PDA

View Full Version : The Default Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94

CalmerThanYou
12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
So, I play Airsoft.

Airsoft is kind of like paintpall, except with guns that are lifelike replicas with exactly the same dimensions and external configurations as their real life counterparts. It's just recently been legalised in this country, and it's not all that well known, but unlike in either Britain or the US, we aren't required to put any two-tone markings or blaze orange tips - they look exactly like they're supposed to.

Today, I treated myself to an AK47 I've been hankering after for ages. It was only after the previous owner went on his way that I realised how monumentally stupid I'd just been - I was now standing in the middle of the street holding a Kalashnikov wrapped in a flimsy half-torn binbag, on literally the opposite end of the city to home.

Naturally, I had no cab fare, and I didn't want to risk bringing it onto a bus, so I had to walk nearly three urban miles with an assault rifle. Because fate shits abundantly on my head, every Garda in the fucking city was on patrol on every street I walked down, and people I haven't seen in years kept jumping out of nowhere just when I thought I was clear of everybody.

It was a weird, weird evening.

Kind of thrilling though, like a real-life GTA.

My little brothers play casually, but i could never figure out how you played if you never "knew" you hit someone, like the obvious paint in paintball.

honor system?

this is a real question.

thanks.

MissingPerson
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Honor system, yeah. There's usually marshalls keeping an eye on play as well.

But to be honest, usually, it hurts like a bitch, so the involuntary yelp gives you away.

CalmerThanYou
12-23-2008, 02:41 PM
yeah, ive been shot with one on bare skin = NOT FUN.

k, thnx

MissingPerson
12-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Flinging myself into a bus shelter everytime a cop went by trying to look like I wasn't holding something gun shaped was fun. I tried walking around with a phone to my ear trying to look casual, but to be honest, I think that might have just made me look like a Hitman.

CalmerThanYou
12-23-2008, 02:47 PM
youre lucky you werent shot.

seriously. how the fuck was a copper to know it wasnt real?

allyjoy
12-23-2008, 02:54 PM
all of this airsoft talk reminds me of a story with blink...

canexplain
12-23-2008, 02:55 PM
So, I play Airsoft.

Airsoft is kind of like paintpall, except with guns that are lifelike replicas with exactly the same dimensions and external configurations as their real life counterparts. It's just recently been legalised in this country, and it's not all that well known, but unlike in either Britain or the US, we aren't required to put any two-tone markings or blaze orange tips - they look exactly like they're supposed to.

Today, I treated myself to an AK47 I've been hankering after for ages. It was only after the previous owner went on his way that I realised how monumentally stupid I'd just been - I was now standing in the middle of the street holding a Kalashnikov wrapped in a flimsy half-torn binbag, on literally the opposite end of the city to home.

Naturally, I had no cab fare, and I didn't want to risk bringing it onto a bus, so I had to walk nearly three urban miles with an assault rifle. Because fate shits abundantly on my head, every Garda in the fucking city was on patrol on every street I walked down, and people I haven't seen in years kept jumping out of nowhere just when I thought I was clear of everybody.

It was a weird, weird evening.

Kind of thrilling though, like a real-life GTA.

so it was a soft gun ak47? my ex roomie had a real ak47 that i would only let him bring into the house on his way to the mountains ....it was that cool and scary thing at the same time ... btw, a year or so ago he went into the mnts and shot himself in the brain .... thats the way some gun owners are so i am usually really against guns .... cr****

allyjoy
12-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Ron, one day you and I will have a chat about timing :)

MissingPerson
12-23-2008, 02:58 PM
seriously. how the fuck was a copper to know it wasnt real?

No way. There's no way.

I mean, I took the mag out to try and make it a bit less AK shaped, but that just meant I was strolling around with an AK mag poking out of my pocket as well as having the actual thing in my hand.

I was trying to hold it in a non-gunny way, with limited success.

To be honest, I should probably be concerned that it was possible at all. I covered 4.5 city centre kilometres with an assault rifle in a binbag, with only the occasional double-take.

EDIT:

I'm pretty damn anti-guns myself. I own airsoft stuff just for the sport, I do not and will never own a real gun.

Mr. Dylanja
12-23-2008, 02:58 PM
all of this airsoft talk reminds me of a story with blink...

*sits "native american" style and scoots towards Ally in her rocking chair*

allyjoy
12-23-2008, 03:00 PM

you're so insensitive. there's an injun on the boards, now.

Mr. Dylanja
12-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Just tell the damn story!

allyjoy
12-23-2008, 03:02 PM
not in public

Mr. Dylanja
12-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Is it that good?

allyjoy
12-23-2008, 03:04 PM
not really :)

MissingPerson
12-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Damn, Shearwater is good.

A certain flavour of Radioheadish, to my ears.

canexplain
12-23-2008, 08:11 PM
this is for the girls .....cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/obama-1.jpg

and then after you see obama, check this out this slideshow lol .....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/23/other-shirtless-president_n_153097.html

MeowMixer
12-23-2008, 08:16 PM
hmmmmm...

amyzzz
12-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I think it's called "tailor style" or "criss cross applesauce" now. At least that's what my kids tell me.

MeowMixer
12-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Indian style was P.C. when I was in kindergarten.

Mr. Dylanja
12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
I think it's called "tailor style" or "criss cross applesauce" now. At least that's what my kids tell me.

I've never heard of either of those, thankz for the update!

MeowMixer
12-23-2008, 10:00 PM
How the hell do you get tailor style?

Courtney
12-23-2008, 10:16 PM
What's wrong with "cross-legged"?

Cpt. Funkaho
12-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Man, it's weird being one of only five logged-in users on the board right now (plus 49 guests, so 55 total). It's like a ghost town, which is made all the weirder by the knowledge that in about a month, there will be about 2,000 online at once.

locachica73
12-24-2008, 02:17 AM
I just did all my christmas shopping in about an hour and a half, while a bit drunk and REALLY high. I love superwalmart at 3 AM... ok besides all the freaky ass people that also know the secret.

Suffacated
12-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Wally world has some of the finest most special people all gathered under 1 roof.
It's almost better than the LA Zoo.

locachica73
12-24-2008, 02:33 AM
although after my experience I am pretty sure it is the employees on display... what a freakfest... but I am done shopping!!!!

Suffacated
12-24-2008, 02:34 AM
IT's SFCrissy's BDay.
You wanna post it?

Suffacated
12-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Sorry....to late.

locachica73
12-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I quietly passed out after my last post.

bmack86
12-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Damn, Shearwater is good.

A certain flavour of Radioheadish, to my ears.

Yes indeed. I'm glad you enjoy it.

What's wrong with "cross-legged"?

It offends the Christians.

mountmccabe
12-24-2008, 07:42 AM
I have played with airsoft guns whilst camping a couple times. A friend brought four guns. Which is still pretty limiting, for what you can do. And two on two battles don't end up so fair when one of the guns is a pistol and the others are rifles with different ranges.

One thing we did was a "protect/attack the president" thing. One person got the good, long-range airsoft and their goal was to hit the president. I was the president so I started out unarmed but I had two body guards. When the sniper hit one of them I got to take his gun. And then I used their "bodies" as human shields. Mainly because it got boring. And because that meant that they would get shot in the back a lot.

We also did some dueling; it wasn't quite as fun as dueling with paintball guns.

The best thing we did was late at night after we had been sitting around the fire for a while. I think everyone else had gone to bed. We went off away from everything to a clearing in the trees and all laid on the ground, heads together. We only took one gun and took turns shooting it on auto straight up into the air, trying to judge the wind and have the pellets fall back down on us. It was tough! Also it was really exciting, waiting and listening for them to fall, trying to figure out if they'd hit you. Also it stings.

Also I can assure you that there was no significant amount of alcohol consumed leading up to this. I might've been sipping from my flask which probably had Bourbon or Scotch but I was not even buzzed.

mountmccabe
12-24-2008, 07:43 AM
It offends the Christians.

