PDA

View Full Version : after going to EDC i realized

Josesativa
06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
how much i miss coachella. =[
only 10 more months

alisonnn
06-28-2010, 10:14 PM
exactly what I was thinking, I even drew a calendar at work for every month until coachella to see if I could think of one festival/rave each month before coachella.. looks like after october I'm going to be crying

El.C.Dub
06-28-2010, 10:43 PM
i thought u were gone

alisonnn
06-28-2010, 11:15 PM
after seeing this thread, I feel like I owe my internet life to guedita for telling me to stop making threads. I was an idiot and didn't get it before

paulb
06-28-2010, 11:45 PM
SAHARA FTW!!!! I can only hope they bring Boys Noize, Felix Cartal, Goose, Soulwax, Proxy, The Prodigy....

digitaldragon03
06-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Everytime I go to EDC, I realize how much better Coachella is. Coachella is just so far above anything else. I say that not trying to diss the other dance events of the year, because I think those are great, but they do not match the intensity and enthusiasm of the Sahara Tent.

paulb
06-29-2010, 12:13 AM
yes, but EDC fulfills the crazy notion of ever staying in the Sahara for an entire day...

lowfront
06-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Nothing like the sahara tent party

savage beast

Josesativa
06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
i thought u were gone
i left momentarily so your mother would not miss me too much. you know how she worries.

after seeing this thread, I feel like I owe my internet life to guedita for telling me to stop making threads. I was an idiot and didn't get it before

ya same here thanks Guedita =]

Everytime I go to EDC, I realize how much better Coachella is. Coachella is just so far above anything else. I say that not trying to diss the other dance events of the year, because I think those are great, but they do not match the intensity and enthusiasm of the Sahara Tent.

for real during the day time i was sober so i wasnt in the mood to dance. but at coachella you get to be seeing other bands from different genres and just totally different great crowds and energy. and the sahara tent does get popping but the kinetic field at edc was also popping as well but coachella goes harder longer stronger

juloxx
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
As soon as EDC ended I realized I have nothing to look forward too for the next 10 or so months. All the music events I look forward too are done for the year :(

mmblack
06-30-2010, 03:26 AM
after going to EDC i realized it's good to have everyone on the same altitude and not in stands where they can jump twenty feet through the air onto other people's faces.

LyricsForTheMind
06-30-2010, 11:33 AM
EDC is a lot of fun but after going to both EDC and Coachella for my first time, i think i enjoyed the Sahara tent more then EDC....that said i agree that there is no way i would stay in the sahara tent the whole time if there was other good musical options to break it up haha

choice cat
06-30-2010, 11:52 AM
deadmau5's show at edc doesnt even come close to his performance at coachella.

crazzz2007
06-30-2010, 04:00 PM

you're still an idiot, you fucking donkey.

feather
06-30-2010, 04:06 PM
After EDC I realized I party with some fucking funky people, Sasha is still amazing, and Mark will always have rave in his heart for dancing with the bunny suit on.

What I don't realize is why we are comparing EDC and Coachella? Besides the fact some of us have both of these events in common.

crazzz2007
06-30-2010, 04:38 PM
What I don't realize is why we are comparing EDC and Coachella? Besides the fact some of us have both of these events in common.

I was about to post the same question, but probably with a profanity-laced tirade. Thanks for beating me to the punch. You said it a lot more nicely than I would have.

donkey sex
06-30-2010, 08:21 PM
is that wrestling?

Josesativa
06-30-2010, 08:55 PM
after going to EDC i realized it's good to have everyone on the same altitude and not in stands where they can jump twenty feet through the air onto other people's faces.

lol i remember seeing that. i was the in the last ten people let in before they closed kinetic field . but in all honesty.

KASKADE FOR THE WIN
at EDC

Josesativa
06-30-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJcXDmfTzto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ztku9B8frE

check it out pretty cool moments in all of edc

Desaparecidos
06-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Definitely Coachella is better in my opinion, the vibe is so much friendlier. EDC was to many douchebags for my taste. Friday at EDC was one of the better nights of my life but that was probably cause I was front and center for the last 4 sets and the all the people in our area had become acquainted in between set-breaks and had each others backs.

thewoodenman
07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
+ 3 days n campin! but apples to oranges really.

crazzz2007
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
+ 3 days n campin! but apples to oranges really.

more like apples to shit.

