PDA

View Full Version : F!@# these people.

ashtraygrl
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
i'm sorry for this pointless rant, but i'm a little irritated right now.

as i've posted before, my room is an hour away from the festival. this is because i "only" booked 2.5 months in advance and (more importantly) because i can not afford 300 dollars a night for 4 nights. i know how business works and i understand supply and demand, but it's pretty fucking sad that coachella has become something only rich people can afford to do comfortably. those of us who live outside of california have to spend a fortune to get there. sure, i could camp i suppose. then i'd have to shell out money for a tent/supplies and fucking die of heat exhaustion and no sleep every day. i've done that at a festival before (not coachella) and it was one of the most horrible times i've ever had. i just spent 30 minutes going through "offers" people were giving me for rooms. rooms that would normaly cost 60 bucks a night are now 300. literaly. people are renting out their fucking spare room for 300 dollars a night. even if i COULD afford that i wouldn't pay it. it's fucking ridiculous. as it is (staying an hour away) this trip is costing me a grand total of 3000.00 that might not sound like a lot to you, but it sure as hell is to me. i've wanted to go to coachella since the first one and i could never afford it. now i'm going and i realize why i didn't in the past. it is -breaking- me. i know this post will get a lot of "boohoo/whatever" replies, but i also know a lot of people out there are in the same boat as me. i feel taken advantage of and ripped off. by ticketbastard, by hotels, by airlines, and probably by vendors once i get there. when did being a fan of live music start meaning you had to be loaded?

dontfeedthebird
03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
But it's Bjork man.

Alchemy
03-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah the cost is a beast, but it sure is worth the trouble.

Alchemy
03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Also, it sort of filters out people that could mess up the show. Because now people have the mentality of, "I paid a crap load for this, I am going to enjoy it and not fuck things up."

microserfs21
03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm coming from outside of the US and I figure it will only cost me about $1000with food and everything. Then again I am camping.

gaypalmsprings
03-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Try booking a room in Palm Springs for less than $300/night. There are two lesbian resorts (clothing optional), and a few gay/lesbian resorts (clothed only) that have rooms. No one has to know you are str8. Go for it girl!

For the guys, there are also rooms availbable at men's resorts or the mixed gay/lesbian ones in Palm Spings & Cathedral City. At least one male resort offers tent space at $35/night for 2 people.

All together - there are nearly 40 gay, lesbian, and gay/lesbian resorts. Most have rooms available.

There are also clothing optional srt8 resorts too. I don't know much about them. But I am sure they have rooms too.

DeltaSigChi4
03-03-2007, 06:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DeltaSigChi4/Popular%20Culture/wtf.jpg

E

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2007, 06:43 PM
When I was looking for a place to stay the cost of hotels/motels drove me to camping. Driving and splitting the cost of gas is helping to keep costs down too. There are many ways to work the logistics for coachella but if you’re flying and renting a room its going to be expensive. I just tapped into my "starving college student mentality" and the final costs were relatively low.

rage patton
03-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh no... not this again! Haha, actually I found it quite amuzing earlier.

scoop49er
03-04-2007, 12:06 AM
yeah that was a big whiner rant but i feel for ya. its like this.. if you cant afford it dont go. i use to bitch and moan sometimes too but one time i heard kiss at a news conference once and i always remembered what paul stanley said and although im not a big kiss fan it made sense. he said that basically its entertainment and how can they justify ticket prices? easy, look at prime seats for a sporting event, or a huge event. for us this is liking shelling out money for somehing that comes out once a year. example, a all star game, the super bowl, world series, ncaa tourney etc. the prices of those are insane so for 3 full days fo music, you get what u pay for. for me its gonna run us 2000 to fly down, rent a car, rent a room, tickets and spending money. and you know what? its a vacation and im looking forward to it big time. trust me, id love to go to lollapalooza in chicago...... cant afford it... id love to go to bonnaroo... cant afford it. this is my event so a little advice.. save up and plan.. good luck 2 u :)

Mythos
03-04-2007, 12:16 AM
coachella ticket: $300
gas for the car ride down from santa cruz: $60
food for the weekend: $100
climbing to the roof of one of the nicer hotels in Indio and sleeping there for free, to wake up at 7 am in scorching heat but cool off by using their pool and waterslide area all day till the festival: priceless

Same plan this year I think..

