PDA

View Full Version : The Default Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

TomAz
10-24-2012, 09:53 AM
The amount of SAT essays I grade that claim that Martin Luther King Jr. ended slavery is staggering and frightening.

One could argue that while perhaps de jure slavery ended with the Emancipation Proclamation, de facto economic and political slavery ended (or at least is on the wane) because of the civil rights movement.

guedita
10-24-2012, 09:59 AM
It would be fantastic if that's what they were arguing.

In 1750, African Americans were not only slaves with no rites, they were also raped by their "masters." Martin Luther King questioned authority so that slaves could get human rites and no longer be sold into slavery.

Mugwog
10-24-2012, 10:59 AM
These are kids taking the SAT???! Jesus.

bmack86
10-24-2012, 11:55 AM
One could argue that while perhaps de jure slavery ended with the Emancipation Proclamation, de facto economic and political slavery ended (or at least is on the wane) because of the civil rights movement.

I dislike this argument though because the prison system has a larger number (though admittedly much smaller percentage) of black Americans providing free (or only nominally compensated,) forced labor than those who were subjected to slavery.

captncrzy
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Am I crazy, or did the font on the board just change?

TomAz
10-24-2012, 12:22 PM
I dislike this argument though because the prison system has a larger number (though admittedly much smaller percentage) of black Americans providing free (or only nominally compensated,) forced labor than those who were subjected to slavery.

This is why I qualified my "economic and political slavery ended" with "or at least is on the wane". the much smaller percentage.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-24-2012, 12:28 PM
"human rites"

There are so many things wrong with those two sentences that it is absolutely baffling.

amyzzz
10-24-2012, 01:09 PM
In past years my company has employed prisoners to do some of our work. How does an American worker compete with that?

TomAz
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
"human rites"

There are so many things wrong with those two sentences that it is absolutely baffling.

http://www.sanctamissa.org/en/resources/rites/ambrosian-rite.jpg

RotationSlimWang
10-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Mack, this is kinda silly. Not disputing the figures or the fact that blacks are still treated incredibly unfairly by the legal system, but there's a pretty huge difference between that and having laws in place that categorize all black people by a different set of laws from day one.

bmack86
10-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh, no doubt, but the fact remains that the black population in the United States is disproportionately imprisoned, and that law enforcement and sentencing is much more strict and more frequently enforced against black and latino populations than against whites. It's not the same thing, but it is still another method that has been used to subjugate a large part of the population and conveniently to put them to work for wages so much lower than what would be considered reasonable in even many developing countries. And what Amy said above rings true: increasingly, prison labor is being extended to fields that it hasn't been traditionally used for, and it's creating issues with wage laborers in general, because there is no way to compete with the prices prisons offer.

tl;dr While acknowledging the difference, the system has created another form of institutionalized servitude that they exploit freely.

guedita
10-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Bryan, have you read Michelle Alexander's The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness? I've been meaning to.

bmack86
10-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I haven't, although it sounds very intriguing. I worked with a few judges who were compiling sources to take the first steps towards doing a new journal article about the issue though, so I did some research on the topic a few years ago and it was quite depressing.

canexplain
10-28-2012, 06:48 AM
I tried something new in Vegas this trip and it worked pretty well: We bought a "ticket" for $44 that for 24 hours you could eat as often as you wanted at 6 different buffets at the major hotels. It was pretty cool because I didn't have to over think if breakfast was really worth $17 or not, or if the brunch was worth $25 or whatever. A few times we just went in for coffee and juice (but then we couldn't resist the french pastry or bacon :) ). C Palace was a bit of a rip though because they had an $15 "up charge" for each person because they had a "special" buffet. Nope. I "settled" for all the shrimp, crab legs, prime rib, whatever I could eat at the other 5 buffets. cr****

bmack86
10-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Did they advertise 6 buffets, subject to additional charges? Because if not, fuckin' rip off Caesar.

canexplain
10-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Did they advertise 6 buffets, subject to additional charges? Because if not, fuckin' rip off Caesar.

I'll have to look at the handout but you can bet there is some sort of disclaimer. We got our hotel comped anyway because my dad was a whale, my sis is a shark, but alas, I am just a minnow. cr****

amyzzz
10-29-2012, 02:02 PM
My hair looks blue today.

canexplain
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Some dude, Matt, that knows my daughter just gave me a quote on a furnace for half of what I checked it might cost. My gf Sue is going to be so excited that we actually have heat in the house. Silly women, I went for years without heat, you just have to dress for the occasion lolz. cr****

miscorrections
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Man I wish I could get my downstairs neighbors to turn off their heat, they're making my apartment way too hot. It's regularly 80 degrees in there and it's not even cold enough outside to justify heaters anyway.

canexplain
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM

I did look at the handout and it didn't say anything like a disclaimer except that hours may vary. I think I will email them fuckers....... cr****

amyzzz
10-30-2012, 02:49 PM
When did the board start linking to facebook...?

algunz
10-30-2012, 03:47 PM
The amount of SAT essays I grade that claim that Martin Luther King Jr. ended slavery is staggering and frightening.

This is so sad. I apologize.

Man I wish I could get my downstairs neighbors to turn off their heat, they're making my apartment way too hot. It's regularly 80 degrees in there and it's not even cold enough outside to justify heaters anyway.

Ugh, this would suck. Go down there in the nude and ask them nicely.

miscorrections
10-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately my downstairs neighbors are my super and his wife.

VigoTheCarpathian
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm writing my speech for my sisters wedding. Does this work:

Clergy, I owe it now to providence which finds my arch enemy sister in Holy matrimony and my own will ostracized to this insufferable praise of her who cut me down in the first instance. That I inherit an equally antagonistic brother-in-law is only testimony to your God's continuous sardonic play on my sanity.

amyzzz
11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Is that for the reception?

