Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

zimmy1222
04-15-2011, 02:44 PM
^Niiiiiice :)

I did one too ;)

http://soundcloud.com/zimmy-1/lightning-mixtape-2011

indietron
04-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Members of this thread, I need your assistance.

I currently work for a solar energy company called Lamb Energy. We have been contacted by Lightning in a Bottle asking us to donate a solar energy system to the festival. In return, we would get a sponsorship spot that I believe would include a booth setup.

My boss asked me about LIB since he knows I'm really into music and concerts, but to be honest I knew nothing about it. So we looked on the website to see what it was like, and it seemed to us that this is just a hippie fest. From reading a couple pages of this thread, it also seems that this festival is just a bunch of young hippies.

What do you guys think? I'd love to have some input from people that have actually attended the festival. Obviously, I would love to hear that there are plenty of potential customers here, cause that would mean I get to go to this fest for free :). However, from my perspective it really doesn't look like our customer base will be here.

Thanks in advance!

EkriirkE
04-22-2011, 08:10 AM
I've never been but hear its a burning man lite...?

zimmy1222
04-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Members of this thread, I need your assistance.

I currently work for a solar energy company called Lamb Energy. We have been contacted by Lightning in a Bottle asking us to donate a solar energy system to the festival. In return, we would get a sponsorship spot that I believe would include a booth setup.

My boss asked me about LIB since he knows I'm really into music and concerts, but to be honest I knew nothing about it. So we looked on the website to see what it was like, and it seemed to us that this is just a hippie fest. From reading a couple pages of this thread, it also seems that this festival is just a bunch of young hippies.

What do you guys think? I'd love to have some input from people that have actually attended the festival. Obviously, I would love to hear that there are plenty of potential customers here, cause that would mean I get to go to this fest for free :). However, from my perspective it really doesn't look like our customer base will be here.

Thanks in advance!

I would guess that the majority of the people going to LiB will not be very interested in buying solar panels. There's definitely an older, more conscious, career established crowd that you could tap into at this festival (they would be genuinely interested in what you have to say) and you may achieve something there. At the very least, you would be able to network because there are definitely people at LiB that are interested in renewable energy. (I believe there is a workshop pertaining to solar energy this year? You could see what that's all about too on their website)

Is it mostly 18-25 year olds enjoying memorial day weekend? sure. but there are all kiiiinds of people that attend. And some of them are extremely business oriented.

Not saying that you'll be a hit or anything like that, but you might get some people interested...

unknown
04-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Word the fuck up. Lee Burridge just confirmed on fb that he will be playing another 3 hour set this year. I will definitely be there getting the fuck down for the entire time.

djandrews25
04-23-2011, 09:18 AM
yes!

whynotsmile99
04-23-2011, 09:24 AM
niiiiiice!

have you guys seen Nick Warren? He's another one I'm really interested in checking out a bit

IzGewd
04-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Hey, anybody have any reccomendations? I have checked out a little Eskmo, lee burridge and emanciator. I like what I hear so far

djandrews25
04-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, nick warren is good.

IzGewd
04-23-2011, 12:19 PM
hey, if anybody has an extra car camping pass I would be willing to take that off your hands. I'll pay face value or a little more

Bomboclat
04-24-2011, 02:50 PM
I have a few questions, hopefully you guys can help me out with it.

1.) For those who werent lucky enough to get a car camping pass, what the hell are we supposed to do with our cars? I understand they have dayparking, but overnight parking?

3.) I wanted to bring a friend of mine who's only 17, will this be an issue with camping? (i.e. how well do they check age going into the fest/campgrounds?)

*All persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Seeing how it says "adult OR legal guardian", does this mean any adult will do? So being with me and my group of friends (all 18+) will suffice, or does my buddies actual parent need to come?

unknown
04-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Bomboclat - question 1, last year we parked our car in the regular parking lot and camped at the campsite. Overnight parking is fine. Where is questions 2? Question 3, I don't recall them ever checking ID's except for at the box office/will call area and that was more to just ensure I get my order. (then again I'm 30 years old but still, I don't recall any of the youngins in the group being carded)

Bomboclat
04-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Ha! Stoner me forgot to re-write "question 3" as "question 2". Silly me.

Right on with question one, that's awesome.

And "question 3", thanks! I guess it's just going to be a gamble for him, which definitely sucks. Hmmm....

SDsoldier7
04-25-2011, 06:16 AM
you're actually asking two questions in question 1, two questions in the 2nd question, and you also forgot to number the final two questions.

i got it the first time though.

zimmy1222
04-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Ha! Stoner me forgot to re-write "question 3" as "question 2". Silly me.

Right on with question one, that's awesome.

And "question 3", thanks! I guess it's just going to be a gamble for him, which definitely sucks. Hmmm....

I wouldn't consider it a gamble. Should be fine.

unknown
04-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Any recommendations for artists to check out that are playing Sunday? I'm already either familiar with or in the process of checking out TC, Bonobo, Lee Burridge, Dela, Invisible Allies, Baths, Lynx, Pumpkin, and Shawna.

zimmy1222
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Love & Light. ;)

No need to check them out, you should be there though.

dkorbify
04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
ok so i have some important questions... i'm 17 and im going with 3 of my friends who are also 17, i am also going with my brother who is 22... will i be able to get in if my brother signs off for me or says hes my legal guardian if so, can he do the same for my friends or is there a way around it??

misterpickles
04-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Lilia! brad of moontribe throws down some good techno, and i know your down for some good techno :)

unknown
04-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks, pickles. I am definitely down for some good techno. I downloaded a couple of his sets along with a few others from Sunday and my research is done. Looking forward to a day frolicking in the park with you lovely folks!

juloxx
04-26-2011, 07:22 AM
^^^ please post your favorites. I just realized I know maybe only 1 artist playing on Sunday.

unknown
04-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Juloxx - I am definitely catching all 3 hours of Lee Burridge. Everything else I see will go around his set.

hope to check out the following:
Baths
_mxH6M5jVWs

Invisible Allies (Bluetech and KiloWatts). Hyperdimensional Animals is a decent listen even if half the tracks are remixes :/ This Bil Bless remix stood out for me.
HDXDoHycpPU

Brad Moontribe and Dela Moontribe. Alex introduced me to Dela and she is probably someone that you would dig (downtempo, dubstep, dnb - http://www.moontribe.org/download.html)

Idiot Savant is 1/2 Jesse Wright and I dug him at Coachella. Love in the Circus seems like it will be an interesting show - band with a sax and a harpist/violinist. Fool's Gold is another band that just may be fun to sit and watch depending on what time they play. and of course Bonobo and TC even if they are dj sets. But no matter what I will be at 3 hours of Lee Burridge. He is my main draw.

IdiotequeThom
04-26-2011, 12:08 PM
^Niiiiiice :)

I did one too ;)

http://soundcloud.com/zimmy-1/lightning-mixtape-2011

A mix of some of 2011's Lightning In A Bottle artists...
http://soundcloud.com/daylightroots/lightning-in-a-bottle-mix

You guys are both awesome, so much great music on both of these :)

Out of the whole lineup I'm only really familiar with Mimosa, Claude Vonstroke, Thievery Corp, Pretty Lights and Eskmo. If anyone else wants to make a compilation mix of some of the more obscure artists or share some live recordings I would really appreciate it, writing papers for the next two days and I'm in need of some new chunes to keep me sane

unknown
04-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Kyle - you need to listen to this http://soundcloud.com/dsvanstedt/lee-burridge-lightning-in-a-bottle-2010

juloxx
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Juloxx - I am definitely catching all 3 hours of Lee Burridge. Everything else I see will go around his set.

hope to check out the following:
Baths
_mxH6M5jVWs

Invisible Allies (Bluetech and KiloWatts). Hyperdimensional Animals is a decent listen even if half the tracks are remixes :/ This Bil Bless remix stood out for me.
HDXDoHycpPU

Brad Moontribe and Dela Moontribe. Alex introduced me to Dela and she is probably someone that you would dig (downtempo, dubstep, dnb - http://www.moontribe.org/download.html)

Idiot Savant is 1/2 Jesse Wright and I dug him at Coachella. Love in the Circus seems like it will be an interesting show - band with a sax and a harpist/violinist. Fool's Gold is another band that just may be fun to sit and watch depending on what time they play. and of course Bonobo and TC even if they are dj sets. But no matter what I will be at 3 hours of Lee Burridge. He is my main draw.

Fassshoow. I really liked that Bath live thing. Any tunes by him you liked in particular? It seems like some really mellow music.

And as far as this Lee Burridge character, can you post a tune or 2 by him?

I remember seeing Jesse Wright at Coachella 2010 and that was probably my favorite dj set that year (just shows what I thought of the Sahara). He did a great job spinning though.

unknown
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Any tunes by him you liked in particular? It seems like some really mellow music.
I'm not too familiar with Baths, I just know I'm gonna try to check him out if scheduling permits.

