PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy- Close Sahara-- Sunday-- NOW!

WhyTheLongFace
09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah Paul. Do it Paul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaxZPP-lRN0

*In case Paul T actually reads this, this isn't a joke thread like my Aerosmith one please take into serious consideration*

Gribbz
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
I support this.... but why did you specify that it had to be Sunday?

thefrush
09-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I'd rather see them headline on the main stage, personally. But I would definitely not object to a closing spot in the Sahara. I want to see them live at a festival, I'd rock myself straight out of my fucking skin.

obzen
Friday in the tent, after Arcade Fire closes the Coachella stage.

WhyTheLongFace
I support this.... but why did you specify that it had to be Sunday?

I want to go out in a bang.

BANG!

WhyTheLongFace
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Like you know that ringing noise you get walking to your car after the last day of Coachella. You hear everyones voices talking and still a little bit of music. That should be Prodigy.

Gribbz
09-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I'd rather see them headline on the main stage, personally. But I would definitely not object to a closing spot in the Sahara. I want to see them live at a festival, I'd rock myself straight out of my fucking skin.

Fuck GOOD dance acts being on the Main Stage.

tmac
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
amen. this would be amazing

tigermilkboy
09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
You would think this would have already happened! Why hasn't it?

koryp
09-14-2010, 10:51 AM
In April while watching major lazer we were commenting on how much they reminded us of an early 90's prodigy show, then began pining away for another chance to see prodigy bring the evil. I support this thread!

WhyTheLongFace
09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
In April while watching major lazer we were commenting on how much they reminded us of an early 90's prodigy show, then began pining away for another chance to see prodigy bring the evil. I support this thread!

Paging: Dale Gribble lol

Gribbz
09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
You would think this would have already happened! Why hasn't it?
It has. 2005.

Paging: Dale Gribble lol

This does look rather silly:

IHnEZk5j5Gk

Luckily they don't actually SOUND like Major Lulzer.

rasooli
09-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Friday in the tent, after Arcade Fire closes the Coachella stage.

Yes.

Bud Luster
09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
I dunno, I can't stand the Prodigy's awful screaming and yelping during live shows. I didn't think they were very good when they played the main stage in 02.

Distorted_Jungle
09-14-2010, 02:06 PM
I heard they sucked ass at Ultra when they played, I would be there without a doubt and hear they usually put on a great performance though so maybe Ultra was an off night.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-14-2010, 02:07 PM
their Sunday night closing set at the Sahara in 2005 was kind of lame.

Gribbz
09-14-2010, 02:09 PM
That was 5 years ago though. I hear they've been killing it lately(last 2 years or so.)

Perhaps Josh, Sophia, Forza, or Matt D. can chime in...

unknown
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Juan and I ended up leaving after 4 or 5 songs during their set on Sunday. It was really more of the crowds fault. EVERYONE WAS TALKING EVERYWHERE. The real kicker was when this girl pushed by me and asked who was playing. We just started laughing our asses off. They did sound good though from the little bit I did manage to hear clearly.

rage patton
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
I saw The Prodigy twice last year and they have indeed be "killing it" lately. The new tracks rock live and the classics are as great as ever.

Honestly though, after seeing The Prodigy in Europe... I am not sure I would even bother seeing them again in North America. The energy in the performance I saw was out of this world. They got 30,000 to crouch down during the downtempo part of "Smack My Bitch Up" and when the bass and vocals kicked back, EVERYONE jumped up at the same time and went apeshit. Im getting goosebumps just thinking about. Someone also lit and emergency flare during "Warriors Dance" and there was like a tribal dance circle going on around it. Shit went crazy that night.

djandrews25
09-14-2010, 03:49 PM
I support them closing friday or saturday.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM
I saw The Prodigy twice last year and they have indeed be "killing it" lately. The new tracks rock live and the classics are as great as ever.

