PDA

View Full Version : A Probably Futile Attempt to Defend Gorillaz

Commander Corn
07-28-2010, 11:25 AM
ALRIGHT LET'S GO:

So many of Gorillaz guest artists were stuck in England cause of the volcano. Gorillaz couldn't do anything about it. They're lucky they already got over what they had. It's not like they could have changed mother nature and got them over here. I agree, they could've tried to get other rappers at the festival to cover for em', but it'd be hard for them to learn the lyrics and everything at the last minutes.

About the hype, I don't remember seeing holograms, or huge laser shows, or anything like that promised. In fact Damon ruled out holograms a month before Coachella. Yeah, the fictional bass player of the band promised it would "Change the world of live music" but if you're actually a fan of the band you'd notice that half the stuff he says is bullshit. I agree, it was pretty disappointing for them to just stick the band out on stage like that with nothing trying to hide them or anything but whatever.

This was also Gorillaz first performance in-front of a large audience in 5 years.

Hannahrain
07-28-2010, 11:27 AM
It's July now. Defend the heat or the exorbitant prices at the lemonade stand or small children peeing in a pool despite the fact the sign clearly dictates we don't swim in their toilet.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
http://calitreview.com/images/atomic_bomb_castle_bravo.jpg

Gribbz
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
You're really REALLY late.

Delete.

captncrzy
07-28-2010, 11:30 AM
ALRIGHT LET'S GO:

So many of Gorillaz guest artists were stuck in England cause of the volcano. Gorillaz couldn't do anything about it. They're lucky they already got over what they had. It's not like they could have changed mother nature and got them over here. I agree, they could've tried to get other rappers at the festival to cover for em', but it'd be hard for them to learn the lyrics and everything at the last minutes.

Shut

About the hype, I don't remember seeing holograms, or huge laser shows, or anything like that promised. In fact Damon ruled out holograms a month before Coachella. Yeah, the fictional bass player of the band promised it would "Change the world of live music" but if you're actually a fan of the band you'd notice that half the stuff he says is bullshit. I agree, it was pretty disappointing for them to just stick the band out on stage like that with nothing trying to hide them or anything but whatever.

The

This was also Gorillaz first performance in-front of a large audience in 5 years.

Fuck Up

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-28-2010, 11:32 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/Tsar01.jpg

The Tsar Bomba's fireball, measuring 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) in diameter, is said to have touched the ground and nearly reached the altitude of the deploying Tu-95 bomber.

chairmenmeow47
07-28-2010, 12:04 PM
i should also take this time to defend the lost ending while we are living in the past.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
07-28-2010, 12:15 PM
isn't there corn you should be commanding

getbetter
07-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm not going to defend Gorillaz but I'm willing to give them a second chance.If i can get tickets without paying for the membership and afford the tickets

sonofhal
07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
It wasn't really any more exciting at Glastonbury with all the stars. Too many slow tracks in the set (and the world music interlude doesn't help).

humanoid
07-28-2010, 02:20 PM
this belated attempt at defending Gorillaz reminded me how much I thought their set sucked...I had almost forgotten

DANCE MAGIC
07-28-2010, 02:53 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/epic-fail-wheel-of-fortune-fail.jpg

captncrzy
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Big Ties?
Big Tips?

amyzzz
07-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Commander Corn just wants people to buy tickets to the upcoming tour. I'm with you all the way, dude.

The problem with collaboration-heavy bands like this is they can only put in the songs for the guest artists who are touring with them, but they could STILL throw in all the really good Damon-led songs from previous albums.

schavira
08-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Pretty much all of their live shows since then (especially Glastonbury) have received universal acclaim. I honestly think the volcano just jynxed the entire night; it's sad but it's true. They couldn't pull it off as well without the guests, and it just seemed rushed, which it kind of was. If I had the money I would have bought tickets to see them at MSG, but that doesn't seem likely anymore. I'm sad I saw Gorillaz on one of their worst nights but it was still a great show nonetheless...

Coachella Bound
08-10-2010, 08:15 AM
agreed... Volcano was no bueno.

and for the record id like to defend Jane Goodall.

COACHILLA
08-11-2010, 03:36 PM
meh, they were good

billypilgrimisunstuck
08-13-2010, 03:32 PM
i should also take this time to defend the lost ending while we are living in the past.

I still really like the ending. Also, I still think the Sopranos ending was a stroke of genius.

Trashcan_alligator
08-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Pretty much all of their live shows since then (especially Glastonbury) have received universal acclaim.

their glasto set got panned in just about everything i read about it, what the fuck are you talking about?

Cheddar's Cousin
08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Is it too late to defend Jesus?