PDA

View Full Version : The Default Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

Mr.Nipples
10-03-2007, 09:02 AM
my mom took one of my supergrass cd's...

Hannahrain
10-03-2007, 09:05 AM
I bought a Tom Waits poster yesterday. It's in greyscale, and so, all rolled up, it made it look like I was carrying a lead pipe with "Tom Waits" emblazoned on it in white.

To be honest, I'm such a fangirl that if there was such a thing as a Tom Waits lead pipe, I would probably have one.

RotationSlimWang
10-03-2007, 09:22 AM
"Don't make me go upside your head with this gravelly-voiced blues aesthetic, motherfucker. I'll rain all over your ass like Small Change."

canexplain
10-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I bought a Tom Waits poster yesterday. It's in greyscale, and so, all rolled up, it made it look like I was carrying a lead pipe with "Tom Waits" emblazoned on it in white.

To be honest, I'm such a fangirl that if there was such a thing as a Tom Waits lead pipe, I would probably have one.

so are you going to catch Tom at the bridge concert hanna.... canx**

canexplain
10-03-2007, 11:10 AM
i think i am talking to myself sometimes :) anyway, has anyone seen that cell phone that has the tiny little projection tv in it, so when you show a pic or vid from your phone to someone, you can display it on any surface and it looks like a 15" monitor on say a wall ... now thats pretty cool .... canx**

TomAz
10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/VAS/0000-3179-4~Spaten-Brau-Posters.jpg

disgustipated
10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
I bought a sixer of Spaten Hefe just last night.

TomAz
10-03-2007, 11:49 AM
I would like to be in Bavaria right now.

Yablonowitz
10-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm unsettled from watching The War on PBS.

amyzzz
10-03-2007, 12:05 PM
My kids had The War on PBS last weekend.

canexplain
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
BIGGEST GROSSING TOUR EVER ..... http://www.livedaily.com/news/12907.html canx**

amyzzz
10-03-2007, 02:25 PM
One of my co-workers just freaked out on another co-worker. Something about "Keep your opinions to yourself--this doesn't belong in the workplace!"
I'm waiting for the inevitable fistfight between a couple older ladies here. Nice.

amyzzz
10-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Nm. Manager came over and defused it. Damnit.

J~$$$
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
HOLY SHIT! top video on digg soooooo awesomenessssesessss....zpTJISyKGrA

J~$$$
10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
If they can do this just think of what they could do to you in your sleep....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=efb_1185118561

canexplain
10-04-2007, 02:08 PM
So I made a big ole bowl of raspberry, chipotle, peanut sauce, Mongolian chili oil, and of course two teaspoons of dave hot sauce for dip to take to work … put it in a box to drive to work, and the box tips over (trying to avoid a fire and a 3 car crash on the interstate) and it spills, entirely covering my new camera that was in the box with the bowl (my cell phone too but I hate that thing) …. I have been licking and cleaning that sucker all day ….. canx**

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2007, 02:19 PM
BIGGEST GROSSING TOUR EVER ..... http://www.livedaily.com/news/12907.html canx**

Fucking crazy...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Nm. Manager came over and defused it. Damnit.

What do you do Amy?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2007, 02:22 PM
I might be late on this but did anyone see this? Tessa?

Hanson guitarist hospitalised

Isaac Hanson suffers blood clot in his lungs
4 hours ago

Hanson guitarist Isaac Hanson was hospitalised in Texas yesterday (October 3) after complaining of severe chest pains following a performance in Dallas the previous night.

Hanson, 26, the eldest member of the Hanson brothers band, was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism, which occurs when a blood clot enters the lungs.

He is currently being evaluated by doctors at Baylor University Hospital in Dallas.

The band issued a statement saying they will make an announcement about the status of their US tour once doctors have completed their evaluations.

captncrzy
10-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Jesus, he's lucky they caught that. My boss almost died from a pulmonary embalism in her lungs when she was 28. She was told that they caught it within hours of her death. Scary.

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
sony has fun ads.

Here is the new commercial

http://bravia.sony.eu/bravia.html

Hannahrain
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
http://pangea.stanford.edu/courses/GES41L/motivation/apathy.gif

This is up in my workplace. Behind the scenes, of course. But it's there.

bballarl
10-04-2007, 09:02 PM
At work the other day I planned my upcoming shows. While my schedule won't hit 3/4 of the shows I listed, I realize that I like a lot of bands and Los Angeles provides places to see them.

Wheres the beef?
10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke/pictures/bad-motivational-posters/image005.jpg

Wheres the beef?
10-04-2007, 09:19 PM
http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke/pictures/bad-motivational-posters/image013.jpg

comiddle
10-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Random pictures?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/comiddle/ww4vuzit.jpg

Courtney
10-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi comiddle. How's it going? Have you set a wedding date yet?

comiddle
10-05-2007, 12:57 AM
January 24th! But not 2008. It'll be 2009. We'd like to move across the country and buy a house first.

Courtney
10-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Woohooo! Also our avatars kind of match! Except for not!

Wait where are you moving again? And why?

comiddle
10-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Mine's Bob. You've probably seen Bob a lot and not even realized it.

We're moving to Nova Scotia! Just outside Halifax would be ideal, but we'll see when we go there in the summer to look at potential places to settle down. We want to open a bed and breakfast or hostel. Something along those lines. So stoked.

Courtney
10-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Awesome. I will totes come stay in your bed and breakfast or hostel. If I can afford it. And if I can take time off the most awesome job that I will be finding for myself in the near future (positive thinking, here).

Does she also work in hospitality?

comiddle
10-05-2007, 01:09 AM
I'll hook you up with the Coachella Board discount.

What field are you looking in?

She a pastry chef / baker extraordinaire!

Courtney
10-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Wooohoo. Please bring her to Coachella this coming year and then I can kidnap her and ask her to teach me fancy baking tricks.

I am looking in the field of please-pay-me-so-I-can-pay-my-car-insurance. Also I have a M.A. in art history but I'm beginning to think maybe that's sort of irrelevant.

comiddle
10-05-2007, 01:30 AM
No dice. This year it was Mexico > Coachella. Next year it is Cuba > Coachella.

I suppose all the Starbucks jokes are old now, eh? I really suck at looking for new jobs. I pump myself up for a good job search almost monthly but give up 20 minutes later. Yeah... I'm stuck here until I get a mortgage.

Courtney
10-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Oh boooo. Although yeah. I would think hard about Cuba vs. Coachella too. Gotta go before it becomes legal and is totally overrun with American tourists!

Yeah job hunting is sort of eh. I look at craigslist occasionally and just get depressed. And then I go to the beach and forget about it and feel better.

comiddle
10-05-2007, 01:42 AM
You could just be a beach bum.
If I had the startup cash, I'd totally run a book distro. Or a sweet licensed cafe. Or combine the two. Yes. With a big stage to bring the punk rock. The Subhumans reunited. I did not know that until tonight.

