08-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Myrtle Beach?? wtf?

It's in South Carolina, Tom. Geez.

bug on your lip
08-20-2007, 07:18 AM

TomAz
08-20-2007, 07:40 AM
It's in South Carolina, Tom. Geez.

Apparently Coastal Carolina University is the leading authority on pain meds.

ewiggy
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
fu7oljXvkH0

vinylmartyr
08-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I went to parties at Coastal Carolina. Its near my hometown. I am still in a lot of physical pain form my overdose and they said I just need to deal with it. Its all good cause I have been known to abuse opiates. I take advil 3 times a day now. Opiates just get you out of your head so your not thinking of the pain. Stuff like advil and asprin deal with the actual pain.

nothingman00
08-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I went to parties at Coastal Carolina. Its near my hometown. I am still in a lot of physical pain form my overdose and they said I just need to deal with it. Its all good cause I have been known to abuse opiates. I take advil 3 times a day now. Opiates just get you out of your head so your not thinking of the pain. Stuff like advil and asprin deal with the actual pain.

Interesting point... Not sure I agree, but interesting viewpoint...

RotationSlimWang
08-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Thank you, psychiatric establishment, but mostly thanks go to Ativan.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

That's better.

Benis23
08-30-2007, 03:11 PM
obviously this doesnt prove anything, but i would say it is worth noting that owen wilson was taking anti-depressants prior to his suicidie attempt

Yablonowitz
08-30-2007, 03:15 PM
obviously this doesnt prove anything, but i would say it is worth noting that owen wilson was taking anti-depressants prior to his suicidie attempt

You're right. It doesn't prove or demonstrate anything. No one has ever claimed that SSRI's eliminate depression.

TomAz
08-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Thank you, psychiatric establishment, but mostly thanks go to Ativan.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

That's better.

you should read this book. don't worry, it's a novel, and most of the words are easily understood.

http://www.antonraubenweiss.com/gibson/gallery/spook_country/spook_country.jpg

Benis23
08-30-2007, 03:25 PM
You're right. It doesn't prove or demonstrate anything. No one has ever claimed that SSRI's eliminate depression.

well, pharmaceutical companies like to suggest that it does in their advertisements.

owen wilsons suicide attempt is so bizarre to me. he is wealthy, he has tons of friends, he's funny and outgoing, he has a charismatic personility, and the opposite sex finds him to be very attractive. what was there to be depressed about? how effective can ssris be if owen wilson on ssris attempts suicide?

TomAz
08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, why isn't it just ugly poor people who kill themselves?

Yablonowitz
08-30-2007, 03:29 PM
well, pharmaceutical companies like to suggest that it does in their advertisements.

owen wilsons suicide attempt is so bizarre to me. he is wealthy, he has tons of friends, he's funny and outgoing, he has a charismatic personility, and the opposite sex finds him to be very attractive. what was there to be depressed about? how effective can ssris be if owen wilson on ssris attempts suicide?

Depression is complicated. It's not always a matter of life events or circumstances. I have an awesome life, I still get depressed. I don't know why and I fucking hate it, but that's how shit rolls. And I can say just for me, the depression I experienced before SSRIs was not even close to the depression I've had since. Meaning pre-SSRIs was far worse.

mountmccabe
08-30-2007, 04:04 PM
you should read this book. don't worry, it's a novel, and most of the words are easily understood.

http://www.antonraubenweiss.com/gibson/gallery/spook_country/spook_country.jpg

Wait what? Did I miss another book by William Gibson? Dammit. There're too many books too.

EDIT: It just came out so I don't feel quite so bad. I mean, I feel bad but I'mn't gonna start posting in this thread or anything.

TomAz
08-30-2007, 04:05 PM
it's still in hardcover. you've got time.

PotVsKtl
08-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Paxil was shown in clinical trials to increase the prevalence of suicidal thoughts in teenagers. They covered it up and put it on the market anyway. Fuck a pharmaceutical company.

RotationSlimWang
08-30-2007, 05:37 PM
William Gibson is a poor modern man's less intellectual equivalent of Robert Heinlein. I'll stick with the master, thanks. Neuromancer was fucking incoherent.

As far as why people on SSRIs kill themselves... well, people on SSRIs are generally extremely depressed. Extremely depressed people, I would imagine, are more prone to suicidal thoughts than, say, happy and adjusted people. That being said, dentists have the highest suicide rate of any profession. Anyone know why exactly?

And yes, certain members of the group (most notably Paxil) have been theoretically established as increasing the rate of suicide, and it's hard to say what the true motivation for the suicides could have been. Purely chemically induced? If one follows that logic then it rather goes against Benis's contention that manipulation of serotonin is not related to depression. If SSRIs can increase depression to the point of suicide in some cases, then serotonin must somehow be a player, no?

Paxil also did a pretty good job of stopping my panic attacks back in high school, saving my torso lord knows how many gashes from a steak knife rubbed over with sliced jalopenos.

These are very grey areas.

Benis23
08-30-2007, 05:49 PM
And yes, certain members of the group (most notably Paxil) have been theoretically established as increasing the rate of suicide, and it's hard to say what the true motivation for the suicides could have been. Purely chemically induced? If one follows that logic then it rather goes against Benis's contention that manipulation of serotonin is not related to depression.

I said that low serotonin levels do not CAUSE depression. serotonin levels do have an effect on mood, but what CAUSES depression is a combination of liability genes and environmental factors.

google an article called "advertisements for ssris may be misleading" by laurie barclay. that explains it better than i can.

i am still really curious about owen wilsons suicide attempt. he seems to have so many great things going on in his life. i would love to know what the exact role the ssris and the cocaine and heroine that he was reportedly taking had.

Yablonowitz
08-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Paxil was shown in clinical trials to increase the prevalence of suicidal thoughts in teenagers. They covered it up and put it on the market anyway. Fuck a pharmaceutical company.

That's true. Still, millions of people take it and are helped by it.

gaypalmsprings
08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.animatedemailstationery.com/Prozac.gif

RotationSlimWang
08-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I said that low serotonin levels do not CAUSE depression. serotonin levels do have an effect on mood, but what CAUSES depression is a combination of liability genes and environmental factors.

google an article called "advertisements for ssris may be misleading" by laurie barclay. that explains it better than i can.

i am still really curious about owen wilsons suicide attempt. he seems to have so many great things going on in his life. i would love to know what the exact role the ssris and the cocaine and heroine that he was reportedly taking had.

Fuck your google, if you want me to read it, link it.

And YES, for the last fucking time, nothing is strictly nature, nothing is strictly nurture. OF COURSE environmental factors contribute to depression. Some depressions can be completely environmental in their derivision. But the argument is whether or not serotonin therapy CAN be effective in treating some forms of depression.

You're really surprised by Owen Wilson's suicide attempt? Man, what kind of half-assed psych student are you? There's a paper trail multiple millenia long demonstrating that success of the caliber Owen has been "enjoying" carries with it an almost 50-50 chance of complete soul-deadening just as much as it does total fulfillment. Citizen Kane, anyone?

Wheres the beef?
08-30-2007, 07:59 PM

Finally someone fucking said it. I am sick of people trying to argue things and saying shit like "if you googled it". Fuck no. Whos got that kind of time? If you want to prove your point you better be ready to serve up sources quickly and efficiently.

TOLD.

Yablonowitz
08-31-2007, 07:05 AM
There's a paper trail multiple millenia long demonstrating that success of the caliber Owen has been "enjoying" carries with it an almost 50-50 chance of complete soul-deadening just as much as it does total fulfillment. Citizen Kane, anyone?

Not to mention that movies such as Bottle Rocket and Tenenbaums, which Owen Wilson has co-written, have had characters who were either in a mental health care facility or attempted suicide.

gaypalmsprings
08-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Finally someone fucking said it. I am sick of people trying to argue things and saying shit like "if you googled it". Fuck no. Whos got that kind of time? If you want to prove your point you better be ready to serve up sources quickly and efficiently.

TOLD.

http://www.noisebot.com/images/google-thumb.gif

Benis23
08-31-2007, 10:16 AM

And YES, for the last fucking time, nothing is strictly nature, nothing is strictly nurture. OF COURSE environmental factors contribute to depression. Some depressions can be completely environmental in their derivision. But the argument is whether or not serotonin therapy CAN be effective in treating some forms of depression.

You're really surprised by Owen Wilson's suicide attempt? Man, what kind of half-assed psych student are you? There's a paper trail multiple millenia long demonstrating that success of the caliber Owen has been "enjoying" carries with it an almost 50-50 chance of complete soul-deadening just as much as it does total fulfillment. Citizen Kane, anyone?

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/516262
heres the link. the reason that i didnt post it before is that if you click on that link, the site is going to make you create a username. if you google it yourself, it wont. just trying to make your life easier.

in saying that the issue is whether serotonin treatment CAN be effective, either you're completely backtracking or you havent read my previous posts. do you want a link to those posts or do you think you can manage to find those on your own? man, you're fucking unbelievable. you whine and whine about how i have not provided you with sufficient studies. then, i provide them and you whine some more.

if you havent taken a look at it, i previously pasted a very interesting post-mortem study showing that serotonin levels are the same in people who commit suicide as with people who die of natural causes.

i've been saying that serotonin is related to depression (although it is not a CAUSE for depression) and that in some cases it can be a good treatment.

my argument is basically that ssris should be seen as a last restort as a treatment. changes in exercise, diet and therapy should come first. there are some significant problems with ssris, and they are a far from perfect treatment. read that article, because that doctor expresses it better than i can, and read my previous posts if you still do not understand my position.

as far as the owen wilson thing goes, yes i am confused by it. i am by no means claiming to be a know-it-all about depression (and really, nobody is. there are some things about depression that no one understands). i am obviously not a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist, i just majored in psychology at UCLA when i was an undergrad there, and UCLA does have the strongest psych department in the country.

Yablonowitz
09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm suffering from this. (http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/problem_detail.asp?SDID=6327:1381)

HowToDisappear
09-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Liar.

I saw you smear that peanut butter on that waffle.

That's revolting, by the way.

gaypalmsprings
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
UAqyWA55Xmw

Yablonowitz
09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Liar.

I saw you smear that peanut butter on that waffle.

That's revolting, by the way.

Have you ever tried it?! HMMMM?! I thought the same thing until I put some on a waffle.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 12:41 AM
Anyone in California work in mental hospitals or know anything about the particulars of checking into one? Are there decent ones that you can go into without paying money or having insurance? Can you check yourself out?

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 02:12 AM
Also, I guess this doesn't qualify as a Music Lounge thread.

fatbastard
09-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Have you ever tried it?! HMMMM?! I thought the same thing until I put some on a waffle.

Peanut butter, honey and waffles are the best.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Peanut butter, honey and waffles are the best.