Honestly though, after seeing The Prodigy in Europe... I am not sure I would even bother seeing them again in North America. The energy in the performance I saw was out of this world. They got 30,000 to crouch down during the downtempo part of "Smack My Bitch Up" and when the bass and vocals kicked back, EVERYONE jumped up at the same time and went apeshit. Im getting goosebumps just thinking about. Someone also lit and emergency flare during "Warriors Dance" and there was like a tribal dance circle going on around it. Shit went crazy that night.

this is why Prodigy worked better when they played the main stage in 2002 vs. playing the Sahara in 2005.

boarderwoozel3
09-14-2010, 05:31 PM

I had the exact same experience at Pukkelpop this summer only I think the crowd is slightly bigger. That set was absolutely insane. I'm not sure what an American festival crowd would be like that but seeing them in the Sahara sounds like an excellent idea to me.

~Endorsed.

paulb
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Fuck yes! The Prodigy need to come back to Coachella and rip the shit apart!!! Their show in Seattle last year was incredible! So much energy...

shotglass75
09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
I think it's time the Main Stage gets destroyed.

6mXrlxDykkE

Gribbz
09-14-2010, 08:34 PM

6mXrlxDykkE

Jesus god.

Sahara please.

koryp
09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah that did it. After seeing that last video, this has to happen. I'll devoat a little bit of the next 213 days to affirmations focused on seeing this show at coachella. I watched The secret I know how this works.
I am so happy and grateful that The Prodigy is playing coachella in April 2011!

Gribbz
09-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm currently giving Invaders Must Die another listen... not as shitty as I remember it being.

darkjustice
09-14-2010, 09:57 PM
chumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpych umpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychum pychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpy chumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpychumpych umpychumpychumpy

koryp
09-14-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm currently giving Invaders Must Die another listen... not as shitty as I remember it being.

Actually not a bad album at all. I remember having to remind myself when it came out not to compare it to jilted generation. That just isn't fair. If it came out today and I had never heard any other Prodigy, I'd have pretty high remarks about it. I also highly recommend this album on vinyl over any other format. Lots of clarity and nuance from the recording that I don't hear from my digital copies.

Gribbz
09-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Sounds like these songs would hit pretty hard in a live setting.

I think I was initially disappointed because I love all of their other albums so much. Fat of the Land was one of, if not the first album I ever purchased as a kid.

koryp
09-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Sounds like these songs would hit pretty hard in a live setting.

I think I was initially disappointed because I love all of their other albums so much. Fat of the Land was one of, if not the first album I ever purchased as a kid.

I had a similar experience with always outnumbered, but after a few listens, found a place for it in my collection. Granted it is not my go to album, but some good tracks. Bottom line is these guys have evolved and still kept their own individual identity. Their performances however seem to have recently taken a swing back to the power that caught my attention back in day. It's time to see them again.

Wheres the beef?
09-14-2010, 11:13 PM
I heard they sucked ass at Ultra when they played, I would be there without a doubt and hear they usually put on a great performance though so maybe Ultra was an off night.

They sucked ass when I saw them in SF too. :nono

Prodigy can play the dome @ noon.

koryp
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
They sucked ass when I saw them in SF too.

I know their show can be a bit unorthodox and it sounds like they were tayloring the show to fit the venue, but when they were sucking that ass, how awesome were the lasers?

Wheres the beef?
09-14-2010, 11:39 PM
I know their show can be a bit unorthodox and it sounds like they were tayloring the show to fit the venue, but when they were sucking that ass, how awesome were the lasers?

There were no lasers. And no amount of lasers would save some dudes screaming over heavy metal electronic music.

koryp
09-14-2010, 11:52 PM
There were no lasers. And no amount of lasers would save some dudes screaming over heavy metal electronic music.

Yeah, I'd be a little let down too if I went to see a great Prodigy show and all they gave me is 2 hours of a San Francisco side show instead of lasers. Cheer up, It'll be better in the Sahara.

darksideofkaos.
09-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Signed... I've never gotten the chance to see The Prodigy and would love to.

kuuguy
09-15-2010, 05:51 AM
SIGNED! Saw them in San Fran just under a year ago and they destroyed, also helped to see them in a relatively intimate enclosed venue with great sound. That being said, the Sahara summons them for '11.

paulb
09-15-2010, 08:39 AM

at Ultra, their plane was late and Prodigy went straight from the runway to the stage and had not done a sound check or anything...

betao
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
this is why Prodigy worked better when they played the main stage in 2002 vs. playing the Sahara in 2005.

