PDA

View Full Version : A Perfect Circle has returned!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

MuseRadio
11-05-2010, 03:02 PM
have fun 13 stepping tonight guys!

I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Without Paz around do they still bust out the strings? Seeing her and her mom and sister perform on that was magical

thefrush
11-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Helluvan encore.

MuseRadio
11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
My guess is Paz will make a guest appearance here in LA. She lives here and did last time they played LA in 2004.

sin213
11-05-2010, 04:25 PM
MINE. MINE.

TAKE. WHATS. MINE.

can't wait to hear that open the show. i very excite!

MuseRadio
11-05-2010, 04:30 PM
how bout Gravity as a closer to the main set...thats gonna be breathtaking

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
My guess is Paz will make a guest appearance here in LA. She lives here and did last time they played LA in 2004.

yes, yes she did. And I totally forgot that they said former members would probably make guest appearances.

i don't know why I'm even talking about his anymore since I not only don't have a ticket but I also have to work on Monday night now. Fuck.

sonnyboy11
11-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Contacted TM today about the meet n greet. They assured me instructions were forthcoming either tonight or tomorrow day. They also gave me an email address direct to the promoter for questions. I'll post up addy if no response by tomorrow night for anyone that needs it.

nine day brawl
11-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Ok, so I'm biased in that Thirteenth Step is my fave by APC. LOVED the show tonight. Openin with The Package was everything I hoped for. They played an extended version of The Noose, as well as the heavy version of Nurse. Best song of the night is a toss up between The Outsider and Gravity. Only 1 song tonight in the encore: Imagine. Pumped for tomorrow!

Edit: Pet was blistering. Maynard prefaced it by saying a simple "Uh oh."

sonnyboy11
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
^Awesome. I just pitched tent in my 'jamas.

jaimiej
11-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I might have a treat or two for you all tomorrow...

Nice meeting everyone tonight!

deftonepuma
11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Concert was alright. Nothing at all like the Bloody Beetroots the previous Friday obviously, so it was kind of weird being back at the Marquee for such a subdued crowd. Felt like a hostile enviroment, with all the security glances and signs posted everywhere about treating tonight's show like an opera. Even though I don't consider APC moshing music in the least, kind of odd to see no one move more than a foot during the length of the show.

Maynard introducing himself as Major Douche from Puscifer gave me a chuckle.

nine day brawl
11-05-2010, 11:01 PM
I might have a treat or two for you all tomorrow...

Nice meeting everyone tonight!

oo! is it bigger than a breadbox?

i'll be in line tomorrow ~ 4-ish, can't wait!

microcuts
11-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Fancy meeting you here! :D

(p.s. you really should be coming out for some of these shows yknow)

It really pains me that I'm not, especially since the likelihood of hearing Diary of a lovesong again is somewhat high. I'm hoping they do another run of shows a bit closer to me next year.. but 2011 will probably be the year of tool.

Mr. Fuzz
11-06-2010, 08:21 AM
too much talk...

The band played an extended version of the Cure's "Love Song,"

ugh...i'm jealous

Personal Bias: Mer de Noms is by far my favorite album ever.

fixed

So has 3 Libras gotten to be really cliché or something? I never see any of you guys mention it.

i love it too

Mr. Fuzz
11-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Concert was alright. Nothing at all like the Bloody Beetroots the previous Friday obviously, so it was kind of weird being back at the Marquee for such a subdued crowd. Felt like a hostile enviroment, with all the security glances and signs posted everywhere about treating tonight's show like an opera. Even though I don't consider APC moshing music in the least, kind of odd to see no one move more than a foot during the length of the show.

Maynard introducing himself as Major Douche from Puscifer gave me a chuckle.

I'll be moving if I can get in Vegas. I hope for floor tickets

Mr. Fuzz
11-06-2010, 08:26 AM
qiOfQLhmmcI

Mr. Fuzz
11-06-2010, 08:31 AM
All time favorite kiss at 1:31

deftonepuma
11-06-2010, 10:16 AM
*puts on mask*

*spinkicks through thread*

obzen
11-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I feel whack for missing out on this. I jock how I feel like that.

That's tight, huh? How I feel all whack and shit...

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2010, 12:36 PM
3 Libras (remix) was on last night's setlist but wasn't played.

MuseRadio
11-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Dylan and Sin so how was night #2???

Reviews/criticisms please! thanks.

Mr. Dylanja
11-06-2010, 12:46 PM
The Package is ridiculous as an opener, I really enjoyed Maynard whispering at the end. The crowd was rowdier and less respectful and I didn't think the band was as strong the first night. Maynard specifically sounded more flat overall but it did seem like he tried to enhance the softer songs, vocally. During A Stranger he really emphasized this line "What am I to do with all this silence?" he wanted the crowd to be completely silent for a moment as the band had stopped entirely at that point. What does the crowd do? Fucking roars, it was annoying. All complaining aside I still had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat. The Nurse Who Loved Me > Pet > Lullaby > Gravity is just amazing in succession. If I had one word to describe tonight's set it would be, hypnotic.

Highlights from last night were Vanishing and Lullaby > Gravity. Josh Freese gets down during Lullaby, as the song progresses he starts doing fills and dare i say almost sounded a little like....? Ah, you guys will have to wait and tell me what you think :) Before they nixed 3 Libras, they briefly teased Lowrider and one other classic song I can't remember.

getbetter
11-06-2010, 01:08 PM
wow Dylanja is one great reviewer.

jaimiej
11-06-2010, 01:29 PM
The other song was Land Down Under :D

I also MUCH preferred the first night as well.

MuseRadio
11-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Be sure to let us know how the emotive night tonight goes!

deftonepuma
11-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Weak and Powerless for the single encore and boys were out!

James Iha told a couple jokes. Sadly that was the highlight for me aside from watching Josh Freese go off on Let's Have a War.

Radio rock served routinely. I expected nothing more or less. 7/10 for all three nights.

jaimiej
11-06-2010, 10:02 PM
I loved tonight personally. I fully admit as a Billy fan I am biased but it was my favorite of the three I think.

MuseRadio
11-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Very curious to see the emotive night. Cant wait...LA shows just around the corner!

sonnyboy11
11-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Hm. I need to work on an eMotive ticket for LA.

Wheres the beef?
11-07-2010, 02:54 AM
eMotive fucking killed.

It was unreal. The way it started with Annihiliation Maynard was up there on his own.....it was like watching him do a spoken word or something. It was just him. His voice. Singing or really just speaking. A very powerful way to start the show. I really didn't expect it at all. That could have been the most...just.....I think Dylan put it best: it was so organic. And that is what it was from him. I'll post more later but I just needed to give you guys the heads up now...do whatever you need to do to go to the eMotive night. Seriously. Its that good. I also need to time to really take it all in too. Having seen all this material never performed live before. Wow.

And Counting Bodies Like Sheep? Haaaaa yeah. I know its kind of a pet remix but noooooo not at this show. That song was RIDICULOUS. I dont know. I don't know. I'll come back to you guys. Its too much.

I'm going to have to go back and figure out what was what. I think it was Peace Love and Understanding....it was very trip-hop sounding feel to it. Almost like I was watching Massive Attack. Not A Perfect Circle. The show as a whole I think kind of shared that overall texture to it. Very trip hop. More usage of samples and unconventional sounds and structures. It was a surreal thing to be seeing from A Perfect Circle.
I need to go back and rediscover this album before Wednesday.

Weak and Powerless was the encore.

And that Mer De Noms recording is fucking garbage.

jaimiej
11-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Damn, sucks about the MDN show recording, was lookin forward to grabbin it when I got home. Glad everyone else enjoyed last night as much as I did, how about billy with the tiny piano during annihilation eh? They really need to turn the sound up on that bitch but seeing him play it was hilarious.

Wheres the beef?
11-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Its worth getting for the sake of getting. Its not something I'm going to listen to if given a choice. I mean it is a good recording. Just that the bass is terrible. It has a great sound until you hear that bass and its so distorted and just sounds like garbage. I don't know if it was the mics or what. Funny too because the taper has like the same exact gear set up I do so I don't know why that sound happened. Its kind of a bummer because it could be so good. But that one flaw, is just so glaring, I can't give the recording a good review.