Courtney
10-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Win. To all of the above.

Courtney
10-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Also I would fail as a beach bum because I get sunburnt too easily.

comiddle
10-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Weaksauce. I have to go audit shit now. Later yo.

Courtney
10-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Ok. Happy auditing.

canexplain
10-05-2007, 07:59 AM
I was talking with someone this morning and they said “Let’s all join together in anarchy” that seems like such an odd statement … canx**

ewiggy
10-05-2007, 09:40 AM
comiddle and mrs comiddle are pure class.

algunz
10-05-2007, 09:55 AM
But, two years without Coachella?
They must really love each other.

miscorrections
10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I would think hard about Cuba vs. Coachella too. Gotta go before it becomes legal and is totally overrun with American tourists!

do it. it's beyond worth it.

Mr.Nipples
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM
im watching star wars...

TomAz
10-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Save the (Celebrity) Children!
African family adopts Britney's kids.
By Ellen Tarlin
Posted Thursday, Oct. 4, 2007, at 5:19 PM ET

LOS ANGELES—A Malawi couple has completed adoption paperwork for Sean Preston Federline, 2, and Jayden James Federline, 1, after their mother, Britney Spears, lost custody of the children Monday.

It was Ms. Spears' inability to provide car seats that initially brought the plight of her children to the attention of the Malawi couple, who wish to remain anonymous, and who will be referred to here as Mr. and Mrs. M. But it was the widely circulated photograph of Ms. Spears' vagina that really drew their concern. "In our country, a good mother does not show her business to the press," Mrs. M said. "It is very bad luck." After Spears' "performance" at MTV's Video Music Awards, the adoptive couple knew they had to do something. "We could not allow innocent children to live under such horrific conditions anymore," they explained. "The Third World can no longer turn a blind eye to the tragedy affecting so many U.S. celebrity children."

Los Angeles, where the Federline children have been living, is one of the richest cities in the world, trapped in a seemingly endless cycle of depravity, narcissism, and veganism. Nearly 27 percent of the children in Los Angeles suffer the misfortune of having celebrity parents. Mr. and Mrs. M were stunned by the deplorable conditions these victims live in. Children are subject to verbal abuse via cell phone, and babies are dangled over balcony railings. "Fathers kill mothers, and then put out badly written books about it," Mr. M said. "And the names these children must bear," said Mrs. M. "Apple, Fifi Trixibell, Fuchsia, Moxie CrimeFighter, Pilot Inspektor, Sage Moonblood—what kind of future can these poor children have?"

And so they have circumvented the North American nation's adoption laws, which impose strict restrictions—including a law forbidding foreigners to remove from the country babies who have at least one legal parent.

The children's father, Kevin Federline, said, "I am the father of Sean Preston and Jayden James, who have been adopted. I am very happy because, as you can see, there is spiritual poverty in this village, and I know they will be very well looked after in Malawi. Peace out!"

But Mr. and Mrs. M are not content to save just two children. "After learning that there are thousands of biological celebrity 'orphans' in Hollywood, it is our wish to open up our hut and help them escape a life of extreme affluence, hardship, and in many cases, Scientology." And so they will set up a center in Los Angeles to facilitate the adoption of other celebrity children. Numerous couples have already come forward from Afghanistan, Cambodia, China, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Mongolia, North Korea, Vietnam, and other countries that can offer children a better life.

The response has been overwhelming. So far, couples have put in requests to adopt the offspring of O.J. Simpson, Anna Nicole Smith, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Michael Jackson, George and Laura Bush, and Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger. Inquiries have also been made about the Culkin kids, as well as Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and the Olsen twins, who clearly suffer from severe cases of malnutrition.

canexplain
10-05-2007, 06:22 PM
By Ellen Tarlin

LOS ANGELES—A Malawi couple has completed adoption paperwork for Sean Preston Federline, 2, and Jayden James Federline, 1, after their mother, Britney Spears, lost custody of the children Monday.

It was Ms. Spears' inability to provide car seats that initially brought the plight of her children to the attention of the Malawi couple, who wish to remain anonymous, and who will be referred to here as Mr. and Mrs. M. But it was the widely circulated photograph of Ms. Spears' vagina that really drew their concern. "In our country, a good mother does not show her business to the press," Mrs. M said. "It is very bad luck." After Spears' "performance" at MTV's Video Music Awards, the adoptive couple knew they had to do something. "We could not allow innocent children to live under such horrific conditions anymore," they explained. "The Third World can no longer turn a blind eye to the tragedy affecting so many U.S. celebrity children."

Los Angeles, where the Federline children have been living, is one of the richest cities in the world, trapped in a seemingly endless cycle of depravity, narcissism, and veganism. Nearly 27 percent of the children in Los Angeles suffer the misfortune of having celebrity parents. Mr. and Mrs. M were stunned by the deplorable conditions these victims live in. Children are subject to verbal abuse via cell phone, and babies are dangled over balcony railings. "Fathers kill mothers, and then put out badly written books about it," Mr. M said. "And the names these children must bear," said Mrs. M. "Apple, Fifi Trixibell, Fuchsia, Moxie CrimeFighter, Pilot Inspektor, Sage Moonblood—what kind of future can these poor children have?"

And so they have circumvented the North American nation's adoption laws, which impose strict restrictions—including a law forbidding foreigners to remove from the country babies who have at least one legal parent.

The children's father, Kevin Federline, said, "I am the father of Sean Preston and Jayden James, who have been adopted. I am very happy because, as you can see, there is spiritual poverty in this village, and I know they will be very well looked after in Malawi. Peace out!"

But Mr. and Mrs. M are not content to save just two children. "After learning that there are thousands of biological celebrity 'orphans' in Hollywood, it is our wish to open up our hut and help them escape a life of extreme affluence, hardship, and in many cases, Scientology." And so they will set up a center in Los Angeles to facilitate the adoption of other celebrity children. Numerous couples have already come forward from Afghanistan, Cambodia, China, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Mongolia, North Korea, Vietnam, and other countries that can offer children a better life.

