PDA

View Full Version : Bassnectar

GnarVee
10-11-2010, 05:08 PM
bring him back....maybe on the main stage?

MADNESS.

gaypalmsprings
10-11-2010, 05:09 PM
You should start a new thread about this.

FreshMentos
10-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm always down for more Bassnectar. Main stage is a huge stretch but that would be so epic.

mittens4kittens
10-11-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't like the stuff he makes now at all. His old breaky shit is tight tho

rasooli
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I completely agree with the three previous comments.

thefrush
10-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Main stage never happen. Definitely like to have him back though.

Distorted_Jungle
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz......

Boring, fuckin guy has played every festival in california and hasn't stopped. Something new please.

rasooli
10-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I also agree with the two previous comments (for emphasis)

unknown
10-12-2010, 07:28 AM
No!!! Every brostepper in SoCal will be there.

guedita
10-12-2010, 07:31 AM
But it would be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

unknown
10-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Cara, bro, I know!!!!

GuyInTucson
10-12-2010, 08:20 AM
yeah, no, yeah, no, yeaaaaah, Nooooooo

http://local-static1.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0011/7216/yeah_no_carmex.jpg

juloxx
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz......

Boring, fuckin guy has played every festival in california and hasn't stopped. Something new please.

No!!! Every brostepper in SoCal will be there.

QFT

bobchella
10-12-2010, 01:12 PM
His new album is great but yeah, something different please. By the end of this month i'll have seen him 2x since Coachella

GuyInTucson
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
The fact that the main stage was suggested makes me want to commit a homicide.

Bassnectar played my favorite Sahara set at Coachella this year, yet I don't want him back nor does he deserve an non-tent stage, let alone the main.

rasooli
10-12-2010, 08:41 PM
I think Bassnectar is just a bit overrated....

Neighborhood Creep
10-13-2010, 09:35 AM
I wouldnt mind him back, he's always a good time but the main stage? just stop

betao
10-13-2010, 10:37 AM
The idea is to have less raver kids in the sahara, not more.

rasooli
10-13-2010, 11:47 AM
^

well said.

Gribbz
10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Except "ravers" tend to like nearly all forms of electronic music(at least in my experience.) Perhaps you meant Candee kids?

Anyway, Bassnectar was a lot of fun when I saw him before Coachella. He doesn't need to be back though.

303dubbin
10-13-2010, 04:05 PM
^ ha agreed. candee kids are the ones we need to avoid.

and also agreed, im excited to see him next weekend but it will be the 3rd time for me this year, hopefully he plays a bangin set like he did at coachella. not like the one at wakarusa

betao
10-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Except "ravers" tend to like nearly all forms of electronic music(at least in my experience.) Perhaps you meant Candee kids?

Anyway, Bassnectar was a lot of fun when I saw him before Coachella. He doesn't need to be back though.

yeah I consider raver kids and candee kids the same thing. basically, no more trashy kids in the sahara for '11!

unknown
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Wow, a lot of us have seen him several times this year without even really trying.

Kudos to him for landing a gig at Fabric. Those British kids won't know WTF hit them. Bassnectar on that sound system OH. MY. GOD.

CrimesceneCookie
10-14-2010, 12:41 PM
I loved the first 5 minutes of the set. Then he went on the mic and shouted "HEY DOES ANYONE LIKE DUBSTEP?????!"

...downhill from there.

Distorted_Jungle
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
He did spin the only D'n'B song I heard all weekend if i'm not mistaken, gotta love that factor. I enjoyed his set, just think he's been booked enough in this state and would appreciate something new a lot more.

guedita
10-14-2010, 12:44 PM
(I still have not seen Bassnectar at all ever). THWOMP THWOMP!

daftmau5
10-14-2010, 12:51 PM
i think i've seen him seven times this year (5 fests, DC, and san diego) but im still making a trip to the east coast in a couple weeks to catch him in NYC, philly and again in DC. can't get enough.

rasooli
10-14-2010, 01:12 PM
^

you're a fucking idiot.

daftmau5
10-14-2010, 01:14 PM
hey, trying to insult my intelligence because of my musical taste is not really necessary. i enjoy the energy at his shows.