VigoTheCarpathian
11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
yeah

Drewski27
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Sounds fucking perfect to me, Vigo.

kitt kat
11-02-2012, 12:30 PM
If anyone in LA wants a free pair of tickets to see Titus Andronicus and Ceremony at the Fonda next week, tune into my radio show today at 2pm. I'll be giving some away.

http://kxsc.org

canexplain
11-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Anyone want to make a guess here? Someone lent me one of those plastic cig making things. I rolled some J's with it. With practice, it worked pretty well. The question is: Should I leave the filter on the J? Does it filter out what I am going for? I know it worked pretty well at the Bridge Concert because it at least looked like I was smoking a cig. Like it anyone cared in the Bay but I was asking more in general. I know years ago, I used to load a pipe half full of pipe tobacco and half full of weed. I was so dumb as to think no one could tell the difference. Live and learn (let die) cr****

Drewski27
11-04-2012, 09:16 AM
I tried both. The filter filters out a little. At least as much as taste went. From what I remember, there was a filter that had a hole in the center for rolling joints. Not to filter out anything, but to give that end structure. Personally I would leave the filter out because I love tasting what t was I was smoking without any hindrances. You can always just roll it and add a crutch later.

canexplain
11-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Tnx Drew. Next ?: A dude came up to me from England . He only wanted like 1/3 of a cig to "make something" with my help. He even gave me back the 2/3 r's cig lolz like I cared.... ? is ....cr****

Drewski27
11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
a spliff?

canexplain
11-04-2012, 09:51 AM
a spliff?

Right!!! Guess it is a mix also. I thought it was funny he didn't want to trash the rest of my cig...... cr****

Drewski27
11-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Well talk about taking only what you need. Haha.

locachica73
11-06-2012, 05:05 AM
The thing I will miss most about my job is the free iPhone they gave me. I think I am going to upgrade my personal phone to an iPhone once I start the new job. I know Cricket has an iPhone but I will have to pay a ton of money for it since I am not due for an upgrade yet. I know a lot of the cell phone plans will give me one for nothing or greatly discounted if I sign a contract for new service with them. Anyone have a preferred cell phone company that they swear by? I have been on Cricket for 4+ years, before that I was with Verizon but was on a family plan and was continually overcharged due to my daughter texting a million times a day.

nosurprises12
11-12-2012, 09:44 AM
So incredibly great (although a bit NSFW for pinup boobies): http://catsthatlooklikepinupgirls.tumblr.com/

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md0zafKzoF1rhh2v5o1_500.jpg

chairmenmeow47
11-12-2012, 10:02 AM
The thing I will miss most about my job is the free iPhone they gave me. I think I am going to upgrade my personal phone to an iPhone once I start the new job. I know Cricket has an iPhone but I will have to pay a ton of money for it since I am not due for an upgrade yet. I know a lot of the cell phone plans will give me one for nothing or greatly discounted if I sign a contract for new service with them. Anyone have a preferred cell phone company that they swear by? I have been on Cricket for 4+ years, before that I was with Verizon but was on a family plan and was continually overcharged due to my daughter texting a million times a day.

i love verizon. everyone else has inferior call/signal quality.

TomAz
11-12-2012, 10:04 AM
and you need to get a plan with unlimited texting audra.

amyzzz
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Don't get Sprint. Bad coverage and no 4G in Phoenix. Although it does have unlimited data.

locachica73
11-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I am kind of leaning towards Verizon, I also need to find a phone that does the hotspot or whatever it's called, then I can watch tv shows on my shitty laptop without them having internet, right?

chairmenmeow47
11-12-2012, 10:11 AM
my dad has a hotspot and seems to enjoy it. yes, you would use the hot spot instead of internet service through something like cox. i'm not sure how great it is at streaming, but my dad says he can stream.

amyzzz
11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
You might want unlimited ata for something like that though.

locachica73
11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I have no idea how to figure that out, I don't know how much data I currently use between the two phones to figure out what I would need in the future. Cricket is unlimited data, call & text for $70/month, but Verizon is $100/month for 4GB of data and unlimited text & calls. I would hate to go over and end up with a $400 cell phone bill again. Verizon doesn't offer unlimited data plans from what I found on thier site. I know with my work phone I have that but only because the phone was grandfathered in under an old plan. I am going to try to stick it out for awhile and see how I do. I really should just take up reading more and forget all the stupid shows I watch, I can just catch up when they come out on netflix.

amyzzz
11-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Is internet too expensive where you live?

locachica73
11-12-2012, 11:00 AM
No, but I am only going to be there temporarily, I don't want to have someone come in and wire the service since I am planning on moving out in a few months. I am trying to think it will be good for me, maybe I can find new hobbies and stop hiding in my room so often.

amyzzz
11-12-2012, 11:02 AM
..but you were talking about tethering your laptop to your phone, so wouldn't you be watching movies anyway?

locachica73
11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
..but you were talking about tethering your laptop to your phone, so wouldn't you be watching movies anyway?

I think I am realizing it will cost too much, I was thinking I could get a phone/hotspot and if it wasn't extremely slow to use my laptop with my phone it could be what I need. But it's just starting to look like it's more money and hastle than I am willing to deal with, plus a 2 year contract, that's far more committment than I am willing to make to anything. I could just grow a pair of balls and ask Brett to let me record a few shows on his DVR in the living room, but I already feel bad that I am living there, I don't want to take over his tv too. :(

chairmenmeow47
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
my economics textbook is trying to use the LCD Soundsystem show at madison square garden as an example of "fairness". apparently none of the dozens of editors noticed that they left out the second-half of the band's name.

In April 2011, the dance rock band LCD played a concert at New York’s Madison Square Garden.

zircona1
11-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm trying to write white text on a dark section of a photo I have on my computer. I don't have Photoshop. Any recommendations of a good program to use? I don't think MS Paint is going to work.

Mugwog
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
@Loca:
If you have a SIM card type phone (some older iPhones carry them) you COULD do this instead of paying large tethering fees on limited data networks:

Purchase 3GS (not sure if iPhone4 has same size sim card) - go to a local phone store, the ones that sell boost, metro pcs, etc. Usually there is someone there who can unlock your phone for you and also install a FREE tethering program. An unlocked phone lets you bring it to any carrier as long as their phones accept SIM cards (Verizon/Sprint is out). Throw in a Boost plan for unlimited data/text/calls for around 40-50/month and you will save about $50-$60/month and still have Internet @ home/wherever with tethering (not the fastest), unlimited data (VERY IMPORTANT WITH SMART PHONES AND STREAMING) in addition to unlimited text/calls.

Of course, if you have a local techy, have them do this for you. It will save you SO much money, and once you get used to it, you won't need to simplified version they try to feed you for an extra $XX per month. I tethered from my 3GS for about a year or two when I was really hurting from cash. I'm sure ATT really hated me though as I downloaded about 1TB worth of data on my phone within 3 months. *Unlimited data plan wins

Mugwog
11-13-2012, 11:35 AM
my economics textbook is trying to use the LCD Soundsystem show at madison square garden as an example of "fairness". apparently none of the dozens of editors noticed that they left out the second-half of the band's name.