Seriously, where there's a will there's a way. Quit being such pussies and be thrifty. You can save money and have fun adventures.

bumper31
03-04-2007, 03:21 AM
You could try Identity Theft.....it work for the scum that used my name and address to get loads of credit cards, loans and Littlewoods catalogue clothes

Hey crime pays <shrugs>

jimmycrackcorn
03-04-2007, 07:29 AM
hey ashtray you could join the rest of the people trying to subsidize their coachella trips and sublet your room... get some more people to go in on it w/you and cut the cost in 1/2 or even into 1/4?...

RADIOFACE
03-04-2007, 07:43 AM
do you want some cheese with your wine? If you cant afford it dont go. If it was cheap eveyone would go. If you dont want to pay $300 a night buy a camping ticket before they sell out or make plans earlier. Maybe if you werent to busy spending all your money on cocaine you would have extra money and not have to sell yourself on the corner to go to coachella. People like yourself shouldnt even be at a music festival. You cry because it is hot and it costs money, mommy mommy im hot its to expensive here?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why are there so many poeple waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Stupid braud

jimmycrackcorn
03-04-2007, 07:54 AM
do you want some cheese with your wine? If you cant afford it dont go. Maybe if you werent to busy spending all your money on cocaine you would have extra money and not have to sell yourself on the corner to go to coachella. Stupid braud

WHOA you got cocaine ash? you can crash on my floor in that case...

caljona
03-04-2007, 08:11 AM
wtf costs $3000 are u renting a limo?
its not supposed to be that comfortable its a music festival not a trip to hawaii, suck it up and sleep in a tent for 3 days, it'll be more fun that hanging out by yourself in a hotel neway

MiamiNate
03-04-2007, 08:23 AM
we booked our room at extended stay near the palm springs airport in november for like 50 bucks a night. we got plane tickets at the same time from MIA to LAX on American Airlines for 208 with tax, direct and roundtrip. we got a rental car for like 30 a day then too. granted, this was waaay before a lineup was announced, but in denember they start raising the prices for hotel rooms.
get on that shit early.

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Try booking a room in Palm Springs for less than $300/night. There are two lesbian resorts (clothing optional), and a few gay/lesbian resorts (clothed only) that have rooms. No one has to know you are str8. Go for it girl!

For the guys, there are also rooms availbable at men's resorts or the mixed gay/lesbian ones in Palm Spings & Cathedral City. At least one male resort offers tent space at $35/night for 2 people.

All together - there are nearly 40 gay, lesbian, and gay/lesbian resorts. Most have rooms available.

There are also clothing optional srt8 resorts too. I don't know much about them. But I am sure they have rooms too.

oh i have no problem with the gay resorts, but my boyfriend will be with me. i thought about it but i'm afraid we'll be scorned for being a m/f couple... even though both of us are bi and couldn't care less about naked people walking around. as far as the straight places go... is anyone there younger? i don't want to irritate everyone by being young and then not participating in nudeness on top of that. it kind of screams "i just need a place to stay".

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 10:07 AM
wtf costs $3000 are u renting a limo?
its not supposed to be that comfortable its a music festival not a trip to hawaii, suck it up and sleep in a tent for 3 days, it'll be more fun that hanging out by yourself in a hotel neway

i'll be with my boyfriend. 2 people coming from florida EASILY =s 3000

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 10:09 AM
yeah that was a big whiner rant but i feel for ya. its like this.. if you cant afford it dont go. i use to bitch and moan sometimes too but one time i heard kiss at a news conference once and i always remembered what paul stanley said and although im not a big kiss fan it made sense. he said that basically its entertainment and how can they justify ticket prices? easy, look at prime seats for a sporting event, or a huge event. for us this is liking shelling out money for somehing that comes out once a year. example, a all star game, the super bowl, world series, ncaa tourney etc. the prices of those are insane so for 3 full days fo music, you get what u pay for. for me its gonna run us 2000 to fly down, rent a car, rent a room, tickets and spending money. and you know what? its a vacation and im looking forward to it big time. trust me, id love to go to lollapalooza in chicago...... cant afford it... id love to go to bonnaroo... cant afford it. this is my event so a little advice.. save up and plan.. good luck 2 u :)

"if you can't afford it don't go" is why i haven't been and i've missed some of the best concerts because of that.

which is the whole point of my "rant". although, i'm in a better mood today and feel silly for posting it in the first place.

