PDA

View Full Version : The Default Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94

SoulDischarge
01-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Patrick, I'm not sure I want to know why you can identify the smell of crack cooking.

Another unfortunate side effect of growing up in Akron.

Suffacated
01-16-2010, 05:59 PM
While driving home from work tonight I noticed a vibration while down shifting.
Almost like a failing u-joint. So I call up Auto Zone to locate the parts....cool, they have them. I pull into their parking lot I crawl underneath my truck to take a look at which u-joint is going bad and WTF! My transmission is about to fall out... :eek:
Looks like I've still got some work to do this evening...

canexplain
01-17-2010, 02:27 AM
It only makes sense the new Teabaggers big anthem is a song by ray stevens whos' big hits included gitarzan, the streak, ahab the arab, and harry the hairy ape. cr**** oh and least we forget
Jeremiah Peabody's Polyunsaturated Quick-Dissolving, Fast-Acting Pleasant-Tasting Green and Purple Pills

Ray Stevens didn't hold back his disgust for the overhaul of the health care system. I am not sure if he is for health care for everyone, or if he is more disgusted with the forced insurance premiums.

In his song, “We the People” Ray Stevens protests the legislation of “Obama Care.” He sings you vote Obama care we are going to vote you out of there. He said that we are “being royally defecated upon.” Stevens then continued to joke about the politicians going into the medical business after they are out of work because of all the red tape that will go on.

This song has become a sort of anthem that a protest group called The Tea Party Patriots. They are typically conservatives that have been protesting across the country.

Geno_g
01-17-2010, 03:11 AM
I made some glass dishes tonight...
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/glass/100_2190.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/glass/100_2191.jpg

GnarVee
01-17-2010, 07:42 AM
I made some glass dishes tonight...
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/glass/100_2190.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/glass/100_2191.jpg

nice!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-18-2010, 02:20 AM
I wish it wasnt raining so hard. I need to go to CVS to pick up some isopropanol for..uh...arts and crafts... :(

TommyboyUNM
01-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Some people in my office just discovered Chuck Norris facts.

pancakespancakes
01-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I like the Coachella lineup this year. I realized, though, that I like it about the same amount every year, never really more or less. I also realized that how much I like the lineup is based more and more off of what my friends and other people around me think of it than what my personal taste agrees with.

Where the hell else was I supposed to post my thoughts? I don't know. Here I am, Default Thread.

BrettShipes
01-19-2010, 04:09 PM
OpJGZ9RHAvU

Epic

paulthomasanderson
01-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Awww:

The Smashing Pumpkins rocker is said to have grown weary of the attention their brief romance attracted, but has promised to remain friends with the singer-and-actress and he will still help with her new album.

canexplain
01-19-2010, 06:54 PM
So Brown won in Mass. Guess the dems are going to have to be tricky to make the health bill pass. They have two easy outs, so I still think it is a given. Now for new things, that is a horse of a different color. cr****

GeezrRckr
01-19-2010, 06:57 PM
they should have taken the damn reconciliation route from the beginning. fukken pussies.

BROKENDOLL
01-19-2010, 06:58 PM
So Brown won in Mass. Guess the dems are going to have to be tricky to make the health bill pass. They have two easy outs, so I still think it is a given. Now for new things, that is a horse of a different color. cr****

OMG! Ron! You look so much younger with your hat off and a good haircut! Good Lord! What a change! :D

canexplain
01-19-2010, 07:10 PM
they should have taken the damn reconciliation route from the beginning. fukken pussies.

Yea I agree they should have done that. Now they have to get the dems in the house to go along with the senate bill and vote on it b4 brown gets into office. The only way that won't work will be the dems fault and nothing the repubs do. We have the power you jerks, last chance. cr****

canexplain
01-19-2010, 07:13 PM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/nuclear-bomb-badger350.jpg option

cr****

GeezrRckr
01-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Yea I agree they should have done that. Now they have to get the dems in the house to go along with the senate bill and vote on it b4 brown gets into office. The only way that won't work will be the dems fault and nothing the repubs do. We have the power you jerks, last chance. cr****

not to be such a negative nellie....but i'll bet you a joint that they won't, ron. i'm afraid the stone is cast. this congress is a bunch of impotent whores sucking the teat of the machine...every single last one of them.

canexplain
01-19-2010, 07:31 PM
not to be such a negative nellie....but i'll bet you a joint that they won't, ron. i'm afraid the stone is cast. this congress is a bunch of impotent whores sucking the teat of the machine...every single last one of them.

OK, I am going to give them one last chance. The bet is on. :( ... cr****

GeezrRckr
01-19-2010, 07:36 PM
here's to you winning it too, ron!

amyzzz
01-20-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm moving from the 15th to the 14th floor at work today. Ahh back to lucky number 13! (since the 14th floor is really the 13th).

HowToDisappear
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Somebody please start a thread for The Sane, Rational, And Mentally-Balanced.

locachica73
01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey, there is nothing wrong with a little crazy... or so the voices tell me.

HowToDisappear
01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
There's too much crazy going on here. PTA's Kat's Tweets thread pretty much sealed the deal for me.

TomAz
01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
I will not go back in the Line-Up Thread.

hawkingvsreeve
01-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Buckle up guys. It's going to be like this until the end of May.

BROKENDOLL
01-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Somebody please start a thread for The Sane, Rational, And Mentally-Balanced.
Believe it or not, I actually considered an idea similar to this yesterday. Me, of all people...is that scary, or what?

HowToDisappear
01-20-2010, 12:38 PM
More than you can imagine.

guedita
01-20-2010, 01:07 PM
My car has been broken into twice (I think with a slim jim), and now I can't open my driver's side door from the inside. I also have automatic sliding seat belts so crawling into the passenger side seat and getting out of my car that way makes me look even more idiotic.

Any suggestions...?

Mr. Dylanja
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
My car has been broken into twice (I think with a slim jim), and now I can't open my driver's side door from the inside. I also have automatic sliding seat belts so crawling into the passenger side seat and getting out of my car that way makes me look even more idiotic.

Any suggestions...?

I need video of said diliemma in order to provide constructive feedback =)

BROKENDOLL
01-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Buckle up guys. It's going to be like this until the end of May.
Buckle up? As in seatbelts, or straightjackets?

hawkingvsreeve
01-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Whatever restrains your hands and fingers.

