PDA

View Full Version : The Default Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
being known for tits ain't too bad though :thu
Holy hell.

canexplain
08-26-2009, 11:25 AM
gosh Ron are you from Colorado?

Native and proud of it. cr****

Young blood
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I thought you were born in Tenn. or out east somewhere?

TomAz
08-26-2009, 11:33 AM
gosh Ron I didn't know you were from Colorado. are you a U Colo grad then?

canexplain
08-26-2009, 11:34 AM
I thought you were born in Tenn. or out east somewhere?

No I lived in Tenn and NC for about 8 years but I am a Denver native born in Porter Hospital. cr***

Young blood
08-26-2009, 11:36 AM
gosh Ron I didn't know you were from Colorado. are you a U Colo grad then?

He's a Junior, 48 years running.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2009, 11:46 AM
deleted for job reasons

TomAz
08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Ivy
I think they were insulting your employer.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2009, 11:49 AM
i just contacted GQ to correct them and say that bush should be much higher on the douche scale with harvard at number 2 :p

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
well, insulting his actual alma matter of harvard would be a whole lot more insulting then cause harvard is higher on the list.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I thought W went to Yale? C average.

canexplain
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
I thought W went to Yale? C average.

According to Wiki... did you see now Wiki is going to put some brakes on what is posted? cr****
Bush
Yale University, B.A.,1968
Harvard University, M.B.A.,1975

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
sorry, yes, he did his undergrad at yale. grad at harvard.

Bud Luster
08-26-2009, 12:00 PM
i want to know how they decided george w. bush went to university of phoenix. it's public fucking knowledge he went to harvard. i've heard about shaq (who took courses one-on-one with an instructor and not in a classroom setting) though.

Shaq actually graduated from LSU. Well after winning championships and being CAKED THE FUCK OUT. He gave a speech at the commencement too, said something like "now I can get a real job." pretty funny...

TomAz
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM

http://www.myspace.com/georgewbush43

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
deleted for job reasons

Courtney
08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Wait, University of Phoenix is actually a real institution? That's where you work? I honestly thought it was some sort of internet-only entity like all the other places that spam e-mail offers for fake diplomas.

I'm not trying to be mean. But that's seriously what I thought. Clearly I am wrong but wow.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Whoa, the guy I knew who went to Yale did the same damn thing. (A average though)

TommyboyUNM
08-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Wait, University of Phoenix is actually a real institution? That's where you work? I honestly thought it was some sort of internet-only entity like all the other places that spam e-mail offers for fake diplomas.

I'm not trying to be mean. But that's seriously what I thought. Clearly I am wrong but wow.

It's a real institution. It's the reason why I didn't watch Monday Night Football for 2 years and why I was constantly working on a paper in that same span.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 12:14 PM
I thought it was all online too. haha.

TommyboyUNM
08-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Nope. I went the night-school route because of my full-time job. Mondays were pains in the ass for me. I had some really good professors, some good learning-team members, and some shitty learning-team members. I worked pretty hard, so I got quite a bit out of it. Well, except for the last two courses. Those were online and I was just ready to finish.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 12:26 PM
There was a story on NPR a while back about how much more people make if they go to prestigious/expensive universities.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2009, 12:26 PM
deleted for job reasons

Courtney
08-26-2009, 12:27 PM
There was a story on NPR a while back about how much more people make if they go to prestigious/expensive universities.

I am living proof that there are exceptions to every rule.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2009, 12:33 PM
oh and you should see a lot less random internet solicitation. we are trying to focus on more quality leads than just e-mailing every person in existence. we hired a new marketing firm over a year ago (i was lucky enough to be included in their accounting training since i needed some training) and that is going to be the new focus :)

TomAz
08-26-2009, 12:34 PM
he also came to university of phoenix, i believe for an mba, trust me, i've seen his record :)

i will never see that tom since i can't myspace at work and don't have internet at home, spell out the joke for me please!

George W Bush

Islamic Fascisists Cocktail-O -Terror... no longer served here!

Male
63 years old
WASHINGTON DC, MARYLAND
United States

Last Login: 4/14/2007

View My: Pics | Videos

Contacting George W Bush

MySpace URL:

www.myspace.com/georgewbush43

George W Bush's Interests
General The strategeration of the American goverment.
Music .
Movies Police Academy 1-6. I always saw myself as a young Tackleberry.
Television I love the 80's, Desperate Housewives, Blues Clues, and Boobah
Books Curious George....thats a joke. Hehehehe
Heroes My Daddy
Groups: Bruno is Jesus, Yale University, REPUBLICANS ARE SEXY!, Republican Girls Do It Better, Republican/Libertarian Bad Asses

View All George W Bush's Groups

George W Bush's Details
Here for: Networking, Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
Orientation: Straight
Hometown: Crawford, Texas
Body type: Athletic
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Religion: Christian - other
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Children: Proud parent
Education: Post grad
Income: $250,000 and Higher

George W Bush's Schools
University Of Phoenix-Dallas Campus
Dallas, TX
Graduated: 2006
Student status: Alumni
Degree: Associate's Degree
Major: Strategic Planning
Minor: Foreign Affairs

2006 to 2006
Harvard University
Cambridge,Massachusetts
Graduated: 1975
Degree: Master's Degree

1970 to 1975
Yale University
New Haven,Connecticut
Graduated: 1968
Degree: Bachelor's Degree

Courtney
08-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Nope. I went the night-school route because of my full-time job. Mondays were pains in the ass for me. I had some really good professors, some good learning-team members, and some shitty learning-team members. I worked pretty hard, so I got quite a bit out of it. Well, except for the last two courses. Those were online and I was just ready to finish.

ha ha ha, it's ok, i perfectly understand the perception that we are a diploma mill. i can tell you i have first hand knowledge though that we have been holding our students to academic policies more strictly lately as i deal with their appeals for financial aid reinstatment daily :)

i work for apollo group, the company that owns university of phoenix, but i mainly service UPX. it has been around since the mid/late seventies. we are fully accredited & a member of the HLC. we offer both online and ground classes, both here and abroad. apollo group is a fortune 1000 company & our founder and his son are the richest people in the state (john sperling). there are other subsidaries that are education related, including online high schools both here & in mexico, professional development schools and accoutning colleges.

university of phoenix is the number 1 private education provider in the country. we mainly specialize in business & technology degrees, but also offer education, counseling, nursing (work experience required), criminal justice (i believe work experince is required at the master's level) and recently psychology. we are looking to branch out even more, but i'm not sure if that's confidential so i won't say to what degree programs. we also offer a wide range of certificate programs. we offer everything from an associates to a doctorate.

the coursework is a lot more rigirous than people think. not to say we're harvard or anything, but we're a lot more than simply a "diploma mill". that being said, we generally cater to working adults who need that piece of paper to advance further in their careers. our instructors are generally required to have experince in the field in which we work. this one of the things i love about the school; courses are more like real life business than the imaginary land of academia where you generally have instructors who haven't worked a real job in 20 years and enjoy getting in 2 hour semantics debates. our instructors are generally out there working, just like you and therefore can provide you with valuable experience.

we started out as a school where you HAD to be over 23 and HAD to have a current job in order to attend, but we've lifted a lot of those requirements. most of our ground classes are at night and online is 24 hours a day and is discussion based. university of phoenix is also known for learning teams, which some people hate (like me, i go to another subsidary for my education for this reason) and some people love. learning teams are designed to be like your real life work team where you work together on your final projects. there's a lot of paper writing & presentations. we try to offer most of our books online too instead of paper books.

so that's UPX. i work in financial aid policy which is a nightmare to manage in some respects based on our non-traditional learning format. we offer courses pretty much every week of the year and you don't really take breaks. the courses are 5 weeks long and you generally take one at a time, so that can make it difficult to manage from a policy perspective since most of the federal regulations are geared towards semester based schools. but that's also what makes it fun.

That's interesting. Thanks for the detailed response. It never occurred to me that it might be a legit university with a physical campus. Although I'm still dubious of the idea of a for-profit institution of higher education. From an outsider's perspective, it seems like it might create some fundamental issues, if profit is the number one goal above education of students.

