PDA

View Full Version : total views posters stickers stencils billboards online

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 07:44 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/photos/nyc_12_06/wooster_flat.gif

E

bmack86
03-01-2007, 07:45 PM
What the hell does the title mean? It reads like gibberish.

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/photos/nyc_12_06/unclescam.gif

E

codytwo
03-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow, its almost as if Pop Art didn't say everything it had to say by 1975. Expropriating images from propaganda that were expropriated from Rodchenko in the thirties isn't art, and isn't even cool. Its just stupid and pedestrian. Congratulations, you brought out the pretentious asshole in me. Which, admittedly, isn't very difficult.

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 07:59 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/photos/nyc_12_06/9.gif

E

codytwo
03-01-2007, 08:01 PM
you're not worth this. ignored.

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 08:08 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/merch/riseabove_m16vsak47.gif

E

hangthedj112
03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
America is a free country, so if you dislike it so much, feel free to GTFO.

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/merch/thisisyourgod.jpg

E

SubBass49
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Personally I enjoy the artwork...I'm a big Shepard Fairey fan...anything by BLKMRKT and Obey tends to rock. In fact, I'm entering a piece in the "Yo, What Happened to Peace" show in Rome, and Shepard Fairey has some work in it.

I like his artistic style....of course, I'm a stencilist so I may be biased.

-- J

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/merch/worldwidedelivery.jpg

E

SubBass49
03-01-2007, 09:10 PM
America is a free country, so if you dislike it so much, feel free to GTFO.

PS - You're dumb. Or is it ignorant? Which is it? Choose wisely...

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/merch/thismachinekills.jpg

E

SubBass49
03-01-2007, 09:13 PM
dope

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/merch/savageposse2.gif

E

hangthedj112
03-01-2007, 09:31 PM
PS - You're dumb. Or is it ignorant? Which is it? Choose wisely...

Why am I dumb for finding it insanely ironic he sits here and constantly criticizes this country and is a citizen? Just wondeinrg.

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/merch/roseshackle.gif

E

J~$$$
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM
ewiggy should post here stuff here.....I like 5 times better than shepards work. Not to discount his work, just sayin'

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/photos/nyc_12_06/5.gif

E

mrpibb79
03-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Why am I dumb for finding it insanely ironic he sits here and constantly criticizes this country and is a citizen? Just wondeinrg.

One of the greatest of civil libirties that we take for granted is the right to your own opinion, even if it is against the established government. What if the government oversteps its bounds and becomes a mockery of its foundations (oh, wait, it always has been...)? Opposing viewpoints are an important check.

tiffdud41
03-02-2007, 03:25 AM
what he said :)

haha

DeltaSigChi4
03-02-2007, 07:01 AM
http://www.obeygiant.com/photos/nyc_12_06/bowerycop.gif

E

TomAz
03-02-2007, 07:04 AM
nice to see Woody Guthrie's famous "This Machine Kills Fascists" has been co-opted and is being sold for profit now. God forbid its commercial potential should remain untapped.

DeltaSigChi4
03-02-2007, 07:08 AM
http://www.obeygiant.com/merch/interpolcarlos.jpg

E

DeltaSigChi4
03-06-2007, 12:02 PM
http://www.obeygiant.com/merch/peacegoddess_red.jpg

E

TomAz
03-06-2007, 12:04 PM
you're a dick.

codytwo
03-06-2007, 12:18 PM
its true.

BoneDaddy
03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
STATED

All That I Am
03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/userpics/walktheline.jpg

adamnikyo
03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Delta, you're unemployed and you sit on a message board all day long.
You regurgitate the ideas and passion of people who acted on their beliefs. You're a fake. A wannabe. Even Zach de la Rocha would laugh in your face. Stop exposing the joke that is your life.

TomAz
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
He's a dick.

All That I Am
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/lostjedi21/R2D2-Dog-thumb.jpg

All That I Am
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1234517/1/istockphoto_1234517_i_m_with_stupid_graffiti.jpg

artisticcreator
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm going to randomly place some of these hand made stickers at Coachella this year! We gotta spread the word!

420 TO DISARM

http://www.artsig.com/go/works/view?id=45357

TomAz
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
stickers are well documented to influence people's worldviews

invisiblerobots
03-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Magnets too
http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/emptygesture.jpg

codytwo
03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Uhhh, adam? He's not unemployed. He has a fledgling career as an Ultimate Fighter. That's right. Fucking ULTIMATE.

TomAz
03-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Stated.

adamnikyo
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
He's a fake.

codytwo
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
an ULTIMATE faker?

crazzz2007
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
He's a dick.

indeed. but i doubt that he has a dick. if he does have one, it's tiny.