The response has been overwhelming. So far, couples have put in requests to adopt the offspring of O.J. Simpson, Anna Nicole Smith, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Michael Jackson, George and Laura Bush, and Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger. Inquiries have also been made about the Culkin kids, as well as Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and the Olsen twins, who clearly suffer from severe cases of malnutrition.

thats so sad .. i have not been the best father, but i have 3 kids and they love me i hope, and i love them ... kids and old people .. i will defend them till i die .. canx**

miscorrections
10-05-2007, 10:05 PM
san diego people: have you ever gone to the balboa park haunted trails thing? my roommate and i are thinking about going and i'm curious as to what it's like.

thefunkylama
10-05-2007, 10:08 PM
i have never been, but i haven't heard of it, either. when did/will they start this thing?

miscorrections
10-05-2007, 10:11 PM
apparently this is its seventh year. they started running it on the 28th, it'll go through halloween. mostly i just want to know this year's theme, so i have an inkling of what to expect. pretty sure i'll be going tomorrow night.

thefunkylama
10-05-2007, 10:15 PM
aha! i will have to research this, then.

miscorrections
10-05-2007, 10:53 PM
oh. i heard on the radio that there's no completely cohesive theme but some bits of it will be about the movie halloween.

also now i'm weenie-ing out. i refuse to go without a group, i decided. the various video clips on youtube have copious amounts of screaming and i am the biggest baby ever.

algunz
10-05-2007, 10:55 PM
By Ellen Tarlin

Shared a lot of "har hars" and "how sads" with my family tonight over this one.

disgustipated
10-06-2007, 09:56 AM
san diego people: have you ever gone to the balboa park haunted trails thing? my roommate and i are thinking about going and i'm curious as to what it's like.

I thoroughly enoyed this last year. I am going tonight as well.

i do like the Hauntd Hotel in the Gaslamp better though.

Hannahrain
10-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I noticed this morning that my ipod lists Louis Armstrong as "easy listening". I can't help but be a little insulted on his behalf.

captncrzy
10-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Shit, I'm in San Diego tonight. I shoulda gone over there.

miscorrections
10-07-2007, 12:46 AM
so i ended up going and it was amazingly fun even though i'm a horrendous scaredy-cat. trust.

thefunkylama
10-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Awesome. I will go then.

Hannahrain
10-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I just tried to call in sick to work but nobody answered the phone. Those conniving bastards.

And, yesterday I got a letter from Unicef. Enclosed was a nickel, complete with a note telling me that I have no idea how much a mere nickel can assist starving children and so forth. What goddamn good does it do to send ME the nickel with a donation request? "See, Hannah? We sent you a nickel instead of sending it to someone who needs it. We're going to make good use of your donated funds by sending them to other people who don't need them and asking them for donations".

ewiggy
10-07-2007, 11:03 AM
please send the nickel back.

mountmccabe
10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
It's the charity donations version of a ponzi scheme!

mountmccabe
10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Also have I said yet that y'all are awesome with your avatars?

ewiggy
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
not yet, but feel free to say it as much as you'd like.

Mr.Nipples
10-07-2007, 05:19 PM
yeah that avatar offered up a momentary mind fuck...

is anyone in the bay area going to that exhibit at the tech museum with all the preserved cadavers?

sydaud
10-07-2007, 06:46 PM
While in Vegas this weekend I had the following for the first time: A double-double from In N Out (decent, liked the fries), del Taco (some sort of carbon (SP?) taco that was quite good), fish tacos from Baja Fresh (loved 'em) and FatBurger (which I thought absolutely sucked).

I did more than eat while I was there, but I thought someone might find it funny that someone had never eaten at any of these places.

mountmccabe
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
I've never eaten at FatBurger. Del Taco is several steps above Taco Bell but still Tex-Mex fast food though the Tacos del Carbon are a good, authentic choice. The fish tacos from Baja Fresh are fairly good... and another step up from Del Taco.

In'N'Out is, again, good for a fast food burger. I like the simplicity of their menu; they'ren't playing around with flash in the pan marketing names and items. The freshness of their food is also good.

Wheres the beef?
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Rubio's fish taco > Baha Fresh fish taco

full on idle
10-07-2007, 07:00 PM
is anyone in the bay area going to that exhibit at the tech museum with all the preserved cadavers?
The what in the where now?

ps I prefer fast food tex/mex over authentic. I said it. I don't need to eat any more soggy authentic burritos.

Wheres the beef?
10-07-2007, 07:11 PM
yeah that avatar offered up a momentary mind fuck...

I havent heard. whats going on?

Mr.Nipples
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
The what in the where now?

I havent heard. whats going on?

http://www.thetech.org/bodyworld/

sydaud
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I have never heard of Rubio's...but I do know that I ordered two of the Tacos del Carbon (thanks mount) and thought they were so good I went and ordered a 3rd while I was still there. The sauce on the fish tacos from Baha Fresh is what really worked for me.

ewiggy
10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
hey sydaud - i forget your name. i'm sorry.

how are syd and aud?

full on idle
10-07-2007, 07:31 PM

Right there you're looking at something that would postively HAUNT MY DREAMS. In short, not going.

sydaud
10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
hey sydaud - i forget your name. i'm sorry.

how are syd and aud?

Steve, lol..

Sydney and Audrey are good---I went to Vegas this weekend (obviously) and Audrey DEMANDED that I bring a Snickers home. I told her that I could just buy one when I got off the plane, but she said that I would do what she said...so I did, ha ha.

Mr.Nipples
10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Right there you're looking at something that would postively HAUNT MY DREAMS. In short, not going.

yeah a friend of mine went on thursday and hes been real wiggy since then. had a chance to go to a muscle museum while in japan but expenses phased that out so i was pretty psyched to see this coming through my neck of the woods...

hey sydaud, you had the fred mcgriff avatar right?

sydaud
10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I had the McGriff avatar. At some point it ceased to humor me, so he had to go.

mountmccabe
10-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Rubio's is another Southwest US fresh mexican style restaurant. It is similar to Baja Fresh but it probably does do a little better on the seafood items.

And authentic Mexican burros and burritos aren't necessarily soggy. It depends on what you get.

full on idle
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
SOGGY.

full on idle
10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Basically, taquerias need to learn about this invention called the slotted spoon.

miscorrections
10-07-2007, 08:38 PM

bodyworld is really, really neat. i highly recommend it.

full on idle
10-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Grody scientist.

miscorrections
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
SCIENCE IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE OK

GO LOOK AT BODIES OR YOU ARE DEAD TO ME

full on idle
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
S'been nice e-knowing ya.

miscorrections
10-07-2007, 08:53 PM
i'm going to pull an amy and pretend i didn't see that post.

TomAz
10-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Rubio's fish taco > Baha Fresh fish taco

I have never heard of Rubio's...but I do know that I ordered two of the Tacos del Carbon (thanks mount) and thought they were so good I went and ordered a 3rd while I was still there. The sauce on the fish tacos from Baha Fresh is what really worked for me.

Rubio's is another Southwest US fresh mexican style restaurant. It is similar to Baja Fresh but it probably does do a little better on the seafood items.

And authentic Mexican burros and burritos aren't necessarily soggy. It depends on what you get.

