PDA

View Full Version : The Default Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

algunz
10-18-2009, 11:20 PM
There's a eucalyptus grove near my home where the monarchs go every year. I remember when I was a kid there were just clouds and clouds of them but it seems like each year there are fewer. There weren't many at all last year.

Do you live near Pismo? That grove and area is beautiful.

Pixiessp
10-19-2009, 12:29 AM
"It's all part of my Rock n Roll fantasy"

"It's all part of my Rock n Roll dream"

I think I was supposed to put this in the Lyrics thread. :(

miscorrections
10-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Do you live near Pismo? That grove and area is beautiful.

Yeah. Pismo is sucky, though.

captncrzy
10-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Good clam chowder.

miscorrections
10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
At Splash, but it's overrun. It's a zoo. I'd rather just not go.

miscorrections
10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
In other news, it would be awesome if my immune system would man up and stop letting in every passing virus/bacteria. I have been sick more times in the past three months than I was in the past two years.

locachica73
10-19-2009, 09:40 AM
I spent 5 hours yesterday scrubbing baseboards and walls in my house for the upcoming move. Every muscle in my body hurts. I can barely lift my arms. I missused muscles I haven't used in years. bleh

amyzzz
10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh god, loca, I don't envy you. I hate moving so much!

locachica73
10-19-2009, 09:59 AM
So do I, I have moved 4 times in the 5 years since my divorce. I am hoping this will be the last time until my kids are 18 and moved out. Then I would like to find myself a 1 bedroom condo somewhere. That way I won't have anyone show up to crash for a day or two and never leave. I am 36 years old and have never lived alone. I can't wait.

Still-ill
10-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I've been to Absolutely Kosher a couple times. They are a super nice group of people. I suggest we help them out.
Here (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/abkosher/find-homes-for-absolutely-kosher-cds-make-more-m)

canexplain
10-19-2009, 11:05 AM
I didn't have anything to say but was just bored so Hi...... cr****

SoulDischarge
10-19-2009, 11:11 AM
In other news, it would be awesome if my immune system would man up and stop letting in every passing virus/bacteria. I have been sick more times in the past three months than I was in the past two years.

I think I must have accidentally stole yours because I've reached a personal record of not getting sick for 6 months this year.

vinylmartyr
10-19-2009, 04:03 PM
free snuggie

http://suzzly.com/snuggiepromo.html

algunz
10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah. Pismo is sucky, though.

Seriously, it was like the 909, Merced, and a Harley Convention was all rolled into one. I was kind of surprised by that. Luckily we were just there to see the butterflies and avoided most of the element.

My daughter was fascinated by all the butterflies. She couldn't get enough of them. There were so many. It was like the trees were breathing. Too cool.

I LOVE butterflies!!!

bleep
10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
re: snuggie, i like free stuff.

i rarely get sick (once a year only, twice a year at most), but i like to use the sick excuse a lot to get out of appointments, school, weddings, work, parties, etc.

Courtney
10-19-2009, 04:25 PM
free snuggie

http://suzzly.com/snuggiepromo.html

Why is it free? I am suspicious.

JustSteve
10-19-2009, 04:38 PM
So do I, I have moved 4 times in the 5 years since my divorce. I am hoping this will be the last time until my kids are 18 and moved out. Then I would like to find myself a 1 bedroom condo somewhere. That way I won't have anyone show up to crash for a day or two and never leave. I am 36 years old and have never lived alone. I can't wait.

you think your kids are moving out at 18? good luck with that!

MissingPerson
10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Why is it free? I am suspicious.

Smallpox! It's a trick!

rskapcat
10-19-2009, 04:40 PM
My brother-in-law is 30 and still lives at home. :nono It's not like he fell on hard times and moved back home...he just never left. He has no job. He pays no rent.

bleep
10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
what does one usually bring to a funeral? i've sent a bouquet of flowers already. food? i have no idea what's acceptable in Western/Hispanic culture. a lot of Asian cultures give money, is that OK here?

JustSteve
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
posted this in another thread, but it fits in the default section, too.

my coachella piggy bank. punched a whole in the top of a soup can, drained it, and was ready to go. money goes in, but cannot come out...cuz i suck at actually keeping money in a piggy bank.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/forgotaboutsteve/coachpiggy.jpg

rskapcat
10-19-2009, 04:45 PM
what does one usually bring to a funeral? i've sent a bouquet of flowers already. food? i have no idea what's acceptable in Western/Hispanic culture. a lot of Asian cultures give money, is that OK here?

Food is good if you're going to a gathering after the service. I don't know about money.

MissingPerson
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
I might bring food - sandwiches, stuff for mourners to eat as they come and go - to the removal or the wake or if you're going to the families home beforehand. But to the actual funeral I wouldn't bring anything, to be honest. Maybe a small bouquet.

That's me and that's Ireland though. Masscards too, but that's a Catholic thing. Money is just Asian funerals, far as I know.

JustSteve
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
my daughter just walked up to me laughing saying "look at me". she had gone to the fridge and pulled out the pudding, then proceeded to cover her arms and legs completely with it. i was trying to be serious and tell her it was unacceptable to do that, but ended up laughing so hard i began to tear up. damn kids.

and just now she walked out of the bathroom after going pee, told me to listen, did a little lean, and ripped a fart, then said "whoops".

oh man, she is my daughter...

JustSteve
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
I might bring food - sandwiches, stuff for mourners to eat as they come and go - to the removal or the wake or if you're going to the families home beforehand. But to the actual funeral I wouldn't bring anything, to be honest. Maybe a small bouquet.

That's me and that's Ireland though. Masscards too, but that's a Catholic thing. Money is just Asian funerals, far as I know.

i usually bring a joint and a little jack in a flask. after the funeral is over i am the hit of the "party" outside where the service was held.

Courtney
10-19-2009, 04:55 PM
I've never been to a funeral. How odd but wonderfully fortunate.

I gather from television however that it is best to wear large, dark sunglasses and cleavage-revealing dresses at such events, and bring some form of pasta and cheese based casserole to the wake.

algunz
10-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Hahah, Steve . . . I think you and I might live in parallel worlds on all above posts. Cheers!

algunz
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I've never been to a funeral. How odd but wonderfully fortunate.

I gather from television however that it is best to wear large, dark sunglasses and cleavage-revealing dresses at such events, and bring some form of pasta and cheese based casserole to the wake.

This totally reminded of my good friend who moved here from Lebanon in 7th grade and her perception of America was based solely on the Grease movies.

MissingPerson
10-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Here, funerals are very much a family house thing. The services themselves are just something that interrupts. You go to the removal service, you go back to the family's house afterwards. You go to the house for the wake, and then you go to the house before and after the funeral itself. Everybody brings food and drink, for everybody who comes and goes. Keeps the mourning house busy and lively for a while, but can make for funeral crashers, which is a very special kind of asshole.

Nearly everybody has family who lives in America or Australia, and they might not get home for years and years at a time, so it's a kind of reunion too. It's great to have everyone together again, but the circumstances, obviously, suck. And particularly if they're home from America, there's a very good chance there's some question hanging over their visa and whether or not they'll get through US immigration on their way back.

There might be a gathering in a pub immediately after the funeral, but it is not the happygolucky song-and-dance riot that tv would have you believe. It's painful and it's awful, because everybody's trying to look alright for the sake of everybody else, and really you're just waiting for the first person to break down.

canexplain
10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
i usually bring a joint and a little jack in a flask. after the funeral is over i am the hit of the "party" outside where the service was held.