Fucking cocky hipsters

nyarlathotoats
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Just gonna throw it out there:
Anyone know of education loans that don't require a credit check, other than Stafford?

TomAz
11-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Anyone know of education loans that don't require you to pay them back, other than Stafford?

fixed

nyarlathotoats
11-16-2012, 07:17 AM
^Nice one. No, I intend to pay it back; unfortunately I tried a bank loan, and i was denied. Any help, even comments such as Tom's is welcome.

VigoTheCarpathian
11-16-2012, 07:20 AM
what are you gana study?

canexplain
11-16-2012, 07:55 AM
RIP Twinkes (: cr****

nyarlathotoats
11-16-2012, 08:19 AM
what are you gana study?

Journalism. I'm looking to start at community college (I know, it's not even a college, haha.), and then transfer to university.

VigoTheCarpathian
11-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Are you drawn to journalism by some specific field of interest(technology, economics, etc.) on which you must have your opinions heard or do you feel you need time to figure out what it is you would like to write about or do you just only enjoy writing and the world and would like to write about a diverse range of issues?

canexplain
11-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Fuck I left an unopened bottle of imported Lemon juice in my freezer last night and it exploded. grrrrrrrrrr ..... cr****

captncrzy
11-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Anyone know of education loans that don't require a credit check, other than Stafford?

I worked in student lending for a bit. Government based loans do not require credit checks. Private based loans do require credit checks. Private based loans are not a good idea, mainly because they don't carry the benefits that Federal ones do. Do yourself a favor and stick with federal based loans, student work/study programs, and apply for every scholarship you qualify for.

bmack86
11-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Fuck I left an unopened bottle of imported Lemon juice in my freezer last night and it exploded. grrrrrrrrrr ..... cr****

Whenever you post a grrrrrrrr, I picture you growling like a feral animal. Maybe in the dog costume.

TomAz
11-16-2012, 09:16 AM
imported lemon juice.

canexplain
11-16-2012, 09:26 AM
imported lemon juice.

Imported from Costco :) still 3x's the price of the normal juice I buy. Yea I gained 2 lbs.....cr****

TomAz
11-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Why don't you just buy lemons?

canexplain
11-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Why don't you just buy lemons?
Economics. I go thru a bag of limes a week so I can't afford a bag of lemons too. My "lime" bill is about $30 a month lolz. Just me.....cr****

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I worked in student lending for a bit. Government based loans do not require credit checks. Private based loans do require credit checks. Private based loans are not a good idea, mainly because they don't carry the benefits that Federal ones do. Do yourself a favor and stick with federal based loans, student work/study programs, and apply for every scholarship you qualify for.

Yes, this. Apply for FAFSA and see what your options are.

canexplain
11-16-2012, 10:19 AM
They just opened a new ski lift in the mnts that has heated seats and wi fi . geez cr****

Mugwog
11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Ron has a "lime budget"

$30/month on limes? What do you do with all of these limes sir?

canexplain
11-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Ron has a "lime budget"

$30/month on limes? What do you do with all of these limes sir?

I just eat them. I think I got addicted to them from going to Mexico all the time, which they seem to include with any meal. Yummy. It also helps for a hangover :) cr****

Mugwog
11-16-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm going to have get really baked one day and try eating a lime.

VigoTheCarpathian
11-16-2012, 10:58 AM
just make sure to wash your hands before you finger bang your ass hole

canexplain
11-16-2012, 11:04 AM
just make sure to wash your hands before you finger bang your ass hole

Huh? Since I am here. I don't usually give advice but as I sit here and watch those talk shows about cheating on your SO (Gen P this goes for you too), it is so so much easier being faithful than not. I never have to worry about what I posted on any site, hiding stuff and all of that. If you want to wander, let your SO know. I hate people that lie especially about love. Just saying.........cr****

VigoTheCarpathian
11-16-2012, 11:07 AM
thanks for the tip Ron :thu

TomAz
11-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi honey. Hey I've been meaning to talk to you about something. I want to wander. yeah I know we've got kids and a mortgage and all that but I want some fresh poon. c'est la vie.

canexplain
11-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi honey. Hey I've been meaning to talk to you about something. I want to wander. yeah I know we've got kids and a mortgage and all that but I want some fresh poon. c'est la vie.

Better that then a lie. One day it will come out no matter who you are me thinks. BTW I did say SO because if you are single and just hanging, variety :) .....cr****

nyarlathotoats
11-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Are you drawn to journalism by some specific field of interest(technology, economics, etc.) on which you must have your opinions heard or do you feel you need time to figure out what it is you would like to write about or do you just only enjoy writing and the world and would like to write about a diverse range of issues?
I would like to someday work for any profession that involves writing about music. Whether it be editor, reviewer, etc. I just figured journalism would be the right direction.

Thats sound advice. Will do.

Yes, this. Apply for FAFSA and see what your options are.
Already on it drinkey.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-16-2012, 04:59 PM
FYI FAFSA will give you loan information as well as access to grants.

canexplain
11-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Has anyone seen the Buck Naked Underwear commercials. Times have really changed. Mostly for the good but not entirely. cr****

algunz
11-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Drinkey and Cap'N are right. (As usual)

Also I don't think private loans can be deferred, or at least it's much harder.

canexplain
11-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Just to warn the board, I am getting trashed today and watch the Broncos win so if I say anything dumber than usual, just ignore me :) cr****

marooko
11-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Does anyone pay for Pandora or last.FM usage? Particularly for cell phones.

HunterGather
11-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Nothing gets me in the holiday mood like the incest/Folgers commercial.
You can't tell me there's no sexual tension in this ad.

zZnqBL6iYjA

There's even slash-fic about it

http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Folgers%20%22Home%20for%20the%20Holidays%22%20Comm ercial/works

amyzzz
11-19-2012, 01:46 PM
ugh i hate that commercial so much!

TomAz
11-19-2012, 01:52 PM
WHAT'S IN THE BOX???????????

amyzzz
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
condoms.