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 10:11 AM
we booked our room at extended stay near the palm springs airport in november for like 50 bucks a night. we got plane tickets at the same time from MIA to LAX on American Airlines for 208 with tax, direct and roundtrip. we got a rental car for like 30 a day then too. granted, this was waaay before a lineup was announced, but in denember they start raising the prices for hotel rooms.
get on that shit early.

didn't know i was even going to be NEAR able to afford it till the day before the tickets went on sale. i unexpectedly found myself with the cash for the tickets.

faxman75
03-04-2007, 10:27 AM

as i've posted before, my room is an hour away from the festival. this is because i "only" booked 2.5 months in advance and (more importantly) because i can not afford 300 dollars a night for 4 nights. i know how business works and i understand supply and demand, but it's pretty fucking sad that coachella has become something only rich people can afford to do comfortably. those of us who live outside of california have to spend a fortune to get there. sure, i could camp i suppose. then i'd have to shell out money for a tent/supplies and fucking die of heat exhaustion and no sleep every day. i've done that at a festival before (not coachella) and it was one of the most horrible times i've ever had. i just spent 30 minutes going through "offers" people were giving me for rooms. rooms that would normaly cost 60 bucks a night are now 300. literaly. people are renting out their fucking spare room for 300 dollars a night. even if i COULD afford that i wouldn't pay it. it's fucking ridiculous. as it is (staying an hour away) this trip is costing me a grand total of 3000.00 that might not sound like a lot to you, but it sure as hell is to me. i've wanted to go to coachella since the first one and i could never afford it. now i'm going and i realize why i didn't in the past. it is -breaking- me. i know this post will get a lot of "boohoo/whatever" replies, but i also know a lot of people out there are in the same boat as me. i feel taken advantage of and ripped off. by ticketbastard, by hotels, by airlines, and probably by vendors once i get there. when did being a fan of live music start meaning you had to be loaded?

There's been a thread on here offereing space for $100 a night. Only 5 minutes from the venue. All the time you spent typing this up you could have been looking for it.

Hell, here's one for $70 you have 2 months to get to k now eachother.
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4207

How about this one?

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3546

Any, you gave up to quick, you could have tried craigslist and kept a close eye on this place.

This rant wouldn't be so bad if we didn't hear about you finding hour hotel room an hour a way over a week ago.

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 11:29 AM
do you want some cheese with your wine? If you cant afford it dont go. If it was cheap eveyone would go. If you dont want to pay $300 a night buy a camping ticket before they sell out or make plans earlier. Maybe if you werent to busy spending all your money on cocaine you would have extra money and not have to sell yourself on the corner to go to coachella. People like yourself shouldnt even be at a music festival. You cry because it is hot and it costs money, mommy mommy im hot its to expensive here?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why are there so many poeple waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Stupid braud

informative, thanx!

and no... i don't do cocaine. i have no money because i worked for the public school district in florida for too long.

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 11:31 AM
and to the "you can find a space for 70-whatever" remarks...

i'm not spending my nights sleeping with 5 strangers. it's just not wise.

also, people complain sometimes. big deal. if you don't like it don't read it. you had fair warning at the very start of the post. i don't really feel like defending it cept to say that i still think people are being ridiculous with price gouging. you all whine about ticketmaster charging "service fees" and other hidden costs associate with purchasing tickets, not to mention scalping, but i get flack for bitching about there not being a cap on the % increase in room rates?

it all boils down to people charging more than is fair because SOMEONE will pay it. same with ticketbastard, same with scalpers, and same with hotels.

RADIOFACE
03-04-2007, 12:16 PM
why are you such a winey bitch?

gaypalmsprings
03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
oh i have no problem with the gay resorts, but my boyfriend will be with me. i thought about it but i'm afraid we'll be scorned for being a m/f couple... even though both of us are bi and couldn't care less about naked people walking around. as far as the straight places go... is anyone there younger? i don't want to irritate everyone by being young and then not participating in nudeness on top of that. it kind of screams "i just need a place to stay".

You can easily stay at a clothed gay/lesbian one with no problems. There are no nudist resorts for gays & lesbians at the same resort. All ages come to Palm Springs - generally older, but all are welcome.

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 12:33 PM

because of your mom

captncrzy
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM

Why are you such an asshole?

RADIOFACE
03-04-2007, 12:56 PM
did your cocaine hook up go awol right before tickets sold out, then you realized you would have surplus of extra cash?

fatboy192
03-04-2007, 03:23 PM
coachella ticket: $300
gas for the car ride down from santa cruz: $60
food for the weekend: $100
climbing to the roof of one of the nicer hotels in Indio and sleeping there for free, to wake up at 7 am in scorching heat but cool off by using their pool and waterslide area all day till the festival: priceless

Same plan this year I think..