This is borderline symptomatic of Bi-Polar Grossness Disorder.

I dig the peanut butter part, though.

Stefinitely Maybe
09-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Why is this thread in the Music Lounge?

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Why is this thread in the Music Lounge?

Also, I guess this doesn't qualify as a Music Lounge thread.

I think the thread might be suffering from schizophrenia. It thinks it's music.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I think the thread might be suffering from schizophrenia. It thinks it's music.

Anyone in California work in mental hospitals or know anything about the particulars of checking into one? Are there decent ones that you can go into without paying money or having insurance? Can you check yourself out? RSW~ I think if you just go around singing along and acting indecent on a nearby streetcorner,you won't have to worry about funds or insurance to find that ol' mental hospital...The little yellow bus will be obliged to aid you along~And, if you do this closer to the end of April 2008, they may just drop you off at COACHELLA! I can't think of a more decent place for a true music nut!

matildawong
09-24-2007, 08:51 AM
sigh

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Gee, ask a serious question in the mental health thread and look at all the help you get. Whatever, fuck it.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Gee, ask a serious question in the mental health thread and look at all the help you get. Whatever, fuck it. Ask a serious question in almost any thread here and see what you get~

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:03 AM
RSW~ Ha,ha,ha! I glanced at your avatar and for the life of me, couldn't figure out if it was 2 chicks laying naked side by side, or something of an indecent nature...Then I realized what long legs you have, and the look on your feet as they stared up at you...

matildawong
09-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I tried looking some stuff up for you RSW, but couldn't find anything helpful enough to share.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Much appreciated, Matilda. I was hoping somebody had either been committed/committed self or worked in a hospital and might therefore know, didn't mean for anyone to go do research I can do myself. But points to you for being a good person.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Much appreciated, Matilda. I was hoping somebody had either been committed/committed self or worked in a hospital and might therefore know, didn't mean for anyone to go do research I can do myself. But points to you for being a good person.
As the number of people living in cities increased, there became an increasingly large population of urban mentally ill. Generally speaking, in rural areas the mentally ill had been able to rely on local support of the people around them, or managed to simply go unnoticed amongst the rest of the population. However, under the demands of larger cities they faced a higher degree of difficulty and had a much greater chance of causing disruption or simply being a nuisance. So, move to the country and become unnoticed???

J~$$$
09-24-2007, 09:15 AM
jykg9jDI6T8&mode

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Actually, I sometimes believe that the crazy people are really the smartest...

J~$$$
09-24-2007, 09:17 AM
You must be the most sane person on the planet.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
You must be the most sane person on the planet. .......Hey! I got that! And both of my personalities think it sucks!

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Je$$~ Feeling alittle "tainted "today, are we?

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 09:25 AM
As the number of people living in cities increased, there became an increasingly large population of urban mentally ill. Generally speaking, in rural areas the mentally ill had been able to rely on local support of the people around them, or managed to simply go unnoticed amongst the rest of the population. However, under the demands of larger cities they faced a higher degree of difficulty and had a much greater chance of causing disruption or simply being a nuisance. So, move to the country and become unnoticed???

Dude, take your schtick to another thread or something. First of all, I'm not even sure you know what a joke is. Second of all, how in the fuck did you possibly interpret the question as being a need to hide from people? How would that possibly solve a mental collapse, aside from making sure you're too far away from anywhere that can actually help? Or was that the joke? I don't know, and I don't think I care.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Dude, take your schtick to another thread or something. First of all, I'm not even sure you know what a joke is. Second of all, how in the fuck did you possibly interpret the question as being a need to hide from people? How would that possibly solve a mental collapse, aside from making sure you're too far away from anywhere that can actually help? Or was that the joke? I don't know, and I don't think I care. Christ Allmighty! So I wasted my time looking up mental health and shared the first thing I read...Trying to lighten up the subject, my friend...I guess I'll quit caring as well...I mean, if you're really serious, why ask on the Coachella board? Piss on your funky slippers!

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 09:33 AM
If your version of caring is providing some information completely and utterly fucking non-responsive to the question than yes, please cut it out. How the fuck did you think that was in any way helpful? No, scratch helpful--how the fuck did what you say have anything to do with the question at all? I asked about the particulars of getting into a mental hospital in LA, and you responded with some half-crocked shit about moving to a rural area to hide.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:38 AM
If your version of caring is providing some information completely and utterly fucking non-responsive to the question than yes, please cut it out. How the fuck did you think that was in any way helpful? No, scratch helpful--how the fuck did what you say have anything to do with the question at all? I asked about the particulars of getting into a mental hospital in LA, and you responded with some half-crocked shit about moving to a rural area to hide.Apparently you missed my first suggestion...which was also a feeble-assed attempt at humor... Sorry, but I won't waste my real degree in humor...that'll cost you...

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
And stop it, right now! I feel an anxiety attack approaching, which in turn makes me sad, and I'm out of medication! You know what that means, don't you? Uh-huh...The little yellow bus is coming to take me away! Ha-ha-ee-ee-ho-ho! And it's free too! That's my final answer!

Yablonowitz
09-24-2007, 09:45 AM

Suicides and depression are more prevalent in rural areas. Particularly western rural areas. Most cities have lower suicide rates than most small communities.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Suicides and depression are more prevalent in rural areas. Particularly western rural areas. Most cities have lower suicide rates than most small communities. I tried to get him to think about going...he wouldn't listen...Sorry,that wasn't nice...Him and his silly-assed slippers got me all pissy...Must take a chill-pill now...

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Perhaps it's time for me to head to the tainted thread now, thank you...

Yablonowitz
09-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Perhaps it's time for me to head to the tainted thread now, thank you...

Actually, you might be the one in need of a commitment, if you catch my drift.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Actually, you might be the one in need of a commitment, if you catch my drift. Actually, I wasn't like this until I came to the board....Y'all are making me fucking nuts!

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I tried to get him to think about going...he wouldn't listen...Sorry,that wasn't nice...Him and his silly-assed slippers got me all pissy...Must take a chill-pill now...

Oh, so you were trying to be funny. Okay. Well let me give you a piece of advice--you don't know how to be. You should stop trying.

See, the difference between your advice and my advice is that mine is both accurate and helpful.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh, so you were trying to be funny. Okay. Well let me give you a piece of advice--you don't know how to be. You should stop trying.

See, the difference between your advice and my advice is that mine is both accurate and helpful. And I should take this bit of imfo from one questioning their own mental stability?

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Plenty of insights came from the marginally psychotic.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Plenty of insights came from the marginally psychotic. I tried stating something to that effect earlier, but was shot down...Fuck 'em, right?

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 12:01 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the time I've spent trying to "hold my own" on this board, could have been more wisely spent masturbating...:rolleyes

J~$$$
09-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Why don't you go fire it up and not come back.

nothingman00
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
This thread is on page 11 yet somehow lost all relevance about 10 pages ago...

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 12:40 PM
This thread is on page 11 yet somehow lost all relevance about 10 pages ago...

Zach, the percentage of threads that stay on topic for more than one page is smaller than my mother's dick.

nothingman00
09-24-2007, 12:58 PM
So you're saying your mother has a dick...

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah, if you can even call that a dick. Pathetic, if you ask me.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Life just got a lot better. Tonight's recipe, thanks to someone with a lot more money than me:

one ounce of kush
one quarter ounce of coke, some of which will be crack later
115 Norcos
15 e pills
a mess of xanax and valium

Maybe, just maybe... my luck's turning around.

Our love is God. Let's get a slushee.

Bud Luster
09-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Life just got a lot better. Tonight's recipe, thanks to someone with a lot more money than me:

one ounce of kush
one quarter ounce of coke, some of which will be crack later
115 Norcos
15 e pills
a mess of xanax and valium

Maybe, just maybe... my luck's turning around.

Our love is God. Let's get a slushee.

"a mess" of xanax and valium will do the trick for sure. They make everything aaaaalll riiiiiiight. And E, I haven't had any since Coachella. I'll be on the lookout at the Love Parade this weekend though. What exactly is Norco?

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
10 mg of the same opiate as Vicodin (hydrocodone), but with half as much acetaminophen per pill.

Bud Luster
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Damn that acetaminophen in my fucking Vicodin, Darvocet, etc.. gets my stomach fucking churning every time.

Also, had any capsuled E lately? Havent seen any in a while. My friend and I always debate which is best. He loves (and trusts from strange folk) the pressies, I say it depends...

full on idle
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
You're gonna fucking die Wang and it makes me feel messed up to witness.

Bud Luster
09-24-2007, 02:13 PM
I cant see ya over the internets RotoWang, do your thing. I do think you should leave the coke/crack alone though.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Damn that acetaminophen in my fucking Vicodin, Darvocet, etc.. gets my stomach fucking churning every time.

Also, had any capsuled E lately? Havent seen any in a while. My friend and I always debate which is best. He loves (and trusts from strange folk) the pressies, I say it depends...

Yeah, that's why oxy is so great. It's ridiculous how much worse fucking tylenol is in you than the actual drug.

You're gonna fucking die Wang and it makes me feel messed up to witness.

Valarie, please, calm down. I know what I'm doing, kiddo, though I know you don't believe it. I don't even think I'm going to indulge in any of the coke or derivatives because I've noticed God seems to really get pissed when I smoke rock and I can't afford him to drop the hammer on me anymore right now.

I'm gonna take a few e, smoke some weed to chill out the roll, and then take a couple xanax and Norcos to help with the come down. I have to sell pretty much all the Norcos anyway because I'm so broke the only thing I've eaten for the past two weeks is five, maybe six soft tacos from Taco Bell.

Besides, I haven't done a single drug for at least a month. Jesus Christ, a month... I hadn't gone more than a week at the absolute max since I was 17. So, in another way of thinking, I'm pretty healthy. =)

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh, and no, I haven't seen any capsule e in a long time. Frankly the last several times someone sold me some supposedly pure MDMA in a capsule, usually for like 30 dollars, it was a big disappointment. At least with presses you can look them up on pillreports.

full on idle
09-24-2007, 02:22 PM
You made it sound like you were gonna take all that shit at the same time, and that didn't sound like somebody who knew what they were doing. You need to find a Krishna house or a church or something and get some food.

luckyface
09-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Holy shit, you really like drugs.

Bud Luster
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
At least with presses you can look them up on pillreports.

Nice, just checked this out. The site I used to use has gone under. I remember you telling me about the pink bunnies and did a generic search. Good stuff.

Yablonowitz
09-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Besides, I haven't done a single drug for at least a month. Jesus Christ, a month... I hadn't gone more than a week at the absolute max since I was 17. So, in another way of thinking, I'm pretty healthy. =)

This isn't meant to be insulting, it's an honest question: are you exlusively all about the here and now or do you actually have personal goals/aspirations that you may find fulfilling and, perhaps, life sustaining? I mean...do you really not expect to live longer than 35 years?