But you know what, now that I think about it. We were listening to it through the speakers on the TV. I should give it another listen on some real speakers or headphones. That might have just been the tv.

nine day brawl
11-07-2010, 06:41 AM
i was on the rail to the right of billy, and this show was awesome.

when the roadies first brought out the mini piano, it was covered in a black blanket, yet the roadie put a fire extinguisher next to it. i couldn't figure out what it could possibly be. and of course when the show starts the blanket is removed and it's the piano *smack forehead*

Annihilation was a solid opener. Maynard was singing rather than whispering. Imagine was great again, my favorite performance of that song on the 3-day stay. Passive was great live, even though the vocal range was limited.

my favorite sequence of the night: Freedom of Choice > Let's Have a War > Counting Bodies. I'm not a huge fan of the album version of Freedom of Choice, but Billy was simply amazing. Freese went nuts during Let's Have a War, and Counting Bodies was, simply put, a fucking MONSTER.

oh, and Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie was lame, but i'm not a fan of that track anyway.

Fiddle and the Drum was pretty cool too as it was just Maynard by his lonesome with a keyboard.

"If you smell poop, it's us."

and i got one of the many setlists afterwards :D

MuseRadio
11-07-2010, 06:55 AM
awesome, we all had a feeling the emotive night was going to be surprisingly good and looks like it turned out that way. Massive Attack tonight and Mer de Noms tomorrow...CANT WAIT

jaimiej
11-07-2010, 07:39 AM
i was on the rail to the right of billy, and this show was awesome.

when the roadies first brought out the mini piano, it was covered in a black blanket, yet the roadie put a fire extinguisher next to it. i couldn't figure out what it could possibly be. and of course when the show starts the blanket is removed and it's the piano *smack forehead*

Annihilation was a solid opener. Maynard was singing rather than whispering. Imagine was great again, my favorite performance of that song on the 3-day stay. Passive was great live, even though the vocal range was limited.

my favorite sequence of the night: Freedom of Choice > Let's Have a War > Counting Bodies. I'm not a huge fan of the album version of Freedom of Choice, but Billy was simply amazing. Freese went nuts during Let's Have a War, and Counting Bodies was, simply put, a fucking MONSTER.

oh, and Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie was lame, but i'm not a fan of that track anyway.

Fiddle and the Drum was pretty cool too as it was just Maynard by his lonesome with a keyboard.

"If you smell poop, it's us."

and i got one of the many setlists afterwards :D You must have been really close to me, I was on the barricade lined with billys mic.

nine day brawl
11-07-2010, 08:41 AM
You must have been really close to me, I was on the barricade lined with billys mic.

nice, i was the douche wearing the red puscifer shirt.

garf13ld 5and3rs
11-07-2010, 10:32 PM
The shows were amazing. Mer de Noms > eMotive > Thirteenth Step. Even though, imo, Thirteenth Step was the weakest of the three nights, it was still fucking great. eMotive was really different live, and in a really good way. I almost felt like I wasn't watching APC. Very happy that I was able to make it all three nights.

Was a little disappointed that Weak and Powerless was the encore for the last night but considering the weekend as a whole, it really doesn't matter. It's also worth noting that Arcade Fire bores me and Dylan is still fucking hilarious. I got your next round next time I see you D$, whenever that may be.

sin213
11-08-2010, 07:32 AM
hmm...see, i love all the harmonies and riffs on 13th Step, so i thought that was the best night. 13th Step > Mer De Nom > eMotive. though i was very suprised at how well eMotive did translate live. i was very glad to have seen it...

jaimiej
11-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Ha your list is exactly the opposite of mine

Emotive > MDN > 13th Step

Perhaps its cause Ive seen the 13th Step material so much since I did a lot of shows on that tour but that night didn't really do much for me. Plus that record is my least favorite.

MuseRadio
11-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Haven't seen APC since 2004 at the Gibson Amphitheater...and that show was fucking phenomenal. It's all about to change tonight...Constantly consuming conquer and devour!

TOOLRAGE
11-08-2010, 09:28 AM
My list for the 3 shows is mdn > 13th step > emotive. Diarrhea was the hightlight of all 3. I got to meet james iha after the 13th step show. He was really cool. I asked him how he was getting along w/ the 1st album. He said there are still some mistakes.

getbetter
11-08-2010, 09:33 AM
I hope Twiggy Ramirez comes out for tonight show.Since he said that he was going be playing at one of the LA shows for a couple songs.

GnarVee
11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
^that would be the dope show.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Haven't seen APC since 2004 at the Gibson Amphitheater...and that show was fucking phenomenal. It's all about to change tonight...Constantly consuming conquer and devour!

They played Gibson in 2004?

jaimiej
11-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah was that the show with Mini Kiss?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Huh, looked it up, it was almost exactly 2 months after the Long Beach show. Weird, totally didn't know about that.

uscjeff
11-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know what time they will be on tonight? Is there an opener?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Posted several pages back:
There are no openers for these shows.

Here are the times:
Phoenix - doors: 7 pm, show: 8:30 pm;
LA - doors: 7:30 pm, show: 8:30 pm;
Seattle - doors: 8 pm, show: 9 pm;
SF - doors: 7 pm, show: 8:30 pm;
Vegas - doors: 7 pm, show: 8:30 pm

getbetter
11-08-2010, 11:05 AM
There not going be some crazy dress code for the Avalon?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-08-2010, 11:06 AM

No, not at all. Rock shows are come-as-you-are (although you might have to wear pants as opposed to shorts).

TheRotten42
11-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Does anyone have an extra ticket for tonight that hasn't been promised off to someone else yet that would be willing to sell it? I'm cool paying a little over face but I can't do the $120+ that everybody seems to be asking for

Wheres the beef?
11-08-2010, 11:16 AM

You will have to take your shoes off. Don't bother bringing a camera.

jaimiej
11-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Do you think they'll make us do that again?!?! I was hoping that was a Marquee thing. I was gonna wear a dress tonight and reaaallly dont want to have to stand outside barefoot before we go in.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Wat. that is fucking ridiculous.

getbetter
11-08-2010, 11:46 AM
They have to be joking.

Also i was wondering anyone down to meet up at Blue Palms before the show.

It's Grilled chesse sandwiches night($3)

Damn it i kinda wish i was going for 13th step because it's $4 pint night on tuesdays.

TheRotten42
11-08-2010, 11:55 AM
They have to be joking.

Also i was wondering anyone down to meet up at Blue Palms before the show.

It's Grilled chesse sandwiches night($3)

Damn it i kinda wish i was going for 13th step because it's $4 pint night on tuesdays.

Thats good to know for tomorrow, I may just be there before the show for that.

Mr. Dylanja
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Do you think they'll make us do that again?!?! I was hoping that was a Marquee thing. I was gonna wear a dress tonight and reaaallly dont want to have to stand outside barefoot before we go in.

That is a Marquee thing, you have to do that at all their shows. You should be fine tonight.

jaimiej
11-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Okay good, I'm hoping the whole "pushing in between your tits during the security check" thing was a Marquee deal too...

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Wow. I've never seen/experienced anything like that at the Avalon. it's a pretty upscale place.

sonnyboy11
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Great show tonight! Went with Jagh20. Also saw Omar and kingsblend- you guys are hardcore showing up at 2pm! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Maynard was in good spirits and chatted quite a bit. On the band's future "we know what we're doing- we're just not telling you". James Iha told a few jokes- "Where does a penguin keep his money? In a snow bank!". After he was done Maynard winged his water bottle to the ground as if to say 'nailed it, James!'

Music Highs

Maynard sounded great and hit most notes without reservation. A minor hiccup in Sleeping Beauty but I was pleasantly surprised how strong he sounded on that one given how vocally challenging it is.

I thought Billy sounded terrific and tonight reminded me just how much this is his baby above everyone else's. His recreation of the album's guitar highlights was close to flawless.

Josh and McJunkins were very tight. Josh getting a shoutout from Maynard after the brutal skins pounding of Thinking Of You.

Biggest complaint would be James Iha. I thought he played well but I simply could not hear him in the mix. I was imagining maybe it had something to do with where I was standing but I don't think so. And James actually gets some pretty important parts to fill. Pls fix for tomorrow night!