Ahhaaha

bmack86
12-24-2008, 07:45 AM
I just saw an ad for Legends of Classic Soul with a bunch of live performances from 60s and 70s soul artists. One of them was Cuba Gooding Sr. Who knew?

marooko
12-24-2008, 07:50 AM
funny enough, it's the air mattress I took to Coach. It survived the desert but not my floor.

your floor is hardcore.

Suffacated
12-24-2008, 07:56 AM
I quietly passed out after my last post.

I think not.
You snore...

marooko
12-24-2008, 08:03 AM
i just poked quadro (you dont wanna know where) and there was no movement. im worried. its kinda starting to smell in there.

amyzzz
12-24-2008, 08:04 AM
I just did all my christmas shopping in about an hour and a half, while a bit drunk and REALLY high. I love superwalmart at 3 AM... ok besides all the freaky ass people that also know the secret.
My husband must have been shopping around the same time as you, Audra, because he's working the overnight shift this week, and he went to Wal-Mart on his break last night.

Suffacated
12-24-2008, 08:06 AM
The plot thickens.

locachica73
12-24-2008, 08:07 AM
I think not.
You snore...

No, I breath loudly! So There!!!

My husband must have been shopping around the same time as you, Audra, because he's working the overnight shift this week, and he went to Wal-Mart on his break last night.

It was probably the only way I was going to get anything done. I do still need to go to safeway and get some cheese for the cheese ball but they didn't have what I needed at Walmart.

Suffacated
12-24-2008, 08:13 AM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t223/askanneka/headcheese-1.jpg

amyzzz
12-24-2008, 08:18 AM
I thought we decided we wouldn't shop at Wal-Mart, Audra. What's wrong with us? :)

Suffacated
12-24-2008, 08:22 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff287/chill1950/Funny/shopping-wal-mart.jpg

locachica73
12-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Normally I wouldn't but I was up at the bar playing poker and one of my favorite waitresses was wanting to go up there to pick up one gift but didn't have a car. I told her I would take her so we finished our beer, went to her place and hung out till about 3 AM, drove to walmart and smoked a bowl, then went in and did stoned shopping. It worked out well. Other then the fact that there was some stalker type dude working in the electronics department who was creeping us both out. But we were so high that it just made us laugh.

amyzzz
12-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Shopping at 3am can't be beat. I remember when ALL the grocery stores were open 24 hours--my bf and I got condoms at 2am once at Smith's (which became Fry's eventually).

locachica73
12-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Exactly, and you can't beat getting all your Xmas shopping done on Christmas Eve in 30 minutes or less.

MissingPerson
12-24-2008, 03:27 PM
It's not really in my nature to wish ill on somebody, but if something really fucking gross and horribly painful were to happen the pope, I really don't think I'd be able to even feign sympathy.

Some sort of incurable eye fungus would do it. A generously abundant amount of pus, if possible.

Fuck that guy. Please, it might help him get over being such a hateful joyless asshole.

ivankay
12-24-2008, 03:30 PM
It's not really in my nature to wish ill on somebody, but if something really fucking gross and horribly painful were to happen the pope, I'd find it really fucking hard to even feign sympathy.

Some sort of incurable eye fungus would do it.

With a generously abundant amount of pus, if possible.

I really do hate that man.

What'd he go and say now?

edit later: Oh, that shit.

MissingPerson
12-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh, he's afraid of the gays again. He reckons homosexuality is going to make us extinct. All 6.7 fucking billion of us are under immediate threat. We're all going to have a sudden and irreversible gay attack and just go extinct, because that's how it works.

Yes, please, very old man who's vowed to God himself never to have sex or masturbate, please do presume to dictate to the rest of the world what defines a normal sex life.

Piss off, you decrepit old git. And maybe sell your stupid fucking gold hat while you're at it, so somebody can afford feed their family for a few months.

The Catholic church took a willful step back into the dark ages the minute it decided it wanted an Inquisitor in charge.

ivankay
12-24-2008, 03:58 PM
i can' think of when the Church has moved forward on the issue of homosexuality. Being an organization based in canons and dogma, it's kind of hard to reach around (tee-hee) and change. The fear he and a good chunk of the planet ascribe to is based in the past and views the masses as uncontrollable monkeys who go with whatever urge strikes them. While this has some truth to it (hello consumerism), it is an insulting perspective that is based on superiority, hate and arrogance instead of love. To continue to spit out the bullshit that homos will take down the world if you accept the fact they and their sexual practices are a part of life is plain old stupid. i can see the Church arguing against sexual relations outside of relationships (in their case matrimony) because of the lack of focus it brings to humans thus detracting one further from the spiritual pursuit, but i don't get that from them. Ah, same shit, different century.

MissingPerson
12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
He's slightly at odds with the previous attitude adopted by the Church though, and this is what bugs me. Previously, the Catholic church was entirely cool about gays being gay so long as they didn't actually do anything gay. Which was stupid, but basically the best you're going to get. Ratzinger is different, Aside from being unusually fixated on sex - even for a Pope - his attitude is far more openly hostile.

Ratzinger has some sort of crazy fucking Crusader Pope narrative going on in his head, and lot of profoundly disquieting Endtimer-y opinions that bother me a lot. It's one thing to be accusing gays of being bad at being straight. It's something altogether different to blame them for the oncoming fantasy apocalypse.

ivankay
12-24-2008, 04:36 PM
And his blame is entirely in the wrong place. Most experts in the Apocalypse know the people to blame are the Coachella Board Members. Keep up the good (um, bad) werk everyone. Happy Holidays to all.

locachica73
12-25-2008, 08:54 AM
suddenly I have the opening song to pinky and the brain going on in my head.

What are we going to do today brain?

Today my friend pinky, we are going to take over the worlddddddd!!!

canexplain
12-26-2008, 01:29 PM
i hope this isnt considered spam, if it is, mods please just zap it:

should we give the banks the next 350 billion !!!!!! x****

http://pol.moveon.org/bailout7/?r_by=15293-6303281-1q910Xx&rc=comment_paste

Mr.Nipples
12-26-2008, 03:19 PM
a diagnosis video trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with my guitar(my first youtube video)
cwxbelp9rh0&hl=en&fs=1

locachica73
12-26-2008, 03:59 PM
So the other night I was playing pool and this guy was watching me shoot my game. He came over and had to tell me how much he appreciated a girl that could shoot pool. Then he asked why I shoot with the bar sticks and don't carry my own. I told him that I had always wanted my own stick but just never got around to getting one. He then told me that he use to play all the time and has a stick that he doesnt use and would like to give it to me to improve my game. I had pretty much forgotten the whole conversation due to the fact that it was the same night me and the married couple played invent a shot. So he just called me and asked if I was going to be at the bar tonight so he could give me his stick... At first I was very confused as to what we were discussing but then the whole thing came back to me. But now I am a little creeped out because I don't like people giving me stuff, especially random dudes who I don't even know. Although his name is John because I apparently put his number into my phone at some point. Bleh, no more invent a shot for me.

allyjoy
12-26-2008, 04:25 PM
sometimes people just give things without expectations

MissingPerson
12-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Once upon a time, me and some friends went to a sold out Final Fantasy show.

One of my friends, however, had to cancel at the last minute. We figured, what with it being Final Fantasy and all, it would be a nice and awesome thing to give the ticket away at the door. This proved infinitely more difficult than we'd expected, for the simple reason that nobody trusted us; I have no idea what they thought we were trying to do, or how they thought a free ticket could possibly be some sort of scam, but they did.

It took us nearly an hour to find somebody who would take a free ticket off us, and only then by offering to sell it to them first.

For the record, Final Fantasy was awesome that night.

IgJuru0uO8o

And, though I may have mentioned it oftentimes already, I'm in big gay love with Owen Pallett.