J~$$$$
01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
ZooYDKIDOaQ&feature

The new shoe line and 51/50 caps are pretty sweet.

guedita
01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
I need video of said diliemma in order to provide constructive feedback =)

I fixed it...there was a loose screw. Don't worry, Dylan...I'm sure you'll see me fumbling around awkwardly at some point..."dancing."

locachica73
01-21-2010, 07:02 AM
287 different threads were posted in since I left work last night at 4 pm. That is impressive.

canexplain
01-21-2010, 07:13 AM
287 different threads were posted in since I left work last night at 4 pm. That is impressive.

and 280 of them are from new members .... cr****

locachica73
01-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I think I only read like 5 of the 287.

TomAz
01-21-2010, 01:34 PM
David Pogue, a pretty nice and relaxed guy, rants at Barnes & Noble:

January 21, 2010
From the Desk of David Pogue

Bogus Tech Measurements
By DAVID POGUE

Most people get cranky about politics, or the economy, or what passes for music these days.

But you know what gets me cranky?

Bogus measurements.

Day in and day out, the electronics industry manipulates us. They publish "speeds and feeds" in big bold type—measurements that turn out to mean almost nothing. It's all just misdirection.

For example, I've written many times about the absurdity of megapixel counts for cameras. (An unpublished, underpublicized spec like sensor size is a far better predictor of photo quality.)

Until Intel hit a wall of physics that capped its processor speeds at about 3 gigahertz, I wrote often about the industry's misleading use of a PC's processor speed as a sort of letter grade for rating new PC's.

And I've ranted about the way the laptop industry measures battery life: they use a silly benchmark, in which all the wireless features are turned off, and the screen is dimmed as low as 20 percent.

And don't get me started about the ridiculous TV-specification benchmarks. Do you really think the average person could see the difference between 720p or 1080i? Or between a contrast ratio of 500,000:1 versus a million to 1?

But in every case, like every other reviewer on the planet, I've always taken one thing for granted: that even when manufacturers are overstating the importance of one spec or another, at least they were giving us accurate measurements.

I mean, how can a normal person measure the megahertz of a processor, or the contrast ratio of a TV set, or the lifespan of a lithium-ion battery? At some point, you have to assume that the companies are providing us with accurate specs.

But you can't assume that. Not anymore.

A couple of months ago, I reviewed Barnes & Noble's Nook e-book reader. I confess, I didn't love it much. It's slow and buggy, the battery lasts one-third as long as the Kindle's, and the bookstore prices are generally higher than Amazon's.

But this week, I discovered something that's sort of shocking, when you think about it: Barnes & Noble has been claiming that the Nook weighs less than it really does.

OK, not by much. The company says the thing weighs 11.2 ounces. In fact, it weighs 12.1 ounces. (I discovered this when my daughter set it on a home postal scale. Later, I confirmed it with a fancier scale at the actual post office.)

That's right: Barnes & Noble conveniently shaved 7.4 percent off of the Nook's weight, and hoped nobody would notice.

Well, OK. What's 7.4 percent? I mean, we're talking about an understatement of one ounce here. Who cares?

First of all, you might care if you have to hold this hard plastic slab in your hands for hours, as you must when you actually read books on it. (USA Today's Ed Baig almost uncovered the secret when he wrote in his review: "Nook weighs 11.2 ounces compared with 10.2 ounces for the Kindle. I felt the extra ounce." No, Ed—you actually felt the extra TWO ounces.)

But more important, the deceit matters. The principle matters.

Barnes & Noble might have gotten away with fudging a statistic that nobody can easily measure at home, like battery life or contrast ratio or processor speed. But no, they had to fudge the weight, which anyone can check with a simple postal scale. What were they thinking?

Barnes & Noble claims that it's all an innocent mistake. "Given the higher than anticipated demand for Nooks last year, Barnes & Noble made some minor variances in the manufacturing process to get units to customers more quickly," says spokeswoman Mary Ellen Keating. "Those minor changes resulted in a marginal weight difference from the pre-production specs, making Nook 12.1 ounces. We are in the process of updating all references to the weight."

So that's it?

No "oops," no "we apologize for the error?" Nope; nothing but a cheesy attempt to spin this gaffe into a marketing message. The company blames the error on "the higher than anticipated demand." Oh, OK. Well, in THAT case…

And by the way—isn't it funny that Barnes & Noble knew about the error, but never bothered to correct it until today, when I caught them and let them know I'd be publicizing it?

The problem is, this deception has totally changed the game for people who write about consumer tech. There's no doubt at all that we, the overworked members of the tech-reviewers' union, have always accepted manufacturers' benchmarks as accurate. In the Nook's case, for example, every single major reviewer—Wall Street Journal, USA Today, PC World, CNET, Engadget—wound up parroting the company's weight claim. Including me.

It's just never occurred to anyone that these companies might lie about this stuff.

So what does this mean? Are we now supposed to quintuple our workload by re-testing every gadget we're sent?

I mean, for all I know, some phone I reviewed might be 4.5 inches tall instead of 4.4. Maybe the laptop battery that's supposedly good for 500 charges over its lifetime would actually conk out after 350. Maybe the guts of a plasma TV aren't nearly as recyclable as the company claims. How the heck would anyone know? Some of these things require a lab to test; others require a time machine.

I'm *really* cranky at Barnes & Noble for pulling this scam, because now it will be much harder to believe any of these companies' published specs.

My job, and yours, just got a lot more complicated.

BlackSwan
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
More of this:

2uLQOYtpZsA

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Deaf people, they never listen.

rskapcat
01-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I have two cats on my lap right now. It's uncomfortable for all parties involved.

TomAz
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
(waiting for BD illustration of becca's predicament)

GeezrRckr
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
don't encourage, tom.

Monklish
01-23-2010, 10:17 AM
(complete with totally blunt "pussy" pun)

TomAz
01-23-2010, 10:20 AM
(Randy got the joke)

Monklish
01-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Hey guys, sup?

mountmccabe
01-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Don't worry, you already gave away that it was you with your misspelling of whiffle.

Hannahrain
01-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Bad news, JM. I looked it up. He's right. Things will never be the same. Unbearaberries.

amyzzz
01-23-2010, 10:31 AM
hahaha

Monklish
01-23-2010, 10:31 AM
You guys shouldn't question me when I correct you. I don't do it unless I've already checked and I know I'm going to be able to hold it over your witless heads.

Hannahrain
01-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Shove it up your incompetent cervix.