No Marco. It's why old school dance acts can get away with that in Europe and not here in the states.

Think back to Underworld playing before Radiohead up NYC back in 2008. I really don't want them playing to a crowd full of people just bobbing their heads, waiting for the headliner to come on (and if the average coachella crowd this past year was any indication, thats exactly what it would be like).

The only EDM act that could (and should) play on the mainstage is Daft.

Prodigy should not play on a stage before another act. They should play in the dance tent. MAYBE they could close out the outdoor theatre, but they are much much MUCH more suited for closing the Sahara.

And again, if you dont believe me, go look up YT videos of Underworld's set at APW. That's what it would be like if they did the mainstage.

And their material has always worked better live. Also, their shows in 2002 are nothing like they are now. The shows I saw in 2009 were full of energy and fucking rocked. The new material was absolutely insane live.

I support this thread.

boarderwoozel3
09-15-2010, 10:55 AM
The gig I saw last month in Belgium they played the main stage before... wait for it... Snow Patrol O_o And there were still pits the size of tennis courts. Talk about a crowd change.

Anyway, Coachella is a generally passive festival compared to most. Betao is spot on with his assessment.

The Prodigy is one of those groups that really thrives off of the crowd so they work best in whatever space accommodates condensing those passionate fans to create that atmosphere. That space is not a main stage in the states.

And Omen is completely badass live. For their stage production think less lasers and more copious banks of seizure-level strobe and spot lights.

Wheres the beef?
09-15-2010, 12:22 PM
No Marco. It's why old school dance acts can get away with that in Europe and not here in the states.

Think back to Underworld playing before Radiohead up NYC back in 2008. I really don't want them playing to a crowd full of people just bobbing their heads, waiting for the headliner to come on (and if the average coachella crowd this past year was any indication, thats exactly what it would be like).

The only EDM act that could (and should) play on the mainstage is Daft.

Prodigy should not play on a stage before another act. They should play in the dance tent. MAYBE they could close out the outdoor theatre, but they are much much MUCH more suited for closing the Sahara.

And again, if you dont believe me, go look up YT videos of Underworld's set at APW. That's what it would be like if they did the mainstage.

And their material has always worked better live. Also, their shows in 2002 are nothing like they are now. The shows I saw in 2009 were full of energy and fucking rocked. The new material was absolutely insane live.

I support this thread.

"Ewwww what is this music? It's, like, so angry. Let's go watch the XX."

WhyTheLongFace
09-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Ezq8liSNbA8

Mr. Dylanja
09-15-2010, 02:22 PM
*scribble scribble scribble*

^ signed.

CrimesceneCookie
09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Way too cheesy.
Couldn't be worse than most sahara closers as of late, though. (except Plastikman)

rasooli
09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
^Come on now, 2manydjs killed it.

rage patton
09-17-2010, 08:32 AM

Actually, I don't think they would work at the mainstage at all at this point.

Prodigy closing the Outdoor. Now that sounds like an excellent idea to me.

WhyTheLongFace
11-07-2010, 11:31 AM
ICu907K4fN8

betao
11-07-2010, 11:54 AM
One of the most intense concert openings I've ever witnessed; this is what they were opening their shows up with during some of the 2006 tours:

KgOt86SEHjQ

BROKENDOLL
11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/th_IMGP1544-1.jpg (http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/IMGP1544-1.jpg)
I'm ready for another round of the Prodigy, no need to ask me twice...

