do that - like a week or something after the sale. The seller couldn't have canceled after two months or whatever, once they realized there were no single day tix available.

Hmmmm.

vogina
11-05-2010, 01:19 AM
not a scam says ships Feb 15th. Just for stupid people.

That sums up what I was thinking, but like some sort of equation, read it scratching my head thinking "huh".

I figured so. Thanks psychic friend. Does my vogina ever come across the mouths of some of your coworkers? Strictly speaking, about the forum.

I have a client who is a ticket broker/reseller and he says this is a practice called 'short-selling' or 'pre-selling'. What they are essentially doing is selling something now and they will supply it at a later date. It is very common and profitable so I am told.
So, no it is not a scam.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

tigermilkboy
11-05-2010, 05:37 AM
Hmmm, I'm curious what Stubhub’s actual policy is. Every once in awhile I inadvertently forget to take down some Lakers tickets from Stubhub that I previously sold elsewhere. With one mouseclick I cancel the order Stubhub totally seems to be cool with it. Perhaps they have a good gage between what’s malicious vs. accidental.

Yeah you can not confirm an order on Stubhub, but once you confirm that order you (seller) is legally obliged to fill that order. In my case the buyer agreed in Feb to ship 4 Friday tickets in April, obviously the seller could not do that and Stubhub replaced with weekend tickets.

In your case you did not confirm the sale, but if fail to confirm 3% of your sales your Stubhub account will get suspended.

tigermilkboy
11-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Wow, that's amazing... I am surprised they couldn't back out of the deal - like Playa said, I've forgotten about listings and had to cancel a sale before, with no penalty.

HOWEVER, maybe there's a window in which you have to do that - like a week or something after the sale. The seller couldn't have canceled after two months or whatever, once they realized there were no single day tix available.

Hmmmm.

Wow! You should really read Stubhub's policies because you guys are not totally clued in to the liabilities of selling on Stubhub. If you confirm a sale on Stubhub, you are legally obliged to supply or face the cost of Stubhub finding tickets for the buyer.
There is no backing out when you confirm an order. You can forget about the listing and respond 'I do not have the tickets' and that is the end of it-unless you cancel too many of those (see above post).

This is the fan protect guarantee:

How the FanProtectTM Guarantee protects Buyers
StubHub guarantees all Buyers the following:

You will not be charged until the seller confirms your order.
Once confirmed,
You will get your tickets in time for the event.
Your tickets will be authentic and valid for entry.
Your tickets will be as good as or better than the ones you ordered.

Important: If, at any time, you list tickets with inaccurate or misleading information, fail to deliver tickets you've listed, or deliver invalid, fraudulent, counterfeit, or misrepresented tickets, you will be held responsible for any and all charges we incur to satisfy the buyer under the terms of our FanProtect™ Buyer's Guarantee including, but not limited to, the cost of replacement tickets, coupons and gift certificates, reprinting fees, FedEx rerouting charges, and refunds to the buyer.

Fourthisto
11-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Wow! You should really read Stubhub's policies because you guys are not totally clued in to the liabilities of selling on Stubhub. If you confirm a sale on Stubhub, you are legally obliged to supply or face the cost of Stubhub finding tickets for the buyer.

There is no backing out when you confirm an order. You can forget about the listing and respond 'I do not have the tickets' and that is the end of it-unless you cancel too many of those (see above post).Very interesting - so I guess the guy who sold you those tickets confirmed the sale because he needed the cash, yet when he actually had to supply you with tix he said "oh crapballs" because he had to give you three day passes in order to fulfill the deal. I'm glad I didn't confirm that order by accident... of course it was three + years ago when I did that, so maybe it was a different deal back then.

At any rate, thanks for the info. :)

gaypalmsprings
11-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Very interesting - so I guess the guy who sold you those tickets confirmed the sale because he needed the cash,

The seller doesn't get paid until about a week after the buyer gets the thickets.

I'm going to try this, now that I know that I can scam the scammers. Thanks for all the info, tigermilkboy!

Fourthisto
11-05-2010, 06:45 AM
The seller doesn't get paid until about a week after the buyer gets the thickets.But then why would he (the seller) confirm the order, without having the tix in hand or ability to supply them?

Eh, whatever - I guess the seller was just racking up orders counting on being able to supply single day ones like he had in the past. For once, the scalpers lose! :cool:

I'm going to try this, now that I know that I can scam the scammers. Thanks for all the info, tigermilkboy!:D Power to the people!

tigermilkboy
11-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Very interesting - so I guess the guy who sold you those tickets confirmed the sale because he needed the cash, yet when he actually had to supply you with tix he said "oh crapballs" because he had to give you three day passes in order to fulfill the deal. I'm glad I didn't confirm that order by accident... of course it was three + years ago when I did that, so maybe it was a different deal back then.

At any rate, thanks for the info. :)

As GPS said, seller doesn't get paid till a week after the buyer gets the tickets. No doubt the seller in my situ, just thought it was an easy quick way to make a bit of money, assuming that day tickets would be easy to pick up.

I did notice last year that Stubhub sold 20-30 weekend passes for anywhere between $350-1000. This was before the sell-out, so it appears some people will just google 'buy Coachella tickets' and happily buy them from the first link.

tigermilkboy
11-05-2010, 06:59 AM
But then why would he (the seller) confirm the order, without having the tix in hand or ability to supply them?

Eh, whatever - I guess the seller was just racking up orders counting on being able to supply single day ones like he had in the past. For once, the scalpers lose! :cool:

:D Power to the people!

That is the idea of 'short-selling or pre-selling'. You are essentially gambling that you can supply something in the future for a lower price.
You can do the same thing on Wall Street with just about anything. I could offer to sell you gold at $1300 an ounce today, and supply that in one year. If the price of gold falls below $1300, I would net a profit. If not I would lose money.
This is called the wonderful world of 'Futures'.

Milky
12-09-2010, 09:41 PM
When are tickets expected to go on sale? Do they go on sale before the lineup is announced?

tigermilkboy
12-10-2010, 06:43 AM
When are tickets expected to go on sale? Do they go on sale before the lineup is announced?

Tickets will go on-sale around Feb. The line-up is usually announced first.

This is not to be confused with thickets, which you usually can pick up any time of year. As far as I am aware thickets will not be honored for entrance at Coachella.

Bumblebee
12-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Short selling to fixed seated event in new jersey before they go onsale I think was made illegal in that state after the Springsteen debacle in 2009.

There's still some loopholes in neighbouring states.

mmblack
12-30-2010, 03:42 AM
Tickets will go on-sale around Feb. The line-up is usually announced first.

This is not to be confused with thickets, which you usually can pick up any time of year. As far as I am aware thickets will not be honored for entrance at Coachella.

anytime is a good time to get thickets.