PDA

View Full Version : Pan's Labyrinth

mozabilly54
01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Has anyone else seen this movie? Isn't it amazing?

josephv909
01-22-2007, 03:24 PM
yea, i thought it was a great movie.

PotVsKtl
01-22-2007, 03:28 PM
The little girl choosing to eat the grapes for no reason made me basically hate this film. It was a blatant plot motivator with no reasoning behind it.

amyzzz
01-22-2007, 03:29 PM
She's a kid. If you had a kid, you'd know that temptation is incredibly difficult for children to ignore.

chairmenmeow47
01-22-2007, 03:30 PM
The little girl choosing to eat the grapes for no reason made me basically hate this film. It was a blatant plot motivator with no reasoning behind it.

that was the only thing i was annoyed with, there didn't appear to be much motivation for her to do that. grapes!?!? dude, if it was a pizzookie from oregono's or something i could understand, but grapes?!?!

josephv909
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
well i think it had something to do with the fact that there was a grape shortage due to the war so she hadn't had grapes in a long time.

PotVsKtl
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
She's a kid living in an opulent household with no shortage of food and treats, in a room with a hideous monster and wall murals depicting that monster impaling and eating children, mere moments after being emphatically warned multiple times that eating anything would most likely result in injury or death. It's stupid.

amyzzz
01-22-2007, 03:33 PM
I thought it was dumb too, but kids are like that sometimes.

sddoctor
01-22-2007, 03:35 PM
wasn't the little girl denied dinner that night by her mother?...the move to eat the grapes was dumbfounding, but the movie was still spectacular.

amyzzz
01-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I also thought it was an allusion to Greek mythology--Persephone had to stay in hell because she ate some persimmon <?>) seeds, and that place sure as heck looked like the underworld to me.

€uroMeinke
01-22-2007, 03:42 PM
She also didn't open the door the fairy told her too - part of her journey was figuring out when to follow instructions and when to follow your heart. Sometimes kids don't do as they are told, and maybe that's a good thing...

PotVsKtl
01-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I thought it was dumb too, but kids are like that sometimes.

Like what? Suicidal? It's a fucking monster. There. In the room. A monster whose actions she does not even need to imagine as they are played out across all four walls of her surroundings. Her thought process, we are led to believe, is essentially "Well, I'm not in any actual need of food, and I will probably be impaled and eaten by a monster, in fact, have been explicitly told that will be the outcome of my actions, but I think I'll just have a couple grapes." I don't know any kids that stupid. I guess they might exist.

chairmenmeow47
01-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I also thought it was an allusion to Greek mythology--Persephone had to stay in hell because she ate some persimmon <?>) seeds, and that place sure as heck looked like the underworld to me.

i thought of the whole "eve and forbidden fruit" thing.

fucking women, our hunger ruins it for everyone :rotfl

Yablonowitz
01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Grapes can be very satisfying. I'm not sure you're aware of the seductive power they hold.

I haven't seen this movie.

James
01-22-2007, 03:57 PM
great movie, I saw it last night. So what, she ate the grapes. Big deal. If she hadn't, the monster never would have got off his ass and that scene would have been boring.

mozabilly54
01-22-2007, 04:04 PM
great movie, I saw it last night. So what, she ate the grapes. Big deal. If she hadn't, the monster never would have got off his ass and that scene would have been boring.

I agree. That monster was scary too. His wrinkles grossed me out though.

PotVsKtl
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM

That's my point. If you're OK with characters having no identifiable set of motivations just so a movie can move along and have cool scenes, that's your business. Knowing that it's stupid and you are wrong is my business. Stay out of my business.

James
01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
That's my point. If you're OK with characters having no identifiable set of motivations just so a movie can move along and have cool scenes, that's your business. Knowing that it's stupid and you are wrong is my business. Stay out of my business.
You're overanalyzing a fairy tale.

