PDA

View Full Version : The Default Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94

kreutz2112
06-12-2007, 10:36 AM
How about a newspaper?

would have required leaving my house and then coming back. I dont get the paper delivered.

hannah, how is that picture unrelated?

kreutz2112
06-12-2007, 11:02 AM
did anyone see how shitty the set times are for lolla? there is no staggering!

denies the day
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
There are not nearly enough good Indian, Middle Eastern, and Asian food joints in the PHX.

I can't wait to move outta North PHX. God, it's boring around here...

algunz
06-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Whining about it is boring too.

kreutz2112
06-12-2007, 12:19 PM
so is the board today. Randy, please start another thread about yourself for my pleasure.

algunz
06-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I agree there's just not a whole lot goin' on in here today.

captncrzy
06-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Im in Charlotte, NC in a Hyatt Place (formerly Amerisuites) right now. I must say, this room pretty much rules. Note the 64 inch flat screen.

http://www.amerisuites.com/reservations/hotelimages/3998/GuestRoom.jpg

phoenixsky
06-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Whining about it is boring too.

Wow. That was annoying.

bumper31
06-12-2007, 03:21 PM
There are not nearly enough good Indian, Middle Eastern, and Asian food joints in the PHX.

anyone know the driving time from vegas to phoenix in real driving speed...a d not that 55mph shit....i'm talking 90 - 100 even with the soft suspension all yer motahs have?

err...pleasse......

err....thank you...or as Bjork said....Thinkq

amyzzz
06-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe 4-5 hours.

marooko
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM
err....thank you...or as Bjork said....Thinkq[/QUOTE]

thats fucking funny. thats exactly what she said. hahaha

bumper31
06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Maybe 4-5 hours.

ooooohhhh that far....thx

captncrzy
06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I've done Vegas in 3 1/2 hours but that was with NO traffic, which doesn't happen too often.

mountmccabe
06-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Yusuf's is my favorite local Middle Eastern place. It is at Cave Creek south of both Greenways. It's only open until 7 pm but they have great hummus, baba ganoush, falafel and lentil soup. And various other dishes I can't think of the names of right now. It's also a grocery store and they have great dried Turkish figs and also a good selection of olive oils.

There certainly could be more Middle Eastern places, though.

Taste of India at 16th St and Bell is pretty damned good; I was there before going to First Friday. India Delhi Palace at 7th and Bell is pretty good too and they certainly count as North Phx. Earlier on this board downingthief recommended a place at either 68th Street or 68th Ave and Indian School (right?) but I've not made it there yet. I really should make work of that. And Pasand's in Tempe is fantastic and also Flavors of India around 20th and Camelback. I'd say there's decent coverage for Indian food though maybe you're more picky with that than I am or maybe you're looking in a different area.

There are some great Thai places but I know of nothing real great in the North Phoenix area. Pink Pepper at 3rd St and Bell is solid but not amazing. Thairama on Indian School or Camelback (I always forget) is my favorite; Malee's in Scottsdale is also very good. As it the place in Tempe my brother took me to before Melt-Banana. I don't remember what that place is called though.

Not many choices for Vietnamese food; I don't recall the place my sister and I went but again that's down off of Indian School.

If I'm thinking Japanese I think of Nagasaki Grill in Tempe and then kinda blank. Except for sushi places. The one around the corner from me is good enough. There are a few in Scottsdale that I've liked quite a bit but I don't recall much more about them.

There's a lot of generic Chinese food but also plenty of good if not amazingly wonderful places. There's one around 7th st and Union Hills that I liked quite a bit. Don't remember the name or where, exactly it is after the move. Then there's that place that I also don't remember the name of that has the seperate Chinese and American menus. I wanna go back there.

OK, sorry. It's kind of a kneejerk reaction.

Phoenix isn't perfect or even great but there's great stuff here if ya wanna look. But most people I know that complain about how little good food there is here don't want to try anywhere, they'd prefer to just complain and eat at Applebees. So please take the above rambling positively or at least lightly. (:

mountmccabe
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I've done Vegas in 3 1/2 hours but that was with NO traffic, which doesn't happen too often.

Wow. What route did you take?

Traffic at the Hoover Dam is one of the key timing factors. If it's busy there traffic just crawls.

I was gonna say that Amy underestimated on time but it's been while since I've been to Vegas.

amyzzz
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Taste of India at 16th St and Bell is pretty damned good; I was there before going to First Friday. India Delhi Palace at 7th and Bell is pretty good too and they certainly count as North Phx. Earlier on this board downingthief recommended a place at either 68th Street or 68th Ave and Indian School (right?) but I've not made it there yet. I really should make work of that. And Pasand's in Tempe is fantastic and also Flavors of India around 20th and Camelback. I'd say there's decent coverage for Indian food though maybe you're more picky with that than I am or maybe you're looking in a different area.

I think we may have tried the India Delhi palace at 7th and Bell and were not impressed. Also, there was an Indian place on 64th ave (??) and Bell, somewhere near that Outback on Bell, but I'm not sure if it's still there. It was alright. We loved Taste of India so much that nothing else could come close, although the chicken tikka masala at Pasand's is pretty darn good. (Do not get the "first timer's special" at Pasand's. There are two curry dishes in it that were pretty bland, although I like the fried onion appetizers.)

Hannahrain
06-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I just tilted my head forward and a dead spider fell off of my head. I believe it to be the one that was crawling on my light fixture this morning, as I am sitting directly underneath it. It was all rigor-mortis-y or whatever the insect equivalent is. I'm not near a garbage can. I didn't know what to do with it, so after I looked at it for a while I put it in a candy wrapper and put it aside to be thrown away when I get up next.

mountmccabe
06-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I'd post in the Pot's Shoes thread but I am enjoying it and want it to continue.

Hannahrain
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Come on, John. THIS IS YOUR MOMENT IN THE SPOTLIGHT. GO WIN SOME SHOES!!

c8WpWW1n85E

algunz
06-13-2007, 11:34 AM
My friend had a spider crawl in her ear while she was sleeping.

I woke up to a cockroach sitting on my pillow staring at me while in a shitty motel in the Bahamas. That creeped me out, big time.

denies the day
06-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Yusuf's is my favorite local Middle Eastern place. It is at Cave Creek south of both Greenways.

This is the place I've been meaning to try and didn't know where it was. Gonna hit it up this weekend.

There certainly could be more Middle Eastern places, though.

No joke. There's a Middle Eastern joint on like Northern and like 7th Street (I think) and it's alright. I'm currently hooked on the veggie platter at JT's on 35th Ave and Greenway. And I still need to hit up the market/restaurant on 35th Ave and Dunlap. I suck at names.

Taste of India at 16th St and Bell is pretty damned good; India Delhi Palace at 7th and Bell is pretty good too and they certainly count as North Phx. And Pasand's in Tempe is fantastic and also Flavors of India around 20th and Camelback. I'd say there's decent coverage for Indian food though maybe you're more picky with that than I am or maybe you're looking in a different area.

