PDA

View Full Version : Daft Punk...Not at Coachella but Playing US

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 12:35 AM
AIGHT COO

signmeup
08-21-2007, 01:03 AM
THAT WAS INTENSE! jk

i didnt see that on the MSTRKRFT forum, link?

HunterGather
08-21-2007, 05:34 AM
Thats the way Thomas looked when I met him at Red Rocks, except some scruffy facial hairs.
He should always keep his head shaved. Those old curls ain't really hood :D

hangthedj112
08-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Holy crap. This thread never dies.

I know, it's like someone is devoted to bumping and filling it with randomness to keep it Alive.

i really don't get why you people are getting all whiny about a picture of them being posted, daft punk and thomas bangalter albeit being one in the same technically, are two totally different entities.

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Thomas and Jesse

Jesse Keeler posted this on their forums:
OMGZ THIS IS A PIC OF THOMAS AND JESSE, IT SHOWS HIS FACE DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN (http://a35.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_f628a2d2f71bde756324beac2d2353da.jpg)

if this is a repost, its soo good that it has to be posted twice

So which one is which?

HunterGather
08-21-2007, 07:10 AM
It's not as if there aren't pictures of them online anyway.

paulb
08-21-2007, 08:45 AM
So which one is which?

i know for sure the guy on the left is in Daft Punk...

psychic friend
08-21-2007, 09:50 AM
ya thats Thomas. he's super nice.

signmeup
08-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats the way Thomas looked when I met him at Red Rocks, except some scruffy facial hairs.
He should always keep his head shaved. Those old curls ain't really hood :D

yeah he keeps it short nowadays.

funny story, at red rocks even after they let all the fans in and stuff and they were sitting down and what not, Thomas was still in the soundbooth messing with the cameras right in front of everyone and nobody noticed..also funny, he showed up at the after party and was dancing for a short time (before he left, plugging his ear) right behind my girlfriend and nobody recognized him even though P, Seb, Kav, and Falcon were all pointing at him and laughing.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 10:24 AM
yeah he keeps it short nowadays.

funny story, at red rocks even after they let all the fans in and stuff and they were sitting down and what not, Thomas was still in the soundbooth messing with the cameras right in front of everyone and nobody noticed..also funny, he showed up at the after party and was dancing for a short time (before he left, plugging his ear) right behind my girlfriend and nobody recognized him even though P, Seb, Kav, and Falcon were all pointing at him and laughing.

I would've started dancing with him. I would've just been yelling "AWWW SHIT GET YO GROOVE ON DAFT MAN".

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 11:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/richardmetalfan/random/01_daft_punk_by_martta_amat.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/richardmetalfan/random/daftpunk1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/richardmetalfan/random/1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/richardmetalfan/coachella%2006/untitled001.jpg

daftmonkey64
08-21-2007, 12:21 PM
apparently robots are partial to Calvin Klein undies. (guy)

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Hahaha I remember when I first saw that pic everyone left a comment saying "YOU MET THEM?! HOW COOL!"

daftmonkey64
08-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Hahaha I remember when I first saw that pic everyone left a comment saying "YOU MET THEM?! HOW COOL!"

okay. can someone remind me who the fuck Busy-P is? and how is ed banger and justice and daft all tied in together.

......TOGETHERRR!!! hah

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 12:31 PM
okay. can someone remind me who the fuck Busy-P is? and how is ed banger and justice and daft all tied in together.

......TOGETHERRR!!! hah

Please tell me you're kidding.

daftmonkey64
08-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Please tell me you're kidding.

i know. i should know this shit but...i dunno. too lazy to research

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Busy P is the founder/head of Ed Banger records which is the label Justice is under. So Busy P is Justice's manager. As for Daft Punk, he's their manager as well.

rage patton
08-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Fuck that is a sweet Rage Against The Machine shirt Busy P is wearing.

I want it.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
It's good.

daftmonkey64
08-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Busy P is the founder/head of Ed Banger records which is the label Justice is under. So Busy P is Justice's manager. As for Daft Punk, he's their manager as well.

but daft isn't on ed banger are they? that wouldnt seem right

daftmonkey64
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
and is he French!? he sure looks goofy enough to be french

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
and is he French!? he sure looks goofy enough to be french

Yes he's french, like Daft Punk. & no, they are not on Ed Banger. They are on Virgin.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I mentioned that already.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 01:30 PM
yeah this whole lets post their pics online is kinda lame cuz they really dont appretiate it. thats actually the first ive seen without him wearing sunglasses. the guys just want their privacy, shouldnt we respect it?

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah this whole lets post their pics online is kinda lame cuz they really dont appretiate it. thats actually the first ive seen without him wearing sunglasses. the guys just want their privacy, shouldnt we respect it?

Exactly. Well said.

crazzz2007
08-21-2007, 01:32 PM

dude, it has nothing to do with privacy. it's just their thing.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 01:33 PM
dude, it has nothing to do with privacy. it's just their thing.

do you know? have you spoken to them? they just like being able to do whatever and not be in the spotlight. and this ruins that

crazzz2007
08-21-2007, 01:36 PM
do you know? have you spoken to them? they just like being able to do whatever and not be in the spotlight. and this ruins that

no, i don't buy that. when they perform on their own, they don't have helmets. they went to some of the afterparties, and they didn't have any helmets on. when they spun at the standard, no helmets.

it's just a gimmick. a very cool gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless. you're reading way too much into it.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
no, i don't buy that. when they perform on their own, they don't have helmets. they went to some of the afterparties, and they didn't have any helmets on. when they spun at the standard, no helmets.

it's just a gimmick. a very cool gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless. you're reading way too much into it.