PotVsKtl
01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
It was stupid the second I saw it. No analysis required.

pdhow
01-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Jumping into this post....sorry. I think she was motivated by her hunger. She was denied dinner by her mother. Which the director made that scene as a result of the previous one, thus movie his story along just fine in my opinion. However how come she put in the key in a different hole then the one shown her by the fairy is perplexing to me and was without its own consequence. Every other wrong decision had a consequence, why didn't this one. Overall good movie, i was hoping for fairytale personally.

RockStr4Life
01-22-2007, 06:57 PM
The movie was amazing...so visually stunning.

TomAz
01-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I like grapes, myself.

The Nichole
01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
the best part was when mercedes (i think that was her name) stabs that guy. i was like yelling in the theater for her to do her worst!

schoolofruckus
01-22-2007, 07:53 PM
They weren't even seedless grapes. This movie upset me and I had a hard time handling it. I can't say I "didn't like" it - but I don't think I'll be watching it again.

FYI -

This is Jennie, not Gabe. Whoops. Gabe can handle his movies coming off the screen and stabbing him in the heart. I have trouble with movies where horses fall down. There's a distinction.

suprefan
01-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah just saw it and found the good bootleg copy of it, sucha good movie and the end just gets ya.

KungFuJoe
01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm not going to waste time with all the details here, but there are a lot of biblical refrences in this film that most people apparently didn't pick up on. Myself included, until further analizing it after a second viewing with my friend.

corbo
01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
my fav movie of 06

schoolofruckus
01-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah just saw it and found the good bootleg copy of it, sucha good movie and the end just gets ya.

Dude, are you homeless? You scalp every ticket you get your hands on, you watch bootlegs of movies...do you pawn your mother's furniture and jewelry as well? Seriously, you behave like a bum; it's okay if you are one, but it's despicable if you're not.

Alchemy
01-23-2007, 09:13 AM
This movie was amazing.

doobie420
01-23-2007, 10:58 AM
this was the first movie in a LONG time that actually gave me chills while watching it. the guy getting the broken bottle in the eyes and mouth, the stutterer getting the hammer across the face, general vidal getting his mouth slit open on side and getting a knife to the top of his mouth...all pretty brutal and well done, it definitely showed the brutality of the time. terrific movie, and guillermo del toro kicks ass.

PotVsKtl
01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
So says doobie420.

mozabilly54
01-23-2007, 11:46 AM
this was the first movie in a LONG time that actually gave me chills while watching it. the guy getting the broken bottle in the eyes and mouth, the stutterer getting the hammer across the face, general vidal getting his mouth slit open on side and getting a knife to the top of his mouth...all pretty brutal and well done, it definitely showed the brutality of the time. terrific movie, and guillermo del toro kicks ass.

That part with Mercedes and the knife grossed me out big time. And then the Captain stitched himself up, that was way gross.

lust-e
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Saw it last week...surprisingly powerful and touching. The allegorical aspects of the labyrinth and the real world are poignant and really another extension of the theme War is Hell. The filmmaker seems to be asking the question...How can we hold on to our innocence when the world around us comes tumbling down? Maybe we can turn it into a fairy tale or maybe it really is a fairy tale and then he let's the viewer decide. Reminded me of Life is Beautiful and the book Life of Pi in that way. Regardless, go see it. You won't regret it, its a beautifully constructed film.

Jenniehoo
01-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Lust-e that actually added a lot to the movie for me.

PotVsKtl
01-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Saw this a few months ago... orgasmically soothing and rippling. The quantum touchability and satin-silky reacharound teared me up like a shattered coconut in a nest of vipers. The cinemagogue seems to be pondering the ponderousness of the age-old riddle...How can I get this fucking porpoise to hold still while I violate its gratifyingly mammalian nether regions? Brought to mind the Golden Girls and the dioramically rash-less novella Are You There God? It's Me, A Spider. In any instance, make haste to the magic lantern tent for a gander. It collects man-spunk in a slop-bucket.

