PDA

View Full Version : In-n-Out burger!

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm quite excited about driving through CA aka the land of In-n-Out burger. It’ll be delicious. Mmmmm...double-double…

For anyone coming out of state who has never been to an In-N-Out I strongly suggest you give it a try.

DeltaSigChi4
03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm really hungry right now. Do you have to discuss this?? :mad:

E

rage patton
03-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Im excited to be travelling into the States.... cuz I can buy Trix cereal!!!
That will be my breakfast every morning.
We dont have Trix up in Canada. :(

jackstraw94086
03-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I just ate 3 in-n-out burgers. One of the bonuses of my monthly trek out to Target.

I know I'll wish I hadn't later though.

cityzun
03-03-2007, 03:23 PM
I sure do love living a few minutes from one. Maybe I'll get some right now!

fober
03-03-2007, 03:24 PM
http://www.vivapodcast.com/images/inout.jpg

SojuGorae
03-03-2007, 03:29 PM

Never thought I'd call an In-n-Out burger disgusting.

hitthenorth
03-03-2007, 03:29 PM

Heart attack,
Heart attack man!

UnicornsForBreakfast
03-03-2007, 04:00 PM
I just ate 3 in-n-out burgers. One of the bonuses of my monthly trek out to Target.

Ew.

thefunkylama
03-03-2007, 04:03 PM
16 patties?

fortydollarsworthofmeat
03-03-2007, 04:10 PM
the dude that ordered that ate it. and quickly.

dorkfish
03-03-2007, 04:47 PM

what's your burger order? animal/non?

tessalasset
03-03-2007, 05:08 PM
F_7ggV7whaI

Lounge Fly
03-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I used to live in Northern California but now I'm back out in New York. The two things I miss the most food wise are In-n-OUt and Chipotles. We have a few places similar to Chipotle but nothing quite hits the spot the same way. They do have them down in DC though so when I visit friends I get hooked up. Bummer

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2007, 05:51 PM
That picture is a thing of beauty. No In-n-Out in Seattle = bummer.

jackstraw94086
03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
what's your burger order? animal/non?

reg onion. not an animal fan

scoop49er
03-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I used to live in Northern California but now I'm back out in New York. The two things I miss the most food wise are In-n-OUt and Chipotles. We have a few places similar to Chipotle but nothing quite hits the spot the same way. They do have them down in DC though so when I visit friends I get hooked up. Bummer

i live in sacramento. got a in-n-out and chipoltle's right by my work! :) quick tip: always ask for "animal style"! makes the burgers so much better and bigger also, if you like onions and the special sauce you can ask for animal style fries too.

gaypalmsprings
03-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Here's the nearest In-and-Out to Coachella:

http://www.in-n-out.com/location_details.asp?refer=search&id=51&template=route&transaction=route&recordId=51&origAddress=&origCity=Coachella&origStateProvince=CA&origPostalCode=&destRecordId=51

fatbastard
03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm quite excited about driving through CA aka the land of In-n-Out burger. It’ll be delicious. Mmmmm...double-double…

For anyone coming out of state who has never been to an In-N-Out I strongly suggest you give it a try.

Agreed. Their menu is small and simple. Burgers, fries, shakes, and sodas.

bballarl
03-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Wendys is better because Frostys are the most amazing thing ever concocted by a fast food chain.

jimmycrackcorn
03-03-2007, 09:03 PM
yeah animal style is the $HIT! + don't forget to ask for the peppers! they have lil hot banana wax peppers in single serving baggies if you ask for them they are free and hot as hell! and if you didn't know it since they don't have it on the menu they have double double doubles called 4x4's (too much for me)...

fatbastard
03-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Wendys is better because Frostys are the most amazing thing ever concocted by a fast food chain.