I have this love/hate thing with Rubio's. They take a portion of fish, bread it, and deep fat fry it, then throw it in a corn (not flour!) tortilla with shredded cabbage (not lettuce!) and squeeze some infused mayonaise concoction (not aioli!) on it. then you can take it to the "salsa bar" and put all sorts of stuff on it, including two different red salsas, a green salsa, some variety of small citrus, and jalepenos. I'm usually not one for deep fried fish, but the rest is pretty good, though I fear that the sanitation of the salsa bar is not what one might hope for. The whole package tastes pretty good though.

Mr.Nipples
10-07-2007, 10:20 PM
that was hilarious tom...

caco0283
10-07-2007, 10:21 PM
i farted

Wheres the beef?
10-07-2007, 10:30 PM
For my homemade fish tacos I use:

1 part salsa juice (no chunks)
1 part blue cheese dressing
1/2 part ceasar dressing

You might think its gross but it tastes oh so good on a fish taco.

ewiggy
10-08-2007, 03:40 AM
Steve, lol..

Sydney and Audrey are good---I went to Vegas this weekend (obviously) and Audrey DEMANDED that I bring a Snickers home. I told her that I could just buy one when I got off the plane, but she said that I would do what she said...so I did, ha ha.

i knew it was steve. i even almost typed it but then got confused because mr. thefunkylama is called steve. also that is very cute about the snickers. you're a push over.

OH - and bodyworlds is fucking bad ass. i saw the first one in 2004 when it was in LA. it was very fucking freaky. the best part was the man on a horse. insane!

miscorrections
10-08-2007, 10:43 AM
i went to the la one too! that exhibit spawned some weird behavior, though. somebody stole the plastinated unborn baby out of the body it was displayed in.

amyzzz
10-08-2007, 11:33 AM
i'm going to pull an amy and pretend i didn't see that post.
I don't pretend.

fiyahhh!
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
bodyworld is really, really neat. i highly recommend it.

I went to a similar exhibit last year in S.F. -- it was called the Universe Within -- plastinated bodies, etc... really interesting.

ewiggy
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
there is not even a wikipedia entry for that. i deem it irrelevant.

canexplain
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
i dont work mondays, and since today is a holiday :), i dont have to work tomorrow .... yeaaaaaaaaaa govt work ... canx**

full on idle
10-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Have you ever been so stressed out that you can basically do nothing but sit catatonic staring at your monitor watching words turn into blur? The number of meetings, off-site, on-site, conference calls, instructional sessions that I have to do this week combined with the fact that I've been put through an emotional meat grinder in the past week or so has got me to the point where I feel as though I might think about maybe jumping off the roof onto Market St.

I think I'm gonna come to LA. Let off some steam. What's happening this weekend?

ewiggy
10-08-2007, 02:31 PM
i want this hair so bad:

http://cms.pitchforkmedia.com/images/image/38804.sunsetrubdown05.jpg

ewiggy
10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Have you ever been so stressed out that you can basically do nothing but sit catatonic staring at your monitor watching words turn into blur? The number of meetings, off-site, on-site, conference calls, instructional sessions that I have to do this week combined with the fact that I've been put through an emotional meat grinder in the past week or so has got me to the point where I feel as though I might think about maybe jumping off the roof onto Market St.

i'm sorry. but i feel you.

I think I'm gonna come to LA. Let off some steam. What's happening this weekend?

AES ROCK, YO! on friday though. come on friday and go to aesssssss.

amyzzz
10-08-2007, 05:18 PM
i want this hair so bad:

http://cms.pitchforkmedia.com/images/image/38804.sunsetrubdown05.jpg
I used to have hair like that. In the 80's.

algunz
10-09-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry mis. Hope today is better.

algunz
10-09-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm now getting the residual victims of this story. The kids that were there and experienced this first hand are now in junior high. It saddens me to meet these children and realize that they and their families will never know themselves as they could have been. Their world and personalities for ever changed because of one crazy fucking freak.

Insanity The Defense In Child Killings Crime:

MAN WHO RAMMED SCHOOL KIDS FEARED `BRAIN WAVE MAKERS,' LAWYER SAYS.

Long Beach Press-Telegram Friday, August 18, 2000

by Cathy Franklin; City News Service Page number A7

SANTA ANA - A man authorities say killed two children by deliberately
ramming his car into a Costa Mesa preschool play yard was trying to
stop "brain wave makers" from controlling his life, his lawyer said
Thursday. In making his case that Steven Abrams, 40, was legally
insane at the time of the attack, Deputy Public Defender Leonard
Gumlia told a jury that the defendant was a paranoid schizophrenic.

The condition began to manifest itself in 1993, the lawyer said in
his opening statement, when Abrams was spurned by a woman with whom
he had a brief relationship. Abrams began to believe that "somebody
had brain wave technology that could control somebody's thoughts and
behavior," Gumlia said. The Santa Ana resident is charged with two
counts of murder, Abrams sseven counts of attempted murder and the
special circumstance allegation of multiple murder and lying in wait.

Sierra Beth Soto, 4, and Brandon Wiener, 3, died May 3, 1999, at the
Southcoast Early Childhood Learning Center, after being struck and
pinned beneath Abrams' 1967 Cadillac Coupe de Ville. Four other
children and a teacher's aide were injured.

Gumlia said that after Abrams' relationship with the woman
deteriorated, she got a restraining order, and he was accused of
violating it. He later pleaded guilty to stalking, but claimed
that "voices" had tricked him. "To his growing horror, he came to
know there was a conspiracy against him," Gumlia said, which included
the judge that handed him the short jail sentence for stalking.

He believed government agencies had devised machines "to read the
thoughts of ordinary citizens to see who was guilty" of wrongdoing,
and "may even insert thoughts of killing" so that the "scumbags" of
society would kill other "scumbags."

"Steve Abrams could not bear the thought of killing anyone," Gumlia
said. "He didn't want to kill.

"He tried to do things to get the brain wave makers to leave him
alone," Gumlia said. He held down a job and raised a daughter,
but "they continued to label him a killer."

Gumlia said his client "thought about killing children at the
preschool for two years. He thought about taking action almost
daily." The whole system needed to be exposed, he said, and in order
to do that he "needed to do something big."

"Hurting and killing innocent children was not the goal, in and of
itself," Gumlia said. "The brain wave makers may even try to kill Mr.
Abrams for this. Mr. Abrams had to get to the real `courtroom,' and
it would ultimately lead to his vindication ... he viewed the
children as necessary casualties of war."

Just before the ramming, Abrams encountered the woman who had spurned
him, and wondered if the encounter was a coincidence, or if the
invaders in his head "were trying to bring them back together,"
Gumlia said. "After six years of anguish, Steve Abrams broke."

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
today was a giant bummer day. personal issues, school issues, health issues AND my brother got put in rehab again this morning. i hate everything.