lust-e
01-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Saw this a few months ago... orgasmically soothing and rippling. The quantum touchability and satin-silky reacharound teared me up like a shattered coconut in a nest of vipers. The cinemagogue seems to be pondering the ponderousness of the age-old riddle...How can I get this fucking porpoise to hold still while I violate its gratifyingly mammalian nether regions? Brought to mind the Golden Girls and the dioramically rash-less novella Are You There God? It's Me, A Spider. In any instance, make haste to the magic lantern tent for a gander. It collects man-spunk in a slop-bucket.

how old are you? get a life, child.

adamnikyo
01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
haha. it's funny this happens every year.
and people always react the same. the internet is constant.

ragingdave
01-23-2007, 03:24 PM
What are you guys talking about?

mrpibb79
01-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Any movie even hinting at the possibility of eating babies is a winner.

jaqomatic
01-23-2007, 09:52 PM
i loved this movie. it reminded me of edward scissorhands in a way. sort of like a modern fairytale

ghettojournalist
01-24-2007, 11:16 AM
i thought of it as a lost grimm fairytale.
love it and will buy it immediately upon dvd release.

CuervoPH
01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I found a theater near me that is showing both this and "The Last King Of Scotland". (The stupid Regal Entertainment Group run theater nearest to me doesn't have either of them). I think I'm going to go on Sunday and catch both of them.

mozabilly54
01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
I want to see the last king of scotland. Tell me how it is!

dorkfish
01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
you're a pan flute lost in a maze

chairmenmeow47
01-25-2007, 09:05 AM
i thought of it as a lost grimm fairytale.
love it and will buy it immediately upon dvd release.

interesting way to put it. my uncle gave me a book of grimm's fairytales as a kid. that shit kept me up terrified under the covers for many a night!

jackstraw94086
02-11-2007, 02:22 AM
This movie is severely disappointing. The new york times called it a faery tale disguised as a political allegory or vice versa. Faery tale perhaps, but there was no fucking significant allegory in it. Horseshit. An allegory is a figurative or abstract idea or message conveyed in either a unconventional or otherwise unfamiliar way. There was no message or idea. Someone in this thread menioned "war is hell". ya whatever. I would have thought more of this film had people not started with the bullshit about allegory. If anything the message of the film was the one her mother gave her when she burned the madrake root.

As far as the grapes go, Pot's right. It's just bad storytelling. Yablo thinks the director wanted her to behave irrationally. more horseshit. It wasn't just a lazy plot device. They could have gotten the monster to chase after her and pan to be pissed at her for some other reason, but they really wanted it to be this forbidden feast thing. If there was a reason to eat the food then it's the failure of the little girl to sell it. She made some slightly irritated faces while swatting away the cgi faeries, but she didn't look at all famished or confused. I rewound this a couple times to make sure I didn't miss something. I was thinking she must have been starving because she was sent to bed without dinner for soiling her dress, but at least a full day had passed since then (a full set of day scenes between then). And there was no reason for her to disobey the faery's advice about choosing the other locker. Nothing before that point had set it up, and nothing came of it later. More bad storytelling. Even the drawing of the future she saw in the book showed her opening the middle locker.

I was almost irritated by her leaving the chalk on the captains desk for no reason at all as well, but it didn't have a significant effect other than a cheap way to heighten tension so I dropped it.

My biggest problem was the ending. "you decided to spill your own blood instead of that of the innocent. That was the final task." Are you fucking kidding? Was something lost in the translation there? Is that all they could come up with? I tried to relate that to the other characters in the real world portions of the film. Was it about noble sacrafice? If so, that lesson was more meaningfully taught by Mr. Spock in Star Trek II. Nope, if it was meant to be related to the rest of the film it was far too subtle for it's own good. Also, why is her own blood not innocent enough? Was she out killing kittens in the scenes she wasn't in?

They didn't really develop what the big deal was about the baby brother was either even though they dropped hints about it. Near the beginning the the girl sees the carving on the obelisk and Pan tells her it's him and her, she asked about the child and he cuts her off.

In the end the film's just about a schizophenic kid with an asshole stepfather, just told with some amusing visuals.