Courtney
08-26-2009, 12:37 PM
oh and you should see a lot less random internet solicitation. we are trying to focus on more quality leads than just e-mailing every person in existence. we hired a new marketing firm over a year ago (i was lucky enough to be included in their accounting training since i needed some training) and that is going to be the new focus :)

This is very good. The other thing I was going to say in response is that the school's marketing team needs to be kicked to the curb if it is inaccurately putting the perception out there that University of Phoenix is a diploma mill.

TomAz
08-26-2009, 12:39 PM
University of Phoenix has 'physical campuses' all around the country.

I think for-profit higher education is OK. they are filling a niche that was poorly served by academia.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 12:40 PM
I am living proof that there are exceptions to every rule.
Maybe it's more for the doctor/lawyer/CEO type jobs.

chairmenmeow47
08-26-2009, 12:41 PM
actually, i like being for-profit. being a business means you are always concerned about bottom line, yes, but it also means you have to service your customer. and you're not constantly begging people for donations.

i definitely understand the concern, but i really don't think it's as bad as people would think. at least we don't have a football team to suck up to :p

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
actually, i like being for-profit. being a business means you are always concerned about bottom line, yes, but it also means you have to service your customer. and you're not constantly begging people for donations.

i definitely understand the concern, but i really don't think it's as bad as people would think. at least we don't have a football team to suck up to :pThat's a great point. God I hate sports.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 02:43 PM
I accidentally slammed my pinkie with my stapler and I am enjoying the rush of my body's natural painkillers. I feel like House.

miscorrections
08-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Once I stapled my thumbs together. No, I don't know how that happened.

Young blood
08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I accidentally slammed my pinkie with my stapler and I am enjoying the rush of my body's natural painkillers. I feel like House.

Get a tattoo. As for the house thing, go outside more often. Nerd.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I was trying to refill the stapler and the spring mechanism slammed shut -- I didn't actually staple my pinkie. That sounds gross, Corinna.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Get a tattoo. As for the house thing go outside more often.
Dr. House. TV show. Crazy, cantankerous genius doctor guy with pain issues.

TomAz
08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
i hate it when that happens

Young blood
08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Dr. House. TV show. Crazy, cantankerous genius doctor guy with pain issues.

Yes, check my edits.

amyzzz
08-26-2009, 02:51 PM
lolz

miscorrections
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
I was trying to refill the stapler and the spring mechanism slammed shut -- I didn't actually staple my pinkie. That sounds gross, Corinna.

It was. My mom had to pry the staple out.

Geno_g
08-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I had an automatic stapler put a staple in my finger, it hurt, I had to use the staple removes because it was in too deep...

BROKENDOLL
08-26-2009, 04:10 PM
You guys need to try super glue next time. It works and it's less painful. I can vouch for this.

canexplain
08-26-2009, 05:53 PM
You guys need to try super glue next time. It works and it's less painful. I can vouch for this.

Unless it sticks lips together ..... cr****

BROKENDOLL
08-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Unless it sticks lips together ..... cr****
I managed to avoid that, but I did look rediculous with my finger stuck to my lower lip and a fingernail hanging off my chin...

Courtney
08-26-2009, 07:17 PM
COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

Hannahrain
08-26-2009, 07:22 PM
I fucking moved my coffee grinder and french press to my new place in Portland (already equipped with the brand new coffee maker I bought SPECIFICALLY FOR IT) and now am stuck at home until Monday without any method of making coffee for myself. I'm a moron. I'm THIS close to straining something pre-ground through a paper towel. Thisclose.

rskapcat
08-26-2009, 07:24 PM
I think I've used a paper towel as a filter in a pinch before. Not my proudest moment.

Courtney
08-26-2009, 07:27 PM
A clean, threadbare old t-shirt works really well for this purpose.

Stop looking at me like that.

CuervoPH
08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
I think you're brilliant for suggesting the t-shirt idea. If you had said, "Just use instant", THEN I would have looked at you like that.

Hannahrain
08-26-2009, 07:39 PM
You can also empty out a very mild tea bag and fill it up with coffee and then use the string to tie off the top, but I wouldn't ever do it with something that wasn't complementary to the coffee. Vanilla is acceptable, but I don't have any vanilla tea at the moment and it's a risky practice with most flavors.

shakermaker113
08-27-2009, 08:50 AM
sooo tired this morning. not looking forward to the day.

canexplain
08-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Hobo's and backwoods campers use a sock to strain coffee. cr****

Young blood
08-27-2009, 09:06 AM
They also use it to make meth, what are you saying here?

canexplain
08-27-2009, 09:17 AM
They also use it to make meth, what are you saying here?

I thought I was on ignore lol ..... So I don't have my Mono tic yet and I think I might just get it at the door, not sure. cr****

canexplain
08-27-2009, 09:28 AM
This is kind of creepy. Do we really need kissing robots? cr****

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10318705-1.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

canexplain
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Fuck you right wing. "Yea we Americans don't want that Canadian health plan that they all hate because they have to stand in line and ....yada"

In a new, bi-national opinion poll done by Canada’s CTV television network and the national newspaper Globe & Mail, 91 percent of Canadians said they prefered their national health care system over America’s pseudo-private system.

amyzzz
08-27-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm slowly becoming addicted to vanilla lattes.

TomAz
08-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Fuck you right wing. "Yea we Americans don't want that Canadian health plan that they all hate because they have to stand in line and ....yada"

In a new, bi-national opinion poll done by Canada’s CTV television network and the national newspaper Globe & Mail, 91 percent of Canadians said they prefered their national health care system over America’s pseudo-private system.

yes, anyone who says the Canadians don't like their system is either ignorant or a liar.

canexplain
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
yes, anyone who says the Canadians don't like their system is either ignorant or a liar.

Yep. This goes against a core value of mine but I was just thinking. If we had universal healthcare and it was mandatory for everyone (subsidized for the poor of course), why couldn’t we do away with the law or “value” that anyone who walks into a hospital or emergency room has to be admitted. I know this brings up the illegal immigrant issue but if you want care, get legal, get a green card, or any other ideas gang for that 10 million or so? There would also be cases of people on vacation from other countries here that get sick and a host of other issues, but essentially if everyone has healthcare, pull out your damn policy and give the info to the hospital and part of this problem is solved. Cr****

amyzzz
08-27-2009, 10:37 AM
So illegal immigrants are meant to get sick and die, Ron?

Courtney
08-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Huh. A sock. I will remember that for the next time I move apartments and can't find anything and am desperate (which happens more often than I would like to admit).

TomAz
08-27-2009, 10:43 AM

this rejoinder is so spot-on that I can add nothing to it. Well done amy.

sonofhal
08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
There would also be cases of people on vacation from other countries here that get sick and a host of other issues, but essentially if everyone has healthcare, pull out your damn policy and give the info to the hospital and part of this problem is solved. Cr****

Erm. I can't speak for every country, but it's illegal to leave the UK without travel insurance, so that shouldn't be a problem. If anyone is stupid enough to travel without it, they only have themselves to blame.

sonofhal
08-27-2009, 10:45 AM

Unless it was a matter of life and death, they'd probably avoid medical attention for fear of deportation, i'm guessing.

canexplain
08-27-2009, 11:24 AM

Of course not Amy, they should get legal but that is a different issue then this. That is why I asked for any ideas. To be blunt which always gets me into trouble: I am more worried about Americans that are going to die because of this health mess then anyone from any other country in the world. Maybe treat anyone under 16 or so but then we still have the same problem. Do you think everyone should have car insurance to protect each other or only people who want it and can afford it? In Colorado car insurance is mandatory so is a car more valuable or a bigger issue then someone who needs health care? Illegal or not, if you get caught driving without car insurance you are going to get busted at some point (like when you want a new plates). There is no big uproar on “Hey if I don’t want car insurance, that should be up to me and not the government. So what if I crash into you, I know it is never going to happen just like (sic) I know I will never need a doctor so I am not getting health insurance… cr****

TomAz
08-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Ron. maybe you should read about the coverage mandates that are part of all the reform proposals?

canexplain
08-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Ron. maybe you should read about the coverage mandates that are part of all the reform proposals?