Taste of India is good but I've only been there during lunch. Delhi Palace was so-so (I thought they closed). Everyone raves about Pasand's so I must go there soon. And I'm only picky in the sense that I want it to be more interesting and definitely spicier than the watered down version of Indian food that is so prevalent around here.

There are some great Thai places but I know of nothing real great in the North Phoenix area. Pink Pepper at 3rd St and Bell is solid but not amazing. Thairama on Indian School or Camelback (I always forget) is my favorite

Try Touch of Thai on 35th Ave and Bell. Awesome lunch specials and the dinners are real tasty as well. Pink Pepper usually disappoints but maybe it's because of the decor. Thai Rama is way good! And next time you find yourself hungry downtown, hit up the Wild Thaiger right next to Durant's.

If I'm thinking Japanese I think of Nagasaki Grill in Tempe and then kinda blank.

I really miss the one year we had a Todai's in town.

Phoenix isn't perfect or even great but there's great stuff here if ya wanna look. But most people I know that complain about how little good food there is here don't want to try anywhere, they'd prefer to just complain and eat at Applebees. So please take the above rambling positively or at least lightly. (:

I totally understand. I have ADD of the palate.

ewiggy
06-13-2007, 12:05 PM
this is a record so far. arcade fire's out-of-print limited edition first 7" is about to go for over $300 on ebay.

here (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270129291076&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:CA:12)

Courtney
06-14-2007, 09:20 AM
I want to take this class on lolcode (http://machineproject.com/2007/06/01/i-can-has-var/) so badly.

Hannahrain
06-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Hahaha. Do it, Courtney. Best thing ever.

Also, I have decided for certain that I am going to take standup classes at LCC this fall.

captncrzy
06-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow. What route did you take?

Traffic at the Hoover Dam is one of the key timing factors. If it's busy there traffic just crawls.

I was gonna say that Amy underestimated on time but it's been while since I've been to Vegas.

The regular route; actually I think it was Vegas-Phoenix, not Phoenix-Vegas. Somehow it's quicker coming home.

And I think it was pre 9/11; it used to be faster to go through there before all the military guards got stationed there.

amyzzz
06-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't think I've actually driven to Vegas after 9/11, so my advice is apparently old and inaccurate.

captncrzy
06-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I personally love Pita Jungle in Tempe. More Greek than Middle Eastern though.

Hannahrain
06-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Justice-D.A.N.C.E. is the free single on iTunes right now.

ewiggy
06-15-2007, 09:26 AM
i just saw this on a certain AF ebay auction and lol'd:

Question & Answer
Q: Does it have the sticker/insert[s]? - E

A: It has the insert (perfect condition), but never came with a sticker.

Hannahrain
06-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Haha[ha]

H

downingthief
06-15-2007, 09:33 AM
I personally love Pita Jungle in Tempe. More Greek than Middle Eastern though.

Pita is always solid. Very unique menu.

As far as the Indian food talk goes, I'll say it again...anyone that likes Indian food in Az MUST try Tandoori Times Bistro. It's in old town Scottsdale. I also found out that they are opening up a new one in NW Phoenix. Honestly, the best Indian food I have ever had.

captncrzy
06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Pita is always solid. Very unique menu.

As far as the Indian food talk goes, I'll say it again...anyone that likes Indian food in Az MUST try Tandoori Times Bistro. It's in old town Scottsdale. I also found out that they are opening up a new one in NW Phoenix. Honestly, the best Indian food I have ever had.

Where is it? I've never seen it down there. The only place I really like to go to in old town is to Kazmeres. Killer wine bar; love their tapas.

I forgot to mention that there is a little middle eastern take-out place on Mill Ave called Med Fresh. We go there for lunch quite a bit; pretty damn good.

downingthief
06-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Where is it? I've never seen it down there. The only place I really like to go to in old town is to Kazmeres. Killer wine bar; love their tapas.

I forgot to mention that there is a little middle eastern take-out place on Mill Ave called Med Fresh. We go there for lunch quite a bit; pretty damn good.

LOVE Kazimierz. We go there at least once a month. The wine is always perfect there. Their cheese plate is insane, too.

Tandoori Times is on Indian School, just east of 68th st. Right next to Anderson's fifth estate.

denies the day
06-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Tandoori Times is on Indian School, just east of 68th st. Right next to Anderson's fifth estate.

Is this place semi-new?

BTW, Pita Jungle just opened a spot on 40th Street and Indian School.

captncrzy
06-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I'll check out Tandooris next time I cross the bridge over there.

40th St/Indian School? I'm loving the stuff going in over in that area; Chelsea's Kitchen (kick ass patio), Postino's...etc. Postino's also has a killer cheese plate and a great wine selection; not to mention the best bruchetta I've ever had. The Fig/Marscapone bruchetta rules.

mountmccabe
06-16-2007, 01:15 AM
LOVE Kazimierz. We go there at least once a month. The wine is always perfect there. Their cheese plate is insane, too.

OHH, OK. Henri and I were talking about going there before next show at Anderson's while at Voxtrot. I had forgotten the name of the place. Neither of us had been there we were just saying, hey the menu looks good and it's an Indian place right next to Anderson's.

Sweet.

TomAz
06-16-2007, 04:51 AM

Kazimierz is awesome. I like to go there before dinner at Sea Saw or Cowboy Ciao

captncrzy
06-16-2007, 08:05 AM
WINE FLIGHT.

Everytime I go in there I laugh because it used to be Craigs Place once upon a time. I spent many drunken, tequila shot laden nights in there. And now it's a speakeasy-type wine bar.

When we go to Andersons, we usually go to Kyoto for sushi. Some of the best sushi in town, imho.

phoenixsky
06-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Damn. These are quite possibly the worst hashed browns in the universe.

Thank you, breakfast burrito, for picking up the slack.

thefunkylama
06-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Today is the best day ever in the adult history of Alma. Best. Day. Ever.

marooko
06-16-2007, 04:36 PM
wel thats graeat.

thefunkylama
06-16-2007, 04:42 PM
i KNOW!!

kreutz2112
06-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Today is the best day ever in the adult history of Alma. Best. Day. Ever.

Why?

thefunkylama
06-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Working the farmer's market, I got a shit ton of free stuff and then got paid $40 for being there for 3 hours and having a blast working. Upon arriving home, I discovered 2 checks in the mail with my name on them, as well as $2700 in the bank. Plus I am for sure going to Louisiana in July. Plus I got two new movies in the mail that I hear will blow my mind. Plus my grandparents are not threatening to die on me for the first time in many moons. Plus I am eating some really really good home-made salsa and that just makes everything better.

bumper31
06-17-2007, 07:12 AM
I want to apologise for posting proliferously.....but you're all in bed and the cricket is boring me.......

As such I am going to treat you to a few fine words and quotes that were said by mate Ian at the pub on friday.......I find Ian very quotable:

The conversation was getting round to the stag do (bachelor party) we are going to in August in Riga, Latvia.
Ian said: "I better come back with my rear virginity intact"

Talking generally about Sexy ladies and our slim chances
Ian said: "It's not rape if you shout SURPRISE!"