Distorted_Jungle
10-14-2010, 01:33 PM
It's not your musical taste he's insulting, he's insulting the fact that you are willing to travel to see a guy who plays around where you live all the damn time. He just played last Friday in LA, how about traveling to see acts you haven't seen? I believe that's why he's calling you a fucking idiot.

daftmau5
10-14-2010, 02:09 PM
i moved here two days before he played in SD, couldn't have caught his other shows. only other time i've been around here was for coachellas

in any case, i like lorin's shows enough to catch the end of his fall tour in NYC. me choosing to see music wherever i want is no reason to act like a douche.

or maybe it is, i'm new here. is that just how the coachella boards work? throw entirely unwarranted personal insults around for no reason?

unknown
10-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Who cares where someone travels to see an artist they like? I remember someone insulted me for traveling to England for more Fever Ray without any knowledge of my situation or further reasons for planning such a trip. It's just unnecessary to put someone down for something they're doing just because you wouldn't do it.

daftmau5
10-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Who cares where someone travels to see an artist they like? I remember someone insulted me for traveling to England for more Fever Ray without any knowledge of my situation or further reasons for planning such a trip. It's just unnecessary to put someone down for something they're doing just because you wouldn't do it.

thank you.

guedita
10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I can't come up with a deadheadesque name for a Bassnectar traveler.

guedita
10-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Bassnecwhore. Bassnectourer. All awful.

Distorted_Jungle
10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
I was just clearing up what he was insulting, if you want to travel to see bassnectar go for it. It's your money, your time and your life, none of which are any of my concern haha. I just used the phrase "fuckin idiot" at the end because it's what you were called, not something I was calling you. I would travel great lengths to see certain acts and some I will wait until they hit LA/SD. To each their own, and you sir enjoy your Bassnectar travels haha.

Distorted_Jungle
10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Bassnecwhore. Bassnectourer. All awful.

I think if you added a "t" to the first one like Bassnectwhore it makes it a little better. That's a tough one to come up with when you try and think about it though.

Neighborhood Creep
10-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I seen him at Coachella, the first 2 songs he did at Bonnaroo (left to watch Chromeo and The Flaming Lips) and will be seeing him on Halloween. That's enough for me for the next 2 years... BUT if there were no conflicts worth seeing over him at Coachella again I would be right there for another Bassnectar show

FoxeyLady
10-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Bassnectards

daftmau5
10-14-2010, 02:59 PM
I was just clearing up what he was insulting, if you want to travel to see bassnectar go for it. It's your money, your time and your life, none of which are any of my concern haha. I just used the phrase "fuckin idiot" at the end because it's what you were called, not something I was calling you. I would travel great lengths to see certain acts and some I will wait until they hit LA/SD. To each their own, and you sir enjoy your Bassnectar travels haha.

yeah i was referring to rasooli, not you. thanks for clearing it up

betao
10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
He's coming to Richmond on Nov 4th, the same night that Pretty Lights is coming to Richmond. They're at different venues, and as we all know, they really go hand in hand with each other in terms of music and crowd. Pretty interchangeable.

All of the candee/raver kids are fucking pissed and it's absolutely hilarious.

Distorted_Jungle
10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
He's coming to Richmond on Nov 4th, the same night that Pretty Lights is coming to Richmond. They're at different venues, and as we all know, they really go hand in hand with each other in terms of music and crowd. Pretty interchangeable.

All of the candee/raver kids are fucking pissed and it's absolutely hilarious.

I would be at Pretty Lights if those were my options, I prefer the pretty lights sound over the Bassnectar sound.

303dubbin
10-14-2010, 05:22 PM
^ opposite of that. ha just seen pl so many times

bassnectwhores is funny though.

mittens4kittens
10-14-2010, 06:05 PM
no more trashy kids in the sahara for '11!

lol good luck

juloxx
10-15-2010, 02:41 AM
I would be at Pretty Lights if those were my options, I prefer the pretty lights sound over the Bassnectar sound.