Hold up now. Now your throwing down the Frosty card. Hands down, Wendy's has the best Frosty.

leo01g
03-03-2007, 09:11 PM
chipotle and in-and-out are the best. Barbacoa burritos and a double double is all you need!

smilingdownward
03-03-2007, 09:21 PM

but you have "Dicks"!!! its way better than in-n-out imo, but in-n-out is good in its own way.

grain
03-03-2007, 09:29 PM
if you're in LA, might as well try:

fatburger
tommys

for your burger and fries needs

woogie846
03-03-2007, 09:33 PM

fatburger
tommys

Fatburger is the greatest burger ever created.

fatbastard
03-03-2007, 09:34 PM
chipotle and in-and-out are the best. Barbacoa burritos and a double double is all you need!

Chipolte is good. I get my Barbacoa burritos with just corn relish, cheese, and avacado. No beans or rice.

fatbastard
03-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Fatburger is the greatest burger ever created.

This is becoming a difficut thread. The double king burger is really good. I alos appreciate the fact that I can choose between fat or skinny fries. Their shakes are a lot to be desired though. I have the Figueroa location on speed dial.

fatbastard
03-03-2007, 09:39 PM

fatburger
tommys

I need time to think about this.

In and Out
Fatburger
Tommy

Each has their own personality. I am not sure which one to choose if only given one choice. On a personal note, the wife is driving home right now from Tops. I won't put this place on the table because there are only 2 locations compared to the other 3.

dorkfish
03-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Visalia used to have a Tommys. Tommys son live there and started one up. It only lasted for two years, though.

fortydollarsworthofmeat
03-03-2007, 10:06 PM
chipotle is the best vegetarian/vegan quick, cheap meal ever.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

also, Orange won an office party there and they gave us t-shirts, burrito-shaped stress ball things and magnets. and they told us we could bring as many people as we wanted, so we called all of our friends and everyone ate for free.

yeah chipotle! also, mcdonalds doesnt own part of it anymore so double yeah.

full on idle
03-03-2007, 11:18 PM
I just ate 3 in-n-out burgers.
I cannot believe you can eat like this and not have visible effects.

In-n-out was a pretty big disappointment for me. The fries suck, they're like free lunch fries.

keriann
03-03-2007, 11:55 PM
One of the bonuses of my monthly trek out to Target.

What'd you get at Target?

scoop49er
03-04-2007, 12:10 AM
people also around here love sonic!! im not into the bugers but they have so much crap food you cant hlep but grease up and enjoy something from the menu!!

HorrorLibraryNet
03-04-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm not gonna post it here...but if you're interested in what an In-N-Out Burger 100X100 Cheesburger looks like:

http://greensboring.com/pod/in-n-out.jpg

Yes, that's 100 patties and 100 pieces of cheese.

And...I'll add another resounding YES for the ol' Animal Style. Didn't know I could get my fries like that too...hot damn!

For you 'out-of-towners' who don't have a Del Taco in your neck of the woods, I recommend giving it a shot while you're in the valley! They didn't have them where I was from, so my first 'macho nacho' experience was pretty awesome after a long day of Coachella and NOTHING being open by the time we got out of traffic!

SubBass49
03-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Mmm...In-N-Out Burger...I remember back in highschool my buddy had a hat from them...he un-stitched the "B" and the last "R" from burger...

In-N-Out URGE

Hehe...gotta love it

ocpathfinder
03-04-2007, 12:43 AM
In-n-out was a pretty big disappointment for me. The fries suck, they're like free lunch fries.

in n out burger.

SubBass49
03-04-2007, 09:00 AM
LoL...I actually like the fries there from time to time. They're not my favorite, but they're a good change of pace from nasty-ass Burger King fries, over-salty McDonalds fries, soggy-ass Carl's Jr. fries, and just plain delicious Arby's & Jack in the Box Curly fries.

-- J

gaypalmsprings
03-04-2007, 09:04 AM
The Hidden In-N-Out Burger (aka In and Out Burger) - The Most Accurate Secret Menu

In-N-Out Burger has a secret unpublished menu for insiders who are In-The-Know. Next time you're at In-N-Out (i.e. tomorrow . . . or maybe tonight), order a bag of these off-the-menu specials:

"3-by-3" = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.

