PDA

View Full Version : Daft Punk...Not at Coachella but Playing US

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39

superfiction
05-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Can anyone find any differences in the various live sets ?

Or was it all 1 big recording that we all just danced to with two robots?

yes. as theyve said a thousand times. the songs are the same. its the little tweaks that are different.

although the set grows a bit as time went on after coachella until australia.

does anyone have a boot of any of the aussie shows btw?

deftonepuma
05-22-2008, 02:02 AM
I like "everybody back in the spaceship." That line kills me for some reason.

Just had to say...real real good.

IdiotequeThom
05-28-2008, 09:18 AM
http://http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/daft-punk-recording-new-music-paris-studio/

DAFT PUNK IN RECORDING NEW MATERIAL!!!!

fikus222
05-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Good news !!!

This link works:

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/daft-punk-working-on-new-album/18966/

BlackSwan
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
good riddance to Busy P, he can eat a dick, and i bet he does, on a regular basis.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-28-2008, 10:58 AM
could this be our 1st 2009 confirmation? let the rumors begin....

BROKENDOLL
05-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah well, you guys can't pat for shit either. %$#@&, Randy! I even gave you a pat on the back for it! Fuck, I knew I shoulda just kicked your ass instead!

CalmerThanYou
05-28-2008, 12:26 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1212/899283558_b8da8d90df.jpg

FUCK

http://static.flickr.com/110/271454221_a0e4fef544.jpg

YES!!!!!!

BlackSwan
05-28-2008, 12:37 PM

no way, i have a feeling it won't be out for a while. but who knows maybe they will be motivated by the big $$$. that wouldn't necessarily be a good thing tho.

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-28-2008, 12:45 PM
FUCK YEAH BITCHES! :)

HunterGather
05-28-2008, 12:50 PM
yay

HunterGather
05-28-2008, 12:52 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk152/chriskirkman/gifs/electroma1small.gif

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-28-2008, 01:01 PM
If Daft Punk aren't at the 10th year Coachella...then I might be disappointed....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I think the 10 year anniversary is going to be bigger than Daft Punk.

So...David Bowie in a Pyramid with Radiohead as the backing band?

brando4n82
05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

Definitely wont be at Coachella in 2009, and Kingsblend is right, 10th anniversary is going to be much bigger than Daft Punk.

This just means that we may in fact get new DP during this decade, but I'm not hoping for 2009, that'd just be TOO GOOD. 2010 sounds nice. first quarter of 2010. And hopefully they can crank out a tour by 2011

CalmerThanYou
05-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Like Jack Johnson will play at noon.............in the parking lot.

LOL. Just picturing this made my day.

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD!!!

sddoctor
05-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Perhaps the new disc will be out next summer, but I'm placing my bets that Goldenvoice will lure the robots out of hiding for a mainstage gig at Coachella. If anything I think Daft Punk owes a bit to Coachella for the huge resurgence in Daft Punk popularity. Their live show will be nothing short of Amazing. I can't wait to hear the new sounds.

superfiction
05-28-2008, 11:13 PM
If anything I think Daft Punk owes a bit to Coachella for the huge resurgence in Daft Punk popularity. .

please SHUT THE FUCK UP

they coulda done the pyrmaid anywhere and everyone woulda thought it was just as cool. we just think its extra cool cuz we love coachella too. they dont owe coachella shit.

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 12:22 AM
LONG LIVE THIS THREAD!!!

lol, have you even read this whole thread, noob? :P

please SHUT THE FUCK UP

they coulda done the pyrmaid anywhere and everyone woulda thought it was just as cool. we just think its extra cool cuz we love coachella too. they dont owe coachella shit.

i dont know, you might be right, but i dont know if anybody would have payed them the amount that coachella did, which is what made the pyramid possible...especially since they had been MIA for so long, who knows how good they would be...it was a big gamble that paid off big time.

boarderwoozel3
05-29-2008, 12:30 AM
please SHUT THE FUCK UP

Its a give and take. Daft punk gets a huge stage and Coachella's reputation strengthens. They both win.

GnarVee
05-29-2008, 02:42 AM

OHHHHHHH........didn't even think about that.....

I like your style...

thelastgreatman
05-29-2008, 03:07 AM
please SHUT THE FUCK UP

Um... wasn't Paul's persistent urging and large financial contribution kinda an important part of it ever fucking happening in the first place? I don't think you're in any place to judge to what degree they hypothetically may have done it anyway if things had gone completely differently than they did, 'cause there's absolutely no fucking way to know. If they didn't feel at least a little loyalty and gratitude to Paul I'd say they're twats.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Didn't Goldenvoice also finance the Alive US 07 tour?

CalmerThanYou
05-29-2008, 10:02 AM
lol, have you even read this whole thread, noob? :P

Easy whore...i was lurking on this thread from the get go. It was actually this thread that made me become a member.

shaggyduck
05-29-2008, 10:21 AM
i dont know, you might be right, but i dont know if anybody would have payed them the amount that coachella did, which is what made the pyramid possible...especially since they had been MIA for so long, who knows how good they would be...it was a big gamble that paid off big time.

How much DID Golden Voice pay them? Where do you find that information?

menikmati
05-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Daft used the money they were paid to appear and play at Coachella, to build their pyramid and light/video show. And wasn't the amount around 400-450k? I remember hearing that figure tossed around before.

superfiction
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Didn't Goldenvoice also finance the Alive US 07 tour?

they were they promoted the west coast dates i think. dani would know more about that than me.

Um... wasn't Paul's persistent urging and large financial contribution kinda an important part of it ever fucking happening in the first place? I don't think you're in any place to judge to what degree they hypothetically may have done it anyway if things had gone completely differently than they did, 'cause there's absolutely no fucking way to know. If they didn't feel at least a little loyalty and gratitude to Paul I'd say they're twats.

just because they enjoy the festival and working with goldenvoice doesnt mean the feel like they owe them anything. i cant speak for daft but i guarantee ou its more of a mutual respect from both sides than it is one or the other being like god i owe you for doing this blah blah blah. and even if coachella hadnt paid them all that money. they had 8 other dates planned initially so that would have financed it.

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
from the urb article:

I tried every year since 1999 to get Daft Punk. That was a last-minute fluke, and why our ad was late. I told their manager, ďHereís how it would be. Itís going to be in the dance tent, and itís going to be legendary. Iíll do anything I need to do. Tell me what we need to build. Anything.Ē They put that whole pyramid thing together. But it took a lot of money to get that going. The cynic in you thinks, ďWell, maybe we offered too much money.Ē But I realize what it was. We offered enough for them to make the pyramid, and thatís what it was all about. They spent every single dime on that production. They walked away from that show without a dollar from what we paid them. Thatís true art.