MeowMixer
12-26-2008, 10:49 PM
I got a free Killers ticket halfway through their show in LB. It was the Hot Fuss one. The Killers sucked live. You get what you pay for.

locachica73
12-27-2008, 01:03 AM

but i always expect the worse and hope for the best. in this instance I was wrong. :)

locachica73
12-27-2008, 01:07 AM
oh and i also got myself a free ticket for new years into one of my bars... because i can shake my ass. YAY me.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 06:59 AM

that is sort of my style loca and ally, i give tics away that i cant use and all kinds of stuff ... and you guys know what i look like ... sometimes people are creeped out and sometimes they just get it ... sometimes you will be right with what you said, and sometimes there are just nice people out there .. i hope you took the stick .. cr****

JustSteve
12-27-2008, 07:05 AM
oh, i'll bet she took it...she took it hard.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 08:49 AM
oh, i'll bet she took it...she took it hard.

well JS, i always say, i would never say to a woman what i wouldnt say to my mom (in public) ... maybe you should think about a new years resolution that for every swipe you take at someone, you say something nice ... that would be novel .... cr****

algunz
12-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Ron, maybe you should consider a resolution that involves not taking things too seriously. You're usually pretty good at that, but lately you seem to be taking things just a bit too close to the heart.

Just a little tough love. :winkiss

canexplain
12-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Ron, maybe you should consider a resolution that involves not taking things too seriously. You're usually pretty good at that, but lately you seem to be taking things just a bit too close to the heart.

Just a little tough love. :winkiss

ok i get it .... but i was just watching Babel (again) and it shows how all of our lives can be intertwined and who we think might be our worst enemies might really be our friends, and the opposite is true .... obama says it is time for change, and he cant do it, only we can .... ok so enough, i am off my soapbox ..... cr**** sorry JS be an ass :)

algunz
12-27-2008, 09:38 AM
obama says it is time for change, and he cant do it, only we can .... ok so enough, i am off my soapbox ..... cr****

You are absolutely correct. Only we can create this so called change, but the soapbox method is just as ineffective as ignoring it. I have been rather reflective the past few days, more so than is necessary during this holiday season. It's hard not to be when this so called change has become such a motif in the media. I can't help but be negative. I want to believe change is coming, but deep down I can't really see it happening. There's too much scat deep in existence and in the control of too many who will most likely refuse to change. Fear and greed are too prevalent and too powerful.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 09:47 AM
You are absolutely correct. Only we can create this so called change, but the soapbox method is just as ineffective as ignoring it. I have been rather reflective the past few days, more so than is necessary during this holiday season. It's hard not to be when this so called change has become such a motif in the media. I can't help but be negative. I want to believe change is coming, but deep down I can't really see it happening. There's too much scat deep in existence and in the control of too many who will most likely refuse to change. Fear and greed are too prevalent and too powerful.

now who is being to srsl.... baby steps will make it work ... speaking of: how was izzys xmas .... post a few pics to make us smile .... cr****

Courtney
12-27-2008, 11:01 AM
The power was just down on my entire island for 14 hours straight. OMG WTF.

fatbastard
12-27-2008, 11:07 AM
I heard about that on the news last night. Do you have food?

Courtney
12-27-2008, 11:10 AM
We have lots of christmas leftovers and a gas oven/stove, so it's all good. Mostly I was just bored as all hell without access to all my technological gizmos. I resorted to drinking a lot of champagne and passing out around 9:30pm.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 11:11 AM
yea its all over the news here courtney .... i guess because obama is there otherwise it would not get any coverage .... cr****

fatbastard
12-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Cool. Does not sound that bad. I hear you though. No gizmos=sucks to be you.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 11:12 AM
how are you online, batteries ? cr****

Courtney
12-27-2008, 11:13 AM
No, the power came back on about an hour ago in my valley. I checked my e-mail and then the news, and my third stop was the coachella message board. addictions.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 11:19 AM
No, the power came back on about an hour ago in my valley. I checked my e-mail and then the news, and my third stop was the coachella message board. addictions.

wb...

MissingPerson
12-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Apparently Courtney's on the same grid as Limerick, Ireland. I'm literally just reading a thread about somebody there with matching power trouble. So I'll tell you what I told them:

Dude, make the best of it. Improvise!

9Y1Th_g-JVI

canexplain
12-27-2008, 02:09 PM
so i just saw this news article .... a couple get on a continental airplane .... he gets drunk, fights with his wife and hits her. they, as a couple, are sueing the airline for serving him to much to drink and that is what caused the problem ..... cr****

oh the news thing is a "best of" so it is not from today

ivankay
12-27-2008, 02:41 PM
The airline should counter sue them for being assholes.

Cpt. Funkaho
12-27-2008, 02:59 PM
The two biggest problems with the American people as this walrus sees them:

1. Lack of personal responsibility, as displayed on the small scale by frivolous lawsuits like these and on the large scale by the current economic crisis (on both sides: irresponsible lenders only concerned with making an extremely risky buck, and irresponsible consumers buying houses they can't afford).
2. Obesity/lack of fitness. This is displayed on the small scale by the fat dude next to you on the plane who spills into your seat and ruins the flight, and on the large scale by a hemorrhaging health care system that is in danger of failing altogether due to both corporate greed and escalating claims due to obesity-related health problems.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 03:48 PM
on your point a ....
i got a deep fryer for xmax .... you put the food in the basket, then close the lid, then put the food in the hot grease ..it is completly self contained when you are cooking .... also you know the usual electric plugs you have for those things (maybe i am behind the times though), it doesnt have one of those big nail looking things you plug in the unit, it is magnetic so it just sort of sticks to the unit which is safer is guess .... some companies are at least trying to protect us from ourselves ... cr****

karecares
12-27-2008, 04:02 PM
The two biggest problems with the American people as this walrus sees them:

1. Lack of personal responsibility, as displayed on the small scale by frivolous lawsuits like these and on the large scale by the current economic crisis (on both sides: irresponsible lenders only concerned with making an extremely risky buck, and irresponsible consumers buying houses they can't afford).
2. Obesity/lack of fitness. This is displayed on the small scale by the fat dude next to you on the plane who spills into your seat and ruins the flight, and on the large scale by a hemorrhaging health care system that is in danger of failing altogether due to both corporate greed and escalating claims due to obesity-related health problems.
i'll agree to both of these points, and i confess to have been/am an overspender not buying houses but still.. debt=death

canexplain
12-27-2008, 04:21 PM
i would rather be in "reasonable" debt and have a fun life, then have no debt, and be boared every minute ... (reasonable being no one calling about bills, not trying to figure out how to pay a bill, not being behind on bills) cr****

Courtney
12-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Fiscal solvency and fun are not mutually exclusive.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Fiscal solvency and fun are not mutually exclusive.

it can be true, but do you personally know anyone who has no money, no bills, no job, does not depend on anyone (govt, friends, parents, the church) and has fun .... i dont ... cr****

i include fiscal solvency meaning you have a place to eat and sleep that cost you nothing ....else, it is a bill and a debt

Courtney
12-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Ron your post makes no sense to me. Solvency just means that your income can cover your expenses.

Courtney
12-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Actually, maybe that's not technically what solvency means. I just googled it. Now I am confusing myself.

canexplain
12-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Actually, maybe that's not technically what solvency means. I just googled it. Now I am confusing myself.

i dont want to fight courtney, i just mean, if you owe a little it is no big deal just people should not go overboard...cr****

In finance, solvency is the ability of an entity to pay its debts with available cash

this would mean you are right, but you could not owe on a house or car or anything like that i guess

locachica73
12-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Why does everyone try to screw up my don't leave the bed, cheesy tv, quiet sundays?

amyzzz
12-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Why does everyone try to screw up my don't leave the bed, cheesy tv, quiet sundays?
That's my favorite kind of Sunday.

locachica73
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
that is pretty much my every sunday. after playing poker all day saturday and then going out dancing after which is what we usually do then by sunday I need a recoup day. :)

locachica73
12-29-2008, 07:44 AM
OK so I got a red light running ticket awhile ago it seems, I got served the other day but wasn't home. My son was though and accepted it. DAMNIT.

chairmenmeow47
12-29-2008, 08:01 AM

i seriously had to stop being friends with someone over my sundays, lol. well, other stuff too, but that was a big part of it. i have a fairly strict "i don't make plans on sunday" policy, because i always end up cancelling cause i'm too exhausted and just want to be lazy in bed. so i've just stopped making plans on sunday. most of my friends are totally cool with this, but i had one friend who would get really irritated by it. i personally think it's better to not make plans than to just cancel at the last minute though. sundays are all about laziness.

disgustipated
12-29-2008, 08:07 AM
OK so I got a red light running ticket awhile ago it seems, I got served the other day but wasn't home. My son was though and accepted it. DAMNIT.