And as far as this Lee Burridge character, can you post a tune or 2 by him?
See the link above to his soundcloud. Last year's LiB set was my introduction to him and I managed to catch him at Coachella this year and he was definitely a highlight of the weekend despite the super short set. I'm not very familiar with his material - oh his RA mix is pretty good too if you don't wanna sit through that 3 hour LiB set.

discobotica
04-26-2011, 01:20 PM
thx to every1 for posting the muzix! making my LiB artist research very lazy and easy.........I will contribute some tuneage to repay the favor!

Edit: for folks looking to get their deep house fix, Jay Tripwire can provide such things.........

G-0aDEunH1Y

IdiotequeThom
04-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Kyle - you need to listen to this http://soundcloud.com/dsvanstedt/lee-burridge-lightning-in-a-bottle-2010

40 minutes in, VERY impressed. Getting a strong Sasha vibe, bummed I skipped his Coachella set for Foals.

juloxx
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM
oisdhfasjedfnaosiedhfaosihfos

I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS. Cant wait till they release our volunteer schedules. They mentioned some people already got theirs. Is this the case with anyone on the boards?

unknown
04-26-2011, 02:18 PM
40 minutes in, VERY impressed. Getting a strong Sasha vibe, bummed I skipped his Coachella set for Foals.

Don't be bummed! From what I heard Foals put on a great show and Lee Burridge only played for 25 minutes due to a wristband problem.

djandrews25
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Sasha has become an adjective to describe good house...

emtgreg
04-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Strong work, Andrew.

IdiotequeThom
04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Sasha has become an adjective to describe good house...

Sasha has become the standard against which other djs are evaluated. Sasha sets the curve at 100 and it just goes down from there...

IdiotequeThom
04-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Don't be bummed! From what I heard Foals put on a great show and Lee Burridge only played for 25 minutes due to a wristband problem.

Foals were pretty great, it was a nice break from EDM. At 1:40 now, this is going to be an intense 3 hours CAN'T WAIT :D

djandrews25
04-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Trust me when i say if you plan to compare other dj sets to sasha's, you will only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

unknown
04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
But Sasha is boring trance, Andrew.

djandrews25
04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Oh god let's not turn this into another skrillex thread.

unknown
04-26-2011, 02:54 PM
You're right. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

djandrews25
04-26-2011, 02:57 PM
On topic: Have you found any good techno/house djs/producers on this lineup?

Other than the known ones.

unknown
04-26-2011, 03:08 PM
I've only been researching Sunday and haven't really gotten too deep into material. So far there's Idiot Savant, Brad Moontribe, and Matt Xavier I'm going to take a listen to.

djandrews25
04-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Idiot Savant sounds promising.

Geno_g
04-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Fuck... Wish I was going to this shindig. I need to make it to LiB one of these years.

zimmy1222
04-26-2011, 03:22 PM
GENO. jeeez.

unknown
04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Didn't you say last year that you would go this year?

djandrews25
04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Geno just get your ass down here for memorial weekend.

Geno_g
04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
How much is LiB running? Are EDC tickets flying out the door(do I need to buy them soon)? Shit coming up soon...

dyltr0n3030
04-26-2011, 05:23 PM
How much is LiB running? Are EDC tickets flying out the door(do I need to buy them soon)? Shit coming up soon...

EDC sold out friday tickets (round 1 i believe.. to hell what that means) in the matter of hours. I'm guessing EDC will sell out, but you never know. I'd get them soon to be safe than sorry.

But LiB is a kickass event. The venue is right up the street from where I live, and to anyones first time.. it will probably be a new favorite festival. I'm suprised LiB doesn't get as much recognition as it should be getting, but oh well.

This years lineup is awesome. Glitch Mob last year. Pretty Lights this year.

Stoked for LiB!

juloxx
04-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm suprised LiB doesn't get as much recognition as it should be getting, but oh well.

And thats the magic of it. Dont oversell it to people. The festival is still pure because the bro community has yet to engage in it. The more we sell this fest to people, the closer we bring the inevitable bro onslaught that takes every festival down a couple of notches.

This years lineup is awesome. Glitch Mob last year. Pretty Lights this year.

Ewww..... and EWWWWWW. Pretty Lights could be the thing that catches the frats attention. Be warned.

unknown
04-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Geno - I think LiB is around $200. EDC single days for Friday and Saturday have sold out and is probably causing 3 day sales to increase. If they aren't flying out the door towards a sell out, they are definitely flying out the door to a large price jump (single days jumped $25 when the 2nd batch for Friday and Saturday went on sale). It will be interesting to see what the 3day ticket price jump will be.

and it looks like Sunday single days are no longer available either. They must have allotted a large number to first tier 3 day because it's still at $180. That's good.

dyltr0n3030
04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
And thats the magic of it. Dont oversell it to people. The festival is still pure because the bro community has yet to engage in it. The more we sell this fest to people, the closer we bring the inevitable bro onslaught that takes every festival down a couple of notches.

Ewww..... and EWWWWWW. Pretty Lights could be the thing that catches the frats attention. Be warned.

Yes to the 1st, No the 2nd.
I saw Glitch Mob at Noc09 w/o knowing who they were and they blew me away. I've been a fan ever since. Pretty Lights has always been one of my favorites. He killed it at Noc010.

Although both acts are slowly emerging in the frat-parties' "DJ-sets"..

juloxx
04-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Let me ask you the same question I ask every person that says things amongst the lines of "Pretty Lights Killed". That question is, were you on molly during their set? Have you ever seen a PL set sober?

A PL set can put me to sleep faster than a PBS documentary.

zimmy1222
04-26-2011, 09:10 PM
oh hush, his sound is just getting a tad bit stale... but it's dancey. (seen PL twice, once sober) It wouldn't blow me away or anything, but it's not a snooze fest.
And you know someone like Kraddy or Jay Tripwire is gonna be killin it on the bamboo or woogie so it's not like you have to force yourself to get PL.

Plus, this will not get blown up. It's just not gonna happen. For the most part, they promote to the crowd like they had last year, at shows with a similar fan base to LIB. It's not like they're showing up at a Skrillex show and trying to get people to come out.

Egull
04-26-2011, 09:50 PM
So excited for my first Lightning in a Bottle! One question I have that I couldn't find on the website, are you allowed to bring professional cameras?

shakermaker113
04-26-2011, 10:05 PM
you can pretty much take anything in. unless maybe it is on fire.

Egull
04-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Awesome, are you going? Also, I am only getting a two-day pass, but if anybody else is as well and would like to carpool from San Francisco or somewhere close, let me know.

zimmy1222
04-26-2011, 10:30 PM
I'll keep you in mind...

and you can't bring a rhinoceros .. they're weird about shit like that.

unknown
04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
you can pretty much take anything in. unless maybe it is on fire.

And even then it depends what the item on fire is.

Wheres the beef?
04-27-2011, 09:58 AM

I never thought I'd see a post like that from you. Well done.

unknown
04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
For the most part, they promote to the crowd like they had last year, at shows with a similar fan base to LIB.
Not when promoters go handing out flyers outside the palladium after an aoki show. Whatever though - with so much going on the same weekend I'm sure most of the "bro community" looks at a lineup like this and scratches their head. There are better environments for them to get drunk, rage, and pop pills than at a gathering like this.

juloxx
04-27-2011, 10:19 AM
I never thought I'd see a post like that from you. Well done.

dont get used to it

zimmy1222
04-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Not when promoters go handing out flyers outside the palladium after an aoki show. .

shows what I know.. ha.

juloxx
04-27-2011, 10:29 AM
or when Bronectar headlines/flyers are handed out at his shows

zimmy1222
04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
bronectar?

hm, Do Lab is part of the reason Bassnectar got big to begin with. He's been playing shows for them for yearrrrrrs. There are other people (that attend or would attend LiB) that are in to Bassnectar, you know...

Ironically enough, I came in here to post this video which has some nectar clips in it.

I <3 the do lab.
http://vimeo.com/19157639

crazzz2007
04-27-2011, 01:42 PM
ya, the problem with Bassnecter for the most part isn't his music, it's the way he has chosen to manage his career over the past couple of years...

unknown
04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Reading these Bassnectar posts reminds me of the last show I caught of his. I was visiting my bf in Seattle and he had some tix to the show - as we were approaching the venue it dawned on me that this may very well be an all ages show. Oh boy. It was so fucking terrible. We had balcony seats at the beautiful Paramount Theater and the entire crowd everywhere I could see consisted either of rolled out kids getting glove shows or fist pumping tweens and old farts. It looked like a corny rave scene in some B movie. I ended up wandering around the theater and we watched the show from the top of the balcony section where hardly anyone was. At one point in line for the bathroom I looked around at the other females in line and concluded that I was double everyone's age. Fuck all ages shows. So glad they are rare down here. Anyway, Bassnectar is ridiculously huge and sometimes I don't quite understand how big an artist is until I go to a show out of my element.

zimmy1222
04-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but we don't need to go down that road... let's keep it fresh:

ifxN3hGDQ2Q

crazzz2007
04-28-2011, 02:47 PM
For some reason, I'm not excited about LIB at all this year. So that probably means I'm going to have an amazing time. Shit works like that.

Casino Logic
04-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Just watched Baths on Xbox Live... Fucking Sick! I'm pumpped for his set! It's under Live Rising in the Music Marketplace.

