PDA

View Full Version : The Default Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

marooko
02-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I made my last car payment today. Yay me!!

Courtney
02-18-2008, 07:48 AM
The Brits and their geography: I guess no one at The Observer bothered to fact check whether Coachella actually takes place in Nevada. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/feb/17/mytravels.festivals?gusrc=rss&feed=travel)

Cpt. Funkaho
02-19-2008, 12:13 AM
I haven't been around for a few days because my sister is visiting from New Zealand.

Anything happen while I've been gone?

Hannahrain
02-21-2008, 10:15 AM
List of things that are completely worthless, to be amended by myself as I see fit:

Pillow shams. All pillows should be comfortable first and foremost. I don't know who was responsible for making such a phenomenal item of comfort into a purely aesthetic gewgaw, but they need a swift kick in the pillowshams and I'd be more than happy to dispense it.

canexplain
02-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Ok so here’s the deal … I am trying to write a 1000 word essay on why “I wont make it to bonnaroo” and it has to have references to porta potties. Most of you know how screwy I write here, this is different for me, so I am asking for changes you think might make it better … this is just the first part … x****

Bathrooms, urinals, porta potties, they have many names, these small rooms we all go to. They are always there in some form.
The cowboy bars, smoky dark rooms, the smell of a PBR spilled on the floor, discarded hulls of peanut shells hiding under each pointed cowboy boot. These were the early shows I saw. Artists long since dead, but still alive on the jukebox’s of the same bars today: Marty Robbins, Faron Young, Patsy Cline, all icons in their day. They would come to the small clubs back then in Colorado. Holes in the wall by most standards today, and the bathrooms matched. I was only about 5 at the time, and my big sister always had to take me to the little girls bathrooms because I was too young to go by myself. With Johnny cash singing in the background my big sister would hold my hand and we would trudge to the dimly lit bathroom, humming because we didn’t know all the words.

It’s the early 60’s and rock and roll is all over the airwaves. The music of the devil had won and we were all better for it. Occasionally some of the Dick Clark shows would roll into town with 5 or 6 bands, but they could only sing their one or two hit songs. They would then rush off stage and the next “one hit wonder” would dart out the side of the stage,like a cobra attacking it’s prey. Surf’s Up echoed across the US. I liked the surf music best. Jan and Dean singing about that little ole lady from Pasadena. The beach boys, before Dennis died and Brian went temporarily over the edge, making harmonies we had never heard before in rock and roll. We were stuck in the middle of Colorado, but we could still take our boards and surf the white sounds down south, or skateboard up and down the blocks. We heard our mom’s yelling above the noise of the wind shaking the trees. “Dinner is ready and you better get your butt in here”. We rushed eagerly home to eat our mac and fish sticks, of course stopping first to wash our dirty hands in the immaculate bathroom my mom always kept. We stuffed down the food like young sow’s so we could hit the sidewalks again. Friends always wanted me around because I had the first FM portable radio. The surf sound was starting to die now. We still went to a few surf shows, but “they” were coming:

The British invasion:

thefunkylama
02-21-2008, 10:20 AM
List of things that are completely worthless, to be amended by myself as I see fit:

Pillow shams. All pillows should be comfortable first and foremost. I don't know who was responsible for making such a phenomenal item of comfort into a purely aesthetic gewgaw, but they need a swift kick in the pillowshams and I'd be more than happy to dispense it.

Hear hear. If I may add to this list, throw blankets which cannot be used for actual warmth retention; and decorative towels in the guest bathroom which are not to be used and require an explanation every time someone walks into the bathroom.

Edit: Also, big soft-and-fluffy-looking comforters on guest beds that are actually made of fiberglass and are not designed to be used, with or without the useless matching pillow shams.

Hannahrain
02-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Guest soaps.

orbit
02-21-2008, 10:36 AM
My ipod just died.

thefunkylama
02-21-2008, 10:42 AM
"art" soaps that are displayed in the bathroom, but which overshadow the actual soap, resulting in art soap usage and host pissing-offage.

wmgaretjax
02-21-2008, 10:42 AM
My ipod just died.

what kind of died? Sad face? Hard-drive clicking? Slam it against the edge of a table. It's worked for me 7 or 8 times.

miscorrections
02-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I slept through one class today, do not plan on going to another one, and the last one was canceled. My life is glorious right now.

roberto73
02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
I take my qualifying exams in a little over two hours. The countdown to anxiety begins now.

Young blood
02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Ok so here’s the deal … I am trying to write a 1000 word essay on why “I wont make it to bonnaroo” and it has to have references to porta potties. Most of you know how screwy I write here, this is different for me, so I am asking for changes you think might make it better … this is just the first part … x****

Bathrooms, urinals, porta potties, they have many names, these small rooms we all go to. They are always there in some form.
The cowboy bars, smoky dark rooms, the smell of a PBR spilled on the floor, discarded hulls of peanut shells hiding under each pointed cowboy boot. These were the early shows I saw. Artists long since dead, but still alive on the jukebox’s of the same bars today: Marty Robbins, Faron Young, Patsy Cline, all icons in their day. They would come to the small clubs back then in Colorado. Holes in the wall by most standards today, and the bathrooms matched. I was only about 5 at the time, and my big sister always had to take me to the little girls bathrooms because I was too young to go by myself. With Johnny cash singing in the background my big sister would hold my hand and we would trudge to the dimly lit bathroom, humming because we didn’t know all the words.