"4-by-4" = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.

"2-by-4" = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.

*Note: You can get a burger with as many meat patties or cheese slices as you want. Just tell the In-N-Out Burger cashier how many meat patties and how much cheese you want and that is what you'll get! For instance, if you want 6 pieces of meat and 10 pieces of cheese tell them you want a "6-by-10."

"Double Meat" = like a Double Double without cheese.

"3 by Meat" = three meat patties and no cheese.

"Animal Style" = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and pickles (if you ask for them).

"Protein Style" = for all you low-carbohydrate dieters, this is a burger with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

"Flying Dutchman" = two meat patties, two slices of melted cheese and nothing else - not even a bun!

Fries "Well-Done" = extra crispy fries . . . even better than the regular!

Fries "Light" = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like 'em

"Grilled Cheese" = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and spread on a bun.

"Veggie Burger" = burger without the patty or cheese. Sometimes we call this the "Wish Burger."

"Neapolitan" Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

canexplain
03-04-2007, 09:11 AM
like the post above says, you can order the fries like you want ... you can even tell them how long you want them cooked if you know exactly how much you like them cooked ... cr***

mountmccabe
03-04-2007, 10:53 AM
The cooking time on the fries is pretty important to their effectiveness. I'd say the peak is a little towards the light side but not much.

cityzun
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
If In-n-Out had more surface area to their patties, they would win hands down. Consistently though, they don't match the size of the buns. And really, who likes the last bite of their burger to be all bun no meat?

jackstraw94086
03-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I cannot believe you can eat like this and not have visible effects.

what do you mean no visible effects? I'm a great big fat guy. You've seen me.

and I agree the fries suck. I never eat them.

All That I Am
03-04-2007, 05:35 PM
who is from visalia?

jackstraw94086
03-04-2007, 05:47 PM
What'd you get at Target?

toothpaste
mouthwash
floss
target brand bizmuth subsalicylate
deoderant
shampoo
razor blades
soap
bathroom cleaner
sponges
target brand cough syrup
laundry detergent

that's about all I could fit on in the bags on my motorcycle. Well that and 3 in-n-out burgers.

Boourns
03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
God, I'm dying for a 4x4...

keriann
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Can't you get all of that at Walgreen's? Why go to Target? Just because it's cheaper? Or just because it's an excuse to go to In-n-Out?

jackstraw94086
03-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Can't you get all of that at Walgreen's? Why go to Target? Just because it's cheaper? Or just because it's an excuse to go to In-n-Out?

walgreens is way more expensive. It was a good day for a ride. You got a problem with that?

keriann
03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I find that to be an acceptable answer.

Yablonowitz
03-04-2007, 06:38 PM
New Fountains of wayne has Leakified.

Courtney
03-04-2007, 06:41 PM

Thank you! Entirely agreed. It pisses me off that so many people preach In-n-Out like it's the gospel, when really their fries suck (and fries are a fairly essential component of fast food, in my opinion).

I don't eat very much fast food anyway, but In-n-Out is seriously overrated.

HerbalK
03-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, were you guys getting sides of spread to dip the fries in? That's key...

Courtney
03-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Fries shouldn't need dip to taste good.

HerbalK
03-04-2007, 07:07 PM
I like them without it, but I think they're probably an aquired taste. I had to get used to them at first. To each their own. Fat fries own, too.

SubBass49
03-04-2007, 07:16 PM
There used to be this place in San Diego called "Balboa's Philly Cheese Steaks" that had bomb-ass fries. They were shoestring style with lots of seasoned salt and (i think) sugar. Sounds weird, but they were the shit. Sadly the place closed down a few years ago. It was over by SDSU.

-- J

invisiblerobots
03-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Does Dick's not satisfy your hunger?

jackstraw94086
03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Does Dick's not satisfy your hunger?