Seriously, where there's a will there's a way. Quit being such pussies and be thrifty. You can save money and have fun adventures.

lol,, do you work for mastercard by any chance!!!!

fatboy192
03-04-2007, 03:28 PM

how the fuck is it costing you 3000?? im coming from scotland staying in la for 18 days and going to the festival and it's costing me about half of that,
i think you need to cut down on the little drug habbit you must have there,
i also hear that being a pimp pays well have you thought about that??

faxman75
03-04-2007, 05:39 PM
and to the "you can find a space for 70-whatever" remarks...

i'm not spending my nights sleeping with 5 strangers. it's just not wise.

Well then you are just plain retarded. It shouldn't cost anyon 3K. You aren't going to sleep in a house with strangers but you'll hang out with 50,000 of the same type for three days? You aren't making much sense, it's been clearly proven that you chose to spend the 3 grand instead of finding ways to be frugal. You have months to get to know people before hand. It's a festival in the middle of the damn desert and you are complaining about finding a hotel an hour away when you waited til' mid february.

also, people complain sometimes. big deal. if you don't like it don't read it. you had fair warning at the very start of the post. i don't really feel like defending it cept to say that i still think people are being ridiculous with price gouging. you all whine about ticketmaster charging "service fees" and other hidden costs associate with purchasing tickets, not to mention scalping, but i get flack for bitching about there not being a cap on the % increase in room rates?

Yes, you get shit for it because you could have avoided the whole thing. Anyone who spent 3 thousand dollars and lives in the states has no idea what they are doing.

it all boils down to people charging more than is fair because SOMEONE will pay it. same with ticketbastard, same with scalpers, and same with hotels.

There is no correclation between the profits that ticketmaster makes, scalpers make and hotels make.

I am doing this trip for what looks like about $600 total including gas to and from the venue. I really can't see how anyone should be spending over $1500 for 1 person and your ass found a way to double the cost. Fuckin' scary!

If you are bitching about ticketmaster, the scalpers and hotels you really shouldn't be going to a fest to begin with.

faxman75
03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
I really can't get over that 3 thousand. Show us how you reached that number.

I mean a ticket from anywhere in the states to LA = $500 max, tickets to the fest $300, Hotel at say $450 for three nights, rental car $150 maybe? Spending cash for three days $300.

I went way high on that stuff and thats like $1650.

What are you spending on?

C DUB YA
03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
hotel now is about 450 per night.

but yeah that 3 grand number is high

faxman75
03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Except she posted this when she booked her room...

i can always cancel my reservations at no charge and switch to a closer hotel if a room becomes available.............

but somehow i don't see that happening. esp. not for 109 dollars a night like the room i have now.

KiwiCoachella
03-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Well then you are just plain retarded. It shouldn't cost anyon 3K. You aren't going to sleep in a house with strangers but you'll hang out with 50,000 of the same type for three days? You aren't making much sense, it's been clearly proven that you chose to spend the 3 grand instead of finding ways to be frugal. You have months to get to know people before hand. It's a festival in the middle of the damn desert and you are complaining about finding a hotel an hour away when you waited til' mid february.

Yes, you get shit for it because you could have avoided the whole thing. Anyone who spent 3 thousand dollars and lives in the states has no idea what they are doing.

There is no correclation between the profits that ticketmaster makes, scalpers make and hotels make.

I am doing this trip for what looks like about $600 total including gas to and from the venue. I really can't see how anyone should be spending over $1500 for 1 person and your ass found a way to double the cost. Fuckin' scary!

If you are bitching about ticketmaster, the scalpers and hotels you really shouldn't be going to a fest to begin with.

http://www.orlyowl.com/osnap.jpg

DeltaSigChi4
03-04-2007, 06:33 PM
I mean a ticket from anywhere in the states to LA = $500 max

On horseback???

E

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 06:41 PM
to the "it shouldn't cost anyone 3 k"

for the 10th time......

there are two of us coming from florida. it'll be about 1500 each when all is said and done including tickets/air/hotel/car and a small budget for food/etc.

i don't understand why everyone thinks that sounds "outrageous".

C DUB YA
03-04-2007, 06:42 PM
its about 1700 for us from Ohio and we have PLENTY of spending money.

faxman75
03-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Well then you shouldn't say it's costing "you" 3thousand, which is what you said. It's costing two people a total of three grand, so it's costing you 1500.

You teach kids?

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I really can't get over that 3 thousand. Show us how you reached that number.

I mean a ticket from anywhere in the states to LA = $500 max, tickets to the fest $300, Hotel at say $450 for three nights, rental car $150 maybe? Spending cash for three days $300.

I went way high on that stuff and thats like $1650.

What are you spending on?

AGAIN. BECAUSE IT'S FOR TWO PEOPLE.

