PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Coachella Article for Journalism Course: What Keeps You Coming Back?

condenser
05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Hey Everyone,

I did a search and didn't find a thread with what I needed, so I'll post one here. I attended Friday and Sunday in 2009 and all three days this year.

I'm doing an article on Coachella for my journalism class that is due on Monday for my journalism class. It can be a good article, but I need your help. People that were supposed to answer some questions haven't written back, so I hope you can answer a few questions for me.

I know this might seem like a hassle, but I would really appreciate it if you could help a fellow Coachella go-er out.

If you can, please write a few sentences for each part.

If you can't answer all of them, it would be Amazing if, in a few sentences, you stated why you keep coming back.

How many years have you been to Coachella?

What is the first thing that you remember about Coachella?

What has been your favorite part?

What has been your experience with camping at Coachella?

Describe your favorite performance you have ever seen at Coachella.

How would you describe the atmosphere at the festival?

What is it about Coachella that keeps you coming back?

Please feel free to add anything else you would like to (ie. little known facts about the festival, other experiences).

Thanks so much for helping out!

Tim

chucky canuck
05-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Journalism lesson 1: Don't accept comments or stories from people you don't know on the Internet. You have no way of knowing whether they're making sh*t up.

condenser
05-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks for replying. I'm not looking for facts. I'm looking for personal experiences.

chucky canuck
05-24-2010, 06:38 PM
people make that up too.

Courtney
05-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Wow, reply failure. Obviously you're getting a very biased response if you ask in here. But you probably already know that.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 = 6 years

The phenomenal 2004 lineup with Radiohead and the Pixies.

All the friends I have made.

I do not camp.

Let me think about this.

Sweaty, exhausting, euphoric.

I stopped attending; I don't keep coming back.

OK Calculator
05-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Maybe one day I will have accrued enough posts to merit being a mean spirited veteran poster that shoots down all optimistic new posters on these boards....sigh....daydream*

jimmycrackcorn
05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
how many years have you been to Coachella? i think i've missed 4 years and been to all others -shrugs- they kinda blur together now

standing in the longest line of my life... that first year they had us lined up in this massive line at the gates into the festival and when i got to the front they said "no backpacks" so i threw mine into the garbage rather than go take it back to my car and stand in that line again... then seeing people ALL DAY inside with F@#$ING BACKPACKS!

What has been your favorite part? awesome music and memories

What has been your experience with camping at Coachella? never camped...

Describe your favorite performance you have ever seen at Coachella. portishead was mindblowing for me... i was tripping hard on shrooms, my GF was freaking out, and the music/visuals were nourishing my soul...

How would you describe the atmosphere at the festival? overall laidback beautiful people and good vibes... last year however was DMV drunk and high...

proximity to my home and a consistently good lineup

greghead
05-26-2010, 01:56 PM
2005-2010 = 6 years

The camping entrance at midnight Friday night. So many fucking people

Blistering live performances

Dirty, hot, incredibly fun. Stopped camping because the amount of money being spent by my group could be pooled and spent at a nice hotel with showers, beds, and air conditioning

You're joking, right? KraftwerPortiPrince and Arcade Fire in 2005 both immediately leap to mind. But I can't really describe them, you kind of had to see it happening to understand.

Communal. Before this year, at least

Blistering live performances. And the giddy intoxication that comes from being on the polo fields. The music + the feeling = yes, please

Please feel free to add anything else you would like to (ie. little known facts about the festival, other experiences).

In 2007 I attended the fest solo but did not have a camping pass, so I slept in the parking lot in the back of my truck, under a canopy tent. I met a lot of really good people who stopped by to chat, soak in some shade, and trade drugs/beer for my bottles of water. That experience defines the fest for me.