I hear yablo often hungers for dick's

gaypalmsprings
03-04-2007, 07:28 PM
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Food_and_Drinks/Sandwiches/Hot_dog_walks.gif

SubBass49
03-04-2007, 07:29 PM
That's Gay for ya...lol...dancin' weiner...

Yablonowitz
03-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I hear yablo often hungers for dick's

There's a Dick's in Spokane. Why don't you cum visit me there Jack and we can share some of Dick's finest together.

Lounge Fly
03-04-2007, 08:08 PM
i live in sacramento. got a in-n-out and chipoltle's right by my work! :) quick tip: always ask for "animal style"! makes the burgers so much better and bigger also, if you like onions and the special sauce you can ask for animal style fries too.

Yeah thats where I lived too when I was there. I spent a year out in Folsom. We didn't have an In-n-Out near me though, just chipotle but most weekends we went out to SF to party so I think it was in Davis that we stopped each time on the way so I got my one fix a week.
Yeah I usually did up animal style and I'd usually only get the bun with one and 'protein style' I think it was with the other where they just did the lettuce wrap on the outside. That could always get a little messy.
I agree with most about the fries too, not so good.

kroqken
04-05-2007, 10:47 PM
I love the four by fours (4X4s) at In 'N Out but I am trying to lose weight. There is a new In N' Out about to open in Canoga Park across from Topanga Plaza Mall in a few days, can't wait!

RienOneTexas
04-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I cant wait to try my first In-n-Out burger!!!!! It will be burgerlicious!

suprefan
04-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Well I heard WhattaBurger(sp?) is supposed to be really good in Texas am I right? And dont expect to find a Sonic on every corner like there is there. There are like maybe 3 in all of So Cal.

dalethethug
04-05-2007, 11:44 PM
i only know it from big lebowski
sounds goood

RienOneTexas
04-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, Whataburger is the sheezy, 24 hours a day! Mmmmmm Taquitos!!!! I ate Sonic today!!!

goose
04-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I adore chipotle!!!! i can eat those damned burritos for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Kind of funny that a great tasting mexican grill restaraunt was founded by a white middle aged dangly man from Denver.

smokealotapotamus
04-06-2007, 01:15 AM

no man.. but we have Dick's! and Dick's is the shit. (awaits jokes...)

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
04-06-2007, 01:50 AM
To all the In-N-Out newbs, don't forget to ask for your free stickers and hats!

the909
04-06-2007, 03:29 AM
I'm gonna start a petition that any event in the state of California has to have an in and out truck on site:thu i don;t care if it's a local peewee soccer game or coachella there should be a Mobile in and out truck on stand by.

disgustipated
04-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Rien,

You will be dissapointed in IN-N-OUT...

Doesn't even compare to Whataburger.

gaypalmsprings
04-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Yeah, Whataburger is the sheezy, 24 hours a day! Mmmmmm Taquitos!!!! I ate Sonic today!!!

I used to call them Water Burgers

RienOneTexas
04-06-2007, 08:23 AM
:( Bummer. At least I get a free sticker right?

fasttrack
04-06-2007, 09:44 AM
i'll have a double-double, no tomato with grilled onions. no, no french fries. oh, and a medium coke. uh, hey chris! are we eating here? yeah, for here. here's four and i think i have the change. nope. no change. just take it out of five. thanks.

mozabilly54
04-06-2007, 09:51 AM

that's nothing!
http://www.foodfacts.info/blog/uploaded_images/inout100.jpg

fatbastard
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm gonna start a petition that any event in the state of California has to have an in and out truck on site:thu i don;t care if it's a local peewee soccer game or coachella there should be a Mobile in and out truck on stand by.

I spoke to someone from In and Out last year. I wanted to have one of their trucks come out for our guys. There was a 6 month waiting list. They are not cheap.

suprefan
04-06-2007, 11:27 PM
that's nothing!
http://www.foodfacts.info/blog/uploaded_images/inout100.jpg

I had seen some story where a bunch of kids ate a 100 x 100 between them.