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Well then you shouldn't say it's costing "you" 3thousand, which is what you said. It's costing two people a total of three grand, so it's costing you 1500.

You teach kids?

i explained that there were two of us multiple times in multiple threads.

also, 1500 each is STILL a lot of money and it isn't as if we're paying "seperately" all of our bills and expenses are together as is all of our money.

and fuck you with the "you teach kids" comment. you know nothing about my capabilities.

KenMixtape
03-04-2007, 07:07 PM
I doubt the gay clothing optional places would let in a M/F couple. the gay tweakers there would probably scatter like roaches if they saw a female.

But it's great being a gay Coachella fan, I got a room at one of those clothing optional places for $150 a nite.

faxman75
03-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I know what you said in the original post. You said YOU spent $3000.

Again, you both chose to spend that much. A perferctly good condo, 5 minutes from the venue specifcially looking for couples and you passed.

I just don't see the point of continuing to go on and on about where you are staying and how much you are spending. Just about every other festival is cheeper but you chose Coachella. You have wanted to go since the very first one but you wait til' mid February to book your trip.

You just seem miserable and you shouldn't go. You should save the money so you dont' have to bitch about it over and over again. :)

smilingdownward
03-04-2007, 07:11 PM
go to http://www.ps4rent.com/search_static.htm

there are rental homes for a total of 677$-1000$

it dosnt say how close it is to the venue, but its worth looking into

faxman75
03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Ewwww are you crazy, they aren't going to sleep in some house that they don't even know anything about. My god you are insane!!

I'm a happy camper! Total cost for lodging $45 for 4 nights, a 3 minute walk from the entrance of the event.

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I know what you said in the original post. You said YOU spent $3000.

Again, you both chose to spend that much. A perferctly good condo, 5 minutes from the venue specifcially looking for couples and you passed.

I just don't see the point of continuing to go on and on about where you are staying and how much you are spending. Just about every other festival is cheeper but you chose Coachella. You have wanted to go since the very first one but you wait til' mid February to book your trip.

You just seem miserable and you shouldn't go. You should save the money so you dont' have to bitch about it over and over again. :)

i wasn't bitching about it "over and over again" i made ONE post about my hotel being an hour away and it was lighthearted and not bitching. i made ONE actual "bitching" post (this one)

cut me a fucking break. you people are -way- to easily excited into attacking someone.

gaypalmsprings
03-04-2007, 07:24 PM
I doubt the gay clothing optional places would let in a M/F couple. the gay tweakers there would probably scatter like roaches if they saw a female.

But it's great being a gay Coachella fan, I got a room at one of those clothing optional places for $150 a nite.

I said the str8 clothing optional ones & the gay/lesbian clothed ones.

luke79
03-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Just camp already.

Mythos
03-04-2007, 11:19 PM
couchsurfing.com

Go to girlscouts! Anyone can travel without spending that much money. You just have to be resourceful and be willing to make some sacrifices. If you're going to be picky than expect to be paying what you're paying and take some responsibility!

RADIOFACE
03-05-2007, 03:10 AM
couchsurfing.com

Go to girlscouts! Anyone can travel without spending that much money. You just have to be resourceful and be willing to make some sacrifices. If you're going to be picky than expect to be paying what you're paying and take some responsibility!

aSHTRAY GIRL needs to go to re hab before they let her in girlscouts

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Coachsurfing doesn't have anyone besides one lone guy from Indio listed on there.

I've said this countless times in countless threads.

With that being said, I was in the process of setting up an account, and anyone desiring to come out to Vegas and stay close to strip minus any of the strip prices for their stay, hit me up.

E

Gongshow
03-05-2007, 04:38 AM
THEN DON'T GO!

faxman75
03-05-2007, 05:47 AM
That's not a feasable option, it's a much better idea to bitch at the hotel chains, golden voice, the airlines, the hotels, the rental car industry, ticketmaster and each band that signed a contract.

At the end of the day if we all complain I bet they won't make us go to this stupid fest anymore.