HunterGather
11-19-2012, 01:54 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lthzwjfnYv1r4xmq8o1_500.jpg

TomAz
11-19-2012, 01:54 PM
from West Africa. nice. THAT MUST BE WHY THE BOX IS SO BIG

NachoCat
11-19-2012, 02:23 PM
http://youtu.be/huEtJw7pfLk

algunz
11-19-2012, 09:39 PM
That was pretty fun.

amyzzz
11-21-2012, 08:52 AM
The last half of my shift is really going to drag today. I have to be here until 7pm just like any other day. *sigh*

marooko
11-21-2012, 09:31 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I'm off at noon.

amyzzz
11-21-2012, 09:32 AM
No, that makes me feel worse. Thanks, marooko. :nono

OnlyNonStranger
11-21-2012, 10:03 AM
If it makes you feel better I work ten hour shifts ten days in a row.

amyzzz
11-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Holy crap, that sucks. And you don't even get Thanksgiving this week, eh?

OnlyNonStranger
11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Don't be silly. Thanksgiving is in October.

flowbee
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
My Asian neighbors are unsocial and never smile or want to talk to me. Their food smells and the aroma sticks to the walls forever. I'm getting sick of their cutting board knife food chopping noises that vibrates the wall.

bmack86
11-22-2012, 10:43 AM
So here's a question: so much of the fighting in Israel/Palestine seems to boil down to Jerusalem and the Gaza strip. The Gaza Strip seems, to me anyway, like it should be Palestinian territory. However, would it be possible to make the city of Jerusalem something like the Vatican, a sovereign city-nation that is the property of neither group? Thanksgiving thoughts.

getbetter
11-22-2012, 11:46 AM
The Gaze strip and the West bank were suppose to be a Palestinian Nation in 1947 yet the Palestinians didn't agree with to the UN which was the hugest mistake in this whole process.Gaze strip is a 30 minute drive from Jerusalem so I think your talking about the West bank.Which old Jerusalem is pretty interesting and I'm still pissed that I only spent a very guided short tour of which is spilt into four parts;Turks,Christians,Muslims and Jews. :2c

HunterGather
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdx6axY5b01qlnc4fo1_500.jpg

getbetter
11-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I need to watch this movie.

HunterGather
11-22-2012, 08:23 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9h55xq74Z1qebbreo1_500.gif

Looks like Hank Hill and co. in the zombie apocalypse.

marooko
11-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Fuck yahoo!. Thank you. And Happy Thanksgiving.

kitt kat
11-27-2012, 11:34 AM
I am super broke and I really want to buy people nice gifts this year. So I'm selling off some of my gear.

Anyone want to buy my Korg R3?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me5pi29lrY1qzu13ao1_500.jpg

It's barely used, has all the original packaging, and I think I have the original purchase receipt somewhere. I bought it brand new for top dollar in early 2008/late 2007ish.

I figured someone here might want it, so message me for more details. This is a GREAT synth. Nothing is wrong with it, I just don't use it.

I also have a Roland D-10 from the 80s for relatively cheap.

Mugwog
11-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Your best bet in LA is to trade it for coke, cut the coke and sell it. Max profit and everyone gets an Xmas present

Don't even pretend like you don't know 2 dirty coke heads in silverlake

kitt kat
11-27-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't.

Never tried coke, don't really associate with people who do.

HunterGather
11-27-2012, 02:07 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdoclsZMJf1qh1ay9o1_400.png

Hannahrain
11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Sometimes, latenight impulse buying pays off. Say hello to the newest member of the Rain family:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8342/8224588635_d1f1b261e6_z.jpg

amyzzz
11-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Score, Hannah!

I really want to buy a cardboard cut-out of the mayor of Halloweentown from Nightmare Before Christmas....but I haven't done it yet.

VigoTheCarpathian
11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
I really want to buy a cardboard cut-out of the mayor of Halloweentown from Nightmare Before Christmas....but I haven't done it yet.

There isn't a smiley which accurately represents how I feel about you saying ^^ but its some like :

:thu:afu:lool

algunz
11-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Sometimes, latenight impulse buying pays off. Say hello to the newest member of the Rain family:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8342/8224588635_d1f1b261e6_z.jpg

Love Frank!

I'm trying to decipher the pillow thingy behind . . . Is that wood or buttholes?

bmack86
11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Are those the only options?

algunz
11-27-2012, 03:44 PM
In my mind, YES!

Hannahrain
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Sounds about right.

algunz
11-27-2012, 03:51 PM
That's my range. So what is it?

PotVsKtl
11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Go fuck yourself.

amyzzz
11-27-2012, 04:10 PM
...with a piece of wood in your butthole, I imagine.

Hannahrain
11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I'll admit a certain degree of curiosity as to why Algunz sees sphincters in concentric circles. It's both my impression and sincere hope that robots aren't there yet, so I can only guess somewhere there's a nesting rubber shape-to-shape teething toy I should probably make sure to keep away from my children.

algunz
11-27-2012, 08:31 PM
I think Pot is Hannah's alter ego.

Hannahrain
11-27-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure which one of us that's supposed to insult, though I guess it works fairly well in either direction.

VigoTheCarpathian
11-27-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll admit a certain degree of curiosity as to why Algunz sees sphincters in concentric circles. It's both my impression and sincere hope that robots aren't there yet, so I can only guess somewhere there's a nesting rubber shape-to-shape teething toy I should probably make sure to keep away from my children.

What is this? Salute .

frizzlefry
11-27-2012, 09:39 PM
I went to The Getty a couple days ago on the way back from visiting family for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time, it's been years since I've been there. I was actually in Middle School last time I went and although some pieces stuck with me then, (I was pleasantly shocked to see my favorite painting from my first visit still hanging in the same room I saw it in more than a decade ago), the campus felt brand new to me still. I remembered the gardens vaguely but I completely forgot the breathtaking views, the gorgeous tiles, fountains, and marble and how enormous the place is.
It's funny how I could have let such a beautiful place slip from my memory when I still remember dull shit like Power Rangers and Nintendo so vividly. I was a little uncultured shit.

algunz
11-28-2012, 07:48 AM
It is a beautiful place. My daughter and I discovered how slippery the floor tiles are last time. We had fun sliding along the walkway that goes down to the garden. :)

frizzlefry
11-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Gah I really wanted to slide along that tile but I don't have a child to hide my lack of maturity.