I would just go and do what you said. If it doesn't come up, you can just be cool. When I was in the air force, you could volunteer to carry a casket of a fallen soldier. We all did it because we knew one day that might be "us" but you also got $100 and the day to attend the funeral so that was a big reason also. We of course used to play by the book, too the tee, during the ceremony. After the funeral we would go to a hotel because we were usually out of town. Then we would party big time. I remember one time in Memphis Tenn. after the funeral we went back to the hotel, got way trashed, then we went and saw Janis Joplin in concert. Sometimes it was hard to see how sad a situation that was and at the same time, how it was just a day in a life and you played it as you thought best ..... cr*****

chairmenmeow47
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
funerals in my family are an excuse for tequila & menudo. so if it's a hispanic funeral, bring one of those two items and you'll fit in fine :thu

in my family, wakes are where the real shit goes down and are more like the "reunion" as they are more informal and it's generally a smaller group of people. the funeral is more formal, drawn out and generally isn't followed by as much drinking as that's usually done the night before. i hate wakes though for the viewing aspect. i literally fell to my knees when i was ten and was forced by my aunt to view my grandpa's body.

rskapcat
10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm not bothered by viewings. Though they have reinforced my decision to be cremated. Even the most vibrant, young person looks like an expressionless wax figure when embalmed. That's not how I want to be remembered.

And I've told my mother that if I die before her she is NOT allowed to play "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan at my funeral. Seriously, did she write that specifically for sad animal commercials and funerals?

MissingPerson
10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
The wake is the reunion-y bit, the day of the funeral is kind of the last day everyone's together before people start getting their flights and driving home and whatever.

MissingPerson
10-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Seriously, did she write that specifically for sad animal commercials and funerals?

And 9/11.

rskapcat
10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
They played the shit out of Jeff Buckley's cover of "Hallelujah" around that time, too.

BROKENDOLL
10-19-2009, 06:55 PM
My brother-in-law is 30 and still lives at home. :nono It's not like he fell on hard times and moved back home...he just never left. He has no job. He pays no rent.
Your brother inlaw is either very smart, or gay. Nothing wrong with that if the folks are okay with it!:thu

Sympathy and lots and lots of Kleenex. And, I can't stress the Kleenex part enough! I don't care if you're related to the deseased, it isn't a green light to using guests sleeves for your tears and snot.

posted this in another thread, but it fits in the default section, too.

my coachella piggy bank. punched a whole in the top of a soup can, drained it, and was ready to go. money goes in, but cannot come out...cuz i suck at actually keeping money in a piggy bank.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/forgotaboutsteve/coachpiggy.jpg
*Hand waving* Do you drain the noodles and veggies out as well, or would that explain the savings technique? I mean, it makes sense since neither the coins or noodles are hole shaped.

my daughter just walked up to me laughing saying "look at me". she had gone to the fridge and pulled out the pudding, then proceeded to cover her arms and legs completely with it. i was trying to be serious and tell her it was unacceptable to do that, but ended up laughing so hard i began to tear up. damn kids.

and just now she walked out of the bathroom after going pee, told me to listen, did a little lean, and ripped a fart, then said "whoops".

oh man, she is my daughter...
LMFAO I love the Default Thread! It can bring tears to your eyes one minute, and air out your ass the next! LOL

JustSteve
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
i have found tomato soup drains the easiest...took a large knife and stabbed it through the top, making a perfect coin/bill slot.

Courtney
10-19-2009, 08:19 PM
But doesn't residual soup stick to the interior? I'm surprised you don't go for something like vegetable broth.

JustSteve
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
punching a hole in the top was enough effort, that was the only can that contained only liquid in our cupboard, and i wasn't going to run to the store. running lots of hot water through it worked just fine, let it dry for awhile, and it was good to go. at least didn't smell like anything was left in there...

BROKENDOLL
10-20-2009, 01:34 AM
i have found tomato soup drains the easiest...took a large knife and stabbed it through the top, making a perfect coin/bill slot.
Wha-huh? Now, wait...

But doesn't residual soup stick to the interior? I'm surprised you don't go for something like vegetable broth.
Okay, it's not just me. That makes me feel better,be cuz Courtney is pretty smart... And I r not smart rite now...:D

punching a hole in the top was enough effort, that was the only can that contained only liquid in our cupboard, and i wasn't going to run to the store. running lots of hot water through it worked just fine, let it dry for awhile, and it was good to go. at least didn't smell like anything was left in there...
I wonder how many cans of tomato soup you'd have to donate to charity before Goldenvice would give you a free weekend pass for Coachella? And I hope you rinsed it well. I'd hate to think when you went to reach for your Coach allowance, itr reached back! LOL

rskapcat
10-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Your brother inlaw is either very smart, or gay. Nothing wrong with that if the folks are okay with it!:thu

How would being gay relate to living at home? I would love to know the logic behind that statement.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 08:07 AM
you think your kids are moving out at 18? good luck with that!

Because my mother kicked me out at 16 and because I have pretty much raised my brother and still am and he is 30, I am a firm believer in children becoming responsible at the age of 18. The one and only good thing my mother ever did for me is teach me to be a responsible adult, probably at way too early an age, but I have paid my own rent and taken care of myself since I was 16. My brother on the other hand got kicked out and moved in with my sister and I at the age of 15, we have babied him ever since. He is now 30, and still has never paid rent on a regular basis, can't even pay his own phone bill without installments and its only $45. In fact, he couldn't even wake up the other day to help me take stuff to the dump for my move and half the shit is his. Because of this I have told my kids that unless they are in college they will either be out on thier own or pay thier own way in my house. I plan on making the latter the worse of the two options. I know that may seem cold and heartless to some people but I know way too many adult children and just don't want my kids to be among that bunch.

In the mexican culture when someone dies they usually drink tequila and beer, smoke cigerettes and eat food, usually menudo or they will roast a whole pig in a hole in the backyard. Then a year after the death they have another party where they drink tequila and smoke cigerettes and eat food. Well at least the men do... the women are usually stuck in the kitchen making tortillas and serving the men and children. At least that has been my experience. Although, I was usually out with the guys drinking the tequila and smoking, which is why none of the women ever liked me.

canexplain
10-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Looks like BrokenDoll, TomAz, and myself still have a chance..... cr****

Adults with little Internet experience show changes in their brain activity after just one week online, a new study finds.

The results suggest Internet training can stimulate neural activation patterns and could potentially enhance brain function and cognition in older adults

canexplain
10-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Our HR department keeps putting out emails and posts about our medical plan. The one thing they keep doing wrong is, instead of saying HMO, they keep saying HOMO. lolz .... cr****

Courtney
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Flickr is offline and I'm getting antsy.

MissingPerson
10-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I thought it was just my crummy connection. It hates Flickr.

miscorrections
10-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Because of my new bout of sickness I sound like a chain smoking cougar after a few shots of whiskey.

hawkingvsreeve
10-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Boner.

Courtney
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
New Halloween costume?

miscorrections
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
No way, I don't want to have to be sick till then.

hawkingvsreeve
10-20-2009, 11:00 AM
I need to figure out a costume. I've got nothing.

locachica73
10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I need an idea also... something for couples that won't require too much money or work.

heyeric
10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
what does living at home have to do with being gay? haha

MissingPerson
10-20-2009, 11:14 AM

Cyclops.

miscorrections
10-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Han Solo in carbonite.