I recieved a picture of me in the mail running a red light. It said I owed $280, so I sent them a picture of the money. They didn't find the humor in it.

locachica73
12-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Yeah I was just talking to my friend Lisa and apparently they all went out for bloody marys yesterday and one of our friends was trying to get her to call me to come out and she wouldn't even call because she knows I typically don't answer my phone even. But after going out typically on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (and this last week even Wednesday) I needed a quiet day of sleeping/smoking/grazing.

CalmerThanYou
12-29-2008, 09:46 AM
I hung out with feather and her pal miranda (plus a couple others, their names escape me now) yesterday in LB. good people i tell ya, good people indeed. we smoked a fatty then the girls had a dance party on the beach.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/kolbycap/photo.jpg

canexplain
12-29-2008, 11:00 AM
cool calmer, its good to meet board members and ladies in general .... so i emailed an aryan race person in response to the obama vid, if i never post here again (might make some people happy lol) you know why .... they are so far out there ...****

allyjoy
12-29-2008, 11:02 AM
aryan race person? what? Ron, please explain.

SoulDischarge
12-29-2008, 11:10 AM
I just got over a cold like yesterday and had to walk out of work after an hour because I feel extremely ill with a bunch of symptoms that I didn't even have when I was sick. I'm wondering if it's a result of all the medicine I took when I was sick or a psychosomatic thing.

locachica73
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
I am having trouble working up any energy for work after being off for 4.5 days. So I went to Circle K for some coffee at lunch time. They have supercharged french vanilla whipped coffee. I mixed it with half that and half regular coffee to cut down on the sweetness. It is a cup of yummy, I may have a new addiction.

Courtney
12-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Can someone please explain to me why having your mouth taste like potpourri would ever be a desirable thing?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2zdq7tu.jpg

I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Courtney
12-29-2008, 11:28 AM
I am having trouble working up any energy for work after being off for 4.5 days. So I went to Circle K for some coffee at lunch time. They have supercharged french vanilla whipped coffee. I mixed it with half that and half regular coffee to cut down on the sweetness. It is a cup of yummy, I may have a new addiction.

What is whipped coffee?

amyzzz
12-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Does it taste good?

Pixiessp
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
if i need a pick me up i drink a Rockstar. only problem with that is that I crash pretty hard when it wears off. I fell asleep at my computer keyboard once and ended up with a keyboard indentation on my cheek plus a small cut on my eyebrow. :(

locachica73
What is whipped coffee?

It is thier version of a latte I suppose. It is creamy frothy type coffee. They have a machine that makes it but a full cup of it is way too sweet so I mix it half and half.

blakely
What is whipped coffee?

cappuccino?

Courtney
12-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh I get it. Pre-sweetened coffee does not appeal to the anal-retentive control freak in me. But I do like vanilla.

locachica73
12-29-2008, 11:30 AM
if i need a pick me up i drink a Rockstar. only problem with that is that I crash pretty hard when it wears off. I fell asleep at my computer keyboard once and ended up with a keyboard indentation on my cheek plus a small cut on my eyebrow. :(

I am not a fan of the flavor of Rockstar. I do like monsters but they were out and I wanted something hot instead. I was going to go to starbucks to spend my gift card but apparently there are no starbucks in my new hood.

Courtney
12-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Does it taste good?

It tastes like you just put a can of air freshener in your mouth and sprayed.

MeowMixer
12-29-2008, 11:32 AM
ROCKSTAR>RED BULL>MONSTER>FULL THROTTLE

locachica73
12-29-2008, 11:32 AM
That doesn't sound appealing but then the only gum I like is the minty kind. I don't even like fruity or sweet gum. Stride green is my favoritist of gums.

locachica73
12-29-2008, 11:33 AM
ROCKSTAR>RED BULL>MONSTER>FULL THROTTLE

Red Bull should only be mixed with Vodka. :)

Also not bad mixed with Bacardi Limon

MeowMixer
12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Late responses:

cool calmer, its good to meet board members and ladies in general .... so i emailed an aryan race person in response to the obama vid, if i never post here again (might make some people happy lol) you know why .... they are so far out there ...****

I'm an Aryan race person, in that I am an actual descendant of the Aryan tribe in India. Don't hate. H8.

Can someone please explain to me why having your mouth taste like potpourri would ever be a desirable thing?

I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Dude... One time I bought a package of those to see what they tasted like. THEY TASTED LIKE SOAPY FLOWERS. IT WAS GROSS. I almost died. So I gave them to all of my friends as a joke. They almost died too.

MeowMixer
12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Red Bull should only be mixed with Vodka. :)

Also not bad mixed with Bacardi Limon

You drink that flavored alcohol?

locachica73
12-29-2008, 11:40 AM
One of my favorite predrinks before going out to get the buzz started is Bacardi Limon mixed with Mikes Hard Lemonade. It tastes just like lemonade and gives you a nice prebuzz. That is the only flavored liquor I would buy though, that is unless I am making Jello Shots for a party. Then with all the flavored liquors the sky is the limit of different options for Jello Shots. Peoples favorite seems to be Orange Jello mixed with Vanilla Vodka. It tastes like a dreamsicle.

MeowMixer
12-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Thank's for the sig... prebuzz...

chairmenmeow47
12-29-2008, 11:49 AM

I JUST DON'T GET IT.

*VOMIT*

that reminds me of this disgusting rose water stuff someone brought in at work one time.

locachica73
12-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Have you ever tried the gum that is suppose to give you an energy boost? it tastes like old tire. blech.

allyjoy
12-29-2008, 11:56 AM
*VOMIT*

that reminds me of this disgusting rose water stuff someone brought in at work one time.

did they try to make you drink rose water? ew... unless it was rose hips tea. I love rose water for your skin, though. C.O. Bigelow makes a wonderful one.

... I'm off work in 4 minutes. Hooray!

chairmenmeow47
12-29-2008, 11:57 AM
i did try it and it was revolting. it tasted like perfume.

allyjoy
12-29-2008, 11:58 AM
no, I meant to apply to your skin, like a toner. that is where it is awesome... not as a drink.

chairmenmeow47
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
it was sold as a drink at this middle eastern store that was located in a restaurant a bunch of people went to, so they brought back all these different, disgusting drinks. that was the only one i remember, but they had this warm milk like stuff too.

makes a lot more sense as something topical though, lol.

MeowMixer
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
How can they sell those violet things? I'm sure they are poisonous.

locachica73
12-29-2008, 12:06 PM
There is a fly in my office and it keeps buzzin by my head. grrrr

amyzzz
12-29-2008, 12:24 PM
It tastes like you just put a can of air freshener in your mouth and sprayed.
So does your breath smell good after? (if not, what's the point?)

