PDA

View Full Version : Colorado/ Denver Area

b4ipineaway
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
I am trying to get together friends for a trip from Denver, not entirely sure how many we will have or what kind of room but feel free to get in touch. If there won't be any way I personally can help maybe other people from the area responding to the thread can get together as well.
-e

gothicangel0690
01-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Hello,
I don't need a ride, but Its always good to know other people that are going. I mean there is always a chance my group flops out on me but i doubt it. we are having our first group meeting next week. we plan to drive and rent a car. as far as i know the car will be full with four people. But yea its just good to connect to people from home.

paranoidandroid
01-26-2007, 12:53 AM
boyfriend and i will be traveling from denver! plan on camping on site, let me know if you wanna meet up or be road buddies or something of the sort! cheers.

b4ipineaway
01-26-2007, 11:58 AM
yeah, if we are leaving on the same day that could be great. I am all about knowing whoever is going as well. If anything goes wrong with your plans maybe i can help.

b4ipineaway
01-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Ugh, it appears that probably the last of my group flopped out on me. Sooooo I have plenty of room in my car, would definately like to fill it to split up gas costs with another traveler.

paranoidandroid
01-26-2007, 03:25 PM
email me!!!: shannonaxelson@hotmail.com

koalafishmutantbird
01-26-2007, 03:40 PM
if anybody could give me a lift from Denver, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

paranoidandroid
01-26-2007, 03:51 PM
you email me too! i have three people in my group including myself but none of us have a car that can make the journey. looking for one or two more people and a car!!!

b4ipineaway
01-26-2007, 05:54 PM
OKAAaAY,
I have gotten back to the two posts that were asking about rides. AND i also emailed someone who posted in another thread about offering rides so perhaps we can coordinate efforts here. If I PM'ed you please get back to me. Also if anyone else needs (or can offer) rides keep posting and I'll get u in on it.
-e

Robert X
01-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Hello, I am driving from Denver with one person, so far. I may have an additional spot or two in my rental car. We will be camping and arriving on Friday afternoon. If you need a lift, send me a message.

beesteagirl
01-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm also in the Denver area and I am either going by plane (which is slightly more likely) but I am also considering traveling carpool with others. My one condition is that it needs to be a smoke-free environment. I want to get there Thursday afternoon and plan on staying until Monday 10 am. I am also going to be at on-site camping which follows my same routine for the last 3 years.

Do my plans match anyone else?

Robert X
02-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Those who are driving from Denver..I think it would be cool if all cars met at a central location and follow each other to Indio. We are leaving late Thursday. And people who do not have ride there, could be there as well to negotiate a ride with people who have spots. What do you think?

Balthazar B
02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
My girl and I (handsome Australians) are looking to get from Vail to the rock show...

plus our travel packs and ski bags ?

Nah, didn't think so - see ya'll there CO peeps !

b4ipineaway
02-03-2007, 11:48 PM
As for meeting in one location, that sounds pretty fun... though I doubt everyone will be doing the straight through to concert time drive i.e. leaving thursday night (i am definately not)

As foy the Aussies, you know I would be interested in helping, though I don't know about room for the ski equiptment etc.

alexboco
02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a ride from Colorado College (Colorado Springs). Anyone have a free seat and will be driving through? Also, I have class until noon on Thursday so you'd have to pick me up after that. Anyone???

SometimesNJ
02-06-2007, 04:11 PM
me and two friends are driving from boulder to indo.

b4ipineaway
02-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a ride from Colorado College (Colorado Springs). Anyone have a free seat and will be driving through? Also, I have class until noon on Thursday so you'd have to pick me up after that. Anyone???

maybe if you could leave a day earlier

b4ipineaway
02-07-2007, 04:08 PM
still have pretty much open car so keep me up to dayte for those who need rides

alexboco
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Me and a friend need a ride from Colorado Springs to Coachella. Anyone have two spots open in their car?

OzzyRunner
04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
YAY CO people. I'm a CO native, but I'm currently living in SD. Glad to hear you all are coming out.

JamesJones
04-26-2007, 12:05 PM
If anyone is still out there:

I need to get from Aspen, Colorado to Coachella.

I have a 4-Runner and will take riders to share gas, driving and boredom. Anyone want a ride?

Or will join another carpool, if anyone's still out there looking for rider? I could hop on with anyone driving west along I-70 at Glenwood Springs.

Chill, talk about music, have a few laughs, no smoking

Thanks,
James

rtanders
03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
im meeting others out there sat, but would like to find good people to hitch a ride with to make it for friday's line up. i live in denver, near du, and im more than willing to drive to meet the car pool where ever you're leaving from. let me know if anyone has any room available, thanks.

thephatkat
03-28-2008, 08:58 AM
it'd be nice to meet up with a caravan heading out.

it's looking like we're going to head out wednesday night and stay in Grand Junction and then take off thursday morning and head straight to Indio.

Bugaboo123
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I am also looking for either a carpool or someone to help form a carpool to Coachella. Please let me know if you're interested ans send me an e-mail to baca.michael@gmail.com

Thanks!

genia
01-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Hey everyone! My name is Genia and I'm a college student in Denver looking for a ride to Coachella. I'd pitch in for gas and whatever else. Can leave Thursday and come back Monday. Travel plans are flexible. Let me know if anyone has a spot!

canexplain
01-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Just my 2 cents. I have driven there but I went thru LA and not the way mapquest said. Mapquest says 1026 miles at around 16 hours and $144 for gas. Leaving anytime after 1200 on Thursday cuts a bit into the fun because using the 16 hours gets you there about 5:00 or so. You will gain an hour so it could be as early as 3 but I doubt it. It will take at least a couple of hours to get into the venue and set up camp so that makes in early evening (around 8 or so) before you can even think of getting into the venue. Thats just what I have seen. Also not to be a downer, you will probably want to go I70 which means colorado springs will be out of your way by at least 3 more hours if you go down there and cut back up. You will hit 3 mountain passes and there is a chance you will hit snow so take that into consideration. I would try and leave thursday morning if there is any chance of that and the people that leave late will just have to put the foot on the gas imo ..... cr****

ToddThaGod
01-20-2010, 08:51 AM
These threads are very old Genia. 2007, 2008.

Anyways...I'm planning on Flying to Denver, CO to visit my friend in Lakewood, CO for a few days.

I want to try to make it to the festival around dinner time on Thursday. That would mean leaving Thursday Early Morning (1.2 A.M) I've done a cross country road trip from NJ to Denver so this is nothing.

I would like to find a ride if anyone needs a guy. I would of course need a ride back on monday to Denver Airport though...

If anyone is thinking about doing this themselves (renting a car) let me know. I might rent the car and coordinate everything. I found it easier for myself in 2007. If i do rent-a-car will look for 2-4 people to split the cost of gas/rent-a-car.

Let me know. Let's get 4 people together and make this experience magical.