Random thoughts- we got Ashes to Ashes and Imagine as closers. Both were great. Crowd was a bit subdued at times but overall gave a lot of love. The Hollow>Magdalena>Rose>Judith sequence is just as powerful live if not moreso than the album. Tough to pick a fave moment but I have to admit rearing back and shouting "FUCK YOUR GOD!" felt particularly satisfying. Overheard standing in line tonight from the guys behind me

Tool 1: "What's the name of the bass player in Tool again?"
Tool 2: "I think it's Jimmy Chamberlain"
Tool 1: "Oh yea! That guy is good!"
Me: facepalm

See you punks tomorrow! :D

MuseRadio
11-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Great show. Tho I was in the first row on the rail, the sound there was not too hot. MJK's vocals were VERY low in that area. Gonna try for a different spot tomorrow.

I'll also be in line pretty early tomorrow. If anyone gets there early be sure to say hello!

Wheres the beef?
11-08-2010, 10:05 PM
James Iha, "I love this band and I love this album!"....and slams his mic stand down and spills his drink.

One channel on my rig became useless during the show but looks like the other came out okay. The girl next to me was annoying and WOOed a couple times inappropriately and was talking nonstop until I told her to be quiet. Then she mostly did. Nevermind. Fuck this battery box. Recording is ruined.

The sound was fucking stellar up in the balcony and there was plenty of room to hang out. The band sounded PHENOMENAL.

Troy came out for Ashes to Ashes.

Maynard was in extremely good spirits. He even waved good bye a few times.

sonnyboy11
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
How was Iha's sound in the mix from you guys were? Maynard came across ok to me sound-wise but I'm kinda accepting of him typically being not as up front in the overall mix as I'd like him to be for most of his performances, regardless of band.

Wheres the beef?
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
See you punks tomorrow! :D

Do you have a plan for where you are going to be for the show since they are going to let you in early with the meet n greet? That spot in the balcony front row in front of the soundboard is prime real estate. :)

Wheres the beef?
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
How was Iha's sound in the mix from you guys were? Maynard came across ok to me sound-wise but I'm kinda accepting of him typically being not as up front in the overall mix as I'd like him to be for most of his performances, regardless of band.

He sounded good. I could pick up what he was doing especially during Rose and Magdalena.

sonnyboy11
11-08-2010, 10:13 PM
^ Hm, then I need to give more thought to location tomorrow.

After you guys mentioned they were letting early VIPers pick their spot, I gotta say I'm not sure just yet where I want to be. I'd be willing to bet that upper Mezz area would be cool to hang and watch from- but I cannot sit down for this show. Gonna have to think about it. Suggestions?

TheRotten42
11-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Can I entice anyone going tomorrow who is aiming for the balcony with some prime Kush if they can save a spot for me and my girlfriend?

Wheres the beef?
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
^ Hm, then I need to give more thought to location tomorrow.

After you guys mentioned they were letting early VIPers pick their spot, I gotta say I'm not sure just yet where I want to be. I'd be willing to bet that upper Mezz area would be cool to hang and watch from- but I cannot sit down for this show. Gonna have to think about it. Suggestions?

The lower mez has about a 3-4 ft space between the edge of the seat and the railing. Plenty for three people to stand without being crowded. It's really spacious. I stood the whole show.

jaimiej
11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
I liked tonight but not nearly as much as I liked the MDN night in AZ. I think it was sorely missing Madman/Lovesong, was realllly lookin forward to seein that solo again.

Wheres the beef?
11-08-2010, 10:30 PM
The triple scream at the end of Judith was a nice touch too.

getbetter
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Great show tonight.

MuseRadio
11-09-2010, 05:50 AM
The triple scream at the end of Judith was fantastic.

Also, he hit all the notes in Brena unless I'm missing something.

MuseRadio
11-09-2010, 06:11 AM
You mean instead of " Vuneraaaaable but its alriiiiiiiiiiight"

sin213
11-09-2010, 07:14 AM
The triple scream at the end of Judith was fantastic.

Also, he hit all the notes in Brena unless I'm missing something.

he was close with Brena in AZ...just missed a small part, which threw him off, thats when he just kinda stopped and shook his head. i'm hoping that served as a good warm up and that these next shows will be even better. i can't wait til Vegas.

sin213
11-09-2010, 07:16 AM
I liked tonight but not nearly as much as I liked the MDN night in AZ. I think it was sorely missing Madman/Lovesong, was realllly lookin forward to seein that solo again.

awwww...they didnt' play that?? damn. that sux. figured it would be the normal set list. i really hope to hear that in vegas again. now i guess chances are 50\50.

sin213
11-09-2010, 07:17 AM
One channel on my rig became useless during the show but looks like the other came out okay. The girl next to me was annoying and WOOed a couple times inappropriately and was talking nonstop until I told her to be quiet. Then she mostly did. Nevermind. Fuck this battery box. Recording is ruined.

:nono

i dont believe that you even took it.....

jaimiej
11-09-2010, 07:24 AM
You mean instead of " Vuneraaaaable but its alriiiiiiiiiiight"

Also just for the record the search was SO HALF ASS. Shoes did not have to come off and they barely even searched the purse I took in. Pretty sure these are well covered and I still can't locate my mics so I'm not botherin but just FYI for those who might be considering.

Also - I could BARELY hear James in the mix and Maynards vocals are still really low.

MuseRadio
11-09-2010, 07:31 AM
No in the chorus, he's not saying Brena, it sounds like BAILEY or BABY. I noticed it in AZ and pointed it out to a friend last night who agreed.

Also just for the record the search was SO HALF ASS. Shoes did not have to come off and they barely even searched the purse I took in. Pretty sure these are well covered and I still can't locate my mics so I'm not botherin but just FYI for those who might be considering.

Also - I could BARELY hear James in the mix and Maynards vocals are still really low.

Oh well didn't he break-up with his girlfriend Brena a couple years ago? So maybe thats why he won't use the name. Yeah MJK vocals are almost silent where I was....I'm hoping if I stand further back or in the balcony tonight it will be different.

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Oh well didn't he break-up with his girlfriend Brena a couple years ago? So maybe thats why he won't use the name.

This, although I have no idea what he says now.

Best song last night, Omar?

MuseRadio
11-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Thinking of You.

How about you from the Mer de Noms nite?

sin213
11-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh well didn't he break-up with his girlfriend Brena a couple years ago? So maybe thats why he won't use the name. Yeah MJK vocals are almost silent where I was....I'm hoping if I stand further back or in the balcony tonight it will be different.

yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking. i'd bet it was baby or something generic like that.

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Thinking of You.

How about you from the Mer de Noms nite?

The Eulogy cover was a pleasant surprise.

I just tried to pick and listed six songs, lol, I can't do it.

sonnyboy11
11-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Can't say I have a fave from last night's performance. But major props to Billy on his guitar work during Orestes. His best moment, imo.

TheRotten42
11-09-2010, 01:32 PM
So who all is going tonight?

crombrenner
11-09-2010, 01:35 PM
What time did they go on last night?

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Pay attention to the drumming during Lullaby tonight, boys and girls.

3po1nt0
11-09-2010, 01:53 PM
apc went on around 845 and were done by 955 so it was a really short show

they may go on closer to 830 tonight because 13th step is a longer album.

the music (and maynard's voice) was great though, balcony was awesome.

can't wait for round 2!

jaimiej
11-09-2010, 02:09 PM
So who all is going tonight?

I am.

crombrenner
11-09-2010, 02:19 PM
apc went on around 845 and were done by 955 so it was a really short show

they may go on closer to 830 tonight because 13th step is a longer album.

the music (and maynard's voice) was great though, balcony was awesome.

can't wait for round 2!

Thanks!!!

TheRotten42
11-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Awesome hope to meet some of you and have a drink or 2. Im fucking stoked for this album from the reviews I've seen posted this thread.

obzen
11-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I wonder if there's any word on their forthcoming studio effort, I need to see APC next year when they tour again.

getbetter
11-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Looks like Jeordie White will be the guest tonight probably for "Crimes".

QNtnT36DUDQ&feature=player_embedded

Wheres the beef?
11-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Crimes second time played!

Wheres the beef?
11-09-2010, 04:03 PM

i dont believe that you even took it.....

