PDA

View Full Version : Daft Punk...Not at Coachella but Playing US

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RotationSlimWang
07-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Daft Punk show at Lolla will be the same as every show on this tour they play for an hour and a half.

I'm half tempted to agree, but I'm willing to bet that the demand for DP at EVERY festival going on this summer was so high that they will be getting paid a great deal more than the 350k per Alive 2007 tour performance at Lolla. I'm not an authority on the matter of course--hey PF, am I completely off the mark here? Do bands get a bigger check playing a big festival like Coach or Lolla than they would playing their own shows? It's almost hard to tell, 'cause on one hand you have the much higher attendance of a festival and the need of a festival to pull the big, big attractions (of which DP has to be one of the largest at this moment in time, all because of Coachella), but on the other hand you have DP pulling in, what, 20 or so thousand people on their own at the Sports Arena?

Please straighten me out where I need straightening anyone who's an authority on these matters.

Nonetheless, I suspect that Lolla will be a big more of a spectacle, although I definitely wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did the Sports Arena I think. Our seats were fucking perfect, we could see everything with no assholes's heads in our way or people bumping into us, and dead center so the sound quality was perfect. I'm glad I saw them there rather than at a festival. Unless, of course, it was Coachella. But still, being jam packed into a huge crowd really inhibits my enjoyment of a show like DP.

crazzz2007
07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Sir, first of all I can't thank you enough for being part of the Coachella bootleg team. Without that video I might never have gone tonight and would have missed out on the event of the season, excluding Coach itself of course.

But when I tried to download the DP set from that site (which I've been dying to every since it came out on youtube) it requested a login. Is this an invite site or just free reg? Anybody know? I suppose I could have investigated further, actually.

Also, in regards to the possibility of Daft playing again in 08, well... I can understand both sides of the argument. Repeating a band after only a year's break in between is generally out of the Coachella convention, although they have done it in a few notable exceptions (Arcade Fire being an example, although they were a bump up from a sunset Outdoor Stage to a sunset Main Stage and rightly so). It makes total sense for DP to have played Lolla this year as that is the second best festival going I think (too many hippies and too large of a crowd for the headliners takes Bonnaroo out of the top spots for me despite its higher attendance, although I haven't been to Lolla or Bon, admittedly). Especially when you consider that following the insane popularity DP gained from that one legendary Coach set (WHICH I FUCKING MISSED, GODDAMMIT), it seems like it might be feasible for DP and GV as well to bend their standard protocal of giving acts at least more than one year inbetween repeat performances.

I know everyone on this board was clamoring for DP to play again this year, and lord knows I would have killed for that to happen, but it is understandably too repetitive. But I'm really holding out hope that Coach 08 will feature Portishead, Radiohead, and Daft Punk coming back after only a year absence as a sort of tribute to how much that insanely brilliant Coachella unveiling did to enhance both their careers and Coachella's majesty.

DP in 08, because we all deserve it--the fans, GV, and DP as well. This time give them all the money it would take to outdo their Lolla show, which I'm assuming will probably be a better spectacle than any of the others given that their asking price must have been substantially higher than any of their solo gigs. But that's just assumption on my part. How long of a set are they playing at Lolla, actually?

Robots touched me as deeply as any humanity ever has, which might say something horrible about me, but it's true. Portishead, Radiohead, and Daft motherfucking Punk in 08, please. Make my dreams come true.

you missed DP at Coachella? i didn't know that. you were so excited about the LA show that I assumed you MUST have seen them at Coachella. I can honestly say that while the LA show was technically better, nothing will ever top the Coachella appearance.

About lolla, I'm pretty sure they will play the exact same set you saw in LA, with maybe a couple of MINOR differences. They will not play a longer set. It will not be better technically. It can't be better technically, since it will be in a tent or outdoors. There is no way they can duplicate the awesomeness of those lights encircling the entire Sports Arena. That was fucking awesome.

RotationSlimWang
07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Oh I wasn't saying that the music would be changed at all, far from it. If anything--and I say this not being positive on whether they're schedule for an hour or an hour and a half or what, but I'd expect the exact same tracklist, but possibly some more impressive lighting/theatrics. And really the lightning scheme is just an incredibly big part of the show for me now that I've seen them--there's few concerts I can ever think of, with Floyd's P.U.L.S.E. DVD being the only competition--that create such an intense combination of audio and visual... ASSAULT. I've said that a few times already since the show, but that's exactly what it felt like to me, like Daft Punk was just bombarding my ass with every kind of stimuli known to man.

And yes, I sadly missed them at Coachella, and as soon as I signed on the board back in February I realized I had made a huge error. My campmates had gotten pissed off at the lack of drugs and the Franz Ferdinand/Depeche Mode option and decided to just go back to camp and smoke weed until they passed out. I went back with them briefly, but then kinda snuck back in (I mean I went through the gate, but there's supposed to be no re-entry, and I just strolled right past the chick like I was supposed to be doing it and she said nothing)... but unfortunately I was coming back in to catch She Wants Revenge who I had a hardon for at the time. Then I left either before or just at the beginning of DP's set.

I was sooooo fucking pissed when I joined this board and then subsequently downloaded the bootleg and DVD and realized what we had missed out on.

Sexecutioner
07-23-2007, 02:55 PM
they might be getting paid more, but that doesnt mean the show will be different or better. i think so much detail goes into putting that show on, that they pretty much have it dialed and arent changing shit, since they have it pretty perfect.

There is no way they can duplicate the awesomeness of those lights encircling the entire Sports Arena. That was fucking awesome.

yea, that part was definitely one of the highlights. ive been wondering if they are going to try do something similar at the outdoor venues, but cant see how they possibly could. at least not exactly the same...they might be able to rig up some kind of lights on the sides or back of the venues though, but depends on the venue i guess.

fober
07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
TOO MUCH TYPING NOT ENOUGH PICTURES

crazzz2007
07-23-2007, 02:59 PM

WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO SEE THEM LIVE

RotationSlimWang
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, there can't be that amazing strip of lights around the floor, granted--this is all assumption of course, as I have no idea what the Lolla setup will be like. But I have to think that Lolla is going to pull out all the stops to try to outdo not just Coachella's performance but also throw as much money as it takes to make THAT set something extra-special on its own to distinguish it from the rest of the tour. Otherwise they'd just be following in Coach's footsteps but not stepping it up at all, and as a promoter who locked down possibly the most in-demand performance of the year I can't imagine allowing DP to do anything less than something extra-special.

Although, fuck--all the DP sets from the Euro festivals were identical to LA's set, so I dunno. But I don't think the Euro festivals they played have as much money to throw around as Lolla. Again, this is all just me talking out of my ass, granted.

Sexecutioner
07-23-2007, 03:08 PM

patience buddy...tonight i will have pics and video.

kajitox
07-23-2007, 03:19 PM
fine fine ill contribute.

*****I'M NOT POSITIVE WHAT COUNTS AS A SPOILER*****

and i apologize i cant make them inline, i am just far too lazy to scale them all down.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020364.JPG

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020384.JPG

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020411.JPG

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020432.JPG

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020437.JPG

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020471.JPG

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020474.JPG

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020491.JPG

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020501.JPG

EDIT: i hope its just my internet connection, but those things are loading fucking slow. and im sorry about that. perhaps later i will scale some down and repost them.

fober
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM

I was at the shows, I want pictures to share with the tards that didn't attend.

THANKS kajitox!

suprefan
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Well how big are the files? I say shrink em down.

I AM SEEING THEM AGAIN ON FRIDAY BITCH, TAKE THAT.

fober
07-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Off-topic, I just updated the Justice thread with a link to the LA Show Ticketmaster page.

Pre-sale this Thursday.

Mr. Dylanja
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
I am not a huge fan of techno or house or whatever genre you may put it in, but despite my lack of interest I must say, DAFT PUNK WAS THE BEST EVER! I also am a firm believer in that a show can only be as good as its crowd. With that said thank you to all the board members who hyped this thing up soooooooooo much that I just had to snag a pair of pre-sale tickets for myself. It truly was one of the rare instances where the actual show outdoes the hype. To all my peeps on the floor with me, WE SHUT SHIT DOWN!! There is not one bad thing I can say about anyone I met, talked with, rolled with or danced with the entire time. I wouldn't have wanted to been anywhere else in the world! Sure, I might be a little bias because I was there but I really think that the LA show will be the best one out of the US tour this year including Lolla. I mean Cali IZ THE place to be right?? And a DP show is something worth dying for, so if you put those two together it really does add up to UTOPIA!