Talking about ahem Gay Congas
Ian said: "It sucks being last because it's all of the giving and none of the taking"

At which point someone else said that it's okay for straight lads to talk about gay thinks as long as we say BANTER at the end.

Hannahrain
06-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I passed a sign for a disposal service today. The sign said "We remove your junk for ten dollars!".

Also someone who looked like Courtney Taylor² came into the store today. I had to stay behind the counter. I was afraid that I was going to lick him.

marooko
06-17-2007, 03:17 PM
im bored

ewiggy
06-18-2007, 02:28 PM
i will be arriving in California sometime in the first week of August.

kreutz2112
06-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Working the farmer's market, I got a shit ton of free stuff and then got paid $40 for being there for 3 hours and having a blast working. Upon arriving home, I discovered 2 checks in the mail with my name on them, as well as $2700 in the bank. Plus I am for sure going to Louisiana in July. Plus I got two new movies in the mail that I hear will blow my mind. Plus my grandparents are not threatening to die on me for the first time in many moons. Plus I am eating some really really good home-made salsa and that just makes everything better.

congrats on the money, living of your grandparents, and arrival of movies. What movies are they and did they blow your mind.

kreutz2112
06-18-2007, 02:46 PM
i will be arriving in California sometime in the first week of August.

on the same note: I am going to be at UCLA from the 27 of june to july 1st. So, soon...

Hannahrain
06-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I accidentally set my default chat background to a photoshopped picture of Gary Coleman and Phyllis Diller and I don't know how to permanently remove it.

kreutz2112
06-19-2007, 06:46 AM
http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/thumb/2/22/C_is_for_Cooking.JPG/300px-C_is_for_Cooking.JPG

I wonder how easy the crack recipe is to follow?

Hannahrain
06-19-2007, 07:34 PM
I scraped myself with a jagged guitar string, and the way that the little punctures line up makes it look like someone stabbed me with a fork. Webcam pic isn't great, but in real life (especially when it was bleeding earlier) it looks like I got into a fight with someone while they were eating.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1222/573129763_de4c1adeb4_o.png

thelastgreatman
06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/thumb/2/22/C_is_for_Cooking.JPG/300px-C_is_for_Cooking.JPG

I wonder how easy the crack recipe is to follow?

Someone on this board offered me a thousand dollars to teach them how to make crack, and I turned it down. True story.

Not to pat myself on the back, but that is truly remarkable considering the complete lack of morality I used to practice.

I might even be a good person nowadays, come to think of it.

Unemployment also cured my depression.

Am I safe from being lambasted for egocentricity since I posted all this in the Default Thread?

miscorrections
06-19-2007, 07:50 PM
i spent hours cleaning the kitchen today and now my fingers have no fingerprints because of the copious amounts of bleach i used.

thelastgreatman
06-19-2007, 07:52 PM
i spent hours cleaning the kitchen today and now my fingers have no fingerprints because of the copious amounts of bleach i used.

Every time God sears some flesh, he opens a window.

You're now in perfect form to quit college and take up a life of cat burgling.

miscorrections
06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
how do you know THAT I HAVEN'T ALREADY?!?

denies the day
06-19-2007, 11:28 PM
What's up with the current trend of Myspace-pic avatars?

gmoneyak
06-19-2007, 11:34 PM
They are making a funny on another thread....clever kids..

chrislasf
06-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I am watching Cops right now and it is in Indio. A guy in a white truck has been pulled over for suspicion stemming from selling garden tools door to door. He is being charged with having fake tags. He said his wife did it but shes in a coma right now.

captncrzy
06-20-2007, 05:57 PM
So there's a special on TLC tonight titled "I Eat 33,000 Calories a Day". I'm watching it right now. I highly recommend it.

miscorrections
06-20-2007, 05:58 PM
the people in the apartment above me are either people who eat 33000 calories a day or people who like to stomp around in lead boots.

captncrzy
06-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Most of these people are bedridden. They have people bringing them their food. This one guy has his family cooking for him constantly and after they go to bed, he calls for delivery-he sends the money down thru his window in a bucket; the delivery guy puts the food in the bucket and he pulls it up.

miscorrections
06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
sweet lordy jesus someone should put them out of their misery.

ewiggy
06-20-2007, 06:08 PM
how could you be that delivery guy?

Hannahrain
06-20-2007, 10:25 PM
My right kneecap is moving around a lot more than it is supposed to right now.

PineapplePete
06-20-2007, 10:30 PM
i just discovered an alarming bump near my wrist...it looks like a pebble stuck under my skin....anyone had this before?

J~$$$
06-20-2007, 10:30 PM
WHY THE FUCK IS M*A*S*H STILL ON TV!!!!!!!!? Worst show ever. It was never funny. In 500 years it wont be funny. ARGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate M*A*s*H.

Hannahrain
06-20-2007, 10:31 PM
i just discovered an alarming bump near my wrist...it looks like a pebble stuck under my skin....anyone had this before?

Malignant wrist cancer?

Not me.

Good Days Last
06-20-2007, 10:33 PM
WHY THE FUCK IS M*A*S*H STILL ON TV!!!!!!!!? Worst show ever. It was never funny. In 500 years it wont be funny. ARGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate M*A*s*H.

It's like JAG. It's always on when there is nothing else... and it sucks that same.

Stupid military drama/ comedies. Eff you.

denies the day
06-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Jcashmoneydollabillsyall,

you wrong, mang. MASH is one of the best sitcoms of all time.

PERIOD.

M (Delta-stylee)

captncrzy
06-21-2007, 07:02 AM
sweet lordy jesus someone should put them out of their misery.

I'm pretty sure a big massive heart attack is going to take care of all of them pretty soon.

miscorrections
06-21-2007, 05:02 PM
someone in an apartment in my immediate vicinity is playing crappy acoustic guitar.

also i need to do my laundry.

captncrzy
06-21-2007, 06:03 PM
That episode of The Office is on-the one with the bat. I love this one.

marooko
06-21-2007, 06:10 PM
the gem shopping network is dope.

Hannahrain
06-21-2007, 06:23 PM
someone in an apartment in my immediate vicinity is playing crappy acoustic guitar.

You can hear me all the way from La Jolla?

crazzz2007
06-21-2007, 06:24 PM
i love this thread. it's a ...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/bobperkell/Barrel.jpg

miscorrections
06-21-2007, 06:36 PM
You can hear me all the way from La Jolla?

i would never call my lesbian soulmate's playing crappy.

Hannahrain
06-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh, it is. And I am playing songs that I have absolutely no business playing. And singing too. I feel bad for music in general.

miscorrections
06-21-2007, 06:41 PM
i wish you would document this.

Hannahrain
06-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Hahahah. I have voicechat if it's that important to you, but your ears would never forgive you.

miscorrections
06-21-2007, 06:47 PM
you know what you should do? write a folk song about adopting caitlin's now ex-boyfriend's baby.

Hannahrain
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Consider it a work in progress.

The forum needs a theme song. Maybe I'll record one.