I've been listening to the ambient/downtempo stuff he does as Geotic which is also pretty cool. He puts all his Geotic stuff up for free so here it is:
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/postfoetus/geotic.html

Casino Logic
05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Wise and all knowing LIBer's, I have a couple questions, please help if you can...

1) Solar Showers aka shower in a bag? Yes, no, have you seen them at LIB or Oak Canyon Ranch before, what's the deal? Is there somewhere to fill up a 5 gallon water bag? Would you be the most popular person in camp?

2) I hate to even ask, but have you seen generators in the RV lot before? I know this isn't Burning Man, but I am curious. If it gets blazing hot out there it might be nice to run some AC in the RV for a couple of hours.

Thanks in Advance!

zimmy1222
05-02-2011, 01:17 PM
there were free water fountains all weekend. solar showers are chill. i think i heard some generators last year in the rv area. might wanna shoot em an email to double check that last one tho.

Porkchop
05-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Praying for a 2+ Hour Claude set, and a 3 Hour Lee Burridge set

unknown
05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Lee Burridge already confirmed that he's playing for 3 hours.

aaronbk
05-03-2011, 09:18 AM
thanks zimmy for showing me phutureprimitive! shit is wicked good. Mad tunes! too stoked for this guy now!

24 days! Let's get ready to party!

Distorted_Jungle
05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Is there a search at all getting into this festival?

zimmy1222
05-03-2011, 11:25 AM
nope.

zimmy1222
05-03-2011, 11:25 AM
well, a peek inside to make sure you're not smuggling....people.

unknown
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
There was no search. Only wristband checks on the shuttle and occasionally around the venue.

juloxx
05-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Has anyone gotten their volunteer schedule yet? They seem to be really lagging on this.

algunz
05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Are single day tickets really sold out?

unknown
05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I was able to select a 2 day (Sat&Sun) and a Sunday ticket on their site without a problem. They aren't selling straight single days for Friday or Saturday. Maybe at the door?

Wheres the beef?
05-06-2011, 05:39 PM
gunz, maybe we could just get darryl passes.

algunz
05-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm hoping they'll do single days at the door, because there is no way we could do all weekend. I just want to go for the afternoon, then take the girls back (we'd be there with friends and their daughter) to hang with a babysitter and we'd go back to the canyon for the night. We wouldn't camp.

SDsoldier7
05-07-2011, 02:35 AM
you and i are in the same boat, algunz.

gunz, maybe we could just get darryl passes.

unknown
05-07-2011, 08:36 AM
gunz, which day are you trying to go? I am stoked for Sunday.

zimmy1222
05-07-2011, 10:12 AM
go two days gunz! problem solved :)

SDsoldier7
05-07-2011, 11:53 AM
i think two days might be a little too much for someone her age

discobotica
05-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Not when promoters go handing out flyers outside the palladium after an aoki show.

ugh, I'm never going to live this down........I guess it wouldn't help to say that I've promoted at a second Aoki show since, this time at the Avalon :(

Wheres the beef?
05-08-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm hoping they'll do single days at the door, because there is no way we could do all weekend. I just want to go for the afternoon, then take the girls back (we'd be there with friends and their daughter) to hang with a babysitter and we'd go back to the canyon for the night. We wouldn't camp.

I might be down to split it with you (if that is even possible). You can go one day and I'll go the other. Although, I don't know about the other people in your party. They might be SOL.

EvoStevo
05-08-2011, 10:19 PM
the giant sized STEVO will be there! look out for the 7 foot tall dude from VEGAS!

Wheres the beef?
05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Will you have whippits like the real steve-o?

juloxx
05-09-2011, 08:22 AM
and will you do naked backflips? That might make you easier to spot

Natelevmofuggaz
05-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Do you guys think the weekend passes will sell out? My girlfriend won't have enough money until the 16th and I'm hoping it won't sell out by then. It hasn't ever sold out in the past right?

algunz
05-09-2011, 01:14 PM
i think two days might be a little too much for someone her age

The single day tickets cover only Sunday and Monday. I'd be fine with that. I thought Lilia had said single days were sold out, but I probably misunderstood. And I'm golden with paying for that - hangout all day & night Sunday.

zimmy1222
05-09-2011, 03:01 PM
I do not think weekend passes will sell out.

I could be wrong, but I've never seen a hippie fest sell out recent in recent years.

Mikey Lion
05-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Me and my younger brother Porkchop will be there with a team of techie hooligans in the camp site :)

For all of the techie heads looking for whose housey on the lineup, this is what I found out from The Woogie Stage (LIB house stage) on facebook.

Me:

What artists are playing the Woogie Stage this year!? I've never been to LIB but the tech house that comes outta the do lab at Coachella is top notch! I know of Nick Warren, Claude, Lee, Sammy, and Jesse will be holding down the House front. But who else on the lineup is a House DJ that I should be getting excited about!? See ya in a month!

The Woogie Stage:

Holy pizollis Mikey, that's an EXCELLENT question! We were gonna wait until we announce the time slots, but what the hell! Time slots coming soon, but here's the line-up on the Woogie for 2011:

Flook, Duckbutter, Mav3n, Mark Zabala, J.Cush, Claude VonStoke, Nick Warren, DJ Maggie, Joe Rodriguez, Wobs, Joplin, Melanie Moore, Sammy Bliss, Jay Tripwire, Android Cartel, Matt Xavier, Brutus, Dela, Brad Moontribe, Syd Gris, Pumpkin, Lee Burridge, Idiot Savant & John Kelley. WHEW! My fingers are tired . . .

BTW unknown, Lee and Sammy played the hands down best party of Coachella in the Do Lab from 2-4. I cannot fucking wait for some groovin tech-house in the sunshine!

Me and Porky will see you guys out there this memorial day! =)

unknown
05-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Do you guys think the weekend passes will sell out?
No.

The single day tickets cover only Sunday and Monday. I'd be fine with that. I thought Lilia had said single days were sold out, but I probably misunderstood. And I'm golden with paying for that - hangout all day & night Sunday.
Maybe it was the post I wrote to Geno talking about single day EDC. I am definitely in for paying the $80 at the door for Sunday. See you there!

BTW unknown, Lee and Sammy played the hands down best party of Coachella in the Do Lab from 2-4. I cannot fucking wait for some groovin tech-house in the sunshine!

Are you talking about this year? That was Jesse Wright for 1.5 hours and Lee Burridge for 25/30 minutes due to entrance problems. It will be nice to get a full set from him!

zimmy1222
05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I think the trampoline will be making a return...

it's owner is at least...

and so is a large MAPS crew for all those that remember symbi. :)

juloxx
05-10-2011, 08:31 AM
^^^ I have had my fingers crossed hoping the owner of the trampoline would come back online so I can beg em to bring it a second time around. That trampoline made my weekend

whynotsmile99
05-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Monkey chanting officially added. My day is made

zimmy1222
05-10-2011, 01:54 PM
oooooh yes. I'll be there. No conflict will keep me away.

Mikey Lion
05-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Are you talking about this year? That was Jesse Wright for 1.5 hours and Lee Burridge for 25/30 minutes due to entrance problems. It will be nice to get a full set from him!

Were you there??? I swear Lee came on at like 3:10...then again I was on a real good one :)

Saturday actually ended up being one of my favorite days despite not wanting to see anyone on the lineup. Right after the Do Lab techie party, Fred Everything came on in the Heineken Dome and dropped some straight up DEEEEP HAUUUSS for 2 hours straight. I was pretty pooped by like 8pm hahaha

SDsoldier7
05-11-2011, 04:05 PM
DEEP?

werd.

im not even sure if i can make it anymore. fml

zimmy1222
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
fyl indeed.

here's some vital information EVERYONE.

Box Office (Please note major change)

This year the box office for Lightning in a Bottle will be located off-site at:

Santiago Canyon College*
8045 E. Chapman Avenue
Orange, CA 92869

*PLEASE DO NOT GO TO OR CONTACT THE COLLEGE FOR TICKETS OR EVENT INFORMATION. OUR BOX OFFICE WILL BE OPEN IN THE COLLEGES PARKING LOT DURING THE TIMES POSTED BELOW. ALL FESTIVAL AND TICKET QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE DO LAB OR BETICKETING.

ALL attendees, artists, guests, volunteers and participants MUST go to this box office location to get their festival passes and credentials. NO EXCEPTIONS! If you had your ticket mailed to you or you purchased it in a store you must still go to the box office to get your festival wristband. Those who do not go to the box office will be denied entrance into the festval.

Box Office Hours

The festival opens Thursday the 26th for camp set up and early arrivals. All festival programming begins Friday the 27th at 7am. All attendees must vacate the festival by Monday the 30th at 4PM.

Date Hours
Thurs May 26th 4pm – 1am
Fri May 27th 7:30am – 1am
Sat May 28th 9am – 11pm
Sun May 29th 9am – 8pm
Mon May 30 No Entry
When you plan your trip please take in to account our box office hours. If you arrive at the event after the box office hours you will have to wait with your car until the box office reopens in the morning. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Upon entry, all guests will be required to register and receive a wristband, which must be worn AT ALL TIMES throughout the duration of the event.