I ate a 4x4 in 2 and half minutes once on a dare.

the909
04-06-2007, 11:42 PM
I spoke to someone from In and Out last year. I wanted to have one of their trucks come out for our guys. There was a 6 month waiting list. They are not cheap.

Damn, well at least some one looked into it i guess.I just know they would be huge if they had a truck inside or in the parking lot or something.It would be so damn good if i could grab a shake and burger for the trek to the freeway home.

invisiblerobots
04-07-2007, 12:26 AM
no man.. but we have Dick's! and Dick's is the shit. (awaits jokes...)

Come on man, Red Mill is where you go for a quality burger up here. Do you ever wonder why the food at Dick's is so cheap?

bmack86
04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
I loves me some In'N'Out. Their burgers taste like what I want a burger shak burger to be. I don't expect a fast food burger to be charbroiled, so I look for the flavor that In N Out has right. And, if you get your fries well done, they are much better. I like the fact that they're fresh potatos. Much better that way, but I still like me some McDonalds fries.

jimmycrackcorn
04-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Well I heard WhattaBurger(sp?) is supposed to be really good in Texas am I right? And dont expect to find a Sonic on every corner like there is there. There are like maybe 3 in all of So Cal.

hey i got good news for you! they got approved to build a sonic in cathedral off date palm drive... they are already starting to run sonic ads on tv here so by NEXT coachella you will be able to pick some sonic

kroqken
04-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Why is their Biblical passages on all of their cups. There letterhead has right wing propaganda like "The best enterprize is a free enterprize. God bless America." No thanks for their right wing proslytizing. The owners are a very ultra-conserviate group of religious puritans. In fact, the owners of Domino's Pizza and Carl's Junior are staunch right wing families.

Rap/rock Is Life
04-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Fuck dat shit, everyone know MacDonnalds got teh best burgers. Big Mac number one burger for a reason, bitchez.

DeltaSigChi4
04-08-2007, 07:43 AM
John 3:16.

The owners are mormon.

E

grain
04-08-2007, 07:57 AM
while we're on the subject of burgers in LA
might as well try:

fatburger
tommys

and my favorite spot:

the counter in santa monica

SubBass49
04-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Tommy's has all this hype about it, but I ate their chili dog and chili fries and wasnt even CLOSE to impressed. I've had better from a roach-coach.

smokealotapotamus
04-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Come on man, Red Mill is where you go for a quality burger up here. Do you ever wonder why the food at Dick's is so cheap?

I moved up here in the fall, and have yet to be exposed to Red Mill. I'll check it out. Gotta do Spud's by Juanita Beach for fish & chips, That's for DAMN sure. and Beth's has got to be my favorite spot so far.

DeltaSigChi4
04-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Fatburger is an over*priced, over*rated pile of shit.

E

Quentin
04-08-2007, 09:50 AM
its all about the 4x4 and animal style fries baby.

Boourns
04-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Fatburger is an over*priced, over*rated pile of shit.

E

Fatburger's advantages over In & Out are they have bacon, chili mayo, and real cheese available. Hmm, haven't had one of those in ages. And real milkshakes.

Overpriced? Kinda. But I imagine the price of a In & Out burger with 4 patties is similar to the price of a half pound burger (each patty at In & Out is 2 ounces before cooking).

kroqken
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I alwas see commercials for Sonics, but there are NONE by where I live.

joppy-slow
04-10-2007, 07:04 PM
god i love in-n-out burger.. every time i travel to CA or Vegas I try to make it a point to eat their.. i love the simplicity of it..just burgers, fries and a drink..
that is one tasty burger...
i guess they were trying to get one to open up in Southern Utah, St. George but it never happend..pissed me off when i found out that it was just a rumour as i had high expectations. I guess they only open them up in very exclusive areas..

miscorrections
04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
aw fuck, now i want in-n-out.