Its video or nothing from now on. If nothing surfaces, I'll post mine, but I'm sure there will be.

paulb
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Fuckin awesome show last night!!!! Magdalena :pulse

TheRotten42
11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Chilling to the right of the sound booth up in the balcony at the Avalon rocking out to chitty chity bang bang

deftonepuma
11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Awesome interview. Thanks!

sonnyboy11
11-09-2010, 09:47 PM
The Package. Mind blown. I gotta say, better show for me than last night. Quite a few mistakes and a couple of very noticable ones from Maynard (The Outsider). Thought Blue, Vanishing and Pet were outstanding. But... The Package....

"You know what's great about LA??" <thud>

TheRotten42
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
The Package. Mind blown. I gotta say, better show for me than last night. Quite a few mistakes and a couple of very noticable ones from Maynard (The Outsider). Thought Blue, Vanishing and Pet were outstanding. But... The Package....

"You know what's great about LA??" <thud>

Iha: So I was down at 7-11 getting some water

::cheers from the crowd::

Iha: Thats not worth cheering for.

There was a guy sitting in front of me up at the sound board who filmed the who show on a digital camera, I should have got his info.

MuseRadio
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Tonights show was infinitely better than last nights!!! Holy shit!! The scream on Outsider was amazing....but 3 Libras (remix version) was soooo heavy and MJK let loose a monster scream at the end of that

I agree with Sonnyboy....#1 highlight is prolly The Package...

Just wow......so good.

Who is going to emotive tomorrow.

jaimiej
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks to my slacker friend I was the farthest back at any APC show Ive been at in the past 10 years. Stuck back on Billys side by the bar all night. Hopefully can get there a bit earlier tomorrow...

Wheres the beef?
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
It was a really good show.

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks to my slacker friend I was the farthest back at any APC show Ive been at in the past 10 years.

So, is that every show they've ever done?

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I just had a 7.76 GB baby.

CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to see him!

Wheres the beef?
11-09-2010, 10:11 PM
So, guys, sound in the balcony better than the floor?

MuseRadio
11-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Well sound tonight was perfect....sound on the floor last night was pure garbage.

Anyways I'm gonna line up around 4ish tomorrow hopefully...so come find me in line.

Also, just FYI they opened doors at 7pm today (not 730pm) so be careful....

Wheres the beef?
11-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks to my slacker friend I was the farthest back at any APC show Ive been at in the past 10 years. Stuck back on Billys side by the bar all night. Hopefully can get there a bit earlier tomorrow...

jaimiej
11-09-2010, 10:23 PM
So, is that every show they've ever done?

Haha I'm a fangirl but not THAT bad ;)

I plan on being up close tomorrow but those of you that know what I look like should find me. I gotta pack for Seattle at some point so I can't stick around too late tomorrow but hope to see some of you...

sonnyboy11
11-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Who is going to emotive tomorrow.

^ I am!!!

No I'm not... anyone got a spare?

Good seeing you guys again MuseR and kingsblend. Real good vibe overall and I much preferred being in the balcony vs last night on the floor so thanks for the recommend!

Meet/Greet action- Maynard came out and was chatty but would not shake any hands. He spent more time with the winos who paid the extra scratch. He circled the room and thanked everyone for coming. Pretty much it. His parting comment to the rest of us schmos was "You guys should have bought the wine ticket!". /eyeroll

Billy, Josh, Matt and James were very gracious and spent plenty of time talking with us. James Iha was suprisingly humorous. Very nice guy and as genuine a person as he comes across on stage. I asked Josh about playing with DEVO and talked about the Coachella performance ("I love playing with those guys"). Billy came around and I asked him about guitar shiat. The guy next to me asked him about a moment last night where he yelled at his tech just prior to Ashes to Ashes (think that was it). Billy spoke a bit about having the ear monitors in and not being able to hear much outside them, so he often finds himself yelling when he needs something done on stage. Matt was cool and I asked him how the tour was going for him "sold out"... lol! Now that I have been through it I would purchase the meet great again in a heartbeat. Got a signed poster, half decent bag with APC logo, in/out to my car with no line, choice of seat and some good memories.

Back to the show-- Josh Freese appeared to have his fan-club in tow tonight and he just killed. Thinking back he probably is the difference maker in The Package-- those drum lines at the end are crushing. James Iha turned in a very strong performance as well. Maynard busted out the POSTAL shirt he rocked during the recent Tool tour. I thought he was a bit flat during Weak and Powerless (and struggled with Outsider as already mentioned) but did a great job with Gravity. I had no overall sound issues tonight.

Geez sorry for rambling but I just cannot say enough about this show- highlight of my concert year thus far! (cept for Tool second night but... yea)

getbetter
11-09-2010, 10:31 PM
what was the encore?

Wheres the beef?
11-09-2010, 10:34 PM
what was the encore?

3 Libras Remix
Imagine

Wheres the beef?
11-09-2010, 10:36 PM
^ I am!!!

No I'm not... anyone got a spare?

craigslist maybe?

3po1nt0
11-09-2010, 11:27 PM
anyone else catch the "feel good hit of the summer" (QOTSA) tease from josh when troy joined in? troy: "that's the advil song, isn't it?"

loved this show, not quite as tight as night 1 but to hear all of 13th step live, what a treat. i bought a shirt. can't go to night 3, have fun for me

TheRotten42
11-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Ill be there tomorrow, parking down towards sunset and vine at the $8 parking. Drinks and bowls pre-show.

getbetter
11-09-2010, 11:46 PM
so no Jeordie White?

stinkbutt
11-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Josh Hommes showed up? That's better than any other possible guest I can think of

microcuts
11-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Surely he meant Josh Freese..

Did Troy play a song with the band again tonight?

infect ME
11-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Tonight was better than last night imho. The highlight of the night for me was "The Noose." APC is amazing live, can't wait for night 3.

stinkbutt
11-10-2010, 12:23 AM
I just read he said Troy nevermind who cares

jaimiej
11-10-2010, 01:40 AM
SUPPOSEDLY they still have tickets at the box office for tomorrow...

getbetter
11-10-2010, 01:41 AM
this is good to know

MuseRadio
11-10-2010, 05:43 AM
^ I am!!!

Geez sorry for rambling but I just cannot say enough about this show- highlight of my concert year thus far! (cept for Tool second night but... yea)

That doesnt need to be stated. EVERYONE knows that the automatic #1 for this year is Nokia night #2. Everything is just miles after that. haha.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Okay, I'd never seen this and thought I'd share.
-ikzaCelH7M

jaimiej
11-10-2010, 06:56 AM
I recorded the audio on that haha, some randz merged it with his video since its the best audio that exists. Kind of ashamed to admit it cause it sounds like shit but whatever. You can tell I stopped giving a fuck the SECOND Billy starts playing. I had no externals cause they had wands and I was paranoid about getting ejected since it was a private/invite-only event.

That's my boyfriend that says SO GAY at the end.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2010, 07:06 AM
It's a Queen cover, of course it's gay...IN THE MOST AWESOME WAY POSSIBLE!

Wow, you really are a fangirl.

jaimiej
11-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Yeah, thats also me that screams like a fuckin banshee after the first solo. I wasn't lying when I told you I'm not a very good taper. It's not exactly my priority in those types of situations. ;)

sonnyboy11
11-10-2010, 07:24 AM
That Bohemian Rhapsody bit was done at a party thrown by my company at E3. I was invited but of course I was traveling on business at the time. I still get shiat about missing it. One of my fave modern day singers covering a song from one of my favorite classic bands. No regrets there, nooo sir. None at all... :(

jaimiej
11-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Awwww yeah my boyfriend works in the video game industry and that just happened to be one of the parties we were attending that evening. I found out earlier that day that this was happening which is why I knew to take my gear.

GeezrRckr
11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
so, i know this is a massive long-shot, but in case anyone might have an extra for either of the first two Fillmore shows, i would be so very thankful to be your date and weed sherpa.

PM me.

TheRotten42
11-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Okay, I'd never seen this and thought I'd share.
-ikzaCelH7M

Holy shit. Thats epic

infect ME
11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
So I think it is time that we start asking for A Perfect Circle at Coachella 2011. Do you guys think they are big enough to headline? I certainly think they are talented enough, but would they be a big enough draw?

Phantasma Del Mar
11-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Nope.