I guess I have to agree with you on that.

daftmonkey64
08-21-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah i'll admit it was cool to see what they look like nowadays, but man it really killed alot of the mystery behind daft punk.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 01:39 PM
I didn't even really see a recent pic of them until I saw that one. I had seen the ones on Busy P's blog but that's it.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 01:39 PM
im sure thomas telling me their reasons is reading way too much into it, youre exactly right.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Here we go with Daft's best friend.

rage patton
08-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Bryce, I think I asked you this a little while ago, but since this threads grows by leaps and bounds every 2 second... I never read your answer.

Do ya know if you are going to Vegoose yet?

superfiction
08-21-2007, 01:46 PM
i am. i keep forgetting to buy tickets. i had all my stuff set up to buy it and my comp crashed so i gotta get on that in the next few days

superfiction
08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Here we go with Daft's best friend.

i didnt say im anyones best friend. but trust me i know a little more than you

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Sarcasm?

Bud Luster
08-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Who gives a fuck anyway. Get the fuck over it. Are you guys going to cream your fucking jeans if you see Thomas or Guy's face? Busy P posts pics of them on his blog for fuck sake:

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/08/01/busy-ps-daft-punk-tour-blog

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/08/06/busy-ps-daft-punk-tour-blog-daftapalooza

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Who gives a fuck anyway. Get the fuck over it. Are you guys going to cream your fucking jeans if you see Thomas or Guy's face? Busy P posts pics of them on his blog for fuck sake:

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/08/01/busy-ps-daft-punk-tour-blog

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/08/06/busy-ps-daft-punk-tour-blog-daftapalooza

Did we not mention this like over an hour ago?

Bud Luster
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Did we not mention this like over an hour ago? I guess so...

If they dont want people to recognize them, maybe they should go work at fucking 7/11 or Radio Shack. They're good with electronics, they could probably sell the shit out of some cell phone accesories.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Or the Geek Squad at that.

malcolmjamalawesome
08-21-2007, 02:35 PM
LASER SUITS.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Tron suits.

malcolmjamalawesome
08-21-2007, 02:40 PM

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 02:41 PM
BALLIN.

malcolmjamalawesome
08-21-2007, 02:51 PM
How about this one? Does it scream 16 year old girl?

TheQuiz
08-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the Daft Punk at Coachella video that they stream on google video. I just found out about this newer version with crowd shots and picture in picture shots and flashing pictures. Alot diffrent from the DVD that I have which first came out a long time ago.
Any help would be apreciated.

I am just made that I just found out about this. I have only watched my other Daft Punk at Coachella DVD about 99,999X!

malcolmjamalawesome
08-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the Daft Punk at Coachella video that they stream on google video. I just found out about this newer version with crowd shots and picture in picture shots and flashing pictures. Alot diffrent from the DVD that I have which first came out a long time ago.
Any help would be apreciated.

I am just made that I just found out about this. I have only watched my other Daft Punk at Coachella DVD about 99,999X!

I found it in my soul.

The Daft Radiohead Punk
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
For those of you not attending Vegoose you can still catch Daft Punk later as they will be playing dates in Australia, Japan, and in Mexico City. As I stated earlier the dvd and cd are being released. There is also a strong possibility of new studio album being released in Fall '08 or Winter '09 but we got some time until that...

Somewhat Damaged
08-21-2007, 06:49 PM
For those of you not attending Vegoose you can still catch Daft Punk later as they will be playing dates in Australia, Japan, and in Mexico City. As I stated earlier the dvd and cd are being released. There is also a strong possibility of new studio album being released in Fall '08 or Winter '09 but we got some time until that...

Fall '08 or Winter '09? That's an awfully big window! Thanks for the heads up, although with the DVD release, that seems to contradict what superfiction has said. Whose insider info should we believe?

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Fall '08 or Winter '09? That's an awfully big window! Thanks for the heads up, although with the DVD release, that seems to contradict what superfiction has said. Whose insider info should we believe?

Psh. Really? I think you need look no further than who the author of this thread is.

signmeup
08-21-2007, 07:54 PM

"And if your head's already spinning from thoughts of that forthcoming Daft Punk live CD (it's no live DVD, but we'll take it), here's something to keep the momentum churning: The Alive 2007 tour document is apparently set for release in November."

Im assuming thats the DVD hes speaking of

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/44892-daft-punks-magical-pyramidspaceship-infiltrated

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 08:54 PM

It's so good to see you on here again. Thanks so much for the info.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 09:01 PM

what did i say?

all i said was they were playing more dates

i dont think i ever said anything about the dvd

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 09:05 PM
No offense to you of any sort, you're of big help too, but just reading TDRP say that makes it so much better.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 09:06 PM
oh i didnt take it offensively i was just curious what he was reffering to

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Okay glad there was no confusion.

signmeup
08-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I think a while ago you said there wouldnt be a DVD or something.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Pitchfork didn't mention anything whatsoever about a DVD except for the fact that none were being planned.

RotationSlimWang
08-21-2007, 09:22 PM

My friend from back home in Jersey is visiting me here in LA on his way out to Osaka Japan and I told him (after showing him the bootlegs) that he MUST go see this show at all costs.

Do you have any idea when the Japan date might be, or in which city, or even just how he could find out when the dates are released?

signmeup
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Pitchfork didn't mention anything whatsoever about a DVD except for the fact that none were being planned.

Yeah I know but that "Tour Document" thing that should be released seems like the most likely thing for him to refer to. I dont know what it is Im just assuming..

I think it would be more likley to be a DVD than something else.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 09:25 PM

oh yeah, i said there were no plans for a dvd of the live show. which at the time there werent.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 09:26 PM
My friend from back home in Jersey is visiting me here in LA on his way out to Osaka Japan and I told him (after showing him the bootlegs) that he MUST go see this show at all costs.