kroqken
04-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, In N out will only expand slowly, all of their locations are family owned, they are never franchised. I guess that family is made up of control freaks (dominants, not submissives.)

joppy-slow
04-10-2007, 07:47 PM
aw fuck, now i want in-n-out.

well get off your azz and go get one.. you live in La Jola, im sure they have one there???maybe?? actually can you pick me one up to, with french fries..
thanks.

joppy-slow
04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Well, In N out will only expand slowly, all of their locations are family owned, they are never franchised. I guess that family is made up of control freaks (dominants, not submissives.)
really? tell them they need to expand faster.. I read on here that the owners were a bunch of mormon's, but they sound more like christians.. because if they were mormon's we would have a shit load in Utah and i would be out eating one right now.. utah is like the fast-food-shit-capital of the world..for every mom&pop good restaurant, there are 15 chain restaurants..

miscorrections
04-10-2007, 07:51 PM
well get off your azz and go get one.. you live in La Jola, im sure they have one there???maybe?? actually can you pick me one up to, with french fries..
thanks.

i don't have a car. sadness.

goose
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
my sister works at in-n-out... I get free fries everytime :D

S.Fantana
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Protien Wrap!

fatbastard
04-22-2007, 09:23 AM
El Dorado Polo Club
50950 Madison St, Indio, CA 92201-9601

In-N-Out Burger
82043 Us Highway 111, Indio, CA 92201-5686

1. Start at 50950 MADISON ST, INDIO going toward VISTA DEL MAR go 0.5 mi
2. Turn RIGHT on 50TH AVE go 1.0 mi 1.5 mi
3. Turn LEFT on MONROE ST go 2.0 mi 3.5 mi
4. Turn RIGHT on AVENUE 46 go < 0.1 mi 3.5 mi
5. Arrive at 82043 US HIGHWAY 111, INDIO, on the RIGHT

Total Distance: 3.5 miles, Total Time: 6 mins (approx.)

joppy-slow
04-22-2007, 09:38 AM
El Dorado Polo Club
50950 Madison St, Indio, CA 92201-9601

In-N-Out Burger
82043 Us Highway 111, Indio, CA 92201-5686

1. Start at 50950 MADISON ST, INDIO going toward VISTA DEL MAR go 0.5 mi
2. Turn RIGHT on 50TH AVE go 1.0 mi 1.5 mi
3. Turn LEFT on MONROE ST go 2.0 mi 3.5 mi
4. Turn RIGHT on AVENUE 46 go < 0.1 mi 3.5 mi
5. Arrive at 82043 US HIGHWAY 111, INDIO, on the RIGHT

Total Distance: 3.5 miles, Total Time: 6 mins (approx.)

nice. i'll be there Thursday night...before the mad mad rush..

Caitlin
04-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Animal style fries...yumm...

theburiedlife
04-22-2007, 11:15 AM
I read on here that the owners were a bunch of mormon's, but they sound more like christians..

Its true, they have biblical references all over the store

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/c/c8/250px-In-n-out-bible-reference.jpg

The thing that bugs me about In and Out is the Fries. The sunflower oil makes it so the fries go bad after 5 minutes. So if you want to enjoy your meal, you must enjoy it inside.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:10 PM
You also can never reheat french fries.

phoenixsky
04-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Mormons are Christians. Just sayin'...

mountmccabe
04-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Mormons are Christians. Just sayin'...

Various types of Christians will disagree with this statement. I think most Mormons would agree, though.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:40 PM
That Mitt Romney idiot is a Mormon and will likely lose his fight for the Republican presidential nomination next year.

phoenixsky
04-22-2007, 06:43 PM
I suppose it depends on how you define Christianity. If we're going by the dictionary, it's...

a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior.

I only bring it up cuz I used to be one.

(And in keeping with the original topic, In N Out is my guilty pleasure.)

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:47 PM
In N Out sounds so freudian.

mountmccabe
04-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I suppose it depends on how you define Christianity. If we're going by the dictionary, it's...

a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior.