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
This isn't meant to be insulting, it's an honest question: are you exlusively all about the here and now or do you actually have personal goals/aspirations that you may find fulfilling and, perhaps, life sustaining? I mean...do you really not expect to live longer than 35 years?

Once again, Yabs, you're going to get me besieged with a ton of "everyone look how much drugs I do" etc etc. Expect Tom to come by with some more of his trademark snideness in 5... 4... 3...

Yes, I do have aspirations. I have more or less convinced myself that I am going to be a very successful artist, starting in and working primarily in the medium of film, but I have designs on other forms as well. What I don't expect (cue the gaggle of assholes with their "pity party" comments) is that I'm ever going to be truly satisfied except by art and drugs.

Relationships are a big no. Just doesn't fly. God don't like it, I don't get it. I do hope to have children--well, boys at least--possibly more than anything in the world. I suppose that should've been included in the last paragraph. But as much as raising a kid feels like the only thing that will ever bring me back to the one thing that really meant anything to me, there has always been this nagging feeling in the back of my spine where I usually get my intuitions (such intuitions are accurate with a frequency you would call bullshit on) that I just wasn't meant to live very long.

This started before I got into drugs. I suppose it probably began when my suicidal tendencies kicked in, which I guess was about 10. So basically in order to make it to 35 I have to somehow maintain the drug habits that keep me willing to live (an urge that's going to be a whole lot harder to resist once my mom's dead and I don't have to feel guilty about doing that to her) without overdosing, and also become a success (the only thing that will validate me) without falling prey to one of those freak accidents that tend to kill famous people who are the way I am.

And something in my spine says the odds aren't great. HST pulled it off for a long time, that'd be nice. But it just feels dubious, that's all.

Commence belittlement... NOW!

algunz
09-24-2007, 03:26 PM
How old was Hunter when he finally ended it? It's a miracle that he made it that far, and thank god because he left a lot of cool shit in his wake.

J~$$$
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Glad to Be Me!

Sometimes I wish I was someone else, but mostly I’m glad I’m ME!
We all have our likes and differences as everyone can see.
Some of us like to hurry, some like to take our time.
Some spend all their money, some save each dime.
Some are good at English; some are good at math.
Some of us like showers some prefer the bath.
Some of us are quiet; some of us are loud.
Some of us like to be alone; some of us like a crowd.
Some of us are tall; some of us are short.
Some like to play an instrument, some like to play a sport.
Some of us are black or brown, and some of us are white.
Some of us leave the light on when we go to bed at night.
All of us are special as everyone can see,
You like you, and I like you, but also I like ME!

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 03:32 PM
67. He and I were so supposed to hang out, I was pissed about that. I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy. My body has proven it can take so much I may be one of his ilk and I'll just keep going. But there's also the thing that I think there's a massive period of death and destruction coming in the next fifteen years, so I don't expect a lot of people to make it to 2025. ::shrug::

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Glad to Be Me!

Sometimes I wish I was someone else, but mostly I’m glad I’m ME!
We all have our likes and differences as everyone can see.
Some of us like to hurry, some like to take our time.
Some spend all their money, some save each dime.
Some are good at English; some are good at math.
Some of us like showers some prefer the bath.
Some of us are quiet; some of us are loud.
Some of us like to be alone; some of us like a crowd.
Some of us are tall; some of us are short.
Some like to play an instrument, some like to play a sport.
Some of us are black or brown, and some of us are white.
Some of us leave the light on when we go to bed at night.
All of us are special as everyone can see,
You like you, and I like you, but also I like ME! I say group hug...for RSW...With RSW???

algunz
09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
What inspires your thoughts of armageddon?

Maybe you should start your own religion. It's a great way to make a lot of money.

amyzzz
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
..and a great way to feed his ego.

J~$$$
09-24-2007, 03:53 PM
For some odd reason I want to have sexy with ran_dog now.

TomAz
09-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Once again, Yabs, you're going to get me besieged with a ton of "everyone look how much drugs I do" etc etc. Expect Tom to come by with some more of his trademark snideness in 5... 4... 3...

Yes, I do have aspirations. I have more or less convinced myself that I am going to be a very successful artist, starting in and working primarily in the medium of film, but I have designs on other forms as well. What I don't expect (cue the gaggle of assholes with their "pity party" comments) is that I'm ever going to be truly satisfied except by art and drugs.

Relationships are a big no. Just doesn't fly. God don't like it, I don't get it. I do hope to have children--well, boys at least--possibly more than anything in the world. I suppose that should've been included in the last paragraph. But as much as raising a kid feels like the only thing that will ever bring me back to the one thing that really meant anything to me, there has always been this nagging feeling in the back of my spine where I usually get my intuitions (such intuitions are accurate with a frequency you would call bullshit on) that I just wasn't meant to live very long.

This started before I got into drugs. I suppose it probably began when my suicidal tendencies kicked in, which I guess was about 10. So basically in order to make it to 35 I have to somehow maintain the drug habits that keep me willing to live (an urge that's going to be a whole lot harder to resist once my mom's dead and I don't have to feel guilty about doing that to her) without overdosing, and also become a success (the only thing that will validate me) without falling prey to one of those freak accidents that tend to kill famous people who are the way I am.

And something in my spine says the odds aren't great. HST pulled it off for a long time, that'd be nice. But it just feels dubious, that's all.

Commence belittlement... NOW!

Randy, this gentleman would like to interview you for a little book he's working on:

http://blogs.ocregister.com/sciencedude/sigmund.jpg

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
What inspires your thoughts of armageddon?

Maybe you should start your own religion. It's a great way to make a lot of money.

That's what Heinlein and Hubbard used to say.

The full explanation is pretty lengthy, I think I may have regurgitated it on here before. But here's some of the big points:

The American Empire has to collapse. We're already showing all the beginning signs of the decline of an empire. Being the largest empire ever in history, the war the precipitates this will have to be tremendous. This war is also unavoidable for reasons of population.

Statistics says the global population doubles every fifty years or so--give or take a decade shift here or there. Remarkable, but apparently true. Even events like the Black Plague or WWII did not stop this growth--in fact, they were necessary to retard our population expansion. War is one of humanity's unique ways of playing out the natural laws of the ecosystem--competition for resources forces the survival instinct to cause us to fight and die so that the world can continue to support our living. If we go fifty years without some kind of massive culling we will be at 12-13 billion people. That's worldwide population pressure. What kind of a war, not to mention other catastrophe, would derive from the first instance of true worldwide population pressure?

Think about a hundred years. 26 billion people? Can't happen. SOMETHING--more likely somethings--must occur to "reset" our expansion. Our development is accelerating incredibly rapidly. Too rapidly for there to not be an eventual combustion. Perpetual motion is simply not possible, even when you're talking about civilization. Our weapons grow ever closer to becoming "doomsday" capabilities. We are very shortly going to be embroiled in a war with at least three countries in the middle east, with more soon to follow, and with European nations suffering all the terrorism for whatever reason. Eventually they will get tired of our shit fucking up their shit, there will be some clashing.

Then some day an act of SERIOUS terrorism will go down--and arguably with good reason, I believe, when it finally happens. Not 9/11 shit, but dirty bomb shit, or a real biological attack, either here or abroad. Like all empires we'll continue to cling to the power of our force to end the threat, but there is no specific threat--there is only the cycles of life that continually peak and valley and revolve and nothing can stop them. You will see our military present throughout our major cities to protect us, but the people will resent it. Dissent will grow, and as with all empires, eventually there will be civil war.

Which will be the opportunity for the rest of the world, having seen that we are simply out of control, to do what has to be done and take out our leadership. Major cities will perish. There will be a retaliation, of course. Their major cities will perish.

Things will reset. Get ready to farm.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Randy, this gentleman would like to interview you for a little book he's working on:

A Way Too Big Picture Of Freud

Oh yeah? So what's your analysis, babe?

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Without requoting all of that in #342, I stick with my first analysis earlier...Sometimes I think the Crazy ones are the smartest...

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
You made it sound like you were gonna take all that shit at the same time, and that didn't sound like somebody who knew what they were doing. You need to find a Krishna house or a church or something and get some food.

And Valarie, c'mon. I know you haven't always thought too much of me, but if there's one thing you should have faith in it's that I know how to do drugs. There's no way I'm overdosing while my mom is still alive--I don't take that chance. Besides, doing them all at once would be counterproductive. The xanax and valium would negate the ecstasy--wouldn't be dangerous at all but would kill both effects. Mixing painkillers and ecstasy would again be like throwing a wet blanket on a nice warm vagina. You can mix weed with anything of course. And while smoking crack on e is a little tempting, as a wise druggie I never combine unpredictable uppers.

Hallucinogens, on the other hand, you can fucking mix as much as your brain can handle. Now that is an entirely different story.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Without requoting all of that in #342, I stick with my first analysis earlier...Sometimes I think the Crazy ones are the smartest...

Reverse it and you're right--the smartest ones are crazy.

Threw that one in for you, Gabe. =)

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM

And Valarie, c'mon. I know you haven't always thought too much of me, but if there's one thing you should have faith in it's that I know how to do drugs. There's no way I'm overdosing while my mom is still alive--I don't take that chance. Besides, doing them all at once would be counterproductive. The xanax and valium would negate the ecstasy--wouldn't be dangerous at all but would kill both effects. Mixing painkillers and ecstasy would again be like throwing a wet blanket on a nice warm vagina. You can mix weed with anything of course. And while smoking crack on e is a little tempting, as a wise druggie I never combine unpredictable uppers.

Hallucinogens, on the other hand, you can fucking mix as much as your brain can handle. Now that is an entirely different story. Okay, so I was wrong...

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Um, why does that make you wrong? Nothing I said there is at all inaccurate, depending on what you define as a hallucinogen.

I'm not insisting that you're right, but I don't understand how all my other crazy bullshit is somehow smarter than that.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Um, why does that make you wrong? Nothing I said there is at all inaccurate, depending on what you define as a hallucinogen.

I'm not insisting that you're right, but I don't understand how all my other crazy bullshit is somehow smarter than that. I'm a concerned mixologist...

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
... okay... is that all? How illuminating.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM

I'm not insisting that you're right, but I don't understand how all my other crazy bullshit is somehow smarter than that. And quite honestly, your other bullshit could never outsmart your obvious knowledge of substances~

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
I now bow to you...

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Dude, apparently I'm crazy, but I don't have a fucking clue what you're trying to say because you talk in these series of statements that seem completely contradictory. What did you mean when you said "okay I was wrong?" That's what I'm not following.

EDIT: Oh. Um, okay. Well... you can rise.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Fucking hell. Now there's going to be K thrown into the mix as well. God, this is starting to feel like the end of the month parties at Twilo back in the day except without mushrooms, G, meth, and acid added in.

