PDA

View Full Version : Smokeout Festival 2010

BigBryan
08-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Just read this on GU's myspace

Anyone in the mood to SMOKEOUT with Cypress Hill and Guerilla Union?? Mark your calendars, tell your friends and fire up those joints. The Cypress Hill SmokeOut is coming OCTOBER 16, 2010 @ NOS EVENTS CENTER, San Bernardino, CA!! Tell us who you want to see light up the stage this year RIGHT HERE...

So 10/16/10 at NOS Events Center. Only one day this year and looks like Cypress Hill will perform and/or possibly headline. I went last year and had fun. We'll see what is announced for 2010

seandigi
08-02-2010, 11:51 PM
I really don't think Cypress Hill can headline a big even anymore. Did they headline last year, if so was it a big crowd? I saw them play a 400 person venue in Scottsdale in April.

shoegazer76
08-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm gonna smoke a massive bowl of herbal incense when they hit the stage.

seandigi
08-03-2010, 12:00 AM
No doubt that they are the group to blaze too. I just think they'll be on the lower tiers at their own show. We'll see...

Sushov23
08-03-2010, 12:20 AM
No doubt that they are the group to blaze too. I just think they'll be on the lower tiers at their own show. We'll see...

you underestimate their draw here in southern cali. It's massive, and yes massive enough for them to headline this event.

SoulDischarge
08-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Jeez, I wonder if they could score the Kottonmouth Kings? That'd be a major draw I bet.

stinkbutt
08-03-2010, 12:29 AM
They actually got Goodie Mob and Geto Boys reunions last year., which if you ask me are fuckin HUGE

Sushov23
08-03-2010, 12:31 AM
They actually got Goodie Mob and Geto Boys reunions last year., which if you ask me are fuckin HUGE

yeah, I still regret not going for them two. I still haven't seen either.

WhyTheLongFace
08-03-2010, 12:00 PM
lol @ wondering if Cypress can headline THEIR event.

And I might go back again. I was upset that Scarface didnt come with the Geto Boyz and the crowd didnt show love to Goodie Mob (even though the set was like 40 mins) Tech N9Ne was a cool performance and I missed Heiro :(. Cypress was cool but I left after 3 songs.

BigBryan
08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
yea the Scarface/Geto Boys seemed like a major fail. Goodie Mob was great though I thought. I actually think it was the Geto Boys/Goodie Mob reunion combo that really sold us on buying tickets. Cypress Hill did headline the first night performing Black Sunday, which all my crew that went thought was dope. They sub-sub-headlined (is that ok to use?) the Saturday night under the Deftones and Slipknot.

This says its only one day this year though so we'll see what happens.

BigBryan
08-09-2010, 08:55 AM
And the Cypress Hill SmokeOut 2010 line-up is...... INCUBUS, MANU CHAO, DEADMAU5 "unhooked", MGMT, SLIGHTLY STOOPID, NAS & DAMIAN 'JR GONG' MARLEY, ATMOSPHERE, LIVING COLOUR, LIVING LEGENDS, IRATION and AGAINST THE GIRL. Plus, CYPRESS HILL PERFORMS SELF-TITLED ALBUM IN ITS ENTIRETY! Another line-up announcement coming... this week.

As per their facebook page. This is pretty dope! Could care less about MGMT, but just about everyone else I dig.

shakermaker113
08-09-2010, 08:57 AM
deadmau5 acoustic set?

Gribbz
08-09-2010, 10:02 AM
This is the first time I've heard the name "Manu Chao" since Coachella 2007.

What the fuck happened to them?

zimmy1222
08-09-2010, 10:42 AM
unhooked... what a douche.

WhyTheLongFace
08-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Who the hell is Manu Chao?
And What is unhooked?
Incubus, Nas & Damian Marley, & Atmosphere may be neough for me to go if tickets are only $25 like last year

getbetter
08-09-2010, 12:45 PM
damn how the hell did they actually get decent acts this year.And if it's $25 i'm there

LIVING COLOUR gheez

Phantasma Del Mar
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Unhooked is just Deadmau5 without the cube.

darksideofkaos.
08-09-2010, 01:38 PM
This sounds like it would be fun but not for $80.

ficklecycle
08-09-2010, 04:37 PM
That is the oddest line-up ever. Smokeout featuring MGMT & Deadmau5? What the hell...

gaypalmsprings
08-09-2010, 04:57 PM
OCTOBER 16, 2010
NOS EVENTS CENTER in SAN BERNARDINO, CA