MissingPerson
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Holy shit, yes, that.

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 11:25 AM
old time movie star in black and white makeup

MissingPerson
10-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Ken doll.

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Bob's Big Boy (Brandon only)
http://philip.greenspun.com/images/pcd0278/bobs-big-boy-100.4.jpg

hawkingvsreeve
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Even better, kroq ken doll.

canexplain
10-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I like this one and it is easy .... make digi copies of your face, cut them up, and go as "yourself"

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/halloween1-1.jpg

or

Peeping Tom: Wear regular clothes and a name tag that says “Tom”. Make a window frame out of cardboard, even add curtains if you are feeling real creative. When people ask what you are, hold up the “window” and peep through it.

cr****

bug on your lip
10-20-2009, 12:10 PM

Hawk
you might just be cocky enough to pull this off
(that's what she said)

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/546/Artie_the_Strongest_Man_In_the_World.jpg

Gribbz
10-20-2009, 12:14 PM
How would being gay relate to living at home? I would love to know the logic behind that statement.

You're looking for logic in a BrokenDoll post?

BROKENDOLL
10-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Well, the statement wasn't made as a fact per say. I just went by your apparent wonderment of your brother inlaw being 30 and never having left home, never working, or paying rent. Like I said, maybe his folks are okay with that. I guess I could have just stated he was lazy, or must have social issues, or maybe just hasn't become an adult yet. Gay or not, most people are ready to leave the nest way before 30, or the parents are ready to have them leave the nest by then. You didn't mention whether or not he had a ladyfriend, or if he was a student. That might have left me with more options to suggest, I guess.

Looks like BrokenDoll, TomAz, and myself still have a chance..... cr****

Adults with little Internet experience show changes in their brain activity after just one week online, a new study finds.

The results suggest Internet training can stimulate neural activation patterns and could potentially enhance brain function and cognition in older adults
While I very much believe this. Did anyone else get an image similar to this when they read that?
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/monkeys-1.jpg

miscorrections
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM
One of these things is not like the others.

Pixiessp
10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
The Default thread used to be a safe haven. :(

BROKENDOLL
10-20-2009, 04:13 PM
You're looking for logic in a BrokenDoll post?
LOL Good Luck...

boboso
10-20-2009, 04:20 PM
In the mexican culture when someone dies they usually drink tequila and beer, smoke cigerettes and eat food, usually menudo or they will roast a whole pig in a hole in the backyard. Then a year after the death they have another party where they drink tequila and smoke cigerettes and eat food. Well at least the men do... the women are usually stuck in the kitchen making tortillas and serving the men and children. At least that has been my experience. Although, I was usually out with the guys drinking the tequila and smoking, which is why none of the women ever liked me.

What part of Mexico are they from because it sounds like they are from the rural/country parts of Mexico. I'm know the drinking and the food is part of every Mexican culture, but the women staying in the kitchen part sounds like they are the cowboy hat, boots and huge belt buckle wearing type of people.

bleep
10-20-2009, 08:43 PM
thanks all for the funeral feedback!

why have i only just discovered the function that allows you to ignore people's signatures? so awesome.

SoulDischarge
10-20-2009, 09:00 PM
That's a thing? Fuck.

mountmccabe
10-20-2009, 09:24 PM
thanks all for the funeral feedback!

why have i only just discovered the function that allows you to ignore people's signatures? so awesome.

That is my new favorite feature of life.

mountmccabe
10-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Wait. Not it'sn't. I like small funny signatures.

I want a checkbox that limits all signatures to two lines and strips away all formatting. That would be my favorite feature of life.

SoulDischarge
10-20-2009, 09:29 PM
The amount of entertaining sigs is small enough that I'm willing to sacrifice all of them. I owe my eyes for sleeping with my contacts in so much anyway.

Derekx
10-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I am addicted to chicken katsu.

kreutz2112
10-20-2009, 10:41 PM
why are there 468 people viewing the misc lounge right now?

boarderwoozel3
10-21-2009, 01:54 AM
My building's laundry room. Yes, I'm a massive dork.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/l_a10cf0afceaa45f2a835054f74f4d17e.jpg

Gribbz
10-21-2009, 02:05 AM
My building's laundry room. Yes, I'm a massive dork.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/l_a10cf0afceaa45f2a835054f74f4d17e.jpg

Hahahaha. Too funny.

locachica73
10-21-2009, 08:05 AM
What part of Mexico are they from because it sounds like they are from the rural/country parts of Mexico. I'm know the drinking and the food is part of every Mexican culture, but the women staying in the kitchen part sounds like they are the cowboy hat, boots and huge belt buckle wearing type of people.

The city I grew up in up in Oregon had a large mexican population and most of them were from michocan (sp?) and ummm some other place that I can't even attempt to spell but it sounds like wohaca. That is where the sit in the kitchen making tortillas experience came from. My ex husband was from Ixtapa/Zijuatanejo though and he had similar beliefs.

miscorrections
10-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Michoacan, Oaxaca.

locachica73
10-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Thank you. I have trouble spelling in English. I don't even attempt Spanish.

boboso
10-21-2009, 01:27 PM
The city I grew up in up in Oregon had a large mexican population and most of them were from michocan (sp?) and ummm some other place that I can't even attempt to spell but it sounds like wohaca. That is where the sit in the kitchen making tortillas experience came from. My ex husband was from Ixtapa/Zijuatanejo though and he had similar beliefs.

That explains a lot.

locachica73
10-21-2009, 01:36 PM
The only region of people I have encountered that don't feel that way is Mexico City.

miscorrections
10-21-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the zombie movie I'm currently watching is using cornflakes as zombie makeup. Also a zombie fought a shark, but it wasn't as good as it should have been. I think that's a fight that should be more thoroughly explored.

SoulDischarge
10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
For as little as is required to make zombies cool, there sure are a lot of shitty, underachieving zombie movies out there.

BlackSwan
10-21-2009, 02:04 PM
txqiwrbYGrs

canexplain
10-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Just an FYI and this could have been me but I don’t know how. I get the online email from Spin every week. At the bottom of the email it says if you want the free online magazine each month just click on the bottom and register. I did that yesterday. As soon as I clicked on the link, Spybot gave me a message saying that they detected a piece of malware and spybot removed it. At that point I went to open up some other application on my pc and it wouldn’t open up. I booted my pc just to see if that would fix my problem. It would never come back up. It took 3 people ¾ of the day to image my pc, reinstall all of my apps, etc. I would be very leery of clicking on that link if I were you guys. Cr****

faxman75
10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
What a terrible fucking week. That's all I have to say. Fucking terrible. I'm gonna get high and play internet poker. Smoke away all those problems. :D

boboso
10-21-2009, 07:14 PM
The only region of people I have encountered that don't feel that way is Mexico City.

People from the Frontera and people from Mexico City think alike.

faxman75
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I just listened to an awesome interview on Howard Stern with Tracy Morgan. He is promoting his new book "I Am the New Black". He has had quite a life. You can find a torrent of yesterdays show on mininova.