Do you have any idea when the Japan date might be, or in which city, or even just how he could find out when the dates are released?

all the dates are happening before the end of the year

superfiction
08-21-2007, 09:28 PM
and not to triple post, but i wouldnt put it past them to be reffering to a coffee table book or something

Somewhat Damaged
08-21-2007, 09:31 PM

Yeah, that's what I was referencing. And this thread is too long and filled with too many pages of crap for me to be arsed to try and find the post(s).

EDIT: Just read your follow-up post. Didn't realize things had changed in the interim and that you were potentially aware of them (as DRP's post mentioning the DVD was the first "confirmation" of it).

superfiction
08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
yeah, all i said was that currently there were no plans. and it doesnt sound like thats changed

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
and not to triple post, but i wouldnt put it past them to be reffering to a coffee table book or something

That would be sick. My friend has thEE sickest pink floyd coffee table book with never before seen pictures and in depth articles. He randomly found it at a book fair in OB. I think its the only one ever printed. If there was one for daft punk it would be on my coffee table.

Sexecutioner
08-21-2007, 09:40 PM

LOL, like posting their pic in this forum is gonna make the world start recognizing them at mcdonalds. get over yourselves.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER!

Sexecutioner
08-21-2007, 09:44 PM
TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER!

fuck, i dont know what it is, but im easily annoyed tonight.

FICKLE, TRY TO ADD A FEW WORDS TO YOUR 6 WORD VOCAB!! PLEASE??!!

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 09:48 PM

I bet if you did a statistical analysis of fickles posts you would find it fits a normal distribution where such coherent posts are outliers and the mean post is either "word" or "epic". Seriously I think I am going to get an intern to do an analysis of fickle posts.

And by that I have no time on my hands and like math so I might do it.......

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Sorry, but I wont let your idiocy ruin a Daft Punk thread. This isn't a look-at-me-my-name-is-sexecutioner-and-i-dont-know-what-the-fuck-fickle-is-talking-about-so-that-makes-him-a-moron-even-though-im-the-one-being-an-r-tard thread.

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 09:51 PM
im-the-one-being-an-r-tard.

{.}

superfiction
08-21-2007, 09:55 PM
hahaha hostility everywhere

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
{.}

good one.

fober
08-21-2007, 09:57 PM
AND NOW PETER GRIFFIN

Uzy0PjVHnVY

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 10:02 PM
AND NOW PETER GRIFFIN

Uzy0PjVHnVY

Sexecutioner
08-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Sorry, but I wont let your idiocy ruin a Daft Punk thread. This isn't a look-at-me-my-name-is-sexecutioner-and-i-dont-know-what-the-fuck-fickle-is-talking-about-so-that-makes-him-a-moron-even-though-im-the-one-being-an-r-tard thread.

dude, dont you fuckin get it? by making it your mission to reply to every fuckin post, no matter how worthless your reply might be, you are the one that ruins this thread. and you think i dont get it when you say together together? of course i fuckin get it, that doesnt make it any less worthless.

here is the deal, and i think i speak for many when i say this. not all of us have all day to jerk off on the internet like you obviously do. i try to make time to come on here to talk about music with other peeps. but now its pointless because it takes way too long to try to read through threads like this, and that is mostly because of your billion worthless posts. if you would actually wait till you have something interesting to say to make a post, this thread would be at least 100 times better (and shorter) than it is right now. and by better, i mean people could actually come to this thread when they want to talk about daft punk stuff, and read through it as a nice resource for info regarding the band. because of you though, thats pretty impossible now. its not all your fault, but you are the major contributor to the watering down of this thread. sometimes you do post worthwhile stuff, but its few and far between.

dont take it personally man, i dont think you are a retard. i know you mean well, but you are just a kid with way too much time on your hands. like i said in the justice thread, i think you need to get a hobby, one that doesnt involve being on this message board 24/7. it will benefit everyone.

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I like this one....

w9t3YQlMcjQ

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 10:05 PM
dude, dont you fuckin get it? by making it your mission to reply to every fuckin post, no matter how worthless your reply might be, you are the one that ruins this thread. and you think i dont get it when you say together together? of course i fuckin get it, that doesnt make it any less worthless.

here is the deal, and i think i speak for many when i say this. not all of us have all day to jerk off on the internet like you obviously do. i try to make time to come on here to talk about music with other peeps. but now its pointless because it takes way too long to try to read through threads like this, and that is mostly because of your billion worthless posts. if you would actually wait till you have something interesting to say to make a post, this thread would be at least 100 times better (and shorter) than it is right now. and by better, i mean people could actually come to this thread when they want to talk about daft punk stuff, and read through it as a nice resource for info regarding the band. because of you though, thats pretty impossible now. its not all your fault, but you are the major contributor to the watering down of this thread. sometimes you do post worthwhile stuff, but its few and far between.

dont take it personally man, i dont think you are a retard. i know you mean well, but you are just a kid with way too much time on your hands. like i said in the justice thread, i think you need to get a hobby, one that doesnt involve being on this message board 24/7. it will benefit everyone.

cant wait for school to start.

ficklecycle

And you consider trying to prove your point by trying to make someone else's opinion sound stupid a contribution?

And why was my post worthless? Because I posted lyrics to a song that I enjoyed and tried steering off your little bitch rant back onto the topic of Daft Punk?

I had no idea inserting the lyrics from a track Thomas Bangalter did, had nothing to do with Daft Punk.

superfiction
haha thats so random

Sexecutioner
08-21-2007, 10:21 PM
And you consider trying to prove your point by trying to make someone else's opinion sound stupid a contribution?

And why was my post worthless? Because I posted lyrics to a song that I enjoyed and tried steering off your little bitch rant back onto the topic of Daft Punk?