EXCLUSIVE PRE-SALE for GU SUBSCRIBERS
THURSDAY, 8/12 @ 10AM PST
PASSWORD: LEGALIZE
www.ticketfly.com

ON-SALE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
SATURDAY, 8/14 @ 10AM PST

The all day mind-opening Cypress Hill Smokeout is back! This year’s lineup is the best yet, featuring INCUBUS, MANU CHAU, DEADMAU5 “UNHOOKED”, MGMT, SLIGHTLY STOOPID, NAS & DAMIAN “JR GONG” MARLEY, ATMOSPHERE, LIVING COLOUR, LIVING LEGENDS, IRATION and AGAINST THE GIRL. More additions will be announced this week, so stay posted here.

The ultimate grounds for cannabis activists, supporters, and spectators will be at the Cypress Hill Smokeout Medical Marijuana Expo. Expect tons of attractions, including expert panel discussions, interactive vendor village, 4:20 movie night, legal workshops, artist meet-n-greets, massive munchies garden, and more.

We’re giving our GU subscribers first dibs on pre-sale tickets, up for grabs this Thursday at 10AM until Friday at 12AM. Get your tickets and light up with us at the 2010 Cypress Hill Smokeout!

--------------

Guerilla Union Presents
2010 Cypress Hill Smokeout
Incubus, Manu Chao, Deadmau5 "UNHOOKED", MGMT, Cypress Hill, Slightly Stoopid, Nas & Damian "Jr Gong" Marley, Atmosphere, Living Colour, Living Legends, Iration, PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
NOS Event Center
San Bernardino, CA
Rain or Shine. Fees included in price: $7 parking, $3 facility & $1 charity
Sat, October 16, 2010 12:00 PM (Doors: 12:00 PM)
$86.00 - $431.00
Tickets for this event go on sale to the general public:
Sat, 8/14/2010 10:00 AM PDT
Copyright © 2010 Ticketfly

ficklecycle
08-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Wow that is expensive. But I mean it was bound to happen anyway.

gaypalmsprings
08-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Deadmau5 will also perform a few "Unhooked" shows, which feel feature a somewhat more stripped-down presentation. "At some shows it just won’t be possible to supply the LED head of the huge new stage because of travel and routing," he explains. "That thing isn’t exactly portable!"
Don't worry, though: "Deadmau5 'Unhooked' will mean no massive stage and no LED mau5head," he continues. "There will still be some form of production, LED screen and lights and all that stuff...On the upside, ‘Unhooked’ sets tend to be longer and more diverse.”

unit300021
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Yes another fest deadmau5 is at!!!! All kidding aside its an interesting line-up. Has some random acts to it. Might go to this if the timing is right.

BigBryan
08-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Yea its a little pricey. Those $431 prices are prob for some sort of VIP ticket package, possibly including multiple passes. Last year they had an entirely separate VIP tent for the DJs including Fatlip, (Pharcyde) Afrikka Bambaataa, Bobo +Rhetmattic, etc. I think only Muggs and Mix Master Mike got sets on the actual 2nd stage early in the afternoon(s) and those were like 45 min sets. VIP DJs got 2 hour blocks. So you couldn't even see those DJs with a normal festival ticket.

Different year, different venue and set-up, but after reading that "unhooked" description including a longer set-time, I wouldnt be surprised if he were a part of this as one of those "VIP only" DJs.

suprefan
08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Well, Deadmau5 is going to have to play pretty early in the day. He is at Treasure Island also.

whynotsmile99
08-09-2010, 08:24 PM

holy shit, was that already LAST YEAR?! Time goes by so fast these days. ugh, what the hell am i doing with my life

unit300021
08-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, Deadmau5 is going to have to play pretty early in the day. He is at Treasure Island also.

Didn't even notice the date but I guess that explains the unhooked part then. Not that I had any interest in seeing him regardless if I do go to this. It also suggests that he is going close the day at T.I. instead of LCD which is lame, but that might already been coverd in the T.I. thread

BigBryan
08-19-2010, 10:50 AM
WOW! so They've added Erykah Badu, Basement Jaxx and Collie Buddz and some other DJs and stuff.

Deacon Blues
08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
its expensive because incubus's guarantee for playing is probably huge

BigBryan
08-19-2010, 01:19 PM
from their facebook

Its official like a referee with a whistle!! Lineup additions have been posted: ERYKAH BADU, MALDITA VECINDAD, BASEMENT JAXX DJ SET, COLLIE BUDDZ, AND LOS RAKAS set to play at Smokeout 2010.