Is it off-limits to ask what he's in the 'hab for?

Bud Luster
10-09-2007, 01:55 PM
I have this love/hate thing with Rubio's. They take a portion of fish, bread it, and deep fat fry it, then throw it in a corn (not flour!) tortilla with shredded cabbage (not lettuce!) and squeeze some infused mayonaise concoction (not aioli!) on it. then you can take it to the "salsa bar" and put all sorts of stuff on it, including two different red salsas, a green salsa, some variety of small citrus, and jalepenos. I'm usually not one for deep fried fish, but the rest is pretty good, though I fear that the sanitation of the salsa bar is not what one might hope for. The whole package tastes pretty good though.

Rubios was founded/created by a San Diego State business student. Dont know what this has to w/ anything, but this is the default thread so wtf...

bballarl
10-09-2007, 02:00 PM
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I suppose I was asking about which drugs, but feel free to tell me to go fuck myself. And don't be so sure about having no choice but to stay--people run away from the hab all the time. Unless he's underage they can't hold him against his will at all.

TomAz
10-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Oct. 10, 2007

Pop superstar Madonna is close to leaving Warner Music for a virtually unprecedented 10-year, $120 million deal with concert promotion giant Live Nation Inc., according to people familiar with the deal. The deal, which marks the latest seismic shift to rock the music industry, would give Madonna a rich mix of cash and stock in exchange for the rights to sell three studio albums, promote concert tours, sell merchandise and license her name.

caco0283
10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
so tonight brus room is auctioning off firefighters.....im going to head out there and pick up on some rich women.....expect something great in the drunk thread later on tonight

J~$$$
10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Thats my boy caco. Firefighter auctions are exceptional places to hook-up with drunk women. A couple of my lady friends go to them and when they get back they are usually overly excited. I cant wait to read your stories later.

TomAz
10-10-2007, 04:11 PM
emancipate yourself from mental slavery
none but ourselves can free our mind

J~$$$
10-10-2007, 04:18 PM
emancipate yourself from mental slavery
none but ourselves can free our mind

New Negro Spirit? Or more in the way of Haile Selassie?

TomAz
10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
have no fear for atomic energy
cause none of them can stop the time

J~$$$
10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Are you practicing your religious beliefs on company time?MorR04iLtMw&mode

TomAz
10-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I bet he'd get tipped more if he shared.

HAAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAAA.

Hannahrain
10-11-2007, 08:24 AM
This commercial made me chuckle. Mostly just the end, where they all walk away.

1pczO2o2ylE

J~$$$
10-11-2007, 08:32 AM
That commercial was awesome hannah.

Heres one for you. EDIT
HMWM2xO7tYk&mode

J~$$$
10-11-2007, 11:33 AM
wow.

Wffwg7pA0t8&eurl

Hannahrain
10-11-2007, 11:35 AM
You look good in that leotard.

Jenniehoo
10-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Couldn't they just let her play? Why let the music compete with her?

These videos are really tripping me out today.

J~$$$
10-11-2007, 11:39 AM
You look good in that leotard.

Im made it by myself.

I wonder if stacy used her kids bike handlebar tassels for her flair.

disgustipated
10-11-2007, 11:46 AM
I want a trumpet that shoots lasers.

amyzzz
10-11-2007, 11:55 AM
I want a trumpet that shoots lasers.
Bring it over to my house this weekend, mmkay?

samiksha
10-11-2007, 12:14 PM
i want/need a trumpet. i don't suppose anyone can recommend a brand?

bballarl
10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Anyone see Justice on Kimmel? Pretty funny.

Wheres the beef?
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Anyone see Justice on Kimmel? Pretty funny.

Hilarious!

KCjheCusIso

Mr.Nipples
10-11-2007, 01:30 PM
i want/need a trumpet. i don't suppose anyone can recommend a brand?

if you got the cash, get an OLD selmer...

samiksha
10-11-2007, 01:44 PM
hmm, how much cash?

samiksha
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
when i was playing before, i think it was a stradivarius. but i'm not sure. i was just sort of borrowing it. i have no idea which are considered better quality or what's fair as far as price goes.

Mr.Nipples
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
my little brother is a pretty serious trumpet player and he has a 79 selmer he got for grand...i want a mini-trumpet like the guy from fishbone...

samiksha
10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
hahaha, okay. thanks.

Jenniehoo
10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
OK - last post.

I want to devote this to all the people on youtube who put cheesy songs over their favorite movies or plot lines in tv shows. It makes me laugh. (Some of these may have been posted at some point already - not trying to steal thunder - just making a one stop receptacle for my favorites...)

The Office:
vBGA2fj71bw

Harry Potter:

frisdgGI-8I

Friends:

37XjlAk2cxM

Arrested Development (I actually kind of love this one):

kYVnosKj8i4

LOST:

2UC6vXOz44M

Yablonowitz
10-11-2007, 08:21 PM
wow.

Wffwg7pA0t8&eurl

J$ - may God bless you and keep you for all of your days on Earth.

caco0283
10-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Thats my boy caco. Firefighter auctions are exceptional places to hook-up with drunk women. A couple of my lady friends go to them and when they get back they are usually overly excited. I cant wait to read your stories later.

go to the drunk thread my friend

canexplain
10-12-2007, 10:51 AM
this is sickening, not in a cool way either ... canx**

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/12/doping.immigrants/index.html

algunz
10-12-2007, 11:06 AM
That is ricockulous.

At least take 'em out on the town, get 'em wasted and throw them on the plane the nxt morning.

J~$$$
10-12-2007, 11:16 AM
OK - last post.

I want to devote this to all the people on youtube who put cheesy songs over their favorite movies or plot lines in tv shows. It makes me laugh. (Some of these may have been posted at some point already - not trying to steal thunder - just making a one stop receptacle for my favorites...)

The most over used song eva

npMAzDbeBkA
5uUz9AxfT8U

J~$$$
10-12-2007, 11:35 AM
OMG!!!!!! best ever.YnYObFcq8wo

thinnerair
10-12-2007, 12:40 PM
http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2007/10/12/Australian_artist_grafts_a_third_ear_onto_his_fore arm

J~$$$
10-12-2007, 03:21 PM
digg makes me laugh now and then....

Title: Carmen Sandiego finally found

http://sabretooth.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/81/81c2b2718894a0d44b658408abf73e31d7ba54d4.jpg

canexplain
10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
digg makes me laugh now and then....

Title: Carmen Sandiego finally found

http://sabretooth.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/81/81c2b2718894a0d44b658408abf73e31d7ba54d4.jpg

watch it J$$$ thats my mom in the pic :) .... go rockies .... canx**

Hannahrain
10-12-2007, 09:11 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2289/1557163905_eeea9c8702_o.jpg

algunz
10-12-2007, 09:13 PM
That should be DeLaHoya on the mike.