I had no idea inserting the lyrics from a track Thomas Bangalter did, had nothing to do with Daft Punk.

you are right that i am also littering the thread by arguing. ive been thinking about saying something for a while, but never really did cuz of that exact point. i guess i figured that with one good post explaining the problem though, that i could stop more littering of this thread in the future. i guess i was wrong. never mind dude. if you dont get what i was trying to say, i dont really want to spend any more time arguing about it. i was trying to be nice about it. i thought you were smart enough to take the constructive criticism i was giving you and turn it into something positive, but i was wrong about that too. see ya.

ps. can somebody shoot me a pm if any interesting information about daft punk actually comes up. :)

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 10:23 PM
ps. can somebody shoot me a pm if any interesting information about daft punk actually comes up. :)

Your request will be buried in ficklecycle/crazzz/BROKENDOLL bullshit in 36 hours. No one will ever read it again.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 10:24 PM
i like chocolate

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 10:25 PM
i like chocolate

gtfo, superfiction.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 10:50 PM
haha :)

crazzz2007
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Your request will be buried in ficklecycle/crazzz/BROKENDOLL bullshit in 36 hours. No one will ever read it again.

gtfo, superfiction.

go get 'em Mr. Moderator.

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 11:29 PM
So uh Daft Punk?

rage patton
08-21-2007, 11:36 PM
i am. i keep forgetting to buy tickets. i had all my stuff set up to buy it and my comp crashed so i gotta get on that in the next few days

Good to hear. You going to both days, or just Saturday? It sounds like you had a blast at the Lollapalooza show. Do you think this show has potential to be as good, if not better?
Also, are you still looking for a hotel? or do you have that booked already?

superfiction
08-21-2007, 11:43 PM
i found a 2.5 star that was really close that was like 60 bucks a night i was thinking of just hitting that for 2 nights and flying out early morning after the show.

and i hope so. i think they excel in outdoor venues with large crowds. hopefully they go on late enough that its dark. and hopefully theres an afterparty haha

rage patton
08-21-2007, 11:48 PM
They will for sure be closing out the Stadium (main stage) I heard it gets dark around 6:30 there anyways. So no worry about them playing when its dark. Oh, and by the way, the stadium has no roof. So it is still an outdoor show.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 11:49 PM
i just enjoy the huge crowds. and the sky. yeahh the sky :) it makes it...for lack of a better word. epic. haha

rage patton
08-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Fickle will be so proud of you.

superfiction
08-21-2007, 11:53 PM
im a little dissapointed in myself to be hoenst

ficklecycle
08-21-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm over it.

HAS ANYONE HEARD DIPLO'S SONG WORK IS NEVER OVER?

BROKENDOLL
08-22-2007, 12:28 AM

dont take it personally man, i dont think you are a retard. i know you mean well, but you are just a kid with way too much time on your hands. like i said in the justice thread, i think you need to get a hobby, one that doesnt involve being on this message board 24/7. it will benefit everyone. Daaamn...and he doesn't even abuse the use of elephants!!!

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 12:36 AM

superfiction
08-22-2007, 12:39 AM
YEAH ITS BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE

signmeup
08-22-2007, 01:32 AM

Yeah I thought about the possibility of a book too and now that I rethink it, it makes just as much sense...DJ Falcon anyone? It was a little odd that he would just decide to tour with them with out actually DJing at all. And he took A LOT of fucking pictures...

Now a book sounds just as awesome as a DVD!

brando4n82
08-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Ok everyone. I've been thinking. I was listening to Digital Love this morning, and I realized why it did not make the setlist. It just doesnt fit. They could definately use the main riff, but i can't see them doing much with that song live, maybe throw in the solo and tweak it, but no vocals.

While I am on the subject. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG/SECTION FROM THE LIVE SHOW?

For me it is the breakdown after One More Time with "Don't Forget About the World." That part is just simply Hypnotizing. I LOVE IT!

Wheres the beef?
08-22-2007, 07:32 AM
The transition from Robot Rock to Oh Yeah.

superfiction
08-22-2007, 07:33 AM
DJ Falcon anyone? It was a little odd that he would just decide to tour with them with out actually DJing at all. .

it seems like they just brought a lot of their friends out on the tour with them because they could though. and just called them crew haha but yeah im rootin for the book

superfiction
08-22-2007, 07:34 AM
O

While I am on the subject. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG/SECTION FROM THE LIVE SHOW?

rollin and scratchin is fucking huge

and da funk is great too....and alive....

the homework stuff just comes off heavy live

daftmonkey64
08-22-2007, 07:40 AM
steam machine to around the world

CSebastian
08-22-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm over it.

Yes, it definitely goes well if mashed up with another song.. i did one in the middle of my mix..

here:
www.ampcreative.net/cs/caesarsebastian_svelte.mp3

just right click & save
MAC: Control + Click Save As, or Download

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/5319/48308886438153afa861ei3.jpg

-Hello CS
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caesarsebastian

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 10:50 AM
YEAH ITS BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE

Nobody here mentioned it though so I decided to put it out there.

As for favorite live segment, it's no doubt the Superheroes vs Human After All vs Rock'n'Roll remix.

brando4n82
08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Nobody here mentioned it though so I decided to put it out there. .

soo what's the deal? is it even good? post a liiiink

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I was too lazy to search for it so I bought it off iTunes when it came out.

I'm sure it's on a torrent site. It's from Diplo's iTunes EP.

xleslie
08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
soo what's the deal? is it even good? post a liiiink

http://www.zshare.net/audio/22776339349845/

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Well there ya go, Leslie acting on the job.

rage patton
08-22-2007, 11:45 AM
My favoritewould have to be One More Time/Aerodynamic or Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger/Face To Face.

Honourable mentions to HBFS/Around the World and Rollin & Scratchin/Prime Time of Your Life

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 11:48 AM
The HBFS/ATW is my second favorite. Third of course is the encore.

brando4n82
08-22-2007, 11:48 AM
My favoritewould have to be One More Time/Aerodynamic or Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger/Face To Face.