Bons222000
11-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I'd support Prodigy to close out the Sahara only if there wasn't a headliner I wanted to see playing at the same time. If someone lame headlines one night though, Prodigy is going to be way too packed in the tent.

juloxx
11-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Now your talking my language. Full support for them to close out any night on Sahara or Main-stage

Way too cheesy.
Couldn't be worse than most sahara closers as of late, though. (except Plastikman)

Really dude? You go to a festival that plays artists like David Guetta, Diplo/Major Lazer, Tiesto, etc.... and you call The Prodigy "way to cheesy"? Please bro. If anything we need to have The Prodigy here to school the next gen of electronic fans on how bomb electronic music doesn't have to be gayed up to appeal to the masses.

discobotica
11-09-2010, 11:24 PM
DO WANT :thu

6RI9wVgOO1s

one of my favorite music vids of all time

Aurgasm
11-10-2010, 06:42 AM
no thanks..

would love to have them at coach but Sunday's closer will indeed be a couple guys from essex, just not these guys.

betao
11-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Fine. Then Saturday closer.

Gribbz
11-10-2010, 07:13 AM
I'd rather have them "headlining/closing" than Swedish House Mafia.

Also, I take it Underworld is from Essex?

Cookieman908
11-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Prodigy as a Sahara Sunday closer? Already happened in 2005. Boring....

betao
11-10-2010, 07:38 AM
I'd rather have them "headlining/closing" than Swedish House Mafia.

Also, I take it Underworld is from Essex?

Yes, and yes I think so.

I think 6 years is a long enough wait.

and boring is hardly the right word to describe a prodigy set with.

faxman75
11-10-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure how Prodigy is these days but the Fat of the Land Tour in 1997 was fucking fantastic and intense! Saw him at Metro in Chicago and he's one edm act I would like to see again. I've never seen Underworld so that would be cool too but I think I would prefer Prodigy.

daft$tar
11-10-2010, 11:03 AM
fully support this!! whatever day it is...

BROKENDOLL
11-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Now your talking my language. Full support for them to close out any night on Sahara or Main-stage
Really dude? You go to a festival that plays artists like David Guetta, Diplo/Major Lazer, Tiesto, etc.... and you call The Prodigy "way to cheesy"? Please bro. If anything we need to have The Prodigy here to school the next gen of electronic fans on how bomb electronic music doesn't have to be gayed up to appeal to the masses.
QFT...Cheesy? I don't fucking think so.

Boring, my ass! They converted my taste in in music that year, and confirmed the love last year.

Yes, and yes I think so.
I think 6 years is a long enough wait.

and boring is hardly the right word to describe a prodigy set with.
Do we need to slap someone's bitch up around here?

juloxx
11-14-2010, 05:56 AM
The Prodigy just remixed 99 Problems by Jay-Z and its fire.

xjwN1RQZXUk

Better than the original if you ask me

shotglass75
11-15-2010, 08:08 AM
WTF?!?!?!?!? Looks like no Coachella either

http://theprodigy.com/latest-news/37-homepage-section/423-the-prodigy-announce-us-tour-with-linkin-park

'yo people we are just starting new tunes for the follow up to invaders and will be flat out in studio for most of next year and not doin much live....,, but we decided to stick our heads out of studio in late february and head to usa to jump on last two weeks of the linkin park american tour after the band asked us. Always good to get back over there and bring the noise
big up'
master H

http://theprodigy-newsletter.s3.amazonaws.com/nov10/newsletter.jpg

betao
11-15-2010, 08:10 AM

That makes absolutely no fucking sense.

No way. Has to be fake.

shotglass75
11-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Presale Tickets Available Through LinkinPark.com

LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - November 15, 2010) - Through their official website (www.linkinpark.com) LINKIN PARK has announced dates for their US tour, kicking off January 20th in Sunrise, Florida. Supporting Linkin Park on various dates on the cross continent trek are The Prodigy, Pendulum and Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Tickets to the general public will begin going on sale Saturday, November 20 but fans can go to www.linkinpark.com to learn how to get their tickets beginning immediately through a special offering on the band's web site.

Prior to the 2011 US tour -- which will be the band's first since 2008, they completed a highly-acclaimed, sold-out tour of Europe which garnered rave reviews. Touring in support of their recently released album, A Thousand Suns, which debuted on top of the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart, Linkin Park's live show is a celebration of sound and vision -- a transformative multi-media experience that befits the power of the music. The press has been buzzing about the most recent shows in Europe. The UK's Guardian says, "The stage is decked out with giant screens, but it's low and reaches right into the arena, giving simultaneous impressions of a spectacle and being 'one with the fans,'" and London's Evening Standard called the band's 2 night sold-out stand at the O2 Arena, "exhilarating."