Mr.Nipples
10-12-2007, 09:16 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/hahahahahhaha.jpg

algunz
10-12-2007, 09:17 PM
She is such a pretty girl. Why does she fuck with it so much?

Jenniehoo
10-13-2007, 05:55 AM
I was really drunk last night. I apologize to all of you. I'm not proud of myself.

full on idle
10-13-2007, 11:25 AM
How could you even see at 5:55 am this morning

bballarl
10-13-2007, 07:42 PM
KEVIN RILEY WHAT THE FUCK JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING GOD DAMMIT FUCK FUCK FUCK

Wheres the beef?
10-14-2007, 03:47 PM
SNL finally found a winner:

1vsxhoBIKgE

caco0283
10-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I was really drunk last night. I apologize to all of you. I'm not proud of myself.

what did i miss

J~$$$
10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Apparently Im Hoo's magical bitch.

canexplain
10-14-2007, 04:29 PM
so you think we will play today Justin ?? canx**

J~$$$
10-15-2007, 11:23 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/pumpkin.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/pumpkin1.jpg

mountmccabe
10-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah so I actually want to start a site that does reviews of reviews. And, maybe occasionally has features reviewing/discussing reviewers or review sites and the review process. For albums and live shows too. Maybe eventually (when we get a bigger staff) expanding into movie and television reviews. And so on until we're talking about voting on comments on amazon.com and shit.

The biggest problem with this is that I would need to start reading reviews. Dammit.

TomAz
10-15-2007, 01:52 PM
staff? wow. hope you're well capitalized.

Mr.Nipples
10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/PIZZA.jpg
anyone care to give me a good pizza recipe, preferably one youve used yourself...

thefunkylama
10-15-2007, 02:44 PM
That guy should not have a tattoo of food on his arm.

He clearly hasn't eaten in years.

J~$$$
10-15-2007, 02:46 PM
beef supreme.

Courtney
10-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I found a corporate credit card on the side of the road while walking to yoga class yesterday. I didn't use it, but I totally did google the person and the company before cutting up the card.

TomAz
10-15-2007, 03:43 PM
and? don't leave us hanging here c.

Courtney
10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Anticlimactic. (http://www.google.com/search?&q=%22Makaala+Productions%22)

miscorrections
10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
i'm naming my first cat mittens romney.

Hannahrain
10-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I've recently become the owner of many of my great-grandmother's personalized towels. Her initials were M, L, and F. At first glance, it looks as though I have spent a fortune on expensive towels with "MILF" embroidered on them.

bballarl
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
I just bought some expensive towels and had "MILF" embroidered on them.

Hannahrain
10-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I propose a pumpkin carving contest later in the month. If people are interested, I will work out the details, and a prize and so on.

If people aren't, then I take it back. What contest?

J~$$$
10-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I need a stencil photo of Yablo stat for this contest.

Mr.Nipples
10-16-2007, 11:42 AM
im down...

amyzzz
10-16-2007, 12:24 PM
I have a big orange pumpkin and a tiny baby albino pumpkin. I'll lose, but I'm in.

J~$$$
10-16-2007, 12:25 PM
HOLY SHIT SPACE MONIEZ!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7029564.stm

Hannahrain
10-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Holy Moses. DO WANT.

J~$$$
10-16-2007, 12:27 PM
How can I score some quick quid?

amyzzz
10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
That's fuckin awesome.

J~$$$
10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I just ordered two of these bad boys.

http://www.the-backup.com/buy/commercial.php

miscorrections
10-16-2007, 04:04 PM
hannah, do the pumpkin carving contest; i'll try to do something wildly elaborate and fail spectacularly.

comiddle
10-16-2007, 05:26 PM
There's going to be a Virgin Festival in Calgary next year. I probably won't go. Yup. But I do work a block away.

rage patton
10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
HOLY SHIT SPACE MONIEZ!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7029564.stm

So wait... this isnt a joke?

There's going to be a Virgin Festival in Calgary next year. I probably won't go. Yup. But I do work a block away.

Hopefully its better than the one Vancover got this year.

Mr.Nipples
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
i want to rob this guys house...
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/174718661pxAbEV?start=0
i wont post the rest as theres about 100 other pedals filled with gear...
i just heard a HUM song on a cadillac commercial...

J~$$$
10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
http://www.ohgizmo.com/2007/10/16/terpstra-midi-keyboard-needs-more-keys/

J~$$$
10-17-2007, 02:36 PM
5ks1u0A8xdU&eurl

Using tilt motions, the player moves a character through rooms that appear inside one of several cubes on a table. Each room is logically connected by a series of doors, though some doors lead nowhere (they are traps).

The player has 2 minutes to find the exit of each cube, leading the character into the entrance of the next..

Work is also being done to use invisible markers such that the cube itself appears entirely white to the naked eye.

Cpt. Funkaho
10-17-2007, 02:46 PM
man, something about the way the video jumps on the face of the cube looks really fake... like they just chromakeyed the surface of the cube and threw video on there.

It could totally be real and the jumpiness is part of the way that it works, but that's just the impression I got.

Hannahrain
10-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm taking suggestions for halloween.

On halloween, there will be four of us working in the store. We want to do it in costume. We've already exhausted all the obvious four-person costumes (KISS, The Beatles, The Ninja Turtles). Ideas are appreciated. If we can't come up with anything, then we're going to be Nikki Sixx. Each one of us.

We're also thinking about ZZ Top with one groupie.

amyzzz
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm thinking of that girl with the ankle socks and high heels. That look should be about ready to come back in style.

Mr.Nipples
10-17-2007, 11:13 PM
M5-vsTxKUkM

thefunkylama
10-17-2007, 11:27 PM
i am feeling unusually angsty tonight.

miscorrections
10-17-2007, 11:28 PM
alma you were in chat and then i went away for a while and i meant to get in chat when i came back but then i came back and no one was in chat and my world is shattered and i'm broken.

thefunkylama
10-17-2007, 11:32 PM
sh sh sh sh, it's okay. I'm here now. You can come back to chat.

rage patton
10-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm taking suggestions for halloween.

On halloween, there will be four of us working in the store. We want to do it in costume. We've already exhausted all the obvious four-person costumes (KISS, The Beatles, The Ninja Turtles). Ideas are appreciated. If we can't come up with anything, then we're going to be Nikki Sixx. Each one of us.

I vote everyone dresses up as Nikki Sixx. Seriously.

Pictures must follow.

ZZ Top would get my next vote Though. Or... how about the 3 Stooges? With one groupie.

amyzzz
10-18-2007, 02:49 AM
It's 2:48am and I've got a fucking headache for no reason. I blame Yellow 5.

edit: I love that my little dog will follow me anywhere even when it's in the middle of the fucking night. That's loyalty there. He looks like a little teddy bear too.