Pixiessp
10-21-2009, 08:32 PM
My dad's side of the family is from Rincon De Ramos, Aquascalientes. When my grandma was growing up there it was a small farming village. It may still be. None of my aunts slaved in the kitchen or bowed down to their men.
Coming from a small village did not deter my grandma from raising headstrong unconventional Mexican daughters. She was quite a firecracker too.

canexplain
10-21-2009, 08:59 PM
This was on a comedy program on mainstream TV, I thought it was sort of funny.....

Sports caster on the air "Call me about any sport. Well not soccer because that is not a sport. Don't call me and say that it is the biggest sport in the world because Coldplay is the biggest band in the world, but that doesn't mean I don't want to set a Nickleback CD on fire and hit Chris Martin over the head with it." lol ... cr****

boboso
10-21-2009, 09:13 PM
My dad's side of the family is from Rincon De Ramos, Aquascalientes. When my grandma was growing up there it was a small farming village. It may still be. None of my aunts slaved in the kitchen or bowed down to their men.

I hate it when women do that, its like they have no will for themselves and they live just to please their husbands. The majority of females I've meet like that have been the ones that live outside the major cities.

Coming from a small village did not deter my grandma from raising headstrong unconventional Mexican daughters. She was quite a firecracker too.

Thats sad when a female that can think for themselves in Mexico is considered unconventional.

canexplain
10-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Wow i didn't see this show. This Friday in Ft Collins gogol Bordello is playing with Apostle of Hustle which I guess is the lead dude (Whiteman) of broken social Scene ...cr****

locachica73
10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
I love craigslist... I have two broken washers and dryers. My new place I am moving to has a working set. I didn't want to go dump my old ones in the dump so I put an ad on craigslist. 10 minutes later some guy is coming to pick them up and anything else in my garage I don't want. Free is good, even when broken.

Pixiessp
10-22-2009, 09:10 AM
After a very vigorous housecleaning cleaning session a few years ago I put 4 bags of garbage on my front porch and the Goodwill truck picked it up.

I have always wanted to know what they thought of my unintentional contribution.

locachica73
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
When my kids were young I moved from Oregon to Arizona. The kids had already gone through thier bed peeing phase so I didn't really want to move the pissed on mattresses. I set them out by the dumpsters in the apartments I was leaving, went upstairs to get another load and by the time I came back they were gone. I had a bunch of stuff I was going to donate to goodwill and instead of driving it decided if it worked on the mattresses it would work on clothes and other random shit. Sure enough I couldn't get that shit out there quick enough. One persons garbage is another persons treasure... Pissed on or not.

justinaqui
10-22-2009, 09:25 AM
You guys are suckers. People will pay for the broken, pissed on garbage that you toss. I sold a broken stacked washer/dryer on Craig's list for $50. Didn't even have to drag that crap to the curb.

locachica73
10-22-2009, 09:28 AM
I thought about putting a price tag on it for like $50, it would have been drinking money for the weekend. But I figured karma would come and bite me in the ass for profiting off of broken shit. Plus, its like 20 miles to the dump, gas is expensive, I just want the shit gone.

justinaqui
10-22-2009, 09:30 AM
I didn't consider the karma aspect.
I'm fucked.

locachica73
10-22-2009, 09:35 AM
You are probably fine. I just have some really shitty luck these days, I try to brighten my karma with any chance I can get.

canexplain
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM
You are probably fine. I just have some really shitty luck these days, I try to brighten my karma with any chance I can get.

You will have good Karma for a while now since you have passed the 6666 posts :) cr****

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
My head is not together today. I'm at work, against my better judgement, on decongestants and DXM just so I can breathe. It feels like I ran headfirst into a wall.

Oh. And breathing is still difficult.

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Aaaaand my boss just told me that I look terrible and that I got him sick. Awesome day. Great.

malcolmjamalawesome
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Like, the way you look made him sick?

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 10:26 AM
I would actually prefer that.

captncrzy
10-22-2009, 10:31 AM
I read that some employers are threatening termination if you show up to work sick.

locachica73
10-22-2009, 10:32 AM
You will have good Karma for a while now since you have passed the 6666 posts :) cr****

I hadn't even noticed. Not sure how I should feel about that considering I took a 5 month hiatus from here and have only been posting for about a year.

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I read that some employers are threatening termination if you show up to work sick.

Mine is doing no such thing. But even so, what are you supposed to do? You only get one sick day per month and I could easily have been out this whole week with this shit. I shouldn't be here today, and I probably shouldn't be here tomorrow either, but I am and will be because I can't afford to take that time off.

Pixiessp
10-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I went to work sick for a week. The day I decided to go home early I told my boss and he said "Whatever". I found out later he was upset because that meant he couldn't skip out early to see his girlfriend. I should have puked right in front of him. I don't think even that would have worked.

captncrzy
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Mine is doing no such thing. But even so, what are you supposed to do? You only get one sick day per month and I could easily have been out this whole week with this shit. I shouldn't be here today, and I probably shouldn't be here tomorrow either, but I am and will be because I can't afford to take that time off.

Sucks.

algunz
10-22-2009, 11:56 AM
There should be a reward system for people who actually stay home when they're sick.

TomAz
10-22-2009, 12:02 PM
It's called sick time. Paid time off for being sick. No financial penalty for taking a day to rest and heal.

miscorrections
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I took that day yesterday but it's not exactly helping my situation today.

locachica73
10-22-2009, 12:09 PM
I had an old boss that expected us to show up sick. My son had severe asthma at the time and got hospitalized due to his asthma attack. He was 2 at the time. I called in saying I wouldn't be at work that day and wasn't sure how long I would be out because I needed to stay with my son. He expected me to come in anyway, stating that was what nurses were for. I told him he could fire me. He didn't but he liked to make my life hell after that. People like that just aren't worth working for.

Pixiessp
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I took time off last December when my mom was gravely ill and we were expecting the worst. Other than that I think I may have called in sick one other time. Maybe twice. I was really sick and not playing hooky (sp).

Devin the Dude
10-22-2009, 12:25 PM
i can't believe i have never posted in here..

algunz
10-22-2009, 12:31 PM
It's called sick time. Paid time off for being sick. No financial penalty for taking a day to rest and heal.

Unfortunately, people don't use their sick days for some crazy reason. Maybe if there was additional reward they'd be more inclined to not brown nose and spread the sick.

locachica73
10-22-2009, 12:32 PM
I was so used to my ex boss who didn't want any excuses for not coming to work. Then I went to work for Weitz and about 3 months in I got the flu. First and only time I got the yearly flu that I remember, I was so sick. I missed 3 days and was worried I would lose my job. So I forced myself to go in on Thursday. I couldn't stop coughing and hacking. They kicked me out and told me not to return till my fever was gone and I could breath. It is nice to work for a company that is understanding. I have yet to see how this company works though. I did take tomorrow off in order to move though and they seem very cool about it. Although I went from 5 weeks of PTO a year to 7 days. That is going to take some adjustments. UGH

stinkbutt
10-22-2009, 02:16 PM
I have a crush on my Probation Officer

Still-ill
10-22-2009, 02:23 PM

High-five!

canexplain
10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Unfortunately, people don't use their sick days for some crazy reason. Maybe if there was additional reward they'd be more inclined to not brown nose and spread the sick.

Boy Gunz, you must have missed TomAz's and my little discussion one day .... cr****

captncrzy
10-22-2009, 03:13 PM
haaahaaa I totally just busted a co-worker talking shit about me on IM. She accidentally sent the IM to me instead of the person she was conversing with.