303dubbin
07-27-2010, 08:47 AM
i bet the edc out there was better than the one here. all rainy and shit here and way too many fucked up little kids. i'm glad insomniac decided to go to 18+, it's gonna take some pretty good names for me to go to another one of those though. i went to wakarusa too and that was nowhere near as good as coachella either. i miss it.

GuyInTucson
07-27-2010, 09:59 AM
deadmau5's show at edc doesnt even come close to his performance at coachella.

From my understanding it was virtually the same set just a tad bit shorter at EDC.

GuyInTucson
07-27-2010, 10:05 AM
After EDC I realized I party with some fucking funky people, Sasha is still amazing, and Mark will always have rave in his heart for dancing with the bunny suit on.

Maybe because this is a Coachella board and the thread is about EDC?

These events you choose to go to aren't raves feather. Raves stopped happening in Cali before you ever went to one.

CrimesceneCookie
07-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Jesus, not another "They were only raves when *I* was going to them, none of you will ever know my rave awesomeness"...

GuyInTucson
07-27-2010, 12:18 PM
When people start tossing around phrases that someone "will always have rave in his heart" it's fucking vomit-inducing.

it's not about "Oh I went to raves over ten years ago so i am cooler than you." It's about people floating phrases like that, that have no clue what they are talking about. You get on my case yet people who constantly talk about PLUR, and "rave" like it boosts their fucking status as a partier are ok...

For the record - the notion of PLUR did NOT originate in the rave scene. The idea of Peace, Love, Unity, Respect is something that has been around long before raves and it was popularized in the 70's and 80's by Afrika Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation.

That's why when I hear any "raver" under the age of 30 talk about "PLUR" and "rave" it instantly makes me roll my fucking eyes.

Today's events are NOT raves. You don't throw a "rave" at a football stadium and draw over 100,000 people. It's no more of a rave than when Paul Oakenfold spins a three-hour set at House of Blues.

The last real rave I went to was in Phoenix in 1999. The last one I went to in Cali was in 96 or 97. After that they were nothing more than giant electronic mainstream concerts or a bunch of drug addicts throwing desert parties to make money.

El.C.Dub
07-27-2010, 01:52 PM
The last real rave I went to was in Phoenix in 1999. The last one I went to in Cali was in 96 or 97. After that they were nothing more than giant electronic mainstream concerts or a bunch of drug addicts throwing desert parties to make money.

how were the events back in the day any different? weren't they always just an excuse for people to get together in bacchian revelry, dance to music, and ingest certain chemicals if one chooses?

CrimesceneCookie
07-27-2010, 01:54 PM
People have been parroting the same thing you just said for longer than you have probably been raving. I remember the cool kids disdainfully writing off the rave scene as "dead" in 1992.
And all the parties in 1996 had all the same plurtards and problems that today's massives do.

The moral is, no one gives a shit. Let them call it a rave, it has absolutely no effect on you, the "scene", "real raves", the size of Fatburger hamburgers, or anything at all whatsoever.

GuyInTucson
07-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Well for one, I was one of the youngest people going to them back then. It didn't cost any money to put together and the DJ's played for nothing.

Everything was donated and it was held in a remote location. There were no fliers or public advertising for the event. You met someone at a certain spot, got a map to another spot where someone directed you where to go.

There also werent a bunch of 15 year olds dominating the event. Most of the folks were already legal adults. I only went to a handful of raves in my life and they were nothing like EDC, HARD or Ultra.

I am not saying I didn't enjoy the parties after those events. My all-time favorite events are massives, but I never called them raves. Anyone who went to a legit underground rave (which were considered to be the only real raves) back then knows exactly what I am talking about.

To an extent, they still exist on a smaller scale, but I highly doubt the majority of people here under 30 have been to many authentic raves. i'm 28 and I think I've only been to four or five and none within the past decade.

I am not trying to trash fans of electronic music or people who go to parties at all. But when people start saying they live to "rave" and are all about "PLUR" it gets on my nerves. Especially when it's what they constantly talk/post about over and over.

When someone calls EDC a rave, it strikes the same nerve as when someone classifies all electronic music as "techno" because that's not what it is.

Go talk to an old school punk rocker that used to go to shows at CBGB's in the 70's and tell them Warped Tour with Blink 182 and The Offspring is a "punk show" and see what they say to you.

GuyInTucson
07-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Crimescene, can you HONESTLY say you have never been irritated at and then vented about something that has absolutely no affect on you? If you say you haven't I am pretty sure you're the only person in the world.