JClemy
03-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't think anyone would say that Tickemaster gouges. Ticketmaster charges so many different extra fees because of their monopoly. We're going to Coachella with 4 of us for $1500 each and we're going to San Diego, Anaheim, San Fran and Seattle on the way home. You can do things cheaper(ie. we're camping and driving) but ashtray is just complaining she didn't. Who cares. She wanted to rant and got some good information. Gaypalmsprings has been helpful for all people looking for rooms. Stop with the attacking. If your that quick to attack maybe you should just chill out.

lmwhitter
03-05-2007, 11:39 AM
You are one funny chic!!! I offered you to share a nice, NICE condo, at a nice NICE resort for $50 bucks a nite!!!! I even threw in breakfast and lunch!!!! And now you whine!!!! I hope your sun block bunks out on you at the show and you blister all over and turn lobster red .... and we all get to hear you whine about that too!!! I will be enjoying the show and resting in my nice, NICE resort!!! p.s.: some of us are grateful to have jobs and learned to budget our monies.

scoop49er
03-05-2007, 11:48 AM
i spend 2000.00 cuz i choose to. im 36 now and have done plenty of going to festivals living on a sweet bag of weed, 20 bucks in my pocket and slumming it. ive done it and although there are some priceless memories, ive earned my stripes so u other fuckers can rough it now and carry the torch. ill be in my air conditioned room at 3am sipping on a bud light watching late night informercials.. (set it and forget it!) lol.

captncrzy
03-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Gawd, you guys are being a-holes.

My perception is that she's pissed off about the price gouging for hotel rooms-as we should all be. Some were lucky (or smart) enough to book early or to get camping tickets and some were not. The pricing is still ridiculous for some of that stuff.

In any case, it's a lesson learned-book early and avoid the $300/night hotel room.

faxman75
03-05-2007, 01:05 PM
My perception is that she's pissed off about the price gouging for hotel rooms-as we should all be.

Why? It's done like this everywhere. It's done with ariline tickets during peak seasons, Vegas hotels, resorts, cruises have their season, how is this any different?

Some were lucky (or smart) enough to book early or to get camping tickets and some were not.

THere was no luck involved, she clearly stated she didn't have any interest in camping or even sharing with anyone. She eliminated every single option of an afordable trip and then figured she had the right to complain about it. She set herself up for misery and then posted about it on a message board and didn't like the reaction.

The pricing is still ridiculous for some of that stuff.

Like what? What price is ridiculous?

In any case, it's a lesson learned-book early and avoid the $300/night hotel room.

That's the other think she's only paying like $110 a night or something, she's bitching about the distance. There are hotel rooms available much closer if for less than $200 a night if you don't wait til mid February.

captncrzy
03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Why? It's done like this everywhere. It's done with ariline tickets during peak seasons, Vegas hotels, resorts, cruises have their season, how is this any different?

Doesn't mean you have to be happy about it. Just sayin...

THere was no luck involved, she clearly stated she didn't have any interest in camping or even sharing with anyone. She eliminated every single option of an afordable trip and then figured she had the right to complain about it. She set herself up for misery and then posted about it on a message board and didn't like the reaction.

Yeah, she does have the right to complain about it. It's a message board. Don't you feel you have the right to complain about things?

Like what? What price is ridiculous?

I don't remember where I was going with that statement. My boss snuck up on me and I dropped the thought. He needs bells on his shoes, I swear.

That's the other think she's only paying like $110 a night or something, she's bitching about the distance. There are hotel rooms available much closer if for less than $200 a night if you don't wait til mid February.

I didn't see any bitching about distance in her initial post, but I didn't analyze it word for word. I simply think she was just commenting on how it sucks that corporations do a 400% markup on their prices. Which of course, it does.
But i digress....Carrie is on...

jimmycrackcorn
03-05-2007, 07:44 PM
wow for a while there i had an adrenaline rush reading and posting in this thread... the feeling must be like what RIOTERS or LOOTERS feel... you know like a mob mentality... like a pack of dogs or or sharks yeah thats it! "blood in the water" wheeww now i am coming down....... man we HAD that chick.. OWNED her outright... ^5's all around...
nah i'm kidding, hey ASH i know you are going to have a good time out @coachella and won't give a F@#$ about the money once you are there and having a good time + when you finally make it back to your room and sleep in that nice hotel bed it'll ALL be worth it...

ashtraygrl
03-05-2007, 09:26 PM
thanx for those of you who refrained from .... whatever the hell all of that was. in response to the "why should we be pissed about hotel price gouging/they do it everywhere"....

just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right. scalping tickets is not legal, but it used to be. does that mean that when it was legal it was ok? i think there should be a cap on the percentage increase of rooms. i don't think that's an unfair request. i'm not the first person to bring it up. people have been saying that for years. i understand charging more when there is a higher demand for the lodging, there should just be a limit. there are increase caps on many other non essential products, so it's not as if it's a far fetched idea. it -is- my first year going and i didn't expect hotels to sell out and/or raise prices to THAT extent within the first week of ticket availability. i agree, it's a "lesson learned", but i still think something isn't right about it.

oh and... i expected the "bohoo" comments, which is why i said (in the op) that i knew there would be some. what -is- kind of retarded though, is for people to assume that i had any complaints about coachella itself or the event coordinators.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Re-selling tickets is legal, babe.

