PDA

View Full Version : Why people whine about $2 water

Boourns
03-03-2007, 04:26 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/97/216561790_aba9d471f6.jpg

Because they are used to paying $.89 for a bottle of Faygo at the Juggalo Gathering.

DeltaSigChi4
03-03-2007, 04:29 PM
What's a Juggalo Gathering? And does it sell out?

E

rage patton
03-03-2007, 04:31 PM
2 bucks is reasonable.
Wait... im from Canada. Thats like...
$2.25 Canadian! AHHHH!!!
Lets riot.

Boourns
03-03-2007, 04:35 PM
What's a Juggalo Gathering? And does it sell out?

E

Yeah, ICP has their own festival every year. Buy all the tickets you can and put them on ebay because it sells out in two seconds.

JClemy
03-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I bet it sells out as quickly as possible. and all the fago too.

dontfeedthebird
03-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Why were you at the Juggalo Gathering?

blakely
03-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, ICP has their own festival every year. Buy all the tickets you can and put them on ebay because it sells out in two seconds.

thats one concert i would not feel bad about gouging the shit out of people for.... or just collecting as many as i could and burning them....

mistercrinkles
03-04-2007, 09:49 AM
LOL good one.

$2 water is a lot better than $6 beers that I'm used to buying at Eagles games.

gaypalmsprings
03-04-2007, 09:54 AM
water is $4 at NASCAR events

jimmyrad
03-04-2007, 09:56 AM
At british festivals water is 2. With the current exchange rate thats not far off $4.

shoegazer76
03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I hope ICP & all idiot jugalos getevery sexual disease known in existence if they don't have them already. These guys are the most idiotic business men in music or the festival scene. They choose a different spot in Ohio each year to have their festival because they break all contractual agreements & completely fuck up whatever campground or venue they bring their whitetrash party to. Who wants to go to a "festival" (if thats what they call it.) where fans pelt each other with batteries & have gang bangs during the show?! Not to mention wrestling. They tear up everything & never clean up anything leaving batteries, rubbers, & an array of other trash. They tell the owners to keep the deposit & clean the shit up themselves which is the reason they'll never get the same place twice. Thank God Nelson Ledges told these idiots where to go & I hope they never get Frontier Ranch again. In fact I hope they get blacklisted in Ohio for good. ICP jugalos have no business at Coachella anyway if they listen to crap like ICP. Drink yr Fago all you want and rot out yr teeth while making them rich. I'd rather pay $2 at Coachella for water than pay their outrageous admission that doesn't inlucde camping or a fraction of the music that any real festival has. I guess trailer teens & dwellers need a festival too though.

jimmyrad
03-04-2007, 10:26 AM
I hope ICP & all idiot jugalos getevery sexual disease known in existence if they don't have them already. These guys are the most idiotic business men in music or the festival scene. They choose a different spot in Ohio each year to have their festival because they break all contractual agreements & completely fuck up whatever campground or venue they bring their whitetrash party to. Who wants to go to a "festival" (if thats what they call it.) where fans pelt each other with batteries & have gang bangs during the show?! Not to mention wrestling. They tear up everything & never clean up anything leaving batteries, rubbers, & an array of other trash. They tell the owners to keep the deposit & clean the shit up themselves which is the reason they'll never get the same place twice. Thank God Nelson Ledges told these idiots where to go & I hope they never get Frontier Ranch again. In fact I hope they get blacklisted in Ohio for good. ICP jugalos have no business at Coachella anyway if they listen to crap like ICP. Drink yr Fago all you want and rot out yr teeth while making them rich. I'd rather pay $2 at Coachella for water than pay their outrageous admission that doesn't inlucde camping or a fraction of the music that any real festival has. I guess trailer teens & dwellers need a festival too though.

Yeah, cos listening to a comedy rap duo automatically makes you a redneck trailer park scum bag :rolleyes

I listen to ICP, it doesnt make me trailer trash, it doesnt make me a moron. It just means i find them funny (up untill the last 3 or so albums at least)

And if you are stupid enough to believe that the security at the GOTJ would let people have gangbangs in the crowd then you sir, are a retard. It is known that people bring kids to this event. They are not gonna let stuff like that happen. I bet you believe every urban legend you have ever been told dont you?