On a depressing side note, when they turned the house lights on I can't remember being that sad in years :(

RotationSlimWang
07-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I am not a huge fan of techno or house or whatever genre you may put it in, but despite my lack of interest I must say, DAFT PUNK WAS THE BEST EVER! (

Agreed. Even though I spent a couple years getting shitbombed at the finest clubs in NY during the peak of the club scene there I still could never really get into House, which DP technically was although seeing them live now they're kinda bending genres a bit, becoming something much more than House which is generally pretty shitty music.

DP and Underworld are still the only EDM acts I've ever seen that actually moved me as much as an actual band--not to discount what EDM musicians do, but I still feel there's a perfectly valid distinction between the two. I'm going to check out Justice now, although I have suspicions that it won't make the leap that DP and Underworld did for me, but I can't very well dismiss the general board consensus after the wonderful thing they did by inundating me with the feeling that I HAD to see DP this tour at all costs.

crazzz2007
07-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Well how big are the files? I say shrink em down.

I AM SEEING THEM AGAIN ON FRIDAY BITCH, TAKE THAT.

my comment wasn't direct at you, moron. are you gonna go stand in line at 8am again? idiot.

crazzz2007
07-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I am not a huge fan of techno or house or whatever genre you may put it in, but despite my lack of interest I must say, DAFT PUNK WAS THE BEST EVER! I also am a firm believer in that a show can only be as good as its crowd. With that said thank you to all the board members who hyped this thing up soooooooooo much that I just had to snag a pair of pre-sale tickets for myself. It truly was one of the rare instances where the actual show outdoes the hype. To all my peeps on the floor with me, WE SHUT SHIT DOWN!! There is not one bad thing I can say about anyone I met, talked with, rolled with or danced with the entire time. I wouldn't have wanted to been anywhere else in the world! Sure, I might be a little bias because I was there but I really think that the LA show will be the best one out of the US tour this year including Lolla. I mean Cali IZ THE place to be right?? And a DP show is something worth dying for, so if you put those two together it really does add up to UTOPIA!

if it was the best ever, then you must be a fan of techno or house or whatever you call it. how can you think something is the best ever, and then say you're not a fan?

Mr. Dylanja
07-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Yo RotoSlim I know you're a big Tool fan (as am I) u gotta checkem out when they get back from Europe. I almost positive they'll play the west coast again, and on this current leg of the tour they also truly hit you with the complete audio and visual ASSUALT as you like to put it. Saw them in Tucson on the Roo, BADASS!

Mr. Dylanja
07-23-2007, 04:01 PM
if it was the best ever, then you must be a fan of techno or house or whatever you call it. how can you think something is the best ever, and then say you're not a fan?

By saying Im not a fan I mean I didn't own any CDs or I couldn't tell you what artist plays what songs or things of that nature. I knew the hits for DP but I did recognize several other DP songs as they were played throughout the night. In saying the BEST EVER I meant it was the most amazing, joyful, happy, fun atmosphere/show I've ever been to. Despite that not being my favorite type of music.

I hope that clarifies even though at times I do contradict myself like my name was Robin Givens.

RotationSlimWang
07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Yo RotoSlim I know you're a big Tool fan (as am I) u gotta checkem out when they get back from Europe. I almost positive they'll play the west coast again, and on this current leg of the tour they also truly hit you with the complete audio and visual ASSUALT as you like to put it. Saw them in Tucson on the Roo, BADASS!

Oh dude, believe me I'm all too aware. Tool is something different entirely... honestly their shows are a spiritual experience for me, all bullshit aside. I, too, am fucking dying for them to announce a couple of LA shows to close out the tour with at the last minute, preferably at the Staples Center just because my buddy Voodoo gets free VIP seats to any show there throw his job.

I saw them three times last year--Coachella, Vegas, and Camden--and would have loved to see them at Bonnaroo but am kinda glad I didn't bother since the set list still hasn't changed that much. Don't get me wrong, I'll take any opportunity to see Tool at a reasonable price (assuming I can get the proper concert accessories, of course), but I'm really praying that if they do schedule some surprise shows in LA to close out this massive tour that they'll switch things up a little bit.

Sorry, but fuck, man, hearing Opiate finally in Vegas was awesome, hearing them for the first time in four years at Coachella was beyond awesome, the Camden venue sucked ass and it was cold and rainy and my e sucked but I didn't even care I was so enamored... but I'd be fairly reluctant to shell out even MORE money I don't have to see the exact same show I saw three times last year, even if it is One Of The Only Two Bands That Matter.

In summation, yes, Tool is definitely a deeper and more significantly moving experience for me, but it's just the total combination of visual and aural bombardment that DP was. Tool never altered my heartbeat, for example--although I could actually feel them stirring the energy inside my body and pulling it towards the stage.

Mr. Dylanja
07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Did u see them last year at The Hardrock Cafe (I was at that one) or this year at the Pearl in The Palms??

RotationSlimWang
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Hard Rock. It was ridiculously convenient, 'cause we got caught in Friday LA to Vegas traffic heading out there--left at like 2:30 pm and were sincerely worried we wouldn't make it there by 9 when Tool was due to come on (at least, I think it was 9). So as soon as we saw The Strip in the distance we started gobbling down pills, and pulled into some parking lot right across the street and just as we were getting out of the car were heard the opening of Stinkfist, and were all like "FUCK IT!!!" and just bolted right across The Strip, weaving inbetween speeding Vegas drivers to haul ass inside.

The sad thing is that when they played Opiate, which was probably in my top three most desired Tool songs to hear in concert, I was one of like twenty people in the crowd who knew the song. Le sigh...

sddoctor
07-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Anybody goin' to Vegoose to see Daft? After this weekend (and coach '06) I need to relive that pure joy of music and life.

I'm still recovering from the weekend in L.A. and that amazing show. Hands down the best show ever! Sebastian and Kavinsky killed it, Ratatat was amazing, and daft just completely blew my mind once again. Being on the floor was one hot and sweaty, blissful time.

Count me in for Vegas. Daft at Vegoose. One More Time

Trick Loves The Kids
07-23-2007, 04:33 PM
stop discussing tool you fucking nerds

RotationSlimWang
07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Quiet yoself, student. Go back to being some smarty-ought motherfucker and let the grownups discuss serious music for a minute. =)

Baby, 'cause I'm a thug.

Mr. Dylanja
07-23-2007, 04:50 PM
LOL, I knew I'd get some slack for switching topics.

crazzz2007
07-23-2007, 05:06 PM
i'm also hoping that tool will have an entirely different set list when they get back to the west coast. i'm sure they will, but you never know.

mistdevil
07-23-2007, 05:38 PM
stop discussing tool you fucking nerds

TRICK DADDY AND Three 6 Mafia should go on tour =0

KenMixtape
07-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Wait, when was Daft Punk added to Vegoose??

suprefan
07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
thanks for the vids, suprefan. much appreciated.

No problem.

So far Suprefan gets my vote for the BoldCaptain Award Of Excellence in the category of making you feel like you were there.

Why thank you, I wanted to show that intensity of being in front even though the view was not entirely ideal, the pan back shots to the crowd I did just would be anyone in that same position I think, seeing all those faces and hands in the air is crazy. I looked back and was just in disbelief. Still though the finale, s**t. I advise anyone who is going to Berkeley TO NOT BE IN THE VERY FRONT. You will not see anything, that stage is like 2 feet higher than the Sports Arena one was.

They are on the initial line up.

KenMixtape
07-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I see, I didn't pay attention to whenever that lineup was announced, and I didn't see anyone discuss it in the DP threads. Now the question is, should I sell my tickets to Red Rocks and just go to Vegas...

suprefan
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
NO, go to both, I mean you will hopefully be able to have the option to buy a single day ticket to Vegoose in about a month, so if they reveal when DP is playing you could just buy that ticket. Its a win win.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I see, I didn't pay attention to whenever that lineup was announced, and I didn't see anyone discuss it in the DP threads. Now the question is, should I sell my tickets to Red Rocks and just go to Vegas...