Monklish
01-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Whatnot.

rskapcat
01-23-2010, 11:08 AM
(I didn't mean to be overly specific, I just thought that "pussy pun" was a totally awesome alliteration)

Sounds like a rapper name. Tha Pussy Punisher. Could be an insult or a compliment, really.

canexplain
01-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Now with Rothbury cancelled, 10k cancelled, that big fest in Miami last year cancelled, this really sucks. Some might say it's good news for Coachella but I am guessing in the long run it isn't. Dani can you comment on this. Is this good, bad, or indifferent news for GV and Coachella? cr****

Hannahrain
01-23-2010, 12:57 PM
The letter in my Russian textbook to which I am to respond tells me (in Russian) that my fictional compadre's favorite musician is Peter Gabriel.

TomAz
01-23-2010, 01:03 PM
You might write back and ask your Russian friend if he has a clue what the fuck Ron is on about.

amyzzz
01-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Rothbury was cancelled this year,, and it SUCKS. I was gonna try to go.

PassiveTheory
01-23-2010, 05:26 PM
There are four Shpongle threads in the Wishlist section, one right after the other. Weird.

Monklish
01-23-2010, 05:52 PM
So I just watched the last episode of Conan doing The Tonight Show on Hulu. I found it really touching. I've been a fan of Conan's for a long time. When I was growing up my sister had a subscription to The Harvard Lampoon ever since I was old enough to read, and Conan was a writer for the nation's oldest humor magazine way back then. Then in the late eighties, either my brother or sister recognized his name on the credits of SNL when it was really hitting what we all felt to be its best years. We traced it back to Harvard Lampoon and made the connection, feeling like we somehow knew the guy just because we read his bits in a fucking magazine.

His career is really legendary in the world of comedy as far as I'm concerned. When he left SNL to go to The Simpsons, SNL stopped being the funniest thing around and The Simpsons took its place. The episodes he did on that show remain the absolute bar-none funniest things ever created by mankind. He is described by the longtime executive producers and creators of The Simpsons as having been the funniest person to ever set foot in their writers' room without question. Either out of reverence or just unbridled arrogance, I always felt a strange kinship with him while watching him on Late Night.

So it gets to the end of the show and he stops to make a personal address to the crowd. Most of you have probably seen it reprinted here (Roberto already did it), but for the sake of this post I will repeat:

"To all the people watching, I can never thank you enough for your kindness to me and I'll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

And something about it got to me. I started seriously thinking that perhaps my caustic way of livening up things is the wrong way to handle it. Maybe Conan had a real point about engaging the world with optimism and kindness, and it would be repaid. Perhaps I should consider adopting this philosophy.

But then it hit me. Know what being a kind optimist gets you? Replaced by talentless cocksuckers like Jay Leno.

Fuck that, Coco.

Bud Luster
01-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Fuck that, being kind is gonna get him another 40 mil. right?

canexplain
01-23-2010, 10:47 PM
For those people that like babies, or not ... cr****

7q2MgeJTNrw&hl

rskapcat
01-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Just looking at the youtube still is making me nauseated. Think I'll skip that one.

mountmccabe
01-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Marge Vs The Monorail is a great, great episode. Homer Goes To College is another classic. New Kid On The Block is good but not on that level.

These aren't the best The Simpsons has had to offer. These are not Cape Feare, Homer The Vigilante or Lisa On Ice or Lisa The Vegetarian or Wacking Day or You Only Move Twice.

You're correct that those Conan shows came around the time of when the show started to be amazing but it built from there.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Marge Vs The Monorail is a great, great episode. Homer Goes To College is another classic. New Kid On The Block is good but not on that level.

These aren't the best The Simpsons has had to offer. These are not Cape Feare, Homer The Vigilante or Lisa On Ice or Lisa The Vegetarian or Wacking Day or You Only Move Twice.

You're correct that those Conan shows came around the time of when the show started to be amazing but it built from there.

You're not counting episodes he was credited as Producer on. The people who get the "written by" credits on each episode are not necessarily who did all of the writing.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Incidentally, he was the producer on at least Cape Feare and Whacking Day at the very least. Neither of which are in the top five episodes. Thanks for playing though.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 07:35 AM
(I'll expect my apology promptly, John)

mountmccabe
01-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Cape Feare is probably my favorite episode of all time.

And I guess you didn't specifically say "he wrote" and yes, these were a team effort so I was certainly too limiting in my list.

But I still think your wording was a little odd. He was certainly there for the show's peak, and can be counted as amongst the reasons why they were so good.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 08:03 AM
I think I'll take the opinions of the people who worked on the show as to who was the funniest guy working on the show, John. But thanks for your input.

canexplain
01-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Just looking at the youtube still is making me nauseated. Think I'll skip that one.

Becca, it's beat like in beat box. It's cute not weird. cr****

rskapcat
01-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Ron, food on faces/hands makes me sick.

canexplain
01-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Ron, food on faces/hands makes me sick.

Oh, ok.. It was just a couple of cute kids and beat box. cr****

chairmenmeow47
01-25-2010, 07:17 AM
i hate petition threads and threads regarding conflicts with a passion.

faxman75
01-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Pittsburgh cops-1 Teen violinist-0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/22/AR2010012202209.html
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2010/01/22/PH2010012203410.jpg

SoulDischarge
01-25-2010, 08:53 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/124/Courage-Wolf-SUPPORT-THE-POLICE-BEAT-YOURSELF-UP.jpg

ABCkatie
01-25-2010, 09:07 AM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saverothbury2010/

sign this petition to save rothbury ^

faxman75
01-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi Katie. You should put that in the Rothbury thread.

TomAz
01-25-2010, 09:27 AM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saverothbury2010/

sign this petition to save rothbury ^

How, exactly, do you think this is going to work?

rskapcat
01-25-2010, 09:39 AM
It's gonna make money appear, Tom. Like festival-saving MAGIC.

ABCkatie
01-25-2010, 09:41 AM
theres a roth thread?
and it will show them that we appreciate it...
it probably won't bring it back this year but hopefully they wont take 2011 away too

SoulDischarge
01-25-2010, 09:43 AM
After you sign that Rothbury one, you guys should sign my petition to stop all human suffering until the end of existence on this planet. Thnx.

TomAz
01-25-2010, 09:43 AM
What Becca said. They don't want your appreciation. They want your money. If they thought there would be enough people to spend money on it to make it worth their while, they wouldn't have cancelled it to begin with.