At Coachella we lost our virginity again. What was going to be a few shows turned into more, and there was this tremendous response from the audience.

superfiction
05-29-2008, 01:42 PM
from the urb article:

yes ive read the article

signmeup
05-29-2008, 01:44 PM
they were they promoted the west coast dates i think. dani would know more about that than me.

just because they enjoy the festival and working with goldenvoice doesnt mean the feel like they owe them anything. i cant speak for daft but i guarantee ou its more of a mutual respect from both sides than it is one or the other being like god i owe you for doing this blah blah blah. and even if coachella hadnt paid them all that money. they had 8 other dates planned initially so that would have financed it.

wait, it was originally supposed to be a one off remember? because paul/goldenvoice paid/talked them in to doing it or whatever, and the reaction was so big that they decided to add 7 or 8 more dates, right?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-29-2008, 01:48 PM
for the record. Goldenvoice put up the show at Red Rocks.

brando4n82
05-29-2008, 01:50 PM
They will never be able to escape the expectations of their next tour. they should just tour with a fucking disco ball when the time comes, I could give a shit. IT'll be great no matter what

superfiction
05-29-2008, 01:55 PM
wait, it was originally supposed to be a one off remember? because paul/goldenvoice paid/talked them in to doing it or whatever, and the reaction was so big that they decided to add 7 or 8 more dates, right?

as i said to you online just now. paul T pushed them into doing it yes. but even if he hadnt sooner or later they would have come around. most likely at a french festival or headlining their own show in paris and it would have taken off from there just like it did at coachella

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
as i said to you online just now. paul T pushed them into doing it yes. but even if he hadnt sooner or later they would have come around. most likely at a french festival or headlining their own show in paris and it would have taken off from there just like it did at coachella

for somebody who "cant speak for daft" you sure do a pretty good job of it...

anti-square
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM

Haha! Seriously. Suprefiction, are you their new manager now that Busy P is busy saving uff's career?

shaggyduck
05-29-2008, 06:30 PM
yes ive read the article

Well, I haven't and I was the one asking about it. I'd think it'd be obvious to you that you aren't the only one reading this thread.

Thanks, Sexecutioner. Do you have a link to the original article?

Haha! Seriously. Suprefiction, are you their new manager now that Busy P is busy saving uff's career?

lol, no kidding.

superfiction
05-29-2008, 06:44 PM

how is that speaking for them? ill bet you a trillion dollars eventually they would have wanted to do something in a live setting and knowing them they would have had a very set idea of what they wanted. for instance the pyramid. wow. use your brain. im not saying i know what theyre thinking. but be logical for a second and know that its not like they were hiding. they arent boc. theyre not against performing live. they just hadnt done it because of thomas' hearing issues and when that resolved itself they took advantage of an opportunity proposed to them.

brando4n82
05-29-2008, 07:34 PM
theyre not against performing live. they just hadnt done it because of thomas' hearing issues and when that resolved itself they took advantage of an opportunity proposed to them.

hearing issues? please enlighten me?

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, I haven't and I was the one asking about it. I'd think it'd be obvious to you that you aren't the only one reading this thread.

Thanks, Sexecutioner. Do you have a link to the original article?

no worries, here ya go: best coachella article ever (http://www.urb.com/features/157/HowtheWestWasWon.php?PageId=1)

how is that speaking for them? ill bet you a trillion dollars eventually they would have wanted to do something in a live setting and knowing them they would have had a very set idea of what they wanted. for instance the pyramid. wow. use your brain. im not saying i know what theyre thinking. but be logical for a second and know that its not like they were hiding. they arent boc. theyre not against performing live. they just hadnt done it because of thomas' hearing issues and when that resolved itself they took advantage of an opportunity proposed to them.

dude, im not saying they wouldnt have wanted to tour eventually. im just saying who the fuck knows what would have happened if paul wasnt so amped to get them and help them in every way possible. maybe they still would have had a pyramid. or maybe nobody would have given them as much money to build the pyramid, so they would have had a different, less interesting setup. who knows? i dont. im just saying you should stop talking like you are a fuckin robot, cuz you're not. yes, i know you have hung out with them, and thats cool, but you arent inside their heads, and you cant predict what would have happened in an alternate universe where coachella didnt exist.

hearing issues? please enlighten me?

i dont know the exact story, but i believe the gist of it is that thomas lost a lot of hearing in one of his ears (or maybe both?) and couldnt perform live for fear of going deaf, but then got some kind of special earplugs that act like his monitors and also allow him to communicate with guy-man while rockin the pyramid.

shaggyduck
05-29-2008, 08:19 PM
...but then got some kind of special earplugs that act like his monitors and also allow him to communicate with guy-man while rockin the pyramid.

that sounds so robotically awesome.

superfiction
05-29-2008, 08:41 PM
im just saying you should stop talking like you are a fuckin robot, cuz you're not. yes, i know you have hung out with them, and thats cool, but you arent inside their heads, and you cant predict what would have happened in an alternate universe where coachella didnt exist.

i dont know the exact story, but i believe the gist of it is that thomas lost a lot of hearing in one of his ears (or maybe both?) and couldnt perform live for fear of going deaf, but then got some kind of special earplugs that act like his monitors and also allow him to communicate with guy-man while rockin the pyramid.

i didnt even bring that up. im not saying i know whats inside their heads. but if you hung out with someone, say a random friend of yours a couple of times. and then someone asked you. dude, do you think (random friend of yours) would ever want to start their own buisness?

you wuold probably pause and then based on your interaction you would formulate an opinion and give a response. thats all im doing. im stating my opinion like anyone else on this board. if i have other factors that sway my opinion im sorry.

as for the hearing thing. he didnt lose his hearing. you cant lose your hearing and get it back. (i have noise induced hearing loss. i know.)thomas had tinnitus for a long time which discouraged him to make music or perform it live. after that got better by avoiding noise he eased back into the scene and now is very careful to protect his ears.

asfor the earplugs or whatever. the helmets were designed with noise reduction in mind and they have radios inside so they can talk to eachother

Sexecutioner
05-29-2008, 09:16 PM
i didnt even bring that up. im not saying i know whats inside their heads. but if you hung out with someone, say a random friend of yours a couple of times. and then someone asked you. dude, do you think (random friend of yours) would ever want to start their own buisness?

you wuold probably pause and then based on your interaction you would formulate an opinion and give a response. thats all im doing. im stating my opinion like anyone else on this board. if i have other factors that sway my opinion im sorry.

yea, i know, its all good, but you just state your opinion like its fact. whatever though, we all do that on here. i just think that unless you were involved in deep conversations with them all night each time, hanging with them a couple of times doesnt really give you the kind of knowledge needed to make the assumptions you are. whatever though, i dont really care, and dont want to argue anymore. i agree with you that they probably would have done something pretty cool with or without coachella, but i also think you downplay the role that paul/coachella played in the whole thing a little too much.

as for the hearing thing. he didnt lose his hearing. you cant lose your hearing and get it back. (i have noise induced hearing loss. i know.)thomas had tinnitus for a long time which discouraged him to make music or perform it live. after that got better by avoiding noise he eased back into the scene and now is very careful to protect his ears.

asfor the earplugs or whatever. the helmets were designed with noise reduction in mind and they have radios inside so they can talk to eachother

yea, i said i didnt know the exact story, and figured i was a little off, but had the general idea. and i didnt think he lost part of his hearing and then got it back, i just figured he lost it and its still gone, but is more protective of his ears now. thanks for the clarification though, that makes more sense.

superfiction
05-29-2008, 09:42 PM
ive just asked about a lot of the stuff we talk about on here thats all. im not trying to say that makes me better than anyone. im just trying to share info a lot of the time and then people get all huffy about it.