TheRotten42
11-10-2010, 11:10 AM
So I think it is time that we start asking for A Perfect Circle at Coachella 2011. Do you guys think they are big enough to headline? I certainly think they are talented enough, but would they be a big enough draw?

As good as they are I think they could close the Outdoor stage but not the Coachella stage. Tool could close out the Coachella stage with the light show they bring and maybe even Puscifer with its weird ass burlesque style show, but APC isn't a very active band and they dont have some crazy show to accompny them, just amazing musical talent, but unfortunaley that fact will probably pass over a lot of peoples heads out on the field if the crowd from last year shows up again.

brokenDREAMS
11-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Stoked about scoring a free ticket to tonight's show from my friend who can't make it!

Question for those who went to either of the la shows, how is security with bringing in a point and shoot digital camera? Thanks!

jaimiej
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I can only speak from the female perspective but its not NEARLY as intense as it was for AZ. They dont even really check your body, they just half assedly went through my purse both nights.

TheRotten42
11-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Stoked about scoring a free ticket to tonight's show from my friend who can't make it!

Question for those who went to either of the la shows, how is security with bringing in a point and shoot digital camera? Thanks!

there was a guy sitting infront of me filming on a digital P&S. It was a basic pat down, nothing near the tits on girls nothing near the sack on guys. And you were allowed to keep your shoes on (guess Az is just fucked up).

brokenDREAMS
11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
thanks for the help guys, I'll try to shoot some video tonight. 8 more hours!!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-10-2010, 11:31 AM
i have NEVER been to a concert that required you to take your shoes off. I'd say about 70% (maybe less) of venues in the L.A. area do a pat down, and the rest let you walk in no questions asked. This can change depending on the acts though. Club Nokia is the only one I'm aware of with a metal detector. Maybe the sports arenas as well.

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 12:17 PM
(guess Az is just fucked up).

that's saying it lightly

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Okay good, I'm hoping the whole "pushing in between your tits during the security check" thing was a Marquee deal too...

hahahaha... you sure that was a security guard? J/K

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Can anyone tell what he is saying in the chorus of Brena? It sounds like Bailey??? He said it in AZ too whatever it is...

it sounded more like "my dear laaaady..."

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 12:26 PM
That spot in the balcony front row in front of the soundboard is prime real estate. :)
*taking mental note* i've never tried from the balcony before. not that i'm going tonight, but i'll keep that info if i should ever go to the avalon.

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah, thats also me that screams like a fuckin banshee after the first solo. I wasn't lying when I told you I'm not a very good taper. It's not exactly my priority in those types of situations. ;)I can't even begin to tell you how much i wanted to yell out while taping. Seriously, my throat was swollen shut from some funky bacteria. But last night i met a nurse who loved me. hahahaha. so much so she gave me a shot of steroids in the ass to bring the swelling down.

Gribbz
11-10-2010, 12:37 PM
there was a guy sitting infront of me filming on a digital P&S. It was a basic pat down, nothing near the tits on girls nothing near the sack on guys. And you were allowed to keep your shoes on (guess Az is just fucked up).

The Marquee is the only venue in Arizona(to my knowledge) that does that. Not a big fan of that theater...

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 12:40 PM
there was a guy sitting infront of me filming on a digital P&S. It was a basic pat down, nothing near the tits on girls nothing near the sack on guys. And you were allowed to keep your shoes on (guess Az is just fucked up).Now that's ballsy. Much respect. The band was also filming from the stage at the AZ show. They were also filming from the soundboard.

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 12:43 PM
The Marquee is the only venue in Arizona that does that. Not a big fan of that theater...they must like stinky feet hahahaha. you also can't blaze or drink in your car in the venue parking lot since there's a police station just under the bridge. i've seen plenty of people get taken out before the show even starts. but there is a really nice multilevel parking garage just across the street on the northside from the venue.

Gribbz
11-10-2010, 12:46 PM
they must like stinky feet hahahaha. you also can't blaze or drink in your car in the venue parking lot since there's a police station just under the bridge. i've seen plenty of people get taken out before the show even starts. but there is a really nice multilevel parking garage just across the street on the northside from the venue.

Really? Damn. I live in Tucson and they don't conduct searches at any of the venues here.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2010, 12:53 PM
I can't even begin to tell you how much i wanted to yell out while taping.

Was it you who put the 3 nights up on Dime?

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Really? Damn. I live in Tucson and they don't conduct searches at any of the venues here.Tucson has a much better music scene than Phoenix. Doesn't surprise me that they're more lax on searches.

thebattleofphoenix
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Was it you who put the 3 nights up on Dime?nope. i couldn't yell out because my throat was swollen nearly shut.

Gribbz
11-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Tucson has a much better music scene than Phoenix. Doesn't surprise me that they're more lax on searches.

Phoenix has gotten some good shows this year, but overall I agree. I live across the street from Congress and the Rialto. It's fantastic.

jaimiej
11-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah I am usually pretty good with not yelling when I am taping but there are times when my inner pre-teen takes over and I just can't help myself. Like for instance when my favorite guitar player/male musician is playing fucking Bohemian Rhapsody.

For the record Emotive nights will also be impossible for me to tape quietly so hopefully somebody else grabs them all.

That said, whoever taped that Emotive night in AZ, THANK YOU.

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
WARNING: TONIGHT WILL BE AWESOME

sonnyboy11
11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Checked with Box Office. They say Sold Out.

TheRotten42
11-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Hope to meet some of you tonight. Im gonna try and get up to the balcony again to the same spot next to the sound booth. Ill be wearing a San Diego Padres hat of some color, if you see me say whats up we'll grab a drink. Or We'll be parking down near the Palladium in the $8 lot near the Doolittle Theater parking on Vine towards Sunset prepartying if you want to swing by.

sin213
11-10-2010, 04:08 PM
round 3 for all you la peeps. have fun and get lots of good tapes/footage! :D

oh...and while i was looking around, i found this torrent...its a great archive of most everything APC has to offer bootleg-wise. i already have most of this stuff, as it was available for download thru a fan site, but i've never seen it all in one torrent before.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2388961/1199037/

TheRotten42
11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Awesome set tonight again. We posted up at the same spot to the left of the Soundboard up in the balcony. Gimme Gimme Gimme was really good tonight, much different from the album version.

Turn The Page

The Noose in the encore was amazing

Wheres the beef?
11-10-2010, 10:05 PM
The Noose (alternate version) :)

Wheres the beef?
11-10-2010, 10:10 PM
So security was all over the balcony tonight. Met up with Omar who so awesomely snagged us a great spot in line. We were able to get front row balcony again but not in the coveted center spot but slightly to the right. (The center front balcony is real choice because there is a giant wall behind you and it is dark. There is house lighting on either side that they leave on during the show which really takes away from the performance imo.) We actually ended up sitting next to two tapers who we had been talking with the last few nights.

I taped some and he was too but about 4 songs in I started to get a real sick feeling that someone was watching me. I kept watching the security in front of the stage and getting real paranoid. I could see them pointing up to the mezzanine and talking into their shirts. I had a real sinking feeling we were about to get rolled on. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. So I put my camera away. And just in time to. A girl who worked there came over to have words with the guy next to me for taping and he had to put his camera away. But as soon as she left he had it right back out. She came back a couple songs later and pulled him out of the seating area to the lobby. It was not cool. She did make the guy erase his memory card but let him keep his camera and didn't get kicked out. But talk about a close one. I wasn't going to risk my camera for that.

Then, right before the encore he came back. He said that the venue was cracking down on people in the balcony. Apparently the band (Maynard) was unhappy with all the videos that had shown up on youtube overnight and so they were cracking down.

I hope you iDicks got some sweet videos. All 1-2 minutes. Way to ruin it for everyone. Fuckers.

Tonight was by far the worst night security wise.

jaimiej
11-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Sorry I didnt get to see anyone tonight, I made it RIGHT before doors at 630 and a friend of mine had saved my spot all day so I ended up on barricade right in front of Billy. <3 I liked AZ's Emotive show slightly better but perhaps it was my first time experiencing it.

Now I am off to go pack for Seattle!

Wheres the beef?
11-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Sorry I didnt get to see anyone tonight, I made it RIGHT before doors at 630 and a friend of mine had saved my spot all day so I ended up on barricade right in front of Billy. <3 I liked AZ's Emotive show slightly better but perhaps it was my first time experiencing it.