If you do not have a wristband you will be escorted out of the event. If you lose your wristband you will need to purchase another one.

looks like our arrival time is going to be 7:30 am at the box office on friday... hell yeah for driving all night!

unknown
05-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Were you there??? I swear Lee came on at like 3:10...then again I was on a real good one :)

Yeah I was there from 2-4. Lee came on around 3:35 which he said was an hour late due to wristband problems.

zimmy1222
05-12-2011, 09:05 AM
There's gonna be wristband problems I bet...

looks like they're doin something similar to coachella, can't enter the venue area without a wristband on your wrist.

hydr1
05-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Watch me go comando cuhzzz..

That's a nature venue...mad trees and back roads...pretty lights for free. Because seein derek five times in a year and seein him next month in Tennessee just ain't enough

juloxx
05-12-2011, 10:25 AM

That's a nature venue...mad trees and back roads...pretty lights for free. Because seein derek five times in a year and seein him next month is 6 times too many. I really like boring shows

That sounds about right

zimmy1222
05-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Pretty Lights fan boy being a douche? sure does sound about right.

misterpickles
05-12-2011, 06:49 PM
hey doods! i apologize if this has been asked already.. but is the parking lot a considerable distance away from the campgrounds? I'm trying to figure out my packing situation, and while i don't mind making a couple trips back and forth, I will probably pack way lighter if its a mile each way haha.

i noticed in the camping info section on the website; "*If you must drive in the campground please observe the 5 MPH speed limit.".. Perhaps we can drive our cars in to drop off our things, then drive to the parking lot? Thanks guys :)

SDsoldier7
05-13-2011, 05:04 AM
^they will probably let you drive your car into the campgrounds to drop stuff off. last year they had a shuttle going from the parking lot to the campgrounds.

if you want to foot it, the distance is not that bad, but you would most likely have to pack light.

either way it shouldnt be a prob. i went back and forth to my car (before i lost my keys) a couple times and it wasnt bad at all. it was actually a nice walk

SDsoldier7
05-13-2011, 05:05 AM

That's a nature venue...mad trees and back roads...pretty lights for free. Because seein derek five times in a year and seein him next month in Tennessee just ain't enough

this is great.

Iamwelting
05-13-2011, 05:44 AM
I do not think weekend passes will sell out.

I could be wrong, but I've never seen a hippie fest sell out recent in recent years.

Just looked at the lineup. This is not a hippie fest. Trust me, I'm kind of a hippie.

IzGewd
05-13-2011, 06:13 AM
this guy

Coachella Bound
05-13-2011, 08:42 AM
SD whats the dealio....??? u gunna make it out or not...? im only going Sunday if you wanna meet up.

unknown
05-13-2011, 08:58 AM
but is the parking lot a considerable distance away from the campgrounds?
Last year they had a very efficient shuttle service from the parking lot to the camping area. There were several different shuttle stops depending on which area of the campgrounds you needed to get to. They did not allow anyone to drive their vehicle to the campground to drop things off. It will be quite easy to haul your stuff to the parking lot shuttle stop, then throw everything onto the shuttle, then take it all off once you get to your stop in camp. If you decide to walk your stuff to camp and aren't by the lake (which wasn't open last year) then be prepared to hike up a fairly steep hill. Shuttle is the best option.

juloxx
05-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Just looked at the lineup. This is not a hippie fest. Trust me, I'm kind of a hippie.

Disclaimer: Sarcasm doesnt always travel that well via internet. You are kidding.... right?

Monkey chanting officially added. My day is made

I saw it on the website, but I dont think it has the day or the time listed? Do you by any chance know? I am not missing that for shit, might even plan drug use around that

Angel
05-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I just moved into the area and Im very excited to go to LIB this year. Would like to make some friends maybe even someone coming from the inland empire like I am. I have volunteered for many camps in the past, so I am willing to help. I am a body painter and Im pretty good at poi. If anyone could use another member to their group, please let me know. njimenez.ca@gmail.com

SDsoldier7
05-13-2011, 03:30 PM
^are you a guy or girl?

SD whats the dealio....??? u gunna make it out or not...? im only going Sunday if you wanna meet up.

im trying to get a single day ticket for friday. i cant really say much more than that at this moment but i will get back to you when i know more about my situation

misterpickles
05-13-2011, 04:22 PM
just got my volunteer schedule! looks like i'm going to be a shuttle junkie this year haha

5.26.11/ Shuttle Ground 2/ 19:30 to 23:30 /
5.27.11/ Shuttle Loader 6/ 11:00 to 15:00 /
5.28.11/ Triangle Greeter 1/ 8:00 to 12:00 /
5.28.11/ Shuttle Ground 1/ 16:30 to 20:30 /
5.29.11/ Shuttle Ground 2/ 12:30 to 16:30 /

i'm happy the bulk of my work is on saturday, i'll be mostly free for friday and sunday.. anybody else get their schedule?

zimmy1222
05-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Trust a hippie?

hmm...

Iamwelting
05-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Disclaimer: Sarcasm doesnt always travel that well via internet. You are kidding.... right?

I guess when I think of a "hippie festival", I think more of this:

http://mountainjam.com/lineup/

But that's neither here nor there. Lightning in a Bottle looks like a good time.

SDsoldier7
05-16-2011, 04:49 AM
^^^we are talking modern day hippie festivals mah man.

that was a good laugh though, thx.

Egull
05-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Just got my 2 day ticket, see you all in 12 days! :)

zimmy1222
05-17-2011, 07:06 AM
From David Starfire's newsletter:

...called the Dub Kirtan All Stars. It’s a 15 person live band that mixes underground dance music with Kirtan, sacred chants from India that evoke spiritual enlightenment.

sounds interesting enough to check out.

juloxx
05-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Ya that deff sounds cool, but it also seems like it can get really annoying really fast. Im imagining 15 Hari-Krishnas on stage.

hydr1
05-17-2011, 10:07 AM

Trust me

crazzz2007
05-17-2011, 12:32 PM
From David Starfire's newsletter:

sounds interesting enough to check out.

it's ok i guess for about 15 minutes.

unfortunately one of the main members passed away recently, i think.

aaronbk
05-17-2011, 02:24 PM
i think david starfire's little project will be very interesting.. isnt freq nasty a part of it aswell??

SDsoldier7
05-17-2011, 02:41 PM
im hoping for it to be really hippie

Casino Logic
05-17-2011, 03:34 PM
So have you all heard the Lee Burridge set from Burning Man 2010? Completely F-ING Ridiculous! It's available here:

http://soundcloud.com/robot-heart/sets/lee-burridge-robot-heart-2010

If this doesn't get you pumped for NEXT WEEK then your probably better off staying at home.

aaronbk
05-17-2011, 06:49 PM
wow that mix is great. the tune @ 45 min is so killer! soo excited, its raining here and just making me look forward to enjoying myself under the sun in about 9 days!

Casino Logic
05-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Glad you like it. The whole thing is solid, but I wanted to mentioned that I think parts 2 and 3 are on a higher level than part 1. Some of the best stuff I've heard.

Guy wasn't even on my list, but based on what I've heard here he is now at the top. I imagine he could be, or should be headlining this thing in the next few years.

crazzz2007
05-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Glad you like it. The whole thing is solid, but I wanted to mentioned that I think parts 2 and 3 are on a higher level than part 1. Some of the best stuff I've heard.

Guy wasn't even on my list, but based on what I've heard here he is now at the top. I imagine he could be, or should be headlining this thing in the next few years.

You make it sound like lee burridge is some new dj who is just starting to get big. He's been djing for over 25 years. He used to be in a group with sasha. He is one of the most popular djs in the world. But he will never headline LIB b/c he's not hippie enough.

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2011, 10:45 AM
You make it sound like lee burridge is some new dj who is just starting to get big. He's been djing for over 25 years. He used to be in a group with sasha. He is one of the most popular djs in the world. But he will never headline LIB b/c he's not hippie enough.

I had no idea. (big surprise)

zimmy1222
05-18-2011, 10:47 AM
more about it then....

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2011, 10:51 AM
No I just googled it.

juloxx
05-18-2011, 12:37 PM

because his music is good? (I dont actually really know him, but I assume thats what you mean when you say "not hippy enough")

zimmy1222
05-18-2011, 01:49 PM
huh? all he's pointing out is that a good chunk of the hippy scene is dominated by broken beat music.

juloxx
05-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Ya I understand that. I just think hippy music tends to suck ass. I fucking despise most jam bands, and (hippy) dub-step isnt much better in my book.

Luckily LiB is so fuckin dope that I could really give a shit about the music.

zimmy1222
05-18-2011, 02:00 PM
oh, you were trying to make a point....

SDsoldier7
05-19-2011, 06:16 AM
im ready for some big time hippie beats provided by the likes of random rab and bonobo

el papachango too.

aaronbk
05-19-2011, 01:43 PM
so ready to get my hippie on! i wouldn't even call this scene "hippie" but i guess you could say that.

Coachella Bound
05-19-2011, 03:37 PM
its new age not hippie...