CalmerThanYou
05-30-2008, 10:44 AM
^ super, dont EVER hesitate to share information. You, more so than anyone on this thread, have brought some incredible facts and knowledge here. Thanks a lot for sharing. I can speak for myself when i say i am super envious of your interactions with them, but at least you are willing to share. If only all of us could be so lucky.

Thanks brother.

I am so happy to see some daft activity...

thelastgreatman
05-30-2008, 12:02 PM
ive just asked about a lot of the stuff we talk about on here thats all. im not trying to say that makes me better than anyone. im just trying to share info a lot of the time and then people get all huffy about it.

You don't exactly try to share info all the time though. Sharing info is fine. When you act like you know what their desires and plans and what they definitely will or will not do in the future coughyouowememoneycough, that's when it gets fucking annoying. You have no idea whether or not Guy and Thomas feel grateful to Coachella, so cut it the fuck out. Why the fuck wouldn't a couple of guys be grateful to a promoter who gave them their biggest audience ever after 9 years out of the concert-going eyes of the world? It's just kinda silly that you speculate on their state of mind is all.

crazzz2007
05-30-2008, 12:32 PM
now that Busy P is busy saving uff's career?

what career?

HunterGather
05-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh c'mon. She's booked for this years Lollapalooza. Obviously Pedros doing SOMETHING!! :D
hahahaha

I will make it a point to catch her live for the comic relief at Lolla.

CalmerThanYou
05-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Hunter...are you still working on the daft video project?

brando4n82
05-30-2008, 03:04 PM

I dont mean to speak for Hunter, but he has been asked that like 5 times in the past few weeks. I think if we are lucky, we will see it by the end of 2009

CalmerThanYou
05-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Strong, thank you brandon.

Is Dave Wang a beach, or mountain guy?

Also, how was the wedding?

crazzz2007
05-30-2008, 05:50 PM
hahaahh did you just stop by for a quick zinger?

i couldn't resist

brando4n82
05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
I'd like to direct everyone to this thread

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=633527&posted=1#post633527

gaypalmsprings
05-31-2008, 10:33 PM

partially sigged

Sushov23
05-31-2008, 11:13 PM
NO GIANT PRODUCTION FUNDED BY GV= NO DAFT PUNK TAKE OFF.

HunterGather
06-01-2008, 09:47 AM

yes.

RotationSlimWang
06-01-2008, 10:22 AM
yes.

... but like, THIS 2008, right?

HunterGather
06-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Oh God no.
Seeding torrent at LEAST by new years eve morning hehe
but hopefully it wont be that long.................................

brando4n82
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Probably the best Daft Punk Cover I've ever heard

http://misterblog2.free.fr/blog/around_the.mp3

BROKENDOLL
06-11-2008, 06:32 PM

http://misterblog2.free.fr/blog/around_the.mp3 God, it's good to know that there's a version I can blast at the Senior Center!

BROKENDOLL
06-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I tell the others it's my pacemaker?

Derekx
06-13-2008, 07:32 AM
So...The Daft Gang?

rage patton
06-13-2008, 12:23 PM

This is FUCKING AWESOME. Seriously.

rage patton
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Josh, answer my PM plz.

Done. Sorry for taking so long.

HunterGather
06-13-2008, 07:23 PM
So...The Daft Gang?

I guess it was put up, then taken down...

My guess it was maybe a demo of a track and thats just a random title...if its true that they did put up a new song.

brando4n82
06-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I guess it was put up, then taken down...

My guess it was maybe a demo of a track and thats just a random title...if its true that they did put up a new song.

what are we talking about here?

Daft Gang? New song? huh?

BROKENDOLL
06-13-2008, 09:52 PM
A Daft Punk/ Sugarhill remix is what I read.

shaggyduck
06-13-2008, 11:57 PM
I think that was jsut some tool trying to capitalize on the controversy over the new song. I doubt that the sugar hill/Daft Punk mash up is the real thing.

signmeup
06-16-2008, 01:02 PM
So...The Daft Gang?

FAKE

betao
06-16-2008, 10:43 PM

holy fucking shit.

now THAT

is freakin awesome.

HunterGather
06-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I dunno if this is real or not.
Or rather, if its official or not.

A video for TELEVISION RULES THE NATION.
It might have just been alternate shots from the Robot Rock video shoot, but the stage looks different...
Pretty cool anyhow

http://www.homeroomclothing.com/oscar/?p=153

shakermaker113
06-23-2008, 09:39 AM
speaking of which, does anyone have a rip of the robot rock video? I've been wanting one for a while, but have never come across one.

HunterGather
07-13-2008, 08:53 PM
lololz

VqccwYts_CY

anti-square
07-13-2008, 09:14 PM
So this is what you did instead of working on the DVD fucker?!

anti-square
07-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh shit. A lot of that is also my footage. This better be included as a special feature or something. Or not. I don't even think I fucking care anymore

HunterGather
07-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Nah, i was bored.

And blame the DVD not being done because of peoples not sending me their footage, fucker!
It will get done!
And on that not, MBrunet was kind enough to get around to sending me his footage via DVD in the mail. Good stuff.
Everythings coming together...slowly but surely.

anti-square
07-13-2008, 09:49 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc273/invisible_kid84/Waterboy_2.jpg

Derekx
07-13-2008, 11:49 PM
That's some awesome footage. Can't wait to see it.

Mr. Dylanja
07-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Who the fuck are we waiting on? Let's get a bounty for them!

CalmerThanYou
09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
http://missingtoof.com/2008/08/03/justice-dior-homme-springsummer-09-mix-daft-punk-louis-vuitton-springsummer-08-mix/

15 minute Daft Punk mix for the Louis Vuitton show...

It's good. Smile, you love it.

Bud Luster
09-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Technologic in the new Lincoln television ad. All your heroes are belong to us...

suckas....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
this is the thread that will not die....

superfiction
09-04-2008, 06:00 PM
If you look like 100 pages back you'll see its already been posted and thoroughly discussed.

i was gonna say that but i figured he'd call me a little cunt again

suprefan
09-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah so where is the DVD already, I sent an entire show worth of footage... and nothing...........

sbessiso
09-04-2008, 06:20 PM
omg supre, you're so funny!