I dont know if you if you have seen Pretty Lights live but that shit is one of the most boring blandest live shows I have ever seen. I aint too much of a dub-step guy but gimme Bassnectars set over that any day of the week. At least Bassnectar changes it up here and there

beeerplease
10-15-2010, 03:31 AM
I dont know if you if you have seen Pretty Lights live but that shit is one of the most boring blandest live shows I have ever seen. I aint too much of a dub-step guy but gimme Bassnectars set over that any day of the week. At least Bassnectar changes it up here and there

THIS!

daftmau5
10-15-2010, 05:16 AM

i saw PL at coachella this year. he's talented at layering/chopping different elements together but his songs hold my attention for like 30 seconds tops. i think it gets monotonous pretty quickly. from what i saw he doesn't have the ability to take it up and down, keep it dynamic and control/capture the energy of the crowd which in my opinion is so key to a live show

bobchella
10-15-2010, 05:18 AM
agreed, although last time I saw bassnectar his primary laptop went down and he played part of a back up set off another laptop and I found myself bored from that material

daftmau5
10-15-2010, 05:21 AM
agreed, although last time I saw bassnectar his primary laptop went down and he played part of a back up set off another laptop and I found myself bored from that material

i can actually see that sucking. that's too bad. i like his shows cause he keeps it fresh so a backup set would probably be pretty subpar.

juloxx
10-15-2010, 02:58 PM
i saw PL at coachella this year. he's talented at layering/chopping different elements together but his songs hold my attention for like 30 seconds tops. i think it gets monotonous pretty quickly. from what i saw he doesn't have the ability to take it up and down, keep it dynamic and control/capture the energy of the crowd which in my opinion is so key to a live show

The worst part of it having to deal with people that think he is amazing live. Whats funny is all those people that argue with me were rolling during his sets. I have never had to have that argument with someone that was sober during a PL set.

Newsflash: If your rolling, standing in line is fucking fantastic.

Man that shit is as over rated as it is boring

303dubbin
10-15-2010, 03:06 PM
^ HA that is pretty perfect. pretty lights never evolves. he was cool the first 3 times i saw him but eh... everytime since then

except for his coachella set. i saw him about a month before and coachella > boulder theater

Distorted_Jungle
10-15-2010, 03:29 PM
^ HA that is pretty perfect. pretty lights never evolves. he was cool the first 3 times i saw him but eh... everytime since then

See I've only caught a chunk of 1 set, at coachella, so I don't have this outlook at all. When i said I prefer the Pretty Lights sound to the Bassnectar sound I was talking production alone. I'm a bigger fan of hip-hop than dubstep and pretty lights production is closer to to hip-hop than what bassnectar brings. I caught the whole Bassnectar set at Coachella and really liked it, but I would need to see a full performance from PL before I could make a fair judgement which is why I would be at PL.

303dubbin
10-15-2010, 03:43 PM
^ no doubt man makes sense. pretty lights is the reason i like djs/producers more than just straight producers alone. dope as hell the 1st few times then afterwards its like... how many times can i hear this and still think this is sick as fuck? hes still alright though, gotta show some CO love. haha

beeerplease
10-15-2010, 04:09 PM
The worst part of it having to deal with people that think he is amazing live. Whats funny is all those people that argue with me were rolling during his sets. I have never had to have that argument with someone that was sober during a PL set.

Newsflash: If your rolling, standing in line is fucking fantastic.

Man that shit is as over rated as it is boring

I should sig everything you've said thus far. Or requote it to the people I'VE had to deal with talking about how amazing Pretty lights is, was, blah blah, rolling balls, blah, something about a live drummer, blah.

303dubbin
10-15-2010, 04:11 PM
blah, something about a live drummer, blah.

ha ha ha exactly.
in the back barely noticable.

juloxx
10-15-2010, 07:00 PM

Your from CO, so I have no doubt that you have had to deal with your share of PL fanboys. Honestly I wouldnt mind them if people weren't spamming his name so much out there. He played our opening ceremony at CU and from then on his name was tossed around WAY more then it deserved/deserves, so naturally I have to regulate.

rolling balls, blah, something about a live drummer, blah.