Mugwog
11-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Getty Villa has the Pompei exhibit, and it's free! Wonderful place!

canexplain
11-28-2012, 01:03 PM
I just bought a cool knife sharpener, and the Rod Stewart xmas cd. My gf says I am going conventional. (: Then she says, "Oh we need to do your hair in xmas colors." Silly girl. cr****

VigoTheCarpathian
11-28-2012, 01:06 PM
wacha been cutting Ron?

canexplain
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
wacha been cutting Ron?
Well I made two turkeys for T day and my knives really sucked so I went to Costco and bought one. $20 cheaper then even online. Score. cr****

amyzzz
11-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Please post a pic when you do your hair in Xmas colors, Ron.

canexplain
11-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Oh limes and they even talked about the perfect blade for limes in the instruction book. Life if good. cr****

canexplain
11-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Please post a pic when you do your hair in Xmas colors, Ron.

Sure :) It looks better in braids, but that hides the color, so probably both. cr****

canexplain
11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
New Orleans,yep Xmas, Pacifica, Aspen. More ...... Yep thread start: Where have you spent Xmas? cr*****

PlayaDelWes
11-29-2012, 07:50 AM
10-15 years ago there used to be this program that was kinda like an internet browser, but instead it was maybe its own application? It was a banner at the bottom of your screen that would include a news and stock ticker, customizable sports scores, etc… Anyone remember the name of this?

VigoTheCarpathian
11-29-2012, 10:10 AM
VIGO THE HERO !

One of our dust collectors just caught major FIRE and yours truly scaled the beast with a fire extinguisher. My lungs are filled with smoke. my face and arms covered in soot and extinguisher. time for a cig.

TomAz
11-29-2012, 11:24 AM
One of the 2 winning powerball tickets was sold at my local gas station, a mile from my house where i get gas and stuff all the time.

VigoTheCarpathian
11-29-2012, 11:27 AM
damn. do you ever buy them anyways?

TomAz
11-29-2012, 11:28 AM
No, never.

amyzzz
11-29-2012, 11:29 AM
One of the 2 winning powerball tickets was sold at my local gas station, a mile from my house where i get gas and stuff all the time.Ha, The Clares said the same thing on Facebook. You two must be neighbors.

TomAz
11-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Yes, they live near me.

lehorne
11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
bots or aliens right now? Some of those names don't look right.

lehorne,
‎acincSmence,
‎Acrosypromy,
‎BemnLautuania,
‎Blalsefreella,
‎Breerubbary,
‎Cardstarosy,
‎cerbenarf,
‎Coapapperialk,
‎concertgoer,
‎Creagepat,
‎CrimesceneCookie,
‎dreamcatcher09,
‎drymmepay,
‎edgecloda,
‎Ephefspah,
‎fudgumslover,
‎gaypalmsprings,
‎getbetter,
‎Grindyprentee,
‎heart cooks brain,
‎Hidapseusesia,
‎Hinaaborohada,
‎iantmcfarland,
‎InDaGreen,
‎kgeokgoox,
‎Krellish,
‎kukisis,
‎LickTheLizzard,
‎microcuts,
‎mikey1313666,
‎nbvcide,
‎neetebelp,
‎noiptoluppy,
‎nyarlathotoats,
‎occacuurn,
‎ods..,
‎orgagofulnela,
‎plopriasp,
‎ReucheJew,
‎Riggins33,
‎roberto73,
‎Ropstaptala,
‎RotationSlimWang,
‎Seesksauh,
‎SestHoono,
‎SlowMotionApocalypse,
‎Sostasystusty,
‎soydayarony,
‎Spupsnanywaks,
‎stochasticism,
‎thervltn,
‎theStank,
‎TheWatcher,
‎Thusshurelt,
‎Tumoushexpems,
‎unemiumemoins,
‎Uttessils,
‎Weefconenoums,
‎WeefZoorfok,
‎Zefecheelry

getbetter
11-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Aliens

lehorne
11-30-2012, 05:47 PM
off to Cheesecake Factory for the first time ever, with $50 gift card in hand. Know I'm going to hate it. May just drink.

lehorne
11-30-2012, 09:28 PM
feel three thousand or so calories heavier. It's actually not a bad place (was expecting a Chili's or Red Robin-type ambiance), although the Passion Fruit Mojito was definitely the wrong first drink choice, so switched to Stella draft. Jamaican chicken and shrimp with rice/black beans/mango salsa plate fresh and tasty and fried chicken slider appetizer was good.

Not going back though.

VigoTheCarpathian
12-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I was at a Jewish-Armenian wedding last night. It was very fun. I participated in hoisting the bride and groom in the chairs.

I'd like to take this opportunity to disassociate Randy(rotationslimwang) from the Jewish community of Los Angeles. The Jews of L.A. are nice, classy, intelligent people who have nothing to do with the vomit that is spewn from this mans mouth onto the internet.

RotationSlimWang
12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I love it when people say things they think prove how not prejudiced they are and in doing so reveal that they're clearly massively prejudiced.

Were you surprised at how nice the Armenians smelled too?

VigoTheCarpathian
12-02-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm not a prejudice goddamnit and the only thing I smelled was the booz I was sweating on the dance floor

RotationSlimWang
12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Of course you are. Only a racist says, "You know, despite [whatever], the Jews of LA are actually nice people." First of all it clearly demonstrates that you didn't think Jews were nice people in general, secondly it shows that you're only willing to take them off the list of shitty people if they're LA Jews instead of anywhere Jews.

guedita
12-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey Vigo, you know what's racist? Claiming something about an entire ethnicity or subset of people is true and that you're qualified to speak on it.

RotationSlimWang
12-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Guedi, what race did Vigo appear to be that time you met him so that I can be "not" racist about them.

guedita
12-02-2012, 02:56 PM
I think he's mentioned on the board that he is Armenian. Or something. I don't know. His frightening physical demeanor doesn't speak for his entire race. I hope

RotationSlimWang
12-02-2012, 02:58 PM
He's Armenian?

... why even bother.

VigoTheCarpathian
12-02-2012, 03:26 PM
This is total nonesense. You are taking words out of my mouth and reading too much into what I said. I've had excellent experiences with Jewish people from here to Massachusets my entire life. That's besides the point. I'm just saying like if someone on here is from Kansas or Oaklahoma or somewhere there isn't many Jews then I wouldn't want them to get the impression that this Randy thing is any way reprentative of its people.

RotationSlimWang
12-02-2012, 03:27 PM
So you're just saying that to prevent other people from having incredibly racist thoughts, huh?