BROKENDOLL
09-04-2008, 06:32 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/upset_Clown/Daft%20Punk/daft-1-1.jpg Speaking of ruling the nation... Think about it...

CalmerThanYou
09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
i was gonna say that but i figured he'd call me a little cunt again

no more cunt calling ever again. i promise. i let c-bombs drop when i'm drunk, accept my apologies.

plus, if it was 100 pages back, might as well refresh some people that missed it. like i did. im an idiot.

superfiction
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
haha alright sounds good

brando4n82
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
So who's got news about DP in the studio?

shakermaker113
09-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't know if I'd call it news. I read an interview with them last month about electroma (caused by the dvd release), and they said they were in paris working on new music at the moment. but that just confirms what we last heard, several months ago.

CalmerThanYou
09-05-2008, 02:15 PM
They are currently melting all the studio techs faces, so they are having issues resupplying them fast enough...

MSTRKRFT anti-face melting masks needed.

http://dawn.cbcr3.com/nmc/18/18288/Images/mstrkrft.jpg

MELT PROOF

(so they don't melt their own faces during performances...hence Dafts helmets)

HunterGather
09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah so where is the DVD already, I sent an entire show worth of footage... and nothing...........

Yeah, i'm kind of an asshole.
I've just been swamped lately with moving and going back to school and work.

I'm really unorganized with all the stuff I have right now. It will come out eventually. I just don't want it half assed like that recent one :D

Sorry people!

edit: and if it makes u feel better supre, your footage will be getting used alot :)

CalmerThanYou
09-05-2008, 06:26 PM
People are saying I'm launching rumors. I think Daft Punk and Kraftwerk should do something together, and...what if? It's not going to happen. We have a proposed stadium tour-Daft Punk and Kraftwerk--but it's not happening. - Busy P

http://www.urb.com/features/1219/BusyPFacetoFace.php

HunterGather
09-05-2008, 06:41 PM
eww. stadium tour.
But that'd be a pretty sweet show for a one-off or something...

crazzz2007
09-05-2008, 06:51 PM
eww. stadium tour.
But that'd be a pretty sweet show for a one-off or something...

a "pretty sweet show"? that's the understatement of all infinity.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I'll jump on this Kraftwerk/Daft Punk Tour thing. Seeing as how Kraftwerk were supposed to close out Saturday night of Coachella this year with a "elaborate set up" that never appeared (which I think is due to Prince being added at the last minute and Kraftwerk going from going on after Portishead to going on before). I can easily see that if Daft Punk appear next year at Coachella it will be with Kraftwerk and both will have brand new stage set ups and that "elaborate" set up Kraftwerk was due to have will appear.

calling it.

suprefan
09-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, i'm kind of an asshole.
I've just been swamped lately with moving and going back to school and work.

I'm really unorganized with all the stuff I have right now. It will come out eventually. I just don't want it half assed like that recent one :D

Sorry people!

edit: and if it makes u feel better supre, your footage will be getting used alot :)

Oh I figure a bit of it would be used, just your deadline of ''the end of 2008' doesnt seem so feasible....

captncrzy
09-05-2008, 08:56 PM
I can't believe this thread isn't dead yet

shakermaker113
09-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I'll jump on this Kraftwerk/Daft Punk Tour thing. Seeing as how Kraftwerk were supposed to close out Saturday night of Coachella this year with a "elaborate set up" that never appeared (which I think is due to Prince being added at the last minute and Kraftwerk going from going on after Portishead to going on before). I can easily see that if Daft Punk appear next year at Coachella it will be with Kraftwerk and both will have brand new stage set ups and that "elaborate" set up Kraftwerk was due to have will appear.

calling it.

you're calling it? it's not happening. I'll put money on it not happening.

and I really don't think there was ever meant to be a more elaborate set up. I think that was just tollet getting excited at the press release.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-06-2008, 06:31 AM
you're calling it? it's not happening. I'll put money on it not happening.

and I really don't think there was ever meant to be a more elaborate set up. I think that was just tollet getting excited at the press release.

Meh...it was more of a joke. Since when do we hold folks accountable to "calling it". Didn't Randy have a sig for the longest time about LZ headlining Coachella?

shakermaker113
09-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Meh...it was more of a joke. Since when do we hold folks accountable to "calling it". Didn't Randy have a sig for the longest time about LZ headlining Coachella?

yes. and he was dead fucking serious. he owes us all some head.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-06-2008, 08:25 AM
yes. and he was dead fucking serious. he owes us all some head.

We should start a thread about Randy owing us BJs due to LZ not being there.

sbessiso
09-06-2008, 08:52 AM
He's not very good, you guys aren't missing much

suprefan
09-06-2008, 11:25 AM
you would know of course.

Jen, this thread WILL NEVER DIE

anti-square
09-06-2008, 11:52 AM
NEVER!

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/music/images/daft-punk-alive-tour-2007.jpg

paulb
09-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Never?

HunterGather
09-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Ever.

BROKENDOLL
09-06-2008, 02:30 PM
lame motivational is lame Give me a break. I just happen to get motivated with Robot photos, okay?

BROKENDOLL
09-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Robots don't die...

gaypalmsprings
09-07-2008, 08:22 AM
uAh2GqMo16o&feature=related

R3nIplI9EJg&feature=related

CalmerThanYou
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Buy it Use it Break it DRIVE IT

BROKENDOLL
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I never thought I'd say this but, Daft Punk left me disappointed! Saw the movie ELECTROMA listed on demand TV the other day and made some time to watch it last night...WTF??? I started to have my first doubt about 10 minutes into it, but figured they'ld blow my mind when they dropped the first bass note. Without giving up hope, I sat through the whole thing figuring there'd be a message that would blow my mind before it ended, but noooo...The suprise at the end was the credits! I couldn't believe how many fucking people it took to make that, and #1 It wasn't even them! #2 It's not like there was a damned script! #3 Not one Daft Punk song! I was even more suprised when I saw it was made in 2007! After the live shows I saw prior to that, I would have expected more from those two... Now I'm glad I paid the $4.00 instead of purchasing the disc I almost bought awhile back...:nono

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
It has been known for a while that that movie is a POS. Did you hear otherwise before you ordered it?

shakermaker113
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I never thought I'd say this but, Daft Punk left me disappointed! Saw the movie ELECTROMA listed on demand TV the other day and made some time to watch it last night...WTF??? I started to have my first doubt about 10 minutes into it, but figured they'ld blow my mind when they dropped the first bass note. Without giving up hope, I sat through the whole thing figuring there'd be a message that would blow my mind before it ended, but noooo...The suprise at the end was the credits! I couldn't believe how many fucking people it took to make that, and #1 It wasn't even them! #2 It's not like there was a damned script! #3 Not one Daft Punk song! I was even more suprised when I saw it was made in 2007! After the live shows I saw prior to that, I would have expected more from those two... Now I'm glad I paid the $4.00 instead of purchasing the disc I almost bought awhile back...:nono

oh. you hadn't read anything about it beforehand. that's a shame. it's interesting in its own respect, but robots aside it really has nothing to do with anything else daft punk have ever done. if you want daft punk, don't watch electroma. if you want an experimental indie movie, fine then go watch electroma.