El.C.Dub
07-27-2010, 02:18 PM
that is legitimate reasoning. but you cant knock the people going to events today for the same reasons that people went to events of yesteryear; to dance and get amongst it and blow off some steam. it's the money-hungry promoters who took what was popular in underground rave communities and produced it writ large. if i had the choice to go to a chill underground party as explained or a modern day massive i would certainly choose the former.

Bud Luster
07-27-2010, 02:25 PM
It didn't cost any money to put together and the DJ's played for nothing.

Everything was donated and it was held in a remote location. There were no fliers or public advertising for the event. You met someone at a certain spot, got a map to another spot where someone directed you where to go.

I dunno, I went to plenty of parties that were considered raves in every sense and they had big productions, big $$ DJs, and fliers galore.

GuyInTucson
07-27-2010, 02:27 PM
that is legitimate reasoning. but you cant knock the people going to events today for the same reasons that people went to events of yesteryear; to dance and get amongst it and blow off some steam. it's the money-hungry promoters who took what was popular in underground rave communities and produced it writ large. if i had the choice to go to a chill underground party as explained or a modern day massive i would certainly choose the former.

Oh, I am not knocking anyone for going at all. They are a blast. I personally don't care about who wants to make money and who doesn't.

It just strikes a huge nerve when people label things incorretly. I have no idea why at all; it just drives me up the wall to no end.

I get the same way when people categorize all electronic dance music as "techno" or when a station that plays strictly R&B says their station is where "Hip Hop lives".

guedita
07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
An absolute definition of the word "rave" as designated as a signifier for some type of event with electronic based music is impossible. The context of its various historical situations and casual usage as a colloquialism by a wide variety of disconnected parties supersede any possibility of a fixed understanding of the term.

CrimesceneCookie
07-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Crimescene, can you HONESTLY say you have never been irritated at and then vented about something that has absolutely no affect on you? If you say you haven't I am pretty sure you're the only person in the world.

Oh everyday.
But I really see "That's not a rave! This is a rave!" arguments as especially asinine, considering it's all been said for decades now, and the end result is always the same.

It really doesn't matter what a party is called, if you're having a good time that's all that matters. Raves never were about causes, movements and so on. Granted the early days had more of a subversive feel to it, but the bottom line is the #1 reason raves exist is because people (especially younger people) need release.

Most people who were ravers "back in the day" couldn't care less about what goes on at them today, they've mostly moved on to things that suit them better now. I still like to go out raving once in a blue moon, but my old ass doesn't care too much for the clusterfucks anymore. And I wouldn't rip on anyone in their teens for wanting to go to them. Fuck, when I was in high school, we had to drive all around socal to find shitty DeMolay dances. Don't ask.

Sorry if this is all over the place, I hit the vape in the middle of typing it.

Rave on.

CrimesceneCookie
07-27-2010, 02:42 PM
An absolute definition of the word "rave" as designated as a signifier for some type of event with electronic based music is impossible. The context of its various historical situations and casual usage as a colloquialism by a wide variety of disconnected parties supersede any possibility of a fixed understanding of the term.

what you're saying is that there might be Galapagos raves that are utterly alien to our understanding?

far out.

Trashcan_alligator
07-27-2010, 02:47 PM
who gives a fuck what the actual definition of "rave" is or when they stopped or started existing. none of that has any bearing on the fact that people who used the word all the time, from 1992 until present day, are fucking brainless tools.

GuyInTucson
07-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh everyday.
But I really see "That's not a rave! This is a rave!" arguments as especially asinine, considering it's all been said for decades now, and the end result is always the same.

It really doesn't matter what a party is called, if you're having a good time that's all that matters. Raves never were about causes, movements and so on. Granted the early days had more of a subversive feel to it, but the bottom line is the #1 reason raves exist is because people (especially younger people) need release.

Most people who were ravers "back in the day" couldn't care less about what goes on at them today, they've mostly moved on to things that suit them better now. I still like to go out raving once in a blue moon, but my old ass doesn't care too much for the clusterfucks anymore. And I wouldn't rip on anyone in their teens for wanting to go to them. Fuck, when I was in high school, we had to drive all around socal to find shitty DeMolay dances. Don't ask.

Sorry if this is all over the place, I hit the vape in the middle of typing it.

Rave on.

I hear you and I am not ripping on teens for wanting to go; that would make me a hypocrite. I preferred them in my teen years to house parties and school dances. I just refuse to call them raves (at least on purpose lol).