SDsoldier7
05-19-2011, 06:23 PM
a lot of nor-cal hippies will be at this event :thu

Casino Logic
05-20-2011, 09:26 AM
its new age not hippie...

Let me try and up the hippieness even more. This thing is next week so we might as well get ready for it now. Please feel free to join in...

It's Age of Aquarius not New Age...

1 week BIATCHEZ!

SDsoldier7
05-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Any of you not camping with us are welcome to come over to the camping spot for blunts, coffee, beer and omelets next Saturday morning.

juloxx
05-20-2011, 04:24 PM
So your making it to the festival then? Glad to hear it. I will need to eat meat at one point at this festival, that vegan granola shit the vendors sell doesnt do the trick for me. If your crew sets up some way to cook food Im way down to bring some shit.

Edit: Im so fucking excited for this. If anyone is volunteering tomorrow or sunday we may juss cross paths

meyouseek
05-20-2011, 05:16 PM
My girl just scored free Sunday passes from KCRW. Sad to miss so much talent on Friday and Saturday... but hey, free tickets.

We'll be with camp Kampydome. 20ft dome (I think the cover will be white) and a few chill people. Drop in for a smoke or beer.

Casino Logic
05-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Everyone see the set times? Looks pretty solid to me. Sunday is a bit of a cluster... we all knew that. I wish they had spread that talent over the other days a little more, but they did a good job on the schedule, so I can see everyone I wanted to for at least an hour.

I couldn't find the times on the website... just in the email last night, so I'll post them here in case you didn't get the email.

Also... THEY NOW HAVE SHOWERS!!! $6 a shower, but come Sunday afternoon they should probably be charging closer to $60. You New Age hippie freaks!

LIGHTNING STAGE
Friday
12:30-2:00 MiM0SA
11:25-12:05 Lucent Dossier Experience
10:55-11:25 William & the Earth Harp
9:30-10:55 Random Rab
and the Infinidroid
7:45-9:00 Dub Kirtan Allstars
7:20-7:25 Zoraya Judd
6:00-7:10 The Malah
5:30-5:40 Bella Luna
4:00-5:15 The Mowgliís
3:35-3:40 Onamare
2:00-3:15 Metal Mother

Saturday
12:30-2:00 Pretty Lights
12:05-12:25 William & the Earth Harp
10:30-12:00 Beats Antique
9:35-10:00 El Circo
8:05-9:20 KRADDY
7:45-7:50 Zoraya Judd
6:05-7:20 Y La Bamba
5:25-5:40 nOah VeiLís pOrtal pOtty
3:55-5:10 Octopus Nebula
3:25-3:35 Otherwise Ent.
1:50-3:05 Lulacruza

Sunday
12:30-2:00 Thievery Corporation
12:00-12:20 Seraphim
10:25-11:55 Bonobo
10:00-10:15 nOah VeiLís pOrtal pOtty
8:45-9:45 Foolís Gold
8:15-8:20 Aradia Julia Sunseri
6:40-8:05 Invisible Allies
6:10-6:20 Otherwise Ent.
4:35-5:50 Love in the Circus
2:45-4:15 Desert Dwellers
BAMBOO STAGE
Friday
11:15-12:45 PANTyRAiD
9:45-11:15 NastyNasty
8:15-9:45 Stephan Jacobs
6:45-8:15 Emancipator
5:15-6:45 The Great Mundane
3:45-5:15 Kaminanda
2:30-3:45 Sex Pixels

Saturday
11:30-1:00 Virtual Boy
10:00-11:30 Love & Light
8:30-10:00 LowRIDERz
7:00-8:30 Heyoka
5:45-7:00 ill-esha
4:30-5:45 Gladkill
3:15-4:30 Russ Liquid
1:45-3:15 Phutureprimitive

Sunday
11:30-1:00 Paper Diamond
10:00-11:30 Eskmo
9:05-10:00 Baths
8:55-9:05 Sofiah Thom
7:30-8:55 LYNX
6:15-7:30 El Papachango
5:00-6:15 Shawna
3:45-5:00 Inspired Flight
(Feat. Eligh and Scarub)
2:30-3:45 GoldRush
1:15-2:30 Pussy Monster
THE WOOGIE
Friday
12:00-2:00 Nick Warren
10:00-12:00 Claude VonStroke
8:30-10:00 J. Cush
7:00-8:30 Mark Zabala
5:30-7:00 MAV3N
4:00-5:30 duckbutter
2:30-4:00 Flook

Saturday
12:00-2:00 Android Cartel
10:00-12:00 Jay Tripwire
8:00-10:00 Sammy Bliss
6:00-8:00 Melanie Moore
4:30-6:00 Joplin
3:00-4:30 Wobs
1:30-3:00 Joe Rodriguez
12:00-1:30 DJ Maggie

Sunday
12:30-2:00 John Kelley
10:30-12:30 idiot Savant
7:30-10:30 Lee Burridge
6:00-7:30 Pumpkin
4:30-6:00 Syd Gris
3:00-4:30 Brad Moontribe
1:30-3:00 dela Moontribe
12:00-1:30 Brutus

juloxx
05-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Is that just the musicians? I care more about the seminars and monkey chant and stuff. Has that been posted?

IzGewd
05-21-2011, 08:38 AM
saturday is looking empty for me. Who should i check out?

Coachella Bound
05-21-2011, 10:59 AM
sunday is looking to be one of the most incredible days of music.... no conflicts at all for me. Ahhhhh i wish i was gunna be there all weekend.

Sunday

LIGHTNING STAGE
10:00-10:15 nOah VeiL’s pOrtal pOtty
8:45-9:45 Fool’s Gold

BAMBOO STAGE
(Feat. Eligh and Scarub)

THE WOOGIE

not conflicting w/ the names in bold, who else should i deff check out....???

aaronbk
05-21-2011, 11:13 AM
damn, this is looking awesome. i love the flow of the music! and the artist for each day just seem to work perfect! THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT WEEKEND.

coachella bound, i know its during bonobo, but eskmo is awesome live! im going to try and and do his set from 10-11 then run over to watch an hour of bonobo. and besides baths, lynx, pussy monster, and paper diamond; sunday looks the same for me.

we are almost there!:pulse

Coachella Bound
05-21-2011, 11:24 AM
ok cool, thanks for the recommendation... i recently had the opportunity to catch Bonobo live, so a dj set is deff worth missing a little bit for this Eskmo character. Want to try and catch some of Baths as well.

guedita
05-21-2011, 11:30 AM
3 hours of Lee Burridge into Bonobo sounds quite lovely indeed. I hope you all have a great time!

Egull
05-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Anybody have any more recommendations for Saturday and Sunday during the day. I am pretty unfamiliar with the artists up until 7 each day.

Coachella Bound
05-21-2011, 01:07 PM
dont miss Inspired Flight on sunday... the two mc's coming out are true Legends (or true Melancholy Gypsys) DONT MISS...!!!

Casino Logic
05-21-2011, 02:19 PM
sunday is looking to be one of the most incredible days of music.... no conflicts at all for me. Ahhhhh i wish i was gunna be there all weekend.

Sunday

LIGHTNING STAGE
10:00-10:15 nOah VeiLís pOrtal pOtty
8:45-9:45 Foolís Gold

BAMBOO STAGE
(Feat. Eligh and Scarub)

THE WOOGIE

not conflicting w/ the names in bold, who else should i deff check out....???

Sunday is great and I like what you got, but definitely try and catch Eskmo and Baths too. Sunday is STACKED.

Is that just the musicians? I care more about the seminars and monkey chant and stuff. Has that been posted?

Yeah I wanted to know about that stuff too, but there was nothing in the email about it and I don't see them on the website. I don't see the set times posted either, but they were in the email :\

Wheres the beef?
05-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah I wanted to know about that stuff too, but there was nothing in the email about it and I don't see them on the website. I don't see the set times posted either, but they were in the email :\

http://lightninginabottle.org/experience/temple-of-consciousness/

misterpickles
05-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Anybody have any more recommendations for Saturday and Sunday during the day. I am pretty unfamiliar with the artists up until 7 each day.

dela of moontribe plays a lot of deep downtempo and idm, a nice way to start off the last afternoon! and brad, who plays right after her on the same stage, is in to this spacey techno type stuff.. they're both pretty groovy

Egull
05-21-2011, 04:13 PM
dont miss Inspired Flight on sunday... the two mc's coming out are true Legends (or true Melancholy Gypsys) DONT MISS...!!!

Thank You!! I am loving this.

dela of moontribe plays a lot of deep downtempo and idm, a nice way to start off the last afternoon! and brad, who plays right after her on the same stage, is in to this spacey techno type stuff.. they're both pretty groovy

I'm down for this too, I couldn't find that much to listen to, but what I did hear sounds like it would be really cool. Thanks!

Egull
05-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Workshop schedule: http://lightninginabottle.org/mind-body/schedules/

unknown
05-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Woo Sunday will be a blast.