Do both...I am...

BlueDevil50
07-23-2007, 06:09 PM
whaaaaaaaaaat? hahahhaha my god! i just checked the vegoose site to see that! daft, rage, and muse! my god, im glad i already booked a room at the hilton vacations

ficklecycle
07-23-2007, 06:15 PM
my comment wasn't direct at you, moron. are you gonna go stand in line at 8am again? idiot.

I was there at 7. Lick my ass.

paulb
07-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Vegoose? RATM and Daft Punk? I think I may have to return to Vegas...if Justice was added, that would really make it worth the trip.

Somewhat Damaged
07-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Daft Punk at Vegoose?! I've got family in Vegas... I'm going to try to make this work!

Things I didn't notice: the arena lighting up and "FUCK" flashing on the screen.

Things I did notice: some, like, 12-year-old kid closer to the barricade than me, along with some tiny girls who were maybe 5' on their tiptoes. I don't know if or how they survived being that close.

EDIT: Supre, let me echo the thanks for your videos. It was fun hanging out.

RickeyinLA
07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Daft Punk on Saturday was SICK sickety sick sickety sick sick. When the lights continued on around the arena during Around the World and One More Time my head nearly flew off - I was dead center in the arena on the floor. The outdoor venues may not get that effect but hopefully they bring it again in Toronto in two weeks.

Tickets for Vegoose go on sale Saturday and I hope Justice or any Ed Banger acts get added. There is a hotel 0.1 mile from the venue that has rooms for $69.95 for that weekend. Hmmmmm. Daft, Iggy doing Funhouse, Rage, Thievery Corp, Queens, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy - hard one to pass up.

keep2thestreets
07-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Jus†ice and Daft Punk in the same month........

without question the best year ever

summerkid
07-23-2007, 07:13 PM
here's my question does anyone think that Daft Punk will add anymore dates in between August 9th and October?

whynotsmile99
07-23-2007, 07:20 PM
here's my question does anyone think that Daft Punk will add anymore dates in between August 9th and October?

seeing the reception they are getting, I don't see why not.

KenMixtape
07-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Obviously I'm asking the wrong crowd here, but is being excited about seeing Daft Punk a 5th time bordering on obsessive?

Somewhat Damaged
07-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Obviously I'm asking the wrong crowd here, but is being excited about seeing Daft Punk a 5th time bordering on obsessive?

Are you kidding me? Hell no!

Hahahaa -- I just watched the second video Supre uploaded and at the 6:50 mark, that's me screaming "YEAH!!!" God, I sound fucking crazy!

cbrl23
07-23-2007, 07:55 PM

I heard a rumor about them playing somewhere in Baja in October, but I call BS on that.

Also I still want a Daft Punk poster (alive 2007), couldn't get one on Saturday, so if anyone is selling one please let me know.

ficklecycle
07-23-2007, 07:57 PM
WOO VEGOOSE

summerkid
07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I heard a rumor about them playing somewhere in Baja in October, but I call BS on that.

Also I still want a Daft Punk poster (alive 2007), couldn't get one on Saturday, so if anyone is selling one please let me know.

I wouldn't be surprised they might then go on a South American tour from there.

suprefan
07-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Are you kidding me? Hell no!

Hahahaa -- I just watched the second video Supre uploaded and at the 6:50 mark, that's me screaming "YEAH!!!" God, I sound fucking crazy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, man you werent that far from me then. And that means you were screaming LOUD.

shakermaker113
07-23-2007, 08:22 PM
There is a hotel 0.1 mile from the venue that has rooms for $69.95 for that weekend.

what hotel is this?

this slightly lessens my chances of going to red rocks next week. and I thought the two shows in california would be enough. how foolish was I?

mistdevil
07-23-2007, 08:23 PM
thats pretty dirt...

ficklecycle
07-23-2007, 08:46 PM
WOO!

BROKENDOLL
07-23-2007, 08:52 PM

On a depressing side note, when they turned the house lights on I can't remember being that sad in years :( How coincidental...I had that same feeling when those lights came on...even commented to Suffacted about feeling like I wanted to cry...I guess yopu could say it was like waking up in the middle of the greatest dream ever, and just wanting to go back to sleep and continue dreaming..."ONE MORE TIME..."

amyzzz
07-23-2007, 08:57 PM
No shit.

BROKENDOLL
07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
if it was the best ever, then you must be a fan of techno or house or whatever you call it. how can you think something is the best ever, and then say you're not a fan? Did I not read awhile back that you were rather unliked on this board? I can't imagine why! Geez! You know... Suprefan, whom I don't even know,plus the other "Coachella Fanatics" have kept us excited and up to date on alot of imfo...Especially for us newbies... Don't fuck that up with attitude, man! You're gonna make me start hummin' "But it, use it, break it, fix it,trash it,change it,melt, upgrade it" again

shakermaker113
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
why don't vegoose announce which bands are playing which days? what the hell?

ficklecycle
07-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah weird. Daft probably Sat. Or Sun.

Joke...

Trick Loves The Kids
07-23-2007, 10:00 PM
it's so funny how 2 years ago daft punk were those french fags who did that gay around the world song and now every frat dude and his brohan friends are all about them

SO TURNS THE WORLD

shakermaker113
07-23-2007, 10:17 PM
I haven't uploaded all my pics yet (they need some work -- I have to learn to hold the camera straight dammit), but I wanted to share this one. it's right from the beginning of the show, I thought it was cool... full-sized version available here (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=882975124&size=o).

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1190/882975124_1d174758f6.jpg

paulb
07-23-2007, 10:29 PM
that photo is nuts...you cant even see the light bars on the sides.

ficklecycle
07-23-2007, 10:37 PM
INTENSE PIC.

smoke
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
great pic. i do believe i remember that moment.

smoke
07-23-2007, 10:43 PM
on a side note..

while i appreciate any and all photos/vids, i found myself wondering if some of the people around me were getting the most out of the show. the dude right next to me (floor) watched the ENTIRE show through the screen of his camera. every time i looked over, he was focused on his camera...seemingly unaware of the chaos around him.

to each their own...but cmon, it was Daft Punk!

instinct
07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
I haven't uploaded all my pics yet (they need some work -- I have to learn to hold the camera straight dammit), but I wanted to share this one. it's right from the beginning of the show, I thought it was cool... full-sized version available here (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=882975124&size=o).

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1190/882975124_1d174758f6.jpg

I have a new desktop wallpaper.

crazzz2007
07-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Did I not read awhile back that you were rather unliked on this board? I can't imagine why! Geez! You know... Suprefan, whom I don't even know,plus the other "Coachella Fanatics" have kept us excited and up to date on alot of imfo...Especially for us newbies... Don't fuck that up with attitude, man! You're gonna make me start hummin' "But it, use it, break it, fix it,trash it,change it,melt, upgrade it" again

who the hell are you???? if you think that the coachella message board is some lovefest, you are in the wrong message board. this ain't plur. are you seriously telling me to stop the attitude? you must be dense. let me guess, the only thread you have ever read on this board is the Daft Punk thread. because if you actively read this board,you will realize that attitude reigns supreme here. you're not even a newbie. you're just a Daft Punk fanboy. go away.

and suprefan is in no position to say who is liked and isn't liked. he's a scalper. plus he's full of shit. the only way you can get to 5000 posts in six months is to be full of shit.

crazzz2007
07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Did I not read awhile back that you were rather unliked on this board? I can't imagine why! Geez! You know... Suprefan, whom I don't even know,plus the other "Coachella Fanatics" have kept us excited and up to date on alot of imfo...Especially for us newbies... Don't fuck that up with attitude, man! You're gonna make me start hummin' "But it, use it, break it, fix it,trash it,change it,melt, upgrade it" again

hmmmm, so you're 46 years old and you use pink font. that's a dead giveaway....you must be a gay hippie. let me know if i'm wrong.