Holy fucking shit. We actually did have all of that on more than one occasion. What in the fuck were we thinking.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Dude, apparently I'm crazy, but I don't have a fucking clue what you're trying to say because you talk in these series of statements that seem completely contradictory. What did you mean when you said "okay I was wrong?" That's what I'm not following.

EDIT: Oh. Um, okay. Well... you can rise. Christ Allmighty RSW! I was only pointing out that in your in depth analysis of the upcoming "farming of the world," seemed so intelligent and well said for a crazy person...Then you chased it up with your vast knowledge of substances, leaving off with an unmeasured recipe for hallucinogentics based upon what your brain can handle...Does a crazy person even know what their brain can handle? Trip smartly, my friend...BTW...Before you even say it....I will shit the fuck up now...:winkiss

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Fucking hell. Now there's going to be K thrown into the mix as well. God, this is starting to feel like the end of the month parties at Twilo back in the day except without mushrooms, G, meth, and acid added in.

Holy fucking shit. We actually did have all of that on more than one occasion. What in the fuck were we thinking. I forgot to inquire when exactly showtime begins...

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 05:03 PM
That which makes a sane man crazy makes a crazy man sane sometimes, friend. But it was Twilo at the end of the decade, back when I was dealing and hanging out with people who were REALLY dealing. Before the crackdown around 2000, you could go up to NY and stay in a club until 10 am doing anything you wanted, no problem. With twelve hours to kill and a half a million dollar disco ball and two and a half million dollar sound system, why not?

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Should be kicking off soon. Fucking San Diego people, man... dude's making me nervous as fuck. If something happens to him on the way to my place I'm gonna be so fucked and so angry. My bed will be a bloody mess by the end of the night.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh my god... I was just giving him directions to my place and his phone died. No. No. No. No. No. No. Can't be. Cannot happen. No. I'll fucking flip. No. Can't be.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh my god... I was just giving him directions to my place and his phone died. No. No. No. No. No. No. Can't be. Cannot happen. No. I'll fucking flip. No. Can't be. Two ways to look at this, my friend...The Party Gods are sayin' "Just not yet, Rotation, just not yet..." Or, you could get naked and head out onto the streetcorner right now and wait for that little yellow bus...won't cost you a thing, I bet...

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh, it worked out, thank god. He just lost reception going through the hills. Now he just has to brave the horrors of getting on the 101 from the 405 and we're home free and high as fuck.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh, it worked out, thank god. He just lost reception going through the hills. Now he just has to brave the horrors of getting on the 101 from the 405 and we're home free and high as fuck. Geez, what I would give for a Before & After shot of you in this state you're in!

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Like me now and me when I get home? Alright, I'll take one now, we'll see if later is interesting enough to post.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you just want to jerk off to my gorgeous mug, though.

algunz
09-24-2007, 08:11 PM
RSW, is the demise of our modern civilization only to be credited to man-mad horrors? Or do you see the possibility of the earth fighting back? What better way to fight population growth? Or better yet is Xeno coming?

nothingman00
09-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Wow, I thought my night was going well... A bottle of wine (going on the second), some hash (hadn't had hash in awhile!), and a few pills... Jesus Randy... I'm 29 and still alive, and strangely enough I echo the sentiments you made regarding the squeezing of civilization over the next 10-15 years... I've espoused the theory plenty of times when friends tried to intervene in my life. Until I got married and had my daughter, that is... Everything changed in an instant. I still party, I just don't put myself in weird positions like 2-balls of blow with several x tabs around... Stay away from the crack/blow tonight. Pop your tabs, smoke your kush, forget the k altogether, pop your pills as you come down, then blow yourself back into a stupor tomorrow... And Randy, when I was 21, I was asked the same basic question that Greg asked you earlier: Do you care if you're dead by 30? I always said, "I don't really care if I make it past 25 as long as I die with a smile". Well bro, times change, your mind evolves, and all of a sudden, life is precious. So, go hard tonight. Go really hard. Just don't go TOO hard. And yes, I understand that you know what you're doing with your substances, but stay safe and have fun. It's perfectly acceptable to do both.

algunz
09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, nothing? Cheers, I only wish I was passing the pipe with you tonight.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 08:30 PM
It's not man-made horrors, it's the natural progression of things. Are there things we can do to stop it? Sure. Kill three billion people.

And Zach, I don't think I'm gonna be having any more fun than you tonight. It would appear that the unbelievable bag of worthless shitfucks that is California have flaked yet again, meaning everything is fucked. I'm sure getting married and having a kid is nice. I'd like a kid. It ain't happening. And I never said I don't care whether or not I die. I care rather a lot. But sometimes I care to die, and sometimes I care to not. The "not" takes a lot more effort, though. And I am going to go hard tonight. I'm going to stay in my room and do some horrible things. And then tomorrow might be a very eventful day indeed.

algunz
09-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Put it on YouTube, and we'll counsel you tomorrow, sweetheart.

Such is the world we live in. It will all be over soon.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Oh joy, there's counseling available? That's what I need--more insight from Orange County schoolteachers.

algunz
09-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok, I guess I wear it like a scarlet T.

But, it's only 'cause I care. That sounds trivial in the context of a music message board, but it's true.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Sorry kiddo, in my experience so far such a beast does not exist out here. This is The Wasteland, remember? There are no real people.

algunz
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Keep looking, they are out there.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Gunz, please, optimism is the last thing I need right now. It never works. If I had been appropriately distrustful of everyone and everything that comes from here I wouldn't be in this predicament, and I wouldn't be making preparations right now to destroy all the work I've done over the past several years to rebuild my karma.

algunz
09-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Figure the worst is you go to bed tonight with unfulfilled plans and then tomorrow you wake up and try again.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Shut the fuck up with that shit. You live in a goddamn dreamworld, woman. I tried the dreamworld and the results are all bad. The first thing I'm doing tomorrow is heading down to Exposition and getting reacquainted with some old friends and returning to the shit that I know works.

algunz
09-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Ok then, good luck - and may your dreams be better tomorrow.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Hahahahahahaha... nevermind everybody, we're okay. You wouldn't even believe me if I told you how it is that he called all of a sudden, but the shit was funny. I love ghosts.

BROKENDOLL
09-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Hahahahahahaha... nevermind everybody, we're okay. You wouldn't even believe me if I told you how it is that he called all of a sudden, but the shit was funny. I love ghosts. Stay Tuned for the next "episode" of "As Slim Wang's World Rotates...":rotfl :rolleyes

nothingman00
09-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Well, I certainly feel warm and cozy... How about you Randy? You hangin' in there? I'm studying for a "Leadership" Exam, watching Magnolia, feeling loose, and generally wishing everybody well... And no, I'm not on anything other than hash, pills (a standard) and 2001 Heitz Cab (2nd bottle). Come to think of it, some of you really shouldn't encourage Randy... Life has a way of spitting out spirits at an alarming rate, regardless of ego, hubris, stubbornness and just plain old underestimation... Underestimation of the cumulative effects of our pathetic decisions...

And yes, I'm watching Magnolia... The end of it, too... "It's not going to stop, till you wise up". Fucking movie reels me in every time it's on.

RotationSlimWang
09-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Well, I certainly feel warm and cozy... How about you Randy? You hangin' in there? I'm studying for a "Leadership" Exam, watching Magnolia, feeling loose, and generally wishing everybody well... And no, I'm not on anything other than hash, pills (a standard) and 2001 Heitz Cab (2nd bottle). Come to think of it, some of you really shouldn't encourage Randy... Life has a way of spitting out spirits at an alarming rate, regardless of ego, hubris, stubbornness and just plain old underestimation... Underestimation of the cumulative effects of our pathetic decisions...

And yes, I'm watching Magnolia... The end of it, too... "It's not going to stop, till you wise up". Fucking movie reels me in every time it's on.

What does the bold part mean? I don't get it. and Wise Up is in the middle of Magnolia.

Oh, and actually nothing worked out for the second time tonight. Man I love living in this shithole.

BROKENDOLL
09-25-2007, 12:09 AM
What does the bold part mean? I don't get it. and Wise Up is in the middle of Magnolia.

Oh, and actually nothing worked out for the second time tonight. Man I love living in this shithole. I'm prepared to hear STFU after I post this, but I tend to believe the phrase, "If it was meant to be, it would have been..." Or, "Since it didn't happen, it's probably just as well..." Okay...I'm ready for my beating...

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 12:17 AM
I tend to believe the phrase, "I'm going to show this person what pain truly means."

nothingman00
09-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm just saying that there are no guarantees in life, Randy. The fact that you highlighted that part tells me you understood but didn't want to admit. And no, "Not going to Stop" is the beginning of the end of the movie... It's about 4/5 of the way through. It's right about the same time the central themes of forgiveness, the inevitability of fate, redemption all begin to take shape... And of course, man's selfish but obvious need to witness "miracles" or acts of god in general...

Anyway, the part in bold is simply in reference to the fact that a lot of people die accidentally. You should know that, of all people on the board. You've lost friends, no? It happens. We aren't invincible. You're not either. Trust me, I'm by no means an old sage, but I can tell you that the air of invincibility is merely a smokescreen; a total illusion that will only serve to let you down. You handle your drugs as a responsible adult, right? Well, so do many of us. But the fact remains that the majority of us who think we are in control have simply been spared by the fates... It isn't our turn yet. You brought up HST and even used one of his favorite words, "ilk"... The truth of the matter, Randy, is that as much as you want to believe you are in complete control of your life, you just haven't been dealt with by the fates yet (nor have most of us, luckily). HST was a freak of nature... But then again, he willed himself to live up to that personae he created and the media perpetuated... He became a caricature of himself, and when he realized that he had no will left to continue the charade, he shot himself in the face, probably realizing that he had underestimated the inevitability of the demise of that driving force. You can handle your drugs, my friend, but hundreds to thousands of people who can handle their drugs end up getting handled by life. It happens. The difference (and at one time, the similarity) between you and I is that I honestly think that deep down you truly know this and still decide to tempt fate to push the boundaries to test your limits, not at all oblivious to the fact that you could be dosing for the last time... It took me OD'ing on a phenobarbital/valium/alcohol/opium cocktail, getting arrested (which saved my life) and subsequently slowly realizing my own mortality and cherishing the possibilities that lay within a life where other people depend on me to actually give a fuck. Then I realized that I always gave a fuck. Funny how that works. You say you value life. Well, value it. Get fucked out of your mind for fuck's sake. Do it again and again and again. You'll never learn, and frankly why should you? And if you do learn, what difference does it really make? We still do the same shit... And yeah, life will eventually filter us out and the only thing that matters is that someone gives a shit. Oh yeah, and that we go out with a smile... On our terms... Like HST.

nothingman00
09-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Yo, by the way, I can't count the number of cliches in that last post, but what I'm saying is this: Live life hard until you wake up and realize you're forced to ease up. Just don't be surprised if one day you don't wake up. If that realization never comes, then you've managed to immortalize yourself in your own way, which is something that many people (including myself) would envy. But for every HST, there are 1,000 Jim Morrisons...

algunz
09-25-2007, 06:51 AM
. . . and a million more Courtney Loves.