And I honestly usually don't share these opinions outloud, but after reading certain people's posts since I joined these boards, it just became gut-wrenching and I felt the need to vent.

Nothing personal against anyone really.....shit, I would go to EDC, Ultra, Nocturnal consistentlyif I could afford it and didn't have a family.

djandrews25
07-27-2010, 02:52 PM
What a retard you are.

greghead
07-27-2010, 02:53 PM
0hDyreAhyWg

djandrews25
07-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Grow a pair, bill.

djandrews25
07-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh hai randy, its been pretty boring around here. Did you move out of your mother's house yet?

djandrews25
07-27-2010, 03:57 PM
So, did you?

Aurgasm
07-27-2010, 04:00 PM
after attending edc in 2009 I realized I liked smaller electronic events with obscure djs that I've never heard of nor will likely see again.

Aurgasm
07-27-2010, 04:05 PM
^what a coward

djandrews25
07-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Oh stop, if you arent randy then you should come up with your own jokes. Grow a pair bill, were already on the internet.

djandrews25
07-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I suppose you're right, randy couldnt possibly be this boring and uncreative.

Aurgasm
07-27-2010, 04:42 PM
they do have cowardice in common

greghead
07-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Not trying to stir shit up, but how exactly is Lumbergh being any more of a coward than anyone else who talks shit on here? His comments are par for the course.

djandrews25
07-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Nah, because he wont even post on his main. And he is definitely not on par, he cant even make up his own jokes.

GuyInTucson
07-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Lol this got out of hand quickly.

djandrews25
07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Greg's absolutely corrent

Nice.

BeaverCat
07-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Definitely Coachella is better in my opinion, the vibe is so much friendlier. EDC was to many douchebags for my taste. Friday at EDC was one of the better nights of my life but that was probably cause I was front and center for the last 4 sets and the all the people in our area had become acquainted in between set-breaks and had each others backs.

The Douchebag presence was much larger this year than any other. For example: "Hey girl, whats up witchu? Let's go somewhere. I wanna get my party on."

Trashcan_alligator
07-27-2010, 06:16 PM
i agree that lumbergh is probably that dickmunch randy.

betao
07-27-2010, 06:30 PM
He's not Randy. You can spot a Randy post from a mile away.

humanoid
07-27-2010, 07:00 PM
are you sure??

greghead
07-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Oops. Duh. Slow on the uptake, I am.

stinkbutt
07-27-2010, 07:28 PM
jesus christ yall don't pay much attention

betao
07-27-2010, 08:27 PM
are you sure??

LOL, see what I mean.

Yeah, I'm sure.

Trashcan_alligator
07-27-2010, 09:04 PM
lollzers

ELECtROjan
07-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Both EDC and Coachella were awesome. Insomniac and Goldenvoice continue to show that they are the best at what they do in the US.

syrinx32123
07-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Coachella > EDC. I remember walking back to the car after Saturday night at Coachella. Everyone was walking through the dirt parking lot kicking up dust and there were huge generator lights,, and all the moths were flying around. people sitting on top of their campers drinking beers sharing good vibes. And I stopped and turned to my friends and just said, "This is the coolest thing ever."

EDC is cool, but I think it is designed around drugs. Coachella is designed around music.

There is nothing like watching an act on the outdoor stage during sunset and looking back over the palm trees towards the mountains.

Coachella is just on a whole other level. It is a festival, not a massive.

After leaving EDC this year, I felt dirty and ready to sleep. After coachella, I felt amazing and ready to party

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2217/2455389171_74c43b42fd_b.jpg

humanoid
07-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I'm sure.

wasn't talking about Lumbergh

leo01g
07-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Ha ha come on guys...

BeaverCat
07-28-2010, 11:59 AM

*off topic - Oh dang, is that Sharkoctopus as your avatar?!?

Josesativa
07-28-2010, 08:24 PM
From my understanding it was virtually the same set just a tad bit shorter at EDC.

deadmau5 played a similar set some different songs but his trance was WAYYYYY longer than coachella it was a bit anti-climatic at times.

but

KASKADE for the win! such a dope set

djandrews25
02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
I asked you a legit question first and it clearly pertains to you and your disgusting pig of a raver-trash girlfriend.

Lumbergh=Guyintucson

Calling sophia a pig is laughable when you sleep next to this every night.
http://i.imgur.com/AYaig.jpg

Next time grow a pair and post on your main, Bill.
http://i.imgur.com/FvEx8.png

PC-2 Violence
02-17-2011, 03:43 PM
I like the flaming guitar with the wings and roses.