Hannahrain
06-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Also, today someone came in to my work wanting to look at quartz. They asked something along the lines of "What kind of schwartz do you have?"

It took every ounce of self-control I had not to make Spaceballs jokes.

Jenniehoo
06-21-2007, 07:35 PM
HAhahahahaha. That's awesome.

You want to know my favorite joke from that movie? This one:

http://kapgar.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/spaceballs_combing.jpg

So gay. Spaceballs is awesome.

Hannahrain
06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Yessssss. Best giant comb related joke ever.

Hannahrain
06-21-2007, 07:41 PM
ONLY giant comb related joke ever?

TomAz
06-21-2007, 07:55 PM

It's common. it's probably nothing. it will go away in a few months.

Jcashmoneydollabillsyall,

you wrong, mang. MASH is one of the best sitcoms of all time.

PERIOD.

M (Delta-stylee)

This is a true fact.

i would never call my lesbian soulmate's playing crappy.

Hannah is everyone's soulmate. I wonder if the buddhists can explain this phenomenon.

Hahahah. I have voicechat if it's that important to you, but your ears would never forgive you.

video. youtube. don't bet on the raiders.

J~$$$
06-21-2007, 09:05 PM
This is a true fact.

You are also like 700 years old. Seriously its not funny its sexist, with a dash of racism. THERE IS NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT WAR ESPECIALLY THE KOREAN WAR BORRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGG. WHATEVA.

miscorrections
06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Hannah is everyone's soulmate. I wonder if the buddhists can explain this phenomenon.

but not everyone's lesbian soulmate. there is a fine and subtle distinction to be made.

Hannahrain
06-21-2007, 09:11 PM

I am the most spiritually promiscuous person on this forum.

miscorrections
06-21-2007, 09:32 PM
laughing in spanish is more fun than laughing in english because you get to say jajajajajajaja.

Hannahrain
06-22-2007, 10:06 PM
I just fell asleep for a little while and woke back up. Somehow a bobbin of thread got into my bed. When I woke up I was in a cocoon web thing in the ugliest shade of green I have ever seen.

miscorrections
06-22-2007, 10:08 PM
i hate when you buy those mini-mending kits and they include a bunch of hideous colors of threads that match no existing article of clothing on earth.

captncrzy
06-23-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm gonna have some Frosted Flakes for breakfast.

Hannahrain
06-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Eugene is peppered with these signs. Do any of the rest of you have these? I dont know whose bright idea these were.

http://www.therapyfailed.com/Speed_hump.jpg

ewiggy
06-23-2007, 07:53 PM
in florida, it's a b and not an h.

miscorrections
06-23-2007, 08:31 PM
toast and scrambled eggs taste so much better at night than in the morning.

marooko
06-24-2007, 06:03 PM
i want to steal one of the signs that just say "BUMP". i wanna put it on the wall behind my turntables. SIIIIIICK.

anyway, my original reason for coming to this thread was to ask whats the deal with the alias stuff? how many people have them and why? answers would be appreciated and i will thank you in advance.

thank you.

menikmati
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
This is just a test:

3yxuhywNJm2BXeoNp

TomAz
06-25-2007, 12:59 PM
i want to steal one of the signs that just say "BUMP". i wanna put it on the wall behind my turntables. SIIIIIICK.

anyway, my original reason for coming to this thread was to ask whats the deal with the alias stuff? how many people have them and why? answers would be appreciated and i will thank you in advance.

thank you.

http://www.uen.org/utahlink/tours/admin/tour/14344/14344Children.jpg

Hannahrain
06-25-2007, 01:46 PM
This is just a test:

3yxuhywNJm2BXeoNp

YESSS. Here's an episode of The Simpsons to celebrate.

3O9OF43IdcA0Ye9s9

downingthief
06-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Hannah...thank you, thank you, thank you...

amyzzz
06-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Lime Starburst is back. That is all.

http://www.sweetstall.com/acatalog/Starburst.jpg

marooko
06-25-2007, 02:08 PM
http://www.uen.org/utahlink/tours/admin/tour/14344/14344Children.jpg

is that the sign in front of your house tom?

kreutz2112
06-25-2007, 02:27 PM

before tom answers I want to know your reason for thinking that?

crazzz2007
06-25-2007, 02:45 PM

i think you're the worst poster on this board.

not only do you have nothing to say, but you're not even funny.

TomAz
06-25-2007, 02:51 PM

you can do better.

kimery08
06-25-2007, 03:13 PM
he tries. bless his little heart, he tries.

theburiedlife
06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
EDIT: I am quite dull, i can't believe i missed that.

Hannahrain
06-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Nevermind. That's not what I meant at all.

amyzzz
06-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Perhaps she was referring to the sexual nature of the word "humps," or even the use of "humps" in that stupid black-eyed peas song.

captncrzy
06-25-2007, 05:05 PM
you can do better.

No...I think that's about it.

canexplain
06-25-2007, 06:46 PM
i was watching tv and there is this commercial about some dude that opens his car door and looks at these flowers he is going to give his girl, and a car goes by and takes off his door ... here i am .. 19 in the AF and it is mardi gras .. me and two friends are in a 54 green ford called the lizard .... we went down to the big party ..... well it is actually one of the festival days and i am driving down one of the busiest streets in new orleans .... cops are on all the corners because a prarade is about to start .. well i was tripping big time and we were stopped at a red light ... i looked over at my friends and said there was no way i could drive anymore .. so i opened up the car door ... well it happened to me, but it didnt rip off the door, just bent it flush with the hood ... lol ... so they hauled me off to jail ... i sent a western union to my parents for bail ... i posted bail and was out in about 4 hours ... that was the only thing that happened .... day in a life, but when i saw that commercial , i thought about that day back then during mardi gras .. cr****

Alchemy
06-25-2007, 07:14 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/stealing_my_bag.jpg

marooko
06-25-2007, 08:28 PM
i think you're the worst poster on this board.

not only do you have nothing to say, but you're not even funny.

im not a comedian. so wether you think its funny or not is none of my concern. what matters to me is if i laugh. if i was on stage and you told me that, i would take it into consideration but since im not. touch me here...
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/2835/selfextl0.gif

you can do better.

tom, i updated the sign for you.
http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/5881/cc14344childrenle0.png

edit: if i had the time i would have added spurs...haha

J~$$$
06-25-2007, 08:45 PM
You fail so hard.

kreutz2112
06-25-2007, 08:45 PM
yeah, harder than before.