RotationSlimWang
07-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Crazzz, how does finding one house/electro/whatever band that you like make you a fan of house/electro/whatever? I think the point of the initial fight you picked is that he's NOT a fan of that shit (as I am not as well), but managed to find a diamond in the rough that actually makes the genre worthwhile. Them and Underworld.

xleslie
07-23-2007, 11:22 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/_leslie/n1063620070_30056045_6057.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/_leslie/n1063620070_30056052_665.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/_leslie/n1063620070_30056053_3519.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/_leslie/n1063620070_30056054_6775.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/_leslie/n1063620070_30056049_6111.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/_leslie/n1063620070_30056065_5641.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/_leslie/n1063620070_30056063_5352.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f19/_leslie/n1063620070_30056066_8833.jpg

crazzz2007
07-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Crazzz, how does finding one house/electro/whatever band that you like make you a fan of house/electro/whatever? I think the point of the initial fight you picked is that he's NOT a fan of that shit (as I am not as well), but managed to find a diamond in the rough that actually makes the genre worthwhile. Them and Underworld.

i guess you have a point.....but he said something like "it was the best show ever."

if you make such a strong statement, you must like it.

KenMixtape
07-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Xleslie, your pics are a cut above. Shakemaker's my new desktop too.
Thanks for posting, guys.

mistdevil
07-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Word.

BROKENDOLL
07-23-2007, 11:54 PM
hmmmm, so you're 46 years old and you use pink font. that's a dead giveaway....you must be a gay hippie. let me know if i'm wrong. Will BLUE calm your young ass down? And, for the record...Yeah, you can accuse me of being a bigtime Daft Punk convert, 'cept instead of "fanboy.." I'm more damn lady than you can handle! As far as hippy goes? Baby, my first concert in life was at the age of 9...My Mom dragged my ass to see Elvis Presley, Live at the Forum! From that moment on, I've kept my eyes and mind open to many styles of music...Zeppelin, Aerosmith (6x), Pink Floyd, Van Halen, and even made it to one OZZFEST, among many, many others...Should I bother mentioning the 6 COACHELLA's I've been to? So, CRAZZZ2007...May I be so ladylike as to say, YOU'RE WRONG and I'll prove it to you at COACHELLA 2008! Rock on my friend~

BROKENDOLL
07-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Will BLUE calm your young ass down? And, for the record...Yeah, you can accuse me of being a bigtime Daft Punk convert, 'cept instead of "fanboy.." I'm more damn lady than you can handle! As far as hippy goes? Baby, my first concert in life was at the age of 9...My Mom dragged my ass to see Elvis Presley, Live at the Forum! From that moment on, I've kept my eyes and mind open to many styles of music...Zeppelin, Aerosmith (6x), Pink Floyd, Van Halen, and even made it to one OZZFEST, among many, many others...Should I bother mentioning the 6 COACHELLA's I've been to? So, CRAZZZ2007...May I be so ladylike as to say, YOU'RE WRONG and I'll prove it to you at COACHELLA 2008! Rock on my friend~"One more time..." You're wrong... (See what you've done now? Another Daft Punk song to replay over and over in my head! Ha,ha,ha!) Thanks!

crazzz2007
07-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Will BLUE calm your young ass down? And, for the record...Yeah, you can accuse me of being a bigtime Daft Punk convert, 'cept instead of "fanboy.." I'm more damn lady than you can handle! As far as hippy goes? Baby, my first concert in life was at the age of 9...My Mom dragged my ass to see Elvis Presley, Live at the Forum! From that moment on, I've kept my eyes and mind open to many styles of music...Zeppelin, Aerosmith (6x), Pink Floyd, Van Halen, and even made it to one OZZFEST, among many, many others...Should I bother mentioning the 6 COACHELLA's I've been to? So, CRAZZZ2007...May I be so ladylike as to say, YOU'RE WRONG and I'll prove it to you at COACHELLA 2008! Rock on my friend~

damn, my eyes hurt!!! i'll promise to never make a negative comment to you ever again, if you just promise to stop using those colors!!

Ill_Eagle
07-24-2007, 01:56 AM
You guys are silly.

Silly fuckers.

I love silly fuckers.

denies the day
07-24-2007, 02:23 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/clarknova_photos/IMG_8282.jpg

This was taken at the 110 off-ramp at about 7:45 on Saturday night.

Someone asked if they were spinning at the Standard on Sunday. We were there up until just after 7 pm and they never set up, just Falcon and some other cat was playing although they were all there. From what I heard, they all stayed at the Standard this past weekend.

So these guys are younger than I thought they were. Except Kavinsky. He's gotta be older than me. I hope.

And TB told us no pictures but was very nice about it, saying "you understand, right?" Phoenixsky has more details but I think she still hasn't come down from the fact that she MET A ROBOT.

HunterGather
07-24-2007, 04:56 AM
From what I know, they are going to be in Australia for one or two dates in December....
So thats a pretty large gap between August 9th and december....what on earth could they be doing?? Hopefully Come back to FL again....
I mean I saw them in Miami, and i'm going to Seattle and Denver this week....but it would be nuts if they did FL again..,..
OK, my random thought ends...NOW.

clarky123
07-24-2007, 05:18 AM
From what I know, they are going to be in Australia for one or two dates in December....
So thats a pretty large gap between August 9th and december....what on earth could they be doing?? Hopefully Come back to FL again....
I mean I saw them in Miami, and i'm going to Seattle and Denver this week....but it would be nuts if they did FL again..,..
OK, my random thought ends...NOW.

They need time to polish their helmets, respray their suits and perfect the Robot\Human voice what dya think!!

HunterGather
07-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Wow.
so yeah, they are on the Vegoose lineup in Las Vegas in October!

clarky123
07-24-2007, 05:35 AM
So it would appear!!

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 05:37 AM
damn, my eyes hurt!!! i'll promise to never make a negative comment to you ever again, if you just promise to stop using those colors!! :thu Good mornin' CRAZZZ2007~ It's a deal...We're HUMAN AFTER ALL!!! I've got to go take my Geritol now, then head to work~ Behave yourself while I'm away~

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2007, 08:57 AM
ERIK!

Bootlegs. We need bootlegs. Someone find bootlegs. Please. Please. Please. Robot.

Trick Loves The Kids
07-24-2007, 09:14 AM
HELL YES

http://www.napier.ac.uk/qes/StudentRetentionProject/studentbooklets/images/numbers.art-3.jpg

SHUT UP BITCHES

kajitox
07-24-2007, 09:17 AM
So does anyone have an extra poster they want to sell? I went to go get the $15 one with the lights that spell Daft Punk, but they merch table was completely sold out.

brando4n82
07-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know where i can download some Bangalter tracks like together and spinal scratch?

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 09:32 AM
My Robot Pics (http://picasaweb.google.com/jransom22/DaftPunk)

video to come later...

xleslie
07-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know where i can download some Bangalter tracks like together and spinal scratch?

DJ Falcon & Thomas Bangalter - Together

http://www.zshare.net/audio/26160909dacd65/

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 10:22 AM
xleslie, those are great pics. is there any way i could download the full size versions?

rage patton
07-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I havent been on here in a day or two... but I just noticed this thread is now a sticky.
That is so funny and awesome.

paulb
07-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Is it true the LA show was filmed for a upcoming dvd? I have been watching youtube vids of the show today...some user has uploaded 21 videos and many of them clockin at 5min....nearly the whole show it seems is on youtube...it would be cool if someone made a compilation and was able to piece together the whole show...

daftmonkey64
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't feel like going through the last 30 pages. ANY WORD ON A BOOTLEG????

paulb
07-24-2007, 10:45 AM
no.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Is it true the LA show was filmed for a upcoming dvd? I have been watching youtube vids of the show today...some user has uploaded 21 videos and many of them clockin at 5min....nearly the whole show it seems is on youtube...it would be cool if someone made a compilation and was able to piece together the whole show...

Yep.

Evaneezer
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
we were all best friends during the daft punk show...its disappointing to see that the internet takes away from that so much....lets dwell less on insulting each other and more on VEGOOSE!

xleslie
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
xleslie, those are great pics. is there any way i could download the full size versions?

for sure. i didn't want to put the full sized up..they're wayyy to big, figured people would ask if they wanted them.