Yablonowitz
02-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I rewound this a couple times to make sure I didn't miss something.

You fucking thief.

airguitarvet
02-11-2007, 09:12 AM
bootleg copy again. ha ha ha.

i loved it.

schoolofruckus
02-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Jack, as you said, I think that your expectations may have been a little too high and far-reaching (as far as the political value goes) going in. I never got that the film was supposed to be a political allegory; I didn't really expect anything more of it than a faery tale. I thought the war material strengthened the faery tale for contrast purposes, and yes, it's clear that Guillermo del Toro sides with the rebels rather than the fascists, but I didn't gather that there as any more to it than that.

The plot holes you mentioned didn't bother me. I felt like the stealing of the grapes made at least some sense, as did her decision to use the other locker. Sure, she had taken orders from the faery throught much of the movie, but I thought she was established enough as an intransigent personality that it was justified. As this is just a faery tale, I was fine with suspending my disbelief on these points. And I don't think Ofelia's blood could qualify as innocent after she stole the grapes.

I agree with your final summation, although I think it's a little dismissive.

aLexandRita
02-11-2007, 10:01 AM
All the tension while the guy was sewing his mouth together... I couldn't stop laughing hysterically... That was the best scene.
I particularly liked the monster, very scary.
The eating of the grapes was a cheap way of putting some action in the movie.

aLexandRita
02-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I didn't trust Pan, the fawn, throught the entire movie and I thought he was bad because of what the nanny said about her grandmother telling her that fawns are bad. I thought it was good foreshadowing, but it ended up being nothing.

summerkid
02-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not going to waste time with all the details here, but there are a lot of biblical refrences in this film that most people apparently didn't pick up on. Myself included, until further analizing it after a second viewing with my friend.

I loved this movie, but yeah there were a ton of biblical references. Fruit tempting a girl. The Paleman representing the Church etc etc etc.

Barbara, the ninja
02-11-2007, 10:43 AM
The green dress reminded me of a green Alice in Wonderland dress.

I thought that since she chose the correct locker thing instead of what Pan told her, she assumed that the thing he said about not eating anything was wrong too. And that's why she went after those grapes. But I think if fairies are literally prying a grape off your finger and pleading with you not to eat those grapes, I'd listen. Or at least turn around to check on the monster.

The cheek stitching made me squirm and gave me goosebumps. GROSS! DAMN! Everybody was freaking out in the audience when he was stitching himself up. I felt my own cheek burn when he drank that alcohol ><

This movie was awesomely more interesting than a lot of shit that's coming out today. Even with the potholes.

All That I Am
02-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Ok, I'm big time into mythology and its relation to real world situations.
There is a repeating scene in mythologies across the world of a monster that devours children,(ours is hansel and grettel). The monster is a symbol of a parent who up to a certaint point had controlled the child's life, and the escape from the monster is a symbol of the child comming to its own independent thinking.

I loved this movie, it was beautiful and hideous all at once and the direction was masterful. I loved the sense of depth in almost every shot. There was always something moving in the foreground or an insect or faerie flying from foreground to background.

All That I Am
02-11-2007, 10:47 AM
The green dress reminded me of a green Alice in Wonderland dress.
Yes it was! And if you also paid attention she was wearing ruby slippers in the final scene of the movie.

ahab117
02-11-2007, 10:51 AM
**SPOILERS**

the movie made me depressed, and I was pretty confused at the end, I thought she was just imagining things the whole time cuz at the end that fascist pig couldnt see the fawn adn the girl was just talking to herself, I thought it was like a fight club thing. When she dies I didnt really think she went to that 'magical kingdom' or whatever, but all my friends think im just a crackhead lol

It was a good movie though, screwed up, but good

Mabdul Doobakus
02-11-2007, 11:12 AM
I wrote this somewheres else about the grape scene:

It's a fantasy. I don't think applying logic makes much sense here. For one, you could just assume the food had some kind of magic to it that put her in a kind of trance. She certainly looked/acted like she was in a trance. But, more importantly, if you think, as I do, that this is all going on in her head, then you understand that scene as a product of her imagination. And I don't think her imagination would be really doing its job if it just let her walk on out of there with no payoff after all that setup.