The tour's set list combines the biggest hits of the band's career, as well as material from the new album, which has been described as a psychedelic journey that explores the conflict between technology and humanity. Lead vocalist Chester Bennington says, "The new songs work really well alongside the older stuff. Plus, there's a strong, powerful message to A Thousand Suns, and we've transferred that into the show. Our aim was that we're not just putting on a live performance, but something that's visually spectacular as well."

Linkin Park was just voted 'Best Live Act' at the 2010 MTV European Music Awards. As a special "thank you" to concert goers, included as a bonus with the purchase of every ticket, fans will be able to download a live recording of the show they attended by texting a code from their mobile phones that will be displayed at the venue. Additionally, one dollar for each ticket purchased will go to Music For Relief, a charity founded by Linkin Park to provide relief to victims of natural disasters and to bring awareness to solutions to the global warming challenge.

Joining Linkin Park on tour will be UK legends, The Prodigy opening the show from February 15th through 26th. Pendulum and Does It Offend You, Yeah? will be kicking off the tour on January 20th thru February 11th.

with Pendulum and Does It Offend You ,Yeah?
Jan 20 Sunrise, FL @ Bank Atlantic Center
Jan 22 Tampa, FL @ St Pete Times Forum
Jan 23 Atlanta, GA @ Phillips Arena
Jan 25 Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena
Jan 26 Chicago, IL @ United Center
Jan 28 Minneapolis, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
Jan 29 Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
Jan 31 Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
Feb 1 Boston, MA @ TD Garden
Feb 4 New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
Feb 7 Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
Feb 8 Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
Feb 10 Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
Feb 11 Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
with The Prodigy:
Feb 15 Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
Feb 17 Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
Feb 19 Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand - Garden Arena
Feb 20 San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
Feb 23 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
Feb 25 Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions Arena
Feb 26 Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
For on-sale info and tour updates go to www.linkinpark.com

betao
11-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Yeah I just saw that too. What the fuck? Who's idea was this?

koryp
11-15-2010, 08:34 AM
And of all bands, linkin park? I really have been itching to catch a prodigy show again, but I don't think I can live with giving LP my money in the process.

betao
11-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Do today's Linkin Park fans even know who Prodigy are?

Thisismyname
11-15-2010, 08:37 AM
^ No.

That's the point of them going on this tour. It's called being an opener.

shotglass75
11-15-2010, 08:38 AM
^
^
They will after this.

betao
11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
^ No.

That's the point of them going on this tour. It's called being an opener.

It's just weird though. They don't work in a stadium like this in the US, they aren't really an "opening" band for a band of such mainstream popularity like Linkin Park. They just arent.

I can see Pendulum and DIOYY working out, but it just doesn't make sense with Prodigy.

Thisismyname
11-15-2010, 08:42 AM
I think it makes perfect sense.

I could totally see LP fans enjoying Prodigy, and it's been pretty obvious with the amount of dates here in the US this go around that the Prodigy are once again trying to "break" into america. Remember when Muse opened up for My Chemical Romance? Worked out rather nicely for them didn't it?

juloxx
11-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Id much rather prefer a Prodigy/Pendulum tour.

Honestly I really want to see The Prodigy, but I dont really care for Linkin Park. Guess it just comes down to ticket prices

Mr. Porter
11-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Linkin Park at Coachella lol

WhyTheLongFace
11-15-2010, 01:03 PM
If tickets aren't more than 80 (for mid level) I will be there

paulb
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
looks like most dates are 75 including fees....59 for upper level

juloxx
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Linkin Park at Coachella lol

I will gladly take a Linkin Park if they bring along The Prodigy + Pendulum

shotglass75
11-15-2010, 02:32 PM
It can't be worse than Coheed and Cambria.

boarderwoozel3
11-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Everyone loses when those two compete.