Mr.Nipples
10-18-2007, 12:09 PM
tL3mFPhyk94
idaho falls is a shithole...

bballarl
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I just ran into Shia LeBeouf at Robek's on my lunch break. He looked a grungey skate kid.

ewiggy
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
i hope you made out.

thefunkylama
10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm disowning my entire family starting.... now.

miscorrections
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
if it would make you feel better, i can write you into my up-and-coming musical.

thefunkylama
10-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Yes. Write me in as the only person who works towards getting a certain goal accomplished, and then has that goal changed to something radically different making all the hard work and effort basically meaningless and god damnit they could have told me BEFORE i went and spent like $150 or more jesus christ on the cross i hate them.

Wheres the beef?
10-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes. Write me in as the only person who works towards getting a certain goal accomplished, and then has that goal changed to something radically different making all the hard work and effort basically meaningless and god damnit they could have told me BEFORE i went and spent like $150 or more jesus christ on the cross i hate them.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f209/carbine000/02-lama.jpg

thefunkylama
10-18-2007, 10:47 PM
That. Is one sweet 'do. And might actually kind of resemble a style I once sported in grade school.

except my teeth were never that disgusting.

Wheres the beef?
10-18-2007, 11:01 PM
That. Is one sweet 'do. And might actually kind of resemble a style I once sported in grade school.

except my teeth were never that disgusting.

I thought so to. You must have also gone to the dentist since then.

comiddle
10-19-2007, 03:24 AM
It was only today that I "got" "Stefinitely Maybe". Yeah... obviously not an Oasis fan here.

amyzzz
10-19-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure where to put this. Explosions in the Sky on Austin City Limits on PBS tonight. I saw the commercial right before the puppet show "Big, Big World" came on this morning. Love PBS.

miscorrections
10-19-2007, 08:45 PM
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=tryork5ifp&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&page=1

mountmccabe
10-19-2007, 09:09 PM
How does that happen? That's a bit of amazingosity right there.

Oh, wait, those're just feedbacks he left for others. Still a mighty fine collection.

Mr.Nipples
10-19-2007, 09:33 PM
both my hands got crunched under a washing machine while at work today so im going to take a few days off from here as it hurts like all hell to even wave...this sentence alone took about 2 minutes to write...

Hannahrain
10-19-2007, 09:37 PM
How does that happen? That's a bit of amazingosity right there.

Oh, wait, those're just feedbacks he left for others. Still a mighty fine collection.

He bought this. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320168218162) And some children's books and figurines.

Hannahrain
10-19-2007, 09:38 PM
And OW, Mr. Nipples. Get the goddamn things on ice already. See you in a few days (:().

samiksha
10-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Explosions in the Sky on Austin City Limits on PBS tonight.

i thought that was incredibly boring.

samiksha
10-20-2007, 02:25 AM
i can't fucking sleep and i have the worst toothache of all timmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee grumblegrumblegrumblegrumble
who's had their wisdom teeth taken out? let's talk about it. mine isn't out, it's coming in.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 10:35 AM
I felt fine the first few hours after I got my wisdom teeth out. So I tried being active, which was a massive, massive mistake. The pain became a splitting, excruciating orgy of pain. It felt like the wound was ripping itself apart in my mouth. This continued for five hours straight until I finally fell asleep. It was miserable.

miscorrections
10-20-2007, 10:39 AM
when i got mine out it didn't hurt at all. i was up and about the next day, no problems, perfectly fine. i couldn't stop playing with the sutures; they came out a little early but the holes had already closed so no harm done.

Hannahrain
10-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I had all my wisdom teeth out one week, and then a root canal the next. After the wisdom teeth came out, the oral surgeon gave me a little mini gift basket thing that was full of candy and a gift certificate to coldstone.

They were killing me before I had them out, so I was relieved of a lot of pain. But nothing hurt that badly afterwards. It was more of just a general soreness. I didn't have to take any of the pain pills they prescribed or anything. Not that I didn't take any, but I didn't HAVE to.

sonofhal
10-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I still have mine, and you can't have them without a fight!

TomAz
10-20-2007, 11:04 AM
wisdom teeth removal: pain factor 6.5

oral surgery years later to remove jawbone cyst caused by dentist's mistake in removing wisdom teeth: 8.0

tripping and falling at boy scout camp, putting hand out to break fall, and putting it right in the hot coals of the campfire: 8.5

bark scorpion sting: 9.5

doctor removing fingernail without anesthetic: 10.0

miscorrections
10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
breaking clavicle: 8.0
tonsillectomy: 20.0

TomAz
10-20-2007, 11:07 AM
you've obviously never had your fingernail yanked out, roots and all, by a sadistic ER doc.

miscorrections
10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
no, but i did get third degree burns in my throat over last christmas break. god bless my tonsils.

TomAz
10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
ouch. were you doing flaming shots?

miscorrections
10-20-2007, 11:11 AM
no, that's what a tonsillectomy entails. that's how they get rid of them now - they burn them out.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 11:16 AM
I got my tonsils out in Kindergarten. I puked like 5 times immediately afterwards because I had swallowed so much blood. I had my adhnoids (I'm sure that is misspelled) taken out too because I evidently used to snore really loud. I did not, however, have third degree burns in my throat.

miscorrections
10-20-2007, 11:17 AM
what, did they cut your tonsils out? that's archaic.

samiksha
10-20-2007, 11:18 AM
how much down time did you guys need after getting em taken out?

edit: the wisdom teeth that is

Hannahrain
10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Jumping off a swing and landing on a pile of boards, with a quartet of rusty nails embedding themselves in my kneecap (age 6): 100,000,000
Arguing with the nurse who told me I needed tetanus shots in my ass: Priceless

"I DIDN'T FALL ON MY BUTT. I FELL ON MY KNEE. DIDN'T THEY TEACH YOU THE DIFFERENCE IN NURSE SCHOOL?"

Or something along those lines. It's been a while. I don't remember verbatim.

miscorrections
10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
i just slept that day and was out and about the next.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 11:21 AM
how much down time did you guys need after getting em taken out?

edit: the wisdom teeth that is

I felt good by the end of the second day. If I had rested the first day instead of being an idiot I'm sure it would have been sooner.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 11:22 AM
what, did they cut your tonsils out? that's archaic.

Kindergarten. So like, 1993. Bobby's World was still on TV.

samiksha
10-20-2007, 11:29 AM
the one time i had strep throat was the sickest i've ever been i think.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Strep throat is about as much fun as watching USC football.

mountmccabe
10-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I had two of my wisdom teeth out when I was ~18; I was groggy afterwards but fine, really. And I was completely fine the next day.