It’s the early 60’s and rock and roll is all over the airwaves. The music of the devil had won and we were all better for it. Occasionally some of the Dick Clark shows would roll into town with 5 or 6 bands, but they could only sing their one or two hit songs. They would then rush off stage and the next “one hit wonder” would dart out the side of the stage,like a cobra attacking it’s prey. Surf’s Up echoed across the US. I liked the surf music best. Jan and Dean singing about that little ole lady from Pasadena. The beach boys, before Dennis died and Brian went temporarily over the edge, making harmonies we had never heard before in rock and roll. We were stuck in the middle of Colorado, but we could still take our boards and surf the white sounds down south, or skateboard up and down the blocks. We heard our mom’s yelling above the noise of the wind shaking the trees. “Dinner is ready and you better get your butt in here”. We rushed eagerly home to eat our mac and fish sticks, of course stopping first to wash our dirty hands in the immaculate bathroom my mom always kept. We stuffed down the food like young sow’s so we could hit the sidewalks again. Friends always wanted me around because I had the first FM portable radio. The surf sound was starting to die now. We still went to a few surf shows, but “they” were coming:

The British invasion:

Roses are red,
Violets are Blue,
Tennessee Sucks,
Thats why I am not attending Bonnaroo

orbit
02-21-2008, 10:53 AM
what kind of died? Sad face? Hard-drive clicking? Slam it against the edge of a table. It's worked for me 7 or 8 times.

Died like died. It doesn't even show the sad face anymore. Slamming against the table used to work, but not now.

Oh well..

Young blood
02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Hold the center button and right on the click wheel at the same time.

canexplain
02-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Roses are red,
Violets are Blue,
Tennessee Sucks,
Thats why I am not attending Bonnaroo

i lived there two different times, and except the music sucked when i was there, tenn is ok ... try living there and let me know ...x****

nationocean
02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
you have to get to the lunch area before everyone else or all the good stuff is gone

Young blood
02-22-2008, 09:03 AM
GV could make a fortune if they rented things like this for the camping areas. Or even sold them as personalized merch for you to take home with you or for you to leave it after the fest so they could donate it to a charity ect.

http://gizmodo.com/358592/bedu-emergency-rapid-response-kit-puts-everything-you-need-to-survive-a-crisis-in-an-oil-drum

amyzzz
02-23-2008, 07:02 AM
I've got the flu. I was hoping I could make it past flu season without getting it....oh well.

Wheres the beef?
02-23-2008, 10:39 PM
http://img.4chan.org/b/src/1203838572603.jpg

NiceArthur32
02-24-2008, 04:09 AM
a bear walks into a bar slams his paw on the bar and says "BARTENDER, give me a beer.............................................. ............... and some peanuts"
the bartender looks at him and asks "Why the big pause?"

a seal walked into a club.

Wheres the beef?
02-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Devestation Sounds is a Friday afternoon reggae show on local radio KZFR in Chico, Ca, Fridays from 3-5pm, hosted by Sanje Dev. The below downloads are probably the dubbiest, crucialest, rootiest reggae sounds you have ever heard.

http://cob22.sharebig.com/share.php?id=s12cohfndrhj916QF

pass: sanje

canexplain
02-25-2008, 01:55 PM
this is a reply to the movie thread, but it really belongs here ...

someone asked a retoric question i guess "did you ever go across the universe?

i will lose some street creed here (if i have any lol) but Randy might understand .... anyway

the acid we used to do, the early stuff, was touted as pure owsley ... dont know if that is true, but i know it was about 10x's more potent, and we would take 6-10 sometimes)

if you are tripping, and you GENTLY push on your eyes, it makes the phospors ? do weird things and you could make yourself see weird lights and things ...

try this sometime ... stand in your bathroom, stare at the mirror, and then turn off the lights .. the room has to be really dark .... what you see then, with your eyes fully open, is what was "burned into" your cornea ... you can move, put your hands right in front of your face, and you cant see any of that for a short while, you almost make yourself some sort of ghost ...

and i (and others of course) could make myself take a certain type of trip ... i used to think (and for a while i think i did believe it) i could make myself go to this other universe .... i could see everything just like it was real .... i got so good at it, the trip would always start off the same, with me in my room, then i would go by the planets and stars that i had learned to recognize from prior trips .... it was all so familar ... then from that point, i could make the trip continue and i would meet new people and see new things .... wacko ... i guess but that was 67-68 and here i am normal just like all you guys :) .....x****

NiceArthur32
02-25-2008, 02:52 PM
back when i was 13, 14, and 15 i used to take lots of acid and i swore i tapped into some other dimension of beings living among us... smurfs actually exist! they live in our grass and theyre EVERYWHERE! millions of them on any given patch of grass, and they sing that little "laaa laaaa, la-la, laa la" song ALL THE TIME, you just got to put your ears close to the grass and listen...

i stopped psychadelics ever since...

boy do i miss them...