VigoTheCarpathian
12-02-2012, 03:29 PM
No Im trying to paint you as a neegro

RotationSlimWang
12-02-2012, 03:40 PM
God, if only you were Turkish we could maybe have an intelligent conversation.

miscorrections
12-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I once read the phrase "too racist" in some news article and couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the day.

frizzlefry
12-02-2012, 05:48 PM
I really didn't think I was going to be living in Tahoe for several months two days ago and now I'm scraping frozen snow off my windshield, something I should get used to.

VigoTheCarpathian
12-02-2012, 05:53 PM
that's not a bad place to get used to

HunterGather
12-03-2012, 08:44 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mboh8dVkki1rr6zpho1_500.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mboh8dVkki1rr6zpho2_500.gif

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 08:49 AM
I really didn't think I was going to be living in Tahoe for several months two days ago and now I'm scraping frozen snow off my windshield, something I should get used to.

When do you start the job?

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2012, 09:15 AM
speaking of racists

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/01/opinion/the-real-thomas-jefferson.html?_r=1&

Mugwog
12-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Hollywood

Project Name: Animal Whisperer pilot
Project Type: Reality TV
Rate/Compensation: $125
Redneck or Southern Animal Whisperer
Gender/Age/Ethnicities
Male or Female / 20 to 50 / All Ethnicities
Description/Note
Southern or Redneck that is a Animal Communicator A pet psychic, animal communicator, or pet whisperer looking for a person who claims to be able to communicate psychically with animals. looking for a pet psychic to be able to communicate with long-dead animals and work with ones in the real form, and have a a practice and client's , the host will have the ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through what is described as extrasensory perception, or to those people said to have such abilities. looking for someone that is like a trainer like César Millan or Monty Roberts, who use their body language and the psychology of the dog or horse, to communicate with the animal. but we are open to anyone that can talk to other animal's then dogs more animal's from the farm or woods.

One of many jobs on the "market"

IceyHotshot
12-03-2012, 08:55 PM
So did the forums have a spam/bot filter that got turned off? This is fucking annoying.

frizzlefry
12-03-2012, 09:32 PM
When do you start the job?

This Thursday hopefully, I'll be able to move into the resort that day too, pretty excited.

ThatGirl
12-04-2012, 04:58 AM
So happy for you! Hope it goes great!!

ThatGirl
12-04-2012, 05:21 AM
So did the forums have a spam/bot filter that got turned off? This is fucking annoying.

Siffnailk will be outlawed pretty quick I expect.

Mugwog
12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
"I'm no weatherman,but you can expect a few inches tonight "

PotVsKtl
12-05-2012, 11:12 AM
lTin-eTnkOM#!

HunterGather
12-05-2012, 04:53 PM
gah!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meian6GblO1qbyxr0o1_400.gif

Mugwog
12-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Rescued dogs are being taught how to drive cars in Australia (http://http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/rescued-dogs-in-new-zealand-learn-how-to-drive/story-e6frg6n6-1226530972136)

Courtney
12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
gah!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meian6GblO1qbyxr0o1_400.gif

Wtf this is going to give me nightmares. Can someone please explain what is going on there.

SoulDischarge
12-06-2012, 02:18 PM
There is a horrible monster thing hiding in a shark suit attacking a spaceship made out of sweat pants in the ocean. As far as I can tell. And it's completely traumatizing.

SmellyBath
12-06-2012, 02:24 PM
I came across this Kickstarter page and cannot wrap my mind around how 569 different people put together $27,763 in support of a woman who is going to use the money to mass produce...capes. wtf? I mean, don't get me wrong, I respect a good cape but for fucks sake I don't know how much I need a reversible satin one and I know for a fact my kid wouldn't need one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20958070/amazing-capes-release-your-inner-superhero?ref=home_popular

TomAz
12-06-2012, 02:34 PM
People need capes so that they can fly.

SoulDischarge
12-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I really need to start a Kickstarter to get this rotten crumbling wisdom tooth removed and get a CPAP machine.

Courtney
12-06-2012, 03:28 PM
It seems like Kickstarter often works best when the "reward" for "donation" is basically just a product that you are buying.

SoulDischarge
12-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Anyone want 2/3 of a tooth for $700? Or 1/7 of 2/3 of a tooth for $100?

HunterGather
12-07-2012, 05:49 AM
The McRib is back!

iamthehorn
12-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Anyone want 2/3 of a tooth for $700? Or 1/7 of 2/3 of a tooth for $100?

Molar or incisor?

marooko
12-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Hell yeah! The lowest grade of formed pork. Can't wait to not have one. Oh wait...

SoulDischarge
12-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Wisdom.

heart cooks brain
12-07-2012, 07:23 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/33f6jqu.gif

iamthehorn
12-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Wisdom.

Oh man, I should be selling YOU wisdom teeth. I got gumball dispenser full of em.

HunterGather
12-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Hell yeah! The lowest grade of formed pork. Can't wait to not have one. Oh wait...

Pft, I don't care what it's made out of. It's delicious and comes around for a limited time once a year.

canexplain
12-07-2012, 10:50 AM
I really need to start a Kickstarter to get this rotten crumbling wisdom tooth removed and get a CPAP machine.

Just fucking pull it dude IMO. cr****

algunz
12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm starving. Should I get a Happy Meal or a turkey sandwich? I really feel like a Happy Meal.

amyzzz
12-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Wisdom.Patrick, maybe this is not helpful, but here in Phoenix, Arizona today and tomorrow there are a bunch of dentists doing free dental procedures. Maybe you can look up something similar in Akron?

canexplain
12-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm starving. Should I get a Happy Meal or a turkey sandwich? I really feel like a Happy Meal.

Happy meal or a roast beef sandwich, heirloom tomatoes, baby swiss cheese, bit of horseradish, Dave's Spicy Dill Pickles, Boulder Sea Salt and Vinegar chips, diet anything and a giant bowl :) cr****

HunterGather
12-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Have any of you guys ever used sites like elance, guru, odesk, or freelancer?
Experiences with them?

ThatGirl
12-09-2012, 05:54 AM
One friend of mine's cousin threw himself in front of a train and died Friday. Another friend's stepdad was beaten nearly to death by her stepbrother yesterday and is in trauma at hospital. The stepbrother is in jail. Crazy weekend so far.

HunterGather
12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ev5hu6bj1r4zlnbo1_500.png

What the hell is that?

http://gifs.gifbin.com/25yuswsw28295.gif

nosurprises12
12-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Who gives a shit - it's battered and deep fried!