Dela
Brad
Inspired Flight
Lee Burridge (sorry, Baths)
Idiot Savant/eskmo/Bonobo
Thievery

303dubbin
05-22-2011, 11:17 AM
wish i was joining you all this upcoming weekend. definitely check out eskmo if you havent before. i think he just debuted his live av show in london a few weeks back.

unknown
05-23-2011, 07:49 AM
I wonder if he'll have that same set up this weekend... I saw him at ninja tune and wasn't really impressed but that could have been due to the anticipation to see Amon Tobin.

zimmy1222
05-23-2011, 11:27 AM
He was decent when he opened for bassnectar, full live set up... hopefully we'll get the same set up.

btw:

Monkey Chant. 9 - 10 pm. Saturday. Temple of Consciousness.

Conflicts with Lowriderz, Kraddy/El Circo, Sammy Bliss.

At night ... ooo, that's gonna be silly.

Egull, I think a lot of us didn't really try to focus on seeing too many acts in the day time and instead just wander around and hang out in the sun and listen to whatever's on. The days were pretty nice.

That being said, most of Saturday day's Bamboo stage is kinda dupsteppy. Sunday has an eclectic selection. Probably gonna get something different every time you swing by that stage. I've always had fun at Shawna's sets. Someone already mentioned the Moontribe peeps for Sunday on the Woogie...
Dropping in on a workshop might be just the thing too.

But, imo, being spontaneous works out pretty well.

est1985
05-23-2011, 04:41 PM

Not sure what you're into but this is what my Saturday is looking like:

6:06-7:20 Y La Bamba at the Lightning Stage

7:30-8:30 Heyoka at the Bamboo Stage

10:30-Midnight Beats Antique at the Lightning Stage

12:05-12:30 William and the Earth Harp at the Lightning Stage

12:30-2 Pretty Lights at the Lightning Stage

est1985
05-23-2011, 07:35 PM
I just moved into the area and Im very excited to go to LIB this year. Would like to make some friends maybe even someone coming from the inland empire like I am. I have volunteered for many camps in the past, so I am willing to help. I am a body painter and Im pretty good at poi. If anyone could use another member to their group, please let me know. njimenez.ca@gmail.com

My girlfriend and I are coming from Ontario! Reply to this post with your FB info so I can check out your profile to make sure youre not a creep. Im sure youre not...but you know...these days...

discobotica
05-23-2011, 08:05 PM

Woogie Stage: Sammy Bliss 8:00-10:00 => Jay Tripwire 10:00-12:00 => Android Cartel 12:00-2:00

maybe the most solid/consistent 6 consecutive hours of music on one stage all weekend

1dWXzfFzoZI

2Droyu7BLEw

DBxkPzMEgBw

algunz
05-23-2011, 10:44 PM
:(

I don't know if we're going to make it this year. We might have just sold our house and have a lot of shit to take care of.

DropThatBass
05-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Anyone know if making multiple trips from your car to your camp site is going to be a pain? My group is brining chairs, shade, tents coolers....We're worried that making too many trips will be a hassle. Or should we plan to try and take everything in one trip?

Also, how bad is the walk up and down Lumi hill?

IzGewd
05-24-2011, 07:38 AM
thanks for the recommendations guys. I'm digging that sammy bliss > jay > android... Should be fun. Definitely trying to catch the earth harp at some point too.

juloxx
05-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Anyone know if making multiple trips from your car to your camp site is going to be a pain? My group is brining chairs, shade, tents coolers....We're worried that making too many trips will be a hassle. Or should we plan to try and take everything in one trip?

It honestly all depends on where your parked. 2-3 trips isnt much of a big deal though

Also, any volunteers from the LA area going to the Thursday orientation? Im tryn to maybe carpool

unknown
05-24-2011, 08:54 AM
The shuttle was pretty efficient last year making multiple trips between cars and camp a breeze.

aaronbk
05-24-2011, 09:24 AM
anyone taking the shuttle out of SF?

DropThatBass
05-24-2011, 11:25 AM
This forum has been a wealth of information. Much thanks to the old schoolers. I can't wait to get out there and party. See everyone there! 2 more days and a wake up!!

SDsoldier7
05-24-2011, 03:20 PM
So your making it to the festival then?

i am planning on getting in on friday night.

:(

I don't know if we're going to make it this year. We might have just sold our house and have a lot of shit to take care of.

That sucks. Hopefully we can party again soon

unknown
05-24-2011, 03:29 PM
map. nice to see they added showers. too bad they're $6 a pop.
http://lightninginabottle.org/event-info/festival-map/

SDsoldier7
05-24-2011, 03:34 PM
i wonder how much it will get used considering the majority of these people are hippies who are accustomed to not bathing regularly?

also from LIB

Car camping and tent camping will be mixed, there is no designated car camping area.

Porkchop
05-24-2011, 05:52 PM
how easy is it to sneak into LIB? just curious

juloxx
05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Sneaking in isnt the problem, its moving between areas. At every entrance to a different "stage" or part of the venue they have you walk by security and flash wristbands.... its not one of those things where if you make it over the fence your in.

SDsoldier7
05-25-2011, 05:34 AM
juloxx is familair with protocol

unknown
05-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Last year it seemed to be pretty easy to sneak in since so many people managed to do it. Like juloxx said, walking between camp and the venue was the difficult part but it could still be done by walking with a large group or something. Also, if you find a similar wristband it could work. Last year the 3 days were gold and the single were silver but if you flipped the silver one inside out, it was gold. That was silly.

Coachella Bound
05-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Marques is spinning on sunday.....!!!

algunz
05-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Ours were pink last year and once we got in, it was never checked. Of course we never made it all the way out to camp.

IzGewd
05-25-2011, 09:39 AM
camping was hard to get into?

zimmy1222
05-25-2011, 09:53 AM
look, it's just a bunch of security half assingly checking wristbands at various checkpoints between the stuff up on on the hill, and the festival. They checked more going into the festival from camping than vice versa, but security was checking the whole weekend. basically, you need to have a wristband on if you want to experience the festival. how you go about making that happen is you're own deal, but that's the only way you're gonna be there for a significant amount of time.

zimmy1222
05-25-2011, 09:57 AM

It's a pretty steep hill, gets steeper throughout the weekend, but it's hardly something to complain about when you realize where the hill is taking you or where it's bringing you up from.

zimmy1222
05-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Friday's sunset with Emancipator is gonna be a treat.

As will be closing the day with Invisible Allies and opening the night Burridge for 3 hours.

Can't wait. :)

Aurgasm
05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Have fun y'all. There will be many phone calls between the two festivals throughout the course of the weekend. Love will be spoken.

I want plenty of colourful (hint hint) pictures from this weekend. 8^)

djandrews25
05-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Marques is spinning on sunday.....!!!

Are you a fan?

Coachella Bound
05-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Are you a fan?

only cause of you and the misses.... we saw him together, you might have been drunk.

shakermaker113
05-25-2011, 06:44 PM
have fun this weekend, kids. a little sad I won't be joining, I'm sure it will be magical.

shermanoaksyo
05-25-2011, 07:42 PM
My camping gear is still lousy with playa dust. Hopefully this is not a big LiB faux pas.

aaronbk
05-25-2011, 08:52 PM
leaving in the morning, so glad it's finally here. This is going to be one beyond amazing weekend. No better way to bring in the summer.

would be awesome to meet some of you, feel free to say Hi! there is a tattoo of a crab under my right elbow, brown hair that goes past the shoulders.

safe travels!:pulse:)

Porkchop
05-25-2011, 08:52 PM
See ya guys out there... We're trying to park as close as possible to the Woogie stage.

getbetter
05-25-2011, 09:03 PM
I ran into Dev while dropping a friend off.Lighting in a Bottle looks great have fun this weekend everyone.

Wheres the beef?
05-25-2011, 10:01 PM
My camping gear is still lousy with playa dust. Hopefully this is not a big LiB faux pas.

If anything, it should be considered something to be proud of. I don't know too many burners that "clean" their stuff afterwards.

whynotsmile99
05-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Hope everyone has a hell of a time. I'll be the drunk guy blowing bubbles in the silly hat and a Jumbo's Clown Room T shirt on. come say hi

zimmy1222
05-26-2011, 08:39 AM
my ID: silver water bottle; addichtech, eoto, bassnectar, SC stickers w/ a hanging smoking grenade.

BOOM, let's go LIB. see you there. :)

EverGreen407
05-27-2011, 11:14 AM
So Stoked!!! See you all Saturday!!! :dumbo

rag and bone
05-27-2011, 11:16 AM
what a useless day of work. 2 more hours and then im on my way!!

Coachella Bound
05-28-2011, 06:34 PM
someone please record the monkey chanting....!!!

be there in the morning...... Can't waiiiiiiiiit.

RickeyinLA
05-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Really Really Good weekend for our first LiB. Camped up in Pear Patch by the Temple of Consciousness (we had the plastic flower garden in front of our sultan's tent) and fell asleep to Qawwali singing Friday night. The Woogie stage seemed to have the best continuous party - Claude VonStroke, Joe Rodriguez, and three hours of Lee Burridge were incredible. It rained a couple of times and it was cool and windy. New Belgium beer ($5) on tap! A naked communal shower! The oak forest was gorgeously decorated and came alive at night. Sound at every location was crisp and boomy with minimal bleed. Costumes galore! No rules!