and it was made in 2005 (possibly into 2006), before the live shows. they first released it in 2007.

superfiction
09-11-2008, 12:05 AM

ELECTROMA

is epic.

they did all the cinematography themselves. i love it. it totally fits the kind fo movies i like. its not for everyone. but i love thx 1138 and 2001:a space odyssey and shit like that. and to me it totally fits right in with those. maybe not as great but its a great vibe and i get to stare at the helmets for an hour+ so id say its fucking solid

indietron
09-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Electroma was remarkable. It requires patience and a love for independent indie movies.
You were looking for a jaw-dropping DP album based movie that would make your mind explode.

CalmerThanYou
09-11-2008, 10:50 AM
and i get to stare at the helmets for an hour+ so id say its fucking solid

QFT

SmokinPenguin
09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I found the movie to be quite interesting..

Or maybe it was the mushrooms kicking in..lol
Either way, I thought it was a very intriguing movie visually.

CalmerThanYou
09-11-2008, 04:25 PM
I think it should be known by pretty much anyone watching electrorama that theres no daft punk tunes and that the movie is abstract. I just thought that was common knowledge.

Interstella555 has daft tunes...all anime though.

HunterGather
09-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Electroma might have been more interesting if the soundtrack was the HUMAN AFTER ALL album.
I think I will make a custom version of that for myself

Bosco
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I've yet to see Electroma and was gonna buy it the other day, but I decided to go with Blade Runner.

Bryce, I love you. 2001: ASO :pulse

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
It has been known for a while that that movie is a POS. Did you hear otherwise before you ordered it? Since the night I was first exposed to those robots, I made it a point to get as much of their stuff as I could. Electroma wasn't available in stores yet, but it was on my need list. I was stoked when I saw it scheduled for TV.

oh. you hadn't read anything about it beforehand. that's a shame. it's interesting in its own respect, but robots aside it really has nothing to do with anything else daft punk have ever done. if you want daft punk, don't watch electroma. if you want an experimental indie movie, fine then go watch electroma.

and it was made in 2005 (possibly into 2006), before the live shows. they first released it in 2007. Yeah, I figured it had to be made before they "landed," but saw the 2007 shit at the end. Maybe the fact that the TV preview worded it in a way that got my expectations up.

ELECTROMA

is epic.

they did all the cinematography themselves. i love it. it totally fits the kind fo movies i like. its not for everyone. but i love thx 1138 and 2001:a space odyssey and shit like that. and to me it totally fits right in with those. maybe not as great but its a great vibe and i get to stare at the helmets for an hour+ so id say its fucking solid I will confess...Broke out the digital camera and nabbed afew of those closeups of their jackets as they walked through the desert! Shhh...

Electroma was remarkable. It requires patience and a love for independent indie movies.
You were looking for a jaw-dropping DP album based movie that would make your mind explode. Exactly. Guess there was something about it if I sat until the very last credit, huh?

I found the movie to be quite interesting..

Or maybe it was the mushrooms kicking in..lol
Either way, I thought it was a very intriguing movie visually. Actually, I thought several scenes looked like they were nearby to Coachella. And, while you mention intriguing...Did you catch the scene walking across the desert where they approached what appeared to be a woman's open thighs and continued walking right up into the "bush" ahead of them?

I think it should be known by pretty much anyone watching electrorama that theres no daft punk tunes and that the movie is abstract. I just thought that was common knowledge.

Interstella555 has daft tunes...all anime though. That's on the need list as well...

Electroma might have been more interesting if the soundtrack was the HUMAN AFTER ALL album.
I think I will make a custom version of that for myself Right after you finish the Live version, right HunterGather? (Hint, hint...)

HunterGather
09-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Right after you finish the Live version, right HunterGather? (Hint, hint...)

I was waiting for someone to say that :)

BROKENDOLL
09-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I was waiting for someone to say that :)
Try to do it before we're all walking around in spacesuits, K? :winkiss

CalmerThanYou
09-12-2008, 09:58 AM
So i was day dreaming the other day, and i was hoping that someone would release the helmets they wore in the movie for sale to the public.

Then i realized i creamed my pants thinking about wearing it to the bank, car wash, work, etc...imagine the looks i would get. people would be so fucking jealous.

PrettyRagdoll
09-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Then i realized i creamed my pants thinking about wearing it to the bank, car wash, work, etc...imagine the looks i would get. people would be so fucking jealous.

I know I'd be crazy jealous

shakermaker113
09-13-2008, 08:54 PM
So i was day dreaming the other day, and i was hoping that someone would release the helmets they wore in the movie for sale to the public.

oh. you weren't around when we found the website of the people who made the helmets, were you?

In case anyone's interested in the helmets and how they were made

http://www.ledeffects.com/installations/helmets.htm

Just think - you could have one for $65,000 plus licensing fees :)

the link doesn't work any more, and I can't find them on their new site. but they had the helmets listed. when we found it they said we could have them for the price quoted above. soon after we discovered it, they changed the site to say they were not available for purchase. haha.

I'm sure all the non-light up helmets they used in the movie must be in a warehouse somewhere though. what a waste. I think we had someone here at one point who was an extra in the film and got to wear one of the helmets? not sure about that though.

superfiction
09-13-2008, 08:59 PM
oh. you weren't around when we found the website of the people who made the helmets, were you?

the link doesn't work any more, and I can't find them on their new site. but they had the helmets listed. when we found it they said we could have them for the price quoted above. soon after we discovered it, they changed the site to say they were not available for purchase. haha.

I'm sure all the non-light up helmets they used in the movie must be in a warehouse somewhere though. what a waste. I think we had someone here at one point who was an extra in the film and got to wear one of the helmets? not sure about that though.

yeah someone was an extra. i remember asking them about it.

and yeah. the helmets are all sitting in a warehouse. except apperently they lost 1 or 2 of them.

....whatever that means.

BROKENDOLL
09-13-2008, 11:10 PM

yeah someone was an extra. i remember asking them about it.

and yeah. the helmets are all sitting in a warehouse. except apperently they lost 1 or 2 of them.