shoegazer76
03-04-2007, 11:02 AM
News stations around Ohio have done reports on this festival & I know what goes on there because I work with the venue owners where they've had the Gathering. They give all the festivals here a bad name. Yes there were reports of people fucking in the crowd during the show & injuries even one death. Just because you rent a venue for the weekend doesn't give you or yr fans the right to act like animals & leave a place in shambles. If you've never been to the gathering or have frequented these venues then you have no place to talk. We have plenty of trouble as it is here with local & state authorities trying shut shows down already then you add in this circus & you can see why they want too. The venue owners have decided its not worth any amount of money to have them back. That has something to say for it. Why don't they stay in Michigan then! Probly cause there are more trailer parks in Ohio. Their music is rodundant & lacks any kind of substance it doesn't innovate or take rap or hip hop anywhere but where its already been. If people really have brought children to this festival then they are whitetrash contrary to what you think & they deserve a vist from children's services. If their fans get off by throwing batteries at each other & drinking fago then more power to them. I stand retarded ah drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmyrad
03-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Well friends of mine both in the states and in the UK who have been to the gatherings on many occasions have always said that it is much like any other festival they have been to. I have never heard of people throwing batteries at each other and definately never heard of people fucking in the crowd.

Oh and just because you see something in the news doesnt mean it has happened. People do tend to exagerate and go a bit over the top with these things. Im not saying everyone who goes is a sint, its like any other festival, you will get a few that spoil it for everyone and go out of their way to be stupid. This does not how ever reflect the attitude or behaviour of everyone in attendance.

shoegazer76
03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
No yr right it doesn't reflect everyone in the audience. I apologize to all the suburbian & upper class fans that enjoy ICP. They're probly not the ones engaging in half the shit that goes on there right? I can assure you though they fuck shit up they have thrown batteries before but have maybe stopped that practice last year probly due to injuries & possible lawsuits. All I can tell you is I have more information than you straight from the venue owners. Theres obviously a problem if they have to change venues each year & are not allowed to come back. I've been to other shows & festivals at these venues & alot goes on but its chill. When I was told about their anitcs and why they weren't going to be back I thought to myself how the fuck do you manage to do that? These venues already put up with just about anything. I just don't understand why they have to be such obnoxious assholes. You'd think that they would want to use the venue again next year. Why don't they ever tour then? Because venues don't want to put up with their shit & they know they break agreements. Thats why they have to have their annual gathering because nobody else wants them in their club or venue. I also cannot believe that someone would fly from the U.K. for this. They are a novel music act. When Disney signs you yr indeed novel & gimmicky! Oh yeah & news stations cannot make reports or accusations or make negative reports without proof or they'd be sued for slander.

jimmyrad
03-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Firstly, news stations do this all the time, they can then go to their website, throw up a tiny little retratcion on a page that no one is gonna read, and they will be fine.

Secondly, they do tour, but as ICP run their record label themselves they dont do so very often as they have a whole lot of stuff going on all the time.

And to be fair, how else do you expect the fans of a band whose main song topics are murder, necrophillia, and perverted sexuall antice to act? lol.

Proadict
03-04-2007, 12:15 PM
2 bucks is reasonable.
Wait... im from Canada. Thats like...
$2.25 Canadian! AHHHH!!!
Lets riot.

RIOT!!!

Boourns
03-04-2007, 12:18 PM
The Juggalo Gathering is one big meth lab...too bad it never exploded.

Good Days Last
03-04-2007, 12:19 PM
ICP is the worst thing to happen to music.

EVER.

ashtraygrl
03-04-2007, 12:20 PM
2 bucks is ok.... if it were 4 or more i would be really pissed. they know they can't do that. i went to a festival in the summer here (florida) once and the bottled water was 7 dollars each. they eventualy had to allow people to get free water from hoses and cut the price of the bottles down because people were near rioting. it was in the upper 90s.

woogie846
03-04-2007, 01:34 PM
ICP is the worst thing to happen to music.

EVER.

I enjoy ICP. Not because of their music, oh God no I hate their music, but because of just how bad they really are.

accyandy
03-04-2007, 01:49 PM
hey all , how about " rip off britain " the last festival i went to was here in the UK : DOWNLOAD , and a bottle of water was 2 which is $3.80 at the current exchange rate so as a coachella newbie i will be quite happy with 2 buck's !! is this wrong ?????

boarderwoozel3
03-04-2007, 02:23 PM
There is no defense for ICP. They really are terrible.

wstsidela
03-04-2007, 03:42 PM
You can't whine into water

cityzun
03-04-2007, 07:12 PM
ICP makes me cry myself to sleep

theguru
03-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I might be naive or somehow off base, but at festivals I have been to here in Australia, i tend to buy one bottle of water then refill it from taps/drinking fountains etc throughout the day... is that not something that would be possible at Coachella? Or is the water not drinkable or something like that?