(click to englarge)
http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/7/24/t_IMG6057m_9332bd9.jpg (http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/7/24/f_IMG6057m_9332bd9.jpg)

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/7/24/t_IMG6126m_ba0460f.jpg (http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/7/24/f_IMG6126m_ba0460f.jpg)

http://img35.picoodle.com/img/img35/9/7/24/t_IMG6141m_89e11ce.jpg (http://img35.picoodle.com/img/img35/9/7/24/f_IMG6141m_89e11ce.jpg)

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/7/24/t_IMG6142m_aa0014e.jpg (http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/7/24/f_IMG6142m_aa0014e.jpg)

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/9/7/24/t_IMG6143m_2a039da.jpg (http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/9/7/24/f_IMG6143m_2a039da.jpg)

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/9/7/24/t_IMG6178m_79b941b.jpg (http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/9/7/24/f_IMG6178m_79b941b.jpg)

http://img39.picoodle.com/img/img39/9/7/24/t_IMG6180m_0af3a41.jpg (http://img39.picoodle.com/img/img39/9/7/24/f_IMG6180m_0af3a41.jpg)

http://img36.picoodle.com/img/img36/9/7/24/t_IMG6183m_73f6d32.jpg (http://img36.picoodle.com/img/img36/9/7/24/f_IMG6183m_73f6d32.jpg)

new picture:

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/9/7/24/t_IMG6168m_db56712.jpg (http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/9/7/24/f_IMG6168m_db56712.jpg)

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Evan, agreed.

Where's everybody staying?

Thanks for the pics leslie.

paulb
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I got these babies in the mail Monday after DP...too bad. Maybe ill wear one to the next DP show in a few days...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/paulbonardelli/IMG_1110.jpg

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
nice paul..

captncrzy
07-24-2007, 11:29 AM
who the hell are you???? if you think that the coachella message board is some lovefest, you are in the wrong message board. this ain't plur. are you seriously telling me to stop the attitude? you must be dense. let me guess, the only thread you have ever read on this board is the Daft Punk thread. because if you actively read this board,you will realize that attitude reigns supreme here. you're not even a newbie. you're just a Daft Punk fanboy. go away.

and suprefan is in no position to say who is liked and isn't liked. he's a scalper. plus he's full of shit. the only way you can get to 5000 posts in six months is to be full of shit.

For the record, he isn't full of shit. I was standing 5 feet from the person who said it-and it wasn't Supre.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 11:37 AM

Take your little bitch-ness to another thread.

Ill_Eagle
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I'll take the blue/pink one off your hands Paul. :)

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Hhaha good idea.

paulb
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
the Blue/Pink one was $204, the Green/white one was 59 Pounds, the Black/Pink was 165 euros....you do the math....?

BlueDevil50
07-24-2007, 11:47 AM
my god?!?!?! for a fucking cotton t shirt? does it suck and fuck ya too??? haha still a goddamn beauty of a shirt

paulb
07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys...ya, Ive already had a few orgasms trying the shirts on....dont worry, no stains... its heaven when i put them on.

xanman86
07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
anyone have a pic of technologic when it sais FUCK in the background?

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I wish...

xanman86
07-24-2007, 11:54 AM
lol yeah i couldnt get my camera to go off on time

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I was too close up. But I'll get it at Vegoose.

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 12:20 PM
the Blue/Pink one was $204, the Green/white one was 59 Pounds, the Black/Pink was 165 euros....you do the math....?

jesus christ man! whats wrong with you??

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Hahahah.

brando4n82
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM

Not the best one because someones hand is in the way, but yeah theres one in my daft punk blog, i dont know how to paste pictures in this message board or else id just put it up

http://www.myspace.com/graffixload

kajitox
07-24-2007, 12:42 PM

I have an okay one. Let me upload it real quick.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/4/155402/P1020397.JPG

Scratch that, the picture kinda sucks.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I'll have some amazing one's from Vegoose for sure due to the fact that I'll take my camera this time.

whynotsmile99
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Yep.

did they really film LA? I was looking around but noticed no camera crew

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 01:16 PM
I think it was mistdevil who told me there was a camera guy filming at the back where the soundbooth is.

superfiction
07-24-2007, 01:17 PM
they film every show. just for documentations sake. whether or not a dvd is gonna come out remains to be seen

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I still think it makes sense. 10 year anniversary of Homework, the original Alive tour...

But who knows.

PassiveTheory
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Do they allow cameras at Vegoose?...

I hate sneaking shit in, my hair makes security automatically suspicious.

suprefan
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Do they allow cameras at Vegoose?...

I hate sneaking shit in, my hair makes security automatically suspicious.

Probably, has to be rules similar to Roo and Coachella.

PassiveTheory
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Sweet. Looks like this is where my Lolla money is going to go towards.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah I checked last night and I quote:

Items Allowed
You may bring the following items inside Sam Boyd Stadium. All items are
subject to search. The festival reserves the right to change this list at any time.
Blankets
Stadium seats (chairs without legs)
Sealed water bottles
Non professional cameras (professional cameras = any camera with a
detachable lens)
Medium to small size backpacks
Hats
Sun Block
Audio taping equipment
Strollers with child inside.

HOLY SHIT WE CAN BRING IN AUDIO TAPING EQUIPMENT?!?!?! I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Are they going to have lots of cool merch at the Daft Punk shows? I am hoping to buy some shirts at red rocks...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I just saw this thread has 4123 replies!! Holy crap!

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Shirts, posters, stickers.

POST 909.

crazzz2007
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM

hey fickle, go suck on your mom's boobs, you lil bitch. and don't ever address me again.

Trick Loves The Kids
07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
how much're those alive shirt joints

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
hey fickle, go suck on your mom's boobs, you lil bitch. and don't ever address me again.

OOH.

how much're those alive shirt joints

$25.

captncrzy
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
The shirts were $25.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
They have a few different ones though.

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2007, 02:31 PM
I strongly recommend against getting an Alive 2007 shirt. I had to go buy one because me and my buddy were sweating our fucking souls out and I'd been foolish enough to wear long sleeves, so I went out and paid 25 bucks for that ugly fucking shirt (I have a general policy against wearing band shirts at all to begin with) just to have something light and short-sleeved on, and then we used my long-sleeve to wipe the buckets of sweat off ourselves all night.

No shit, even after the drive home when I carried the sweatrag shirt inside it was fucking SOAKED. No hyperbole--I mean the shit was dripping with MDMA-laden sweat. I can't believe it was still that hot even up in the LOGE section. If I'd been on the floor it would have been disastrous.

EDIT: I meant to suggest that you go for one of the vintage shirts or something, but anything other than the Alive 2007 ones. I felt like such an asshole walking around the place wearing the shirt of the tour I was at, especially considering how silly they look.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
I bought myself one but didn't wear and just left it in my girlfriends car. I came out drenched as well.

suprefan
07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Are they going to have lots of cool merch at the Daft Punk shows? I am hoping to buy some shirts at red rocks...

I have pictures of the merch, will post when I get home.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 02:49 PM
TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER

paulb
07-24-2007, 02:50 PM
jesus christ man! whats wrong with you??

Just an Ed Banger fan....

and in the other page there is a photo of the Daft Punk tour tshirt... what a great buy.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Just one of two.

smoke
07-24-2007, 03:03 PM
i was stoked they had a merch booth outside. i was able to get there, buy some stuff, toss it in the car, and get in line.

i thought both tour shirts were cool, but yea...i would never buy a shirt at a concert, and wear it for the show. there were PLENTY of people there who felt otherwise.

smoke
07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
btw, did the red logo "retro" shirt have anything on the back?