Somewhat Damaged
10-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh, karma. At least you've managed to refrain from getting caught. Who was it?

Young blood
10-22-2009, 03:23 PM

What does he look like?

stinkbutt
10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
kinda like you it's the hook I'll admit

Courtney
10-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Is it my connection, or is the board taking forever to load?

Gribbz
10-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Is it my connection, or is the board taking forever to load?

Earlier I had this problem.

amyzzz
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Me too. Earlier.

chairmenmeow47
10-22-2009, 04:38 PM
haaahaaa I totally just busted a co-worker talking shit about me on IM. She accidentally sent the IM to me instead of the person she was conversing with.

ha ha ha ha ha, one time i was dating a guy and meant to bitch about him in a text to my best friend and saw that it was going to him instead. i was able to somehow magically cancel before it left my phone thankfully though. that's just great, what did you say?

MissingPerson
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
What does he look like?

Lets make it extra fun - which board member does he look like?

Gribbz
10-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I tore some ligaments at Gogol Bordello last night. My doctor gave me some vicodin though. Hooray.

boarderwoozel3
10-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Yay to Vicodin, boo on torn ligaments. The shitty thing is vics are never too fun when you need them :/

Was there one moment that you felt your foot go? Get stepped on? Or was it the result of strenuous repetition?

Gribbz
10-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Yay to Vicodin, boo on torn ligaments. The shitty thing is vics are never too fun when you need them :/

Was there one moment that you felt your foot go? Get stepped on? Or was it the result of strenuous repetition?

It was during their encore. I knew right when it happened. I was jumping up and down literally the entire show and my foot landed on someone else.

I didn't stop though.... just continued to jump on one leg. :thu

faxman75
10-22-2009, 07:57 PM
I just drank half a Miller High Life and gagged. Worst beer ever. Back to the bong.

locachica73
10-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Mark, do we have to revive the good beer thread?

captncrzy
10-23-2009, 09:06 AM
ha ha ha ha ha, one time i was dating a guy and meant to bitch about him in a text to my best friend and saw that it was going to him instead. i was able to somehow magically cancel before it left my phone thankfully though. that's just great, what did you say?

I said "who" at first, because it never occurred to me that she might be talking about me....her response was "?"...so then I responded with the exact quote....and she got up and left about 15 minutes later without ever responding.

I'm more amused than pissed, because I'm sure she's horrified. Being the reason someone is squirming is fun.

canexplain
10-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Any backyard auto mechanics here? I don’t want to type out the question if there aren’t …. Tnx cr****

locachica73
10-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Duct Tape Ron, it fixes anything.

faxman75
10-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Mark, do we have to revive the good beer thread?

Ha, no it was just what I had on hand. Never again.

BROKENDOLL
10-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Any backyard auto mechanics here? I don’t want to type out the question if there aren’t …. Tnx cr****
So, am I immediately disqualified for not having a backyard? LOL Actually, for a chick, I'm pretty handy with repairing shit. I just refinished our bathtub with fiberglass, installed my own truck stereo and all wiring behind the dash, then replaced the vinyl flooring with carpet. Due to my success at both, I figured I'd try and diagnose why my Vette has been in a coma for over 4 months. Upon opening the hood and admitting to myself that this was not your average 8 cylinder engine, nor was this going to be a $89.95 tune-up, I've instead decided to make an attractive outdoor planter out of the damn thing instead. I'll keep you posted on the results. Until then, try me with your question...I won't BS you if I don't have the answer, but I could pass your question along to Pete. Lord knows with the shit I have to wash out of his clothes every week, he's got mechanic experience! LOL

locachica73
10-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Ha, no it was just what I had on hand. Never again.

It could have been worse... Ole E tastes like butter.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-23-2009, 11:25 AM
man, i used to live off of Miller High Life

i finally found an ultra cheap beer that is really good though

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EPFFu8f5AyU/SoNX1uPsb-I/AAAAAAAAAqA/WP78862qgX0/s320/simplertimes.JPG

$2.99 for a six-pack at Trader Joe's!

In other news, work has been DEAD this week. So much sitting aorund and bullshitting online

chairmenmeow47
10-23-2009, 11:27 AM
it's dead here today too. it's weird because i'm going on vacation next week and would normally have a ton of loose ends to tie up, but i've finally transitioned some stuff that takes up a lot of my time so i'm just twiddling my thumbs at this point, lol. thankfully my boss is on vacation today, so i can duck out a bit early for our road trip :)

locachica73
10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
I am suppose to be off today but had to finish up a project and didn't want to use too much PTO so I decided to come in for four hours to finish up some things. Now I am done but my boss left to lunch and didn't show me how to run the report I need to run to balance to. So now I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs and thinking about all the shit I need to do while watching the clock. ugh

canexplain
10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Bev so my question is this. The battery in my car was dead. The light came on that said it was not charging. I bought a new battery and the car started right up but the light did not go out. If I run the engine above 3200 rpm the light goes out like the battery IS charging. I was told you cant tighten the belt because it is just spring loaded. I guess the question is, can an alternator be partly bad or might there be something else wrong. Tnx cr****

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-23-2009, 11:48 AM
before I got to the end of your post Ron, i was already going to mention the alternator.

I am no expert on cars though

locachica73
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
You could also have a loose alternator belt which keeps it from charging correctly. Most auto zones or checker auto parts stores will give you a free electrical test and pin point the issue.

algunz
10-23-2009, 12:46 PM
man, i used to live off of Miller High Life

i finally found an ultra cheap beer that is really good though

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EPFFu8f5AyU/SoNX1uPsb-I/AAAAAAAAAqA/WP78862qgX0/s320/simplertimes.JPG

$2.99 for a six-pack at Trader Joe's!

In other news, work has been DEAD this week. So much sitting aorund and bullshitting online

I'm going to revive the beer thread, because I'm looking for a good beer in cans. This may do it, but I'm open to suggestions. A birthday party by the lake - no glass - but need beer.

canexplain
10-23-2009, 01:00 PM
tnx guys and gals on the car response... yea I am going to Checkers tomorrow and hope they find something ....

Here are 3 weird real “inventions” that have been patented …… cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/funny.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/funny2.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/funny3.jpg

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm going to revive the beer thread, because I'm looking for a good beer in cans. This may do it, but I'm open to suggestions. A birthday party by the lake - no glass - but need beer.

before Fever Ray Forza and i both tried TROUT SLAYER ALE in cans both agreed that it was very good

(and had the coolest name/label ever)

http://csbev.net/UserFiles/image/!Trout%20Slayer.gif

also, a lot of beers come in cans that you'd be surprised about...Sapporo, newcastle, heinekin. Often time you just have to go to speciality liquor stores to find them

BROKENDOLL
10-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Bev so my question is this. The battery in my car was dead. The light came on that said it was not charging. I bought a new battery and the car started right up but the light did not go out. If I run the engine above 3200 rpm the light goes out like the battery IS charging. I was told you cant tighten the belt because it is just spring loaded. I guess the question is, can an alternator be partly bad or might there be something else wrong. Tnx cr****
4am...:rolleyes Like Loca and Drinkey said, you can have it tested at say Pepe Boys, Kragen, whereevevr. <<<<LOL Actuallt, the fact that a light came on about the charging, would be telling you the alternator isn't charging the battery. If the light was on then the battery may not have been dead, but it was dying. I'm sure it's a newer car with computer stuff, and ususally when the power source goes it has to reset itself after being restarted. How long was the light on before you got to 3200? And once it was off, did it stay off? Did it come back on at a stop sign idling? You can also look at the instrument panel and see what your amps are when you're idling VS giving it gas. It shouldn't drop when idling and that would definitely be the alternator. I'm not an expert with the belt for the alternator. Pretty sure a special tool, That tester by a mechanic would confirm the problem. Just as well on the new battery with winter around the corner, but definitely check the alternator.