C DUB YA
03-04-2007, 07:43 PM
its possible.

Courtney
03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I might be naive or somehow off base, but at festivals I have been to here in Australia, i tend to buy one bottle of water then refill it from taps/drinking fountains etc throughout the day... is that not something that would be possible at Coachella? Or is the water not drinkable or something like that?

That's what I do. Only with 2-3 bottles, so that I have to spend less time in the faucet lines.

All That I Am
03-04-2007, 08:05 PM
I listen to ICP, it doesnt make me trailer trash, it doesnt make me a moron. It just means i find them funny (up untill the last 3 or so albums at least)

...yeah....before they sold out.

JClemy
03-05-2007, 10:44 AM
If I wanted to have my eardrums fucked violently then I would listen to ICP

moonsetting
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
anyone know which water they serving this year?

bumper31
03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
anyone know which water they serving this year?

ass water?

Boourns
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
No water, only Faygo. With free meth.

psychic friend
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
it wont be 8 month old re-called foul water if that is what you are worried about.

JClemy
03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Why not? will that be available as well?

psychic friend
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
maybe for a discount

paranoidsamdroid
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
$3.50 for a bottle of water where I work. $4.25 for a large bottle.

Coachella will be the good life.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Why don't you people drink from water fountains?

Or bring in drinks, not to Coachella, but say to "work" where they are gouging you for an extremely cheap resource.

E

Proadict
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Why don't you people drink from water fountains?

Or bring in drinks, not to Coachella, but say to "work" where they are gouging you for an extremely cheap resource.

E

go scalp some water in E-Bay

ha im just kiding :D

psychic friend
03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
$3.50 for a bottle of water where I work. what a rip!

C DUB YA
03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
yeah that is - it better be a BIG bottle

faxman75
03-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I was selling bottle for $1 at last years Coachella to all the tent stoners who didn't want to walk all the way up to the concessions. Most were thankful but one bitch got all pissy and said it was a rip off and she was going to report me for selling over priced water. Way to funny. Her freinds told her to pipe down and that it was cheaper than the concessions and she called me a pig. She was the only one though and I made a couple hundred buckd in like an hour.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
How did you get a couple of hundred bottles into the venue?

E

faxman75
03-05-2007, 09:08 PM
The tents are not in the venue. I will not reveal how I sold to tent stoners, you will then capitalize on my idea.

blakely
03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
tent stoners

beautiful......

faxman75
03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Yep, i'll probably be a tent stoner this year so if someone wants to buy my business model just send me a pm. I'll be to lazy to walk over to those concessions.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't believe a word you're saying.

And someone would be a complete idiot to pay you for something you've probably made all up.

E

faxman75
03-05-2007, 09:22 PM
It wasn't exactly difficult. The camping area isn't exactly heavily patrolled.

suprefan
03-05-2007, 09:28 PM
It wasn't exactly difficult. The camping area isn't exactly heavily patrolled.

Or the camping parking lot, a lot of people set up shop like right there and police dont really say anything. You could totally clean up and make a quick buck selling water even at $1 each.. I think I have said too much....

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Yes, but how do you get a thousand bottles of water into the camping area? Airdrop them by Chinook?

E

faxman75
03-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Well now we are talking partnership. IF you can airdrop 1000 bottles we may be able to talk business. I'll give you a 32% cut.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 09:50 PM
You'll be surprised what I can accomplish.

I'm going to go buy burritos now.

E

moonsetting
03-06-2007, 06:56 AM
it wont be 8 month old re-called foul water if that is what you are worried about.

My concerns exactly ... saw something about some foul smelling bottled water on TV, anybody know which one was it

I'm not big on payin' for smelly water. wish we could bring our own.

psychic friend
03-06-2007, 08:13 AM
dude that was 6 months ago. I think it's time to move forward with life.

use the drinking fountains. :)

moonsetting
03-06-2007, 10:01 AM
dude that was 6 months ago. I think it's time to move forward with life.

use the drinking fountains. :)

With gazillion other brands of water out there, it'll be nice to spend my $2 for overpriced bottled water that wasn't smelly 6 months ago :)

which was it? i can't remember the brand name!!!

psychic friend
03-06-2007, 10:07 AM
i hope coachella is the only festival you go to if you think $2 is overpriced. I think you would pass out when you saw other concerts, venues and festival water pricing. its crazy.

and I will say it again, they won't be selling 8 month old recalled water. that is absurd.