No clue who Maldita Vecindad nor Los Rakas are.

Sushov23
08-19-2010, 07:38 PM
from their facebook

No clue who Maldita Vecindad nor Los Rakas are.

Maldita Vecindad are an old school spanish rock band. One of the best actually, and now I'm thinking I might have to make this. Fuck what to do, go to this, or go see the National. Also I think Maldita Vecindad just became a rumor for coachella.

suprefan
08-19-2010, 07:41 PM
WTF, Mexico is going to invade smokeout like a muthf&&KA!

Sushov23
08-19-2010, 07:43 PM
WTF, Mexico is going to invade smokeout like a muthf&&KA!

I think we can call this festival a sell out now. I mean wow, i'm impressed with this lineup.

brokenDREAMS
08-19-2010, 11:07 PM
this JAXX add is seriously making me consider going to go to this event now...

Ardentbiscuit
08-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Wow good adds and they promise more!

shakermaker113
08-21-2010, 08:54 AM
wow. basement jaxx. I wonder if they will play SF. same weekend as treasure island, hmm.

juloxx
08-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Wow, this lineup is really fucking good. Not spammed with a bunch of no name artist. All big names, and all are good at what they do. Count me in.

Plus its fucking Cypress Hill

Gribbz
08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
I should have known it was a Basement Jaxx DJ set. Meh.

BigBryan
08-21-2010, 10:17 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/braiders56/smokeout2010.jpg

I really want to go!

Devin the Dude
08-21-2010, 11:31 AM
What the fuck does Deadmau5 "Unhooked" mean?

Oh gawd. :/

Mr. Fuzz
08-21-2010, 11:51 AM
I always liked "Temples of Boom" the best.

Phantasma Del Mar
08-21-2010, 12:13 PM
What the fuck does Deadmau5 "Unhooked" mean?

Oh gawd. :/

It's Deadmau5 without the cube or the LED mouse head.

GAWD

goldfromla
08-21-2010, 03:05 PM
anyone know what time this ends?

Devin the Dude
08-21-2010, 03:45 PM
It's Deadmau5 without the cube or the LED mouse head.

GAWD

Haha dumb.

It's because his cube will be in SF by then and he's flying up immediately following his set at Smokesesh to play Treasure Island.

myvelouria94
08-27-2010, 10:57 PM
omg just saw the JAXX add. This (+manu chao) makes me want to buy a ticket ohhh so badly....

Mr.Nipples
08-28-2010, 12:20 PM
living colour?

GeezrRckr
08-28-2010, 01:50 PM
"unhooked" is just the penultimately shitty version of an already shitty version of a DJ.

it will be interesting to see how Deadmau5 deals with his weed "allergy" at a place where there will surely be a local fog advisory where this deal takes place. hopefully, Muggs will slip him an edible and make him silly. what a douche.

GnarVee
08-29-2010, 07:05 AM
^this.

juloxx
08-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I always liked "Temples of Boom" the best.

You win the internet. Critics hit it with the harshest reviews, but it is easily their best. On my top 3 Westcoast albums for sure

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002B0S.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

BigBryan
09-17-2010, 04:23 PM
SMOKEOUT SET TIMES
DOORS @ 12PM
MAIN STAGE
INCUBUS 10:25 PM – 11:55 PM
MANU CHAO 8:40 PM – 9:55 PM
CYPRESS HILL 7:10 PM – 8:10 PM
SLIGHTLY STOOPID 5:40 PM – 6:40 PM
NAS & DAMIAN MARLEY 4:10 PM – 5:10 PM
ATMOSPHERE 2:40 PM – 3:40 PM
COLLIE BUDDZ 1:35 PM 2:20 PM
DJ MUGGS 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM
SET TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

INDONESIA STAGE
ERYKAH BADU 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM
MALDITA VECINDAD 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
LIVING COLOUR 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
LIVING LEGENDS 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
IRATION 2:25 PM – 3:10 PM
LOS RAKAS 1:20 PM – 2:05 PM
BOBO & RHETTMATIC 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM

MASSIVE STONED GARDEN
DEADMAU5 “UNHOOKED” 12:00 AM – 2:00 AM
MGMT 10:40 PM – 11:40 PM
BASEMENT JAXX 9:20 PM – 10:20 PM
SURPRISE ACT 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM
REZA 6:40 PM – 7:40 PM
LENNY V 5:40 PM – 6:40 PM
DJ MUGGS 4:40 PM – 5:40 PM
AGAINST THE GIRL 3:45 PM – 4:30 PM
PABLO HASAN 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM

JorgeC
09-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Maldita Vecindad>Cypress Hill>Eryka Badu>Manu Chao>Basement Jaxx>Incubus>DeadMau5

Tickets are on sale at the GlassHouse with less fees. I'm really tempted by those set times. Wonder how easy it will be to walk from stage to stage since the schedule above would be mostly half sets.