Courtney
12-29-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't know. Maybe I will ask some unsuspecting person to try one and then smell their breath.

canexplain
12-29-2008, 01:42 PM
aryan race person? what? Ron, please explain.

i should have been more clear ... this is a nazi aryan person who was saying that all blacks are ......... the usual things i wont repeat .... here is the wiki def of aryan race .... cr****

Ethnic groups originally regarded as being included in the Aryan race
The Indo-Aryans (including the Sinhalese and Maldivians), the Iranian peoples (including Kurds), Armenians, Balts, Slavs, Gypsies, Albanians, Greeks, Romanics, Teutonics, Celts, Anglo-Americans, Anglo-Canadians, Québécois, North American White Hispanics, White Latin Americans, Anglo-Australians, Anglo-New Zealanders, Anglo-Africans, and Boers. [28]

that would make me part of the aryan race, but i dont feel superior to any race not included ... just sayin .......ron

canexplain
12-29-2008, 01:46 PM
the movies come alive along with other things i guess ....****

Korean firm bids to clone dead pets

The world's first pet cloning service is to offer animal lovers the chance to recreate their dead companions, it was announced today.
A company spokeswoman said it was already working on its first order from an American who wanted a clone of her dead pit bull.

The client, Bernann McKunney, of California, was very attached to the pet because it had saved her life during an attack by another dog.
RNL Bio is charging customers $150,000 (£75,000) for the clones, which clients pay only after they receive their new pet.

The cloning is to be carried out by Seoul National University scientists led by Dr Lee Byeong-chun, a veterinary professor.

Prof Lee had worked with the disgraced stem cell scientist Dr Hwang Woo-suk, whose purported breakthroughs in the creation of human stem cells through cloning had been faked.

The team's success in cloning the world's first dog, Snuppy, in 2005, has been confirmed.

MeowMixer
12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
i should have been more clear ... this is a nazi aryan person who was saying that all blacks are ......... the usual things i wont repeat .... here is the wiki def of aryan race .... cr****

The Indo-Aryans (including the Sinhalese and Maldivians), the Iranian peoples (including Kurds), Armenians, Balts, Slavs, Gypsies, Albanians, Greeks, Romanics, Teutonics, Celts, Anglo-Americans, Anglo-Canadians, Québécois, North American White Hispanics, White Latin Americans, Anglo-Australians, Anglo-New Zealanders, Anglo-Africans, and Boers. [28]

that would make me part of the aryan race, but i dont feel superior to any race not included ... just sayin .......ron

Dibs on Indo-Aryan!

allyjoy
12-30-2008, 07:06 AM
anyone ever had one of those mornings where you just feel like eating a bullet? I'm there.

locachica73
12-30-2008, 07:10 AM
OK I am in search of a picture to send you, I hope it cheers you up. :)

sydaud
12-30-2008, 07:12 AM
anyone ever had one of those mornings where you just feel like eating a bullet? I'm there.

I am having a morning where I feel like eating a buffet and I forgot my wallet at home.

allyjoy
12-30-2008, 07:37 AM
OK I am in search of a picture to send you, I hope it cheers you up. :)
*giggle* This is why I love you... they were tiny though.

I am having a morning where I feel like eating a buffet and I forgot my wallet at home.

well played, sir(?), well played.

locachica73
12-30-2008, 07:44 AM
*giggle* This is why I love you... they were tiny though.

I hate webshots, they won't let me save the photos to my laptop without becoming a member. I just sent you a link to the whole album. Good Times.

shakermaker113
12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
yesterday it took me two hours just to get out of bed. fuck.

sydaud
12-30-2008, 09:08 AM
well played, sir(?), well played.

I didn't consider the gender confusion when I chose the screen name. Sir is correct.

Pixiessp
12-30-2008, 09:29 AM

what the hell is a white hispanic?

locachica73
12-30-2008, 09:34 AM
The more correct term would be Mexican Americans. People of mexican descent but born here in the US.

allyjoy
12-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I think she's thinking of a Spaniard

canexplain
12-30-2008, 09:44 AM
what the hell is a white hispanic?

this to me makes it even more confusing ....wiki

White Hispanic and Latino Americans are White Americans of Hispanic or Latino origin.[10][11]

As the concepts of race and ethnicity — "ethnicity" is used as a synonym for Hispanic or Latino origin — are mutually independent in the Office of Management and Budget's and United States Census Bureau's definitions, every American is identified by both race and ethnicity. Hispanic or Latino people are those who report origins in Spain or Hispanic Latin America, and they may be of any race.[12] Thus each race, including White American, comprises individuals who are Hispanic or Latino and individuals who are not Hispanic or Latino.

besides everyone, did you see where yellowstone is gonna blow and wipe us all out anyway .....****

Mr.Nipples
12-30-2008, 11:35 AM
found this on my camera while deleting crap, dont really know what im trying to play...
-nwEdwOY2OE&hl=en&fs=1

locachica73
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
So today at work I had to dress for our dinner we are having with the coachella board members. Typically I cover my tattoos for work just because I hate to have to answer the questions from all the midwestern boys I work with in the office. But I never even thought about it coming out here to the warehouse because these are all construction worker type guys who have their own tats. So I am out there smoking and one of the guys walks by me and stops mid stride, grabs the neck of my shirt to pull it down and check out my tat. I am use to this happening at the bar, but not really so much at work. I am weird about my personal space, even more so when I haven't had a beer or two. I nearly turned around and slapped him. Poor guy, he felt so bad. LOL

sydaud
12-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Well, he should have known better. Can't be grabbing the women folk at work.

allyjoy
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
If one more person tries to curse me by telling me how great it would be to work here after I finish law school, I may have to slap them. I'm not coming back. I'm not. Deal.

chairmenmeow47
12-30-2008, 01:42 PM
If one more person tries to curse me by telling me how great it would be to work here after I finish law school, I may have to slap them. I'm not coming back. I'm not. Deal.

you can't blame them, i'd be sad if i knew ally wasn't coming back to me too :(

allyjoy
12-30-2008, 01:49 PM
:pulse

My friends know I will see them again, though, and they know better than to say such nonsense. These are the higher ups that are envious of my escape cursing me.

canexplain
12-30-2008, 02:08 PM
wow they just fired the broncos head coach ....ouch ....****

BROKENDOLL
12-30-2008, 02:12 PM
anyone ever had one of those mornings where you just feel like eating a bullet? I'm there. Mornings? Hell, my craving started last night and I'm still hungry...:(

found this on my camera while deleting crap, dont really know what im trying to play...
-nwEdwOY2OE&hl=en&fs=1 Mr. Nipples, this vid just reminded me of a cure for my craving...Suffacated is gone, the neighbors are away...Now, if only my amp was as big as yours! http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/vtwincruisersmc/Smileys/Guitar.gif

coldstart
12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
-nwEdwOY2OE&hl=en&fs=1

Is that red pedal a Digitech XP-100? I had one of those but the button broke so I couldn't change the settings anymore. Awesome pedal.

Mr.Nipples
12-30-2008, 03:30 PM
close, its the wh4. the xp whammy is good though.

bmack86
12-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm going to Obama's inauguration.

coldstart
12-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Awesome, I was going to but I couldn't get tickets. It's really expensive anyway when you factor in a decent hotel and plane tickets.

bmack86
12-30-2008, 06:20 PM
I've got a friend who lives in the city and she got tickets for all of us.

canexplain
12-30-2008, 07:13 PM
I've got a friend who lives in the city and she got tickets for all of us.

thats cool , i would go if i could... moveon.org has a thing if you send in 5 bucks you get in this lottery of 10 people ... they say they have 2 million members so i am going to skip it .... ****

Pixiessp
12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
isn't there also some essay contest where the best 20 get to attend?
thought I read that in the paper today.

bmack86
12-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm so excited to go to this. I can't believe I get to see this inauguration. I can imagine this is what someone felt like in 1960 going to washington to see Kennedy get sworn in. I actually feel patriotic, unlike many times in my recent history.

SoulDischarge
12-31-2008, 01:17 AM
Fuck. I'm officially a homewrecker and I feel like a cliche.

locachica73
12-31-2008, 02:38 AM
SD... the home was wrecked before you got involved. Don't beat yourself up.