Honourable mentions to HBFS/Around the World and Rollin & Scratchin/Prime Time of Your Life

the Rollin & Scratchin/Prime Time part is Baller!

you left out dont forget about the world though!

Also, thanks for the upload leslie. ill have to check it out when i get off work.

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
the Rollin & Scratchin/Prime Time part is Baller!

you left out dont forget about the world though!

Also, thanks for the upload leslie. ill have to check it out when i get off work.

It's just Forget About The World.

brando4n82
08-22-2007, 12:08 PM
It's just Forget About The World.

OK so i had to go ahead and look this up. The original song is called Forget about the World. BUT, the Daft Punk remix is called Don't Forget About the World. I feel a bit out of place seeing as you're the one that told me the name yestarday hahah

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I told you it was Forget About The World.

On the Daft site, it's called DP DONT FORGET THE WORLD.

Now I'm confused haha.

brando4n82
08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
I told you it was Forget About The World.

On the Daft site, it's called DP DONT FORGET THE WORLD.

Now I'm confused haha.

well at least we're in the same boat

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Well at least we like the song! Haha oh well.

HunterGather
08-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Isn't it "Forget About The World" Daft Punk Remix by Gabrielle, which is on Musique Vol.1 ?
(the title that is, not that I don't know the song).

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Isn't it "Forget About The World" Daft Punk Remix by Gabrielle, which is on Musique Vol.1 ?
(the title that is, not that I don't know the song).

On the site for Musiqe, it's titled Gabrielle Forget About The World (DP Forget The World Mix).

HunterGather
08-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah, you got it. I don't have my copy of Musique within arm-reaching distance.
Anyhoo, love the track.

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Did anyone download Diplo's track? Sick shit.

mistdevil
08-22-2007, 02:09 PM
send it to me on aim later.

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Fa sho.

Robototron
08-22-2007, 03:38 PM
The name of the Gabrielle remix is either "Don't Forget About The World (Daft Punk Mix)" or "Forget About The World (Daft Punk 'Don't Forget About The World' Mix)" or some variation of those, depending on what release you have.

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm officially over the name. Either way, it's an amazing mix.

brando4n82
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
The name of the Gabrielle remix is either "Don't Forget About The World (Daft Punk Mix)" or "Forget About The World (Daft Punk 'Don't Forget About The World' Mix)" or some variation of those, depending on what release you have.

Good to know!

ficklecycle
08-22-2007, 04:19 PM
HIP HOP TECHNO JUNGLE HOUSE!

number9
08-23-2007, 01:01 AM
or are we in it TOGETHER?

signmeup
08-23-2007, 03:04 AM
HFBS/face to face always gives me crazy goosebumps since the first time i heard it on the coachella bootleg and listened to that part lilke 10 times in a row. Also the peak of Rollin and Scratchin gets me everytime, as well as everything fucking else!

favorite tweak though, dunno why but the first time I heard this on the belfort bootleg i freaked out because it was so awesome. Out of all the shows ive seen/bootlegs ive heard the closest to it was at Red Rocks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLdIcpvB5Gg

(right at the end)
(i dont know how to embed:confused: )
(its more intense on the bootleg [and turned up really loud] than the video, sorry)

Oh, and of course..
"FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT"

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Big woop. JK.

Fuck, slow night I see.

gabdex
08-23-2007, 09:38 AM
again, I hate that bear...

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 01:32 PM
What's going on here? Nothing at all? Nothing new whatsoever. What's going on? Any rumors? Daft Punk in L.A. again?! ANYTHING?!

Ill_Eagle
08-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Let it die.

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 02:34 PM
No. It will never die.

crazzz2007
08-23-2007, 02:44 PM
No. It will never die.

hey fickle, you're doing it again. please stop.

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Okay okay I will. I'll wait for some real news I guess.

suprefan
08-23-2007, 06:30 PM
they are actually robots, ok theres the news.

Somewhat Damaged
08-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Wait, what do you mean?

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
they are actually robots, ok theres the news.

As if we didn't know...

psychic friend
08-24-2007, 11:05 AM
http://www.ledeffects.com/installations/helmets.htm

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Note - These helmets are NOT available for purchase and cannot be sold to the general public due to copyright issues.

Fuck that.

shakermaker113
08-24-2007, 11:26 AM
hey they changed it -- it used to say $65,000 plus licensing fees.

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I guess the licensing fees are required from Daft, but no way you could get them.

shakermaker113
08-24-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm guessing someone tried to purchase one since that link was last posted here.

signmeup
08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Daft Punk Fun Fact #213

Thomas Bangalter was at Coachella last year.

At Anthem Magazine's crazy Coachella mansion pool party last year, DJ duties were handed off between A-Trak, Kid Sister, Flosstradaumaus, and of course the Ed Banger Crew, among others....At one point during the day, Thomas Bangalter took over the turntables for a 15 minute set opening with "Daft Punk is Playing at my House".

signmeup
08-24-2007, 11:43 AM
ps.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3265537359db8a/

courtesy of nightfacilities from the Erol Alkan forum

(he made it)

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I would too.

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 11:45 AM
ps.

(he made it)

AWESOME FIND!

darthlaker
08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Thought this was Hi Larry Us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQVEPFzkhaM

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Such a classic. So good though.

HunterGather
08-24-2007, 02:44 PM
ooh, for what it is, it's pretty good. Guess he can't make a perfect re-creation without the other isolated tracks and such.
But good find :D

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm interested in where he got the first part.

xleslie
08-24-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm interested in where he got the first part.

i'm pretty sure he looped a cut of "life" from the song "prime time of your life"

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
What about the drumming and bass?