....whatever that means. If I recall, both helmets got destroyed in the movie. The first one blew up when he gave up and had robot #2 detonate it. And the second one destroyed when he realized without his friend he had nothing and proceeded to slam it against the ground and shit. Am I right? Of course, without ruining the fantasy of owning one, I'm sure they made more than afew in order to accomodate retakes, etc...Hell, I wouldn't mind just scoring the license plate to that Mazarati they drove...HUMAN

HunterGather
09-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Try to do it before we're all walking around in spacesuits, K? :winkiss

as soon as I get my shit together, ill get back to collecting more footage. and really, once I get the footage, it'll be a snap to put it all together.
don't blame me. blame the people who don't reply or take too long to answer my requests for their footage ;)

BROKENDOLL
09-13-2008, 11:37 PM
as soon as I get my shit together, ill get back to collecting more footage. and really, once I get the footage, it'll be a snap to put it all together.
don't blame me. blame the people who don't reply or take too long to answer my requests for their footage ;)

2009... I wish I had stood still enough to offer some footage! I'll patiently wait though for you to do your snapping thing. Some things are worth waiting for, right? Please add me to the Gotta Have List...:pulse

superfiction
09-14-2008, 12:01 AM
If I recall, both helmets got destroyed in the movie. The first one blew up when he gave up and had robot #2 detonate it. And the second one destroyed when he realized without his friend he had nothing and proceeded to slam it against the ground and shit. Am I right? Of course, without ruining the fantasy of owning one, I'm sure they made more than afew in order to accomodate retakes, etc...Hell, I wouldn't mind just scoring the license plate to that Mazarati they drove...HUMAN

i guess you forgot that everyone in town was wearing a robot helmet as well?

and the car is a ferrari 412

BROKENDOLL
09-14-2008, 09:34 AM
i guess you forgot that everyone in town was wearing a robot helmet as well?

and the car is a ferrari 412 I did kind of "space" on that fact, didn't I? Except...I was only concerned about "those two helmets...":winkiss And that car was a Ferrari? I collect Ferrari models of any kind, but I don't have one like that. I have every Hot Wheel Ferrari, scale model Ferraris, Barbie's Ferrari, and...Yes. I said the Barbie Ferrari. I really thought it was a Mazarati in that movie. Glad we cleared all that up!

BROKENDOLL
09-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Well, damn...It was a Ferrari 412. (Had to check it out. Wonder why they removed all the emblems?

superfiction
09-14-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah i only knew cuz i randomly stumbled up on that car years ago and thought it was crazy

CalmerThanYou
09-15-2008, 10:17 AM
The helmets were $55k or 65k a piece to buy, but then you had to also license the rights from DP in order to have them make you one... = FAIL.

Or we could just commission these chicks to make us some

(From Vegoose...i was in love)

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/kolbycap/l_4ab30b5577d9c8f43d9276cead169d86.jpg

superfiction
09-15-2008, 11:41 AM
those girls FAIL. god they were irritating

CalmerThanYou
09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah, stuck up cunts indeed!

However I have to give it to them, theyre helmets are the best ive seen (aside from, ahem, well the real ones)

keep2thestreets
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah i immediately hated them the moment i saw them walking around the field.

i kept shouting "blasphemy!"

HunterGather
09-25-2008, 08:29 PM
This might just be random nothingness, but on dafts myspace page, they have a Beastie Boys video "So What'Chu Want".
And in the music player, an un-clickable song titled "the daft gang".

There was already some speculation a month or 3 back about this alleged "the daft gang" track that was listed, but taken down or something.

could it mean something? if so, i don't know.
Or it means nothing...

myspace.com/daftpunk

sbessiso
09-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm putting YOU in charge of getting to the bottom of this

HunterGather
09-25-2008, 08:36 PM
i got nothing.
maybe the new album will sound like..beastie boys?
i don't get it. Might be looking too much into it.
Just very random for whoever to change their profile like that. As I'm sure daft doesn't touch their myspace account.

suprefan
09-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Those stupid prententious girls can suck a fat one. They were from wisconson to boot, who the hell in the midwest does this? Of course there was a story about them in Spin when DP was on the cover and they were doing vegoose coverage... They were not even 21 and got into that after party at LAX, Aoki fell in love and whisked them away...

BROKENDOLL
09-25-2008, 09:47 PM
This might just be random nothingness, but on dafts myspace page, they have a Beastie Boys video "So What'Chu Want".
And in the music player, an un-clickable song titled "the daft gang".

There was already some speculation a month or 3 back about this alleged "the daft gang" track that was listed, but taken down or something.

could it mean something? if so, i don't know.
Or it means nothing...

myspace.com/daftpunk Daft Punk, "Random nothingness???" As I type this, I'm watching the Lincoln commercial on TV....HunterGather, I'm ashamed of you...

HunterGather
09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
plz explain

shakermaker113
09-25-2008, 09:53 PM
we're really grasping at straws, aren't we? fuck, just be patient people. stalking isn't healthy.

gaypalmsprings
09-25-2008, 10:25 PM
I keep hearing Daft Punk in commercials and used in radio talk shows. They are nowhere & everywhere at the same time.

BROKENDOLL
09-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Daft Punk, "Random nothingness???" As I type this, I'm watching the Lincoln commercial on TV....HunterGather, I'm ashamed of you...

plz explain I've caught the commercial for the Lincoln Navigator several times...Daft Punk's Technologic is playing. (You've probably just missed it because you're so busy working on that Daft Punk Live disc, huh? :winkiss) Oh, and this one...<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rF-8dKuCb8o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rF-8dKuCb8o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bluemamba
09-25-2008, 10:40 PM
My friend told me today that Digitalism is the new Daft Punk.

HunterGather
09-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Brokendoll, im aware of the commercials and such.
But random nothingness on their myspace page :o
A sign maybe?

And Digitalism. I love them. They put on a great live show.
I suppose in some ways, they are similar to Homework-era daft punk (if daft sang and rocked out a little more).

and that fucking dvd will come eventually. ;)

CalmerThanYou
09-25-2008, 10:48 PM
They are nowhere & everywhere at the same time.

Thats because theyre robots.

Also, being near obsessive when it comes to DP (Daft Punk, not Double Pen), i would say that them randomly adding a video, AND having daft gang on the player is odd (albeit inaccessible). They LOVE to hack people, and i feel this is just a little teaser to see whos paying attention...I havent seen their page change since their last show...

i just got a boner.

shakermaker113
09-25-2008, 10:56 PM
random nothingness on their myspace page :o
A sign maybe?

i just got a boner.

soon we are going to have a live update on what hours of the day daft punk (or whoever they authorize) is logged in to their myspace page, and what occurs during that time.

then it'll be a cream pie in here.

anti-square
09-25-2008, 10:57 PM
gross

shakermaker113
09-25-2008, 11:07 PM
careful, they just received a comment on their myspace.

gaypalmsprings
09-25-2008, 11:15 PM
cream pie in my shorts

shakermaker113
09-25-2008, 11:37 PM
not unless you have a couple of robots in there. or your shorts get posted on their myspace. sorry.

boarderwoozel3
09-26-2008, 12:15 AM
...and people bitch about the Radiohead thread not dying, sheesh.