TomAz
09-25-2007, 07:10 AM
2001 Heitz Cab (2nd bottle).

nice. very nice. applause.

full on idle
09-25-2007, 08:23 AM
We need a life check on Wang.

Yablonowitz
09-25-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm right now declaring rights to publish the Nothingman-RSW Dialogues, hopefully published by Harpers. It's MY project, don't take it.

full on idle
09-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Tell Tom not me.

Yablonowitz
09-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Tell Tom not me.

Tee-hee.

J~$$$
09-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Hes a drug dealer he wants to put drugs into the hands of your babies. I dont agree with wang. Pot is one thing. Crack? He can go to hell.

Yablonowitz
09-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Hes a drug dealer he wants to put drugs into the hands of your babies. I dont agree with wang. Pot is one thing. Crack? He can go to hell.

He sells crack? I obviously lack reading comprehension. SRSLY? The dude SELLS crack?

J~$$$
09-25-2007, 08:48 AM
He is dropin weight in the streets. Kids got to eat. He aint smokin that shit. Randog is going to flip them squares right off the scale. Seriously he said that he has not eaten in a week except for taco bell hes going to be cuttin his supply and doubling his profits.

Yablonowitz
09-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I need babel fish for street drug lingo.

J~$$$
09-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Ya I might be assuming so im probably going to get blasted by Randog but whatever. He is slangin something and that ounce of kush is only going to last him through the weekend.

mob roulette
09-25-2007, 09:12 AM
I need babel fish for street drug lingo.

Meet me at the trap. It's going down.

J~$$$
Meet me in the mall. Its going down.

Hannahrain
But who did you just get off the phone with?!? The suspense is killing me.

TomAz
09-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Tell Tom not me.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/320801.jpg

full on idle
09-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Anywhere you meet me guaranteed to go down.

mob roulette
09-25-2007, 09:22 AM
b2-5GSjZvW8

J~$$$
09-25-2007, 09:25 AM
FOTHAY CHIDREN!!

nothingman00
09-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Anywhere you meet me guaranteed to go down.

That's what she said.

BROKENDOLL
09-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Ah-hmmm...(Clearing of throat.) Anyone know if Rotation is having a better day than yesterday? His confusion was killing me!

amyzzz
09-25-2007, 11:22 AM
The PM function is your friend.

Benis23
09-25-2007, 11:24 AM
The American Empire has to collapse. We're already showing all the beginning signs of the decline of an empire. Being the largest empire ever in history, the war the precipitates this will have to be tremendous. This war is also unavoidable for reasons of population.

Statistics says the global population doubles every fifty years or so--give or take a decade shift here or there. Remarkable, but apparently true. Even events like the Black Plague or WWII did not stop this growth--in fact, they were necessary to retard our population expansion. War is one of humanity's unique ways of playing out the natural laws of the ecosystem--competition for resources forces the survival instinct to cause us to fight and die so that the world can continue to support our living. If we go fifty years without some kind of massive culling we will be at 12-13 billion people. That's worldwide population pressure. What kind of a war, not to mention other catastrophe, would derive from the first instance of true worldwide population pressure?

Think about a hundred years. 26 billion people? Can't happen. SOMETHING--more likely somethings--must occur to "reset" our expansion. Our development is accelerating incredibly rapidly. Too rapidly for there to not be an eventual combustion. Perpetual motion is simply not possible, even when you're talking about civilization. Our weapons grow ever closer to becoming "doomsday" capabilities. We are very shortly going to be embroiled in a war with at least three countries in the middle east, with more soon to follow, and with European nations suffering all the terrorism for whatever reason. Eventually they will get tired of our shit fucking up their shit, there will be some clashing.

Then some day an act of SERIOUS terrorism will go down--and arguably with good reason, I believe, when it finally happens. Not 9/11 shit, but dirty bomb shit, or a real biological attack, either here or abroad. Like all empires we'll continue to cling to the power of our force to end the threat, but there is no specific threat--there is only the cycles of life that continually peak and valley and revolve and nothing can stop them. You will see our military present throughout our major cities to protect us, but the people will resent it. Dissent will grow, and as with all empires, eventually there will be civil war.

these are all interesting ideas, but i think you are overestimating the problem that population growth really is. it is possible that something horrible will happen in the next 10-15 years, but population growth isn't going to be a significant problem for a few hundred more years, at least, and it certainly won't be a big problem in our lifetimes.

first of all, the population has been doubling every 80 years or so, not every 50. Also, it is easy to underestimate how much uninhabited land there is in the world, and how many places there are that can be expanded. I mean, think of how many people inhabit seoul, south korea. Then, imagine all the unhinhabited places just in north america alone (across the midwest, in alaska, in canada, in mexico) and then imagine the amount of time it will take to expand the population of all those places so that they become as populated as seoul, south korea. We have an enormous amount of expansion that we can do. It will take hundreds and hundreds of years before all of the land is sustaining all the people it can hold.

Also, I feel like it is very important to point out that WW2 was IN ABSOLUTELY NO WAY CONNECTED OR RELATED TO population growth. WW2 was definitely not, as you say, "necessary to retard population growth." WW2 was the result of genocide.

Immediate threats to global safety are terrorism and reckless world leaders. Population growth is far from being an immediate problem. I do agree with you that the American Empire will collapse, and that there is a good chance that will be happening sooner rather than later.

nothingman00
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM
That's what she said.

Seriously, valerie gave me the perfect setup for "That's what she said" and I knock it down and get nada... I'd been waiting for that opportunity to present itself for about a year now and I gets no props... Damn you people for not recogizing proper use of "That's what she said"... (2 days until season 4---giddy up).

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't sell crack, jagoff. Everything but the Norcos were going to be personal consumption. Nothing ever happened. There will be repercussions. I've had every thought you mentioned myself, Zach. We're not in disagreement. Mixing pheno, val, and alcohol though is a pretty good way to get your ass in an ER. I've gotten past the point where I feel the need to mix what Iconsider to be hard drugs--most don't go together well. I never speedballed, for example. Shit's fucking stupid. Anyway, it's all moot now.

nothingman00
09-25-2007, 11:30 AM
The PM function is your friend.

Hey zzz,
Long time, no talk. What's up?

Yablonowitz
09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Fucking World War II was some crazy ass shit, yo.

BROKENDOLL
09-25-2007, 11:32 AM
these are all interesting ideas, but i think you are overestimating the problem that population growth really is. it is possible that something horrible will happen in the next 10-15 years, but population growth isn't going to be a significant problem for a few hundred more years, at least, and it certainly won't be a big problem in our lifetimes.

first of all, the population has been doubling every 80 years or so, not every 50. Also, it is easy to underestimate how much uninhabited land there is in the world, and how many places there are that can be expanded. I mean, think of how many people inhabit seoul, south korea. Then, imagine all the unhinhabited places just in north america alone (across the midwest, in alaska, in canada, in mexico) and then imagine the amount of time it will take to expand the population of all those places so that they become as populated as seoul, south korea. We have an enormous amount of expansion that we can do. It will take hundreds and hundreds of years before all of the land is sustaining all the people it can hold.

Also, I feel like it is very important to point out that WW2 was IN ABSOLUTELY NO WAY CONNECTED OR RELATED TO population growth. WW2 was definitely not, as you say, "necessary to retard population growth." WW2 was the result of genocide.

Immediate threats to global safety are terrorism and reckless world leaders. Population growth is far from being an immediate problem. I do agree with you that the American Empire will collapse, and that there is a good chance that will be happening sooner rather than later. Ever sat behind more than 10-15 cars at a short green light? Now imagine all the newly developed land with it's lights...and no place left to go to get away from it all... Just the thought of all that makes me feel reckless!

J~$$$
09-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Ever sat behind more than 10-15 cars at a short green light? Now imagine all the newly developed land with it's lights...and no place left to go to get away from it all... Just the thought of all that makes me feel reckless!

The moon dummy.

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM

Immediate threats to global safety are terrorism and reckless world leaders. Population growth is far from being an immediate problem. I do agree with you that the American Empire will collapse, and that there is a good chance that will be happening sooner rather than later.

Ah, the UCLA moron again. WWII was the result of genocide? How is that exactly, 'cause no one knew about the genocide until after the war was already over. Go tell China that population growth isn't a problem.

BROKENDOLL
09-25-2007, 11:38 AM
The moon dummy. "Dummy?" "To the moon, Alice," Smartass! Fuck! Now I'm dating myself!

algunz
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Seriously, valerie gave me the perfect setup for "That's what she said" and I knock it down and get nada... I'd been waiting for that opportunity to present itself for about a year now and I gets no props... Damn you people for not recogizing proper use of "That's what she said"... (2 days until season 4---giddy up).

I was gonna say sumthin' but I figured it was a given. So, I apologize and yes it was PERFECT. Well done!!

mob roulette
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Linking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_3) is so much easier than talking. I just don't believe in empirical evidence anymore. Science. Bah.

Also shut up white people. It's going down.

algunz
09-25-2007, 11:53 AM
"Brain Drain"

It reminded me of the paranoid UFO guy from Slacker.

BROKENDOLL
09-25-2007, 11:59 AM

He is dropin weight in the streets. Kids got to eat. He aint smokin that shit. Randog is going to flip them squares right off the scale. Seriously he said that he has not eaten in a week except for taco bell hes going to be cuttin his supply and doubling his profits. Remind me not to ever share my deepest darkest secret with your ass! And who put you in charge of judgement day around here by assuming shit, anyway?

mob roulette
09-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Jesus Christ.

Also Junior shoots Tony. That was going to go in the Heroes thread, but they seem pretty earnest about what they're doing over there.

amyzzz
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey zzz,
Long time, no talk. What's up?
You could use PM too. ;)

Things are OK. Just saw Air and Muse last week after not going to a live show in over a month. Great shows!

J~$$$
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Remind me not to ever share my deepest darkest secret with your ass! And who put you in charge of judgement day around here by assuming shit, anyway?

I hope you don't share anything with me. Ever. I also dont have to assume anything about you anymore.

full on idle
09-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Jesus Christ.

Also Junior shoots Tony. That was going to go in the Heroes thread, but they seem pretty earnest about what they're doing over there.

why would you do that?

I never even OPEN the Sopranos thread.

My eyes.