E

ToddThaGod
03-05-2007, 10:33 PM
dont listen to delta. hes a scalper

faxman75
03-06-2007, 06:28 AM
just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right.

Oh, so this is a moral issue? Ahahahaha Yes it is immoral for all the industries to charge a higher fee during peak periods. Jesus what the hell is wrong with people?

scalping tickets is not legal, but it used to be. does that mean that when it was legal it was ok?

You clearly have no idea about what is legal and what is not. Scalping is 100% legal here in Arizona and California and many other states. You should quit while you are ahead.

i think there should be a cap on the percentage increase of rooms. i don't think that's an unfair request. i'm not the first person to bring it up. people have been saying that for years. i understand charging more when there is a higher demand for the lodging, there should just be a limit. there are increase caps on many other non essential products, so it's not as if it's a far fetched idea. it -is- my first year going and i didn't expect hotels to sell out and/or raise prices to THAT extent within the first week of ticket availability. i agree, it's a "lesson learned", but i still think something isn't right about it.

A cap? Then you need to put your energy in the right place for this and start lobbying the government to regulate the hotel industry since they are forcing you stay at these high priced hotels during peak seasons. How dare they! I bet they knew you wouldn't want to
a) rent a house
b)camp
c)share a house or hotel
d)stay a further away

Yep, they knew they left you with no options.

oh and... i expected the "bohoo" comments, which is why i said (in the op) that i knew there would be some. what -is- kind of retarded though, is for people to assume that i had any complaints about coachella itself or the event coordinators.

Yeah, I mean why have any legitimate gripes like maybe the 300 dollar ticket price which is probably the highest among the festivals.

You just bitched about everything that will never be changed instead of the one the thing that might be a little high.

All I know is i'll be there and having a blast camping for a total of $45.

ashtraygrl
03-06-2007, 06:54 AM
faxman: please go outside.

ashtraygrl
03-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Re-selling tickets is legal, babe.

E

not for more than face value it isn't. at least not here.

André
03-06-2007, 07:05 AM

how the hell can is cost you 3000$, it only going to cost me like 1500$ and i am coming all the way from denmark?????

faxman75
03-06-2007, 07:15 AM

We aren't talking about Florida.

faxman75
03-06-2007, 07:16 AM
how the hell can is cost you 3000$, it only going to cost me like 1500$ and i am coming all the way from denmark?????

She isn't one of the more intelligent americans. It's ok Andre, maybe you can teach her how you did it?

faxman75
03-06-2007, 07:22 AM

WRONG, EVEN IN YOUR STATE IT IS NOW LEGAL!

Gov. Jeb Bush signed the legislation into law June 7, 2006making Florida one of 35 states to legalize scalping.

amyzzz
03-06-2007, 10:55 AM
It sounds like she wants a lot of comfort and security with her Coachella experience. Unfortunately, that's gonna cost ya.

lmwhitter
03-06-2007, 11:20 AM
She isn't one of the more intelligent americans. It's ok Andre, maybe you can teach her how you did it?

ohhh, burn Ashgirl, ashtray, asheducator of the future masses.....

lmwhitter
03-06-2007, 11:22 AM
WRONG, EVEN IN YOUR STATE IT IS NOW LEGAL!

Gov. Jeb Bush signed the legislation into law June 7, 2006making Florida one of 35 states to legalize scalping.

OHHH, DOUBLE BURN ASHGIRL!!!! Faxman you are a well informed, intelligent brute!! Kudos to you!! carry on... this is the funnest of all threads....

ashtraygrl
03-06-2007, 12:34 PM
faxman........... wtf is wrong with you? the point i was making is still exactly the same. when did you decide to dedicate all of your time to this thread?

jesus christ man.

and to the comments about my level of education... you people have no clue.

i was making a POINT by saying that something being legal does not make it right. up till this year (apparently) scalping was NOT legal in my state. excuse me for not doing a fucking research paper on the status of scalping in each state. it was a factor in the point being made.

actualy, the fact that it is legal in some states makes it for an even better arguement. pretty much everyone on here bitches that scalping is wrong, so do they think it's only wrong in the states in which it is not legal?

i think not.

at any rate, there was no reason for this thread to turn into a personal attack. if i had a few hours to waste i could go back through the posts in your profile (faxman) and find the retarded shit i remember you posting, but........... wtf is the point?