You are right, but I get most of my info from Tv and the radio although I listen to both sides and not just one. Are there specific pages in the bill you would suggest? cr****

TomAz
08-27-2009, 11:36 AM
http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/1701455/draft_healthcare_reform_bill_mandates_medical_cove rage/index.html?source=r_health

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Don't you stress on those ol' robots, Ron! I'm gonna invent a "Wind Up Ron Doll" instead! Just imagine the hours of fun and controversy these guys can have then! You'll come equipt with several different issues that can be toyed with and perhaps a microchip containing various speech impediments, how's that? :winkiss

amyzzz
08-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I saw/heard of a few illegal immigrant women giving birth the same time I gave birth to my children. I assume they would go to the hospital for that as well, at least some of the time.

TomAz
08-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I know the CFO at the Phoenix-area 'safety net' hospital pretty well. He was telling me that whenever Arpaio has his big sweeps going on, the hospital is maybe 60% as busy as it is at other times.

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 12:16 PM
I saw/heard of a few illegal immigrant women giving birth the same time I gave birth to my children. I assume they would go to the hospital for that as well, at least some of the time.
I'm picturing Amyzzz there, calmly counting her breaths between pushes while some illegal is in the next bed screaming, "¡Usted asshole que coge! ¿Cómo podría usted hacer esto a mí? Ole'! Viva la bambino!"

canexplain
08-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Amy, just so you know my perspective on healthcare. At my work I have Kaiser and I have had it for over 25 years. Most of my co-pays are $10 with the biggest being $300 for any operation I have to have no matter what the cost. I take 3 prescriptions a day with cost me $12 a month total. My monthly premium is $000000, yep that is zero. I can’t think of a thing they are considering that will do anything to help me, and I am guessing this will cost me. So I am for a major change even though it will cost me money. But you know what? If my changes help just one family, well so be it. We have to start at home though because as they say “All politics are local” ….. cr****

Geno_g
08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know who or where I go to get a neon sign re-neoned (if that's a word), my BUD sign burned out and it's a 1992 budweiser neon sign... Any help would be great....

TomAz
08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Amy, just so you know my perspective on healthcare. At my work I have Kaiser and I have had it for over 25 years. Most of my co-pays are $10 with the biggest being $300 for any operation I have to have no matter what the cost. I take 3 prescriptions a day with cost me $12 a month total. My monthly premium is $000000, yep that is zero. I can’t think of a thing they are considering that will do anything to help me, and I am guessing this will cost me. So I am for a major change even though it will cost me money. But you know what? If my changes help just one family, well so be it. We have to start at home though because as they say “All politics are local” ….. cr****

Yes. you are part of the problem.

canexplain
08-27-2009, 02:11 PM

? My company pays for everything, we get the usual big group discounts, but that's about it. How does this make me part of the problem? cr****

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know who or where I go to get a neon sign re-neoned (if that's a word), my BUD sign burned out and it's a 1992 budweiser neon sign... Any help would be great....
Geno, I'll see what I can find out. I used to do banners and promo stuff for the Bud distributership here afew years ago. (Worked out afew deals on pay with neons...:))

TomAz
08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
You are riding around in a chauffered limo of a health plan while there are millions who can't even get a bicycle.

*edit: this was for Ron

canexplain
Geno, I'll see what I can find out. I used to do banners and promo stuff for the Bud distributership here afew years ago. (Worked out afew deals on pay with neons...:))

Did you get free beer? Is that where you met Suff? cr****

BROKENDOLL
No offense, but I'd consider being a part of the problem if I could...Damn...

amyzzz
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Mine used to be free. :( Now the co-pays have gone way up, the monthlies are LOW but not free, and I have to pay for a good chunk of EVERY GODDAMN LAB they need to do. I fucking HATE HATE HATE lab fees.

TomAz
08-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Gosh. you have to pay for a small portion of the cost of your own healthcare. Oh, the outrage.

canexplain
08-27-2009, 02:28 PM
You are riding around in a chauffered limo of a health plan while there are millions who can't even get a bicycle.

I do have a good plan I admit. Do I feel guilty that I have it? No and why? I get paid less then my counterparts in the private industry so it is a benefit we offer that some companies don’t offer. My ex has even a better plan, but then she works at Kaiser. As a side note, in the last 5 years I think I have been to the doctor about 5 times. I never use it thus I am not putting MY health costs on anyone… ….. cr****

amyzzz
08-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I went on strike for our health plan once before it even benefited me because I wasn't hired full-time yet.

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 02:32 PM
I have a bicycle. I just know how healthy I am to ride it more than afew miles.:rolleyes

Did you get free beer? Is that where you met Suff? cr****
No free beer, but a helluva great deal on neons! And, no I didn't meet suffacated with beer...we got introduced through drugs...:rolleyes

Courtney
08-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Homeless dude on the corner just asked me if I could "spare a couple dollars." What happened to folks asking for a quarter?

Hannahrain
08-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Have you looked at the cardboard box listings lately? Shit's really gone up, and fewer and fewer places are paying your reclaimed newspaper and duct tape bills.

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Homeless dude on the corner just asked me if I could "spare a couple dollars." What happened to folks asking for a quarter?
Brazen ol' bastards, aren't they? I had one ask for spare $ once and I just so happened to be going to In and Out Burger, so I bought him a combo meal, double-double and took it back to him. I was blown away when he looked in the bag and said, "Well, this won't get me drunk!"

SoulDischarge
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
When I was down and out in LA, some homeless guy apprehended me at a gas station in Beverly Hills that was across the street from a McDonald's. He asked me for some money for food, and I offered to give him some of the food in my trunk that I had just bought at the 99Cents store, since that was about all I could afford. He refused on the grounds that he really wanted some McDonald's.

sonofhal
08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Has anyone seen the remote control for my stereo? It's been missing for 2 days (and, yes, i have checked inside my anus).

amyzzz
08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
I didn't even know it was "okay" to give panhandlers money until I saw my friend do it once at the off-ramp of the freeway. My parents certainly never did it. They're all drunks, right? :)

amyzzz
08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I did give a guy $3 once for bus fare because his gay lover beat him up and he was stranded in Phoenix, etc etc. The story was so detailed and bizarre I think I gave him the money so he'd...uh...go away.

Young blood
08-27-2009, 03:49 PM
You should write a reggaeton song about your experience Amy.

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Has anyone seen the remote control for my stereo? It's been missing for 2 days (and, yes, i have checked inside my anus).
Haven't seen your remote, but I'm just bored enough to watch a rerun of you're searching your anus for it.

Okay. This calls for some serious self intervention! Or, a trip to that thread about being lazy and unmotivated...Fuck! I need a job!

canexplain
08-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Today is power off everything day for county governments. If this proves a success, I am going to drag out a memo I made about 15 years ago saying we should do this. They shot me down then saying it wouldn't make that much of a difference and who cared about the cost anyway. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..... cr****

I also got sent an email that was funny albeit not really true. Banks don't deal in large sums of paper money because most everything is electronic transfer. The email did show that if the government printed $100 bills for all the money they are going to spend, we would run out of trees to print them around 2025 lol ....

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Scratch that! It's 4pm and 114*!!! Who the fuck hires sweaty obnoxious messes in this shit?

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Okay, I'm 2 shots into my afternoon...The most you guys can hope for is a power out situation causing my computer to die, and my ass to cook...like chicken...:sorry

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Or, you could stick around and share a possible moodswing with me...I finally got an envelope from the Unemployment Appeals Board about 5 minutes ago...Do I approach this after another shot? (Shit! Another shot and I may not be able to read the damn thing!) My stomach just flip-flopped. Christ,you'd think I was up for an academy award or some shit!:afu Let's cross our...arms?....................................... ..........................................

MissingPerson
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey, Internet.

I'm bored again, and you are failing to entertain me.

Still-ill
08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
About to buy a new turntable.