SoulDischarge
12-31-2008, 04:48 AM
This I realize. It just feels strange to see your life turn into a Degrassi episode.

rskapcat
12-31-2008, 04:53 AM
This I realize. It just feels strange to see your life turn into a Degrassi episode.

The fact that you name-checked Degrassi makes me want to be your friend.

chairmenmeow47
12-31-2008, 05:11 AM
I'm going to Obama's inauguration.

how fun! congratulations :)

and SD, the home was prolly wrecked before you got there.

locachica73
12-31-2008, 07:29 AM
I totally suck as a grown up. I stayed out too late on a school night. Came home, played on the computer and went to bed around 430 AM. My alarm went off, I ignored it, just woke up. I called my boss and he said no worries they are only working till 11. No more going out on school nights, at least not till 430 AM.

coldstart
12-31-2008, 07:33 AM
At least you have a nice boss.

locachica73
12-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Most of the shit I do I can do from home so as long as my work gets done he doesn't really care where I do it from. It works out well because I don't plan on leaving my bed till about 5 pm. lol

allyjoy
12-31-2008, 08:28 AM
I just got my "separation" check from my job. ka-ching! :thu

locachica73
12-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Drinks are on Ally!!!!

Pixiessp
12-31-2008, 08:34 AM
The fact that you name-checked Degrassi makes me want to be your friend.

you beat me to it. I love Degrassi!!! Go Paige! Go Marco! Go Spinner!
GO ALEX!!!!!!!!!!

locachica73
12-31-2008, 08:36 AM
I will admit, my daughter DVR's Degrassi and I secretly enjoy watching it with her. It is 90210 X10

allyjoy
12-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Radio Free Roscoe, Bitches!!! (eventhough it's cancelled :( )

Pixiessp
12-31-2008, 08:39 AM
I feel silly watching the N sometimes but some of those shows are pretty good.

amyzzz
12-31-2008, 08:50 AM
That's so cool you get to go to the inauguration, bmack! TAKE PICTURES. (if you can)

shakermaker113
12-31-2008, 09:05 AM
I totally suck as a grown up. I stayed out too late on a school night. Came home, played on the computer and went to bed around 430 AM. My alarm went off, I ignored it, just woke up. I called my boss and he said no worries they are only working till 11. No more going out on school nights, at least not till 430 AM.

this made me feel a lot better. I was cursing myself for similar behavior. I went out to see a friend dj last night, was home around 2... my alarm went off at 7, but I failed to actually get up until 9, missed my train, ugh.

Most of the shit I do I can do from home so as long as my work gets done he doesn't really care where I do it from. It works out well because I don't plan on leaving my bed till about 5 pm. lol

but this just made me jealous. damn you!

canexplain
12-31-2008, 09:11 AM
take note :) ****
on the list of words or ?? for 2008 which should be banned ....

<3 – Supposed to resemble a heart, or stand for the word 'love.' Used when sending those important text messages to loved ones. "Just say the word instead of making me turn my head sideways and wondering what 'less than three' means." Andrea Estrada, Chicago.

locachica73
12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
but this just made me jealous. damn you!

I just woke up from a nap. Life is good. Don't be mad. :)

SoulDischarge
12-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I just left work early for the second time this week because I'm not getting any sleep these days. You're not the only irresponsible adult around, Loca.

locachica73
12-31-2008, 01:39 PM
responsibility is overrated. I have been "responsible" since I was 16, longer even since my mother worked nights and I pretty much raised my brother. I am tired of being responsible.

amyzzz
12-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I just remembered we still have some illegal fireworks in my kitchen cupboard! YAY.

shakermaker113
12-31-2008, 04:38 PM
I just woke up from a nap. Life is good. Don't be mad. :)

I just got out of work, an hour later than intended, after debugging some nasty fucking code that should have been fixed weeks ago. but apparently some people can't do their job. fuck. thank god tomorrow is a holiday.

Mr.Nipples
12-31-2008, 06:51 PM
i just scored a lovetone meatball for peanuts
extremely rare envelope filter. it is indeed a happy new year. it is heard all over mbv's cover of wire's map ref(coordinates i dont remember)...it is indeed a happy new year...
http://img06.shop-pro.jp/PA01019/004/product/2374943.JPG

RvCeodRSEdA&hl=en&fs=1

SoulDischarge
12-31-2008, 06:56 PM
I can't believe I didn't know about that cover.

Mr.Nipples
12-31-2008, 06:57 PM
its amazing isnt it...

SoulDischarge
12-31-2008, 07:01 PM
It's pretty hard to fuck up covering Wire, especially if you're MBV. Although my favorite cover is still Big Black's one of Heartbeat.

Mr.Nipples
12-31-2008, 07:03 PM
thats true i guess. i dont know know what my favorite cover is really.

Mr.Nipples
01-01-2009, 12:12 PM
i forgot that its all over the last half of talk show host as well...
KvtT0fzItYw&hl=en&fs=1

bballarl
01-01-2009, 12:40 PM
You should check out MBV's cover of Louis Armstrong's "We've Got All The Time in the World". I had no idea it existed until I read the 33 1/3 book about Loveless.

bmack86
01-01-2009, 02:08 PM
The MBV Wire cover is one of my favorite recordings of theirs.

Mr.Nipples
01-01-2009, 02:21 PM
You should check out MBV's cover of Louis Armstrong's "We've Got All The Time in the World". I had no idea it existed until I read the 33 1/3 book about Loveless.

great cover, ive always wanted to know what synths and kits kevin used on the the post loveless stuff...hes been mum about that sort of thing

i dont know if im going to keep that pedal too long, im trying to find someone who will trade it straight up for this...
b0n0UTunK5Y&hl=en&fs=1

it will pay for a car in 20 years hopefully if it sticks around...the same can be said for the meatball but ive wanted a ring stinger for 7 years now and its always been an impossible dream till last night. the ring stinger is probably the weirdest fucking thing ive ever heard.

bmack86
01-01-2009, 06:06 PM
That pedal sounds awesome.

canexplain
01-01-2009, 08:57 PM
so last night i pulled into the parking place for a concert, the attendent dude said "hey i havent seen you in a while", i pulled out my wallet to get money and he said "i havent given away a free parking spot this year, just park here", at least 5 people took my pic, a bunch walked up to me, hugged me and said happy new year or love your hat ... point being, it makes me sad that some people here dont like me, but that is life. i like all you guys and no issues with how you feel because life is just that, life .... when i meet the people i havent met yet, it will be a good thing for me anyway, and i just want to say, dont judge me by what i post here, ... late ... ron****

canexplain
01-02-2009, 06:43 AM
well the Zune problem has been fixed, if you google you can get what support is telling you to do ... also they said if people opened up their zune to reset the unit, the warranty is now void .. that would really piss me off big time ...****

bakersfield
01-02-2009, 06:45 AM
that was painful watching Dick Clark talk on New Years eve.
Why keep him on TV?

locachica73
01-02-2009, 06:55 AM
OK so I got a loaner phone until they could order me a new one, luckily I was due for an upgrade anyway so it isn't a big deal. But for now I have to carry around a pink razer phone. I am not the pink phone kind of girl. But in our company pink is kind of the punishment for losing/forgetting stuff. We even have pink hard hats for people when they forget their own.

allyjoy
01-02-2009, 07:02 AM
I love how your job works, loca!

... I'm really bad at procrastinating. Good bye apartment in NoHo :(

TomAz
01-02-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm really bad at procrastinating.

I'm trying to figure out what this means.

locachica73
01-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Hopefully that doesn't mean you are going to be offline until you are all moved in. I will go through ally withdrawels. :(

Oh and could you IM me your phone number again? I don't have any numbers anymore and will eventually need someone to drunk dial. :)

sydaud
01-02-2009, 07:07 AM
that was painful watching Dick Clark talk on New Years eve.
Why keep him on TV?