TomAz
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
right. he's a textbook overcompensator. but he's still a dick.

codytwo
03-07-2007, 11:59 AM
yeah. total dick.

crazzz2007
03-07-2007, 12:08 PM
he's the dickest person on these boards

SubBass49
03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Except for that one guy who kept posting new threads trying to put someone on blast for selling their camping pass...that guy was pretty dickish. What ever happened to that guy?

crazzz2007
03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Except for that one guy who kept posting new threads trying to put someone on blast for selling their camping pass...that guy was pretty dickish. What ever happened to that guy?

subbass, you and deltasigchi should hook up. you guys would make a great couple.

and if you don't mind, let me give you some advice.....stop posting on here. you have nothing relevant to say.

SubBass49
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Why thanks for the suggestion that I hook up with deltasigchi, but I don't swing that way. I know, i know...you say it's fun to get hairy man-love, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

As for your other advice, check out some other threads and see what I bring to the conversation...compare it to what you bring, and then go sit in the corner & weep like the sad excuse for a human that you are.

I mean, in a thread of artwork by Shepard Fairey, you would think that my saying, "Personally I enjoy the artwork...I'm a big Shepard Fairey fan...anything by BLKMRKT and Obey tends to rock. In fact, I'm entering a piece in the "Yo, What Happened to Peace" show in Rome, and Shepard Fairey has some work in it" would be irrelevant.

Guess you're not a big dictionary fan huh?

=)

SubBass49
03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
and......bump

crazzz2007
03-08-2007, 02:38 AM
I mean, in a thread of artwork by Shepard Fairey, you would think that my saying, "Personally I enjoy the artwork...I'm a big Shepard Fairey fan...anything by BLKMRKT and Obey tends to rock. In fact, I'm entering a piece in the "Yo, What Happened to Peace" show in Rome, and Shepard Fairey has some work in it" would be irrelevant.

Guess you're not a big dictionary fan huh?

=)

ummmm, which word am i supposed to look up in the dictionary, you idiot? do you really think shepard fairy is gonna be defined in a dictionary? do you want me to look up Rome? do you want me to look up the really long words you used, like "suggestion" and "irrelevant"?

if you think any of the words you used requires the use of a dictionary, you are obviously simpleminded. i know your kind, you always carry a thesaurus around to dig up scholarly words, to make yourself "appear" to be intelligent.

stop tooting your own horn, bitch. first, you quote yourself from a prior post in a hilarious attempt at seeming intelligent. second, you bump your pathetic post to show off. the funny thing is, you truly believe that your quote is an example of your amazing wit and intellect. please, nothing you write is remotely insightful.

and shepard fairy is no artist. he is a plagiarist and a hack. like you. this must be why you enjoy his work.

SubBass49
03-08-2007, 04:42 AM
Oh crazzz2007...you so craaaazzzyyyy...

1. You said, "stop posting on here. you have nothing relevant to say."

--- I answered that with an extremely relevant post from this very thread (shock).

--- Any idiot with a basic understanding of the english language could probably figure out that I was suggesting you throw around words like "relevant" without a clue as to what it means, or because you think it makes you appear smarter. In reality though, it made you look border-line retarded. Enjoy!

2. You say, "if you think any of the words you used requires the use of a dictionary, you are obviously simpleminded"

--- Unfortunately, words like "relevant" and "irrelevant" seem beyond your comprehension level, so it looks like a dictionary is exactly what you need. Don't blame me for you shortcomings.

3. You say, "stop tooting your own horn, bitch."

--- Please show me where I did this. I mean, I could always try to be like you and start 4 threads on the same damn thing in different categories. Or I could start threads about the poster design that Coachella uses, the spotlights not lining up right, or "the" bands. woot.

4. You also said, "first, you quote yourself from a prior post in a hilarious attempt at seeming intelligent."

--- Not so much to appear intelligent, but to make you look like an ass. I don't like you much, in case you haven't figured that little gem out yet. You argue like a 5 year old. You throw around vocab that you don't know the meaning of. You seemingly do nothing but bitch in most of your posts. When I come across someone like that, I enjoy helping to illustrate their idiocy for the rest of the world who maybe hasn't had the chance to enjoy it yet the way I have. Oh, and bumping the thread was for the same reason. In past threads you've talked shit to me quite a bit, only to let it slide into oblivion as the thread dies, thus avoiding answering the issues and questions I posed. Not this time.

5. You said, "the funny thing is, you truly believe that your quote is an example of your amazing wit and intellect. please, nothing you write is remotely insightful"

--- I don't think there's anything incredible or intellectual about posting something about Shepard Fairey in a thread of artwork by Shepard Fairey. If that's your idea of intellectualism, then I think we may have found our problem...the root of the issue. You hate feeling dumb so you lash out as percieved attempts to "go over your head" with intellect. Is that it? You remind me of the fictional character that Stephen Colbert portrays..."Not a big fan of facts..."