Suggestions?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
MissingPerson, C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

SDsoldier7
08-27-2009, 11:29 PM
i took this photo earlier today:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab39/dnice858/n546391013_2471130_7552.jpg

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
08-28-2009, 12:01 AM
and then time starts over

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
08-28-2009, 12:07 AM
FUCK THERES A SPIDER SOMEWHERE ON MY DESK :mad:

it ran out from under my desk, gave me the finger, and then ran under my electribe. I lifted up my electribe to find no spider. Either this bastard is taunting me and is in hiding waiting for the right time to do it again, or i need to stop smoking meth.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
08-28-2009, 12:09 AM
ohhh look at me
C-C-C-COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

canexplain
08-28-2009, 06:28 AM
My goal today is not to argue with anyone …… cr****

justinaqui
08-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Good luck.
My goal for this past week has been to stop saying "We" when talking to people in my office. Going pretty well so far.

canexplain
08-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Good luck.
My goal for this past week has been to stop saying "We" when talking to people in my office. Going pretty well so far.

I always heard see how long you can go without saying "I". That's pretty hard also. cr****

SDsoldier7
08-28-2009, 07:27 AM
i smoked out this fly the other day. the fly was on the screen where my smoke was ventilating. eventually he started to walk around on the screen sporadically, up down, sideways. he then began to walk like a crippled fly. like he couldnt walk straight. then, when bassnectar comes on my ipod, he flies to the dock, and chills on the speaker fo the bass for at least two minutes. i shit you not.

TomAz
08-28-2009, 07:33 AM
My goal today is not to argue with anyone …… cr****

no it's not.

canexplain
08-28-2009, 07:42 AM
no it's not.

Morning Tom, happy Friday. Well let's see what people think of this quote.

At a town hall meeting Wednesday Sen. Jim Inhofe told Chickasha residents he does not need to read the 1,000 page health care reform bill, he will simply vote against it.

"I don't have to read it, or know what's in it. I'm going to oppose it anyways," he said.

Talk about an open mind on a subject. cr****

TomAz
08-28-2009, 07:48 AM
You should be more open-minded about closed-mindedness, ron.

Ardentbiscuit
08-28-2009, 07:54 AM
I felt this story was just swept under the rug and should have been given more attention..

Case of $134-billion T-bond bust fuels conspiracy theories
June 17, 2009 | 9:22 pm

For your entertainment, Bloomberg News columnist William Pesek lets his imagination run wild about the strange case of two Japanese men who were allegedly trying to smuggle $134 billion in U.S. Treasury bonds into Switzerland last week:

Two Japanese men are detained in Italy after allegedly attempting to take $134 billion worth of U.S. bonds over the border into Switzerland. Details are maddeningly sketchy, so naturally the global rumor mill is kicking into high gear.

Are these would-be smugglers agents of Kim Jong Il stashing North Korea’s cash in a Swiss vault? Bagmen for Nigerian Internet scammers? Was the money meant for terrorists looking to buy nuclear warheads? Is Japan dumping its dollars secretly? Are the bonds real or counterfeit?

The case has received little play in mainstream media, which Pesek presumes is because it’s so surreal. And, probably, because the assumption is that the bonds are phony. But the Italian authorities seem to have released few details so far.

I think the original story was carried by a service called AsiaNews, which I’ve never heard of. Go here for the original and here for the service’s follow-up. The Seeking Alpha website has a story here. Glenn Beck on Fox News also has picked up on this.

As you’re reading, keep in mind that actual facts on the story are in short supply.

Still, even assuming this is just a counterfeiting case, the total involved (if it’s accurate) is mind-boggling. This is manna from heaven for conspiracy theorists.

Note, though, that Bloomberg goes a little over the top with the headline on Pesek's column, suggesting that "Suitcase With $134 Billion Puts Dollar on Edge." The dollar may have plenty of things weighing on it lately, but this probably isn’t one of them.

-- Tom Petruno

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2009/06/for-your-entertainment-bloomberg-news-columnist-william-pesek-lets-his-imagination-run-wild-about-the-strange-case-of-two-ja.html

TomAz
08-28-2009, 07:59 AM
wow. I had not read that story Ardentbiscuit.

wow.

canexplain
08-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Yea that story (but not the follow up) was on the board when the story broke.

Here is the link to that whacko’s website that abducted the girl in the news 19 years ago. I wouldn’t spend more then a couple of minutes on the site, but it does show there are some very very strange people out there. Cr****

http://voicesrevealed.blogspot.com/

canexplain
08-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Weird quote of the day: “Shooting someone in the head in a church," he said, "is not a pro-life act” Cr****

amyzzz
08-28-2009, 10:38 AM
I took a pic on my phone of a license plate that said COACHLO. DOn't know how to post that here though. I can text it to someone! heh. :/

iv3rdawG
08-28-2009, 11:18 AM
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4428/1spl122148001.jpg

canexplain
08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4428/1spl122148001.jpg

I heard about that. It's a good thing the bear wasn't like that hampster video that is on youtube now.

An informal vote: Which best fits an excuse for our criminal of the day or is it a combination of the three? Cr****
A) Manuel Garrido told The Associated Press Friday that his son Phillip Garrido fell into a bad crowd when he was younger and started taking LSD. The elder Garrido said the drugs changed him from a good boy, whom everybody loved, to a crazy person.
B) People who knew Garrido said he became increasingly fanatic about his religious beliefs in recent years, sometimes breaking out into song and claiming that God spoke to him through a box.
B) Sexual predator and that’s the bottom line.

amyzzz
08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm next to the empty potluck/food run desk at work where everyone dumps their group orders of food, and the smell of chinese food today is making me feel slightly nauseated.

canexplain
08-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Tomaz, do you think tort reform should be or shouldn't be a part of the health debate and why? cr****

TomAz
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
On principle, I do. I think it is no coincidence that the most litigious society in the world also has the most expensive healthcare. It's not just the cost of litigation and resultant cost of malpractice insurance.. it's how it causes doctors to practice medicine differently. Order a whole batch of tests, even though he/she knows they are unlikely to show anything, because failure to order the batch of tests could be held against him/her in a malpractice suit. It's not rational, it's defensive.

Practically, though, maybe it's best they save it for later. Howard Dean says the only reason tort reform isn't in the healthcare reform bills is because reform is pissing off enough people as it is and that adding the trial lawyers to that list would just make it that much harder to pass anything. I can see the wisdom in that.

TomAz
08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
also, I am going to bite the head off the next fucktard who screams "OBAMA WANTS TO RATION HEALTHCARE". Guess what dickweed. We already ration healthcare, except we ration it based on a person's ability to pay, not based on anything rational, like merit or cost effectiveness or value added.

downingthief
08-28-2009, 02:09 PM
also, I am going to bite the head off the next fucktard who screams "OBAMA WANTS TO RATION HEALTHCARE". Guess what dickweed. We already ration healthcare, except we ration it based on a person's ability to pay, not based on anything rational, like merit or cost effectiveness or value added.

Agreed. It's amazing how easily people spit out the talking points without taking a moment to see if they have any merit.

BROKENDOLL
08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
I heard about that. It's a good thing the bear wasn't like that hampster video that is on youtube now.

An informal vote: Which best fits an excuse for our criminal of the day or is it a combination of the three? Cr****
A) Manuel Garrido told The Associated Press Friday that his son Phillip Garrido fell into a bad crowd when he was younger and started taking LSD. The elder Garrido said the drugs changed him from a good boy, whom everybody loved, to a crazy person.
B) People who knew Garrido said he became increasingly fanatic about his religious beliefs in recent years, sometimes breaking out into song and claiming that God spoke to him through a box.
B) Sexual predator and that’s the bottom line.
I'm betting his father abused him as a child sexually, but convinced him it was his fault, therefore he tried turning to religion to explain this so-called guilt, and has begun re-inacting the traumatic experience in order to find answers... Or, it was really bad acid...

Now, I'm just going by your criminal of the day post...I'm not even sure I know what criminal you're talking about. Is this a ploy to argue?

TomAz
08-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Agreed. It's amazing how easily people spit out the talking points without taking a moment to see if they have any merit.

There is a free buffet dinner. It has a lot of good things on it that everyone likes. Steaks, shrimp, vegetables, salad bar. It is first rate and quite good.

85% of Utopians can eat at this free buffet dinner. 15% are not allowed.

The King of Utopia decides this is wrong, and wants to get all 100% to the dinner. He realizes this will cost money -- the buffet isn't 'really' free, after all, it's paid for in the form of lower wages and taxes -- but the King does not want to just let the people in and let the next King figure out how to pay for it (a break in precedent from his predecessors).