Alchemy
06-25-2007, 09:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/timamichel/bushfail.png

marooko
06-26-2007, 06:44 AM
You fail so hard.

you cant fail if you dont try.

amyzzz
06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I think I just OD'ed on Starburst. I'm lovin the "retro" flavors, especially Optimus Lime.

canexplain
06-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Ok now PF, I wouldn’t expect you to change your ways, but after I gave that Tennessee paper, promoting bonnaroo and Tennessee, glowing reviews of Coachella, saying it might just be the premier fest in the US … next year when we all get going again on the board, don’t give me that hippie bs that you give me ….next year my goal might be to make the front page of a LA paper … although, we did get a nice writeup in the Orange County Journal (?) the last time we were at coachella …. Just a thought from Colorado … cr****

TomAz
06-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I think I've decided to go to ACL after all. at least I've made my travel plans, I have to be in Austin the following week anyway. Now I just gotta find me some tickets.

captncrzy
06-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm watching Shaq's Big Challenge. I'm feeling pretty sorry for these kids; and pretty angry at their parents for letting them get to that point-one of these kids is 14 and weighs 280 lbs.

amyzzz
06-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm watching Shaq's Big Challenge. I'm feeling pretty sorry for these kids; and pretty angry at their parents for letting them get to that point-one of these kids is 14 and weighs 280 lbs.
I watched part of that. The 280 lb kid had teeny parents. I guess everyone looks teeny compared to Shaq though. I'm glad I didn't let my kid have ice cream "for dessert" yesterday.

captncrzy
06-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Haha...my kid eats dessert sometimes; she really only likes ice cream-not cake or pie or anything. And when we get pizza, she soaks off the extra grease with napkins.

I'm not too worried about her..but those kids were a mess.

amyzzz
06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
My 5 yr old is slightly plump, so I'm a little anxious. I think that's just her body type, but I don't want her weight to get out of control while she's young.

thefunkylama
06-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Nah, let her get fat, it'll be fine. They're cuter that way, anyhow.

amyzzz
06-27-2007, 11:00 AM
She's really cute now. I just worry about later. My kids aren't allowed to drink soda (except on rare occasions when I let them have Sprite), but I do let them have candy sometimes because we're candy freaks. :/

thefunkylama
06-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Then I suggest you try fruit. Specifically, awesome fruit. Specifically, The Peacotum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacotum). The ultimate drupe.

I bet it's like a Chuck Norris to the mouth.

TomAz
06-27-2007, 12:02 PM
My 5 yr old is slightly plump, so I'm a little anxious. I think that's just her body type, but I don't want her weight to get out of control while she's young.

You also don't want her to get the sense that her self worth is tied into her appearance. that'll fuck a kid up more than a few pounds.

but yeah. fruit. and activity, not TV and computers.

captncrzy
06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
It doesn't sound like she's eating too badly-soda is a big problem for these kids (it looks like) and it doesn't sound like she drinks it all the time. I definately wouldn't deprive her of treats-my parents rarely let us have that stuff-and I overdid it when I got older. Waaay overdid it.

I wouldn't be too worried-especially if their doctor isn't.

miscorrections
06-27-2007, 12:33 PM
this has nothing to do with fat kids but i was cooking this morning and lab goggles work REALLY REALLY WELL to prevent crying when cutting onions.

amyzzz
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
That makes for an interesting mental picture.

miscorrections
06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
i'm guessing i looked utterly sexy so luckily no one was around to see.

next time i'll wear my lab coat too and pretend i am making science.

captncrzy
06-27-2007, 02:16 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20070626/ltmqui070627.gif

Courtney
06-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I kind of hate whoever told me about the "Who's Online" feature of this board. And why are all the guests always looking at threads that are three months old about carpooling from Ontario airport or buying tickets at the Glasshouse or something?

amyzzz
06-28-2007, 12:24 PM
I kind of hate whoever told me about the "Who's Online" feature of this board. And why are all the guests always looking at threads that are three months old about carpooling from Ontario airport or buying tickets at the Glasshouse or something?
boredom.

ewiggy
06-28-2007, 07:55 PM
i started applying for jobs today in CA and it simultaneously excited me and scared the crap out of me.

Hannahrain
06-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I've got a grudge against the capabilities of the human anatomy. I'm finding myself really irritated by the fact that my eyes can't just suck in everything that I see and then project it with the soundtrack of my choosing.

TomAz
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
I got this from Apple the other day:

With iTunes Plus, you can get our highest-quality audio with no restrictions for personal use. iTunes Plus songs are available at $1.29 per song, music videos are still $1.99, and albums are generally available at the same price as DRM-protected versions of the albums.

And best of all, you can upgrade all the eligible music you've previously purchased from iTunes to iTunes Plus for just $.30 per song, $.60 per music video, and 30% of an album price. New additions to iTunes Plus music are added to iTunes all the time, so check back often to find new music available for upgrading.

I don't think it's worth it. For the amount of sharing I do (which is basically mixes on here) the DRM isn't that hard to get around. Just convert to mp3.

mountmccabe
07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Just convert to mp3.

Which further reduces sound quality.

That's cool that they're letting people upgrade stuff they've already bought.

Also, JFTR, any non-DRM files you buy from iTunes will come stamped with your name so if your purpose is sharing this isn't the answer.

Now I'm gonna go find my reference for that information.

The Unofficial Apple Weblog: Don't Torrent That Song (http://www.tuaw.com/2007/05/30/tuaw-tip-dont-torrent-that-song/)

via my friend's lj (http://tongodeon.livejournal.com/629390.html)

marooko
07-03-2007, 06:14 PM
yeah, just wanted to say my girl is an awesome fucking cook. i love it. i think shes gonna eventually make me fat.

Jenniehoo
07-03-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm pretty much being Ken right now on the board.

Also, I like to drink and go on ytmnd.com when I'm bored. I like it more than youtube. People manage to be funnier on a regular basis. I'm going to post my faves here as I find them.

Jenniehoo
07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
http://bothhands.ytmnd.com/

Wow.

http://sagettherapy.ytmnd.com/

You're crazy in the coconut.

http://captainonakeyboardinspace.ytmnd.com/

Am I stoned? Why is this funny?

http://shockingcats.ytmnd.com/

Aaaahahahahahaha

http://fruitsaladlol.ytmnd.com/

J~$$$
07-04-2007, 08:38 AM
http://rubbroll.ytmnd.com/

Courtney
07-05-2007, 07:13 AM
I am not going to be posting as much anymore because I just started new stuff that's going to keep me busy and away from the computer. This is a bummer.

TomAz
07-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Which further reduces sound quality.

yes though if you set the bitrate high enough it's barely noticeable in most listening environments.

J~$$$
07-05-2007, 12:48 PM
They are in it to win it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6272168.stm

miscorrections
07-05-2007, 12:54 PM
i was watching captain planet last night and that show was truly ahead of its time.

J~$$$
07-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Could you elaborate on that?.....im not sure I know what you mean.

miscorrections
07-05-2007, 12:58 PM
the planeteers were kicking up a fuss about global warming long before the current concern.

thinnerair
07-05-2007, 12:58 PM
balls

J~$$$
07-05-2007, 01:07 PM
wow we all could learn lot from Cptn planet.....hmmmmmmZ5cQrzskqW0

Yablonowitz
07-05-2007, 01:19 PM
I am not going to be posting as much anymore because I just started new stuff that's going to keep me busy and away from the computer. This is a bummer.

No, it's a good thing. For you. Bad for us. Good for you. This board will eat your soul. You might not have felt it yet, but eventually, it will.