SoulDischarge
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
No Tom. They want to know that you BELIEVE. If everyone would just open their windows and scream together "I BELIEVE I BELIEVE I BELIEVE" then maybe, just maybe, we can save this thing.

ABCkatie
01-25-2010, 09:46 AM
hahahahahaha
alright, maybe it's a little far fetched
but i can dream can't i?

SoulDischarge
01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Oh wait. I just realized real life isn't a Dr. Seuss book. As you were.

ABCkatie
01-25-2010, 09:49 AM
it isn't?

GeezrRckr
01-25-2010, 09:51 AM
ron, this one's for you. too bad it's the same weekend as coachella. maybe a backup should you not pull the trigger this year.

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20100123/VALLEYNEWS/100129949/1083&ParentProfile=1074

‘Cannabis crown' coming to Aspen A version of Amsterdam's “Cannabis Cup” is coming to Aspen, in which medical marijuana growers, providers, patients and others in the industry will convene over one weekend in April.....continues

we should have one of these in SF.

TomAz
01-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Very well sir.
Step this way.
We'll find another
Game to play.

Sleepingrock
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
SF doesn't have the Cannabis Cup?? Crazy

Geno_g
01-25-2010, 11:46 AM
They have a medical cup in SF but it's overpriced to be a judge, it just happened a couple months ago...

J~$$$$
01-25-2010, 12:13 PM
I pass 14 dispensaries on my way home. That's 10 miles in one direction. If I was to plot my direction now and do a 10 mile radius there would be close to 100-150 dispensaries from me at this moment.

HowToDisappear
01-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Get ready, people of California. Just filed our CA state taxes. OWWWW. They weren't kidding about trying to fill the gazillion dollar hole in the state budget.

miscorrections
01-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Fuck. I really don't want to owe them anything since I don't live there anymore.

canexplain
01-25-2010, 07:34 PM
ron, this one's for you. too bad it's the same weekend as coachella. maybe a backup should you not pull the trigger this year.

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20100123/VALLEYNEWS/100129949/1083&ParentProfile=1074

we should have one of these in SF.

Damn Aspen is too far to drive just for an update on the latest strains. If it wasn't I might head up there. It's sort of funny now days, one of the MMJ places here post on a board that anyone can go to and see what is coming in that day or week, what the daily special is, what clones are for sale etc. Times they are a changin ..... cr****

amyzzz
01-26-2010, 08:22 AM
I hate my new cubicle. There are too many people standing around talking and distracting me.

locachica73
01-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Distracting you from posting on the internet? I hate when that happens. :p

I use to have a cubicle right outside the construction managers office and whenever people would come to see him, if he was on the phone or busy, they would prop themselves on my wall and chat with me. It was fun when I was bored but when I was busy it use to piss me off.

cormaic
01-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Coachella's facebook page is so ridiculous. It's either people bitching about no single day passes or people totally excited the David Guetta, Tiesto and Benny Benassi are going to be there.

I don't know why that surprises me.

Suffacated
01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I hate my new cubicle. There are too many people standing around talking and distracting me.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/image148.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/habicase.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/HabitrailOvoTransportUnit.jpg

TallGuyCM
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Coachella's facebook page is so ridiculous. It's either people bitching about no single day passes or people totally excited the David Guetta, Tiesto and Benny Benassi are going to be there.

I don't know why that surprises me.

I noticed that too, at first I thought they were joking.

miscorrections
01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Just did my taxes and California owes me one dollar. In better news, my return this year will pay for car insurance, Coachella spending money, and my ATP ticket.

Courtney
01-26-2010, 10:50 PM
That's pretty excellent news. High five.

PlayaDelWes
01-27-2010, 10:55 AM
So, I'm sitting in my home office and I see this white van rolling through the hood with the sliding door open and some kid hanging out nailing the center of every single doorstep with big ass phone books. From a moving van, and about 50' away, the Kid has good aim.

Now only if they would save a few trees and stop giving everyone phone books.

GeezrRckr
01-27-2010, 07:05 PM
jeesus...are we back in the 80's. could have sworn that black man up there was ronald reagan. sigh.

canexplain
01-28-2010, 08:01 AM
The ipad is a lame name.... cr****

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Just did my taxes and California owes me one dollar. In better news, my return this year will pay for car insurance, Coachella spending money, and my ATP ticket.

i did mein on sunday and my state comes in tomorrow & federal this weekend. i have way too much taken out cause i'm always paranoid it won't be enough, so my refund is pretty sweet. i will be using mein to get a new laptop & a new tv. my bedroom tv broke recently & the used laptop randy got me when mein got stolen is on it's last leg. if there's anything left over, i'm getting a wii & rockband.

normally i spend it on a big snowboarding trip, but there's so much crap i need i can't really justify that this year. i'm hoping to just be able to afford a plane ticket so i can stay with a friend in portland and drive up to mount hood.

i am very lucky this year. i know i'm getting a promotion this spring though and i think i'm starting to get to the income threshold where you have to file differently or whatever so i'm going to spend like crazy this year for sure lol.

amyzzz
01-28-2010, 08:18 AM
I'll be happy if we break even on taxes. I don't want to owe anything.

locachica73
01-28-2010, 08:20 AM
I am hoping me cleaning out my 401k last year isn't going to fuck me over completely, they withheld 1/3 of it for taxes, I am crossing my fingers that was enough. I am use to getting a healthy chunk of change from them each year, I will cry if I don't get enough for my coachella ticket at least.

canexplain
01-28-2010, 08:31 AM
I am hoping me cleaning out my 401k last year isn't going to fuck me over completely, they withheld 1/3 of it for taxes, I am crossing my fingers that was enough. I am use to getting a healthy chunk of change from them each year, I will cry if I don't get enough for my coachella ticket at least.

Yea when I retire I could get my money in a lump sum but they would take out about 35% in taxes I think they said. If I take it month to month, it is like 3.5k till I drop over dead. They are hoping it will be about a year, I am hoping about 30 ….. cr****

cubrocker
01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
i hate tax time. i doubt ill owe anything- they always take a 3rd of my check.

amyzzz
01-28-2010, 12:48 PM
I think we're buying a (used) bmw convertible this weekend. I guess Jacob is going through a mid-life crisis already.

Geno_g
01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
I think we're buying a (used) bmw convertible this weekend. I guess Jacob is going through a mid-life crisis already.