HunterGather
08-24-2007, 02:59 PM
He probly re did the bass/drums himself.
Quite easy to do in programs like Ableton live and such.

xleslie
08-24-2007, 02:59 PM
What about the drumming and bass?

sounds like it's from "human after all"

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah it doesn't sound like the exact version they use live but that's probably how he did it.

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM
sounds like it's from "human after all"

Not too sure if he ripped it off straight from the track though. I highly doubt that but I think that is what Daft Punk might have done.

HunterGather
08-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Does anyone have a copy of TOGETHER that can be put up to download? :)

xleslie
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/26160909dacd65/

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm uploading it. Give me a few.

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Fuck it.

malcolmjamalawesome
08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
This thread feels that Trance is Dead.

mistdevil
08-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Trance died a while ago.

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Dave Wang?

Wheres the beef?
08-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Good think daft punk isnt trance.

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 04:03 PM
If they were, Trance wouldn't be dead.

crazzz2007
08-24-2007, 04:12 PM
If they were, Trance wouldn't be dead.

yes it would.

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Okay fine. Trance deserves to be dead anyways.

Crazzz, did you listen to the Night Facalities track posted here a page or two back?

brando4n82
08-24-2007, 04:16 PM
yes it would.

lol

agreed

crazzz2007
08-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Crazzz, did you listen to the Night Facalities track posted here a page or two back?

yes i did. very cool.

this was from some coachella after-party?

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Not too sure didn't look into it just did the DL and such.

xleslie
08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Night Facalities, a poster on the Erol board, made the track him/her-self...pretty sure just for fun.

fober
08-24-2007, 05:07 PM
It's home made. Very well I might add.

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah for a home made track it's REALLY GOOD. Way better than anything I could've done.

HunterGather
08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
If I had the acapella for Human After All..or at least just the HUMAN without the music...along with the acapella for ONE MORE TIME, I could prolly do a good re-credation as well. Of course, the drums and bass and such elements I'd have to make, but yeah.......

I can't wait for that official CD to come out!!

ficklecycle
08-24-2007, 08:06 PM
We should form a giant Acapella group for Coachella 08 and just do a bunch of Daft songs.

Wheres the beef?
08-24-2007, 10:41 PM
We should form a giant Acapella group for Coachella 08 and just do a bunch of Daft songs.

Are you talking about effort? Cause I dont do "effort". This might be an exception though.

rage patton
08-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I've been gone at work the last few hours... what happened to all the pointless Daft Punk and Justice threads?

superfiction
08-24-2007, 11:45 PM
ps.

(he made it)

thats most impressive actually.

ficklecycle
08-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Are you talking about effort? Cause I dont do "effort". This might be an exception though.

I'm down. I really am.

HunterGather
08-25-2007, 06:25 AM
These videos remind me of the Daft Punk shows I went to.
I was surrounded by hipsters. No offense to any hipsters! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAO4EVMlpwM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNTs7thH3MQ

ficklecycle
08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
They were everywhere.

HunterGather
08-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Dunno if this was posted, but found a boot' of the Red Rock Festival show.

It's pretty good quality, with full encore. Throughout, it can get a little bassy and distorted, but overall its O-K. Don't expect too much.

If anyones interested:
http://live-bootleg.blogspot.com/2007/08/daft-punk-around-world-in-2007-stage-1.html

ficklecycle
08-25-2007, 10:04 AM
It's something, and going on my iPod. Thanks.

signmeup
08-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah Ive had that for a while, it be really nice if the bass wasnt so fucked at times.

Wheres the beef?
08-25-2007, 11:03 AM
These videos remind me of the Daft Punk shows I went to.
I was surrounded by hipsters. No offense to any hipsters! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAO4EVMlpwM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNTs7thH3MQ

ahahahahah hipsters

Bosco
08-25-2007, 08:00 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/bosco40986/daftencoreap8.gif

superfiction
08-25-2007, 08:26 PM
noiice

ficklecycle
08-25-2007, 10:27 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/bosco40986/daftencoreap8.gif

Thanks.

rage patton
08-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Bosco, not gonna lie, that is sweet.

Wheres the beef?
08-26-2007, 12:53 AM
I just ran into a long time friend who was my best friend through high school who havent seen since college (5 yrs). Me and him used to be way big on EDM but he doesnt know about daft punk. Im going to show him whats up next week with the DP dvd shot by suprefan next weekend. And then after its over basically tell him hes going to vegoose.

Wheres the beef?
08-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Jesus Christ watching this is making me possessed. Im fully dancing in my chair. Is this happening to anyone else?

Wheres the beef?
08-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Ok Daft Punk Not at Coachella but playing US... I need your help.

This kinda got me to thinking as One More Time came on.

(imagine you have been in a cave the last 28 months and know nothing of the epicness of daft punk but really like EDM music (see Tiesto)), would you recommend:

1. Watch the entire Berkeley show "as-is" as suprefan filmed it, granted for me I was there and shrooming so, for me to show it to anybody else really just wont hold the same weight as it does with me. But since its a great shot I think it really shows "what could be".

2. Watch the alive at hyde park shots first then watch the "berkeley show". I think since these are professionally done they show what the whole stage is really made of and lend a certain sense of aweness and perspective on the whole thing. But it gives alot away that would take you a while to get into if you watched the show up front in the surpefan dvd.

So my question is this: I am going to show this guy what daft punk is all about. Should I show him "hyde park" before Berkeley or not?

drunk when I wrote this so fuck you spelling nazis

signmeup
08-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Jesus Christ watching this is making me possessed. Im fully dancing in my chair. Is this happening to anyone else?

Oh you better believe it!

Wheres the beef?
08-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Oh you better believe it!

please. lets get down to business. answer my question.

superfiction
08-26-2007, 02:23 AM
hyde park man

signmeup
08-26-2007, 02:36 AM
dont show him anything and just be like "GO!" so when he goes his head will explode from sheer awesomeness!

anyways im too lazy and tired to search but anyone got a link for decent (not youtube) quality downloads of those hyde park vids or something?

would be much appreciated. thanks.