TomAz
09-25-2007, 12:30 PM
You could use PM too. ;)

he doesn't respond to PMs. hhahahahah.

full on idle
09-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Wait so Wang didn't get the drugs? What the hell was he doing then? Did he leave his room?

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Nope.

full on idle
09-25-2007, 01:16 PM
poor Wang.

mob roulette
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Poor Wang's feet.

I mean slippers.

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
RotationPoorWang.

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I've spent so much time in this room for the past several months it's insane. I only leave for Taco Bell, driving my roommate to work, and job interviews. How in the hell am I not a Coachella Junkie already? Especially considering that I'm a junkie, or would be if I had my druthers.

luckyface
09-25-2007, 01:20 PM
What kind of jobs are you looking for? I sure hope for your sake you are not going to try to work for companies that drug test. Do you ask places if they make you submit drug tests during the interview process?

J~$$$
09-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Mob is hiring.

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 01:30 PM
What kind of jobs are you looking for? I sure hope for your sake you are not going to try to work for companies that drug test. Do you ask places if they make you submit drug tests during the interview process?

I'm looking for practically anything at this point. My main qualifications are in IT, as has come up before but I'll reiterate--Windows Server/Desktop/Network Technician/Admin, but I've also done some work in technical writing, conducted software training for companies, legal assistant and regular assistant. Anything involving writing or editing would be my strongest suit, probably (despite the many complaints of my long-windedness, what I write for my pleasure is not how I write in a professional capacity).

To tell the truth I could pass a drug test now with no problem. I've literally had nothing except a little weed here and there for over a month. But even if I was using, no, I wouldn't bother asking, because I know how to beat a test.

Funny thing is, I'm starting to actually consider sticking with the soberish thing. After all these weeks of nothing and finally getting over some personal shit that was going on that made what should have happened last night so enticing, I feel kinda alright. I'd still love to have my medications again, but maybe this could work.

That could all change when the sun goes down though and my skeleton starts to vibrate.

Yablonowitz
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Do you have any felonies on your record?

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Nope, never even been arrested.

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
The funny thing is that aside from this board there are only... 7 people in the LA area who are real people (not just some degenerate druggies) that I know well enough to ask if they might be able to help get me a job, and there's no way anyone on this board would possibly considering recommending me for anything after all the shit I've said on here.

In the future, I'm pretending to be someone else. =)

J~$$$
09-25-2007, 02:18 PM
I gots a job for ya but its going to involve you tying those slippers to your knees. In all seriousness LA must be one of the hardest places to get a job.

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 02:31 PM
I dunno, there's a lot of jobs. I'm just tired of having bullshit jobs I had to take because I was broke and needed to make rent when I'm really qualified in a couple marketable respects. I was making over 50k when I was 20. Since I've been out here I've had to work for like 15 an hour and shit sometimes because things were rough. I'm tired of it.

full on idle
09-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Move to silicon valley.

Yablonowitz
09-25-2007, 03:10 PM
What the fuck kind of lame ass drug fiend are you if you've never been arrested? You make me fucking sick, you're all talk, talk, talk. Get an arrest record, then I MIGHT start taking you seriously. But until then, you're just a two-bit dime store hood with a big yapper.

mob roulette
09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I love it when Greg talks like a real gangster. Makes my day every time. Word.

RotationSlimWang
09-25-2007, 04:25 PM
If you're smart you don't get arrested. Them's the facts. Same reason I'm not dead of an overdose, and same reason I never got shot.

matildawong
09-26-2007, 10:23 AM
off-topic but sort of thread-topic I am currently in anxiety-hell. I feel like I have a permanent hangover -- like the kind you get when you surface from a nasty bender.
I need something harder than the tylenol that's not doing a thing. blah.

BROKENDOLL
09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Just a dash of the hair of the dog that bit you...But, just a dash-don't "bend it..."

matildawong
09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
yeah, that's the problem.

BROKENDOLL
09-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Ouch! It was already bent?

RotationSlimWang
09-28-2007, 04:35 AM
off-topic but sort of thread-topic I am currently in anxiety-hell. I feel like I have a permanent hangover -- like the kind you get when you surface from a nasty bender.
I need something harder than the tylenol that's not doing a thing. blah.

Either go to a psych and get a script for or find a friend with some xanax/valium/librium/ativan. Or, if you're not the "better living through chemistry" type, I recommend studying meditation. Seriously, it does help. And it's just kinda overall healthy-ifying.

Yablonowitz
09-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Either go to a psych and get a script for or find a friend with some xanax/valium/librium/ativan. Or, if you're not the "better living through chemistry" type, I recommend studying meditation. Seriously, it does help. And it's just kinda overall healthy-ifying.

Do you xanax daily or are you PRN?

RotationSlimWang
09-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Do you xanax daily or are you PRN?

When I still got to do it, it was daily. I think when I very first was prescribed it my doc gave me 1 mg a day meant to be taken PRN (had to look that up, glad I did--love Latin) but enough provided for daily consumption because I was having attacks if not daily than very nearly daily and sometimes multiple times in the same day. But I found that taking benzos as soon as my night vibrations start to set in was very effective in keeping me saner all day long.

For example, before Xanax I was on Paxil, which did a good job of keep my anxiety from building to an intrusive level throughout the day, but it felt weird to be like that (and also had some side effects). With Xanax I got to feel more like myself during the day when it's usually difficult for me to completely lose my shit for no reason anyway, and then at night the Xanax would give me a few brief hours of feeling like what I imagine normal people get to feel like. The pharmaceutical equivalent of having a couple beers after work so you won't mind getting up and doing it again tomorrow so much.

Yablonowitz
09-28-2007, 06:48 AM
When I still got to do it, it was daily. I think when I very first was prescribed it my doc gave me 1 mg a day meant to be taken PRN (had to look that up, glad I did--love Latin) but enough provided for daily consumption because I was having attacks if not daily than very nearly daily and sometimes multiple times in the same day. But I found that taking benzos as soon as my night vibrations start to set in was very effective in keeping me saner all day long.

For example, before Xanax I was on Paxil, which did a good job of keep my anxiety from building to an intrusive level throughout the day, but it felt weird to be like that (and also had some side effects). With Xanax I got to feel more like myself during the day when it's usually difficult for me to completely lose my shit for no reason anyway, and then at night the Xanax would give me a few brief hours of feeling like what I imagine normal people get to feel like. The pharmaceutical equivalent of having a couple beers after work so you won't mind getting up and doing it again tomorrow so much.

That's really interesting. I am most vulnerable to attacks in the middle of the day - between 1-4. And I simply do not ever get rumbles once the sun has gone down. It's like night is a natural sedative for me. Mornings too, but not quite as reliably. There's a lot about the cycles of the day and body chemistry that haven't really been explored that much.

RotationSlimWang
09-28-2007, 06:55 AM
That's really interesting. I am most vulnerable to attacks in the middle of the day - between 1-4. And I simply do not ever get rumbles once the sun has gone down. It's like night is a natural sedative for me. Mornings too, but not quite as reliably. There's a lot about the cycles of the day and body chemistry that haven't really been explored that much.

The really weird thing is that my internal clock (the sleep therapist called it something like that) is nocturnal by nature. One of the bigger pains in the ass I've always had is that my body/brain REALLY wants to be awake from midnight until about 8 or 9 am when I leave it to its own devices, but of course the world and in particularly public schools don't operate like that. I'm most effective at anything creative or mentally taxing during that part of the night, and in the really wee hours when all the world's asleep I am very peaceful.

But something about from sunset until 12-2 or so just fucking drives me batty. Like I'll feel something resembling crazy during crazy-provoking circumstances during the day, but only really during those hours am I ever just sitting around doing nothing stressful whatsoever but get flooded with all kinds of badness from nowhere. Shit's like clockwork.

Yablonowitz
09-28-2007, 06:59 AM
I've found that boredom or lack of "stress" actually puts me into existential angst mode and makes me start down the negative thought pattern trail. I have to keep myself occupied even if its doing something I hate like fucking housework.

RotationSlimWang
09-28-2007, 07:09 AM
You're undoubtedly right. There are a few things I know I could be doing better, but I seem to have finally broken through the incredibly lengthy process of benzo withdrawl (GOD it's the worst fucking addiction in the world to break if you have a serious anxiety condition) and am not so much troubled by true anxiety as the "angst," as you put it. Actually I'd classify it more as there being a lot of aspects of my life that have really needed to change for the better, and have needed to for quite a while now, and I'm in one of those not-catching-a-break phases we all go through from time to time. During the day that's more manageable I guess, I'm usually at least trying somewhat to do something about all these things, but something about the creep of night and the distance it puts between you and the rest of the world makes it all-too "hey, take stock of your life for a second here, buddy. Oh, and you might want a gun."

Yablonowitz
09-29-2007, 06:21 PM

Think about a hundred years. 26 billion people? Can't happen. SOMETHING--more likely somethings--must occur to "reset" our expansion. Our development is accelerating incredibly rapidly. Too rapidly for there to not be an eventual combustion. Perpetual motion is simply not possible, even when you're talking about civilization.

I'd held my tongue on this population argument because I didn't think it was right but I couldn't remember where I had read some contradictory information. I finally found it. In the September issue of Scientific American (http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa030&articleID=09E07C6F-E7F2-99DF-3AD087F0DA77D94F), they had an article that debunked the myth that we would ever get to a point where there were more people alive than the total number of people who have died. It also included important information about what at least one respected authority on population growth predicts for the future. I'll quote some of the more relevant parts:

Today there are more than 6.5 billion people walking on Earth, according to United Nations estimates. Recently, the population has been increasing by about 1.2 percent each year, down from the late 1960s peak of a 2.1 percent yearly growth rate. Some industrialized countries, especially France and Japan, have very low birth rates and their populations are actually dwindling, Haub notes. In developing nations populations continue to grow, but some countries, such as India, are experiencing a slowdown in their growth rate.

Cohen doubts that a doubling of today's population, to 13 billion, will occur, never mind approaching anywhere near 100 billion. Not even the U.N.'s highest projection predicts that much growth, he says. For 2050, the world body's estimates range from 7.3 billion to 10.7 billion people. The median, and most likely, projection of 8.9 billion relies on a gradual slowing of the growth rate. And the U.N. predicts the world population will stabilize at 10 billion inhabitants sometime after 2200.

At the very least this seems to suggest that the growth rate is not a steady, consistent flow, considering it has been going down of late.

matildawong
09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the meditation tip, RSW.
Is there an anti-anxiety med that isn't a narcotic but feels like one?
I need something heavy but technically not addictive. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love addictive, but I just relapsed.
I don't mean to rudely barge in on you and Yablo's discussion, btw.