My dad recently just bought a Mercedes Benz convertible that was only made in Germany and was imported over, that's what his mid-life crisis was...

Mr. Dylanja
01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
lol, careful zzz, the scottsdale arm-candy's coming next.

amyzzz
01-28-2010, 12:58 PM
I wish!

Mr. Dylanja
01-28-2010, 01:00 PM
implantzzz?

amyzzz
01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't think Jacob would ever want anyone with implants. (or he's lying to make me feel good)

Mr. Dylanja
01-28-2010, 01:24 PM
where's Monky when I need him?

amyzzz
01-28-2010, 01:24 PM
oh fuck off.

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2010, 01:26 PM
omg, we got a student letter requesting financial aid reinstatement. the letter is supposed to detail the extenuating circumstances that prevent you from being successful academically to get reinstated. a lady wrote us about "bumps on her vergina" and enclosed PICTURES. and my co-worker just lifted up her monitor & SHOWED THEM TO ME. FUCKNG GROSS.

Pixiessp
01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I was planning on getting mine done tomorrow but one of my statements was delivered during the nasty rainstorm we just had and it is an inky mess.
I am having it re-sent. It won't be here till Feb.10th though.
So much for trying to get an early jump on it. Btw, I am speaking of my taxes.

locachica73
01-29-2010, 09:28 AM
I had a phone interview today with this guy and one of the questions was "what are your hobbies outside of work". I mentioned playing poker, traveling if finances permit, etc. He asked where I like to travel to. Of course being brutally honest when asked a direct question I mentioned that I go to a music festival every year in April. He asked which one and I said of course Coachella. He got all excited, apparently he has wanted to go for years but has never made it. 5 minutes of the 30 minute phone interview was discussing Coachella. Then he said... So I assume that is your way of requesting those days off? I need to stop being so honest. Although he did take it all in good nature but that might be a red flag for a new employer.

canexplain
01-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I had a phone interview today with this guy and one of the questions was "what are your hobbies outside of work". I mentioned playing poker, traveling if finances permit, etc. He asked where I like to travel to. Of course being brutally honest when asked a direct question I mentioned that I go to a music festival every year in April. He asked which one and I said of course Coachella. He got all excited, apparently he has wanted to go for years but has never made it. 5 minutes of the 30 minute phone interview was discussing Coachella. Then he said... So I assume that is your way of requesting those days off? I need to stop being so honest. Although he did take it all in good nature but that might be a red flag for a new employer.

I don't know, in some ways it puts you in a great position. If coachella means more to you then the job you come flat out and say "yes I have to have those days off" or if the job means more to you, you can say "yes I love coachella and would like those days off but if it is a conflict, the job means more to me." It is sort of a win win but it sounds like that situation is already done. cr****

locachica73
01-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I said I go every year so if offered the position I would have to be gone April 15th and 16th. But I like that it is at least out there, if they decide not to hire me because I can't take two days off in April then I would rather not work for them.

canexplain
01-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I said I go every year so if offered the position I would have to be gone April 15th and 16th. But I like that it is at least out there, if they decide not to hire me because I can't take two days off in April then I would rather not work for them.

Good luck either way. The job market seems to be picking up a bit but it still sucks I guess. I am glad I am not out there trying to find a job. cr****

Hannahrain
01-29-2010, 11:45 AM
There's a guy on WifeSwap defiantly playing his contraband lute to calm his temper. I can't deal with this. If somebody doesn't hand me a fucking lute right this second I'm going to lose it. I just really need a lute right now.

SoulDischarge
01-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Loot for a lute.

I know. Sorry. Fuck you.

theresalwaysone
01-29-2010, 06:00 PM
omg, we got a student letter requesting financial aid reinstatement. the letter is supposed to detail the extenuating circumstances that prevent you from being successful academically to get reinstated. a lady wrote us about "bumps on her vergina" and enclosed PICTURES. and my co-worker just lifted up her monitor & SHOWED THEM TO ME. FUCKNG GROSS.

Post here plz.

rskapcat
01-29-2010, 06:37 PM
If you possess a vagina, at least show it some respect & spell the word correctly.

Ivy, I hope you did not grant her request!

CuervoPH
01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
"My vergina ate my homework."

Mr. Dylanja
01-30-2010, 05:25 PM
My roommate moved back which means Widespread Panic is the only music I'll be hearing him play until I leave.

FML

amyzzz
01-30-2010, 05:35 PM
earplugz?

malcolmjamalawesome
01-30-2010, 05:39 PM

Well that's one way of looking at it. Another way is that if you can't just miss this festival this once time as it falls with the first quarter of a year in which you'd be at a new job they may not want you to work for them, either.

Mr. Dylanja
01-30-2010, 05:43 PM
earplugz?

I prefer earmuffs.

MissingPerson
01-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Muhahaha.

http://www.muffdivingclub.ie/MuffDonegal.html

amyzzz
01-30-2010, 05:47 PM
the best muffs of all. Damnit, now I'm hungry.

Mr. Dylanja
01-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Have you been to The Muff Festival?

SoulDischarge
01-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Aquatic safety is no joke you guys.

Suffacated
01-30-2010, 06:07 PM
A man was lying in bed with his new girlfriend.
After having great sex, she spent the next hour just rubbing his testicles .
Something she just loved to do.
As he was lying there enjoying it, he turned and asked her,
"Why do you love doing that?"
"Because" .... she Replied ...
"I Really Miss Mine!"

miscorrections
01-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Modern poetry is so risque.

bmack86
01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Wait, I don't get it? She's a she, right? Girls don't have boy parts. I learned that in science.

stinkbutt
01-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Random text from a friend: "Does Girl Talk have to pay royalties?"

I didn't know does anyone here have an answer?

locachica73
02-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Well that's one way of looking at it. Another way is that if you can't just miss this festival this once time as it falls with the first quarter of a year in which you'd be at a new job they may not want you to work for them, either.

I would rather stay at the job I hate for 2 more months and get the days off than take a job somewhere I might like or not, and missing the one thing I look forward to the most all year.

SoulDischarge
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Oh fuck yeah, the Art Institute here is free every day this month. Fuck all y'all squares, I'm going to go get some culture.

EDIT: Nevermind. Shit's about to close for the day.

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2010, 01:48 PM
speaking of art, i really need to find something for my mantle.