Wheres the beef?
08-26-2007, 03:00 AM
dont show him anything and just be like "GO!" so when he goes his head will explode from sheer awesomeness!

anyways im too lazy and tired to search but anyone got a link for decent (not youtube) quality downloads of those hyde park vids or something?

would be much appreciated. thanks.

dude just save yourself the trouble and get the DVD from themixingbowl.com.

bedtime.

shakermaker113
08-26-2007, 09:46 AM

was this summer your first time? you're describing me a few months after coachella. that's the feeling that almost bought me a plane ticket to florida... thank god they toured more this year.

1. Watch the entire Berkeley show "as-is" ...

2. Watch the alive at hyde park shots first then watch the "berkeley show" ...

if there's any chance of him going to see them in person, don't spoil it with second hand footage. I'd suggest playing the coachella bootleg, and taking him to vegoose. that's what I did w/ the LA and berkeley shows. :-)

the hyde park shots aren't that great. they are pro-shot, but some professionals are not good.

having said that, if you're going to show him video that's probably the better choice. the berkeley footage is more for people who were there, methinks... I never showed the coachella dvd to anyone that wasn't there. the bootleg, on the other hand, got played to a LOT of people, all of whom thoroughly enjoyed it.

oh, and if you do decide to show him the wireless footage, do yourself a favor and download the dvd from purelivegigs (http://www.purelivegigs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5437&page=2&pp=10&highlight=daft+punk#post45104). don't use youtube.

brando4n82
08-26-2007, 10:42 AM
do yourself a favor and download the dvd from purelivegigs (http://www.purelivegigs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5437&page=2&pp=10&highlight=daft+punk#post45104). don't use youtube.

where is the download link? do i have to be a member?

ficklecycle
08-26-2007, 11:08 AM
It's at the bottom of the first post on that thread.

& yea you have to be a member.

bohrdoms
08-26-2007, 12:20 PM
hey, a coworker sent me some youtube of some Phish shows he went to backn when, cool. so i need to show him what a real audio light show that i've been to - what's some of the best youtube clips of the coachella event?

thanks

and this thread is impossible to stay up on... did any good audio bootlegs from the tour surface? particularly LA?

thanks again

Wheres the beef?
08-26-2007, 01:41 PM
where is the download link? do i have to be a member?

I found a dvd of it at the mixing bowl. yes you have to be a member and its free to everyone.

HunterGather
08-27-2007, 04:38 AM
These would have been cool to wear at a Daft show :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd99gyE4jCk

shakermaker113
08-27-2007, 09:37 AM
look! some actual news. from pitchfork (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/45167-daft-punk-live-album-details-revealed).

Sure, the title alone probably won't inspire much desire to hit the dance floor. But, much like the show from whence it comes, Daft Punk's forthcoming live album Daft Punk Alive 2007 has considered just about every other detail in the pursuit of the boogie, short of the thing coming with a DVD.

Although it has yet to be confirmed, Spin.com reports that the disc will be released November 20 in America, and will collect 27 tunes (32, should you opt for the bonus encore disc) recorded live in Paris this summer. The hits-laden set also comes with the previously reported Olivier Gondry-directed, fan-filmed video for "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger", as well as a 50-page "digi-book" featuring photos from the tour. Ah, memories.

Daft Punk have added a few shows to their 2007 itinerary, which, as you know, includes a set October 27 at Las Vegas' Vegoose festival. They'll hit Japan for three shows in December-- Osaka on December 6 and Tokyo on December 8 and 9.

Disc 1:

01 Robot Rock
02 Oh Yeah
03 Touch It
04 Technologic
05 Television Rules the Nation
06 Crescendolls
07 Too Long
08 Steam Machine
09 Around the World
10 Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
11 Burnin'
12 Too Long
13 Face to Face
14 Short Circuit
15 One More Time
16 Aerodynamic
17 Aerodynamic Beats
18 Forget About the World
19 Prime Time of Your Life
20 Brainwasher
21 Rollin' and Scratchin'
22 Alive
23 Da Funk
24 Daftendirekt
25 Superheroes
26 Human After All
27 Rock'N'Roll

Disc 2:

01 Human
02 Together
03 One More Time (Reprise)
04 Sounds Better With You
05 Stardust (Instrumental)

when did those japan dates in december get confirmed? they aren't up on the myspace.

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Press release? Most likely.

HunterGather
08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Let's not forget about BILLBOARD.com!! for further/alternate reading...

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003631538

---------------------
"For one, despite the overwhelming visual aspect of the recent tour, there will not be a live DVD to accompany "Alive 2007." ("That's the way we want to leave it right now," Bangalter says)."
-------------------

Hmmm....while my initial reaction was FUCK!!!!!....I am so confident a DVD will come out EVENTUALLY...Thomas even says "...for now".

A dvd will come out within a year after the CD comes out. It has to. I have to believe that :D

But I can't wait for the CD!!

curtains
08-27-2007, 10:08 AM
one more time. (http://www.spin.com/features/news/2007/08/070824_daftpunk_brighteyes/)

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah that's where Pitchfork got the info.

HunterGather
08-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Since they are seperating all the tracks, why doesn't the Close Encounters/Huma-Robot intro have its own track?!?!?! :D:D

shakermaker113
08-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Let's not forget about BILLBOARD.com!! for further/alternate reading...

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003631538

Based on Billboard estimates, the brief run grossed in the neighborhood of $3 million and played to more than 60,000 fans. "We easily could have done multiples in some of these markets. We really underplayed," the group's agent, John Pleeter of CAA, tells Billboard. "The philosophy behind it, in as far as the show goes, was to tease the marketplaces and leave people wanting more."