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Nope.

smoke
07-24-2007, 03:06 PM
thanks

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.mauditsfrancais.com/daftpunk/images/logo.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
7 more days until the robots at red rocks...

smoke
07-24-2007, 03:11 PM
7 more days until the robots at red rocks...

you are stoked. that is going to be an epic show! wish i had the cash and the time.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
you are stoked. that is going to be an epic show! wish i had the cash and the time.
I am also stoked because my bro and sis are flying in to see them too. It will be their 1st red rocks show...

smoke
07-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I am also stoked because my bro and sis are flying in to see them too. It will be their 1st red rocks show...

wow DP as a family affair

<insert joke here>

i have never been either. it looks like an amazing venue. i think the combination of natural beauty, amazing lights, and groovin beats would pretty much make it the show not to miss on this tour. not complaining one bit about LA...i had a blast.

fober
07-24-2007, 03:21 PM
wow DP as a family affair

TEEHEE

Trick Loves The Kids
07-24-2007, 03:25 PM
i was stoked they had a merch booth outside. i was able to get there, buy some stuff, toss it in the car, and get in line.

i thought both tour shirts were cool, but yea...i would never buy a shirt at a concert, and wear it for the show. there were PLENTY of people there who felt otherwise.

or maybe they were thinking "I don't want to carry this"

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Just an Ed Banger fan....

yea, im a fan of lots of things, but that is just WRONG!! in fact, it may have to be the dumbest shit ive ever heard. i would never spend that much money on a fuckin t-shirt, unless it had magic powers or some shit.

i dont know who deserves an ass woopin more, the dude who sold you that shit, or you for being dumb enough to buy it. im gonna have to say you, since you are encouraging blatant thievery. thats right, you just got robbed sucka.

and in the other page there is a photo of the Daft Punk tour tshirt... what a great buy. ahahahahah, anything is a great buy compared to your last purchase!

sorry, dont mean to rain on your parade, enjoy the shirts. :)

xleslie
07-24-2007, 03:29 PM
if you buy a shirt i recommend looping it through the belt loops on your pants, that's what i did and i didn't have to worry about holding onto it. I wanted to blue alive shirt so bad, but they sold the last small to the dude next to me..and the douche at the merch booth said "blue is for boys pink is for girls"...fuck that...but i ended up with the pink one cause the vintage shirt was sold out.

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 03:32 PM
that sucks.. I copped 2 smalls, 2 mediums and 1 large.. 3 were for friends tho.

paulb
07-24-2007, 03:34 PM
yea, im a fan of lots of things, but that is just WRONG!! in fact, it may have to be the dumbest shit ive ever heard. i would never spend that much money on a fuckin t-shirt, unless it had magic powers or some shit.

i dont know who deserves an ass woopin more, the dude who sold you that shit, or you for being dumb enough to buy it. im gonna have to say you, since you are encouraging blatant thievery. thats right, you just got robbed sucka.

ahahahahah, anything is a great buy compared to your last purchase!

sorry, dont mean to rain on your parade, enjoy the shirts. :)

You're wack man. I know its fuckin crazy prices, but thats what u gotta pay if u want one i guess. Im 100% happy with it, and I would pay twice that much again anyday.

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
You're wack man. I know its fuckin crazy prices, but thats what u gotta pay if u want one i guess. Im 100% happy with it, and I would pay twice that much again anyday.

I think the funniest thing is that you paid several hundred dollars for shirts that make it look like you're advertising that you bang guys named Ed.

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 03:37 PM
if he wants to spend his money on them, let him this is a free country..

fober
07-24-2007, 03:37 PM
I think the funniest thing is that you paid several hundred dollars for shirts that make it look like you're advertising that you bang guys named Ed.

Ok ^ that was funny.

More importantly, can't you just find that graphic online somewhere and have it screen pressed?

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 03:40 PM
if he wants to spend his money on them, let him this is a free country..

he lives in canada.

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 03:41 PM
oh canada' isnt a free country?

amyzzz
07-24-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't even know what the fuck Ed Banger is, but the shirts can't be all that exclusive if I saw at least 3 people in the DP line wearing them.

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 03:48 PM
oh canada' isnt a free country?

nope. america is the only free country, isnt it?

jk, but i was just pointing out that the rules of the country you were referring to do not apply to him, so your point is bs. not to mention "this is a free country" has got to be the stupidest comeback ever. right up there with "im rubber you're glue".

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 03:50 PM
nope. america is the only free country, isnt it?

jk, but i was just pointing out that the rules of the country you were referring to do not apply to him, so your point is bs. not to mention "this is a free country" has got to be the stupidest comeback ever. right up there with "im rubber you're glue".

HAHHAHAH whatevers.... let paul spend money he has then.. looks like hes doing fine, with whatever job he has.

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't even know what the fuck Ed Banger is, but the shirts can't be all that exclusive if I saw at least 3 people in the DP line wearing them.

amy those 3 peeps spent prolly more then paul did.

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 03:55 PM
HAHHAHAH whatevers.... let paul spend money he has then.. looks like hes doing fine, with whatever job he has.

naw, id rather go around telling people how to spend their money.
so paul, next on the list of stupid purchases after your ed banger shirts would be following around the beastie boys like they are the fuckin dead. cmon now...there's bands you follow around, and theres bands you see when they come to your hood.

jk, i dont know why im so angry right now. i think being back in the real world after this weekend is starting to get to me, lol. i think ive wasted about 5.8 of the 7 hours i have been here today on the net. maybe i should start channeling my negative energy into doing actual work. naw, ill start that tomorrow. only one more hour to waste till i can go home. :)

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 03:57 PM
amy those 3 peeps spent prolly more then paul did.

i cant imagine anybody spent more than paul did on those shirts. is that really the going rate? people actually buy t-shirts at that price?

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 03:58 PM
i cant imagine anybody spent more than paul did on those shirts. is that really the going rate? people actually buy t-shirts at that price?

forsure..

ThomThom
07-24-2007, 04:09 PM

I have bought like designer shirts for those price ranges but not a concert or record label shirt. But even if he did spend that much on shirt's like that, if he's got the money then why not?

crazzz2007
07-24-2007, 04:13 PM

did you pay with your own money, or with your parents' money?

amyzzz
07-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Did the pink t-shirts come in XL? My husband bought the blue one, but then wished he'd gotten the pink one later. I know one of the styles came in XXL for $3 extra.

Trick Loves The Kids
07-24-2007, 04:25 PM
wow the greek only fits 8000 people

weren't there like 50,000 watching at the sahara? this is like intimate shit

suprefan
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
wow the greek only fits 8000 people

weren't there like 50,000 watching at the sahara? this is like intimate shit

Just under 30,000 were watching DP. Madonna had about 35k.

Nope.

YES, the 2006 tour dates.

crazzz2007
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM

ya, i'm sure you counted the audience one by one. wasn't it 29,847?

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2007, 04:33 PM

Can that be true? That would mean that only 25k were watching Tool, right? Well at least only 25k would have been there to see Tool, I'm sure some people drifted over after her pathetically short set, but between 06 and 07 I think the largest I ever saw the crowd was leaving after Tool, and there were a LOT of motherfuckers there when they first came on.

suprefan
07-24-2007, 04:34 PM
ya, i'm sure you counted the audience one by one. wasn't it 29,847?

Hey bitch, reading the reviews afterward in every newspaper I coudl find got me those figures. You are almost on Delta status here for reining p.o.s. jerk douchewad. If you have nothing constructive to even say shut your pie hole.

Can that be true? That would mean that only 25k were watching Tool, right? Well at least only 25k would have been there to see Tool, I'm sure some people drifted over after her pathetically short set, but between 06 and 07 I think the largest I ever saw the crowd was leaving after Tool, and there were a LOT of motherfuckers there when they first came on.

Madonna ended a little bit before MAssive Attack started. So everyone went back to the main and whatnot.

Pictures of the merch being sold.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4687/dsc045982qj4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5622/dsc046012mc7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BlueDevil50
07-24-2007, 04:46 PM
soooo pretty! i wish i wasnt buzzing so hard or else i woulda got more things!

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 05:52 PM
did you pay with your own money, or with your parents' money? CRAZZZ2007...DON'T BE ALL PISSY AND MAKE ME WRITE MY SHIT IN PINK..."ONE MORE TIME..."

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 05:54 PM
ya, i'm sure you counted the audience one by one. wasn't it 29,847? GEEZ...NOW CRAZZZ2007'S GETTIN' ALL "T*E*C*H*N*O*L*O*G*I*C..."

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Madonna ended a little bit before MAssive Attack started. So everyone went back to the main and whatnot.

Alright yeah, I can see that. My timeframe for that night is very sketchy--I spent all of Massive Attack in an acid panic.

BTW, Supre, did you read my post about using manual focus for bootlegging these shows? As I noted in the original post, you seem to know how to handle a camera and so it wouldn't surprise me if you were like, "OF COURSE I USE MANUAL FOCUS," but I just wanted to send out a broadcast warning to everyone. I fucking hate how all these vids are ruined by people using auto-focus. Where are you planning on shooting from?