And everybody was so fucking pleasant. Can't wait until next year.

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-30-2011, 03:33 PM
This looks like crazy fun. A friend's band is playing this year. I totally should have gone.

anti-square
05-30-2011, 06:21 PM
The techno gods were summoned this weekend. I love you Woogie.

seanxpaul
05-30-2011, 06:34 PM
claude!!! also fantastic performances from lowriderz, treavor moontribe, lee burridge and bonobo. had a great time and got to hang with some wonderful people (you know who you are)

whynotsmile99
05-30-2011, 06:41 PM
another incredible weekend. Thank you Do Lab. Going to allow my brain to defrost for a bit before I type more

discobotica
05-30-2011, 07:08 PM
thx for a great weekend everyone!!! Lee Burridge, Marques Wyatt, and Android Cartel *ahem* Devin *ahem* all delivered the goods.........also caught some boardies in a bottle this weekend: zimmy, juloxx, rag and bone, very pleased to meet and party with all y'all! 'til next time!

juloxx
05-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Ya deff good partying. Good times Good times. Its amazing how much of more of a bunrerish event it has turned into. I mean christ it felt so much like The Playa.

Eskmo was the best set of the weekend IMO. Wasnt familiar with his music but seeing him in action was incredible. He has so much talent

unknown
05-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I guess the vibe is a lot different when you're there for the weekend rather than just the last day. It was so crowded compared to last year. I'll avoid the negatives in my review and just say Lee Burridge was very much worth the trip up for the day. Running around on acid is a good time with so much beautiful artwork but it wasn't the same festival I remember from last year. Even other friends who came for one day last year and on Sunday with me didn't enjoy themselves nearly as much as they did last year and my boyfriend who has never been was a bit disappointed by the same things I was. Glad everyone who went all 3 days that I bumped into had a great time. Next year will be all 3 days or nothing because 1 day has too many drawbacks.

Porkchop
05-30-2011, 09:40 PM
This was the first time I had been to LIB and I had a fucking blast. I successfully snuck in friday afternoon after hiking around the hill for two hours haha the biggest trek of my life.. by sunset it was getting difficult coming down the hill and fell off little cliffs into cactuses etc.. pretty brutal but fucking worth it! Every person I saw at the Woogie killed it.. Highlights were Claude, Nick Warren, Melanie Moore, and especially Sammy Bliss. Also after hours between 4-7am the little renegade stage outside the woogie was one of my favorite sets. I think their name was something like tekkorama or something but they played dark hard tech, definitely one of my favorite sets. Then I had to bail sunday because I'm moving out of my house but bummed I missed lee... :( but I ran into some boardies during Android Cartel and I talked to one you for awhile but I can't remember. Ps. did M.A.N.D.Y ever show up.. I know it was the rumor of the weekend because they were posted on RA supposively?

shermanoaksyo
05-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Stuff happened at this festival that will have a profoundly positive effect on my life. Thanks a million, Coachella boards.

crazzz2007
05-30-2011, 10:09 PM
This was the first time I had been to LIB and I had a fucking blast. I successfully snuck in friday afternoon after hiking around the hill for two hours haha the biggest trek of my life.. by sunset it was getting difficult coming down the hill and fell off little cliffs into cactuses etc.. pretty brutal but fucking worth it!

I'm sorry you didn't break a leg while sneaking in.

Distorted_Jungle
05-31-2011, 08:45 AM
I guess the vibe is a lot different when you're there for the weekend rather than just the last day. It was so crowded compared to last year. I'll avoid the negatives in my review and just say Lee Burridge was very much worth the trip up for the day. Running around on acid is a good time with so much beautiful artwork but it wasn't the same festival I remember from last year. Even other friends who came for one day last year and on Sunday with me didn't enjoy themselves nearly as much as they did last year and my boyfriend who has never been was a bit disappointed by the same things I was. Glad everyone who went all 3 days that I bumped into had a great time. Next year will be all 3 days or nothing because 1 day has too many drawbacks.

Sunday was the worst by far, probably because it ended up selling out. Saturday was by far the best crowd wise since there were no single day passes for that day.

As for my review of the whole weekend, fuckin amazing pretty much sums it all up for me. I don't think I caught a full set all weekend and it doesn't bother me at all. I walked around so much and watched the creativity unfold and had such an amazing time. I am still shocked at the amount of freedom we are given at this event. The only thing that sucked was how cold it got at night. I ended up having to leave a little early on Sunday and when we were driving out of the venue we hit a pretty big line of cars that wasn't moving. Then this lady comes up to our car and tells us they had a missing kid situation and aren't letting anyone leave at the moment. I was pretty pissed they didn't search the car and just let us go but I understand at the same time. Luckily we were only stuck for about 15-20 minutes and then they opened the gates. Oh, and my new favorite insult, courtesy of the wasted asshole that showed up at our camp saturday morning, is "Douche Tard." If you know you know, if you don't you don't.

Distorted_Jungle
05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm interested to hear more.

I think it was the difference between them only selling 4,000 tickets in 2010 and selling out at 7,000 on Sunday this year, Sunday was very crowded compared to the rest of the weekend.

unknown
05-31-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm interested to hear more.

Sunday felt completely different to me because of the crowd, mainly. The venue was trashed which was really shitty to see. Adam and I walked up to the top area where all camping was last year, and even the art installed up there was surrounded by trash. With more people in attendance just comes more trash, more fucked up people, more people who look like they belong at the orange show, etc...

The bamboo stage on Sunday was just terrible music every time we walked by - I had to remind Adam that last year I was able to see Adam Freeland, Apparat, Daedelus, Nosaj Thing, and Eliot Lipp there. It was just a lot of work to drive up, pay $80, haul beer and shit from the car to camp, party HARD, and drive home all in a 14 hour period. It's much better to just go the entire weekend and get your bearings for the weekend. Last year having our spot for the weekend pretty much locked down was nice but going only Sunday - it was hard to find anyone after Lee Burridge's set. A major part of the festival was relaxing and enjoying music with friends - compress all the art viewing, music listening, and wandering into one day and it's pretty much impossible to spend any quality time with friends.

7K in that place just takes away so much of the experience. Some chic overheard me talking about how crowded it was and insisted they could fit another 10K in there. what the fuck.

misterpickles
05-31-2011, 10:37 AM
i'm still very much digesting all that has happened, so pardon my writing skills, but dang, what a festival! while the music was certainly the main draw for me, in the end it was certainly the people that made this festival so special.

camping out and partying with all you guys, all the attendees who were so appreciative of the small-time volunteer work i was doing, meeting burners and making plans for the playa in a few months, the constant exchange of smiles.. it all adds up to inspiration and refreshment in my faith for humanity

highlights: claude, earth harp, android cartel/treavor moontribe in the rain :eek:, lee burridge, the BEST MORNING EVER with moo/disco/khoy, breathing class, and last but certainly not least; running into a very fucked up shifty shellshock from crazytown

my only concern is, as lillia was saying, the rapid growth of this festival and the do lab's ability to sustain such a harmonic environment. one of the production staff informed me that the do lab lost $30,000 after last year, and so i can see why they want it to grow and become popular. I just hope that in this process they can focus on providing the freedom and intimacy that made this festival what it was

anyways, i can't wait to hear more stories and reviews. you guys rock and it's impossible not to have a good time with such crazy kids.

/hug

algunz
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm sorry you didn't break a leg while sneaking in.

I'll admit, Izzy and I snuck in on Friday afternoon by buying fishing passes at the lake and just walking in by the pirate ship. We couldn't go out that way though. We had to walk out the main entrance and down Santiago Canyon. Luckily it wasn't far. We were only there for a few hours and it was a perfect time for Izzy because we could just check out the artwork and make some crafts and just explore before the music started. It was a bit too loud for her last year.

Lilia that makes me so sad that it was so trashed being that is one of The Do Lab's main focuses. On Friday it was beautiful and open, although I must admit the camping area on the dirt rocks must have kind of sucked.

I'm so happy I was able to make it in for a few hours, yet so sad I missed most of you and the music. It was a pleasure as always to see Dev, Daft, and meeting Distortedjungle and Misterpickles.

Distorted_Jungle
05-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I'll admit, Izzy and I snuck in on Friday afternoon by buying fishing passes at the lake and just walking in by the pirate ship. We couldn't go out that way though. We had to walk out the main entrance and down Santiago Canyon. Luckily it wasn't far. We were only there for a few hours and it was a perfect time for Izzy because we could just check out the artwork and make some crafts and just explore before the music started. It was a bit too loud for her last year.

Lilia that makes me so sad that it was so trashed being that is one of The Do Lab's main focuses. On Friday it was beautiful and open, although I must admit the camping area on the dirt rocks must have kind of sucked.

I'm so happy I was able to make it in for a few hours, yet so sad I missed most of you and the music. It was a pleasure as always to see Dev, Daft, and meeting Distortedjungle and Misterpickles.

It was great meeting you as well!

thedolab
05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
http://img.ymlp.com/thedolab_prettylightscrowd.jpg

Thank you to everyone for your support and incredible participation. We love you!

Keep sharing your wonderful stories, pictures and videos with us!