Wheres the beef?
09-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I should have known it was a Basement Jaxx DJ set. Meh.

A Basement Jaxx live set at Smokeout would be fucking hilarious.

PJandBompton
09-18-2010, 11:27 AM
it's rather ironic that deadmau5 is playing the "Smokeout" festival after his bitching about Rusko...

this lineup is REALLY solid. my biggest selling point is the chance to see Nas + Damian again, who knows when they will play again after they are done touring this year...

ficklecycle
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
So, that BJDJ set totally makes me want to go.

BigBryan
09-21-2010, 06:53 PM
looks like they added Paul Oakenfold and Chuckie. I have no clue who Chuckie is.

ELECtROjan
09-21-2010, 07:50 PM
looks like they added Paul Oakenfold and Chuckie. I have no clue who Chuckie is.

he's an "emerging" young European house dj's who became relevant with this song... he played sunset slot on the mainstage at EDC this year also. it was alright. Oakenfold is fucking garbage tho

4ZgDGvtnTrE

Brochella
09-29-2010, 09:52 AM
my Hard Haunted Mansion crew just decided to skip out on that and go to this. fuck this dumb festival

alexcuse
09-29-2010, 10:34 AM
I've attached an one-page Excel version of the set times, similar to what other people have created for Coachella in the past. Note: the promoters may change set times again in the coming weeks.

RageAgainst
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
hopefully they dont change much in the times i have no conflicts at the moment hells ya! Thats a dissapointing add tho cuz ill be checking out MGMT (kinda scared too tho) and it would be nice to get down to another DJ other than oakenfold before Incubus. Really cool that deadmau5 is closing out the whole festival ill give him one more chance

BigBryan
09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
I wish I was going to this, but decided not to after reading horror stories about the venue and how they did RTB there.

RageAgainst
09-30-2010, 12:51 PM
I wish I was going to this, but decided not to after reading horror stories about the venue and how they did RTB there.

Sorry Sir but the information you recieved was slightly false. The reason NOS events center had a problem was guerilla unions fault they sold too many tickets and had Wu tangs first appearance in years so people were freaking,if your smart you know NOS events center is one of the best venues too hold a massiva,Nocturnal and beyond wonderland are still held there as was EDC back in the day.Big place free parking not too much walking from stage to stage.I love NOS cant wait too see this here

Jagh20
09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
http://www.facebook.com/notes/smokeout-festival/official-smoke-out-press-release-3-consumption-approved-on-site/439644088701

SEPTEMBER 30, 2010

FR: GUERILLA UNION

CYPRESS HILL AND GUERILLA UNION

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

AMERICANS FOR SAFE ACCESS ANNOUNCE

SAFE AND SECURE ONSITE CONSUMPTION AREA

FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENTS

Cypress Hill and the independent promotion company, Guerilla Union, in association with Americans for Safe Access, have announced plans to secure patients’ rights at the CYPRESS HILL SMOKEOUT festival on October 16, 2010, held at the National Orange Show in San Bernardino, CA. After consulting with local authorities and officials regarding appropriate protocol, festival producers have established a consumption area on the grounds for medical marijuana patients.

This historic milestone is unprecedented in Southern California and forges another step towards every responsible patient having the right to consume medicine in a safe environment. Cypress Hill vocalist and long-time advocate for the legalization of medical marijuana, B Real, is pleased with such a landmark, “I am really happy that the patients that are coming to hear us play will also be able to have a safe place to consume medical marijuana without fear or having to hide in the shadows.” Chang Weisberg of Guerilla Union agrees, “I am thrilled that our plan for the first-ever, patient-only medical marijuana consumption area in Southern California was approved today after years of hard work and positive marijuana policy. It has always been a dream for our partners from Cypress Hill to create a unique event unlike any other.”