Wheres the beef?
11-15-2010, 08:00 PM
I will gladly take a Linkin Park if they bring along The Prodigy + Pendulum

No. No No No nonononono No.

Huggz
11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I've noticed Sahara tend to always have a pretty lame/cheesy line up, so I guess having Prodigy headlining would be fitting.

windwatrerthfir
02-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Going to see Prodigy tonight in San Diego. I do really wish they were playing coachella, I feel like they are made for huge crowds.

paulb
02-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Exactly....have fun! Ill be at the next 2!

windwatrerthfir
02-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Just had to say. That was my first time seeing Prodigy and have been wanting to see them for a while. AWESOME show. High energy, played all the songs I wanted, lot of 'new' stuff. They kicked ass in an arena, but would do much better in a coachella like environment.

paulb
02-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Glad you had fun....how long total would u say they played? 50min+? Same setlist as Vegas?

shotglass75
03-16-2011, 10:36 AM
prDw0RldOJE

FUCK

ELPOLLOLOCO
03-16-2011, 11:04 AM
prodigy are so shitty live...skip...I've always just wanted to see Liam Howlett by himself sorrounded by 360degrees of gear...

this is the BEST track he ever made:

pq9sTR1PKqM

imagine how it would be
to be at the top making cash money
on tour all around the world
telling stories about all the young girls

shotglass75
03-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I agree that track is sick, but saying Prodigy are shitty live is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. When/where did you see them? I've seen them 3 times and they have always put on one of the most energetic, get the crowd going, shows.

Always loved this remix
1j_DPb1s508

rage patton
03-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, wtf? The Prodigy are insane live. They were great when I saw them in Seattle in 09... but they were fucking INCREDIBLE when I saw them in France that same summer. Europeans love the Prodigy. The entire audience was going apeshit during every moment of their set. I don't know what the crowd would be like for The Prodigy at Coachella... but I am so down for them to make an appearance in 2012.

BROKENDOLL
03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
The Prodigy at Coachella in 2005 are the reason for the Coachella addiction I have now.

betao
04-05-2011, 11:10 AM
They're coming out with a live CD/DVD of the festival they put on back in July.

Here was the setlist to that gig. I think I would just collapse and die after this gig:

World's On Fire
Breathe
Omen
Colours
Poison
Thunder (dubstep)
Warrior's Dance
Firestarter
Run With the Wolves
Weather Experience (fill)
Voodoo People
Mindfields
Omen (reprise)
Invaders Must Die
Diesel Power (fill)
Smack My Bitch Up
-----
Take Me To The Hospital
Everybody In The place
No Good (Start The Dance)
Charly (fill)
Their Law
Out Of Space

rage patton
04-05-2011, 11:15 AM
That was pretty much the exact same setlist I saw them play in Paris in 2009... minus 2 or 3 songs. It was pretty intense.

kvnty
04-05-2011, 11:20 AM
I would shit twice and die if Prodigy was added to this year's lineup.

paulb
04-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Same...... I look forward to grabbing the new film on Blu ray!

kvnty
04-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I remember trying to see them at the Riveria (~2,500 seat venue) in Chicago in '06 and couldn't even get within two blocks of the place. They were once THE hottest underground band in the world.

Sigma
04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Last time I saw them was at the Staples Center in February. They put on a massive show even though they were opening and didn't get as much time as they deserved (and the crowd was full of people that aren't down to dance). I've seen them four times and they have consistently put on great shows, easily the best shows I've ever seen. One day I will get the chance to see them grace a stage at Coachella... one day...

Gribbz
05-30-2011, 12:57 PM

6mXrlxDykkE

Fucking BUMP.

Also:

I think it's time the Sahara gets destroyed.

Fixed.

WhyTheLongFace
05-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Listening to World's On Fire and OMG Omen would murder me

juloxx
05-30-2011, 07:41 PM
They opened with Worlds on Fire last time they toured Invaders Must Die.

BUMP

paulb
05-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Prodigy.....toooooo incredible! Must find Worlds On Fire somewhere in stores!! Will have to check Ameoba i guess....