NachoCat
02-17-2011, 03:54 PM
That guys right arm is about twice the size of his left. Either he works at baskin robins or .......

GuyInTucson
02-17-2011, 03:59 PM
I jerk off a lot.

Also that's my wife who struggles with MS. She doesn't post here so leave her out of it. Kthxbai.

So you figured me out. Oh NO!!!!!!!!!! Lulz

myelectrolife
02-17-2011, 04:08 PM
I jerk off a lot.

yeah we can see that, fuckin douche.

Kyliediscope
02-17-2011, 04:09 PM
That guys right arm is about twice the size of his left. Either he works at baskin robins or .......

Hahahaha.

NachoCat
02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Just wondering old school phoenix raver connoisseur. Do you remember some of those "real" Phoenix raves from around 99-00. Id like to know more about your expertise in this area.

Coachella Bound
02-17-2011, 04:48 PM
GuyInTucson - Current Activity: Modifying Contact or Ignore List

djandrews25
02-17-2011, 04:51 PM
maybe he was just an expert in one armed light shows.

Coachella Bound
02-17-2011, 04:53 PM
no way man.... im the only expert in one armed light shows.

eskamo951
02-17-2011, 05:27 PM
maybe he was just an expert in one armed light shows.

Or one-armed circle jerks

Wheres the beef?
02-17-2011, 05:30 PM
It wasn't me, officer! It was the one armed raver!

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/a/images/ace-ventura-pet-detective-6.jpg

Wheres the beef?
02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Has this guy even met Feather?

guedita
02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
What happened in here?

djandrews25
02-17-2011, 05:40 PM
He got upset that she called edc a rave.

Coachella Bound
02-17-2011, 05:48 PM
damnit... i had such a great come back but i cant leave it cause his wife doesnt have anything to do w/ this.... errrrrr, morals and shit

Wheres the beef?
02-17-2011, 05:49 PM

Coachella Bound
02-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Lumbergh=Guyintucson

Calling sophia a pig is laughable when you sleep next to this every night.
http://i.imgur.com/AYaig.jpg

I jerk off a lot.

Also that's my wife who struggles with MS. She doesn't post here so leave her out of it. Kthxbai.

So you figured me out. Oh NO!!!!!!!!!! Lulz

id jerk off a lot too if my wife looked like that....

Devin the Dude
02-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Watch out for your ankles this year, cuntbag. I bite.

zimmy1222
02-17-2011, 06:05 PM
lol, his arms...

and her face.

Devin the Dude
02-17-2011, 06:13 PM
And yeah. Really. Don't call Sophia a pig. You are a worthless message board personality, she is a real human being, who doesn't suck, doesn't have a fugly wife, and doesn't jerk it solely to the right. God damn dude. Please.

anti-square
02-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Tucson is crying of embarrassment for you right about now.

PC-2 Violence
02-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Dude just ruined the best thing that could have ever happened to him. Our respect.

betao
02-17-2011, 10:08 PM

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c60bf53ef0147e1737061970b-400wi

mmblack
02-17-2011, 10:10 PM
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c60bf53ef0147e1737061970b-400wi

maybe you all should stop fucking with him?

Mucho Maas
02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
i'd like to extend a thank you to all involved in the wonderful happenings of this thread.

getbetter
02-17-2011, 10:43 PM
After that they were nothing more than giant electronic mainstream concerts or a bunch of drug addicts throwing desert parties to make money.

Desert parties....I am still blaffed by the dozen or so that I went to.one of them gave u free acid and 5 if u were a DJ.

Besides that Feather is a wonderful person and i dont see why anyone would wanna be mean to someone thats nice to everyone. It's really just a dick move and I hope you have a nice apology to say .

djandrews25
02-18-2011, 08:51 AM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5831279/Baskin-Robins-Head-Scooper-in-Training.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=JNimrod

Mr. Dylanja
02-18-2011, 10:07 AM

He's not Randy. You can spot a Randy post from a mile away.

are you sure??

Yeah, I'm sure.

lollzers

This was great.

And come on, Tucson is only good for Jaguars and Gribbzly Bears.

Aurgasm
02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
I am watching this thread people... be nice to Tucson

8^)

Coachella Bound
02-18-2011, 02:10 PM
There is no Tucson, only douchebag....