Now I am off to go pack for Seattle!

Did you see any of the show from the balcony? Or was it all on the floor?

So jealous of Seattle. :)

Wheres the beef?
11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Overall the show was great tonight. I think I liked Phoenix better though. Counting Bodies Like Sheep and When The Levee Breaks were highlights again. Everyone sounded fantastic but I think there was alot more energy in Phoenix. There was something in the air that night that was missing from tonight. It probably was because it was the first time and all.

The Noose (alternate version) was also a highlight.

jaimiej
11-11-2010, 04:48 AM
All of my shows were from the floor, I SHOULD have gone up to the balcony Tuesday night, not sure why I didn't. Maynard seemed exceptionally low in the mix last night as did Billy at times but perhaps that was due to my location.

Last night was the first time this tour Ive experienced douchebags yelling for tool songs and hopefully the last.

sonnyboy11
11-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Fwiw those same douchbags yell for those same Tool songs even at Tool concerts! Never gonna change.

One of the things I loved most about nights 1&2 for these shows was overall how respectful and attentive the audience was during the performances. Sure, maybe a bit more crowd energy would have been welcome. But for both those nights the vast majority of the people around me mostly sang and cheered, as opposed to many concerts I attend where Chatty Cathys think it's social hour and time to talk about their miserable lives the entire night.

Anymore cryptic messaging from Maynard about the band's future last night? While I really do want another Tool record asap, I'd love to see APC do something as well, even if just a bit more touring.

TheRotten42
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM
no talk about future ideas or anything else for that matter. There was less joking around last night then Tuesday night. Just a thank you for supporting the show we appreciate it. Maynard vanished while all the other guys came out to take a bow after The Noose.

microcuts
11-11-2010, 09:29 AM
All three Arizona shows are already up on Dime.

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 09:32 AM
All three Arizona shows are already up on Dime.

Sin, would you mind helping me out with these? I'm not familiar with whatever format they're listed as. I did read that you need a specific converter to get them to mp3 format.

MuseRadio
11-11-2010, 09:40 AM
My overall impression is that all shows were great. The only one I could classify as truly amazing was night #2. They just seemed totally on that night. I think night #1 caused some problems for me cuz the sound where I stood was just awful.

The emovtive night was fun....cool to hear a lot of those songs live. Counting Bodies just killed it. The 3 Libras remix version is fantastic.

Very happy I got to see all these songs live....cant wait for whatever is next....Tool album? APC EP? APC full tour? Who knows....whatever it is I'll be there!!!

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 09:45 AM
APC opening for Tool, ZOMG!

sin213
11-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Sin, would you mind helping me out with these? I'm not familiar with whatever format they're listed as. I did read that you need a specific converter to get them to mp3 format.

the files are in shn format. just get either Traders Little Helper or MKW to convert. both are free. i'd recommend TLH as it will also do flac, ape and many other formats too. mkw is just shn.

those will only go into wav format though. then you can convert to mp3 using Windows Media Player or any other audio conversion software.

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
All that sounds like so much fun :thu

Are there any seeders right now? There were none, yesterday when i tried.

sin213
11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
they had a server failure yesterday. the torrent shows 100+ seeders, when i last looked.

MuseRadio
11-11-2010, 10:03 AM
On a side note I love this thread...the haters have been filtered out and its basically just us 4-5 people discussing some of the best music ever made =)

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 10:12 AM
1145pm-1am on the outdoor stage would be pretty ace!

MuseRadio
11-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I'd rather them not do Coachella if it means we're only gonna get a 50min set instead of a full LA show. I guess either way I could travel to see em in norcal, AZ or Vegas so maybe it dont matter

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 10:29 AM
True, but their sets now are barely an hour. I know this would never happen, but it'd be pretty awesome if they did a different album each night at Coachella. APC > Radiohead mainstage is also another dream I have. Maynard > Thom = EPIC

I get what you're saying though, but if and when they do decide to do a full tour, how big of venues could they play, 5K? Would they need another fairly big support act to ensure a solid draw? They seem to be an inbetween act to me and it's hard to say what their demand truly is at this point. A small exclusive tour like this really doesn't help gauge where they'd fall in the traditional tour format.

faxman75
11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
1145pm-1am on the outdoor stage would be pretty ace!

Yep or even the Dead Weather slot which was an 11PM start. Right after Muse ended.

sonnyboy11
11-11-2010, 10:41 AM
^ Agreed on the issue of their draw. Something like this tour is a quick and easy win for them- small venues, loyal fan base, performing songs by album from start to finish. Whoever dreamed this up and then pushed it forward is a genius- it almost could not miss.

I am of the opinion that a larger tour with one-offs at 5k-6k seats might also work. Keep in mind they whetted appetites for APC and this round was all western dates. Something more widespread would probably succeed even without new material.

jaimiej
11-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Those of you that loved night #2 in LA, do you like that record most? I actually liked that night the least of all 6 Ive done so far but I have a feeling its because I dislike that record and was also back in no mans land that night.

faxman75
11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I"m sure Maynard and Zack Rocha have regular conversations about how to rape the fans for as much $$ as possible without having to create or release more music. lol

sonnyboy11
11-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Those of you that loved night #2 in LA, do you like that record most? I actually liked that night the least of all 6 Ive done so far but I have a feeling its because I dislike that record and was also back in no mans land that night.

I actually lean towards Mer de Noms as my fave APC record but like them both. Still felt night 2 and Thirteenth Step was the better performance in LA. I cannot overstate how powerful The Package was. It eclipsed all of the previous nights' performance. Sound was better, crowd was more energetic and Maynard hit some very difficult parts in his register that seemed effortless. The night before sounded a bit rusty in comparison.

MuseRadio
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
i think it in the Avalon it really matters where you sitting for the sound. I was beyond disapointed with how things sounds on the Mer de Noms night. Also, that album is by faaaaaaar my fave APC record and not only that its in top my top 20 or so albums of all time.

13th step I love also, but def less than mer de noms. but the performance and sound on that night just killed it. i asked several people and the overwhelming majority prefered night #2 over #1 here in LA.

TheRotten42
11-11-2010, 11:05 AM

Sitting up in the balcony was perfect. The sound was awesome and I could hear everyone in the mix. Having only gone to 2 nights I would have to say that Thirteenth Step was my fav, I wish I could have gone to Mer to make a comparison for that night.

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 11:24 AM
True, but their sets now are barely an hour. I know this would never happen, but it'd be pretty awesome if they did a different album each night at Coachella. APC > Radiohead mainstage is also another dream I have. Maynard > Thom = EPIC

I get what you're saying though, but if and when they do decide to do a full tour, how big of venues could they play, 5K? Would they need another fairly big support act to ensure a solid draw? They seem to be an inbetween act to me and it's hard to say what their demand truly is at this point. A small exclusive tour like this really doesn't help gauge where they'd fall in the traditional tour format.

I doubt they will ever do this format ever again. I think you need to look to the 2004 shows as a guide to how long their sets would be. 1 hr 45 min.

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 11:25 AM
i think it in the Avalon it really matters where you sitting for the sound. I was beyond disapointed with how things sounds on the Mer de Noms night. Also, that album is by faaaaaaar my fave APC record and not only that its in top my top 20 or so albums of all time.

13th step I love also, but def less than mer de noms. but the performance and sound on that night just killed it. i asked several people and the overwhelming majority prefered night #2 over #1 here in LA.

Disagree. Mer De Noms night was the best for me. But, I was in the balcony so.....

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I"m sure Maynard and Zack Rocha have regular conversations about how to rape the fans for as much $$ as possible without having to create or release more music. lol

Seriously?

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I doubt they will ever do this format ever again. I think you need to look to the 2004 shows as a guide to how long their sets would be. 1 hr 45 min.

Just like I should look to the Lateralus or Wings Tool setlists? Maynard isn't a 2hr showman anymore. 90mins tops as much as I hate to say it, the only reason Tool shows stretch longer is the awesome segues/abductions they do.

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Just like I should look to the Lateralus or Wings Tool setlists? Maynard isn't a 2hr showman anymore. 90mins tops as much as I hate to say it, the only reason Tool shows stretch longer is the awesome segues/abductions they do.