I only bring it up cuz I used to be one.

(And in keeping with the original topic, In N Out is my guilty pleasure.)

It's not a thing I'm gonna put that much work into because in my mind it doesn't matter a bit. But the Book of Mormon as new/superseeding revelation is a good argument that it's a new religion.

phoenixsky
04-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah, but it's still based on the beliefs that Jesus Christ was the son of God and that he died for the world's sins. That, to me, is Christianity. Maybe a variation, but then again, a lot of religions are.

But yeah, I feel you...

Everything > The religious back and forth.

;)

Good Luck Bear
04-22-2007, 10:13 PM
In N Out is the best burger around! They also have pickles if you ask for them. It makes them even better.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 11:49 AM
I like the 4 by 4s at In N Out.

phoenixsky
04-24-2007, 02:46 PM
In N Out is the best burger around! They also have pickles if you ask for them. It makes them even better.

Can you just ask for them or do you have to ask for them "Blind Hooker Style" or some shit?

I'm a bit aprehensive of the code speak...

fatbastard
04-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Your best bet is to place your order, pay for your food then ask for the pickles. They will put them in a small paper bag for you.

SojuGorae
04-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I find it difficult to get rid of the In-n-Out smell from my fingers. Have to wash my hands for a good couple of minutes.

i_like_cake530
04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Hold up now. Now your throwing down the Frosty card. Hands down, Wendy's has the best Frosty.

those DQ shakes are really good though

thaipod
04-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Damn you guys, I'm now craving In-N-Out. I guess I know what I'm eating for dinner tonight.

Animal style fries are the shizzle.

Fatburger's advantages over In & Out are they have bacon, chili mayo, and real cheese available. Hmm, haven't had one of those in ages. And real milkshakes.

Don't forget about the egg. Gotta have the egg.

joppy-slow
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Damn you guys, I'm now craving In-N-Out. I guess I know what I'm eating for dinner tonight.

Animal style fries are the shizzle.

Don't forget about the egg. Gotta have the egg.

i will so be at in-n-out burger chompin down on Thursday night.. i might go big and get some side pickles.... me and my crew will be there frontin and like ordering food. good times..

codytwo
04-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Two words:

Dick. s.

Mr.Nipples
04-24-2007, 05:39 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/pwned.jpg

joppy-slow
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/pwned.jpg

h aha.. im putting that picture in both of my nieces happy meals next time i have to drag their asses to McRonalds..

kroqken
04-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Seeing Fast Food Nation may discourage people from eating any fast food.

TopangaPatrick
04-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Dude! That's so crazy!!!
At least In/Out B. is fresh- not that mystery meat shit at Mickey-D's...
Last year, my car's starter bugged out on my 911 WHILE IN THE DRIVE THRU LINE, and I had pushed it through (some empl. helped which was cool)--- so we had to friggin walk from INnOut to the event... the ex gf wasn't diggin it tho-- she wore sandals...
Classic! lol

Cheers!

velvets_girl
04-28-2007, 11:59 AM
That's what we ate before we left on Friday too. Having one two blocks away owns.

wmgaretjax
05-02-2007, 11:36 AM
A good In-and-Out competitor is Dick's Drive-In in Seattle. There are 5 of them, and while I love In-and-Out, Dick's takes the cake.

invisiblerobots
05-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Bah, I'd much rather go to Red Mill over Dick's. Dick's has always made me ill.
http://www.greenwood-phinney.com/images/floaters/redmill.gif

wmgaretjax
05-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Bah, I'd much rather go to Red Mill over Dick's. Dick's has always made me ill.
http://www.greenwood-phinney.com/images/floaters/redmill.gif

Red Mill is more expensive and waaaay better than dicks or in-and-out. I'm not sure it's a legitimate comparison. I can get three dicks burgers for a Red Mill.

invisiblerobots
05-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Red Mill is more expensive and waaaay better than dicks or in-and-out. I'm not sure it's a legitimate comparison. I can get three dicks burgers for a Red Mill.