So the King gets a bunch of smart people together and they study the thing and they realize some Utopians have been gorging themselves at the buffet. So they come up with a plan: people can still eat at the buffet -- but the new policy will be, if you come back for seconds, you can, but you have to pay for part of the cost of that second serving. The cost will be subsidized - you're not paying 100% of the cost -- but Utopians wanting a second trip to the shellfish platter or salad bar will have to pony up a bit of Utopian cash. The King's experts figure out that if they do this, they will save more than enough money to fund the buffet costs for the other 15%.

After the plan is announced, there is a revolution, the King is captured and ultimately beheaded. His crime? Starving the masses.

BROKENDOLL
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow, TomAz, I'll be honest, I fall into that 15% catagory, and while trying to understand what all the media is trying to explain to me in regards to this subject, you, yes, you I said, have done it better than any ol' cabinet member, spokesperson, leader, or health insurance expert ever has! I just hope while the masses are starving, I'm able to slip up and quickly grab a piece or two of shellfish to sustain myself!

canexplain
08-28-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm betting his father abused him as a child sexually, but convinced him it was his fault, therefore he tried turning to religion to explain this so-called guilt, and has begun re-inacting the traumatic experience in order to find answers... Or, it was really bad acid...

Now, I'm just going by your criminal of the day post...I'm not even sure I know what criminal you're talking about. Is this a ploy to argue?

Yea that is that creep that abducted the little girl, now a woman. I can't believe he is saying when all the story comes out, it will heartwarming. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... cr****

And I guess it could have been the Brown Acid :)

amyzzz
08-28-2009, 02:51 PM
He said that? I need to read more on that story. Truly frightening.

BROKENDOLL
08-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Yea that is that creep that abducted the little girl, now a woman. I can't believe he is saying when all the story comes out, it will heartwarming. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... cr****

And I guess it could have been the Brown Acid :)
Wait. You mean my assumption was right? 19 years later and this is what he's saying is his reasoning?

canexplain
08-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Oh no I think I agree to most of what you said Tom. The thing that gets me most about throwing in tort reform is if you listen to the left, they say insurance and trials account for between 1/2 and 1 percent of the cost for a doctor. Even the right puts it at between 1 and 2 percent usually. Now if the doctor is making 10 million a year, yea that is between 100k to 200k. Tuff fucking luck to have to pay 100k for insurance on 10 million. It is called the cost of business. I need to find this article I read just today and it talks about how the lawsuits against the doctors have dramatically dropped in the last 10-20 years. Pussys, it’s all a straw doggie. cr****

canexplain
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Wait. You mean my assumption was right? 19 years later and this is what he's saying is his reasoning?

That is what the Dad is saying. It was a joke BD. I have done lots worse the the legendary brown acid and I am normal. :) cr****

SoulDischarge
08-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not touching it.

captncrzy
08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
It's just too easy

canexplain
08-28-2009, 03:16 PM
He said that? I need to read more on that story. Truly frightening.

"You're going to find the most powerful story coming from the witness, from the victim," he promised. "If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backward, and in the end, you're going to find the most powerful, heartwarming story."

It is the Stockholm syndrome at its ugliest. Another good example of this condition: Millionaire heiress Patty Hearst was kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army and helped rob a bank because of SS. Cr****

And guys and gals, I put myself out there on the board with statements on purpose just to give you a smile lol (yes like the Normal statement)......

amyzzz
08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Didn't he keep her and their kids in the back yard in tents? WTF.

canexplain
08-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Didn't he keep her and their kids in the back yard in tents? WTF.

What really sucks is he was a known sex offender and committed a lot of other crimes. Two or three years ago, a neighbor called the cops and told them they heard some kids in the back yard in the tents and even thought "they might be living in the tents". A cop went over there, talked to the guy at the front door and just left. He didn’t ask any real questions and didn’t ask to go into the house or the back yard. The local cops admit they have more then eggs on their faces. cr****

marooko
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I just watched the shuttle launch. In HD. Awesome.

gmoneyak
08-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm participating in, what's being called, the largest tomato fight in North America. It's downtown Reno tonight, supposedly 3-4 thousand are supposed to be in it..

http://blog.clubcalneva.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/tomatina1-300x225.jpg
http://renopassport.com/wp-content/uploads/2849/La%20Tomatina%20Logo.jpg

WISH ME LUCK, I already have my goggles on.

MissingPerson
08-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Everyone learn guitar.

vZDjWLwqAPY

BROKENDOLL
08-29-2009, 10:07 PM
"You're going to find the most powerful story coming from the witness, from the victim," he promised. "If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backward, and in the end, you're going to find the most powerful, heartwarming story."

It is the Stockholm syndrome at its ugliest. Another good example of this condition: Millionaire heiress Patty Hearst was kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army and helped rob a bank because of SS. Cr****

And guys and gals, I put myself out there on the board with statements on purpose just to give you a smile lol (yes like the Normal statement)......
I'll smile even more if you'll take a moment to post your definition of "Normal..."

BROKENDOLL
08-29-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm participating in, what's being called, the largest tomato fight in North America. It's downtown Reno tonight, supposedly 3-4 thousand are supposed to be in it..

http://blog.clubcalneva.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/tomatina1-300x225.jpg
http://renopassport.com/wp-content/uploads/2849/La%20Tomatina%20Logo.jpg

WISH ME LUCK, I already have my goggles on.
With Reno 911 as popular as it's become, I wouldn't be suprised it's residents are actually working on changing the dynamics of the Bloody Mary to compliment it! LOL

cubrocker
08-30-2009, 03:38 PM
weezer being silly

a_8GNaEVCPU

TomAz
08-30-2009, 06:25 PM
http://thepirata.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/marijuana_smuggler_needs_job_01.jpg

marooko
08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm trying not to let it ruin my day so I'm in here about it, as opposed to the "bad mood" thread. But it's pissing me off anyway.

amyzzz
08-31-2009, 11:15 AM
I hope you feel better now that it's 3 hours later, maroo.

marooko
08-31-2009, 11:22 AM
A little, but not much.

We had people over, I ended up missing 100 bucks. How far do you go with "principle" and "accusations" amongst friends?

BROKENDOLL
08-31-2009, 12:02 PM
A little, but not much.

We had people over, I ended up missing 100 bucks. How far do you go with "principle" and "accusations" amongst friends?
How many friends are we talking about here, marooko? I'd throw on some tattered clothing, leave that 3 day growth on your face, and start going from friend door to friend door panhandling while telling your story and asking for change...big change.

Wait. You don't get 3 day growth yet, do you?

amyzzz
08-31-2009, 03:02 PM
tee hee. my gum chewing is pissing off my co-worker. For some reason this gives me boundless glee.

gmoneyak
08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
I had a fucking blast Saturday afternoon, this was definitely one of the funnest things I've done all year..

La Tomatina En Reno.. The biggest Tomato Fight in the US.

Good times.. there is a Gmoneyak sighting in this vid at the 0:13-0:22 mark. I'm the guy clapping his hands, goggles on, black shirt, shorts hiked up;

bA7hdghDrAc

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
now we need to have a spaghetti fight

roberto73
09-01-2009, 05:02 AM
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/rmonty73/Babyalien.jpg

canexplain
09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Brokendoll, you asked what my definition of normal was. Normal is having two daughters, and 10 grandkids. I was a Staff Sgt. in the Air Force for 4 years. I worked for the city and county of Nashville for 8 years, and my current job for 27+ years. I live in an average neighborhood in a brick ranch house. I was married once for 11 years and another time for almost 20 years. I drive a pickup truck sometimes but now I have my Saturn. I went to college for 10 years and never graduated lol. I traveled my whole life so I got to see most of the US and a bunch of foreign countries. I love music like most of the people on this board. All of that sounds pretty normal to me. Cr****

bug on your lip
09-01-2009, 11:49 AM
and ron never let any stupid bitch get in his way

bleep
09-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Gmail is down it seems. how the heck am i gonna do any work?

kreutz2112
09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Gmail is down it seems. how the heck am i gonna do any work?

I was JUST coming in to ask if it was down for anyone else. I am lost.

BlackSwan
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
My company's branded gmail is down too. GRRR.

bleep
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
i can actually do some real work, but what's the point of that?