Take tom, for instance. Just a shell now. Poor guy. I completely lost mine on the old board and I'm still not done.

amyzzz
07-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Ah, that explains that shooting pain in my chest.

TomAz
07-05-2007, 01:28 PM

stuff? what kind of stuff?

J~$$$
07-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Fresh air, the outdoors, sunshine. That would be my guess.

Courtney
07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
stuff? what kind of stuff?

I quit my job and am now doing graduate student stuff full time.

kreutz2112
07-05-2007, 02:08 PM
yay for grad students!

Edit: I am posting more now that I dont have a job and am doing grad student stuff.

Yablonowitz
07-05-2007, 02:09 PM

OH, so some professor is going to work you to death on their research project and then take all the credit. And you get no money. Something like that?

RotationSlimWang
07-05-2007, 02:10 PM

So you're now a professional bullshit artist?

This post makes me long for someone that would get the History of the World Part 1 quotes that apply.

TomAz
07-05-2007, 02:10 PM

that's supposed to mean you have more time, not less. Student = slacking, employed = not slacking. in theory.

Courtney
07-05-2007, 02:11 PM
OH, so some professor is going to work you to death on their research project and then take all the credit. And you get no money. Something like that?

Haha.

Luckily I don't have to TA or RA. But I do have a fellowship and have to occasionally present my work to people. So I need to stop being on this board so I actually develop material to present so I don't completely embarrass myself. Something like that.

Yablonowitz
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
that's supposed to mean you have more time, not less. Student = slacking, employed = not slacking. in theory.

Not in grad school. That's called indentured servitude.

canexplain
07-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Haha.

Luckily I don't have to TA or RA. But I do have a fellowship and have to occasionally present my work to people. So I need to stop being on this board so I actually develop material to present so I don't completely embarrass myself. Something like that.

thats funny ... i am so glad i am almost done working forever lalalalalal ... cr****

Courtney
07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Are you retiring, Ron? When?

TomAz
07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Haha.

do it all the night before it's due. come on.

Not in grad school. That's called indentured servitude.

yeah, if it's a research degree.

Courtney
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
do it all the night before it's due. come on.

Tom = best influence ever.

If I'm gonna write a 200-page dissertation the night before it's due, I'm gonna need some serious superpowers. Please send them my way quickly. Okthx.

TomAz
07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
I think Randy can get you some of that.

TomAz
07-05-2007, 02:26 PM
5000 posts. fuck. that's half a yablo!

RotationSlimWang
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
If Kerouac could write On The Road in something like a week with some bennys I'm sure I can set Court up to invent 200 pages on brush strokes and berets in the same time. She'll have to mail the money first though, I don't trust her.

crazzz2007
07-05-2007, 02:31 PM
wow, you're leaving amyzzz in the dust.

kreutz2112
07-05-2007, 02:51 PM

This is pretty much true for me.

ewiggy
07-05-2007, 06:11 PM

this is stupid.

5000 posts. fuck. that's half a yablo!

this is funny.

also - from the Okkervil River message board:

Just to let everyone know, you will be able to pre-order The Stage Names from Jagjaguwar early next week. There are 700 copies of the CD containing the super special demo CD and those who pre-order from Jag will be 1st in line for them.

thefunkylama
07-06-2007, 10:13 AM
i found rue and a pink dolphin (http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/pinkdolphin.asp)

tessalasset
07-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Where's Ken when you need him. (http://www.myspace.com/kroqgurl)

full on idle
07-06-2007, 10:27 AM
How do you guys FIND these things?

sonofhal
07-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Kroqgurl looks identical in all her photos. It's kinda scary.

ewiggy
07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
it looks like she took all of her photos on the same day, over the course of like an hour. she just kept going and changing her clothes.

today i am putting in my notice at work. i am excited.

thinnerair
07-06-2007, 11:24 AM
she must hang out in the same parking lot every day or something.

marooko
07-06-2007, 11:26 AM
yeah, thats just weird

fuck i just got lime juice on my laptop.

tom, im sad you changed your sig.

tessalasset
07-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Thats what weirded me out too. I love you guys. I was scrolling through El Rey's friends and found her.

canexplain
07-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Ok, so I know I will get all kinds of silly comments here on this question, but I am really (sort of) serious …. Are there any math or economic major’s out there that might have an answer to this question … with inflation being what it is, or what it has been , if I had a DESPOSABLE income of say 50k a year for the rest of my life (according to the actualities (sp even spell check couldn’t save that spelling lol) grrr that will only be 15 years, do you think in 15 years , that will be enough to not be in the poor house … I know it is a loaded question, but all you academia types, that are suppose to know the answer, looking at past trends, what do you say ….. plus I am still shooting for 1k post damn it .. cr****

captncrzy
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Ok, so I know I will get all kinds of silly comments here on this question, but I am really (sort of) serious …. Are there any math or economic major’s out there that might have an answer to this question … with inflation being what it is, or what it has been , if I had a DESPOSABLE income of say 50k a year for the rest of my life (according to the actualities (sp even spell check couldn’t save that spelling lol) grrr that will only be 15 years, do you think in 15 years , that will be enough to not be in the poor house … I know it is a loaded question, but all you academia types, that are suppose to know the answer, looking at past trends, what do you say ….. plus I am still shooting for 1k post damn it .. cr****

Google "retirement calculator"; tell it when you want to retire and what kind of lifestyle you want to have; it'll tell you how much you need to set aside each month.

canexplain
07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Google "retirement calculator"; tell it when you want to retire and what kind of lifestyle you want to have; it'll tell you how much you need to set aside each month.

well i tried that and a couple of others just now ... i guess i will have to spend a little time with it .. they all are kind of backwards from what i am asking ... they say, if you want to retire with this amount of money, then plug in the calc and see how much you need to save each year ... i am retireing at the latest in 3 years, and i have an amount of about 50k coming in each year that i can spend for sure .... so my money is already there, i was just thinking what will 50k a year buy me in 20 years ..if i work longer, i would get more, but i dont want to work my whole life, then die, and leave all of my money to my kids ... i love em, but hey, i want to enjoy life too ... cr****

thefunkylama
07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
So I decided to be weird and see how much my dad would have to save annually in order to retire at 65, live to 85, and leave my sister and I with an inheritance. At this rate, even if he saves 25% of everything he makes for the next decade and a half, we'll end up splitting his debt.

However, if he works til his 70's and saves 20% or more, his inheritance will never run out. In fact, he'll make money. Scrood.

captncrzy
07-06-2007, 02:37 PM
well i tried that and a couple of others just now ... i guess i will have to spend a little time with it .. they all are kind of backwards from what i am asking ... they say, if you want to retire with this amount of money, then plug in the calc and see how much you need to save each year ... i am retireing at the latest in 3 years, and i have an amount of about 50k coming in each year that i can spend for sure .... so my money is already there, i was just thinking what will 50k a year buy me in 20 years ..if i work longer, i would get more, but i dont want to work my whole life, then die, and leave all of my money to my kids ... i love em, but hey, i want to enjoy life too ... cr****

Did you try googling "inflation calculator"?

canexplain
07-06-2007, 02:55 PM
So I decided to be weird and see how much my dad would have to save annually in order to retire at 65, live to 85, and leave my sister and I with an inheritance. At this rate, even if he saves 25% of everything he makes for the next decade and a half, we'll end up splitting his debt.