Ah, good point. When it comes to food I'm OK with spending a few extra bucks if it will save me from the gastronomical terror that I associate with Dick's. Unless I'm drunk.

wmgaretjax
05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Ah, good point. When it comes to food I'm OK with spending a few extra bucks if it will save me from the gastronomical terror that I associate with Dick's. Unless I'm drunk.

i've never had that much trouble with dick's, and I rarely eat fast food. Did you know it's all organic (milk, meat, potatoes)? Except for the cheese (shitty fake cheese). The meat is all flank, free range beef.

Doesn't change that it's greasy, fast-food, but I was surprised when I found that out.

invisiblerobots
05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
i've never had that much trouble with dick's, and I rarely eat fast food. Did you know it's all organic (milk, meat, potatoes)? Except for the cheese (shitty fake cheese). The meat is all flank, free range beef.

Doesn't change that it's greasy, fast-food, but I was surprised when I found that out.

That is interesting, but not terribly surprising being Seattle and all. They don't really promote the organic aspect, do they? I almost think that it would be off-putting to their key demographic. I've got one a few blocks away from my home, maybe it's time to give them another chance.

McAwesome
05-02-2007, 01:00 PM
reg onion. not an animal fan

double double animal protein style = YUM!! and animal fries too with lemonade

joppy-slow
05-02-2007, 04:45 PM
double double animal protein style = YUM!! and animal fries too with lemonade

ya ya... had the same thing at the in'n'out in Vegas.. but with a rootbeer... i ate mine in under 2 minutes flat..
the burgers on the polo field were fuqing great also.. i was pleasantly suprised how good they were..

also just noticed your avatar.. absolutely love it.. and love that song..

flagella666
05-02-2007, 07:44 PM
the first in-n-out just opened in tucson and i thought it was funny because i work for a tv station as a cg operator and that was one of the like 5 headlines of the day that i made... people went absolutely crazy for it!!

bleep
05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
thanks to this thread, i discovered that i too can eat in-n-out (i don't eat beef & always assumed that was all they had). ordered my first grilled cheese burger last week, yeah!

thinnerair
05-02-2007, 07:58 PM
in&out's fries are gross. just sayin'

smokealotapotamus
05-02-2007, 08:28 PM
That is interesting, but not terribly surprising being Seattle and all. They don't really promote the organic aspect, do they? I almost think that it would be off-putting to their key demographic. I've got one a few blocks away from my home, maybe it's time to give them another chance.

You get down with Spud's Fish & Chips? GREAT place... Just sayin. (and yeah, dont give up on Dick's)

wmgaretjax
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
You get down with Spud's Fish & Chips? GREAT place... Just sayin. (and yeah, dont give up on Dick's)

Spud's is awesome... man I go broke everytime I go there though.

kroqken
05-09-2007, 02:01 PM
In N Out fries are nasty. I still think their 4X4s are godhead!

codytwo
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Its amazing that Dick's can keep their prices as low as they are (although they have been going up a lot). They pay all of their employees at least 9.00 an hour, have a dental and health plan, tuition reimbursement, a few weeks of paid vacation every year, and they pay you for community service. Plus, they give out scholarships every year and use all organic ingredients.

kroqken
05-10-2007, 06:45 AM
What is Dick's?

invisiblerobots
05-10-2007, 07:25 AM

Ah yes, I've had good experiences at Spud's. Summertime at Greenlake or Alki and fish & chips is one of the things I love about living in Seattle. I wasn't aware that they're owned by Ivar's until I looked it up just now. I also wasn't aware that Ivar's owns Kidd Valley too, which has some of the worst food I've ever eaten aside from their shakes. I'll usually opt for Pagliacci if I'm out for a quick bite.

menikmati
05-10-2007, 07:30 AM
I don't mind In & Out's fries that much.

kroqken
05-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Not minding it does not mean it is good, maybe just adequate.