(Now, whatch...Pete will see this and notice it was 4am, and then tell you this was an intoxicated diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Come to think of it...He would be right also... :)) My pillow beckins me.....

fiyahhh!
10-24-2009, 06:37 AM

http://www.fresnofamous.com/files/21A_cans.jpg

or this

http://www.crackedkettle.com/store/images/dales_pale.jpg

locachica73
10-26-2009, 09:12 AM
So I moved into the new place this weekend. For the most part I am fairly pleased other than a few minor details, like whenever I want something I am usually upstairs and whatever it is I want is downstairs or vice versa. I have a group of neighbors that sit in thier garage all night long playing some sort of board game, judging from the looks of the people I am going to guess Dungeons and Dragons. And the master bathroom has no door, something I didn't notice when looking at the place the first time, you just kind of assume there would be a door to the room you are usually naked in. It wouldn't be that big of deal except for the fact that Nick and I are still in that early relationship period where we pretend not to have any bodily functions. But other than that, I like the place. I just need to buy a door and find a way to move things with my mind so I am not always climbing stairs. Not sure what to do about the geek squad across the parking lot though.

disgustipated
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
[IMG]http://www.crackedkettle.com/store/images/dales_pale.jpg

I was going to recommend that one.

or

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2016/2154968456_c437f678b2.jpg?v=0

SoulDischarge
10-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Not sure what to do about the geek squad across the parking lot though.

Hide a dead dog in their ventilation system. That'll learn them to exist I reckon.

locachica73
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
LOL well they don't bother me that much. But I may change my mind come 2 am. It was ok during the weekend but if they continue through the week I might start to get cranky.

I also have a cop that lives next door, which means I have to smoke my weed in the house and not out on the back patio anymore. That kind of sucks, hopefully the landlord doesn't make a surprise visit before I can light a candle.

JustSteve
10-26-2009, 07:01 PM
so i just got a call from chase fraud prevention...turns out some asshole tried to buy a $1000+ ticket from british airways using one of my cards. thank god they have that "verified by visa" program that requires use of an extra password created by the cardholder. the thing that is stressing me out is that the card is upstairs in my safe and has not been used for a couple years. wondering if it is due to wamu switching over to chase officially last weekend since it was formerly a wamu credit card.

faxman75
10-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I went to a wedding Saturday night and this tattoo made my night.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs259.snc1/10629_164222346283_666671283_2887797_5437667_n.jpg

Still-ill
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
So this guy is trying to get me to pay a money request of $20 on an item I already payed for. He said the item (a pair of Boston A60s) cost more than he thought to ship, along with the fact that the bid which won them was also a little lower than expected. He's pestered me for months and I keep telling him that I'm a student with an unpredictable job as a live and studio engineer. His method of pestering is make it seem like I'm in the wrong for not paying a non-obligatory fee. Then... he sends me this. I can't take him seriously now:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/Bnoon/Picture1-3.png

canexplain
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
This is not a discussion about people taking “our jobs” it is actually just the opposite. So something is wrong with my car and I am sure it is the alternator (which it was). I went to a local car repair place with a nice store front. I told the dude what was wrong and how much would it be to put in an alternator. He said they would have to look at it first, $49.95, and it would be between 300-350 if it was what I said. I took the car to an ugly looking Hispanic car repair. Ricky said “well it will take an hour or so that will be $35”. A couple of hours later I picked up the car, it runs like a top, and it was 10 percent of what the other place wanted to charge. Maybe sometimes it is some people still believe in doing a good job for a reasonable rate …. Just sayin ….. cr****

Courtney
10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
So this guy is trying to get me to pay a money request of $20 on an item I already payed for. He said the item (a pair of Boston A60s) cost more than he thought to ship, along with the fact that the bid which won them was also a little lower than expected. He's pestered me for months and I keep telling him that I'm a student with an unpredictable job as a live and studio engineer. His method of pestering is make it seem like I'm in the wrong for not paying a non-obligatory fee. Then... he sends me this. I can't take him seriously now:

How is your financial status or current state of employment even relevant? It's also irrelevant that the winning bid was low. If you agreed to pay for all shipping costs, then you owe him money. If you agreed to pay a flat rate for shipping, then you do not.

Send him a short e-mail stating those facts. If he continues to contact you, add his name and e-mail to your spam blocker.

captncrzy
10-27-2009, 11:54 AM

He can't request anything more over the original invoice he sent you.

I wonder if David Thorne can help you with this one.

Still-ill
10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Uhhh... let's see here. Yeah I have sent him numerous emails somewhat along those lines. I'll make sure to say "If you agreed to pay for all shipping costs, then you owe him money. If you agreed to pay a flat rate for shipping, then you do not." in my final email. His flat rate of shipping was $50. More than enough to get a pair of speakers to California I'd imagine?

Gribbz
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
So there's some 25$ dollar flight deal from Southwest starting in December. I need to look up details...

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM

Did the auction have a set shipping amount in it and did you pay that? if so, fuck this guy and report him to eBay for making fraudulent claims. It's his business to do this research BEFORE listing his items. Asking for $20 after the fact in SHIPPING FEES is absolutely ridiculous.

I worked for a hobby store selling items on eBay full time for 7 years, so i have a lot of experience with this. Sometimes you fuck up and have to eat expenses. that's on the seller though. eBay is ALL about the buyers and protecting them.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Uhhh... let's see here. Yeah I have sent him numerous emails somewhat along those lines. I'll make sure to say "If you agreed to pay for all shipping costs, then you owe him money. If you agreed to pay a flat rate for shipping, then you do not." in my final email. His flat rate of shipping was $50. More than enough to get a pair of speakers to California I'd imagine?

Is this within the US? Shipping via USPS Priority for shoes shouldn't cost more than $15

captncrzy
10-27-2009, 11:59 AM

Yes, it's more than enough. Way more than enough.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Okay, I just looked it up and it costs $19 to send 6 pounds from Maine to Los Angeles. This guy wants to recoup his damages because he expected an AUCTION to bring in more money

use this:

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

shove it in his face

hawkingvsreeve
10-27-2009, 12:14 PM
So there's some 25$ dollar flight deal from Southwest starting in December. I need to look up details...

Please report back with your findings. That would be ridiculous.

captncrzy
10-27-2009, 12:16 PM
When do tickets go on sale? I recommend you be online when they do, because they only sell a certain amount of seats per flight at that rate.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
When do tickets go on sale? I recommend you be online when they do, because they only sell a certain amount of seats per flight at that rate.

yeah, they did a $12 flight sale in...july, I want to say, and they sold out in like 2 minutes

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 12:18 PM
the sale was launched TODAY apparently

...I can't even get onto Southwest's website at all, it's that bad

EDIT: now it's working!