However, if he works til his 70's and saves 20% or more, his inheritance will never run out. In fact, he'll make money. Scrood.

just wondering, do you expect your dad to leave you money, or should i say, do you think your dad is obligated to leave you something or is that something that is changing with the times too ... sort of like the reverse mortgage ... i bet a lot of kids hate that plan to death ... cr****

thefunkylama
07-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, every now and again my dad will call me all drunk and start discussing finances and how he'll have to work until he dies and so forth. He also always talks about opening a 401k of some kind and saving up something, but I wanted to see what the figures were like for him. I worry.

I don't think he owes me an inheritance, if that's what you mean. Mostly I don't expect to be left with a lot, but it would be nice to be left with enough to cover funeral expenses and maybe a keychain.

canexplain
07-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, every now and again my dad will call me all drunk and start discussing finances and how he'll have to work until he dies and so forth. He also always talks about opening a 401k of some kind and saving up something, but I wanted to see what the figures were like for him. I worry.

I don't think he owes me an inheritance, if that's what you mean. Mostly I don't expect to be left with a lot, but it would be nice to be left with enough to cover funeral expenses and maybe a keychain.

i agree with you ..... i dont feel i "have to leave" my kids anything .... but that also includes, i should not leave them any debt at all of mine .... it would be nice to leave them like 10 20k, but if they are planning on a new house, hummm, it might be a mighty small one lol ... cr****

amyzzz
07-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I dont think you can leave debt for your children.

edited: other than funeral costs, of course.

RotationSlimWang
07-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Absolutely incorrect.

captncrzy
07-06-2007, 08:02 PM
It depends on the creditor and state laws, but they can try to take money for debts owed out of the estate.

thefunkylama
07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
You can leave debt for your kids. When I worked doing medical billing, we had to deal with survivors all the time who were trying to get a handle on all the medical bills left behind, on top of whatever was left over of mortgages, car payments, and any other liens their relatives incurred before buying the farm.

menikmati
07-06-2007, 08:11 PM
my dad has 10 acres up in Halfway, Oregon. That's pretty much all I'm gonna get.

bmack86
07-06-2007, 08:15 PM
My parents were crazy about saving for their retirement; my dad has tons saved away and my mom will be working into her 60s to make sure she's secure. Plus, they moved to an area that became really financially well-to-do, so their house is worth a small fortune. They won't die any time soon (at least I hope not; my parents rule) but they've got quite a bit of money to sit on.

TomAz
07-06-2007, 09:44 PM

yeah I think I get your question. You're saying you have a defined benefit pension plan that would pay you $50K per year (fixed, no indexing to inflation) if you retired now. You are wondering, $50K seems ok now, but in 15 years (or more) will this be small potatoes?

that's a hard question to answer because you have to assume an annual inflation rate. Try this:

at 1%/yr, $50,000 today would be worth about $43K in 15 years

at 3%, $32K

at 5%, which would be rather high by today's standards, $24K

and if you remember the late 70s, which you may or may not, if we had 14% inflation a year for 15 years, your $50K today would be worth $7000 in 2022.

does that help?

menikmati
07-06-2007, 09:49 PM
the fuckin 70's

TomAz
07-06-2007, 09:50 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/18/commentary/wastler/wastler/win_button.jpg

canexplain
07-07-2007, 06:28 AM
yeah I think I get your question. You're saying you have a defined benefit pension plan that would pay you $50K per year (fixed, no indexing to inflation) if you retired now. You are wondering, $50K seems ok now, but in 15 years (or more) will this be small potatoes?

that's a hard question to answer because you have to assume an annual inflation rate. Try this:

at 1%/yr, $50,000 today would be worth about $43K in 15 years

at 3%, $32K

at 5%, which would be rather high by today's standards, $24K

and if you remember the late 70s, which you may or may not, if we had 14% inflation a year for 15 years, your $50K today would be worth $7000 in 2022.

does that help?

tnx tom... ya, that is what i was trying to say ...it is a crap shoot for sure ... tnx again ..cr***

captncrzy
07-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Of course, you can live on less than that $50k a year right now and start investing some of that money; compound interest will make that $50k stretch in the future, even with inflation.

And my parents are spending my inheritance like wildfire. They brag about it.

TomAz
07-07-2007, 10:31 AM
there's a sign in a travel agency in my building that says "Go First Class -- you know your heirs will"

which is kinda creepy on several levels.

marooko
07-07-2007, 10:56 AM
And my parents are spending my inheritance like wildfire. They brag about it.

haha.

miscorrections
07-08-2007, 01:00 PM
i have a rather giant bruise on my right inner fore-arm that looks something like south america.

captncrzy
07-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I am hung over.

disgustipated
07-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Musical condoms.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2019582.html?menu=news.quirkies.sexlife

TomAz
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
You can leave debt for your kids. When I worked doing medical billing, we had to deal with survivors all the time who were trying to get a handle on all the medical bills left behind, on top of whatever was left over of mortgages, car payments, and any other liens their relatives incurred before buying the farm.

The net value of an estate is what is 'inheritable'. Net value = assets minus any debts, mortgages, etc. If debts exceed asset value then the debts do not get inherited.

In the case of medical bills, Medicare or other insurance would be primary payer. In the case of parents dying, hospitals can't legally go after descendents for payment of whatever insurance doesn't pay -- they can go to the estate, but not the descendents themselves, unless the descendent has offered a guarantee to pay the bills (like a co-signer) which may often happen.

If it's children or a spouse that dies, then the family is responsible to pay the bills, yes.

amyzzz
07-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Thank you Tom

thinnerair
07-10-2007, 10:50 AM
i found out today that my oldest sister is pregnant. Im gonna be an uncle.
However, my other sister got into a nasty car accident last night.
hmph.

canexplain
07-10-2007, 12:10 PM
This is kind of a funny story concerning “buttons to push” …. My gf, I and a friend were in San Diego and we decided we would go over to TJ. So we took the bus to the boarder and were going to walk across …. Here we go, three gringos off to Mexico … we were already sort of trashed even before we got there, so we are on the Mexican side … as we are walking thru the entrance, there is this big stoplight (like the ones on streets) … and a BIG BUTTON …. So I decided I would see what the button was for … I pushed it, opps …. It was like the emergency button that the boarder patrol use for emergencies at the boarder …. Bells and whistles go off and these giant gates close where the cars are coming in and out … I shut down the boarder both directions lol … the cop station was right next to us so we hustled down the street with them yelling at us to come back …. I guess they really didn’t care or just got tired because they didn’t chase us far …. Fun times … moral of the story: don’t push buttons you have no clue what they might do ….. lol … cr**** you So Cal people should try that hehehhe ....

thinnerair
07-11-2007, 01:41 PM
The history of Mah nah Mah nah (http://chompchomp.us/2007/07/08/the-glorious-internet-mah-na-mah-na/)

RotationSlimWang
07-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Might all this talk of estate law be quite variable from state to state?