CaliMag
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Ashtray girl - you may be aware by the purile sense of humor on this site that the typical coachella attendee is a spoiled brat from the upper incomes of America. Even the foreigners that show up are usually well off. This is the targeted demographic for this festival - young people with large disposable incomes.
You'll find little sympathy here.

(This is now a cue for those of you who think you're poor to complain.)

faxman75
03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
faxman........... wtf is wrong with you? the point i was making is still exactly the same. when did you decide to dedicate all of your time to this thread?

Since I quit my job and had nothing better to do than obsess about Coachella.

jesus christ man.

Yes, it's beginning to look that way. I watched the Discovery special and I believe we are all jews now because Christ never rose from the dead.

and to the comments about my level of education... you people have no clue.

i was making a POINT by saying that something being legal does not make it right. up till this year (apparently) scalping was NOT legal in my state. excuse me for not doing a fucking research paper on the status of scalping in each state. it was a factor in the point being made.

See that's why it might have been a good idea to do research on scalping before posting about it. You sounded uneducated. In the arena of scalping at the very least.

actualy, the fact that it is legal in some states makes it for an even better arguement. pretty much everyone on here bitches that scalping is wrong, so do they think it's only wrong in the states in which it is not legal?

Depends on who you talk to. I think the people have spoken and don't want the police wasting their time looking for people who say "who needs two" when you can get a license and sell tickets for whatever price you want in most states and be considered a reputable business. Legalizing scalpers actually brings down the overinflated prices that agencies charge. It's not illegal so therefor it is ok. So when you say it's wrong i'm not sure what you mean by that? Morally? Well that's an idividual preference. For the record it's legal in 35 states and i'm more than ok with that.

at any rate, there was no reason for this thread to turn into a personal attack. if i had a few hours to waste i could go back through the posts in your profile (faxman) and find the retarded shit i remember you posting, but........... wtf is the point?

I dunno, you're the one contemplating looking up all my retarded posts. I stand be each and every retarded post I make. You have the right to debate them or ignore them.

It's called an internet message board! Everyone posts their opinion. Duh.

faxman75
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
(This is now a cue for those of you who think you're poor to complain.)

I make 28000 a year and currently support 2 kids, 3 dogs my fiance, have 2 cars and the fact that she is jobless has not stopped me from going to Vegas next week and Coachella next month!!!

Talk about morals baby!! ahahaha We are in DEBT!!! It's the american way and I love it!!!

DeltaSigChi4
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I hope you get shot on Tropicana next week.

E

faxman75
03-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Why would you say that? How did you know I was staying near there? That's fucking evil man. Do you want to come with me to see Lewis Black?

faxman75
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Why don't you like me Delta?

ediger
03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I have no sympathy for people who shell out the cash and then bitch about it. Yeah, it sucks that you can't afford to do everything you want, but if you can't afford it, DONT FUCKING DO IT! I'm sure you can still afford to do plenty of stuff that other people are at home during, thinking to themselves "I wish I had the cash..." Bottom line is, you're going, just enjoy it and don't be such a selfish bitch.

CaliMag
03-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I make 28000 a year and currently support 2 kids, 3 dogs my fiance, have 2 cars and the fact that she is jobless has not stopped me from going to Vegas next week and Coachella next month!!!

Talk about morals baby!! ahahaha We are in DEBT!!! It's the american way and I love it!!!

I feel sorry for your kids.

I hope you *somehow* gain some meaningful values and maybe even manners.

rage patton
03-06-2007, 03:54 PM
As of right now... I dont have enough money to get down to Cali and back up to Vancouver.
But Im not complaining haha!
Im going and all my friends who were worried about money are gonna be at home, sitting on thier couches.
Now getting back is another story...

DeltaSigChi4
03-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I said it because there was a shooting there last night.

And because you are relentless going after ashgirl when there are so many other on this board that you can go after. It seems that you just settled on attacking her incessantly this week though.

E

DeltaSigChi4
03-06-2007, 04:58 PM
And which day are you going to Lewis Black? I only have one on my calendar, but I never bothered to grab tickets.

E

faxman75
03-06-2007, 06:54 PM
I think i've settled on the Saturday night show.

faxman75
03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I feel sorry for your kids.

I hope you *somehow* gain some meaningful values and maybe even manners.

Don't feel sorry for them, if you have sympathy you should pony up and maybe buy our groceries next month.

DeltaSigChi4
03-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Well have you got your tickets or what?

My calender says Thursday.

Must be his first day, or more yet the only date originally scheduled.

I usually add all dates of an act I desire not to miss. I missed him in Honolulu once already.

E

faxman75
03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah one of our party got tickets. He's playing the 15th - 21st.