6. And your final gem, "and shepard fairy is no artist. he is a plagiarist and a hack. like you. this must be why you enjoy his work."

--- This was the best...glad you saved it for last. I'd like you to show me where Shepard Fairey is a plagiarist.

Go ahead...I'll wait.

Give me links. And don't just link to a site about Soviet propaganda posters...because that obviously was influential in his work, but he isn't a plagiarist. If you knew anything about his history, the entire OBEY campaign, etc, then you would know that he has earned his stripes. He's an artist, a designer, and a talented individual. If you don't believe so, then do better. If you can't do better then shut the fuck up. Sound fair?

But yeah...if you want to throw around accusations, then back it up with evidence. Why do you think I'd enjoy the work of a plagiarist and a hack by the way? Just curious. Of course, like every questions I ask, you're sure to avoid this one as well. Oh well...fun for all.

=)

crazzz2007
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
no need to respond to utter nonsense. i'm not gonna get in a pissing match with a wanna be intellect.

Hannahrain
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
no need to respond to utter nonsense. i'm not gonna get in a pissing match with a wanna be intellect.

A more intellectual way of saying this would have been, "SubBass49, I am shocked and appalled at the nonsensical nature of your discourse, and I in no way want to partake."

just sayin.

TomAz
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't necessarily think he's a plagiarist. He's just dull.

crazzz2007
03-08-2007, 03:38 PM
A more intellectual way of saying this would have been, "SubBass49, I am shocked and appalled at the nonsensical nature of your discourse, and I in no way want to partake."

just sayin.

i could have said that. but i choose not to conversate in that tone. i'm a man of the people. i use simple language to express complicated thoughts.

codytwo
03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
He's an artist, a designer, and a talented individual. If you don't believe so, then do better. If you can't do better then shut the fuck up. Sound fair?

Most people who criticize art, aren't artists. This is beside the point. And Shepard Fairey, in my opinion, doesn't have much new to offer to the world.

SubBass49
03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Hahaha...oohhhhhh...kaaaaayyyyy crazzz2007. Keep making excuses. Just don't be surprised when I talk shit from time to time...especially when you say stuff that challenges me, and then don't address what I say in response. It's a sad little cat & mouse game you play, but very telling about you as a person.

You said, "no need to respond to utter nonsense. i'm not gonna get in a pissing match with a wanna be intellect"

I think it's pretty lame that you talk shit and then ignore what I write because you're too dense to make a logical argument. If you had any balls at all, you'd tell me what part of my post was "utter nonsense." And by the way...a person who uses their intellect is called an "intellectual"...not an "intellect."

Peace.

-- J

EDIT: By the way, it's in my opinion that you were just talking out your ass before, and couldn't back up a damn thing you said...that's why you came up with your lame little excuse of not wanting to get into a pissing match. I asked some questions, and you answered none of them. I requested that you back up the stuff you said...and you didn't. Just wanted to make that clear.

SubBass49
03-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Codytwo -

That's fine that you feel that way, but he has taken a previously used style and adapted it to newer technology and added/altered the style somewhat. If you look at the progression of his work from his early OBEY campaign through his current poster design, you'll see a definite style shift...a sophistication is starting to emerge. And there is also no denying the influence his work has had on popular culture. You don't have to like it, but it's my humble opinion that you should respect it. Personally I like it.

Also, an artist doesn't need to innovate to be talented. Rembrandt painted damn well, but othe people painted in a similar style before he came along. There were TONS of surrealists, but Dali gets all the attention...did he invent the style? nope. Not judging your personal take on the stuff, just pointing out other similar situations within art history.

Peace.

crazzz2007
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Hahaha...oohhhhhh...kaaaaayyyyy crazzz2007. Keep making excuses. Just don't be surprised when I talk shit from time to time...especially when you say stuff that challenges me, and then don't address what I say in response. It's a sad little cat & mouse game you play, but very telling about you as a person.

You said, "no need to respond to utter nonsense. i'm not gonna get in a pissing match with a wanna be intellect"

I think it's pretty lame that you talk shit and then ignore what I write because you're too dense to make a logical argument. If you had any balls at all, you'd tell me what part of my post was "utter nonsense." And by the way...a person who uses their intellect is called an "intellectual"...not an "intellect."

Peace.