We must be arguing with the same people

bobchella
10-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I have never had to have that argument with someone that was sober during a PL set.

Yeah when I saw PL last month I was bored until half way through the set... when the molly kicked in. Then it was great (obviously).

303dubbin
10-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Your from CO, so I have no doubt that you have had to deal with your share of PL fanboys. Honestly I wouldnt mind them if people weren't spamming his name so much out there. He played our opening ceremony at CU and from then on his name was tossed around WAY more then it deserved/deserves, so naturally I have to regulate.

i agree man, i don't even go to CU but i had a guest list spot for that opening show last year and i didn't even go cuz i mean... who cares really? hot like sauce is NOT the best thing to happen to electronic music no matter how many people say so

303dubbin
10-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Kudos to him for landing a gig at Fabric. Those British kids won't know WTF hit them. Bassnectar on that sound system OH. MY. GOD.

seriously. i dont know what the system is like but.... i can only imagine how insane that night is gonna be. scratch perverts, doctor p, rusko, andy c, zinc, bassnectar and they havent even announced who is gonna be in the 2 other rooms. damn.

juloxx
10-16-2010, 02:58 AM
^^^ having at least 6 bomb DJ's on locks in one day is an everyday thing for Fabric. They do it live. If you ever go to England go on the last friday of the month (or maybe its every friday) for Playaz Night. I think thats when RAM records takes over Fabric and just unleashes its DJ's on the club. Shit gets hectic

Distorted_Jungle
10-16-2010, 06:27 PM
^^^ having at least 6 bomb DJ's on locks in one day is an everyday thing for Fabric. They do it live. If you ever go to England go on the last friday of the month (or maybe its every friday) for Playaz Night. I think thats when RAM records takes over Fabric and just unleashes its DJ's on the club. Shit gets hectic

I would imagine Playaz night is a True Playaz Records night, DJ Hype's record label.

juloxx
10-16-2010, 07:24 PM
I would imagine Playaz night is a True Playaz Records night, DJ Hype's record label.

Ya I was really drunk when I wrote that. You sir, are correct. Either way, its dope

303dubbin
10-16-2010, 08:08 PM
i would love to be at one of those, those lineups are just ridiculous

StegoDee
10-19-2010, 12:44 AM
I would, however, be down for Big Gigantic next year. You could say they're in the same vein as Bassnectar and Pretty Lights, but come on, they have a saxophonist and everyone knows the saxophone is the coolest instrument, second only to electric guitar.

1TNfUQ1PCTI

WezQBJJv50o

i4hioOoAJM4&feature=related

daftmau5
10-19-2010, 08:27 AM
big gigantic is awesome. love 'funhouse' and 'get your rowdy on'.

not to divert the bassnectarness of the thread but yeah these guys are awesome.

VQzKANy-MFg

EyOxMbT87vA

303dubbin
10-19-2010, 08:35 AM
sneakers by big g is a good one too. they will be in the do lab if they are there tho.

NachoCat
09-14-2011, 09:42 AM
New mix

http://www.bassnectar.net/2011/09/color-storm-remixtape/#

A++

Track listing

Bassnectar – Color Storm
Bassnectar & Seth Drake – Above & Beyond
Bassnectar – Upside Down (Bassectar & Terravita Remix)
Top Cat & Rebel MC – Original Ses
Bassnectar & Datsik – YES
TC – Tap Ho (Bassnectar Remix)
Zion I – Juicy Juice (Acapella)
Nine Inch Nails – Closer (Instrumental)
Dick Dale & His Del-Tones – Misirlou [Pulp Fiction Theme] (Bassnectar Remix)
Bassnectar – Voodoo (Bassnectar & ill.Gates Remix)
Nirvana – In Bloom (Bassnectar Mashup)
MIA – Paper Planes (Instrumental)
Nas ft. Lauryn Hill – If I Ruled The World (Acapella)
ill.Gates & Captain Hook – Open your Eyes (Bassnectar Remix)