RotationSlimWang
09-30-2007, 04:18 AM
I'd held my tongue on this population argument because I didn't think it was right but I couldn't remember where I had read some contradictory information. I finally found it. In the September issue of Scientific American (http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa030&articleID=09E07C6F-E7F2-99DF-3AD087F0DA77D94F), they had an article that debunked the myth that we would ever get to a point where there were more people alive than the total number of people who have died. It also included important information about what at least one respected authority on population growth predicts for the future. I'll quote some of the more relevant parts:

Today there are more than 6.5 billion people walking on Earth, according to United Nations estimates. Recently, the population has been increasing by about 1.2 percent each year, down from the late 1960s peak of a 2.1 percent yearly growth rate. Some industrialized countries, especially France and Japan, have very low birth rates and their populations are actually dwindling, Haub notes. In developing nations populations continue to grow, but some countries, such as India, are experiencing a slowdown in their growth rate.

Cohen doubts that a doubling of today's population, to 13 billion, will occur, never mind approaching anywhere near 100 billion. Not even the U.N.'s highest projection predicts that much growth, he says. For 2050, the world body's estimates range from 7.3 billion to 10.7 billion people. The median, and most likely, projection of 8.9 billion relies on a gradual slowing of the growth rate. And the U.N. predicts the world population will stabilize at 10 billion inhabitants sometime after 2200.

At the very least this seems to suggest that the growth rate is not a steady, consistent flow, considering it has been going down of late.

(a) The UN might have good reason to not reveal the fact that utter fuckage is coming.

(b) an increase of 1.7 percent per year, even without compounded interest, means a 75 percent increase in population within 50 years. That's without compounded.

(c) India's growth rate may be slowing, but what was it before? They're one of the most densely overpopulated nations in the world.

(D) all these predictions are based on the notion that slowdowns in some birth rates are evidence of a coming equilibrium, and that this is the turning point where mankind will start to defy the rate of population growth that has quite consistently maintained for more than a millenium. Perhaps this should be a clue: for the first time in history, our species has started to feel the need to retard its production. Maybe it's a solution. Maybe it's a sign that something's about the change. A change that is incomparable to anything else in human history's natural progression.

If you want, I'll drop a bunch of sites on you about the subject. None of them are Scientific American, but I'll weed the looney ones out. I don't want to argue about this though.

RotationSlimWang
09-30-2007, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the meditation tip, RSW.
Is there an anti-anxiety med that isn't a narcotic but feels like one?
I need something heavy but technically not addictive. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love addictive, but I just relapsed.
I don't mean to rudely barge in on you and Yablo's discussion, btw.

Um, no, there are no non-narcotics that feel like narcotics--otherwise we wouldn't do narcotics. But there are things that can make you feel less horrible, to some at least, without being addictive. Go to a doctor.

matildawong
09-30-2007, 08:46 AM
I will. I was hoping against hope you knew of some magical drug.
Thanks.

Yablonowitz
09-30-2007, 09:30 AM
(a) The UN might have good reason to not reveal the fact that utter fuckage is coming.

(b) an increase of 1.7 percent per year, even without compounded interest, means a 75 percent increase in population within 50 years. That's without compounded.

(c) India's growth rate may be slowing, but what was it before? They're one of the most densely overpopulated nations in the world.

(D) all these predictions are based on the notion that slowdowns in some birth rates are evidence of a coming equilibrium, and that this is the turning point where mankind will start to defy the rate of population growth that has quite consistently maintained for more than a millennium. Perhaps this should be a clue: for the first time in history, our species has started to feel the need to retard its production. Maybe it's a solution. Maybe it's a sign that something's about the change. A change that is incomparable to anything else in human history's natural progression.

If you want, I'll drop a bunch of sites on you about the subject. None of them are Scientific American, but I'll weed the looney ones out. I don't want to argue about this though.
No, no. Reading your earlier armageddon scenario reminded me that I'd read something less pessimistic regarding our population growth, which had surprised me because I had thought I'd read that we'd be doubling every 50 years or so. I don't know if there's any way to predict the future of population growth. Figured I'd throw those out there to see what you thought. All done.

RotationSlimWang
09-30-2007, 12:56 PM
No, no. Reading your earlier armageddon scenario reminded me that I'd read something less pessimistic regarding our population growth, which had surprised me because I had thought I'd read that we'd be doubling every 50 years or so. I don't know if there's any way to predict the future of population growth. Figured I'd throw those out there to see what you thought. All done.

Sorry, didn't mean to seem combative, Yabs. I don't think I felt that way when I wrote it either, but it's possible--moody day yesterday.

I guess what it boils down to is that in my head the coming "reset" is an unavoidable ecological event. That the specifics of what the wars would be, why people will starve, what diseases will spread, etc., are all pretty much irrelevant. Even if we somehow forced the whole world down to a zero percent population growth we still have the problem of the average lifespan jumping by leaps and bounds.

A lot of the elements of this belief are rooted in cold, hard facts, but the real reason I'm just so convinced is just that every time I'm either meditating or on spiritual hallucinogens and I hit the point where I can feel the rest of the world... it just becomes blatantly obvious. And I'm well aware that "Well it popped into my head one night on mushrooms" isn't much of an argument, but right now I'm not trying to convince you, just relating something I found interesting. It was a complete and total epiphany, but it wasn't surprising in the least. It just seemed like there could be no other way, and nothing that's happened since then in the world or in people has done anything but feed into the logic of it. ::shrug::

Yablonowitz
09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Just think if Larry Craig had used the "well it just popped into my head while on was mushrooms" excuse rather than the "wide stance" point. He probably wouldn't be about to be removed from the senate.

vinylmartyr
09-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I will. I was hoping against hope you knew of some magical drug.
Thanks.

I know a dude that takes something that acts like a benzo but is not addictive. I will get the name when he comes home.

RotationSlimWang
09-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Besides--how else am I supposed to rise to power? I NEED this Apocalypse, dammit.

matildawong
09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
thanks vinylmartyr. How are you doing?

vinylmartyr
09-30-2007, 07:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyzine

I am doing great. Still a little thrashed. Check out the above link.

RotationSlimWang
09-30-2007, 08:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyzine

I am doing great. Still a little thrashed. Check out the above link.

Huh, I've never heard of this. Every time I need to get off benzos they have to put me on anti-psychotics. Damn brain--I'm gonna stab you with a q-tip.

matildawong
09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
thanks vinyl. I appreciate it.

Yablonowitz
10-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Huh, I've never heard of this. Every time I need to get off benzos they have to put me on anti-psychotics. Damn brain--I'm gonna stab you with a q-tip.

But you don't have psychosis, do you? I mean, I realize you're delusional about the LOTR trilogy, but still...

RotationSlimWang
10-01-2007, 08:32 AM
No, anti-psychotics are basically just very strong tranquilizers that don't have the addictive and nice properties of benzos. Seroquel, Risperdal, etc. They get used as the go-to meds for keeping people sedated in rehabs a lot, especially if you're coming off benzos or heroin.

Yablonowitz
10-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Suicide Note Makes Convincing Case
October 2, 2007 | Issue 43•40

Suicide Note Makes Convincing Case

SHERMAN OAKS, CA—Though friends and family of Michael Swinton, 15, were initially devastasted upon hearing the news of his recent suicide, many agreed Thursday that the explanatory note he penned prior to his death made surprisingly compelling points supporting his decision to take his own life.

"At first, all I could think was what a tragedy it was that he'd thrown away his life like this," said Swinton's mother, Debra. "But I was ultimately swayed by the part in which he talked about how he no longer wanted to be an emotional burden on everyone, and how everything would be easier if he were gone. It's hard to argue with that kind of logic."

According to Swinton's father, Charles, burying a child is the worst thing for a parent to endure, but at least the note explained that he will no longer have to feel guilty when showering his younger, more athletic son with love and attention.

TomAz
10-04-2007, 09:43 AM
I think that's a repeat. I swear that same story (or a similar one) showed up a few years ago.

Yablonowitz
10-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Yo' always pooping on my parade.

miscorrections
10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_48pIyTbrm4A/RwBEMete9eI/AAAAAAAAARo/SkMf8UUSl5A/s400/oxy.jpg

gaypalmsprings
10-04-2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.rhynecats.com/images/xmas/cat_on_drugs.jpg

matildawong
11-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks to RSW and vinyl. They made me get up and go to the dr.... I am on day two of BuSpar. So far, so good. Actually, I feel some hopeful beginnings of relief.
Hopefully I'm not just psyching myself out, but that on the knife-edge feeling is not so bad these past two days.
The drug does give me a buzz, which of course I love, but that may pass. (wah.)

xbnmx
11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I've found that boredom or lack of "stress" actually puts me into existential angst mode and makes me start down the negative thought pattern trail. I have to keep myself occupied even if its doing something I hate like fucking housework.

I am not trying to mock or incite douchebagery in anyway, I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. How can you not consider waves of existential angst to be abnormal or negative to the human mental experience? I cannot imagine having developed into the person that I am without them.

Yablonowitz
11-02-2007, 06:56 PM
I am not trying to mock or incite douchebagery in anyway, I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. How can you not consider waves of existential angst to be abnormal or negative to the human mental experience? I cannot imagine having developed into the person that I am without them.

It's not the existential angst per se, it's the physical symptoms that accompany them upon extended ruminations. I can only stare into Desolation Row for so long before I'm unable to get out of bed or eat a meal.

xbnmx
11-03-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry if information is being repeated but how long have you been takings anti-depression meds and how old were you when you started? Was it a sudden condition or a build-up over time?

Mr.Nipples
12-29-2007, 03:34 PM
im about to read through this thread again but wanted to know what anxiety and depression meds i should definitely look into and which ones i should be weary of...i really dont know where to start...

Yablonowitz
12-29-2007, 03:52 PM
im about to read through this thread again but wanted to know what anxiety and depression meds i should definitely look into and which ones i should be weary of...i really dont know where to start...

I would strongly consider discussing medications with a psychiatrist, despite the stigma attached to that. GPs, generally speaking, are not as knowledgeable about the specifics of dosing, etc.

I'd also suggest staying away from the advice of any of us on this board, everyone's experience is different and people will give you advice based on their personal experiences which is often like comparing apples to oranges.

vinylmartyr
12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
quit doing drugs if you do them

JustSteve
12-29-2007, 05:45 PM
exercise

thelastgreatman
12-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Stay away from them. Meds won't help you in any way. In most cases they make shit worse. People don't get depressed out of the blue. Find out what it is that makes you feel that way and change it.

Who are you, Tom Cruise? I hope every single one of you assholes who post shit like this in this thread (I'm looking at you, Benis) end up with clinically depressed offspring who try to kill themselves as frequently as possible. I wonder if your completely uneducated amateur opinions on the matter will still be as brilliantly myopic about the matter then.

rage patton
12-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Stay away from them. Meds won't help you in any way. In most cases they make shit worse. People don't get depressed out of the blue. Find out what it is that makes you feel that way and change it.