I don't think having her eat the grapes was "lazy", and I think it makes as much logical sense as it needs to.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I think the whole Grapes/ key in the wrong door thing have to do with her obeying or rather disobeying what she was told to do. Which I think was inevitably the point of all the tasks. Task one, crawl into this gross muddy tree and get dirty despite the fact that you know you are not supposed to get dirty before the big dinner that night. Task two choose the left door despite what the fairies told her and eat the grapes despite the threat of death just because they look so good. And the third task, refusing to let the faun spill the blood of your brother even though it meant possibly losing your place in the kingdom and resulted in her death. The Faun even makes a speech about how she's supposed to obey, but then we find out she's rewarded for not obeying, and that's the whole point. Not obeying whoever is giving you the orders may result in harder journey but at the end the reward is sweeter, and this I can see as a metaphor for the longsuffering, but at the end of the movie triumpant cause of the rebels. Also any inconsistancies in the make believe part of the plot can be put down to that of a child's imagination. We can't look at it and think that doesn't make sense cause it's not going to when seen from our perspective, but if you suspend reality for a moment and try to look at it for what it is the escapism fantasy of a little girl who reads too many fairy stories then it seems perfectly authentic to me. Anyway, I loved the film and became totally engrossed in it, thinking about going to see it again as I am sure there are some or the subtler points I missed the first time through.

jackstraw94086
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Trying to tie the little girl's choices with the the Doctor disobeying the captain or even the rebels disobeying Franco is ludicrous. That analogy would require Pan to be an evil figure. He wasn't. There was no motivation. Without motivation there is hardly any plot. The film is ultimately uninteresting.

dedzilla
02-11-2007, 03:17 PM
I <3 this movie. But I am a sucker for a pretty fairy tale with an unhappy ending. Although, one could argue the ending wasn't so unhappy (my friend and I argued about that for about 20 minutes after the show).

jackstraw94086
02-11-2007, 04:11 PM
when I saw it I certainly was happy that it ended.

All That I Am
02-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Regarding the first task: removing the frog who has made it's home in the roots of the tree.

Once again the cave or tunnel is another symbol that appears throughout all mythologies. The cave is a place where the hero enters and sees a vision. The result is that the hero emerges from the cave reborn. The cave it self is a vaginal symbol, look closely at the tree in pan's labyrinth and see the way the branches curl over like ovaries. The frog represents her stepfather, large strong and intimidating. Her quest is to feed the frog the three crystals, and remove it from the roots of the tree where it has made its home. It is no coincidence that the number of crystals she is given to poison the toad directly relates to the number of drops of sedative she is told to give her mother, as the sedative/crystals are fed to the father/frog by mixing them with a favorite drink/meal of theirs.

Barbara, the ninja
02-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Wow, I didn't even connect the 3 drops/3 stones thing. You're sexy when you're deep like this, ATIA :)

I see the point of the whole disobeying thing though, MusicIsMyBoyfriend. Even from the beginning, she disobeyed her parents, ran away from her keepers, and went to our world. What a rebel. HEY! There were real rebels, disobeying the captain guy. Or maybe I'm just overanalyzing.

Encaitare
02-12-2007, 01:28 AM
I absolutely loved this movie. Everything about it captured my imagination, and I was glad that it wasn't just a fairy tale, that it had some basis in reality, because it made it seem to me like it could have really happened. At least I could justify it to myself.

