PDA

View Full Version : Neighborhoods surrounding downtown LA?

fortydollarsworthofmeat
03-02-2007, 04:49 PM
A friend of mine is taking an internship in downtown LA this summer, and she's looking for a place to live. I think she'll be out there from about May to August, give or take a couple weeks.

I'm not too familiar with the areas around downtown, but maybe you guys could suggest some places to look that would be close and good areas to live.

vinylmartyr
03-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Echo Park, Silverlake, and Hollywood, are cool. North Hollywood is cool too and you can take the subway downtown from there.

RATMan
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Watts, Compton and Long Beach are nice neighborhoods, too.

tessalasset
03-02-2007, 05:48 PM
arcadia

gaypalmsprings
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Inglewood, Pico Rivera, East LA

fatbastard
03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
A friend of mine is taking an internship in downtown LA this summer, and she's looking for a place to live. I think she'll be out there from about May to August, give or take a couple weeks.

I'm not too familiar with the areas around downtown, but maybe you guys could suggest some places to look that would be close and good areas to live.

Downtown
I would recommend finding a map and marking a parameter from Figueroa to Jefferson, from Jefferson to Vermont,from Vermont to Venice.

This area is 1 mile from Staples center and just outside the USC campus. It's 2.5 miles from downtown LA. There are some rough blocks but you will find a few gems to rent within this area.

Pasadena
I would recommend finding a map and marking a parameter from S Pasadena Ave to Colorado, from Colorado to Sierra Madre Blvd, from Sierra Madre Blvd to E California St. This area is a few miles from the 110 fwy entrance. Pasadena City College and Cal Tech are within these neighborhoods.

Venice/Marina Del Rey/Culver City
Most people who come from the midwest on right always want to rent by the beach. They have this baywatch image in their head for some reason. If your friend decides to live close to the beach, she will spend an asinine amount of time in a car...waiting. Waiting to get home, waiting for a signal, waiting for traffic to move from one lane to the next because of an accident. He/She can go to the beach on the weekends.

My input.

fortydollarsworthofmeat
03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Echo Park, Silverlake, and Hollywood, are cool. North Hollywood is cool too and you can take the subway downtown from there.

cool. thanks.

arcadia

is that a joke? i lived there, and my brother still does.

tessalasset
03-02-2007, 06:32 PM
yes :)

fortydollarsworthofmeat
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
ew she's not coming from the midwest.