EDIT 2: the fares are good for Dec. 2 - Dec. 16, 2009 and Jan. 5 - Feb. 10, 2010

hawkingvsreeve
10-27-2009, 12:26 PM
TEMPTINGGGGG

SoulDischarge
10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Fuck. I might actually have a chance to see my boyfriend before the year's over now.

EDIT: Or not. The deal is very limited to certain cities.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Fuck. I might actually have a chance to see my boyfriend before the year's over now.

EDIT: Or not. The deal is very limited to certain cities.

How far does he live from you? I did the long distance thing for a year, will NEVER do again

captncrzy
10-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Check my airline; we often match Southwest fares in areas that we have the same direct flight and matching departure and arrival city.

SoulDischarge
10-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I live in Ohio, he lives in Florida.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 12:38 PM
I live in Ohio, he lives in Florida.

ugh, that sucks. Did it start as an online thing, or did one of you move away from the other?

SoulDischarge
10-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah. An online thing. It's kind of weird and complicated, because he's still with the guy he was with when I met him, who is also originally from Akron. I got to meet both of them when they came up for the holidays last year. It's obviously an open relationship, but it still sucks. Regardless, we love each other a lot and I'm grateful to have him in my life at all, especially since I've never been in anything close to a relationship before and was beginning to think I would never find anyone I was compatible with.

Gribbz
10-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I need to find some good shows to go to while the sale is happening.

amyzzz
10-27-2009, 01:02 PM
MUSE IN VEGAS. (was one of my thoughts)

Courtney
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah. An online thing. It's kind of weird and complicated, because he's still with the guy he was with when I met him, who is also originally from Akron. I got to meet both of them when they came up for the holidays last year. It's obviously an open relationship, but it still sucks. Regardless, we love each other a lot and I'm grateful to have him in my life at all, especially since I've never been in anything close to a relationship before and was beginning to think I would never find anyone I was compatible with.

Oh man. A long distance relationship with a guy who is already in a relationship with someone else? To say that sounds difficult would be a gross understatement.

You need some Coachella message board yenta/fairy godmother to set you up with someone fabulous and available and local.

BOARD, LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

rskapcat
10-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I need to find some good shows to go to while the sale is happening.

If you find any shows in Dallas, you have a place to crash.

SoulDischarge
10-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Haha. It's ok. I don't mind him being with the other guy. He was ready to leave him to be with me, but I felt like a homewrecker and told him not to jump into anything. It's fine where it is right now since we're so far away. I know he loves me and I'm not really the jealous type, so I don't care if they're together for now. It's something that's going to have to come to a head eventually, and I think it's more unfair to the other guy than it is to me, but it's not really my issue to work out. Even if there was someone fabulous and available and local (which there most definitely is not, trust me), I still want to be with the guy in Florida. Still, it would be nice to have something casual to hold me over here until we figure out a way to be close to one another.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
i imagine that there's much of a gay scene (at least not in an open and earnest way) in Ohio (although I've never been to Ohio nor do i know anything about it).

I also imagine that while in CA much of the gay community probably annoyed you to no end (you don't come across as being fitting into any gay stereotypes that i'm aware of, and a lot of CA homos like to flaunt the stereotypes as much humanly possible).

Sorry for all the parentheticals

TomAz
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
It's something that's going to have to come to a head eventually

ahahahahahahahaaha

SoulDischarge
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM
lolsex.

TallGuyCM
10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
The two most popular searches on Yahoo right now are:

1. Down Syndrome
2. Bruce Springsteen

Which have always kind of reminded me of each other.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 03:13 PM
stranged, they shift quickly

Popular Searches

1. Homemade Hallowee…
2. Michael Jackson's…
3. War in Afghanistan
4. DJ Hero
5. Ricky Gervais

6. Paranormal Activi…
7. Taylor Swift
8. Tennessee Titans
9. Andre Agassi
10. Radovan Karadzic

SoulDischarge
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Finally, down syndrome is BACK!

rskapcat
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Andre Agassi? Why?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Andre Agassi? Why?

hahaha that's exactly the one that struck me as particularly odd

TomAz
10-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Andre Agassi? Why?

he just confessed today to using meth back in his playing days

rskapcat
10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Makes sense, then. I think I had his poster on my wall back in junior high...it was the thinning blond locks, I'm sure.

locachica73
10-27-2009, 04:01 PM
acid washed shorts, pink polo shirt and long stringy highlighted hair, and yet thousands of girls thought he was hot. ahhhh the 80's.

hawkingvsreeve
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I lol'd. (http://kanyelicious.appspot.com/http://coachella.com/forum/index.php)

SoulDischarge
10-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Alright, seriously, I'm done fucking around now. (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1837030#post1837030)

hawkingvsreeve
10-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Really? Was it in the "next time..." thread?

This place is so messy I'm amazed I keep up with half of it. I blame the person that sent it to me today.

SoulDischarge
10-28-2009, 01:22 PM
The internet is a well oiled machine. The Kanye memes were already getting redundant and lowest common denominator two days after the VMAs. Same thing with Balloon Boy.

hawkingvsreeve
10-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Youve seen the orly owls right?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-28-2009, 01:24 PM

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/cheezeguy/n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

SoulDischarge
10-28-2009, 01:31 PM

You mean these (http://www.lemonparty.org)?

hawkingvsreeve
10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
All your base are belong to me, Patrick.

And nobody puts baby on lemonparty. I've been around.

SoulDischarge
10-28-2009, 01:36 PM
So have they.

TallGuyCM
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
That's still the most disturbing pic ever.

hawkingvsreeve
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Well. Another productive internetting session.

Edit:

You must not have seen tubgirl.

Young blood
10-28-2009, 01:45 PM
You mean these (http://www.lemonparty.org)?

I clicked it like 3 times.

SoulDischarge
10-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Every time you click on it, it votes for my site. You have to click on it ten times to get the free Quake 2 download.

Young blood
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
F5!! F5!!! F5!!!

MissingPerson
10-28-2009, 02:14 PM
I enjoyed every post on this page.

TomAz
10-28-2009, 02:46 PM
bnMdw0Rtkdo

miscorrections
10-28-2009, 03:00 PM
I have a burning question for non-Arizonans. Sunday at 2 am is daylight savings, so technically when it turns 2 the clock will say it is 1 am. Right? So will bars be staying open an extra hour, considering it's Halloween and all? Does anyone have past experience with daylight savings and bars?

SoulDischarge
10-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I went out last year and the bars stayed open an extra hour. Might want some confirmation from someone else though.

TallGuyCM
10-28-2009, 03:03 PM
I have a burning question for non-Arizonans. Sunday at 2 am is daylight savings, so technically when it turns 2 the clock will say it is 1 am. Right? So will bars be staying open an extra hour, considering it's Halloween and all? Does anyone have past experience with daylight savings and bars?

I wouldn't count on it. Lots of bars won't even let you show up at midnight on your 21st birthday to drink because they still consider it being the night before.

miscorrections
10-28-2009, 03:03 PM
It's probably wishful thinking, but it would be good business seeing how it's Halloween and all. And it would technically be legal to stay open that hour.

TallGuyCM
10-28-2009, 03:05 PM
I'd do it if I was a bar owner, for sure.

amyzzz
10-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Call the bar and ask.

disgustipated
10-28-2009, 03:07 PM
any bar I have ever been in during the time change has honored the change and stayed open the extra hour.

disgustipated
10-28-2009, 03:08 PM
most of the time it's a party atmosphere. and most bars do specials during the last hour.