BROKENDOLL
09-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Brokendoll, you asked what my definition of normal was. Normal is having two daughters, and 10 grandkids. I was a Staff Sgt. in the Air Force for 4 years. I worked for the city and county of Nashville for 8 years, and my current job for 27+ years. I live in an average neighborhood in a brick ranch house. I was married once for 11 years and another time for almost 20 years. I drive a pickup truck sometimes but now I have my Saturn. I went to college for 10 years and never graduated lol. I traveled my whole life so I got to see most of the US and a bunch of foreign countries. I love music like most of the people on this board. All of that sounds pretty normal to me. Cr****
So, old and normal are somewhat interchangable? LOL

MissingPerson
09-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I posted in the NIN thread a while back, so the thread keeps coming up to the top of my subscriptions whenever it's bumped.

Never actually read it though. Finally unsubscribed today and now... I kinda miss seeing it up there. :(

canexplain
09-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Wow I have been reading a little about this but MIT is saying by as early as next year we won't have to plug in electric stuff in anymore. It will just suck the electricity out of the wall. They even say within 5 years that will be the norm. God I would love to get rid of all the plugs and wires I have around the house. cr****

chairmenmeow47
09-02-2009, 12:55 PM
in response to the t-bonds theft on the last page, i heard about that too. this country doesn't seem to care where it's t-bonds are going normally, so why would they care when they are stolen?

we are damned lucky as a nation the chinese have nowhere to spend their moeny but our t-bonds or we'd be arguing over a lot more than healthcare right now.

canexplain
09-02-2009, 01:13 PM
What does anyone think about Obama talking to all the kids in school on Sept 8th? I would especially like to hear from Algunz and anyone in the teaching field. Cr****

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
09-02-2009, 03:00 PM
i was gathering photos of really fucking big spiders for a thread on another board. now i shall share them with all of you!

http://thepirata.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bird_eating_spider01.jpg
http://www.crainium.net/jdjArchives/Chicken-eating-spider.jpg
http://forums.steroid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=94687&stc=1&d=1224915872
http://www.geocities.com/brianvds/rsa/spider2.jpg
http://thewildones.faketrix.com/content/pictures/page-11/large/giant-spider-in-back-yard-eating-lizard.jpg
http://www.ecphora.net/mgs/images/Giant%20Spider%201a.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Heteropoda_venatoria_w_eggs.jpg

shudder

MissingPerson
09-02-2009, 03:03 PM
http://www.camelspiders.net/large-camel-spider.jpg

amyzzz
09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Nice. Now I'm going to have nightmares for weeks.

canexplain
09-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Wow, I just saw a commercial for the new George Lopez show, and he is doing this bit with the 2nd banana as it were. It was President Obama. I hated Nixon, but when he came on Laugh In, and said "sock it to me", I gave him a couple of points. cr****

Hannahrain
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Somebody please name my wireless network. I can't think of anything.

Still-ill
09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Sedgwick.

thefunkylama
09-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Prudence.

Percy.

Edith.

Ayn Randwich.

Snare.

Hannahrain
09-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm having a really hard time not naming it Boner Zone. I don't know why. I don't know why I do these things.

thefunkylama
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I think that basically means you have to, then.

Hannahrain
09-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I named it VIP Lounge. I think I'm going to learn to cross-stitch, though, so I can make a "Boner Zone" floral pillow.

Young blood
09-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Name it child porn. No one will ever hack into your network.

Young blood
09-02-2009, 09:44 PM
http://www.eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind.

We are a group of dedicated animal lovers, and atheists. Each
Eternal Earth-Bound Pet representative is a confirmed atheist, and as such will still be here on Earth after you've received your reward. Our network of animal activists are committed to step in when you step up to Jesus.

We are currently active in 20 states and growing. Our representatives have been screened to ensure that they are atheists, animal lovers, are moral / ethical with no criminal background, have the ability and desire to rescue your pet and the means to retrieve them and ensure their care for your pet's natural life.

We currently cover the following states:
Maine,New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana ... and growing.

Our service is plain and simple; our fee structure is reasonable.
For $110.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved. Each additional pet at your residence will be saved for an additional $15.00 fee. A small price to pay for your peace of mind and the health and safety of your four legged friends.

Unfortunately at this time we are not equipped to accommodate all species and must limit our services to dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, and small caged mammals.

Thank you for your interest in Eternal Earth-Bound Pets. We hope we can help provide you with peace of mind.

Please visit our FAQS page

thefunkylama
09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I bet those people make a killing.

Where do I sign up to be a rescuer?

Courtney
09-03-2009, 12:26 AM
I went to the doctor today because I sort of messed up my back while lifting some heavy boxes last week. I couldn't get an appointment with my normal doctor because it was such short notice, so I just took the first available appointment, which happened to be with a new doctor that I had not seen before.

After arriving at my appointment and sitting in the exam room for a few minutes, the new doctor came in and I was PSYCHED because he was surprisingly young and seriously gorgeous. I was even more excited when he started engaging me by talking about what a good choice of magazine reading I had brought with me (The Economist) and how he had especially enjoyed an article from a couple weeks ago.

We chatted about my work, and about my background in art. He asked me what my favorite period of art is, and so I mentioned that I had studied eighteenth century French art in school. He was super excited about this, and mentioned that during a recent trip to Italy he had fallen in love with this eighteenth century painter, Cortes, a Spaniard who worked in France. I said that I had never heard of the painter, but that I was curious. He said that he would love to show me the work, and then he got all excited when he had the idea that he could go back to his office and print out an image to show me. So after handing me a script for large amounts of pain medication, he came back into the room with a print out of a painting by Cortes, his favorite eighteenth-century painter:

http://images.artnet.com/artwork_images_689_512020_edouardleon-cortes.jpg

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the car wasn't invented until two centuries later.

SoulDischarge
09-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Brains, looks, and access to scripts. Obviously the perfect man. Don't let this one get away.

Courtney
09-03-2009, 12:50 AM
He did say that he wanted to see me again... in 4-6 weeks.

Pixiessp
09-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Sitting here on my yoga ball waiting for St. Vincent to perform on Jimmy Kimmel.

dorkfish
09-03-2009, 01:20 AM
X1mFoTQNivc

Young blood
09-03-2009, 08:56 AM
I went to the doctor today because I sort of messed up my back while lifting some heavy boxes last week. I couldn't get an appointment with my normal doctor because it was such short notice, so I just took the first available appointment, which happened to be with a new doctor that I had not seen before.

After arriving at my appointment and sitting in the exam room for a few minutes, the new doctor came in and I was PSYCHED because he was surprisingly young and seriously gorgeous. I was even more excited when he started engaging me by talking about what a good choice of magazine reading I had brought with me (The Economist) and how he had especially enjoyed an article from a couple weeks ago.

We chatted about my work, and about my background in art. He asked me what my favorite period of art is, and so I mentioned that I had studied eighteenth century French art in school. He was super excited about this, and mentioned that during a recent trip to Italy he had fallen in love with this eighteenth century painter, Cortes, a Spaniard who worked in France. I said that I had never heard of the painter, but that I was curious. He said that he would love to show me the work, and then he got all excited when he had the idea that he could go back to his office and print out an image to show me. So after handing me a script for large amounts of pain medication, he came back into the room with a print out of a painting by Cortes, his favorite eighteenth-century painter:

http://images.artnet.com/artwork_images_689_512020_edouardleon-cortes.jpg

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the car wasn't invented until two centuries later.

hahahahahahaha awesome.

canexplain
09-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I for one have always been a democrat and always voted democrat. If the dems don’t include a public/government/single payer plan in the health bill, or don’t use the nuclear option if they have to, I am done with the dems. Then the frikkin health bill plan can just go away. Medicare will be bankrupt in 5 years, and I can laugh all the way to my grave about how the republicans finally fucked up the US so badly. Then there will be a total ruin to our economy because of the lack of a good health plan. Idiot right wing and wimpy left wing. Cr****

TomAz
09-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Why is the presence of a public plan so crucial to you Ron?

amyzzz
09-03-2009, 10:20 AM
My phone just freaked out.

canexplain
09-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Why is the presence of a public plan so crucial to you Ron?