His appeal to the +65 demographic. They normally don't stay up that late.

canexplain
01-02-2009, 07:36 AM
OK so I got a loaner phone until they could order me a new one, luckily I was due for an upgrade anyway so it isn't a big deal. But for now I have to carry around a pink razer phone. I am not the pink phone kind of girl. But in our company pink is kind of the punishment for losing/forgetting stuff. We even have pink hard hats for people when they forget their own.

:) ******

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/pink1.jpg

shakermaker113
01-02-2009, 09:34 AM
today I woke up two hours late for work, found that a plumber was in our bathroom so I couldn't shower, then biked to the train station in the rain. happy fucking new year.

locachica73
01-02-2009, 09:38 AM
I tweaked my back at some point. Woke up a little late for work, jumped in the shower and was on the road to work within 15 minutes of waking up. Got here and the gate was locked and since I didn't have a phone I couldn't call Chuck to find out where he was or what the gate combo was so I had to drive to the main office to use the phone and get a new cell phone. Somewhere in between getting out of bed and actually getting to work I tweaked my back and now cant hardly move without wincing in pain. Getting old blows.

wmgaretjax
01-02-2009, 09:50 AM
The offending Zune code:

OOL ConvertDays(UINT32 days, SYSTEMTIME* lpTime)
{
int dayofweek, month, year;
UINT8 *month_tab;

//Calculate current day of the week
dayofweek = GetDayOfWeek(days);

year = ORIGINYEAR;

while (days > 365)
{
if (IsLeapYear(year))
{
if (days > 366)
{
days -= 366;
year += 1;
}
}
else
{
days -= 365;
year += 1;
}
}

// Determine whether it is a leap year
month_tab = (UINT8 *)((IsLeapYear(year))? monthtable_leap : monthtable);

for (month=0; month<12; month++)
{
if (days <= month_tab[month])
break;
days -= month_tab[month];
}

month += 1;

lpTime->wDay = days;
lpTime->wDayOfWeek = dayofweek;
lpTime->wMonth = month;
lpTime->wYear = year;

return TRUE;
}

What an idiotic IF statement... That's a pretty lame fuckup.

Courtney
01-02-2009, 10:49 AM
today I woke up two hours late for work, found that a plumber was in our bathroom so I couldn't shower, then biked to the train station in the rain. happy fucking new year.

There's some sort of weird cosmic justice that you didn't get a shower in the bathroom but you did get a shower on your bike.

This morning I pimped out my gym locker with locker accessories made for a sixth grader. I'm pretty excited about what the gym employees will think when they go in there to drop off my laundry service.

locachica73
01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Today has just felt like a crappy day all around. I keep thinking it is Monday. But then I realize... it's Friday, no Friday can be a crappy day. All is good in the world.

Suffacated
01-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Why do fuckin kids insist on making babies?
We (as parents) can try to teach them right from wrong,
we can supply them with pills, rubbers, ipods and cell phones.
But we cant keep them from making what may be the worst decision they will ever make. We cant keep kids from having kids.
Fuckin stupid dumb fucks!!!!!

TommyboyUNM
01-02-2009, 01:10 PM
... point being, it makes me sad that some people here dont like me, but that is life.

Methinks you should worry less about this.

Courtney
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Why do fuckin kids insist on making babies?
We (as parents) can try to teach them right from wrong,
we can supply them with pills, rubbers, ipods and cell phones.
But we cant keep them from making what may be the worst decision they will ever make. We cant keep kids from having kids.
Fuckin stupid dumb fucks!!!!!

Suffacated are you going to be a granddaddy?

Suffacated
01-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I wish I was excited about it.
I feel fucking terrible that I'm not.
Dammit.... I just wish she would have waited a few years.

TommyboyUNM
01-02-2009, 01:26 PM
I wish I was excited about it.
I feel fucking terrible that I'm not.
Dammit.... I just wish she would have waited a few years.

You've had quite the week eh?

Suffacated
01-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I've known about a month now.
It just slipped out.

Courtney
01-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry that you have mixed feelings about it. How is she?

captncrzy
01-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't know how old she is, but she'll be fine as long as you give her a ton of emotional support and help. Make sure you help her get into a position that will help keep her on her feet for the rest of her life.

canexplain
01-02-2009, 01:56 PM
suff, was that what caused the blowup between you two, if i can ask?
and i forgot to say earlier on NYE, the line for the venue was a block long to get it, we went up to security and asked if there was any chance we could snap up one chair because my gf couldnt stand up for hours ...he said , well i'll fix that, and put us at the front of the line to be first in :) also when i left work thursday night i left a $100 bill on my desk (i had just found it in a bunch of papers in my truck) .... it was still there this morning yeepee ...****

Suffacated
01-02-2009, 03:29 PM
How is she?

She's fine.
Shes on shore duty until she gives birth.
After her maternity leave is up, she'll deploy. In other words, she'll leave the babysitting duties to the dad and she'll fly out to meet up with her assigned carrier group.

suff, was that what caused the blowup between you two, if i can ask?

There was no blowup of any kind. I made sure that when she told me that she was pregnant that I would show her nothing but love and support.
What I posted earlier was something I kept inside of me.

The issue is not how I feel about her getting pregnant.
That is totally irrelevant. Her knowing how I truly feel wouldn't change anything.
Whats important is that everybody stays healthy.
That's all that really matters.
And as a dad, I'll love her and support her no matter what she decides to do. That doesnt mean that I'll agree with her. She's still my daughter and therefore she gets my undivided love.

There's so many thoughts that have gone through my head.
As I think of these two kids, I wonder if the dad feels like hes trapped?
He is also in the Navy, and like my daughter, they both had their careers ahead of them.
All of that has changed now. There are so many things that they won't be able to do now that there are diapers to change.
My daughter is still in for 3 more years. A baby isn't going to get her out of the commitment with the Navy that she agreed to. Because of her job on the carrier and the way she has excelled at it, the Navy isn't about to let her off.
My biggest problem is.... how fair is that to the dad and how fair is that to their kid?
Think about it...
You spit out a kid then you hand him over to the dad so you can go away for 6 months? That really bothers me.
Like I said, I love her no matter what. But I'm also sad for her.
I'm sad because I wonder if she'll get married? I don't know.
Will their marriage work? I doubt it.
Will the kid have a stable home environment? God...I hope so.

I can only hope and pray for the best for all 3 of them.
Bottom line is that it's not up to me. It's out of my hands.

allyjoy
01-02-2009, 05:20 PM
have you ever forgotten you put money in your bra and later in the night when it comes off, you make it rain on yourself?

MeowMixer
01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
no.

MeowMixer
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
they both had their couriers ahead of them.

???

allyjoy
01-02-2009, 05:54 PM
no.
then you haven't lived

Suffacated
01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
???

excuse me thy perfect one.

MeowMixer
01-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I know... YOU KNOW WHAT???????

i'm sorry

MeowMixer
01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
then you haven't lived

The mental picture is amazing, though.

Suffacated
01-02-2009, 05:58 PM
me too

Courtney
01-02-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry that you have mixed feelings about it. How is she?

She's fine.
Shes on shore duty until she gives birth.
After her maternity leave is up, she'll deploy. In other words, she'll leave the babysitting duties to the dad and she'll fly out to meet up with her assigned carrier group.

Oh haha sorry I meant to type: "how OLD is she?"

Although I am glad that she is healthy. And I'm strangely surprised to know that the military is completely non-discriminatory when it comes to whisking mothers away from their new babies just as quickly as fathers.