Did you just compare Tool and APC?

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 11:32 AM
In regards to Maynards shortening lenghts of performances, yes.

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 11:33 AM
^ Agreed on the issue of their draw. Something like this tour is a quick and easy win for them- small venues, loyal fan base, performing songs by album from start to finish. Whoever dreamed this up and then pushed it forward is a genius- it almost could not miss.

I am of the opinion that a larger tour with one-offs at 5k-6k seats might also work. Keep in mind they whetted appetites for APC and this round was all western dates. Something more widespread would probably succeed even without new material.

Indeed. People were traveling all over for these shows. I went to Phoenix. I have friends going from LA to Vegas. I've met people that came from Portland and Atlanta for these shows.

A full on tour, I think, would be obvious. At least for a year around North America.

obzen
11-11-2010, 11:34 AM
They wouldn't be confined to the Outoor Stage, A Perfect Cirlce would subheadline and have Them Crooked Vultures' slot.

Still, I have have my doubts about them even playing in Indio next Spring.

sin213
11-11-2010, 11:35 AM

yeah, they'll never do this format again. i agree. i was astonished that they were doing all 3 albums even. one i could've seen...but all 3? we got a huge treat, even though the sets are only an hour long.

i'd love to see APC in the Mohave or something. but i would NOT want to see them on the outdoor stage. way too much bleed over from main and do lab to enjoy that on that stage. now maybe sub headliner on the main. that would be the best option, as if they were in a tent you'd probably have to be there 2 hours early to even get in.

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 11:37 AM
In regards to Maynards shortening lenghts of performances, yes.

Well if you judge time...the most recent Tool shows are the same length as the old APC shows. Yes, APC would play more songs because they are typically shorter. So if you're saying Maynard can't sing 13-15 songs per show anymore....well....maybe you're right but maybe you're not. I say the jury is still out. APC could be different.

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 11:38 AM
that would be the best option, as if they were in a tent you'd probably have to be there 2 hours early to even get in.

QFT

TheRotten42
11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Who was wearing a green and white 3/4 sleeve shirt up in the balcony front row to the right of the soundboard Tuesday night? anyone anyone? I heard him talking about the Coachella board to the people we were sitting next to before we were moved by the film crew.

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Who was wearing a green and white 3/4 sleeve shirt up in the balcony front row to the right of the soundboard Tuesday night? anyone anyone? I heard him talking about the Coachella board to the people we were sitting next to before we were moved by the film crew.

I think that was me and Sonny.

TheRotten42
11-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Haha nice , did you know the guy why was filming on his point and shoot? we has sitting on the step right next to the was of the soundboard just behind the seats. I was the guy with the black and white padres hat right behind him.

faxman75
11-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Seriously?

lol

jaimiej
11-11-2010, 12:19 PM
This tour has made me realize more than ever before that APC fans are basically Tool fans who think APC is alright but wish "MaYNaRD wOUld Get bAcK tO tOoOoOl" and casual radio listeners who love the singles. Kind of depressing.

sin213
11-11-2010, 12:26 PM
and there is a small core group that truely enjoy APC. i'm one of those. i love the first two albums. they are wonderful. and love seeing APC, even though i know it could be delaying a tool option. and i tend to like the "singles" less than the rest of the songs on an album.

jaimiej
11-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah it just seems I have met so few people who have any desire to discuss anything other than Maynard, the members of TOOL, the next TOOL record, and/or what it would be like to meet Danny Carey.

Also I have met an odd amount of fans under the age of 23. Heard a few people talking about "GROWING UP" with 13th Step. Uhhhhh...

sin213
11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
yeah, for some people, i'd bet they found out about Tool thru APC.

and who wouldn't want to meet Danny Carey?!? :D

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
lol, sorry Jamie, it's kind of hard to avoid when he's the lead singer.

For what it's worth, I would consider myself an avid fan. It's unfair that Billy doesn't get the credit he deserves. His compositions and lyrics definitely strike a particular chord with me. I listened to Mer De Noms (on repeat) for at least a year straight when it came out. Surprisingly, I wasn't really a big Tool fan back then. Listening to this album up until the release of Lateralus is really what pushed me over the edge with Tool.

It's a unique and unavoidable situation (for me at least). I'm happy that Billy is a successful musician now and no longer just a tech. He has a ton of talent and I'm glad he's gotten a chance to showcase it.

I'm curious, what got you into A Perfect Circle? Also, is there anything in particular you'd like to discuss that isn't related to Maynard?

A similar comparison for me would be Massive Attack. Robert Del Naja is the mastermind who writes and composes all the music, and even sings some of the songs by himself. Despite that, after the shows, most people talk about the guest vocalists he has and how good they were with their respective performances. I would go as far to say, the majority of the time, he gets less attention than they do regarding live shows.

obzen
11-11-2010, 01:11 PM
This tour has made me realize more than ever before that APC fans are basically Tool fans who think APC is alright but wish "MaYNaRD wOUld Get bAcK tO tOoOoOl" and casual radio listeners who love the singles. Kind of depressing.

I can't agree with this, entirely. I think it's more the result of the undeserving shitfucks showing up en masse at these gigs, or at least the ones at which you were attending (which before any of you get your knickers in a twist, is not a knock on anyone in this thread).

paulb
11-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Magdalena! :pulse

jaimiej
11-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey I'm not saying that I expect every person there to want to talk to me about Billy nonstop. As a matter of fact I quite prefer the fact that it's not a FIGHT for me to get to the spot I want to be in. I am saying however that it would be nice to feel like we can have a conversation about the band we are actually there to see. Or even feel like people know or CARE about said band because quite frankly all I ever hear is "Yeah Im excited about this but I REALLY cant wait for new Tool!!!!11!!!" Just gets old.

I got into APC when I saw them open for NIN on the Fragility tour.

MuseRadio
11-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Well Jaimie you are in the overwhelming minority if you are an APC fan and are 1) not THAT into TOOL or 2) prefer APC over TOOL. At the end of the day >90% of APC fans really love the band but love Tool a lot more. That will never, ever change.

jaimiej
11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Tool fans made me hate Tool :)

No I get it, I've always known I was in the minority I just wish this band had more of a REAL fanbase vs. people who are "settling" by seeing APC.

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 03:01 PM
For the record, I'd probably be talking about Paz the most if she was still in the band :pulse

jaimiej
11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Well hopefully you saw her axe wound almost pop out of her shorts on Monday night when she attempted to jump into the crowd from the balcony before Renholder.

sin213
11-11-2010, 03:32 PM
For the record, I'd probably be talking about Paz the most if she was still in the band :pulse

THIS

matt is ok. he fills in nicely. but it absoulutely feels like he is "filling in". it should be paz or jeordie playin.

sonnyboy11
11-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I think that was me and Sonny.

Yup that was me. Had my green/white Isle of Man TT shirt on.

Well hopefully you saw her axe wound almost pop out of her shorts on Monday night when she attempted to jump into the crowd from the balcony before Renholder.

I always miss the good stuff... :(

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2010, 04:00 PM

This is an amazing visual.

Sadly, only Phoenix for me.

obzen
11-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Hahaha, her axe wound. I love it.

TallGuyCM
11-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I prefer hatchet wound, myself.

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 08:15 PM
A similar comparison for me would be Massive Attack. Robert Del Naja is the mastermind who writes and composes all the music, and even sings some of the songs by himself. Despite that, after the shows, most people talk about the guest vocalists he has and how good they were with their respective performances. I would go as far to say, the majority of the time, he gets less attention than they do regarding live shows.

Robert Dyl Naja?

Wheres the beef?
11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
lol, sorry Jamie, it's kind of hard to avoid when he's the lead singer.

For what it's worth, I would consider myself an avid fan. It's unfair that Billy doesn't get the credit he deserves. His compositions and lyrics definitely strike a particular chord with me. I listened to Mer De Noms (on repeat) for at least a year straight when it came out. Surprisingly, I wasn't really a big Tool fan back then. Listening to this album up until the release of Lateralus is really what pushed me over the edge with Tool.

It's a unique and unavoidable situation (for me at least). I'm happy that Billy is a successful musician now and no longer just a tech. He has a ton of talent and I'm glad he's gotten a chance to showcase it.