Yes they do. It's called clinical depression. There are many varieties of it.

rage patton
12-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Not if you are ACTUALLY clinically depressed. Im sorry you were misdiagnosed... but sometimes meds are neccessary.

Courtney
12-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm no fucking Tom Cruise, but if you're feeling down there's probably a very good reason behind it. Let's not label it clinical depression just for the fuck of it. I was misdiagnosed as being clinically depressed a while back. I did a lot of searching and realization and found it to be bullshit. There was a lot of shit I wasn't happy about back then, but I changed that. It's as simple as that. Clinically depressed or not, meds are fucking ridiculous.

As Yablo already noted, everyone is different. We have different life circumstances, different brain chemistries and different genetic predispositions. It's naive to think that what worked for you will automatically work for other people exhibiting similar symptoms.

TheWatcher
12-29-2007, 06:56 PM
As Yablo already noted, everyone is different. We have different life circumstances, different brain chemistries and different genetic predispositions. It's naive to think that what worked for you will automatically work for other people exhibiting similar symptoms.

True. Which is why I don't understand why doctors are so quick to prescribe the latest fashionable meds. The pills they give you can really screw you up for life. I am willing to consider that these drugs do help some people, but I have a hard time believing that everyone who gets these drugs actually needs them.

kitt kat
12-29-2007, 09:13 PM
When I went through depression and was diagnosed with another disorder, they tried to put me on meds, but I refused. It took a while, but I definately improved from my situation. (This was...what....maybe 3-4 years ago?) I'm not perfect now, but, hey, who is? Point is, I didn't need to drug myself up. My best friend is on meds, and she says they make her feel numb and phony.

menikmati
12-29-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm just gonna say right here right now, that I don't believe at all that drugs/meds help or are needed for treating any kind of depression. Sorry if I offend/upset anyone by saying that, but it's how I feel...I think all these anti-depressent meds are complete bullshit and people are just brainwashed into thinking they need them (in fact, I think they do way more harm than good).

Really...I can sit here and tell you I've been depressed since 10th grade and never once looked into getting any kind of meds or whatever. I can tell you right now that my life's in the shitter...but guess what, that's just how things go. Everyone experiences shit and downtimes in their lives...it's just about finding ways to move past them that will help "cure" your depression.

Some things you may never be able to overcome fully...some things you might hold on with you for the rest of your life....you just have to find ways to deal with them. Yeah it might take some work and effort, and some days may better than others...but that's life. There is shit times, and good times...just have to learn to deal with it...and that's what I've done....and I think anyone else can do to, without the aid of these so-called helpful meds.

thelastgreatman
12-29-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm just gonna say right here right now, that I don't believe at all that drugs/meds help or are needed for treating any kind of depression. Sorry if I offend/upset anyone by saying that, but it's how I feel...I think all these anti-depressent meds are complete bullshit and people are just brainwashed into thinking they need them (in fact, I think they do way more harm than good).

Really...I can sit here and tell you I've been depressed since 10th grade and never once looked into getting any kind of meds or whatever. I can tell you right now that my life's in the shitter...but guess what, that's just how things go. Everyone experiences shit and downtimes in their lives...it's just about finding ways to move past them that will help "cure" your depression.

Some things you may never be able to overcome fully...some things you might hold on with you for the rest of your life....you just have to find ways to deal with them. Yeah it might take some work and effort, and some days may better than others...but that's life. There is shit times, and good times...just have to learn to deal with it...and that's what I've done....and I think anyone else can do to, without the aid of these so-called helpful meds.

Yeah, I don't think you've experienced true clinical depression, Erik. There aren't shit times and good times for truly depressed people. There's just shit times. This is the problem. You might feel differently about the matter if you couldn't get out of bed in the morning, or found yourself instantly regretting that you'd lived through the night every time you woke up. Perhaps you shouldn't assume that all depression is the same as your depression.

Also, it's unbelievably ignorant for you to say that you don't think these medications work even though you've never taken them and you're not a psychiatrist. You have no basis for this opinion, and apparently don't consider the fact that millions of people find them beneficial to be valid evidence. I could just as easily say that I don't believe insulin works, but diabetics would probably disagree.

Benis23
12-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Who are you, Tom Cruise? I hope every single one of you assholes who post shit like this in this thread (I'm looking at you, Benis) end up with clinically depressed offspring who try to kill themselves as frequently as possible. I wonder if your completely uneducated amateur opinions on the matter will still be as brilliantly myopic about the matter then.

hahaha, I love this discussion, and I'm so glad that people are posting in this thread again. My opinion is generally that anti-depressants are wildly over-prescribed, but in some cases where an individual is seriously depressed and considering suicide, then anti-depressants may be the right treatment.

I remember a little while ago we brought up the issue of whether low levels of serotonin is actually a cause of depression. One thing that I think you should be clear on before taking any anti-depressants (and you would almost definitely be prescribed some form of SSRIs), Mr. Nipples, is that it is not. That is, by taking an SSRI you are not fixing what caused the problem. One analogy is that aspirin is a treatment for headaches, but headaches are not at all caused by a lack of aspirin in your brain. If you are feeling seriously depressed, something is going on in your environment that is contributing to your unhappiness, and you also may have inherited some liability genes.

With anti-depressants, I think you would be naive to not consider that companies are making billions and billions of dollars off this stuff, and their advertisements are very aggressive and often misleading.

One problem that I have with our society is that we seem to want and expect people to be smiley, happy, and cheerful all of the time. Happiness and sadness are two significant human emotions, and it is unrealistic to just pick one and expect to always feel that way. However, there are often cases where people feel depressed nearly all of the time. If that is the case, I would suggest getting more exercise, eating more healthily, being more social, and speaking with a therapist. If you are still very depressed and you have no other ideas as to how to improve your mood, then speaking with a psychiatrist about anti-depressants might be a good idea.

I'm no fucking Tom Cruise, but if you're feeling down there's probably a very good reason behind it. Let's not label it clinical depression just for the fuck of it. I was misdiagnosed as being clinically depressed a while back. I did a lot of searching and realization and found it to be bullshit. There was a lot of shit I wasn't happy about back then, but I changed that. It's as simple as that. Clinically depressed or not, meds are fucking ridiculous.

I had a similar experience. I was incorrectly diagnosed with being depressed at age 17, and I was prescribed Effexor for it. I took it for about a year and a half, and I really feel like the Effexor completely fucked up that year and a half for me, which included my first year of college. I was drowsy, I was lazy, I gained weight, I couldn't get aroused when I needed to, but I was at least in a kind of happy haze. After about a year, I realized that the Effexor was really fucking up a lot of things that were important in my life, and I decided to quit taking it.

Benis23
12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
In most cases they make shit worse. People don't get depressed out of the blue.

Yes they do. It's called clinical depression. There are many varieties of it.

Pharmaceutical companies would love for everyone to think that you just get depressed all of a sudden out of the blue, but it is absolutely untrue. We are not helpless, and we definitely can control our moods to some degree.

I remember studying in one of my psych courses a woman who was clinically depressed. Her life consisted of lying in bed for 16 hours a day, watching TV and eating ice cream. She had inherited money or something so she didn't need to go to work, and she almost never left the house. I mean, can you see how that lifestyle may have contributed to her depression? Just think of how we've evolved. We've evolved to be social, and our ancestors would have needed to get lots of exercise in order to survive. We are basically biologically programmed to enjoy doing certain activities that will enhance our chance of survival. If you don't do those things at all, it should come as no shock that you may feel very unhappy.

thelastgreatman
12-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Psychiatry is prone to incorrect diagnosis. It's one of the fuzzy sciences. Psychiatric medications are prone to affecting individuals very differently and there's practically no way to tell what meds will work for someone except for trial and error. I don't think anyone who knows anything about the practice would argue either of those points.

But neither of those points change the fact that antidepressants can be effective treatments. No one ever said they cure you; no one ever said they are for everyone; no one ever said pharmaceutical companies aren't making billions off them; no one ever said they're always the best treatment.

None of those factors means that the millions of people who feel they benefit from these medications are all just suffering from mass hallucination. They're not a crock, but they are overly promoted and vary a great deal in effectiveness from one individual to the next.

thelastgreatman
12-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Pharmaceutical companies would love for everyone to think that you just get depressed all of a sudden out of the blue, but it is absolutely untrue. We are not helpless, and we definitely can control our moods to some degree.

I remember studying in one of my psych courses a woman who was clinically depressed. Her life consisted of lying in bed for 16 hours a day, watching TV and eating ice cream. She had inherited money or something so she didn't need to go to work, and she almost never left the house. I mean, can you see how that lifestyle may have contributed to her depression? Just think of how we've evolved. We've evolved to be social, and our ancestors would have needed to get lots of exercise in order to survive. We are basically biologically programmed to enjoy doing certain activities that will enhance our chance of survival. If you don't do those things at all, it should come as no shock that you may feel very unhappy.

So your point is that if you find yourself becoming suddenly depressed it must be your fault somehow? No such thing as chemical shifts?

full on idle
12-29-2007, 10:55 PM
That photo you posted of your cuts on your arm was really alarming and severe. Which medicine is it that is working for you right now?

full on idle
12-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Because you are at the same time a proponent of anti-psychotics, but still cutting up your arm. That's how it looks from here at least.

thelastgreatman
12-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm not currently medicated, and that picture isn't recent. But to answer your question, when I was in the habit of doing that I had not yet given medication a chance. Then I did, and I managed to stop having panic attacks thanks to psychiatric meds, and thus stopped having to cut myself.

full on idle
12-29-2007, 11:03 PM
That makes me feel better about that.

Benis23
12-29-2007, 11:05 PM
So your point is that if you find yourself becoming suddenly depressed it must be your fault somehow? No such thing as chemical shifts?

My point is that we have some control over our mood. Obviously, we can't control our genes and that also plays a big role in how likely we are to be depressed. And, what are you talking about - what is a chemical shift?

Benis23
12-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Also, we don't have complete control over our environment. So, there are plenty of things that affect our mood that we can't control, but it is definitely possible to improve your mood if you make a real effort to. I really don't like this idea that people get depressed out of the blue for no reason as if they're being struck by lightning, and I don't think that it is accurate.

kitt kat
12-29-2007, 11:20 PM
My point is that we have some control over our mood. Obviously, we can't control our genes and that also plays a big role in how likely we are to be depressed. And, what are you talking about - what is a chemical shift?

Chemical shift=abnormal variants of chemical levels in the brain; some checmicals are made more often than others, some chemicals cannot attach to neuron receptors, etc etc etc

And there's a HUGE difference in being "down in the dumps" and clinically depressed. Being truly depressed lasts a fucking long time, and it's super hard to overcome. It doesn't go away by just putting a smile on your face and walking through life like everything's going to be ok.