TomAz

I did this once. In Texas. They stayed open the extra hour.

miscorrections
Call the bar and ask.

I don't know where I'm going. I was just wondering if in general, the extra hour has been honored in the past.

Pixiessp
10-28-2009, 03:11 PM
I am pretty sure they do. It's all about the money. $$$

Young blood
10-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I did this once. In Texas. They stayed open the extra hour.

In boulder, on the hill, riots ensued because the bars did not stay open.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site21/2009/1023/20091023__25dcahalw~4_500.jpg

amyzzz
10-28-2009, 03:19 PM
You could call various potential bars. I guess I don't really know the scope of your situation. And I don't go to bars except to dance/see a show.

locachica73
10-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I was trying to think of how my bartender friends handle this and then realized we don't change our clocks in AZ so it hasn't been an issue. But I do remember when I lived in Oregon we argued with a bartender once because they didn't give us our extra drinking hour.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-28-2009, 03:38 PM
i am pretty sure in CA that extra hour is NOT honored (unfortunately)

disgustipated
10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
the one I was at in SD did.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-28-2009, 04:08 PM

my sources were wrong maybeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TallGuyCM
10-28-2009, 06:02 PM

SD was where I was talking about when I mentioned my friend not being able to drink at midnight on her 21st birthday. Moose McGillicuddy's downtown, to be exact.

canexplain
10-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Just a pic for fun ... cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/sara.jpg

JustSteve
10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't count on it. Lots of bars won't even let you show up at midnight on your 21st birthday to drink because they still consider it being the night before.

that happened to me on christmas eve up in the south bay, i'm a christmas baby and the fucker wouldn't lighten up even for that, goddamn scrooge. so we went next door and they were cool, got drunk with my dad and cousin.

TallGuyCM
10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
that happened to me on christmas eve up in the south bay, i'm a christmas baby and the fucker wouldn't lighten up even for that, goddamn scrooge. so we went next door and they were cool, got drunk with my dad and cousin.

Where in the South Bay?

JustSteve
10-28-2009, 06:49 PM
the name of the bar? don't recall. my aunt and uncle live in redondo, near the high school.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-28-2009, 07:12 PM
okay, this is the most ridiculous thing ever

Jon Gosselin And Octomom Set To Date On Reality Show
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/28/jon-gosselin-and-octomom_n_336878.html

TallGuyCM
10-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I think it's creepy that they still show infomercials with Billy Mays in them.

boarderwoozel3
10-28-2009, 08:03 PM

I've been able to drink the extra hour the past few years. Seems hit and miss as to which establishments honor it.

Aurgasm
10-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Anybody know where on the web i can find camping gear and parachutes at great prices?

thanks.

oh and jeff. im thinking about going to seattle for shits in giggles. take advantage of that sw flight deal. any good shows between jan. 5 and feb 10?

chimichanga

boarderwoozel3
10-28-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't know what's playing in 2010 yet...

Aurgasm
10-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't know what's playing in 2010 yet...

get up to speed. i expect greatness

Still-ill
10-28-2009, 09:18 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/Bnoon/Picture1-4.png
I'm done with this.

canexplain
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
so we have about a foot of snow and they say by tomorrow afternoon we should get another foot or so .... pics to follow tomorrow .... cr****

JustSteve
10-28-2009, 09:58 PM
while putting my picc line in today the doc hit a nerve in my arm, the damn thing runs right along the vein they access so this is pretty common, but it hurts like a motherfucker...i swear i had a jacobs ladder running up my fingers. i'm electric.

Aurgasm
10-28-2009, 09:58 PM
so we have about a foot of snow and they say by tomorrow afternoon we should get another foot or so .... pics to follow tomorrow .... cr****

where you at?

its been snowing non stop today here in Denver...its fucking awesome

kroqken
10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
When will Todd Solondz's "Life During Wartime" be released?

canexplain
10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
where you at?

its been snowing non stop today here in Denver...its fucking awesome

aurora, I didn't know you were local ... cr****

Hey I hit 9k ....................... yea .............. one day Dani will give me my own name .....

Aurgasm
10-29-2009, 04:01 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/consumerist/2009/10/10-29-2009_11-57-06_AM.jpg

jeff might like these

kroqken
10-29-2009, 04:49 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/consumerist/2009/10/10-29-2009_11-57-06_AM.jpg

jeff might like these

Would that picture fly in the "red states?"

JustSteve
10-31-2009, 10:22 AM
so my dad is currently on a little yearly sailing expedition with a bunch of other boats(~170) known as the "Baja HaHa", they basically leave from san diego and sail down the baja coast for a couple weeks every fall. Well, one of the boats on the trip was attacked by whales and sank off the coast! Supposedly it took only 5 minutes to go down. All the crew was rescued and are safe...but holy shit, that's insane!

here's a link to the story:
http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/lectronicday.lasso?date=2009-10-29&dayid=344

PassiveTheory
10-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Whales... FUCK YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Suffacated
10-31-2009, 12:48 PM
so my dad is currently on a little yearly sailing expedition with a bunch of other boats(~170) known as the "Baja HaHa", they basically leave from san diego and sail down the baja coast for a couple weeks every fall. Well, one of the boats on the trip was attacked by whales and sank off the coast! Supposedly it took only 5 minutes to go down. All the crew was rescued and are safe...but holy shit, that's insane!

here's a link to the story:
http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/lectronicday.lasso?date=2009-10-29&dayid=344

Crazy story. Those people are lucky to be alive.

My son in law who is serving in the US NAVY aboard the USS Peleliu (LHA 5) has been involved in the recovery efforts of the two military aircraft that collided on the evening of the 29th.
One of which was a US Coast Guard C-130 engaged in a search and rescue mission. I wonder if that C-130 might have been headed to Baja? Who knows? Yeah, those rescued off of Baja are really lucky to be alive and I'm glad everyone is safe.

Survivors Unlikely in Midair Crash, Pentagon Official Says
Story Number: NNS091030-26
Release Date: 10/30/2009 5:53:00 PM

By John J. Kruzel, American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Search efforts continue after two military aircraft collided off the California coast Oct. 29, but a Defense Department official said it is unlikely there are survivors among the nine people aboard.

The crash occurred about 7 p.m. local time last night some 15 miles east of San Clemente Island, Calif., when a Coast Guard C-130 Hercules aircraft with seven people aboard collided with an AH-1W Super Cobra helicopter containing two pilots, according to the U.S. Coast Guard Web site.

"The search is still on, but it's likely taken the lives of nine individuals," said Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman, calling the collision a "tragic event."

The Coast Guard, Navy and Marine Corps are involved in the search, with Coast Guard assets including two MH-60J Jayhawk helicopters, the Cutters Edisto and Petrel, from San Diego, and the Cutter Black fin from Santa Barbara, Calif.

The Coast Guard aircraft from Air Station Sacramento was engaged in a search and rescue mission and the Marine helicopter from the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing stationed at the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton was conducting a routine training mission at the time of the crash. The Navy reported to the Coast Guard that they observed what appeared to be a midair collision, according to the Coast Guard. Coast Guard and Navy crews searched through the night amid conditions offering unlimited visibility and "ideal search conditions," the Coast Guard reported.

Efforts are focused on the search for survivors, and the Coast Guard is investigating to determine the cause of the accident.

For more news, visit www.navy.mil.