SoulDischarge
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3519/3177602596_98bdf04c44.jpg

locachica73
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
eeek... clowns are scary.

guedita
02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
The people in my office are constantly planning meetings for planning meetings. "Are you free at 2 today? Can we meet to discuss when we should have that undergraduate meeting?" I've worked here for almost 4 months and I don't know if an actual meeting has ever occurred.

marooko
02-01-2010, 08:51 PM
i want a one day ticket.

CuervoPH
02-01-2010, 08:55 PM
The people in my office are constantly planning meetings for planning meetings. "Are you free at 2 today? Can we meet to discuss when we should have that undergraduate meeting?" I've worked here for almost 4 months and I don't know if an actual meeting has ever occurred.

This is a constant at my workplace. Nothing irritates me more than, "We need to have a meeting to decide our agenda for the upcoming meeting." Grow a pair and decide our agenda for the upcoming meeting. Don't pull me away from real work to help you plan that.

amyzzz
02-02-2010, 07:12 AM
i want a one day ticket.
Go there the day of and wait in line.

marooko
02-02-2010, 07:44 AM
That's just stupid.

locachica73
02-02-2010, 07:45 AM
We use to plan meetings just to get free food. Those were the days...

amyzzz
02-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Dani said they may release single day tickets the day of (like they do every single year).

chairmenmeow47
02-02-2010, 08:01 AM
that's the only reason i went on saturday in 2004. i had friends buy me tickets at the gate & then i drove right the fuck out and got there in time for beck.

marooko
02-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Dani said they may release single day tickets the day of (like they do every single year).

No way I'm gonna plan a trip in hopes that they do that. If they do it a couple weeks ahead, we'll see.

that's the only reason i went on saturday in 2004. i had friends buy me tickets at the gate & then i drove right the fuck out and got there in time for beck.

This might work if I didn't live 7 hours away.

We'll see how it goes. i wasn't planning on going last year and we ended up going.

TallGuyCM
02-02-2010, 07:57 PM
OK WTF this "doppelganger week" on facebook has gone too far. Look what some crazy person just messaged me (Jason Segel doppelganger):

"i enjoy watching u on screen. ur very funny and talented. u also have this sexiness going on as well. the end of 2009 and beginning of 2010 has not been all that of good news. i will say the best news is that our 5 y/o son is healthy and very happy exploring life. my mans' mom passed in nov09 =_( , my mothers' cancer is bk, terminal,, our son had minor surgery, purse stolen, guy who took it attempted to brake in our home, need i say more. just when i thought i had it bad, my friends' 4 y/o passed away. there is no comparison to the lost of a child....as i sat on watched my son sleep the night of the attempted break in, i realized, at that moment, how fortunate we are to all be together, safe and together. family is the best dose of any cure. what made us all laugh was you. coincidentally we rented 2 of your movies. we laughed, we need to laugh....thx...ur awesome, gorgeous and i enjoy who u r"

miscorrections
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I made my profile picture Captain Murphy in protest.

Pixiessp
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
OK WTF this "doppelganger week" on facebook has gone too far. Look what some crazy person just messaged me (Jason Segel doppelganger):

"i enjoy watching u on screen. ur very funny and talented. u also have this sexiness going on as well. the end of 2009 and beginning of 2010 has not been all that of good news. i will say the best news is that our 5 y/o son is healthy and very happy exploring life. my mans' mom passed in nov09 =_( , my mothers' cancer is bk, terminal,, our son had minor surgery, purse stolen, guy who took it attempted to brake in our home, need i say more. just when i thought i had it bad, my friends' 4 y/o passed away. there is no comparison to the lost of a child....as i sat on watched my son sleep the night of the attempted break in, i realized, at that moment, how fortunate we are to all be together, safe and together. family is the best dose of any cure. what made us all laugh was you. coincidentally we rented 2 of your movies. we laughed, we need to laugh....thx...ur awesome, gorgeous and i enjoy who u r"

I am a big fan of yours too.

locachica73
02-03-2010, 06:18 AM
One of the boardies did a facial recognition thing for me and apparently my doppleganger is janeane garofalo. We do have similar 5-heads and tattoos but other than that I didn't see the resemblance. but she is funny in a bitchy way which makes me smile.

CuervoPH
02-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Apparently my friends don't check FB that often, so I have some friends who are on Doppleganger week, some who are on Brother/Sister week, and some who are on Post Pictures of your Pet week. I've noticed that people generally more closely resemble their pets than their dopplegangers.

canexplain
02-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Well I just got a check for $934 as a 1% bonus this year. I don't get a raise this year though ..... grrrrrr ... so the usual good and bad .... cr****

locachica73
02-03-2010, 07:03 AM
I haven't watched the new episode of LOST yet but am finding it very difficult to stay out of the LOST thread. I WANT TO KNOW... but don't.

amyzzz
02-03-2010, 07:27 AM
I don't really know where to find what facebook "week" it is.

locachica73
02-03-2010, 07:38 AM
It is a different week depending on who you talk to. Marc Sparks is usually the one I follow as he seems to be more up to date than my other facebook pals. Although I have one that is in some urbandictionary.com week. But I don't like to conform.

Speaking of facebook. I will probably go to hell for this but I find it a little funny that one of my "friends" from school who found me is all churchy now, posting about god and what not but back in high school she was a total bitch/whore. And another girl who was the typical head cheerleader who pretended to be nice to your face but talked shit about you behind your back, who picked on me quite a bit for not being the thin girl is now quite heavy. It makes me a little happy, karma is a bitch.

Devin the Dude
02-03-2010, 11:18 AM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs244.ash1/17170_275641348039_532368039_3390029_5842083_n.jpg

ZackQ
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
It is a different week depending on who you talk to. Marc Sparks is usually the one I follow as he seems to be more up to date than my other facebook pals. Although I have one that is in some urbandictionary.com week. But I don't like to conform.

Speaking of facebook. I will probably go to hell for this but I find it a little funny that one of my "friends" from school who found me is all churchy now, posting about god and what not but back in high school she was a total bitch/whore. And another girl who was the typical head cheerleader who pretended to be nice to your face but talked shit about you behind your back, who picked on me quite a bit for not being the thin girl is now quite heavy. It makes me a little happy, karma is a bitch.

You're not going to hell for any of that. Finding out that classmates have gotten fat or had kids at 20 is one of the best parts of Facebook.

hawkingvsreeve
02-03-2010, 11:27 AM
You should tell her how fat she is on her wall. Make it count.