-- J

i'm not ignoring what you wrote. i just find nothing of substance to respond to.

crazzz2007
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Codytwo -

That's fine that you feel that way, but he has taken a previously used style and adapted it to newer technology and added/altered the style somewhat. If you look at the progression of his work from his early OBEY campaign through his current poster design, you'll see a definite style shift...a sophistication is starting to emerge. And there is also no denying the influence his work has had on popular culture. You don't have to like it, but it's my humble opinion that you should respect it. Personally I like it.

Also, an artist doesn't need to innovate to be talented. Rembrandt painted damn well, but othe people painted in a similar style before he came along. There were TONS of surrealists, but Dali gets all the attention...did he invent the style? nope. Not judging your personal take on the stuff, just pointing out other similar situations within art history.

Peace.

like i said, nothing of substance.

crazzz2007
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
And by the way...a person who uses their intellect is called an "intellectual"...not an "intellect."

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Intellect: a person with great intellectual powers

This is exactly why i will no longer engage in any sort of debate with you. You are a hack, a wannabe.

codytwo
03-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Codytwo -

Peace.

Other surrealists took a completely different approach than Dali. They kicked him out, actually. Surrealists wanted to depict the subconscious, Dali wanted to paint in a dreamlike style. Dali may be the most popular surrealist, and may be what most people consider surrealism, but in the strictest sense, he is not representative of the style.

codytwo
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
And the qualm I have with Shepard Fairey is that his work is too EASY. Its irony for the sake of irony. Its like "Look at this, its like propaganda, but not really." And that's all he has to offer or say about anything.

SubBass49
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM
CodyTwo-

I'm much more of a fan of Remedios Varo's work than of Dali's anyway...but you see what I mean though right? When you ask someone about surrealism...the first name coming up is Dali...9 times out of 10. He was a spin-off from the original goal of surrealism, yet successful and talented in his own right. Doesn't make him less of an artist...or de-value his work. The same may be said of Shepard Fairey, though he's not on the same level.

SubBass49
03-08-2007, 04:21 PM
i'm not ignoring what you wrote. i just find nothing of substance to respond to.

Are you kidding me? Can you read? I guess not if you honestly think this.

You're like a little kid that punches another kid in the face when he's not looking and then runs and hides and wont face him. You act like such a little bitch it's not even funny.

You know you're a moron, so you talk mad shit but when I ask you to back it up with facts or evidence you don't do it. My theory is that you're either afraid because you have no idea what you're talking about, or you had no facts or evidence in the first place. You'd rather attack me with baseless accusations and then claim to be above answering my questions in a logical way.

You remind me of George W. Bush in that way...in fact...you remind me of many hypocritical politicians in that way...

Maybe I'll go off and start 4 threads about how you're too fucking dumb to address the things you accuse me of...

nah...

That'd just be a waste of space...

like your brain.

-- J

SubBass49
03-08-2007, 04:22 PM
And the qualm I have with Shepard Fairey is that his work is too EASY. Its irony for the sake of irony. Its like "Look at this, its like propaganda, but not really." And that's all he has to offer or say about anything.

His original campaigns are about exploring the use of propaganda art, and the pre-conceived notions that are tied to it. OBEY was a sort of social experiment. It's actually quite interesting to read about the early campaign.

-- J

All That I Am
03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
will you assholes shut the fuck up!
I can barely see my total views posters stickers stencils billboards.

codytwo
03-08-2007, 04:57 PM
hahahahaha

codytwo
03-08-2007, 04:57 PM
you forgot onlines.

SubBass49
03-08-2007, 05:14 PM
LoL AllThat...

SubBass49
03-08-2007, 05:14 PM
btw - The Oompa Loompa dog rocks...

SubBass49
03-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Here's the stencil I just finished cutting for the gallery show (this is before I finished...still had to cut out the left side of the stencil)...bonus points if you can name the original poster I based it on...

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/766/111zk5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And here is the first test-spray of the stencil with a quarter on the upper right for size reference...it's gonna need to be stuck down better to avoid the blurry edges, but again, this was just a test-spray to check the cuts.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/195/1111nk0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

So yeah...lemme know what ya'll think.

Peace.

-- J

SubBass49
03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Shop I set up with the final spray of the stencil: http://www.cafepress.com/supersly_bush

-- J

codytwo
03-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Dick Tracy?

SubBass49
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
LoL...

SubBass49
03-13-2007, 09:35 PM
It actually looks like Bush when ya check it up close...not in the test spray, but in the final spray I did. I used spray adhesive on the back of the stencil & everything...almost tore the damn thing trying to get sharp edges with no underspray...

SubBass49
03-13-2007, 09:36 PM
The coat & hat are carry-overs from the original Superfly poster...

codytwo
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
oh i see. i thought dick tracy, but i realized it was bush.

SubBass49
03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Was it the oil wells or the mosque that gave it away? lol