CalmerThanYou
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
magic never dies.

http://cdn-2.vlaze.com/c13/stash/2007/29/50083_082.JPG

shakermaker113
09-26-2008, 09:30 AM
http://coreygilmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-26-2008, 01:59 PM
magic never dies.

http://cdn-2.vlaze.com/c13/stash/2007/29/50083_082.JPG

that is a awesome pic.

humanoid
09-26-2008, 02:18 PM
is that a young Will Smith in the pyramid?

that pic is pretty cool

GnarVee
09-29-2008, 09:18 AM
is that a young Will Smith in the pyramid?

that pic is pretty cool

LMFAO.......lucky guy.....

HunterGather
09-29-2008, 12:50 PM
someone fucked up the lights at the beginning of this show.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=7028371

captncrzy
09-29-2008, 12:55 PM
God, kill this thead already; it's two years old.

Sonicifyouwantit
09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
My friend told me today that Digitalism is the new Daft Punk.

you're friend is wrong.

HunterGather
09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
God, kill this thead already; it's two years old.

never!
lets take this to at least 301 pages by the end of the year.

shakermaker113
09-29-2008, 03:18 PM
http://coreygilmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

HunterGather
09-29-2008, 07:29 PM
http://www.worldbank.org/html/extdr/kosovo/photos/deadhorse.jpg

RotationSlimWang
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey Hunter, is that DVD ever gonna be fucking finished or what? No funny pics until DVD for you.

gaypalmsprings
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.darrenclarkphoto.net/west/uppervalley/Landscapes/Images/mud_lake_horse.jpg

HunterGather
10-06-2008, 12:05 AM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/craigtorrance/mmag_mar08_cover.jpg

paulb
10-06-2008, 05:05 AM
um yeah....you are missing the best part of that magazine spread.....

paulb
10-06-2008, 05:09 AM
the really important fuckers are on the far right:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44576000/jpg/_44576482_mixmag416b.jpg

but of course, that is all up for debate

superfiction
10-06-2008, 06:43 AM
i read that issue. it was alright

shakermaker113
10-06-2008, 09:42 AM
someone needs to post a key for that spread.

HunterGather
10-06-2008, 10:43 AM
i figured there was more people, but i couldn't find a pic of the rest of the cover

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-06-2008, 11:02 AM
so who are the folks on the right?

paulb
10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
The guy with his arms up, the brother and the guy with the Rage Patton hat is The Prodigy, who else.

superfiction
10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
the people to the left of daft punk...goign from left to right are basement jaxx, norman cook (fatboyslim) and dizzee rascal

HunterGather
10-06-2008, 04:53 PM
the woman sitting is Roisin Murphy (sp?)
She is also the singer of Moloko

suprefan
10-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Istn Massive Attack in there? Looks like it

superfiction
10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Istn Massive Attack in there? Looks like it

no. i thought that too for a sec but Robert del Naja isnt in this picture so thats just some random black dude

Derekx
10-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Karl Hyde of Underworld is in the second picture on the bottom left with his head tilted. Moby is behind him.

signmeup
10-07-2008, 10:36 PM
isnt that armand van helden next to moby?

signmeup
10-07-2008, 10:42 PM
and felix da housecats hand on the other side of moby? i swear thats his hand, i mean, it looks just like it

HunterGather
10-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Oh can't someone just find that issue and post the names already!
Friggin scanger hunt, it is :D

HunterGather
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh sweet.
The list AND videos/interviews from the cover shoot:

http://www.mixmag.net/25years

superfiction
10-07-2008, 11:07 PM
lots of daft punk in those videos.

HunterGather
10-07-2008, 11:09 PM
i know rite lawlz

but i knew they were photoshopped in.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-02-2008, 04:11 PM
whatever happened to daft radiohead punk?

Bud Luster
12-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Fucking Goldie! Say what you want about the popularity or influence of other artists and producers, but he is THEE don of DNB and has balls and ego big enough squash those of just about any DNB artists. Fuck Justice, that is a true superstar right there!

HunterGather
01-09-2009, 09:29 PM
out-of-no-where-thread-bump
http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/12/37/28/77/save11.jpg
circa 2006

Dave Dubset
02-01-2009, 12:38 PM
http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2059/103/66/791014170/n791014170_1203655_4906.jpg

join for DAFT

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=544736812&ref=name#/group.php?gid=53040216891&ref=mf

redthreat
02-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Fucking Goldie! Say what you want about the popularity or influence of other artists and producers, but he is THEE don of DNB and has balls and ego big enough squash those of just about any DNB artists. Fuck Justice, that is a true superstar right there!

mother was such a breakthrough.

superfiction
02-01-2009, 09:24 PM
out-of-no-where-thread-bump
http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/12/37/28/77/save11.jpg
circa 2006

isnt that at the standard?

HunterGather
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
http://solotripdesign.com/DaftPunk_files/DaftPunk_Photo_Model.jpg
http://solotripdesign.com/DaftPunk_files/DaftPunk_audienceView.jpg
http://solotripdesign.com/DaftPunk_files/DaftPunk_aerialView.jpg
http://solotripdesign.com/DaftPunk_files/DaftPunk_components.jpg

http://solotripdesign.com/DaftPunk_files/DaftPunk_exploded.jpg

CalmerThanYou
02-05-2009, 05:56 PM
that should be on the cover art of your DVD

shakermaker113
02-05-2009, 06:39 PM
cover art no. bonus feature yes.

who the hell are those figurines in the first pic?

CalmerThanYou
02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
agreed and noted.

thats them without their helmets...

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-07-2009, 01:47 AM
link?

HunterGather
02-07-2009, 09:06 AM
http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1008659&postcount=8789

CalmerThanYou
02-07-2009, 10:37 AM
was that for a CAD project Hunter?

HunterGather
02-07-2009, 12:43 PM
CAD?

Monklish
02-07-2009, 12:43 PM
HOLY SHIT HUNTER WHERE IS THAT FUCKING DVD ALREADY YOU ASSHOLE.

CalmerThanYou
02-07-2009, 02:03 PM
CAD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-aided_design

HunterGather
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Oh, no no.
It was taken from the site of the guy who designed the pyramid.

CalmerThanYou
02-07-2009, 02:17 PM
der. that explains it.

signmeup
02-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh, no no.
It was taken from the site of the guy who designed the pyramid.

i thought thats what it looked like..