JClemy
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
I'll just bring my own smelly 8 month old recalled water! and sell it to tent stoners!

SFChrissy
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I love 2 dollah watahhh at coachellita!!! Thank god it hasn't gone up like everything else here california!!! Thanks for moving here and driving up our inflation like a muthahhh

bartelby
03-06-2007, 12:22 PM
just sell bong water to the tent stoners....i'm sure you could convince a few that there's some THC in the water

nic_ball
03-09-2007, 06:32 AM
hey all , how about " rip off britain " the last festival i went to was here in the UK : DOWNLOAD , and a bottle of water was 2 which is $3.80 at the current exchange rate so as a coachella newbie i will be quite happy with 2 buck's !! is this wrong ?????

Its not wrong at all andy!!!!
Although i'll be happy paying $6 for a beer cuz its only roughly 3 which we pay ever year at donington and Glastonbury!!!
If they sell good old Cow Juice i'll pay more than $6 first thing in the morning to cure the itch of milk addiction.

DeltaSigChi4
03-09-2007, 06:35 AM
I love 2 dollah watahhh at coachellita!!! Thank god it hasn't gone up like everything else here california!!! Thanks for moving here and driving up our inflation like a muthahhh

Thanks for visiting here every weekend and driving like complete imbeciles. You make our city twelve [12] times worse with your shitty driving, shitty tipping, and lack of overall decency.

E

fatbastard
01-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Forgot to take pictures of all the cheap asses standing in line to fill their bottles instead of watching performances.

Courtney
01-09-2008, 11:59 AM
I try to buy 2 bottles at the beginning of each day, and then periodically fill them up when the lines aren't too long. Sometimes there are gaps in my schedule when I have an extra 20-30 minutes, so filling water bottles is a good use of the time.

Fatbastard, why do you feel the need to criticize my choice to save the money and be environmentally conscious?

miscorrections
01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I never had to wait in line to fill up a bottle, either.

fatbastard
01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Tap water sucks and Coachella has a recycling program.

Courtney
01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Not creating the demand for plastic at all in the first place is preferable to creating it and then recycling the bottle. And if you don't like tap water then that's your prerogative, but it's silly to criticize other people for drinking it.

amyzzz
01-09-2008, 12:52 PM
The tap water there is yellow and gross. I tried refilling in 2005 and 2006, and my husband hated me for doing it, so now I just buy more bottles.

suprefan
01-09-2008, 01:46 PM
2 words, camper entrance. i walked in with like 4 or 5 bottles each day, and I bought a couple of Gatorades throguhout the day and I was good.

fatbastard
01-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Your free to criticize me for drinking for bottled water. I assure you that I will not be so touchy on the subject. I will even buy you one this hear as a sign of good faith.

microserfs21
01-09-2008, 02:17 PM
2 words, camper entrance. i walked in with like 4 or 5 bottles each day, and I bought a couple of Gatorades throguhout the day and I was good.

Yea, that was a major plus. I hope they let us do that again this year.

amyzzz
01-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm trying not to buy bottled water in my daily life if I can help it, but Coach is another story. They don't have nice drinking water filters there. And it's not sanitary for everyone to be drinking out of the same spigots.

Heresy
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Meh I just make it easy and pack 4 big bottles of water and hide them under my sweater in my backpack.

Yay :)

mobius9
01-09-2008, 03:47 PM
$2 waters is not bad at all for an event, especially with the recycling bonus if you're in that situation.

I'm still confused about the california policy about giving free water away at events that serve alcohol, I thought they had to be served at the same locations. Anybody know offhand?

Botrocker
01-09-2008, 05:54 PM
I never had to wait in line to fill up a bottle, either.

Yeah I guess I've lucked out too. Never really had to wait.

fire_in_cairo
01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Forgot to take pictures of all the cheap asses standing in line to fill their bottles instead of watching performances.

'Guess I didn't pay attn or I woulda been there in addition to earning my 10 for 1 of warm water (though, it beats no water at all).
:yyablo

amyzzz
01-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I remember waiting in '04, but it seems in the years after that, they added more fountains.

MarkO
01-09-2008, 07:45 PM
<-- never waited to refill my bottles.

MeowMixer
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
The only problem with refilling is that at Coachella, you wash your hands with purell. Bad, unless you like to get buzzed on isopropyl alchohol. $2 is too much. I almost dehydrated due to lack of cash. I almost drank out of the Lucent Misting Oasis.