PDA

View Full Version : FREE TICKETS (2) - ARCADE FIRE - 10.7.10 - Los Angeles

RageAgainstTheAoki
10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
FREE TICKETS (2) – ARCADE FIRE – 10.7.10 – LOS ANGELES

10/7/10 5:40pm pst

Please excuse me posting this in two forums, but the show is tonight.

My friend was supposed to drive up from OC to join me for Arcade Fire at The Shrine tonight (10/7/10) at 8pm but she’s gotten held up at work. There’s a slim chance she’ll make it but it looks VERY unlikely. I don’t feel like going alone so if she can’t make it I’m going to give my two tickets (Balcony section) away for free.

Tickets are at the box office under will call so you’ll have to meet me at the box office to get them from me. I’d plan to be at the box office sometime between 7:30-7:45. If you’re interested in one or both tickets, please email me. Don’t reply on here. I’m at work and I’m not checking this thing.

Again, no need to bid. They’re free.

Please include your name and your telephone number. If the tix are still available, I’ll contact the first person who responds.

paulb
10-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks!

suprefan
10-07-2010, 05:24 PM
And now you wanna go paul? Right, only free..

Courtney
10-07-2010, 05:25 PM
I want to go! (Let me just buy a plane ticket...)

suprefan
10-07-2010, 05:29 PM
This is total b.s. btw, you are balking at giving them out to the first person who responded. You are mulling about maybe getting money out of it or something. Friend of mine emailed and got an ''ill let you knkw, i didnt think so many people would respond' BULLSHIT.

paulb
10-07-2010, 05:33 PM
ya, got the same....twice

RageAgainstTheAoki
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I gave the tickets to the second person who responded. The first person kept hemming hawing about whether he could get there in time. Given the limited window, I expected maybe 1 or 2 responses. 27 people emailed me in the course of 15 mins. You’ll have to forgive me for not being invested enough to send each and every one of you a personalized email. However, since the first guy was being non-committal I gave each of you a heads up that they may still be available and if I was going to offer them to one of you instead, I’d let you know by 7.

I'm guessing the milkshake is the "Chris" who sent me a rather angry little email yesterday; definitely getting the same warm and friendly vibe. What a charmer.

And, PaulB, you got the same response twice because you sent me two separate emails because you were worried that I hadn’t received the first email sent from your Blackberry.

I just didn’t want to see the tickets go to waste. I’m not a scalper. No one offered money and none was solicited. Jesus. Try and do a nice thing and this is how people react. Anyway, I don’t know if Diego is a regular on this board but if so I hope you and your gf enjoyed the show.

psychic friend
10-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Try and do a nice thing and this is how people react.

<------ welcome to my world

ficklecycle
10-09-2010, 12:42 AM
You know we love you Dani!

fatbastard
10-09-2010, 10:19 AM
PM sent.

Wheres the beef?
10-09-2010, 12:10 PM
How much do the tickets cost? I don't want to spend alot of money.

BROKENDOLL
10-09-2010, 01:50 PM
How much do the tickets cost? I don't want to spend alot of money.
I imagine you can get them pretty cheap for that particular show. You better hurry though!

minogueCOMMAk
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I DON'T WANT TO CAMP.

suprefan
10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I gave the tickets to the second person who responded. The first person kept hemming hawing about whether he could get there in time. Given the limited window, I expected maybe 1 or 2 responses. 27 people emailed me in the course of 15 mins. You’ll have to forgive me for not being invested enough to send each and every one of you a personalized email. However, since the first guy was being non-committal I gave each of you a heads up that they may still be available and if I was going to offer them to one of you instead, I’d let you know by 7.

I'm guessing the milkshake is the "Chris" who sent me a rather angry little email yesterday; definitely getting the same warm and friendly vibe. What a charmer.

And, PaulB, you got the same response twice because you sent me two separate emails because you were worried that I hadn’t received the first email sent from your Blackberry.

I just didn’t want to see the tickets go to waste. I’m not a scalper. No one offered money and none was solicited. Jesus. Try and do a nice thing and this is how people react. Anyway, I don’t know if Diego is a regular on this board but if so I hope you and your gf enjoyed the show.