[edit]
thats actually the company that constructed it, but theres a link to the guys site who designed it.

superfiction
02-07-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/robot_rock_pics/p2270130.jpg
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/robot_rock_pics/p2270098.jpg
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/robot_rock_pics/p2270166.jpg

HunterGather
02-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Cool!
Looks a lot more colorful before making it look all vintage n stuff.
--------

http://diestruktur.com/asianmandan/music/Nov%202008/djfalcondaft.jpg
http://www.ualberta.ca/~chsin/AdventuresofDP/Promo/DSCN1903.JPG

whynotsmile99
02-07-2009, 07:54 PM
those Marionettes are friggin awesome

HunterGather
02-07-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/robot_rock_pics/p2270148.jpg
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/robot_rock_pics/set2sketch2.jpg
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/technologic_ani_dummy_pics/technologicfront.jpg
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/technologic_ani_dummy_pics/p3310302.jpg
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/technologic_ani_dummy_pics/p3310327.jpg

HunterGather
02-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Sweet!
Thomas Bangaltar was celebrated at Disney World! :D
http://www.sun7news.com/index.php?code=88zpt3YZJ109bV76iZ25&CMP=OTC-WWYCOVS1001

signmeup
02-07-2009, 10:06 PM
wtf? haha

indietron
02-07-2009, 10:18 PM
?!?!?!?!?!

DRcube
02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Sweet!
Thomas Bangaltar was celebrated at Disney World! :D
http://www.sun7news.com/index.php?code=88zpt3YZJ109bV76iZ25&CMP=OTC-WWYCOVS1001

nice try:)

superfiction
02-08-2009, 12:12 AM
those Marionettes are friggin awesome

those are just toys

shakermaker113
02-08-2009, 08:24 AM
http://www.ericbeauchamp.com/gr/photo_gallery/various_job_photos_600px/robot_rock_pics/p2270130.jpg

there was a point in 2006 where I half expected to see this at coachella.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-08-2009, 10:21 AM
there was a point in 2006 where I half expected to see this at coachella.

that still would have been amazing...

CalmerThanYou
02-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Super - Are those your shots?

keep2thestreets
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I just thought how awesome it would be if Deadmau5 took a picture with Mickey Mau5..

keep2thestreets
02-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Anyways congrats for winning Best Electronic/Dance Album

Robototron
02-08-2009, 04:14 PM
What the hell is this hidden tour business?

http://www.erolalkan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18777
http://www.dafthidden.com/

keep2thestreets
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM

Hmm

MonsoonSeason
02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
why is it in shanghai

why isn't it in chicago

why

why

HunterGather
02-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Sweet!
Daft won 2 Grammys.
And Justice won for best Remix for MGMT's Electric Feel.

superfiction
02-08-2009, 05:53 PM
im guessing this whole thing is just a hoax

HunterGather
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM

What's all this about??
I'm investigating...

signmeup
02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
its all fake too many signs pointing to hoax

superfiction
02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
What's all this about??
I'm investigating...

yuo know its fake for a number of reasons.

1. the art above the emi logo on that map is not official. it was some fan art that was posted on their facebook group page.

2. why would the fourth post down on their news page be all the dates from the old tour with the few new ones tacked on at the top

3.what the fuck does "we have jaelously kept this secret" mean?

its not them. this is stupid.

brando4n82
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM

1. the art above the emi logo on that map is not official. it was some fan art that was posted on their facebook group page.

Didnt realize until you mentioned it. Thats really too fuckin bad because I am more than ready for it. We all are.

Daft Fro
02-08-2009, 08:36 PM
As well as the site mentioning they were responsible for the Obama Aerodynamic video, when it is obviously in fact Adam Freeland's work.

Why do people do this fake crap? making people in Shanghai go crazy swamping that address now lol...

signmeup
02-08-2009, 11:51 PM
As well as the site mentioning they were responsible for the Obama Aerodynamic video, when it is obviously in fact Adam Freeland's work.

Why do people do this fake crap? making people in Shanghai go crazy swamping that address now lol...

yup, and the map on the site was just ripped and edited from some other site, links on the erol forum

ficklecycle
02-09-2009, 12:06 AM
So who accepted Daft's grammys tonight?

HunterGather
02-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I couldn't find anything about anyone accepting anything.
I doubt they were there, or anyone to claim it, but the pre-telecast is generally overlooked in any case.

shakermaker113
02-09-2009, 09:35 AM

2. why would the fourth post down on their news page be all the dates from the old tour with the few new ones tacked on at the top

3.what the fuck does "we have jaelously kept this secret" mean?

its not them. this is stupid.

if you're going to go to the trouble of such a nice looking fake, why would you make such dumb mistakes?

I'm not arguing with you. it's just sad that they had such a convincing fake, apart from three things that could have been so easily avoided.

signmeup
02-09-2009, 12:31 PM
if you're going to go to the trouble of such a nice looking fake, why would you make such dumb mistakes?

I'm not arguing with you. it's just sad that they had such a convincing fake, apart from three things that could have been so easily avoided.

theres tons of mistakes, like the website sucking in compare to the actual daft website, and everything else on the website.

erndisco
02-09-2009, 12:32 PM
i wan to see them so bad.

brando4n82
02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
theres tons of mistakes, like the website sucking in compare to the actual daft website, and everything else on the website.

I dont know dude. The real daft punk web site sucks ballz

HunterGather
02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/node/149053

suprefan
02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
So who accepted Daft's grammys tonight?

Dj Falcon?

shakermaker113
02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
should I bother opening the new daft punk thread someone made?

signmeup
02-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I dont know dude. The real daft punk web site sucks ballz

well comparing the two one sucks more than the other.sites down anyway

should I bother opening the new daft punk thread someone made?

NO
save yourself the annoyance

WoollyMammoth
02-12-2009, 08:28 AM
daftalive.com has dispelled the china show rumor online but the site also hints that DP is planning another world tour in 2010 or 2011! If this is true...does this mean I might have a new daft punk album to listen to for Summer/Fall 2009?!?!?

shakermaker113
02-12-2009, 09:23 AM
they've been working on a new album. we've known that for a while now. let's not start rumors about a 2010 or 2011 tour already. even if they hinted at it themselves, it's far too soon to start getting exited.

WoollyMammoth
02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
they've been working on a new album. we've known that for a while now. let's not start rumors about a 2010 or 2011 tour already. even if they hinted at it themselves, it's far too soon to start getting exited.

naturally. i just get a little man-moist thinking about them playing coachella 2027!

BKsaysAction!
02-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I wonder if Thomas Bangalater will dj for Sebastian Tellier. That would be 1/2 of Daft Punk.

keep2thestreets
02-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I wonder if Thomas Bangalater will dj for Sebastian Tellier. That would be 1/2 of Daft Punk.

Sebastian Tellier plays with a live band, and it would be more Guy Manuel who produced his latest album.

Tellier is a demon on the piano

tessalasset
02-13-2009, 11:38 AM
i can't believe this thread has this many replies.

deftonepuma
02-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Hello thread. I have missed you. Reading about how excited everyone was about your upcoming shows. Then comparing the millisecond differences in your set as the tour progressed. Miss you....

HerbalK
03-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey there, was wondering what the latest was on the Alive 07 dvd. Any news? Thanks for your efforts, Hunter and anyone else involved.