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 06:48 PM
GEEZ...NOW CRAZZZ2007'S GETTIN' ALL "T*E*C*H*N*O*L*O*G*I*C..."

Just keep it this way man. The pink is you.

psychic friend
07-24-2007, 06:56 PM
I booked my flights and hotel for Vegoose!

anti-square
07-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I happened to be one of those assholes in an ed banger shirt, and it cost me 27 bucks minus the shipping. So, with that said, to each his own.

BTW, I have some pretty sweet footage on the way.

jaime1234
07-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I just posted a ticket for the Daft Punk Berkeley show this Friday 7/27 on Ticketmaster.com through the Ticketexchange. Go buy it!

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Alright yeah, I can see that. My timeframe for that night is very sketchy--I spent all of Massive Attack in an acid panic.

BTW, Supre, did you read my post about using manual focus for bootlegging these shows? As I noted in the original post, you seem to know how to handle a camera and so it wouldn't surprise me if you were like, "OF COURSE I USE MANUAL FOCUS," but I just wanted to send out a broadcast warning to everyone. I fucking hate how all these vids are ruined by people using auto-focus. Where are you planning on shooting from?

lol, is that why my shit will go out of focus when im filming video? i dont think i have a manual focus though...

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Do you have a point and shoot camera?

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Do you have a point and shoot camera?

yep, so does supre i believe.

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Just keep it this way man. The pink is you. Thanks...I hadn't meant to offend anyone...It just seemed appropriate to use after the awesome light show we had the other nite...BTW...Let me check, but I recall Suffacated nabbing some great pics and footage from center loge...and possibly even the FUCK*FUCK*FUCK one~

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah he does.

But he sure does get around with it.

keep2thestreets
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
just booked my hotel for the Berkley show. Its a travelodge about a mile away from the venue. Anyone else staying at this hotel ?

ficklecycle
Thanks...I hadn't meant to offend anyone...It just seemed appropriate to use after the awesome light show we had the other nite...BTW...Let me check, but I recall Suffacated nabbing some great pics and footage from center loge...and possibly even the FUCK*FUCK*FUCK one~

No worries man. Just because one person has something up their ass doesn't seem you have to change anything.

Those pics and video would be great.

justme
Saturday night was.....no words can describe!
I'm enjoying all the vids and pics you all posted. Thanks!

btw, I like the robot on the left..he bops his head more than the one on the right :)

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Hahaha.

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 09:00 PM
damn, not to brag, but i took some sick videos. about to upload them now. they do get shaky in a few spots though when i cant stop myself from dancing while filming, lol.

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Saturday night was.....no words can describe!
I'm enjoying all the vids and pics you all posted. Thanks!

btw, I like the robot on the left..he bops his head more than the one on the right :)

LOL.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:11 PM
damn, not to brag, but i took some sick videos. about to upload them now. they do get shaky in a few spots though when i cant stop myself from dancing while filming, lol.

Hook it up man.

kajitox
07-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Nope.

Uh, someone didn't see the back of that shirt...the only reason I DIDN'T buy it is because it had old tour dates on the back. So, yes! The vintage tshirt DOES have stuff on the back!

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I asked and they lied. Bitches.

superfiction
07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Pictures of the merch being sold.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4687/dsc045982qj4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5622/dsc046012mc7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

thx supre

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
did anybody get the autographed poster? 75 bucks wasnt worth it for me. maybe if it was like a nice silkscreened one.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:36 PM
WHAT AUTOGRAPHED POSTER?!

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 09:40 PM
did anybody get the autographed poster? 75 bucks wasnt worth it for me. maybe if it was like a nice silkscreened one.

bullshit.

Trick Loves The Kids
i just want to say that all you newjack motherfucking daft punk fans who listen to peter bjorn and john and usually hate that "gay techno crap" get the fuck out of my way on friday and i swear to god i will knock your camera if it blocks my view

superfiction
the one signed by thomas the tank engine and guy ritchie?

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 09:41 PM
it was a daft poster autographed by the robots themselves. 75 bucks. saw it at the merch booth on the floor, right when you go down the escalators after you get into the building. did nobody else see this? i thought somebody else posted about it already in this thread? i could be wrong.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:42 PM
the one signed by thomas the tank engine and guy ritchie?

There were only two posters on display. Neither was signed.

i just want to say that all you newjack motherfucking daft punk fans who listen to peter bjorn and john and usually hate that "gay techno crap" get the fuck out of my way on friday and i swear to god i will knock your camera if it blocks my view

Amen to that.

it was a daft poster autographed by the robots themselves. 75 bucks. saw it at the merch booth on the floor, right when you go down the escalators after you get into the building. did nobody else see this? i thought somebody else posted about it already in this thread? i could be wrong.

I was too busy running to the stage.

superfiction
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
some chick posted about it. i didnt know if she was telling the truth or not. it doesnt seem like something theyd do, but i could be wrong

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 09:45 PM
shirts were $25. XXL shirts were $28.
Large poster $15.
Autographed large poster $75.
Large Daft Punk stickers $5. I wanted one of these but I was sure it would get crunched up to hell in the madness.

see, im not full of shit.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't have got it either way.

cbrl23
07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
yep, autographed posters were $75 (Electroma and Alive 2007 posters) the black one looked nicer with the white ink signatures...I was broke last weekend so $75 was too much for me.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Are there any pics?

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 09:48 PM
yea, 75 bucks is too much for a poster, even if its signed. but like i said, maybe if it was a nice silk screened, limited edition one with a super cool design, but it was just a standard daft punk poster.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I agree with the silk screen.

Trick Loves The Kids
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
is there anyone going to berkeeley who could sell mE somE thing to Eat I HOPe YOU UNDeRSTAND WHAT I MeAN

i'm trying to get it from some other people but if you'rE gonna be there with mad suppliEs maybe pm me or something thankz

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 09:54 PM
:lips OH, SUFFACATED, BABY...While you've been out of town working this week after the Daft Punk concert, I've been staying here at home playing it over and over in my head...It doesn't help that I also have spent alot of time reading all these posts from others who also shared in the experience...Uh,honey...Ya know how I almost started tearing up when those lights came on at the end I said something to the effect of, "God, when will I see those adorable lil' Robots again?" Or, how 'bout all that jumpin' around, sweatin', but having goosebumps at the same time? And, Lord knows we raced each other to this damn computer after driving back here to COACHELLA after the show, just to check out all the videos everyone had to post! God, what I wouldn't do to see them just "One more time!" HARK!!! What? Oh my!!! Suffacated, Honey... I know when you're done for the day there, you're gonna get to your room and read this message board, and, well...Uh,well...Guess what...I'd do anything for you, Baby...ANYTHING....If, uh, only you would maybe get us each the two-day passes to see those adorable lil' Robots again in Vegas on Roctober 27-28th.....Pretty,pretty pleeeeaze...I'll even let you "Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,drag n' drop it,zip-unzip it~ ANYTHING!!! XOXOXO:pulse :lips

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:55 PM
WOAAAAA.

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 09:58 PM
lol...her posts keep getting weirder and weirder.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey man, let her have her fun. Haha.

xleslie
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
i would have gotten the autographed poster if...i had $75 to spare & someone to hold it for me while i watched the show, but i'm not losing sleep over the fact i didn't get it.

crazzz2007
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
:lips OH, SUFFACATED, BABY...While you've been out of town working this week after the Daft Punk concert, I've been staying here at home playing it over and over in my head...It doesn't help that I also have spent alot of time reading all these posts from others who also shared in the experience...Uh,honey...Ya know how I almost started tearing up when those lights came on at the end I said something to the effect of, "God, when will I see those adorable lil' Robots again?" Or, how 'bout all that jumpin' around, sweatin', but having goosebumps at the same time? And, Lord knows we raced each other to this damn computer after driving back here to COACHELLA after the show, just to check out all the videos everyone had to post! God, what I wouldn't do to see them just "One more time!" HARK!!! What? Oh my!!! Suffacated, Honey... I know when you're done for the day there, you're gonna get to your room and read this message board, and, well...Uh,well...Guess what...I'd do anything for you, Baby...ANYTHING....If, uh, only you would maybe get us each the two-day passes to see those adorable lil' Robots again in Vegas on Roctober 27-28th.....Pretty,pretty pleeeeaze...I'll even let you "Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,drag n' drop it,zip-unzip it~ ANYTHING!!! XOXOXO:pulse :lips

WTF???????????????