Add your photos to our LIB 2011 Group on Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/lib2011

Add your videos to our LIB 2011 Playlist on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL2E9F5528EEFC2EA0

Find LIB on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lightninginabottle

J~$$$$
05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
That looks unbearable. Jah Trustifari!

whynotsmile99
05-31-2011, 09:08 PM
still processing everything...i will say going back to work today was the strangest feeling. It was like the entire weekend was nothing more than a dream. Funny to listen to co-workers talk about their weekends with kids and Kung Fu Panda 2 while I watched the sun rise with a man singing songs from the Jungle Book on a ukelele.

RickeyinLA
05-31-2011, 10:11 PM
It was a beautiful experience that I wish could go on and on.
I got a speeding ticket on my way to work today, 42 in a 25 zone.
I miss the Woogie.

Bleezie
06-01-2011, 11:02 AM
This was such a beautiful festival. We arrived on Thursday night and every day there were more and more people and tents, especially on Sunday. While the lineup was not as good as last years there was still a lot of good acts to catch. The Woogie was great ALL weekend long. Some of those notable acts were Claude, Random Rab and his visual setup, Emancipator sunset set, Bonobo, Eskmo, Nick Warren, and Lee Burridge. As much as I want to go to DEMF next year I don't know if I can miss LiB.

zimmy1222
06-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I was told by the production guy at the bamboo stage that there were 13k people there. that was on sunday afternoon. crazy.

The crowd was definitely more unconscious this year as opposed to last year. I guess that's what happens when you double attendance from the previous year. Lots and lots of trash and I'm amazed that there wasn't more effort put into getting people to clean that up. Yeah, Leave It Better, Leave It Beautiful is a obvious theme, but that's just not what's going to happen, especially around the stages at night. Regardless, I picked up a bunch of trash in front of the bamboo stage one morning because It was a bit overbearing.....while I was, this country kid picked up a whippet cartridge and asked some guy, "what's this?"... he explained it to him in terms of whip cream... I shouted while walking off, "you huff it!"... he was confused.

My favorite stage was the Woogie. Never had a bad time there. And Android Cartel was definitely my favorite set at the Woogie. Boogie Woogie Woogie.... The Bamboo Stage was not only way less pretty from last year's, but the music let me down more times than it didn't. However, I enjoyed the Emancipator & Heyoka sunsets, Pantyraid, and Gladkill. :) The main stage was too quiet every time I was there. Too quiet during Mimosa, during Pretty Lights... but Beats Antique was so much FUN. Ah! They killed it, Zoe was stunning (who I got to share the bamboo stage with for about 15 minutes :D win!***) and they were really entertaining the whole time. Especially the bestiality session that lucent dossier pulled at the end... bahahahaha.

Monkey Chant was ok, probably would have worked about better in a less confined space earlier in the night. I was kinda on the outside though, so it was hard to get into.

running into a very fucked up shifty shellshock from crazytown

I thought I saw that guy.... haha.

*** The highlight of the festival was definitely when I got to play the music to my gf's workshop on the bamboo stage. She taught it in front at the dancing area, and I helped finish off a keg backstage while making sure the music was at the right volume and song. When she finished her workshop, Pussy Monster wasn't on yet, so I just started playing what I felt like. They eventually came up and set up next to me and the gf and I kicked it backstage while the dancers of P.M. had a fashion shoot in their gold speedos. Shenanigins I tell ya...
...must have been Saki Bomb Sunday @ 9 am down the road that made that day start off incredibly and continue through the duration of the festival.

It was such a pleasure meeting everyone at the douche tard camp. As well as seeing everyone else again. I love this festival, glad you were all there to share it with me.

A few pictures comin soon.

Bleezie
06-01-2011, 11:31 AM
The Bamboo Stage was not only way less pretty from last year's, but the music let me down more times than it didn't. However, I enjoyed the Emancipator & Heyoka sunsets, Pantyraid, and Gladkill. :) The main stage was too quiet every time I was there. Too quiet during Mimosa, during Pretty Lights...

I totally agree with all of this. The Bamboo was my favorite stage last year but this year it lacked visually and musically. The Lightning stage was quiet and always packed at night.

unknown
06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I was told by the production guy at the bamboo stage that there were 13k people there. that was on sunday afternoon. crazy.

Isn't that about 10K more than last year? I saw some photos from Friday and Saturday and it looked a lot more tolerable. If they keep the same location and the lineup isn't strong next year, I'm definitely planning to hit up demf.

zimmy1222
06-01-2011, 11:44 AM
The same guy said there were 6k last year.

Egull
06-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I had such an awesome time at LIB. Met so many awesome people, I feel like I can not even describe how much fun I had. I took a bunch of pictures if anyone is interested: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150191671106239.307117.582641238&l=791b6f65c1

Gigger
06-01-2011, 03:50 PM
The portal potty was the set of the weekend.

zimmy1222
06-01-2011, 03:52 PM
It was a portal???? I was so confused at the time...

Coachella Bound
06-01-2011, 05:32 PM
a few from sunday.....

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247377_1885805438881_1653769764_1816872_6900475_n. jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252490_1885814919118_1653769764_1816889_3673114_n. jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252461_1885818759214_1653769764_1816908_8045648_n. jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248827_1885805078872_1653769764_1816870_6944084_n. jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252902_1885813879092_1653769764_1816885_8126311_n. jpg

Porkchop
06-01-2011, 07:05 PM
WOOOGIE WOOOGIE for LIFE!

zimmy1222
06-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Seriously Porkchop, I'm excited to see who they bring next year for the woogie. This year was smashing.

Porkchop
06-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Everyone and I mean everyone killed it. I have never heard so much good tech house/house in my entire life

crazzz2007
06-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Everyone and I mean everyone killed it. I have never heard so much good tech house/house in my entire life

You obviously have not listened to house music all that much.

Coachella Bound
06-02-2011, 11:58 AM
please tell me someone recorded all of Bonobos set....

misterpickles
06-02-2011, 03:30 PM
My favorite stage was the Woogie. Never had a bad time there. And Android Cartel was definitely my favorite set at the Woogie. Boogie Woogie Woogie....

grindhouse in the rain with those dark blue strobey lights :eek:

misterpickles
06-02-2011, 03:31 PM

psh. way more than you have.. i measured.

aaronbk
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
amazing weekend for sure! like wow. do lab knows what there doing. stephon jacobs, pantyraid, nastynasty, baths, eskmo, love and light where all highlights. met so many amazing people! would type more but im still trying to have my brain get out of slow-mo

Bleezie
06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
grindhouse in the rain with those dark blue strobey lights :eek:

SO MUCH FUN!

Gigger
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Foam tub dubstep party.

misterpickles
06-02-2011, 04:55 PM
so many wobbly weeners

zimmy1222
06-02-2011, 06:20 PM

So what? He had fun.

Were you there? Did you have fun? Tell us something...

djandrews25
06-02-2011, 09:11 PM

It was better than expected, the only one who sucked that i heard was john kelly. But he's known for having problems beat matching.

spacekat
06-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Such a fun festie, without a doubt. The emphasis on the arts is a really nice touch. I always appreciate a music festival that gives the festival goers something to focus their whirling drug induced minds on when no music is playing, or if a little down time is necessary. Wish I hadn't been so tired because I would've loved to of explored all the little after party shows they had going on. Saw one group composed off two men on Sunday night after Thievery, who fucking killed it. Unfortunately I cannot remember their name but it was melodica heavy and very Augustus Pabloesque. I admire anyone who was able to go to yoga. I wanted too so bad but when you get into bed as the sun rises it's a tad hard to get up before 10 to go do yoga, even though I'm sure it would've done wonders for my aching body.
As far as the music, a lot of great performances. Though it really made me appreciate the diversity of Coachella. Every act was, obviously, pretty Bass heavy, but I was surprised by the bass in Thievery Corps. and I heard Bonobo's set was pretty bass heavy as well. (Who I unfortunately missed due to Eskmo's set going much later then he was supposed to resulting in some confusion.) But Kraddy was killer with a live drummer, Baths was awesome and a great prelude to Eskmo. The lineup times were really well put together and placed well according to the energy levels of each night. I would of liked it to be at a venue in more Northern California because I feel it really affects the vibe of the crowd, personally I felt it was lacking a bit in the spiritual portion in comparison to what I have experienced at say Earthdance (super shitty that they moved the venue to Vallejo fairgrounds wtf?!) in the past few years and had a little more emphasis on the aesthetics. But all in all really great festival. Very very well done! The weather was perfect for my Totoro onesie that I got to rock all weekend

juloxx
06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Ha a Totoro onesie? Would have loved to see that

aaronbk
06-03-2011, 07:00 PM
totoro!!! spent the whole weekend with her! we would of loved meeting some of you, but meet ups at fests never seem to work for me since i always end up just forgetting and getting wrapped up in everything. i shall run into some of you sooner or later!

edit: also whoever had the plastic garden in the upper camping we passed by that everyday and always mentioned how beautiful your garden was! (to lazy to go back a page and quote)

Coachella Bound
06-08-2011, 11:58 AM
http://vimeo.com/24760866