I don't know enough to give you a good argument Tom except, if we have a not for profit system, screw the insurance businesses, the cost will come down (and maybe the quality, I am not talking about that). The government can and will screw up part of it, but I have always had that sort of health care (military or HMO) and I have no complaints. As I posted one other time, I don't care for me, it's for my GF, the poor, and anyone who can't afford health coverage. cr****

canexplain
09-03-2009, 10:21 AM
My phone just freaked out.

Is it talking to you again Amy? :) cr****

chairmenmeow47
09-03-2009, 10:24 AM
i'd get a second opinion, i don't want any doctor working on my shit who doesn't know when the fucking CAR and HEADLIGHTS were invented, christ.

i hope you still hit it and quit it though courtney :thu

marooko
09-03-2009, 10:27 AM
The artist was ahead of his time.

TomAz
09-03-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't know enough to give you a good argument Tom except, if we have a not for profit system, screw the insurance businesses, the cost will come down (and maybe the quality, I am not talking about that). The government can and will screw up part of it, but I have always had that sort of health care (military or HMO) and I have no complaints. As I posted one other time, I don't care for me, it's for my GF, the poor, and anyone who can't afford health coverage. cr****

what other private businesses are you in favor of nationalizing that you can't offer good arguments for?

canexplain
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Give him a bit of slack Courtney. Cortes was born in the 1800’s which I don’t know if he was born then would you would say he was a 19th century painter or do you start from when he started painting. He then might be considered a 19th century painter so just a century off lol. In your field which do you usually use? When a person is born or when they start their art? The painter starting painting in late 1800's. Cortes of course kept painting so the painting you posted is of course some later work. Maybe your new friend meant 1800's and not 18th century? Cr**

canexplain
09-03-2009, 11:05 AM
what other private businesses are you in favor of nationalizing that you can't offer good arguments for?

Do you think we should privatize the military AKA Blackwater? Do you think local police and fire departments should be privatized or be government controlled? Should OSHA and the FDA be able to tell private businesses what they can sell and not sell or how to conduct their businesses? Should the government own all the radio and TV airwaves and be able to sell them or should it be whoever has the most money can buy as many and as much as they want so they can effectually control the media? “These are a few of my favorite things” as I break into song …..Cr****

TomAz
09-03-2009, 11:05 AM
You didn't answer my question.

canexplain
09-03-2009, 11:24 AM
You didn't answer my question.

I think I did because the government controls those businesses now although they don't own them. To be more blunt then, any "product" that is used and necessary by the average Joe. Utilities, airlines, gas et. al. cr****

marooko
09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Someone take car of me.

Young blood
09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Ill would love to hit you with my car.

canexplain
09-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Someone take car of me.

I don't need taken care of but don't you think Marooko one day your parents will use and want medicare or are they rich? I don't know if the word car was a mistake or on purpose but let's say it wasn't. When was the last time you drove in a shitload of snow in your car. Do you want the gov't to maintain the roads or are you going to personally do it yourself and go out and shovel the interstate? cr****

marooko
09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
im waiting for the gov. to give me an answer to these questions. ill get back to you.

amyzzz
09-03-2009, 11:58 AM
your gf's job.

marooko
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
your gf's job!

marooko
09-03-2009, 01:05 PM
http://www.laundryblues.com/Images/LaundryBluesSadFace.gif

amyzzz
09-03-2009, 01:22 PM
I seriously need some chocolate right now.

canexplain
09-03-2009, 01:45 PM
your gf's job.

Was that for me? If so, are you lucky enough to not know anyone, friend or family, that is unemployed?

I was listening to that know it all Hannity during lunch. He was talking about how the whacko environmentalist and the federal government were causing the farms of Southern California to become dust bowls because of a damn fish. He said this is also causing a 40 percent unemployment rate. He leaves out about half of them or more are migrant workers which he wants to kick out of the US. My point here though is: If the federal government stayed out of this issue then the Colorado residents would build a giant dam, we would control and have all the water coming from the rocky mountains and the Colorado river. Then Las Vegas, Phoenix (?), and Southern California would last about 3 months without water and everyone who stayed there would fucking die. Fucking Feds huh? …. Cr****

marooko
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
instantly?

amyzzz
09-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I meant it was marooko's gf's job to take car(e) of him.

Mr.Nipples
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
robot taking a shit
kdeQo1yT6R0&hl=en&fs=1&

Geno_g
09-03-2009, 02:29 PM
robot taking a shit
kdeQo1yT6R0&hl=en&fs=1&

I can see why your neighbors alway get pissed or move, jk

I had one of the greatest workouts ever for Weight Training for school, my muscles feel good, and I've been riding that natural body high...

canexplain
09-03-2009, 02:35 PM
instantly?

The Colorado River is managed and operated under numerous compacts, federal laws, court decisions and decrees, contracts, and regulatory guidelines collectively known as the "Law of the River."

Southern California currently has enough stored water to last up to two years (This is from 2003 and it is much worse now)

Roughly 30 million people — including many in Arizona and Southern California — depend on the Colorado River for drinking and irrigation water. (One article said 60 percent of So Cal and one said 40 percent of So Cal water.

So you will be able to see Coachella 2010 but alas no Coachella 2012 if we throw out all the federal controls just like that. Just sayin …. Cr****

marooko
09-03-2009, 02:39 PM
interesting.

chairmenmeow47
09-03-2009, 03:45 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, here is the best thing i've read all week. i work with financial aid, and the following student was trying to clarify that they were the head of their household. here is their statement:

The reason for filling "head of household" is due to the fact that I am the husband, therefore the "man" of the house; which in turn I am "head of household". There is, or was no other reason except the reason stated.

END OF STATEMENT

fucking awesome.

marooko
09-03-2009, 04:35 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4953/2171350584097962f79c.jpg

marooko
09-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Co-worker just says to me:

"I owe you an apology. I was bitching about the embeds you did on that other job. At least you gave me references. The shit I'm dealing with now from this guy is horrible."

Is there something missing there?

Courtney
09-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Hahaha. Is that supposed to make you feel warm and fuzzy?

Courtney
09-03-2009, 04:44 PM
The spanakopita I am eating right now is a vegan miracle.

marooko
09-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Hahaha. Is that supposed to make you feel warm and fuzzy?

Yeah, seriously. I laugh at him all the time.

canexplain
09-03-2009, 05:30 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, here is the best thing i've read all week. i work with financial aid, and the following student was trying to clarify that they were the head of their household. here is their statement:

fucking awesome.

I heard on the radio coming home today that men are being laid off disproportionately to men. See you are catching up. +5 for the ladies. How about that guy slapping the kid in Walmart. Yikes, I would have been in jail after I was finished with him if she was my daughter ..... cr****

I just read this and I wrote it after a bowl last night. It should say men and not women are getting laid off disproportionately.

Gribbz
09-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Nit1qJfCFKk

Has this been posted before? Meh, I don't care.

canexplain
09-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Since this is going to be the catch word for the next couple of weeks, I thought I would get it started ..... bad bad word .... cr****

TRIGGERS ……..TRIGGERS ………. TRIGGERS

TomAz
09-04-2009, 07:48 AM
huh?

canexplain
09-04-2009, 07:52 AM
huh?

Tom you would be the one person I thought would know this buzz word and argue with me lol. Let's see who knows what I am talking about and most won't care anyway. .... cr****

TomAz
09-04-2009, 09:30 AM
that's a pretty fine detail for this board, ron

canexplain
09-04-2009, 11:31 AM
that's a pretty fine detail for this board, ron

Well see you knew as I kind of figured. There are a lot of smart people on this board but they must be working or playing. I just know that word will drive me crazy for the next two weeks or so. cr****

"Trigger" legislation is fairly infamous as a method of conducting a gigantic, transparent legislative whiff to keep the status quo while still being able to send letters back home saying that you've done a nebulous "something" that will really, for sure this time, do something supposedly substantive in the future. Triggers are designed to never actually be triggered, after all: if a "trigger" for a public option was strong enough to actually threaten the insurance industry, it would hit the exact same roadblocks.

TomAz
09-04-2009, 11:31 AM
where did you cut and paste that one from?

canexplain
09-04-2009, 11:41 AM
where did you cut and paste that one from?