ThatGirl
12-09-2012, 12:27 PM
It looks like a sea anemone made out of corn flakes.

nosurprises12
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
INSA X STANLEY DONWOOD X ATOMS FOR PEACE (http://www.juxtapoz.com/Music/insa-x-stanley-donwood-x-atoms-for-peace)

http://www.juxtapoz.com/images/stories/2012/Dec2012/Dec10/INSA-XL-1-600.gif
http://www.juxtapoz.com/images/stories/2012/Dec2012/Dec10/INSA-XL-1close-600.gif
http://www.juxtapoz.com/images/stories/2012/Dec2012/Dec10/INSA-XL-2-600.gif
http://www.juxtapoz.com/images/stories/2012/Dec2012/Dec10/INSA-XL-3-600.gif

Hollywood Dooom is a captivating collaborative artwork by Stanley Donwood and INSA that XL Recordscommissioned to celebrate the launch of Atoms For Peace's debut album, AMOK.

Longtime Radiohead and Thom Yorke collaborator, Donwood, created the artwork for the Atoms For Peace album, a scene of armageddon in modern Los Angeles. This was interpreted by INSA as a piece of his patented GIF-ITI. INSA painted the Atoms For Peace artwork on to the XL office in Los Angeles a number of times, each a different frame of animation, to create a real life GIF.

Donwood's artwork for Thom Yorke's 2006 album, The Eraser, is painted on to XL's office in London.

INSA on the GIF: "'My challenge was to take two very static items, a beautiful lino-cut and a less beautiful box of a building, and bring them to life. After a week of sweating in the Los Angeles late summer sun re-painting the whole building several times i got there. Animated as a continuous GIF it may only live online but some would argue that is where most now live there lives...'"

Stanley Donwood on the original artwork: "Los Angeles is, of course, fucked. Everything is fucked, all of our cities, all of our towns, our villages, our farms, our entire way of living. and I don’t mean fucked in a good way, oh no; I mean it in a very, very bad way. our energy rich and culturally complacent society has doomed everything, and really, we all know this. Or at least, we should do. We have run out of everything, pissed it up against the wall, blown it, spent it, wasted it. We’ve run out of money, of oil, of gasoline, of water, of food, of any resources, of energy, of everything. We are reduced to trying to blast pathetic amounts of gas from solid rock and we don’t care if we poison our water while we’re doing it. The apocalypse is already here, and the saddest thing is that we’re trying to fool ourselves that it isn’t happening. Our politicians are fucking idiots, our heroes are fools, our industries are dying, our farmland is trashed and our culture resembles nothing more than a self-devouring joke. Our architecture is hideous and our art revels in empty platitudes. There is no future; we have evicted ourselves from our own cities, rendered our agriculture poisonous, criminalised the poor, aggrandized the rich, honoured the stupid and ridiculed the intelligent. I don’t pretend to stand outside this fucking mess. I’m just as guilty as anyone."

amyzzz
12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Well now I'm fucking depressed. Really cool gif though.

canexplain
12-11-2012, 12:02 AM
One friend of mine's cousin threw himself in front of a train and died Friday. Another friend's stepdad was beaten nearly to death by her stepbrother yesterday and is in trauma at hospital. The stepbrother is in jail. Crazy weekend so far.

Been there done that, sucks and sorry gal.... cr****

canexplain
12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm watching PJ, good tunes, tonight there is a concert for Sandy which should be killer...you have to have PLDHD I think. cr*****

canexplain
12-11-2012, 05:04 AM
I saw a brilliant fucking concert on tv last night. Sully Erna: Avalon Live. Wow. Pot is legal in Colorado, yea us :) BTW good morning. cr****

bug on your lip
12-11-2012, 07:10 AM
There is a horrible monster thing hiding in a shark suit attacking a spaceship made out of sweat pants in the ocean. As far as I can tell. And it's completely traumatizing.

Dood.. are you trying to be the creepiest persona now ???!?! BACK OFFF !!

****RON has been sooooooo high this month.... dood.. baaa zinnggggggg

miscorrections
12-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Been there done that, sucks and sorry gal.... cr****

Oh, suicide? Domestic abuse? Yeah, been there, done that.

Jesus Christ, Ron.

bug on your lip
12-11-2012, 07:47 AM
sucks

and sorry.

canexplain
12-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I had many friends that offed themselves...idiots cr****

TomAz
12-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Well that makes me glad that we're not closer, Ron.

bug on your lip
12-11-2012, 08:25 AM
anyone find it weird that all ****ron's friends died?

SoulDischarge
12-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Not really.

bug on your lip
12-11-2012, 08:32 AM
remember that one weird Grim Reaper pic of ****ron ?
The one where he is on a bridge covered in an unholy mist?

it's all starting to make sense now...

canexplain
12-11-2012, 08:38 AM
My friends live and die hard ..... some of it is attrition ya know cr****

bug on your lip
12-11-2012, 08:40 AM
die hard is right angel of death..

****ron, post that pic of you in the mist

amyzzz
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
I have 6 pairs of fingerless gloves in my purse.

Mugwog
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I saw a brilliant fucking concert on tv last night. Sully Erna: Avalon Live. Wow. Pot is legal in Colorado, yea us :) BTW good morning. cr****
So whats the deal - can you buy it at 7-11 now?

canexplain
12-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Good morning on this 121212. I haven't gone to sleep in two or three days now. Not sure why ......cr****

bug on your lip
12-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Death never rests

HunterGather
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
So it has happened. I've dropped my iPhone countless times, and nothing. (i prefer to keep it naked with no case).
Until today. The backside is cracked severely (except conveniently the camera lense area was untouched).
Thankfully the main face is fine.

Should I just peck out the backside glass, or keep a cover on it now?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2u46e1f.png

unit300021
12-13-2012, 04:56 PM
So not sure where else to ask this so here it is. I have an old car I need to get rid of. It's probably considered a junk car by age/miles but still runs pretty well but has it problems so I'm not comfortable selling it privately. Has anyone ever used one of those companies that buys junk cars for cash? If so how was it and is it a trust worthy thing? If not I'm just going to donate it but I could really use the cash to be honest.

PlayaDelWes
12-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Can someone explain why the opening on real-maple syrup containers is so large?

bmack86
12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Ease of chugging.

Hannahrain
12-13-2012, 09:03 PM
So you don't scrape your penis on jagged handcut edges? I don't know. I don't know what men do.