Sigma
05-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Deserve main stage though, to be honest...

weeklymix
05-31-2011, 01:41 AM
You deserved to be punched in the mouth, to be honest...

See? I can make baseless declarations, too.

WhyTheLongFace
10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
I know you're busy Paul..........but could you do me this favor? :)

GuyInTucson
10-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I thought I had signed this but it turns out I haven't. So......

signed.

tmac
10-21-2011, 12:28 PM
This would be amazing

daft$tar
10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
signed - please gv, PLEASE?!

blackchango
10-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Yup!

seitron
10-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Although the idea of mainstage is nice, the idea of ending coachella in a prodigy tent explosion sounds amazeballs. Signed

betao
10-23-2011, 01:39 PM
What we're dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law.

theStank
10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
NOW!!!

NachoCat
10-24-2011, 02:05 PM
YES.

303dubbin
10-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Yes, si, oui

NachoCat
10-24-2011, 02:54 PM
With as much energy as they bring I think they would work better on Fri.

daft$tar
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
i want this so badly

nbvcide
10-26-2011, 04:14 PM
i would very much like to see Prodigy at coachella once, before i've seen chem bros at chella 3 times..

NachoCat
12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
B
U
M
P

mmblack
12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/1/19/192b8779_Bump1.jpeg

KidRobot
12-09-2011, 03:11 PM
SIGNED, just not conflicting with Radiohead.

WhyTheLongFace
12-16-2011, 11:00 AM
SIGNED, just not conflicting with Radiohead.

FUCK RADIOHEAD

Gribbz
12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
uxnmbEt5Qqg

Sigma
12-16-2011, 12:02 PM
With as much energy as they bring I think they would work better on Fri.

I agree... while we all still have energy left to move.

WhyTheLongFace
12-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Since Underworld is 99.99999% out I am devoting all my attention to this as my EDM want for the weekend.

Thisismyname
12-16-2011, 12:36 PM
uxnmbEt5Qqg

This could be the most annoying camera work ever.

Still 100% support this though.

juloxx
12-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Since Underworld is 99.99999% out I am devoting all my attention to this as my EDM want for the weekend.

I honestly dont understand how the same person that started a Drake thread, could at the same time start a Prodigy thread. They are just on such opposite sides of the spectrum (Drake being on the side of the "battymen" as Ali G so eloquently puts it)

Needless too say, this thread has my unconditional support. The Prodigy have stayed in the game for so long and have never went cheesy. They would destroy the Polo fields in the best possible way. Biggups for starting this necessary thread

zircona1
12-16-2011, 06:42 PM
I would love this.

Do they ever play anything from their first album? That's like my favorite EDM record ever.

paulb
12-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Yes, they still play Jericho, and end their show with Out Of Space...with a few others here and there I believe.

nbvcide
12-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Why the FUCK hasn't this been more talked about?!?!

Prodigy is gonna play.

they're headlining day one of the Download Festival 2012, the 10th Anniversary.. day 2 & 3 are Metallica and Black Sabbath (with Metallica playing the black album in its entirety). they have a new album coming out in 2012. they just debuted 2 new tracks in Brazil.

Prodigy is playing Coachella 2012.

paulb
12-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I hope so, but they did say Download would be the only festival they play in 2012. Although, that may mean Europe, but why would they even consider North America?

nbvcide
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
yeah, and GV said that Coachella was the only show Rage would play in 2007...

malcolmjamalawesome
12-27-2011, 09:39 PM
ITT: dildos

Sigma
12-28-2011, 08:29 AM
I hope so, but they did say Download would be the only festival they play in 2012.

Where did they say this? I know they were planning to be in the studio for a few months in early 2012, though, so I guess it makes sense.

paulb
12-28-2011, 09:47 AM
On their website.....

Phantasma Del Mar
12-28-2011, 10:16 AM
we have chosen to headline download festival as our only uk festival show next year...

Hmm :D

Sigma
12-28-2011, 10:30 AM
They probably have other festivals planned if they specified uk... Coachella time :)

heart cooks brain
12-28-2011, 10:38 AM
On their website.....

a few mor '.' and you'll enter supre territory.