Since the passing of the Compassionate Use Act of 1996, California patients have been allowed to possess and cultivate cannabis for personal medical use with a valid doctor’s recommendation. It has since paved the way for social and political change surrounding the decriminalization of medical marijuana use in California. Weisberg states, “This is a defining moment not only for the medical marijuana community, but also for the music industry. I hope that our work with Cypress Hill and Americans for Safe Access continues to contribute to the future success of the medical marijuana movement.” The onsite consumption area at the CYPRESS HILL SMOKEOUT aims to create a similar atmosphere of compassion and understanding. The patients-only consumption area will be located outdoors and will feature plenty of shade, grass and compassionate vendors. Weisberg also credits a new partnership for this achievement, “This endeavor is also the result of Guerilla Union’s strategic partnership with the Medicine and Music Project, a progressive company dedicated to business development in the medical marijuana and music industries.”

A complete and comprehensive list of appropriate procedures and regulations for festival attendees will be available on the official CYPRESS HILL SMOKEOUT website by October 6. Festival producers urge all attendees to carefully review all protocols and prerequisites prior to attending the festival.

In addition to being a platform for medical marijuana advocacy the CYPRES HILL SMOKEOUT is a world-class music festival featuring its biggest and most diverse line-up ever. The full line-up, to-date includes: INCUBUS, MANU CHAO, SLIGHTLY STOOPID, DEADMAU5 “unhooked”, MGMT, CYPRESS HILL, NAS & DAMIAN ‘JR GONG’ MARLEY, ATMOSPHERE, ERYKAH BADU, PAUL OAKENFOLD, BASEMENT JAXX dj set, MALDITA VECINDAD, LIVING COLOUR, CHUCKIE, COLLIE BUDDS, LIVING LEGENDS, DAN BLACK, IRATION, LOS RAKAS, DJ MUGGS, DJ REZA, LENNY V, PABLO HASSAN, AGAINST THE GIRL. Tickets are on-sale now at TicketFly.com

choice cat
10-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Tickets are on sale at the GlassHouse with less fees. I'm really tempted by those set times. Wonder how easy it will be to walk from stage to stage since the schedule above would be mostly half sets.

do you know how much they are at glasshouse ?

JorgeC
10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
i believe they were $88 or $89.

alexcuse
10-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Site map posted on the website.

For those who've been to NOS Events Center before, can you tell based on map if event will actually be held inside the NOS Events Center on thegrassy infield, or rather is it on the asphalt parking lot like the horror stories of Rock the Bells?

http://guerillaunionmedia.com/images/SO2010_sitemap.jpg

RageAgainst
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Site map posted on the website.

For those who've been to NOS Events Center before, can you tell based on map if event will actually be held inside the NOS Events Center on thegrassy infield, or rather is it on the asphalt parking lot like the horror stories of Rock the Bells?

http://guerillaunionmedia.com/images/SO2010_sitemap.jpg

Its inside NOs events center.

alexcuse
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Great thanks RageAgainst that's a relief.

alexcuse
10-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Kind of cutting it super close for Deadmau5 now that Treasure Island set times are out:

Treasure Island Main Stage
9:35 – LCD Soundsystem
7:55 - Deadmau5

From this we can presume Deadmau5 ends his set around 9:05p and takes 5 minutes to get into car at 9:10p. Will he have a private helicopter/jet or will he take a commercial flight?

If commercial flight: It'll take about 30 minutes to go to either Oakland Airport or SFO Airport from Treasure Island, and you have to be at airport gates 15 minutes before departure. So assume he gets into airport by 9:45p and just makes it onto a 10pm flight.

Then it takes around 1 hour 15 minutes to fly to Ontario Airport. So airplane arrives at 11:15p, he somehow leaves airport by 11:25p, then 25 minutes to drive to NOS Events Center if no traffic. So best-case scenario for commercial flight, he arrives there at 11:50p, 10 minutes before his midnight start time?

Hopefully they have a private jet chartered for him otherwise Deadmau5's set could start as late as 12:30a or 1am.

felakuti78
10-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Treasure island website says deadmau5 ends at 8:45 that adds 20 mins to your estimates.

felakuti78
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Its inside NOs events center.

looks like it's the asphalt to me. compare it to google maps or the NOS website map.

alexcuse
10-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I found the corresponding map to Rock the Bells, looks very similar except rotated 180 degrees:

ROCK THE BELLS MAP (not Smokeout):
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r159/mohtee2003/2010_rtb_la_map.jpg

Bleezie
10-08-2010, 04:35 PM
The main stage is actually on asphalt inside of the NOS center. It looks like the Consumption area is on the grass adjacent to the lake. This setup is not too different from other events that are held at the NOS.