Suffacated
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM

She turned 19 last July.

canexplain
01-02-2009, 07:39 PM

Although I am glad that she is healthy. And I'm strangely surprised to know that the military is completely non-discriminatory when it comes to whisking mothers away from their new babies just as quickly as fathers.

yea courtney they just dont seem to care anymore ... another change is where you used to not be able to have a father and only son in battle/country at the same time, changed grrrrrr .... and suff, i think you dont see this being so close, but she sounds sort of grown up, still a little young ... my two girls were lots younger then that when they had their first and all the kids are pretty special and good kids ...

so i am watching alabama get kicked .... hehehe one of the "experts" on the pre game show said utah had no business even being in the bowl game with bama and bama was going to kick their ass ....

a commercial they are running during the game is for the new nissan z ... wow what a cool car but i "built" one online and it would be 39,555 ...now that sounds outrageous but the nissan rt-g is almost 80K, yikes ...

there is an online piece on dubai real estate prices biting the dust ... most down 40 percent and some down 50 percent from last year .... and halliburton moved their world headquarters there last year so they wouldnt have to pay US taxes .....hahahhahahahhaha

captncrzy
01-02-2009, 09:10 PM
She turned 19 last July.

Hey, man, I was 19 and now have a 15 year old that I pretty much raised entirely on my own. I ended up doing ok.

MeowMixer
01-02-2009, 09:20 PM
high five!

MeowMixer
01-02-2009, 09:21 PM
That wasn't sarcastic. You can't tell because it is typed.

BROKENDOLL
01-02-2009, 10:36 PM
You've had quite the week eh?The only thing that could have ended the year with a bigger bang would have been me announcing I was expecting! :nono

have you ever forgotten you put money in your bra and later in the night when it comes off, you make it rain on yourself? No, Allyjoy...Unfortunately, it began to rain as soon as I put the money there, dammit!

Although I am glad that she is healthy. And I'm strangely surprised to know that the military is completely non-discriminatory when it comes to whisking mothers away from their new babies just as quickly as fathers. Not nearly as suprised as I am that the Navy doesn't automatically provide birth control to everyone onboard a ship that's been away and full of raging hormones and seamen. (Get it?)

Beef Jerky
01-03-2009, 03:38 AM
\Ugh.

fiyahhh!
01-03-2009, 05:14 AM
I saw a shooting star on the way to work this morning.

SoulDischarge
01-03-2009, 05:20 AM
have you ever forgotten you put money in your bra and later in the night when it comes off, you make it rain on yourself?

Yes.

MissingPerson
01-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Why are all my posts lately about whether celebrities are gay or not? I must have been accidentally reading National Enquirer again...

Suffacated
01-03-2009, 03:48 PM
In Seal Beach and I'm stuck in the mud. Looks like it's wanting to rain.
I just love my job.....

canexplain
01-04-2009, 09:04 AM
oops ...*****

NEW YORK – Filmmaker George Butler wants his friends to know he's very much alive, despite a premature obituary on "The Charlie Rose Show" this week.

During Rose's annual New Year's Eve tribute on PBS to notable figures who died during the year, he included Butler, whose 1977 film "Pumping Iron" featured a then-unknown bodybuilder named Arnold Schwarzenegger. The screen even flashed a Butler tombstone, 1943-2008.

bleep
01-04-2009, 09:51 AM
i watched the Drake & Josh marathon on Nickelodeon over the holiday break. i'm a couple years late, but man what a great show that was. i don't think i've ever laughed that hard over a kid's program before.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/DrakeV2.jpg

Suffacated
01-04-2009, 11:44 AM
On the way in last night I saw a billboard showing Motley Crue playing Jan 31 at Fantasy Springs Casino.
Interesting....

canexplain
01-04-2009, 11:51 AM
On the way in last night I saw a billboard showing Motley Crue playing Jan 31 at Fantasy Springs Casino.
Interesting....

if you dont care about music as it were, those guys put on such a show ... all the ladies, smoke, lights, etc, its like a las vegas production ...****

Suffacated
01-04-2009, 11:59 AM
if you dont care about music as it were, those guys put on such a show ... all the ladies, smoke, lights, etc, its like a las vegas production ...****

Thats about what I was thinking.
I don't know if it is even worth buying tickets to see a Vegas production.
Maybe we'll just hang in the parking lot watching all the people while playing Daft Punk and Funkadelic.
That could make for a fun-filled evening.

BROKENDOLL
01-04-2009, 12:21 PM
I've seen Motley Crue afew times and yeah, they put on quite a production. First time in San Diego they opened for someone. Can't remember who due to the fact that their show over shadowed the headliner's. Tommy Lee pulling off his drum solo while his whole set raised up and began spinning above the stage was pretty incredible. The next time I saw them was with KISS at Blockbuster in Devore, Ca. Between the two of them, I couldn't tell you whether it was their actual performance or the circus production and pyrotechnics that kept my attention. The fact that they are now playing a local casino tells me the spark has gone out of their fire and "Girls, Girls, Girls" has now become... http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/manicdx2/big1245909.jpg http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/norielj/old-ladies_bmp.jpg And yes, I'll probably be there...:dumbo

canexplain
01-04-2009, 12:27 PM
big business's are such asses .. during the football games, hyundai is running a lot of commercials saying with these uncertain times, if you buy a car, and loose your "income" in the first 12 months, you can take it back ... well yea, i looked on their site and this is an example of that:

you buy the cheapest car and add on the usual nominal options ... it comes to about 14k .... then say you put down 3k (if you even have that)

well they will only guarantee up to 7k ... so you walk back in, they take your car, and you would still owe 4k on a car you dont own anymore, plus you would loose all of the taxes, etc for a total of about 5k lets say ... therefore you have paid for maybe 6 months on a car, and at the end of that, you will owe 5k on a car you dont have ... now maybe if it was a matter of the payments would totally ruin you financially, i guess i can see why you would do that, else ............its a total fucking ripoff as usual ...****

oh and it gets better, i checked out if you were to buy a decked out nice car, you would owe about 30,000 and not have a car ... i bet they would love to see people come in groves and do that promotion ... idiots ...

allyjoy
01-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Rock of love bus: any theories or anything about this show? This is going to be a trainwreck! I expect to be highly entertained :)

Pixiessp
01-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Where's your avatar Ally? Put one up immediately young lady!!

allyjoy
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I have an avatar... it's a bunch of dark people toasting

allyjoy
01-04-2009, 08:26 PM
can we have a coachella board meet up to see "he's just not that into you" please! I think this has a possibility for epicness!

Pixiessp
01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
ok.all of you come to Ventura County cuz my car is in the car hospital.
well, it will be tomorrow.

kitt kat
01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
i have to drive back to LA tomorrow morning

yay?

kitt kat
01-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Rock of love bus: any theories or anything about this show? This is going to be a trainwreck! I expect to be highly entertained :)

THEYRE PUTTING IT ON A BUS?!

Mr.Nipples
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
trying to play mbv's 'slow' while shitfaced. the amp was terrifyingly loud when i did this so it ended up sounding like crap once it went through the camera. someone asked me to demo the reverse reverb on the spx90 so i recorded this.
zOreojwOIIM&hl=en&fs=1

locachica73
01-05-2009, 06:56 AM
can we have a coachella board meet up to see "he's just not that into you" please! I think this has a possibility for epicness!

Yes please. I own the book and even used it as a line in order to break up with a dude. I can't wait to see the movie.

My theory is there will be alot of drunk half naked tattoo'ed women slobbering over Brett who will then narrow it down between brainy bimbo and half baked bimbo. Then he will pick brainy bimbo so that people think he really has some feelings at which point they will break up because he is still boning half baked bimbo. :)

fatbastard
01-05-2009, 07:11 AM
trying to play mbv's 'slow' while shitfaced. the amp was terrifyingly loud when i did this so it ended up sounding like crap once it went through the camera. someone asked me to demo the reverse reverb on the spx90 so i recorded this.
zOreojwOIIM&hl=en&fs=1

Can you turn off the lights then turn on a strobe light?

BROKENDOLL
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
zOreojwOIIM&hl=en&fs=1 Someone please tell me I haven't lost my fucking mind... I can't seem to locate the birthday thread you had around here afew minutes ago, so I'm gonna hafta try something different... http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/nipples-1.gifhttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/Mewnismobilbillederjuni2007025-1.jpg