$3 million! I guess the rumors of $300,000 per show were more or less accurate then.

and as far as their philosophy of leaving people wanting more, they succeeded.

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Since they are seperating all the tracks, why doesn't the Close Encounters/Huma-Robot intro have its own track?!?!?! :D:D

Intro foo.

HunterGather
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes.
The intro. It should have its own track!

PineapplePete
08-27-2007, 10:49 AM
k so...i've seached through the past five or so pages and i havent been able to find any live bootlegs of daft punk...in LA or anywhere else. so can someone plz help me out?

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Footy or Audy?

PineapplePete
08-27-2007, 10:52 AM
either.

gaypalmsprings
08-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Any Mexicans gonna see Daft Punk on Oct 31, 2007?

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/halloween-masks-daft-punk-playing-mexico-city-october-31-live-album-deatils/

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm Mexican. If only I had Mexican powers to get the money and go after Vegoose. Oh well.

gaypalmsprings
08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm Mexican. If only I had Mexican powers to get the money and go after Vegoose. Oh well.

Ship lots of dresses & make $$.

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 11:00 AM
They don't need my help anymore :/

smokealotapotamus
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
FBr524HaaCU&NR
Thought this was kinda cool.

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I love that footage. I've had it for a while now and watch it like every day.

I have the rest of it though.

HunterGather
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
The bald kid in the back always makes me laugh.

shakermaker113
08-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Any Mexicans gonna see Daft Punk on Oct 31, 2007?

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/halloween-masks-daft-punk-playing-mexico-city-october-31-live-album-deatils/

I wonder how 'confirmed' this is, since it wasn't mentioned in any of the other reports, while the japan dates that pitchfork mentioned are strangely missing from the daily swarm article.

hmmmm.

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Think about the fact that they have their own sites reporting shit so maybe that's the reason it didn't surface here too much.

airguitarvet
08-27-2007, 12:31 PM
human after allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

superfiction
08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I wonder how 'confirmed' this is, since it wasn't mentioned in any of the other reports, while the japan dates that pitchfork mentioned are strangely missing from the daily swarm article.

hmmmm.

it is.

shakermaker113
08-27-2007, 04:54 PM
it is.

oh. superfiction confirms it.

on another note, I wonder who will be opening on these new dates. (and I'm not talking about s&k). they've had an good set so far -- klaxons, ratatat, the rapture. if you count festivals you'd have to throw in lcd soundsystem and soulwax as well. who opened on the other european dates?

gaypalmsprings
08-27-2007, 05:21 PM
more Daft dates confirmed

http://www.last.fm/music/Daft+Punk/+events

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I wish we coulda seen the Klaxons open for them too.

Trick Loves The Kids
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
would somebody be kind enough to burn the videos from berkeley to a DVD and mail it to me? my internet situation sucks and i'm afraid the shit will go down before i can download it. i'll paypal you for your trouble if you want.

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 06:17 PM
The ones that Chris took? I can do that.

PM me.

Robototron
08-27-2007, 07:21 PM
I wish we coulda seen the Klaxons open for them.

They would've been better than Ratatat, but they're not nearly as fun live as The Rapture.

I think Digitalism opened for them in Berlin (or another German city).

J~$$$
08-27-2007, 07:27 PM
The bald kid in the back always makes me laugh.

Isnt the bald kid in the video the other half?

deftonepuma
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I have a strong feeling that the Close Encounters intro will not be on the Alive 2007 CD due to copyright issues/royalty fees. If anything it wouldn't be titled "Close Encounters intro"..that probably costs an extra few dollars. This is just me piecing together info all over the internet and likely speculation, call me Daft Radiohead Puma.

shakermaker113
08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I was quite happy with ratatat. didn't show up early enough to see the rapture. (curse you early shows). and actually, thinking back to the klaxons show I saw, I was quite disappointed. I loved their album, until that night. still, at the time I thought it was cool that daft had them as an opener.

ficklecycle
08-27-2007, 09:44 PM
I loved Ratatat they were amazing as always. Perfect way to start it.

superfiction
08-27-2007, 11:58 PM
oh. superfiction confirms it.

blow me.

HunterGather
08-28-2007, 04:56 AM
I have a strong feeling that the Close Encounters intro will not be on the Alive 2007 CD due to copyright issues/royalty fees. If anything it wouldn't be titled "Close Encounters intro"..that probably costs an extra few dollars. This is just me piecing together info all over the internet and likely speculation, call me Daft Radiohead Puma.

I was thinking that too, but hopefully the HUMAN/ROBOT part is still there.
I'm sure it is, but I just figured since they are sepearating all the tracks, the intro should be it own...

HunterGather
08-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Isnt the bald kid in the video the other half?

The other half of Daft? No.
Guy Man is mostly not seen in that clip, but he's there...

ficklecycle
08-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Does anyone have any other old school vids?

superfiction
08-29-2007, 12:02 AM
They would've been better than Ratatat, but they're not nearly as fun live as The Rapture.

I think Digitalism opened for them in Berlin (or another German city).

istanbul. i was at that show

ficklecycle
08-29-2007, 12:03 AM
That must've been EPIC.

superfiction
08-29-2007, 12:08 AM
i gotta say it was pretty sick. the venue was right on the water too, outdoor. i was bummed they didnt bring digitalism wiht them to the states, or justice. im jsut not a fan of dance bands like the rapture, ratatat or klaxons...or lcd....i could go on haha

mistdevil
08-29-2007, 12:34 AM
haha naming all the dance-punk bands.

HunterGather
08-29-2007, 04:27 AM
Rapture is a poor mans LCD.
However, I dig them live :D

signmeup
08-29-2007, 03:16 PM
the Rapture sounded terrible in Seattle but were a little bit better in Denver, still not a fan though. I wouldve taken the Klaxons or Ratatat oveer the rapture any day.