ZackQ
02-03-2010, 11:29 AM
The hottest chick from my high school got really fat. I always want to post on her wall..."you probably don't remember me, but I used to want to fuck you real bad. But not anymore because you're fat and your arms are really flabby."

locachica73
02-03-2010, 11:32 AM
lol i am too nice to do something like that. I feel bad enough that I get a little satisfaction from seeing that she put on weight. We nicknamed mini skirts "Robin Skirts" because she use to wear these skirts so short that her panties use to show. Then all the boys got pissed because they werent alllowed to wear shorts but the girls could wear "robin skirts" so a bunch of boys showed up to school one day in mini skirts, then got suspended. Good times.

Monklish
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I made my profile picture Captain Murphy in protest.

Hahahaha.

Devin the Dude
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
DEtP9zQAOI4

Monklish
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
DEtP9zQAOI4

... you know that you look like the kid in the video, right?

Devin the Dude
02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
actually that's me i was looking for some feedback on my dancing.

Devin the Dude
02-03-2010, 12:17 PM
randypants aside, how many of you are HAWT right now?

Monklish
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Seriously though, Devin looks like that kid.

Devin the Dude
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
fap fap

Still-ill
02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
So to join in on the facebook celebrity fun I did a quick celebrity morph. In my top results were Virginia Woolf, Monica Lewinsky, and Agatha Christie. Damn, they're all spot on too. I need to grow out my facial hair again.
Luckily Houdini was also in there... that made me feel better. Except I'm curious why all my results were from the turn of the century.

Geno_g
02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I found this article interesting, wonder if they would use it in places that need to be sterile, such as medical rooms and clean rooms for silicon chips in computers...
http://www.physorg.com/news184310039.html

lickety_spit
02-03-2010, 08:45 PM
3AEEj9_fn8g

Monklish
02-03-2010, 08:46 PM
3AEEj9_fn8g

Not like that, like this.

lickety_spit
02-03-2010, 08:48 PM
ha, got it an entire minute later.

Monklish
02-03-2010, 08:49 PM
If only there was a way I could edit the code to make it funny.

bmack86
02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
So to join in on the facebook celebrity fun I did a quick celebrity morph. In my top results were Virginia Woolf, Monica Lewinsky, and Agatha Christie. Damn, they're all spot on too. I need to grow out my facial hair again.
Luckily Houdini was also in there... that made me feel better. Except I'm curious why all my results were from the turn of the century.

So are you a woman or aren't you?

Still-ill
02-03-2010, 09:35 PM
So are you a woman or aren't you?

I'm starting to wonder that myself.

wmgaretjax
02-03-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm starting to wonder that myself.

embrace it. turn the wonder into epiphany.

PotVsKtl
02-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Women have a lot more parts that can be taken out if faulty.

Still-ill
02-03-2010, 09:42 PM
At least Gertrude Stein didn't come up... I don't know how I'd get up in the morning.

TomAz
02-04-2010, 07:12 AM
I have "Total Eclipse of the Heart" stuck in my head. Someone please shoot me.

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2010, 07:17 AM
foever's gonna start tonight, tom

locachica73
02-04-2010, 07:17 AM
great, now it's stuck in my head too.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Don't bring down the board mods, it gives me the chills ..... cr*****

Leeartlee
02-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Good God that was frightening

locachica73
02-04-2010, 10:29 AM
how many times did you refresh?

canexplain
02-04-2010, 10:31 AM

I just went to the other two boards. they are lame compaired with this one. Hey Lee, you know Pacifica? cr*****

Leeartlee
02-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Asking questions like this makes me realize how much time I waste at work.

Fuck.Me.

Leeartlee
02-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I just went to the other two boards. they are lame compaired with this one. Hey Lee, you know Pacifica? cr*****

I drive through it every time I go to The City. I hate the 280. That where you at?

canexplain
02-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I drive through it every time I go to The City. I hate the 280. That where you at?

Yea I hate most any road up there that ends in an 80. No I am in Denver. I just hung in Pacifica for about 8 years. cr*****

locachica73
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Asking questions like this makes me realize how much time I waste at work.

Fuck.Me.

I actually look at it the other way, all the time I waste at work when I could be at the coachella website. Yeah, my priorities are a little fucked.

But right now I am manually coallating a 124 page document that I need three copies of because this company doesn't own a real printer. This board is the only thing keeping me sane.

Leeartlee
02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Yea I hate most any road up there that ends in an 80. No I am in Denver. I just hung in Pacifica for about 8 years. cr*****

I heard a rumor Pacifica got swept to sea when that storm hit a few weeks ago. Wonder if it's still there...

canexplain
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I heard a rumor Pacifica got swept to sea when that storm hit a few weeks ago. Wonder if it's still there...

If it is up for a vote, I say wash it away!!!!!!!!!! cr*****

kitt kat
02-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Anyone know someone who would like to buy a like-new Canon XL2?

weeklymix
02-04-2010, 12:55 PM

Price?

locachica73
02-04-2010, 01:49 PM
The owner of the company that I interviewed for last night just showed up at my current office trying to solicit work from them.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 01:51 PM

How come you are selling it Kat? cr*****

lickety_spit
02-04-2010, 02:51 PM
If only there was a way I could edit the code to make it funny.

my sense of humor didn't develop past the second grade, so it's all i need.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I was sort of shocked by this. I received my daily Live Nation update and there is an article about country music. In the article there is a list for the "biggest country music festivals" there are this summer. Stagecoach was NOT on the list. Hell even Greeley was on the list and that is a small town north of denver that has a rodeo each year with a country fest at the same time. cr*****

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
وّامتي مُمْتِلئة بِأَنْقَلَيْسون

GeezrRckr
02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
^persian? what does it say?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-04-2010, 07:41 PM
arabic actually.

Look it up ;)

(and ftr, "persian" is called Farsi)

GeezrRckr
02-04-2010, 08:15 PM
i should not be posting on the board with a head full of sudafed. fuckall...i knew it was called farsi.

but, obviously, if i couldn't distinguish arabic from farsi there ain't no way i'll be able to look it up. good night.

Pixiessp
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
To comment on the Facebook Doppelganger week thing.
I didn't post a photo because i seriously do not look like any celebrity.
I was told once, when I was about 13, that I looked like Phoebe Snow.
Not sure why as I did not and still do not have a fro. I was a bit portly though.