Just a note of trivia for all of you: I live in Orcutt/Santa Maria, where the special effects for this movie were made, (in Cafe FX). This movie was a big deal for this company based here in Santa Maria, because this town really has nothing going for it besides strawberries and , well, that's about it. Santa Maria, however, is not a very cultured town. We have one movie theater, a Regal Entertainment group, that only shows the latest blockbusters and cheesy teen thrillers, and even though this movie was produced in town, and the models for the faries' CGI were local college students, the movie just hit the local theatre last weekend. (It was released in the US Dec 06). It probably wouldn't have come here at all if it wasn't for the constant support it received from the independent newspapers, or that both made the movie their cover story 2 weeks in a row. Needless to say, I drove the hour drive to see it opening night in the art house theatre in San Luis Obispo where it has been playing for a month already.

jackstraw94086
02-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I absolutely loved this movie. Everything about it captured my imagination, and I was glad that it wasn't just a fairy tale, that it had some basis in reality, because it made it seem to me like it could have really happened. At least I could justify it to myself.

Just a note of trivia for all of you: I live in Orcutt/Santa Maria, where the special effects for this movie were made, (in Cafe FX). This movie was a big deal for this company based here in Santa Maria, because this town really has nothing going for it besides strawberries and , well, that's about it. Santa Maria, however, is not a very cultured town. We have one movie theater, a Regal Entertainment group, that only shows the latest blockbusters and cheesy teen thrillers, and even though this movie was produced in town, and the models for the faries' CGI were local college students, the movie just hit the local theatre last weekend. (It was released in the US Dec 06). It probably wouldn't have come here at all if it wasn't for the constant support it received from the independent newspapers, or that both made the movie their cover story 2 weeks in a row. Needless to say, I drove the hour drive to see it opening night in the art house theatre in San Luis Obispo where it has been playing for a month already.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/stitchmaw.jpg

jackstraw94086
02-13-2007, 01:34 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/pan1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/pan2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/pan3.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/pan4.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/pan5.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/pan6.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/pan7.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/pan8.jpg

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Wow someone has too much time on their hands.

schoolofruckus
02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Fuck that, that was genius. I almost agree with Jack's take on the movie now.

jackstraw94086
02-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow someone has too much time on their hands.

Wow someone's computer illiterate.
It's called CTRL+printscrn and MS paint. It took less than 5 minutes while wating for a download..

Put a lid on your snark

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Did I say I was?! No. I've only just figured out this whole internets thing.

Get off your high horse Mr.

I am only kidding of course, as was I before.

jackstraw94086
02-13-2007, 10:09 PM
You leave my horse out of this.

Yablonowitz
02-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Jack - I had just about given up on this board today until I saw that. You reminded me about everything that was righteous about the old school.

bmack86
02-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I really want to see Pan's Labyrinth. I was at a theatre where they were going to do a test screening, but the film reel broke when they unpacked it, so I missed out. Still bums me out.

malcatrazz
02-13-2007, 10:30 PM
there's entirely too much said of this alright movie. a good solid seven and a half is what it deserves. yes it was imaginative. yes it had some clunky parts. it's a decent film and let's leave it at that.

by the way i liked her haer, and the part when she walked down the staers.

anyway, let's give some props to all these mexicans. they've put out a prett good crop of films. out of 'em all though, the one with the best effort was Alfonso Cuarón. Children of Men was pretty damn good. i almost didn't kick a kid on my way out of the theatre; that's how good that movie was.

jimmycrackcorn
02-25-2007, 10:07 AM

eve and the apple
pandora and her box
always some chick
j/k

jimmycrackcorn
02-25-2007, 10:20 AM
i liked the movie...
thought the scene where that soldier beats that dude to death with the butt of his gun was too much for a otherwise suitable for children movie...
if you liked this movie like i did try "adventures of baron munchausen" or "city of lost children" or "spirited away" all fairy tale movies with main character as a girl (perfect for families w/daughters) visual enough to keep the kids entertained and cerebral enough for the adults...

CT385
02-28-2007, 12:23 AM
I was just thinking about the scene where the faun give Ofelia the chalk for her to escape her locked room and get her baby brother. How does she escape the room if it was all a fantasy?

jackstraw94086
02-28-2007, 12:38 AM
She's schizophrenic. The room wasn't locked.