I had two more out three or four years ago and missed Modest Mouse but otherwise it was the same. Oh yeah I watched the video that came with the Polyphonic Spree's second album. And also the second Harry Potter movie. And an old Miyazaki movie. Though maybe that was the next day?

Cpt. Funkaho
10-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I had all my wisdom teeth out this summer... pain was minimal. I threw up once because I took the Vicodin they prescribed, so after that I didn't take any more. My cheeks didn't swell at all either, which was kind of surprising.

In my case, the reason I didn't have any swelling was probably due to being really good about keeping ice on for the first day or two afterward. You look like a dork, but it's totally worth it.

Mr.Nipples
10-20-2007, 03:21 PM
getting pushed by some asshole at an ice skating rink and cracking your head open in front of the majority of the 1998 san jose sharks roster...9.00

bumper31
10-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Is this true? Did it actually happen?

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!
This is the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval
ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October,

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid
a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert
YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND
LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT
YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR
COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: We are a lighthouse. Your call.

thefunkylama
10-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I almost died again this weekend.

RotationSlimWang
10-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Alma, what in tarnation has been going on with you?

thinnerair
10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
A buddy of mine left me a message over the weekend letting me know that he is getting married. He informed me that he'd like me to be in his grooms party. He paused and then said that he and his chick were talking and were wondering if I'd be interested in getting ordained and marrying them. If I dont marry them, I could just be a groomsmen. Do I really want to get ordained?!

RotationSlimWang
10-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I got ordained online from some fucking church somewhere. Took like 30 seconds. I'd love to rewrite the marriage ceremony for one of my friends, though.

Mr.Nipples
10-21-2007, 08:57 PM
A buddy of mine left me a message over the weekend letting me know that he is getting married. He informed me that he'd like me to be in his grooms party. He paused and then said that he and his chick were talking and were wondering if I'd be interested in getting ordained and marrying them. If I dont marry them, I could just be a groomsmen. Do I really want to get ordained?!

join us...
http://www.subgenius.com/

thinnerair
10-21-2007, 09:01 PM
used to be my butterfly now youre just a roach

Wheres the beef?
10-21-2007, 09:01 PM
I got ordained online from some fucking church somewhere. Took like 30 seconds. I'd love to rewrite the marriage ceremony for one of my friends, though.

So are you allowed to perform marriages now?

RotationSlimWang
10-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I dunno, really. Could be. I suppose it's all a question of whether or not the church (can't remember its name) is recognized by the gov.

Nipples, it's so not surprising that you're subgenius.

thinnerair
10-21-2007, 09:07 PM
That seems like it would be a pretty big deal. I mean, I think it would be pretty dope to marry my friends, but I feel like that would be something you get good at with practice. Maybe I should marry some dorks first, get better, and then marry my friends with some great ceremony.
Then again, it would be cool to just be a part of the ceremony as a groomsman.

RotationSlimWang
10-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Being part of a wedding in any capacity is never cool--c'mon now.

But yes, practice on dorks first.

full on idle
10-21-2007, 09:10 PM
My sister's fiancee got ordained online and married her best friend to her husband. Also, their other friend is getting ordained online to marry them. Do it Nando!

RotationSlimWang
10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
This would be it, I do believe. http://www.universalministries.com/doctrine.html

miscorrections
10-21-2007, 10:52 PM
any san diego people have news on the fires? the county site is absolutely useless, and i'm breathing ash even out here in la jolla.

thefunkylama
10-22-2007, 01:05 AM
We're breathing ash here, too, Corinna. Apparently the Poway shelter has been closed because the fires are getting too close to them. They moved them all to the Mira Mesa high school, which is right by my house. The fires (or one of them, at least) are only 5% contained, and the winds are on and off.

I'm worried, because my aunt and cousin and grandma all live in RB. I'm trying to keep track and so far that's all I know.

thefunkylama
10-22-2007, 02:58 AM
Ok so I don't really have an update, except that the fires are now within 4 miles of the Wild Animal Park and there's been a transformer explosion out there. There's no acreage update right now, or word on whether they're evacuating the animals at the park, either.

If you want to keep track, these are the two sites I've been using:
Sign On San Diego (http://www.signonsandiego.com/)
County Emergency Page (http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/dmpr/emer/index.html)

Ok so I lied, there is now a new fire being reported in Fallbrook.

ewiggy
10-22-2007, 04:48 AM
hi san diegans. sorry about yr fires. this might cheer you up and/or help protect you:

http://www.mikulov.org/snood%20unicorn.jpg

thefunkylama
10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Rancho Bernardo has been evacuated (that means grandma's house and my aunt's house, too). The fires have closed down the freeways for miles. Qualcomm has been opened up as a shelter, and the Del Mar Fairgrounds are taking animal evacuees. Steve's work told him not to come in today. We're safe so far, but as a precaution we're going to pack up important stuff juuuust in case.

Just about every school has been closed north of here, and also Steve and I have been instructed not to go to work until later, if we go at all. My grandma is staying in Sacramento until tomorrow. The house smells like smoke again.

HowToDisappear
10-22-2007, 08:27 AM
This is bad. Santa Ana gusts of up to 60mph. Major fires in Potrero, Descanso, Ramona, San Pascual/Escondido, Fallbrook, San Marcos/Coronado Hills, and lots of little fires scattered about. This may prove to be as bad, or worse, than the Cedar Fire in 2003. 80% of the county's wildlands burned then.

thefunkylama
10-22-2007, 08:28 AM
They are saying on the news that it's worse already. I wasn't here for the Cedar Fire, but this is damn scary shit.

thefunkylama
10-22-2007, 08:29 AM
also who's excited about moving to Northern California?

ME.

HowToDisappear
10-22-2007, 08:38 AM
I've lived here all my life. Seen a lot of fires, both rural and urban. The Cedar Fire was insane. It was the first time ever that a fire started in a rural backcounty area and worked its way all the way into San Diego proper. The westernmost edge was at the 805 in Kearny Mesa. They were afraid that if they weren't able to stop it, it would burn all the way to the sea. And that fire started in a very remote area between Ramona And Julian. Keep your fingers crossed that the winds die down and give the firefighters a break and allow the air tankers to fly.

TomAz
10-22-2007, 08:48 AM
also who's excited about moving to Northern California?

ME.

just don't live in the east bay..

http://dart2.arc.nasa.gov/Deployments/OaklandFirestorm1991/images/Oakland-2.jpg

Mr.Nipples
10-22-2007, 08:54 AM
VF25KEloF5g

thefunkylama
10-22-2007, 09:08 AM
I didn't take these photos and I don't know who did, but these were taken earlier this morning in North County.

fire pictures (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=334909196)