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Slow

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Fucking

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Night.

matildawong
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't have a doppleganger either, pixie. Though I asked and my sister's friend said something about a thinner America Ferrara. I think she was just being nice with the thinner part. .... Oh and then my sister said Punky Brewster. Keee-rist.

(This was my sad attempt to add something to this thread. sorry.)

Edit -- Googled them both. I don't look like either -- though Punky is a funny halloween costume idea.

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I think I may be about to gnaw off my own arm.

shakermaker113
02-04-2010, 10:34 PM
did you?

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't know what kind of half-assed arm-gnawing you think I'd be doing that would allow me to have finished already.

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Hey I think I found a microchip.

SoulDischarge
02-04-2010, 10:39 PM
The kind that's outsourced to Malaysia?

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Don't be ridiculous. Malaysian water isn't fluorinated. They can't gnaw sturdy American flesh without their bicuspids crumbling like anemic cubicle-sitters at a lumberjack convention.

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Perhaps I mean fluoridated. I didn't bother to check because I'm relatively sure whichever is the correct term is only ever going to be said to me by conspiracy theorists and RFID tearcryers.

Hannahrain
02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Take my leaflet, I printed it on tree-free paper using ink from berries that cast themselves from the shrub of their own volition when they could grow plump and juicy no longer. Look, it has a watermark.

SoulDischarge
02-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Looks like the Hannahrain module chewed through it's own microchip. We're going to need a repair team down here.

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I really love this time of year when Randy gets all the lurkers riled up and they start taking personal shots at his avatar. Hilarious.

Monklish
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM
It's really great, because it actually gives me a reason to be even meaner and more argumentative than I would be normally. Like it turns into a duty. Some day I'll get him shot.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Ive come to like you, Monklish. *Superhomo*

GeezrRckr
02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
i hope so...he's such a twat.

(and, wtf with the guy with the supre avatar with all the makeup...that tripped me out)

GeezrRckr
02-05-2010, 06:07 PM
i just watched the first two episodes of californication...awesome! i think it's my new favorite show. it's got everything!

BROKENDOLL
02-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I really love this time of year when Randy gets all the lurkers riled up and they start taking personal shots at his avatar. Hilarious.
Since the lineup announcement, I've actually felt smarter thanks to a lot of the lurkers that bombarded the board. (I hope that wasn't my imagination playing those silly games and tricks with me again, dammit.)
I will agree though, pretty funny shit watching the carmage for a change, instead of being on the recieving end. And, the avatar...It will never get old.

ballroomdancer22
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
hahah your fucking sig

BROKENDOLL
02-05-2010, 11:27 PM
hahah your fucking sig
Silly, isn't it? I'm not sure what was funnier to me... that moo-moo stated it jokingly for all to see, or factually pointing out that suprefan sucks. I mean, seriously, the guy has like 24,000 plus posts and just recently started using the "F-word!" LOL

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-06-2010, 11:34 PM
hereeee kitty kitty kittyyyyyyy
that's right, come into mama's nose.
allll beetteerrrrr

malcolmjamalawesome
02-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Lufs! Chat! Now!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-06-2010, 11:40 PM
there's no one in there, quick, hop inside my skull. There's a party going on in there right now.

tessalasset
02-07-2010, 12:02 AM
I have nowhere else to put this--

I went to my friend's mom's birthday dinner tonight and it was assigned seating and John Stamos was sitting next to me.

Devin the Dude
02-07-2010, 02:57 AM
Goodnight board. :pulse :cat ^_^

guedita
02-07-2010, 07:11 AM

I went to my friend's mom's birthday dinner tonight and it was assigned seating and John Stamos was sitting next to me.

Were you able to refrain from calling him Uncle Jesse?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Beep beep, who got the keys to the Jeep? V-r-rrrrrrrooooom!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Apparently my cat likes rap. She leaves the room whenever im playing EDM like DnB and Dubstep, but she just ran in the room when I put on Geto Boys.

tessalasset
02-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I did but my friend didn't. :)

Gribbz
02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Anyone know the story behind this picture?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DJArcLight/18638_816349606782_10119257_4709615.jpg

algunz
02-08-2010, 07:58 PM
agfpctJEa_4

31 wheels on his suit - freaking crazy Euros. :thu

SoulDischarge
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Our furnace finally got fixed. Life is good.

SDsoldier7
02-10-2010, 08:29 AM
what is this google buzz all about?

im on it though. google buzz me.

J~$$$$
02-10-2010, 09:33 AM
what is this google buzz all about?

im on it though. google buzz me.

How do we "buzz" you if we dont know who you are?

canexplain
02-11-2010, 05:21 AM
This is part of a review from an aussie fest but it sounded like it could have come from a coachella review .... cr*****

Yup, we're talking that extra special breed of "well informed fan" who loves nothing better than to publish music blog after music blog extolling every reason unfathomable for why they're so much MORE "in the loop" than you are.. HELL YES!! You know the type: mouth breathing stick insects, melanin and vitamin deficient, hosting mp3 streams, writing endless sanctimonious gibberish over just how ridiculously awesome Animal Collective is, or why Grizzly Bear's "Yellow House" is SO MUCH superior to their utterly unpronouncable "Veckatimest" (I mean c'mon!? with an album title like that it's OBVIOUS they're trying too hard!). They're the ones that made Justice and all that chintzy French techno huge in 2006, overhyped the Klaxons beyond the point of retarded in 2007 and unleashed bands like Vampire Weekend upon you in 2008.

TomAz
02-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Ron, why do you even come here if you hate everyone and everything?

Can't argue with that last sentence though.

SoulDischarge
02-11-2010, 06:04 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/732/Discrimination-Hippie-BABBLE-BABBLE-BABBLE-STILL-NO-ONE-FUCKING-CARES.jpg

superfiction
02-11-2010, 06:30 AM
i went and aw wilco last night it was awesome. and before the show jeff tweedy signed my copy of yankee hotel foxtrot. boner.

canexplain
02-11-2010, 06:36 AM
If no one cared at all, then no one would comment about anything I say. so there .... cr*****

TomAz
02-11-2010, 06:38 AM
It does not take deep interest to ridicule you, you jackass.

canexplain
02-11-2010, 06:41 AM
I love having Tomaz on ignore because I can just guess what nice happy comments the little sad man has to say ..... cr*****

chairmenmeow47
02-11-2010, 06:41 AM

hot