choice cat
10-08-2010, 06:09 PM
alot of people on craigslist are selling tickets for cheap if anyones interested.

tessalasset
10-09-2010, 02:59 PM
So I'm working box office at this now. If you go, come say hi!

paulb
10-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Can i haz free tickets?

choice cat
10-11-2010, 12:33 AM
whats a good cheap hotel to get for this ? i was looking around on priceline and it seemed like most of the hotels in the area were getting bad reviews , if you could help me out with this i'd appreciate it !

tessalasset
10-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Nope!

choice i doubt there are any good cheap hotels in that area. it's in the middle of nowhere.

choice cat
10-11-2010, 02:48 PM
there has to be at least 1 place someones stayed at that was at least clean ..

Jagh20
10-11-2010, 03:15 PM
The Hilton is where im staying..... 909-889-0133. I think its the best place around the NOS Event Center...

choice cat
10-11-2010, 03:29 PM
thanks jag, called them up and unfortunately they are all booked. didn't know smokeout was this popular ha

brokenDREAMS
10-11-2010, 10:57 PM
alot of people on craigslist are selling tickets for cheap if anyones interested.

just be careful, my buddy was sold fake tickets (and they looked very similar to the real thing). If buying multiples, be sure each ticket as its own unique barcode. If you already have a ticketfly ticket from a previous show, bring it to verify the ones being sold by comparing...

choice cat
10-11-2010, 11:15 PM
yeah thats what I did, or you could have the person your going to buy tickets from meet you at a ticket outlet to compare to theirs, usually if a persons is fake they will not be willing to meet you at places like that.

ELECtROjan
10-11-2010, 11:36 PM
if the event isnt sold out there is no reason to risk buying a ticket from CL....

stellarpoet22
10-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Bump.)!

NachoCat
10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Heading out from AZ for this ..

Pretty excited, havnt done to much the past couple weekends.

Nas & damian should kill it.

choice cat
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
yeah it should be a good time. nice variety of music

NachoCat
10-15-2010, 02:33 PM
http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#Damian%20Marley%20%26amp%3B%20Nas/all/1/794995473

daftmau5
10-15-2010, 09:14 PM
damn how did i not know about this til today

i like how they have a medicinal consumption area, that's gotta chill some people out about blazing in public. not that an event titled 'smokeout' is the place to hide it.

pezGato
10-15-2010, 10:23 PM
definitely agree daftmau5. speaking of
, wonder if deadmau5 will be OK with all that smoke in the air ;)
I
wish I could
see mgmt, "Siberian breaks" is slawespme

choice cat
10-17-2010, 09:34 PM
good times yesterday. the patient smoking area was neat. nice variety of music.

vanoooo
10-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Manu Chao. ;)

NachoCat
10-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Bassment jaxx killed it. Good stuff :)

Does anyone know who the Dubstep DJ was that was playing right before Incubus on the small stage to the right? Playing Prodigy....

vanoooo
10-18-2010, 08:14 PM
yea i enjoyed bassment jaxx at smokeout than at edc

i think that was dj muggs before incubus

NachoCat
10-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks!!

tessalasset
10-19-2010, 03:28 PM
SOOOOOOO many people bought counterfeit tickets on CL and from scalpers on the street. We had people coming up to the box office all day either crying or screaming.

Gribbz
10-19-2010, 03:32 PM
It surprises me how many people go through CL when the show/festival isn't even sold out. Why take the risk?

paulb
10-19-2010, 03:33 PM
why are there so many shady people in LA selling fake tix? Ive never heard of that through all the interactions ive done/seen on Craigslist in Vancouver...

guedita
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
It surprises me how many people go through CL when the show/festival isn't even sold out. Why take the risk?

Cuz people in LA are idiots n shit.

why are there so many shady people in LA selling fake tix? Ive never heard of that through all the interactions ive done/seen on Craigslist in Vancouver...

Cuz people in LA are assholes n shit.

Gribbz
10-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Damn dawg... real talk.

WhyTheLongFace
10-26-2010, 10:44 AM

Why does that surprise you? If a show isn't sold out, tickets on CL would be way cheaper. I choose to save money and skip this but if I didn't I would have bought a ticket for $60 on CL so luckily I didn't.

getbetter
10-26-2010, 01:27 PM
SOOOOOOO many people bought counterfeit tickets on CL and from scalpers on the street. We had people coming up to the box office all day either crying or screaming.

damn that sucks so bad.

My friend said he brought tickets from ticketfly (or whatever) and they weren't scanning but they let him in anyways.