I'm curious, what got you into A Perfect Circle? Also, is there anything in particular you'd like to discuss that isn't related to Maynard?

I listened to Mer de Noms before really getting into Tool and I rejected it. It wasnt until a year or so later that I really discovered Tool. Lateralus was the same for me. Just hooked me. APC came later. 13th Step was like Lateralus for me.

Billy was the highlight for me night in and night out of the shows I saw on this tour. Especially eMotive night in Phoenix. You can really see how much energy he puts in to the show and I feed off that. Maynard, while still more vocal and less of a dick than he is at a Tool show, still didn't bring it like he used to. I think that is the way he is now and that is okay. More room for Billy and even Matt to really shine through.
Not only is Billy an incredibly talented songwriter and musician but he has a fantastic voice as well. I welcome more eMotive songs to whatever set they tour next go around. Maynard can sing his songs and Billy can sing others and the show can go over that 90 minute mark.

sin213
11-12-2010, 06:57 AM
it's amazing just how flat and off mjk was at the marquee shows...until you hear it on the recording. especially brena. wow. just stop singing. i knew he sounded off, but wow.

thebattleofphoenix
11-12-2010, 09:05 AM
it's amazing just how flat and off mjk was at the marquee shows...until you hear it on the recording. especially brena. wow. just stop singing. i knew he sounded off, but wow.

To me he looked like he didn't even want to sing it at all. Acting all fidgity like a kid who doesn't want to eat their vegetables.

GeezrRckr
11-12-2010, 09:13 AM
shit, so are these shows even worth going to then? maynard's "fuck all of you" act is so bloody tired already.

obzen
11-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I love it...

thebattleofphoenix
11-12-2010, 09:28 AM
shit, so are these shows even worth going to then? maynard's "fuck all of you" act is so bloody tired already.it was just during brena

GeezrRckr
11-12-2010, 10:00 AM
okay, thanks. just called in a chit and scored tix to the 13th Step show at the Fillmore...yes!

Jared, what night are you guys going? hope it's that one.

wmgaretjax
11-12-2010, 10:18 AM
yup! see you there!

jaimiej
11-12-2010, 10:32 AM
EDIT: Tickets no longer needed! :)

SEE YA THERE!

Mr. Dylanja
11-12-2010, 10:41 AM
^ and you call yourself a fan :nono

GeezrRckr
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
btw, there are below face tix for the eMotive night at the Fillmore on stubhub.*

*i do not represent stubhub...just looking out.

Wheres the beef?
11-12-2010, 11:16 AM
btw, there are below face tix for the eMotive night at the Fillmore on stubhub.*

*i do not represent stubhub...just looking out.

coren
11-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Just puttin the word out - I actually don't have tickets for tonight or tomorrow or the 13th step night at the Fillmore so if anyone hears of any extras keep me in mind plz thanks :pulse

I'm in Seattle now and I have cash but not lookin to spend anymore than $60.

I'm in the same boat, the etickets I bought are apparently fakes :rolleyes :mad

So I'm headed down to the venue shortly to see if they'll release more tickets at the time of show or something. Huzzah.

TheRotten42
11-12-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm in the same boat, the etickets I bought are apparently fakes :rolleyes :mad

So I'm headed down to the venue shortly to see if they'll release more tickets at the time of show or something. Huzzah.

There have been a shit load of fake tickets coming out lately, I saw people posting on the LA craiglist from Atlanta 15 min's before the show on the 8th at the Avalon for Mer De Noms saying "paypal me and I'll email you a ticket" and a bunch of scalpers saying they had 4+ tickets avaliable. Shit is retarded, I even got ripped off by a scalper when I bought tickets in person off one at Universal City Walk for the Alice in Chains/Deftones/Mastadon show a few weeks ago, apparently the guy refunded the tickets through ticketmaster and kept the dead tickets and was selling them off. I was pissed and am now very sketchy of trying to buy tickets off people I don't know.

TheRotten42
11-12-2010, 12:53 PM

APC was actually the band that got me in to Tool. Both are fantastic bands in their own rights.

coren
11-12-2010, 02:30 PM
There have been a shit load of fake tickets coming out lately, I saw people posting on the LA craiglist from Atlanta 15 min's before the show on the 8th at the Avalon for Mer De Noms saying "paypal me and I'll email you a ticket" and a bunch of scalpers saying they had 4+ tickets avaliable. Shit is retarded, I even got ripped off by a scalper when I bought tickets in person off one at Universal City Walk for the Alice in Chains/Deftones/Mastadon show a few weeks ago, apparently the guy refunded the tickets through ticketmaster and kept the dead tickets and was selling them off. I was pissed and am now very sketchy of trying to buy tickets off people I don't know.

Yeah, it's a real shit parade. The guy who got me apparently got a half dozen people so at least he'll be getting his. The security at the venue is comical though - I tell the guard who tells me that this guy probably sold these ten times already that I'll file a police report on the scalper if they don't work "scalping is legal in Washington bro". Apparently he doesn't understand fake/fradulent tickets very well.

Got one for Mer tonight though - at 60 no less. Take heart Jamie, there's still a few out there, and the way prices are dropping you might be ok after all.

jaimiej
11-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Yesss I'm good for tonight - see you there!

Just curious, how did you figure out the ticket was fake? Did you ask them to scan it?

JustSteve
11-12-2010, 03:21 PM

if you buy tickets off a scalper at the actual venue you always make them walk up to the gate with you. if they refuse you tell 'em to fuck off.

if you do end up buying tickets from the secondary market always try to use stubhub since everything is guaranteed. you may pay a bit more, but totally worth it for piece of mind.

MuseRadio
11-12-2010, 03:33 PM
or sellers from ebay with very high feedback ratings.

coren
11-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Yesss I'm good for tonight - see you there!

Just curious, how did you figure out the ticket was fake? Did you ask them to scan it?

I bought a pair for both friday and saturday...they were the same "seats" each night, the same apparent order number, things just looked a little fishy...then some other guy posted on CL that there's an eticket scam going on and he had the guy's name and number too, and there's been a few of us hit. He hasn't responded to any emails calls or texts since the transaction, but he responded to a wanted ad of mine trying to pull the same thing, then freaking out when I tried to get any info at all about what he was selling. The best part is I put up my spares on stubhub and they sold before I realized they were fakes. I think I'm gonna have to file a police report and shit, nevermind all the money I'll be out.

Whatever, 4 hours to go. If anyone has a line on a cheap saturday let me know :)

TallGuyCM
11-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I haven't read this thread much, but on the slight chance it hasn't been mentioned, APC is on Carson Daly's show tonight, with a Maynard interview ahead of time.

Wheres the beef?
11-12-2010, 05:29 PM
I haven't read this thread much, but on the slight chance it hasn't been mentioned, APC is on Carson Daly's show tonight, with a Maynard interview ahead of time.

I believe this is the first we are hearing of it. Thanks for the update, Chris!

TallGuyCM
11-12-2010, 05:45 PM
No prob. :thu

heart cooks brain
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Carsom Daly + Maynard = awkward

jaimiej
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Is it one of you guys walking around with the "I was scammed" sign? :(

I'm in line, tall blonde in a big black jacket and brown boots

sonnyboy11
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Just hooked it up on DVR. Why Carson Daly though? Oh, nm. Not sure I even want to hear speculation.

heart cooks brain
11-12-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure I want to hear the interview

"So, uh, how do you like L.A.?"

TallGuyCM
11-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Is it one of you guys walking around with the "I was scammed" sign? :(

I'm in line, tall blonde in a big black jacket and brown boots

So that's you in your avatar? I don't buy it.

jaimiej
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Of course its me! I met a few people from here who can vouch. If anyone sees me at the shows plz come say hi!

TallGuyCM
11-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Impossible. Hot chicks don't like Tool or APC, unless they're at a show accompanied by their douchebag boyfriends.

Wheres the beef?
11-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Impossible. Hot chicks don't like Tool or APC, unless they're at a show accompanied by their douchebag boyfriends.

I haven't met Jamies boyfriend but he is lucky.

Mr. Dylanja
11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I met Jamie in Phoenix, that's not her.

MuseRadio
11-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Yah Carson Daly's video people were at night #2 of the Avalon show so I figured it would be airing soon.