TomAz
07-11-2007, 01:56 PM
no cuz (I think) it's governed mostly by the tax code.

RotationSlimWang
07-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Hmm... Isn't someone on here a lawyer? LAWYER, REPORT TO DEFAULT THREAD! Where's my fucking father when I need the dead cocksucker.

marooko
07-11-2007, 02:03 PM
i found out today that my oldest sister is pregnant. Im gonna be an uncle.
However, my other sister got into a nasty car accident last night.
hmph.

you win some, you lose some.

my sis got diagnosed wioth cancer a little over a month ago (2 opions), gets an operation, then no sign of any cancer at all.

a week later i find 3 lumps in my sac. find out in 3 weeks what it is. fun stuff eh.

This is kind of a funny story concerning “buttons to push” …. My gf, I and a friend were in San Diego and we decided we would go over to TJ. So we took the bus to the boarder and were going to walk across …. Here we go, three gringos off to Mexico … we were already sort of trashed even before we got there, so we are on the Mexican side … as we are walking thru the entrance, there is this big stoplight (like the ones on streets) … and a BIG BUTTON …. So I decided I would see what the button was for … I pushed it, opps …. It was like the emergency button that the boarder patrol use for emergencies at the boarder …. Bells and whistles go off and these giant gates close where the cars are coming in and out … I shut down the boarder both directions lol … the cop station was right next to us so we hustled down the street with them yelling at us to come back …. I guess they really didn’t care or just got tired because they didn’t chase us far …. Fun times … moral of the story: don’t push buttons you have no clue what they might do ….. lol … cr**** you So Cal people should try that hehehhe ....

that sounds like it was waaaaaay fun. makes me wanna go to TJ and check this button out.

RotationSlimWang
07-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Okay, short answer is that you can get fucked into inheriting debt from your parents if you make the mistake of doing anything that the creditors can construe as assuming partial responsibility of their finances. For example, if a child pays one of said parent's bills (medical, credit card, utility, mortgage, whatever) with their checking account, the creditor is then given a window to go after the child to settle that debt assuming that the estate cannot pay it off.

captncrzy
07-11-2007, 06:53 PM
As far as credit card companies go, it doesn't seem that many will come after you if your parent dies. When I used to do counseling, I called credit card comanies all the time concerning this; their usual answer was: ok, fax us a copy of the death certificate and we'll write it off.

Hannahrain
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I just accidentally bit a needle in half. For some reason I find this astonishing.

ewiggy
07-11-2007, 10:22 PM
a week later i find 3 lumps in my sac. find out in 3 weeks what it is. fun stuff eh.

hope you're alright, marooko.

miscorrections
07-13-2007, 07:43 PM
my parents just bought me a freaking 8 gb iphone. I CAN'T STOP SHRIEKING WITH EXCITEMENT!

amyzzz
07-13-2007, 07:45 PM
spoiled.

amyzzz
07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I mean, cool!

miscorrections
07-13-2007, 07:50 PM
hey, i didn't ask for it. and i was appalled that my dad spent that much money but i'm not complaining!

garrett222
07-13-2007, 07:54 PM
i was spoiled as a kid too. they bought me reebok pumps when no one else had them.

miscorrections
07-13-2007, 08:00 PM
my parents have never spoiled me, per se, but they've always been pretty generous and once in a while they make big gestures like this.

Hannahrain
07-14-2007, 07:23 AM
My mom couldn't afford to spoil me for the most part. She was a jewelry designer, though, so I was the most bejeweled poor kid around.

captncrzy
07-14-2007, 07:41 AM
When I was a kid, all my clothes and shoes came from Kmart. I remember liking to go there so I could get a blue Icee.

They didn't start making a lot of money until I got older and moved out. Ah well.

amyzzz
07-14-2007, 08:56 AM
my parents have never spoiled me, per se, but they've always been pretty generous and once in a while they make big gestures like this.
I was just teasing. That is really cool.

thefunkylama
07-14-2007, 09:12 AM
I love it when Google translates a page for you. Example:

It sees the Making-Of of the video “Déjate Caer”
Low Head of cattle (http://www.cafetacuba.com.mx/blog/wp-content/dejatecaer100Kbps.mov)
Med Head of cattle (http://www.cafetacuba.com.mx/blog/wp-content/dejatecaer300Kbps.mov)

Consequently, I think my c+p magically made the links working ones.

garrett222
07-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I miss my reebok pumps.

bballarl
07-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Now Corinna can post from her iPhone, while listening to music, and possibly talking to a friend on the phone afterwards. iPhone.

thefunkylama
07-14-2007, 09:59 AM
"OMG HAI GUYS I HAVN'T HAD TO LEEV MY HOUSE IN TWO WEEKS I LUV MY iPHONE:))))))"

bballarl
07-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Who said that?

thefunkylama
07-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Miscorrections, of course.

bballarl
07-14-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't think she could have said that because she was probably too busy utilizing the iPhone's internet browsing, mp3 (or m4a) listening and phone talking capabilities. She may even text with it.

miscorrections
07-14-2007, 11:19 AM
i don't have it yet. i'm going home on wednesday after class to get it and set it up.

although i am slightly concerned that having an iphone will make it so i never have to interact with a real human ever again.

thefunkylama
07-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Did I forget to specify that it was a message from The Future?

miscorrections
07-14-2007, 11:25 AM
oh, that's right, i'll be sure to use the built-in time machine.

thefunkylama
07-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Uh-huh. Don't forget the hands-free typing device.

PassiveTheory
07-14-2007, 11:29 AM
And the cappuccino maker

miscorrections
07-14-2007, 11:32 AM
did you know it can also read minds and display what it sees onscreen?

thefunkylama
07-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Passive, don't be ridiculous. It only brews the espresso, you have to steam the milk yourself.

miscorrections
07-14-2007, 11:37 AM
i think by the third generation they'll have that issue sorted out.

thefunkylama
07-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I think I heard they're having issues keeping the milk cool while everything else is running.

miscorrections
07-14-2007, 11:43 AM
i'm sure they'll figure out a way to keep milk from spoiling at higher temperatures. i have faith in steve "science" jobs.

bballarl
07-14-2007, 02:44 PM
That is low on the priorities list. I heard the next generation iPhone will only be available in Dubai and be encrusted with diamonds and naked women. It will also be able to supervise the construction of the world's tallest building.

garrett222
07-14-2007, 05:36 PM
I want the next iphone to mimic my voice and talk to all my friends for me. I want it to be so cool and smooth on the phone that it can call natalie portman and convince her to be my girlfriend.

garrett222
07-14-2007, 05:36 PM
oh yeah the iphone elite will come pre-loaded and constantly updated with actual celebrity phone numbers.

miscorrections
07-14-2007, 05:39 PM
andrew, if the hookerz 'n diamondz iphone is available only in dubai then i just might be able to get it.