Youre the stupid ass who decided to ''pick'' somebody an hour before the show was going to begin, what kind of shit is that. Pretty much that takes any planning from a person out of the equation, first response is first response, dont be an idiot about it and balk.

I DON'T WANT TO CAMP.

You need a thicket for that.

psychic friend
10-11-2010, 04:02 PM
haven't you people ever heard not to look a gift horse in the mouth?

MissingPerson
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I know it's an internet cliché by now, but this is why we can't have nice things.

SoulDischarge
10-11-2010, 04:24 PM
In all fairness, this dude is kind of a douchebag. He didn't offer the ticket to me, even though I didn't respond. He also didn't offer up airfare, a luxurious hotel, free drugs, or even to get me laid while I was in town. Although, to be honest, it probably would have been terrible anyway. I bet he only would have bought me three drinks and only the regular vinyl instead of the deluxe signed edition.

fatbastard
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
PM sent.

Hannahrain
10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
FOR.

Hannahrain
FUCK'S.

Hannahrain
SAKE.

Hannahrain
10-11-2010, 04:28 PM
ESPECIALLY.

Hannahrain
10-11-2010, 04:28 PM
YOU.

Hannahrain
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM
CHRIS.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I do enjoy that Chris thinks he should somehow be able to dictate how a person chooses to give away free things to people.

RageAgainstTheAoki
10-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Youre the stupid ass who decided to ''pick'' somebody an hour before the show was going to begin, what kind of shit is that. Pretty much that takes any planning from a person out of the equation, first response is first response, dont be an idiot about it and balk.

I know I should just disengage, but I am truly astonished at your bullheadedness and your complete lack of civility. I know, I know, it's a messageboard but, still, is this how you conduct yourself in everyday interactions with people or do you save the charm for those of us online?

I can't believe I'm trying to justify giving away two fully paid for tickets for free, but let's see if a simple restating of the facts will allow you to come to some peace.

I did offer the ticket to the first person who responded. He was trying to secure a ride to the venue. I told him I'd give him until 7 to figure that out or I'd have to give the ticket up to the next person who could claim it.

Then what do I do? I take the time to email the other 25+ people (yourself included) who responded to let them know that the tickets MAY still be available and I'd email them by 7pm if they were. I did this while at work and while trying to get a project wrapped in time so that I could meet someone at the venue to give them my tickets... for free.

At 7, the first guy bows out and I immediately offer the tickets to the 2nd guy who responded. He takes them right away. What do I do, then? I take the time to write back to all 25+ of you to let you know that the tickets are gone so that you don't sit around your computers hoping for a last minute chance at the tickets.

Oh and by the way, you were the 8th person who responded so I guess you’ll just have to be faster next time.

Gribbz
10-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Crushed.

MissingPerson
10-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Yup. Pretty roundly.

fatbastard
10-12-2010, 07:28 AM
I know I should just disengage, but I am truly astonished at your bullheadedness and your complete lack of civility. I know, I know, it's a messageboard but, still, is this how you conduct yourself in everyday interactions with people or do you save the charm for those of us online?

I can't believe I'm trying to justify giving away two fully paid for tickets for free, but let's see if a simple restating of the facts will allow you to come to some peace.

I did offer the ticket to the first person who responded. He was trying to secure a ride to the venue. I told him I'd give him until 7 to figure that out or I'd have to give the ticket up to the next person who could claim it.

Then what do I do? I take the time to email the other 25+ people (yourself included) who responded to let them know that the tickets MAY still be available and I'd email them by 7pm if they were. I did this while at work and while trying to get a project wrapped in time so that I could meet someone at the venue to give them my tickets... for free.

At 7, the first guy bows out and I immediately offer the tickets to the 2nd guy who responded. He takes them right away. What do I do, then? I take the time to write back to all 25+ of you to let you know that the tickets are gone so that you don't sit around your computers hoping for a last minute chance at the tickets.

Oh and by the way, you were the 8th person who responded so I guess you’ll just have to be faster next time.

Trust me, you don't have to go any further.:rotfl

TheScenestar
10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
This thread is magic. I'm glad I found it.

imaginary
10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
pm sent