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 10:02 PM
i would have gotten the autographed poster if...i had $75 to spare & someone to hold it for me while i watched the show, but i'm not losing sleep over the fact i didn't get it.

$75 is three shirts.

xleslie
07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
25 x 3 = 75 ...yay math!

which is why i only got one shirt and one sticker.

mistdevil
07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
HAHAHAHA nice post..

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 10:15 PM
25 x 3 = 75 ...yay math!

which is why i only got one shirt and one sticker.

Yick math.

I got two shirts.

No stickers except for the free ones.

fober
07-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Wait a second, the black vintage shirt with the red "Daft Punk" has stuff on the back of it?

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are there any that just say "Daft Punk" on the front and nothing on the back?

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't think so. Maybe eBay.

instinct
07-24-2007, 10:29 PM

I got it!! I'll post a picture later.. I'm trying to find a frame that will fit it.. the post is pretty big.

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 10:30 PM
lol...her posts keep getting weirder and weirder. :rolleyes No shit...Ever since the drive home Saturday Nite, I've felt different...:rotfl There's a constant ringing in my ears that's like a deep, heavy bass beat...Kinda spacey too. I've tried to tone down the desire to post in PINK in order to prevent upset among the rest of you...Or...One of you? :dumbo But, when I found out that a cure to these possible withdrawal symptoms is available, I just couldn't help myself...:blah Anyone else acting like this since Saturday?

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Raises hand.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I got it!! I'll post a picture later.. I'm trying to find a frame that will fit it.. the post is pretty big.

Please.

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
:rolleyes No shit...Ever since the drive home Saturday Nite, I've felt different...:rotfl There's a constant ringing in my ears that's like a deep, heavy bass beat...Kinda spacey too. I've tried to tone down the desire to post in PINK in order to prevent upset among the rest of you...Or...One of you? :dumbo But, when I found out that a cure to these possible withdrawal symptoms is available, I just couldn't help myself...:blah Anyone else acting like this since Saturday? Teqilla isn't helping to ease the symptoms either...OBVIOUSLY! Ha,ha,ha!:2c

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2007, 10:42 PM

Sir, I do believe that this woman is offering to give you a personal performance of Analogic.

Buy the tickets--that's a good deal. You've never really seen Daft Punk til you've indulged in some assplay afterwords.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 10:43 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.

instinct
07-24-2007, 10:48 PM
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/881/pict0053xa8.jpg

it says "Guyman Daft Punk" and "Thomas DaftPunk".

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2007, 10:48 PM
lol, is that why my shit will go out of focus when im filming video? i dont think i have a manual focus though...

I've never heard of a camera that didn't have manual focus. Seriously, it's worth the effort to go through your camera's manual or just find a friend who knows a lot about this shit and have them show you how to do it, especially when you're in a crowd and people are waving their arms and shit inbetween you and the pyramid--the auto-focus tries to focus on the arms for that split second and loses the stage. Just get in one position, switch to manual focus, get the pyramid into focus and then don't touch shit. Except for maybe a little zoom in for that extra special treat at the very end. =)

Also, I implore any tapers to please frame your shots so that you can just see the whole pyramid-and-backdrop section of the stage, or even possible and better frame it so that you have all the pyramid and backdrop AND one of the screens on the side. One of the coolest fucking things about the whole show was just seeing their robot heads nodding along right next to the insane fireworks spectacle going on around the robots.

But if you're going to do that, be careful that you get your brightness settings rights so that the screens don't overexpose and the flashes of light don't burn the image for too long.

instinct
07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I have more.. but they are a little blurry.. I'll upload them still.. my brother is hogging all the bandwidth right now, so i'm going all slow.

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
You've never really seen Daft Punk til you've indulged in some assplay afterwords.
funny, thats exactly what i did after the show last weekend.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I have more.. but they are a little blurry.. I'll upload them still.. my brother is hogging all the bandwidth right now, so i'm going all slow.

I believe it now. Wow, it's pretty cool.

RotationSlimWang
07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
funny, thats exactly what i did after the show last weekend.

See?! Now THIS is a real Daft Punk fan, Trick. Claim OGDP all you want, how many times have you had your dick in an ass while Human After All was still playing? Shiiit... I wouldn't even let you ride in my spaceship. =)

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 10:58 PM
ok, finally...here are the 2 best vids i shot. sorry if they are a little shaky in parts, but you try standing still while the robots are rockin. plus, it gives it that authentic feeling. :)

click here for videos, bitches (http://cob24.sharebig.com/share.php?id=s14jjxspymw1TLE2h)

hope you like em...im goin to bed now.

oh, and heres the pics i took. i posted them before, but this thread grows so damn fast, its hard to keep up, so ill post again: pics (http://picasaweb.google.com/jransom22/DaftPunk)

Sexecutioner
07-24-2007, 11:04 PM
See?! Now THIS is a real Daft Punk fan, Trick. Claim OGDP all you want, how many times have you had your dick in an ass while Human After All was still playing? Shiiit... I wouldn't even let you ride in my spaceship. =)

lol, i think Da Funk is a more appropriate sound track for that though. ;)

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Sir, I do believe that this woman is offering to give you a personal performance of Analogic.

Buy the tickets--that's a good deal. You've never really seen Daft Punk til you've indulged in some assplay afterwords. Great! Now, not only am I sitting here alone while Suffacate's working, humming Daft songs ...I'm laughing out fucking loud with tears in my eyes! Ha,ha,ha!!! "Analogic?" Enhanced with Tequilla! Ole'!

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 11:09 PM
This is greatest forum ever.

BROKENDOLL
07-24-2007, 11:19 PM
ok, finally...here are the 2 best vids i shot. sorry if they are a little shaky in parts, but you try standing still while the robots are rockin. plus, it gives it that authentic feeling. :)

click here for videos, bitches (http://cob24.sharebig.com/share.php?id=s14jjxspymw1TLE2h)

hope you like em...im goin to bed now.

oh, and heres the pics i took. i posted them before, but this thread grows so damn fast, its hard to keep up, so ill post again: pics (http://picasaweb.google.com/jransom22/DaftPunk) Shit! Is it me or the damn tequilla? Wake up! I can't get these videos to download!!!:blah

smoke
07-24-2007, 11:23 PM
this might be considered a spoiler pic to some, but click here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevronspics/877809386/) for a nice shot of the crowd in LA.

instinct
07-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Shit! Is it me or the damn tequilla? Wake up! I can't get these videos to download!!!:blah

it's not just you.. i don't know how you guys are still posting.. there's so many youtube daft punk videos to watch.. i'm watching the live video of them in Paris.. God.. How epic that must have been.

ficklecycle
07-24-2007, 11:52 PM
this might be considered a spoiler pic to some, but click here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevronspics/877809386/) for a nice shot of the crowd in LA.

Did you take that?

smoke
07-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Did you take that?

no, i was on the floor. i have been looking for different perspectives of the show, since my view was somewhat overwhelmed by the light show.

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 12:04 AM
That pic is amazing.

smoke
07-25-2007, 12:09 AM
did you look through that guys pics? he's got some good ones. there are actually a lot of good ones on if you search on that website.

another crowd shot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevronspics/877803244/in/set-72157600967466615/)

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah I was looking through. Fucking amazing.

BettySpaghetti
07-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Please someone tell me there's a bootleg out there.

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 12:15 AM
I've got a Bercy bootleg.

rage patton
07-25-2007, 12:20 AM
This thread is impossible to keep track of.

BettySpaghetti
07-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Any links to any bootlegs from 07 would be super sexy. Ahhh, 3 more days!!

ficklecycle
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
PM me.

sotaboo
07-25-2007, 12:47 AM
does anyone have more videos of the sebastian and kavinsky set???? beside the other 2 clips that have already been posted?? ahhh i loved their set!!

paulb
07-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Is this the photo that someone wanted of Daft Punk, with FUCK behind them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/h3lic3/886558952/