CrimesceneCookie
12-28-2011, 10:39 AM
The Prodigy have stayed in the game for so long and have never went cheesy.

explain 'firestarter' and 'smack my bitch up'.

juloxx
12-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Our definition of cheese varies greatly

The cheese I am talking about

hWjrMTWXH28

*inserts any Drake song/video, pick one*

tEPB7uzKuh4&ob=av2e
(coming from a Pendulum fan too btw)

So when you look at songs like that, I think whatever level of "cheese" you are referring too that comes from The Prodigy is relatively tame in comparison

CrimesceneCookie
12-28-2011, 11:36 AM
well of course anything looks more legit when you compare it to Lady Gaga.

I had to hear those Prodigy tracks 3x a night when I was toiling away as a club vendor in the mid 90s... they still make me cringe.

amyzzz
12-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I still adore those stupid songs.

GuyInTucson
12-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I still adore those stupid songs.

As do I...

WhyTheLongFace
12-28-2011, 03:03 PM
This is cheesy to yall?

a93nPSp17Yw

Like I said, Cheesy= the new bro. Yall use it for everything

daft$tar
12-28-2011, 04:33 PM
DEAR GOD PLEASE!!!!!

paulb
12-28-2011, 05:18 PM
no cheese....

juloxx
12-28-2011, 05:41 PM
This is cheesy to yall?

Like I said, Cheesy= the new bro. Yall use it for everything

Only one of us were claiming it cheese. The rest are saying Fire starting and Smacking females up is as far from cheese as the spectrum gets

TickleMeElmo
12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I have a feeling if they played, they would close the Outdoor Theatre and some cheesedick DJ would close the Sahara at the same time.

Sigma
12-29-2011, 08:13 AM

Not cheese?

I have a feeling if they played, they would close the Outdoor Theatre

Wouldn't mind that :)

Gribbz
01-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Bump.

Keepin' the faith...

tmac
01-07-2012, 08:03 PM
this would be incredible. opposite SHM/guetta/mau5 closing the mainstage would make me so happy

boarderwoozel3
01-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Drugs & booze. Lots and lots and lots of drugs and booze.

kayeM
01-08-2012, 09:15 AM
prodigy on main stage would complete my life...

nbvcide
01-08-2012, 09:30 AM
I have a feeling if they played, they would close the Outdoor Theatre and some cheesedick DJ would close the Sahara at the same time.i have a feeling theyll close the Sahara during Radiohead...as far as cheese, uh dubstep versions of Breathe?

travelfan
01-08-2012, 09:34 AM
i have a feeling theyll close the Sahara during Radiohead...as far as cheese, uh dubstep versions of Breathe?

You don't think the EDC cheese is going against Radiohead? I've been assuming some combination of a Calvin Harris/Kaskade/AVICII one-two punch during Radiohead.

paulb
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Warriors Dance Festival in Serbia Sept 15th.... so I guess Download wasnt the only festival this year. Come on Coachella!!!

Gribbz
01-08-2012, 10:55 AM
So god damn due.

WhyTheLongFace
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
So thanks to youtube ads I found out the Prodigy re-relased an expanded edition of "The Fat of the Land" with remixes from Noisia, Baauer and Dale Gribble's favorite Major Lazer.

Anyone think this gets them new young fans and they come out and perform at Coachella?????

http://widgets.xlrecordings.com/addedfat/images/packshot.jpg

betao
01-04-2013, 03:23 PM
They opened for Linkin Park a couple of years ago, I wonder if that got them any fans. Such an awkward billing, but hopefully it worked out for Liam.

iamreading
01-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Hopefully someone aimed toward a younger audience would close....at the same time as the Rolling Stones if that's true....

WhyTheLongFace
09-19-2013, 05:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkUd5iCMAAasaX.jpg

Maybe this gives me hope we might see more Prodigy on this side of the pond....maybe

mikey1313666
09-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Do you still think they'd play the Sahara, what with it's new size?

Media Blitz
09-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Would be so into this. If Coachella goes out and gets Drake, I'd hope for a Prodigy closing set to go up against it and save me from the softness.