VigoTheCarpathian
12-13-2012, 09:09 PM
you succubus :spam:spam

Hannahrain
12-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Jagged handcut edges on the bottleneck, Vigo. This isn't about whether or not I've chiseled discarded marble into my own rudimentary corporea in order participate in today's physiocentric society despite only being technically comprised of conceptual plasma and missed crossword answers. My cold and crumbling quarry slag peripherals are none of your god damned business.

PlayaDelWes
12-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Jagged handcut edges on the bottleneck, Vigo. This isn't about whether or not I've chiseled discarded marble into my own rudimentary corporea in order participate in today's physiocentric society despite only being technically comprised of conceptual plasma and missed crossword answers. My cold and crumbling quarry slag peripherals are none of your god damned business.

QFT. Thanks for the help!

Hannahrain
12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
It's people like you who keep my advice column in syndication. Glad to be of service.

VigoTheCarpathian
12-13-2012, 11:01 PM

I stared at the sky, bewildred, with my eyes crossed outward, for like 2 minutes

marooko
12-14-2012, 05:08 AM
Not that I had one previously, but I now have less of a life. In bed about 9:30, up at 5, back home around 5:30-6:00. May have to move to minimize commute time.

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2012, 08:12 AM
another school shooting. principal dead. i'm hearing reports on fark that children are included, possibly from a kindergarten classroom. shooter is dead. what the fuck is wrong with people?!?!?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/14/school-shooting-connecticut/1769367/

http://www.fark.com/comments/7486416/Police-respond-to-report-of-shooting-at-school-in-Newtown-Connecticut-Details-still-coming-in-reports-of-one-injured-DEVELOPING#new

Miroir Noir
12-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Whatever the problem with people is, this is not the time to politicize or even mention the fact that guns are everywhere.

marooko
12-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Gunz.

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2012, 08:27 AM
local updates:

http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc-police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,3969911.story

JustSteve
12-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Hard to read as a parent of 2 kids that are the ages of some of the supposed victims. tears thinking about "what if..."

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2012, 08:34 AM
how the fuck do you shoot a child? are these really kindergartners?

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2012, 08:39 AM
more than a dozen people killed

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=8920181

JustSteve
12-14-2012, 08:45 AM
"The number of victims is unclear, but the local ABC affiliate says at least 12 dead have been confirmed and that the gunman, who has been confirmed dead, was likely a parent of one of the students. Many of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom, the Courant reported"

Seriously nauseous right now.

edit: At least 10 children dead according to source.

LickTheLizzard
12-14-2012, 09:06 AM
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/school-shooting-reported-newtown-conn

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — An official with knowledge of a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school says 27 people are dead, including 18 children.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way.

Another official, speaking on condition of anonymity for the same reason, says the gunman is among the dead.

The killings happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, about 60 miles northeast of New York City.

State police say Newtown police called them around 9:40 a.m. A SWAT team was among the throngs of police to respond.

Photos from the scene showed young students — some crying, others looking visibly frightened — being escorted by adults through a parking lot in a line, hands on each other's shoulders.

Tubesock Shakur
12-14-2012, 09:07 AM
holy shit! cbs news say 27.

GuyInTucson
12-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Seeing the photo of the kids being led by authorities is heartbreaking. I am having a hard time keeping my shit together at work.

JustSteve
12-14-2012, 09:13 AM
I gave up on holding my shit together about 10 minutes ago. Really just want to go pull my daughter out of school and spend the day with her, son is already chilling next to me playing a game on my phone.

HunterGather
12-14-2012, 09:17 AM
o_O

amyzzz
12-14-2012, 09:18 AM
holy christ.

JustSteve
12-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Cannot imagine being a parent and not knowing if your kid was one of the victims.

GuyInTucson
12-14-2012, 09:32 AM
So the most recent update I read says they have the other person in custody.

Miroir Noir
12-14-2012, 09:37 AM
I hear you guys, my thoughts keep going back to me putting our little guy on his bus today. They were having a "Polar Express" Day at his school, the kids could wear pajamas if they wanted. It's that time of year. I can't imagine if that had been the last time I had seen him . . .

ThatGirl
12-14-2012, 09:46 AM
This is horrifying. Feel sick reading about it.

canexplain
12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
so I go to the first flick I have gone to in I think 8 years. The Hobbit. We are sitting there, in our seats, and the whole theater is evacuated ......this is Aurora ya know...... cr****

HunterGather
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
1MAbd0RAG94

algunz
12-18-2012, 02:47 PM
so I go to the first flick I have gone to in I think 8 years. The Hobbit. We are sitting there, in our seats, and the whole theater is evacuated ......this is Aurora ya know...... cr****

This is fascinating to me. I'm trying to understand the logic behind doing this.

I get it, but I don't. This is a life-long problem, but the past few days have just exasperated it.

Or the threats against the Newton church? I really just don't get it.

Tubesock Shakur
12-18-2012, 02:53 PM
1MAbd0RAG94

Pretty sure the skinny klizown (shaggy?) is gay. I don't know why but I enjoyed icp theater.

Courtney
12-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Ha that youtube.

So I just went to my kitchen to make some earl grey tea in my underwear, as I am prone to do at 4pm when school is on break, and then I glanced out the window and noticed a neighbor in the house next to ours staring intently through the window at me. My immediate reaction was to laugh and wave, but now I'm not sure whether I should:

1) Go introduce myself
2) Buy some kitchen curtains ASAP
or
3) Step it up with some better underwear

Originalbob
12-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Definitely #3! Torrid has some great lacy boy shorts that let just enough butt cheek peek out from the bottom! Do that, then ask if they'd like some tea--I love earl grey! Mmmmh, bergamont!

Originalbob
12-18-2012, 09:51 PM
But to change moods, I liked this. Maybe one of the lawyers could tell me if this would be harassment... I detest the Westboro Baptist Church. The people who harass them in return, I fully endorse.

http://i.imgur.com/JKwN3.jpg

bmack86
12-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I figure I have a better chance of snagging you here than in the Music Lounge:

Tom, did you/do you listen to the Gun Club? If not, what is wrong with you? If yes, thoughts?

TomAz
12-19-2012, 04:39 AM
"Sex Beat" is such a great song. I remember virtually nothing else of that band however.

bug on your lip
12-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Definitely #3! Torrid has some great lacy boy shorts that let just enough butt cheek peek out from the bottom! Do that, then ask if they'd like some tea--I love earl grey! Mmmmh, bergamont!

Is there a house for sale near you??