Not sure I just did a google or it could have been the Drudge Report. I c&p because the experts or a lot of people can explain hehe things better then I can. I know what some things are but just can't bring it down to laymen terms we can all understand (including myself). cr****

TomAz
09-04-2009, 11:44 AM
You know for an alleged liberal hippie you pay attention to a lot of right wing nonsense.

thefunkylama
09-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Tom, the liberal media is for women, and conservative media is for the men. Everyone knows this.

Hannahrain
09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
I have health insurance again. Let's drink to me.

TomAz
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Cheers!

Geno_g
09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Wow, sometimes people make me wonder, I manage a coffee shop/bakery and it makes me laugh sometimes how people say certain things. Like for instance, people calling a mousse cake a mouse cake, come on people, and also people call our cake that is flour-less, floor less. Where are they coming up with this...

captncrzy
09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
There's a fucking potluck going on in my office and these people won't shut the fuck up.

Hannahrain
09-04-2009, 11:56 AM
They're excited about my insurance.

captncrzy
09-04-2009, 11:56 AM
And the store-bought brownies.

Hannahrain
09-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Look, I only just found out. I didn't have time to make REAL brownies. I'm a busy woman. I've got stunts to do.

captncrzy
09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Baking brownies can be considerably more dangerous than any newfangled stunts.

http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedimages/sffd/press_room/gallery/KitchenFireDamage.jpg

PassiveTheory
09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Tom, the liberal media is for women, and conservative media is for the men. Everyone knows this.

How does that explain Ann Coulter?...

UNLESS-

http://instanttrap.com/trap.jpg

BROKENDOLL
09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Since this is going to be the catch word for the next couple of weeks, I thought I would get it started ..... bad bad word .... cr****

TRIGGERS ……..TRIGGERS ………. TRIGGERS

huh?
I think he's trying to pull a fast one on you, TomAz.

Tom you would be the one person I thought would know this buzz word and argue with me lol. Let's see who knows what I am talking about and most won't care anyway. .... cr****
I don't know what you're talking about, but I care. Seriuously, if you pull a fast one on TomAz and start making more sense than him, it will throw my thought process into a tail spin! LOL

kitt kat
09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
i lost my keys

my car keys
my house keys
my guitar case keys
my laptop lock keys
my bike lock key
my radio station key
all my keys

i cleaned my entire house---they're not here. i think i might have quickly taken them outside and left them, letting some sketchball of the neighborhood to take them. great.

Geno_g
09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
That sucks, with the amount of guitars I have I'm surprised I don't have locking cases for them, they just hang on my wall...

amyzzz
09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
That's too bad, kk. My keys are attached to 2 long key chains, so it's one big jumble of jingly stuff, and that keeps me from losing them so often. (because I used to lose them a lot).

Suffacated
09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXFR4Ya0F9A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXFR4Ya0F9A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OK....
I feel much better now....

Courtney
09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Bummer. I am always losing my keys too. But most often I just lock them in the trunk of my car or something.

I should really make dups of everything in sight and scatter them around to my various friends and acquaintances.

Hannahrain
09-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I like the notion of having a safe place to stash an extra mailbox key, and then leaving my actual spare set of keys locked in the mailbox. But I haven't come up with a great spot yet.

kitt kat
09-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah, see they were a HUGE keychain with about 8 or 9 different keys and a few decorative things and Ralphs cards, etc.

I obviously had them when I came home...but after cleaning my room, I wonder if I left them in the door (that's something I've never, ever done before, though.)

kitt kat
09-04-2009, 12:57 PM
not to mention my mom discovered I'm going to ATP and she's VERY VERY VERY mad

TomAz
09-04-2009, 12:59 PM
News - July 20, 2007

How We Know Where Our Lost Keys Are
In feature-based attention, neurons form the search patterns we use to find familiar objects in unexplored places
By Nikhil Swaminathan

When on a hunt for Waldo, that dastardly master of cryptic coloration, you probably try to zero in on the color red, hoping to catch the top of his candy cane–colored hat, or perhaps his distinctive black-rimmed glasses. Similar principles are helpful when trying to find apples in a supermarket or lost keys in our house.
Two new studies appearing in this week's issue of Neuron elucidate the neural mechanisms behind feature-based attention—essentially, the tuning of your visual processing system to specific colors, shapes or motions as a way of formulating an awareness of a scene. The findings could one day be used to better diagnose and treat disorders such as attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and dyslexia.

"The idea is that this is the mechanism that allows you to find things when you know what they are but you don't know where they are," says John Serences, a cognitive scientist at the University of California, Irvine, and co-author of one of the new reports.

He and Geoffrey Boynton, a system neurobiologist at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla, Calif., had 10 subjects perform a visual attention task as their brains were scanned via functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI). During the test, participants faced a screen, the bottom half of which was empty, while the top half showed two clusters of dots stacked one above the other. Each cluster contained a layer of dots that moved upward and to the left superimposed on a second set of dots that moved upward and to the right.

Neuroscientists established in previous work on spatial attention that varying groups of neurons in the visual cortex process different sections of the visual field. A subset of neurons will fire—that is, send electrical signals that convey information—when a person focuses their attention on the upper half of a scene, whereas a different subgroup activates when attention is transferred to the lower half.

From the fMRI data, the researchers could see that, as they had expected, different subpopulations of neurons in the brain were also activated when the subjects were asked to concentrate on stimuli moving up and left versus up and right. The surprise came when they noticed that a pattern of activity among the neurons that process the lower half of the visual field echoed the behavior of the cells for the field's upper half.

"While [the subjects are] attending to a particular direction of motion, the part of the brain that processes that direction of motion becomes more sensitized to detect that … motion," Serences says. "The really new thing is the fact that this sensitization spreads across the entire visual field." This indicates that while you are consciously tuning for a particular shape or color—say, your lost keys—in one part of your visual field, you may be subconsciously alerting the entire visual system to that trait, enabling a more efficient search.

In complementary work, Taosheng Liu, a research scientist in New York University's Department of Psychology and at its Center for Neuroscience, put eight subjects through a similar fMRI task. In Liu's experiment, participants viewed a composite image of two sets of superimposed bars. (One set of bars slanted 20 degrees clockwise from the vertical; the other, 20 degrees counterclockwise.) When the image appeared in front of the volunteers, they were told to focus on either set of skewed bars. The results from the subjects' fMRI scans indicated that neurons in the visual cortex attuned to shapes slanting clockwise would fire if the subjects were told to focus on the corresponding bars, and vice versa.

After focusing on a particular group of bars for a short time, the signal from the associated neurons would begin to quiet—indicating an adaptation to the stimulus. Then the researchers would switch the image to a picture containing only one of the two sets of bars.

According to Liu, if the new image was in the same orientation as the bars the subjects had focused on, the already adapted neurons would be less sensitive to the change and show a "relaxed response." If, however, the scientists showed a picture of the opposite orientation, a different subpopulation of neurons would respond with a flurry of activity. "The cool part," Liu says, "is the clockwise and counterclockwise neurons are all intermingled in the same part of the brain," the primary visual cortex.

"We're starting to understand how you can efficiently find things that you're looking for," Serences says. In addition, he adds, the research is part of "figuring out very mechanistic descriptions of how attention works," which can be used in the future "to develop better tools and better objective measures for diagnosing disorders like ADD and dyslexia."

Further Reading
Strategically Placed Obstacle Near an Exit Can Speed Evacuations
The Origin of the Mind
Making Chemical Scents of Decomposition
Why We Get lost

A Biochemical Way to Reduce Drug Side Effects?
50 Years Ago: Making and Forecasting Ocean Waves
The Persistent Prophet--Lester Brown's New-Found Optimism
Space Geology: From the Moon to Mars

rskapcat
not to mention my mom discovered I'm going to ATP and she's VERY VERY VERY mad

I don't follow...why would she be mad?

amyzzz
hahaha

TomAz
09-04-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.keyringer.com/

marooko
09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
i lost my keys

my car keys
my house keys
my guitar case keys
my laptop lock keys
my bike lock key
my radio station key
all my keys

i cleaned my entire house---they're not here. i think i might have quickly taken them outside and left them, letting some sketchball of the neighborhood to take them. great.

thats why i keep my separate. ive never lost them all at once.