Boourns
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Yes. I'm surprised Boourns didn't show up.

I hate to disappoint.

Wheres the beef?
02-25-2008, 08:44 PM
this is a reply to the movie thread, but it really belongs here ...

someone asked a retoric question i guess "did you ever go across the universe?

i will lose some street creed here (if i have any lol) but Randy might understand .... anyway

the acid we used to do, the early stuff, was touted as pure owsley ... dont know if that is true, but i know it was about 10x's more potent, and we would take 6-10 sometimes)

if you are tripping, and you GENTLY push on your eyes, it makes the phospors ? do weird things and you could make yourself see weird lights and things ...

try this sometime ... stand in your bathroom, stare at the mirror, and then turn off the lights .. the room has to be really dark .... what you see then, with your eyes fully open, is what was "burned into" your cornea ... you can move, put your hands right in front of your face, and you cant see any of that for a short while, you almost make yourself some sort of ghost ...

and i (and others of course) could make myself take a certain type of trip ... i used to think (and for a while i think i did believe it) i could make myself go to this other universe .... i could see everything just like it was real .... i got so good at it, the trip would always start off the same, with me in my room, then i would go by the planets and stars that i had learned to recognize from prior trips .... it was all so familar ... then from that point, i could make the trip continue and i would meet new people and see new things .... wacko ... i guess but that was 67-68 and here i am normal just like all you guys :) .....x****

Ron you should try these..............

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f209/carbine000/IMG_4750.jpg

They have taken me places previously only psychadelics could.

STALINZZZ
02-25-2008, 09:01 PM
where do you put your dick?

canexplain
02-26-2008, 10:21 AM
guess we wont see much on here from fla today .... power outtage .. come to think of it, there doesnt seem to be many peeps from fla here anyway ....x****

orbit
02-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Awesome.

IX-gTobCJHs

http://www.nokia.com/NOKIA_COM_1/About_Nokia/Research/Demos/Morph/img/morph_wrist_mode.jpg

Featured in The Museum of Modern Art “Design and The Elastic Mind” exhibition, the Morph concept device is a bridge between highly advanced technologies and their potential benefits to end-users. This device concept showcases some revolutionary leaps being explored by Nokia Research Center (NRC) in collaboration with the Cambridge Nanoscience Centre (United Kingdom) – nanoscale technologies that will potentially create a world of radically different devices that open up an entirely new spectrum of possibilities.

Morph concept technologies might create fantastic opportunities for mobile devices:

* Newly-enabled flexible and transparent materials blend more seamlessly with the way we live
* Devices become self-cleaning and self-preserving
* Transparent electronics offering an entirely new aesthetic dimension
* Built-in solar absorption might charge a device, whilst batteries become smaller, longer lasting and faster to charge
* Integrated sensors might allow us to learn more about the environment around us, empowering us to make better choices

In addition to the advances above, the integrated electronics shown in the Morph concept could cost less and include more functionality in a much smaller space, even as interfaces are simplified and usability is enhanced. All of these new capabilities will unleash new applications and services that will allow us to communicate and interact in unprecedented ways.

[...]

http://www.nokia.com/A4852062

theburiedlife
02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
That is the most amazing thing ever, this should be in the science/science news thread.

gmoneyak
02-26-2008, 11:29 PM
^ I'd find a way to spill a drink on it within a week.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-27-2008, 03:56 AM
Okay, I'm about 99.9% confident that's a Zero 7 song playing underneath that video. Anyone able to tell me which it is? I don't feel like going through their albums trying to find it.

canexplain
02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
i just heard about this gal, in europe, she is pg, on the comode on a train, baby slips out premo, onto the fucking tracks because the hole is just open to the tracks, and is found fine ... wow now that is one tuff kid and kudos to the baby ... wow .. isnt that pretty cool .... x***

NiceArthur32
02-28-2008, 07:49 PM
wait... what about the placenta and umbilical cord?

she wanted it dead...

Young blood
02-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Awesome.

IX-gTobCJHs

http://www.nokia.com/NOKIA_COM_1/About_Nokia/Research/Demos/Morph/img/morph_wrist_mode.jpg

http://www.nokia.com/A4852062

Thats really cool but how are they planning for when the grey goo takes over?

canexplain
02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
wait... what about the placenta and umbilical cord?

she wanted it dead...

beep beep beep .. just reporting the news .......x****

NiceArthur32
02-28-2008, 08:39 PM
i know.. i just want some sort of sick twist to every news story i hear...

lie to me and tell me the lady slit the babies throat and it still survived...

please...

canexplain
02-28-2008, 08:52 PM
i know.. i just want some sort of sick twist to every news story i hear...

lie to me and tell me the lady slit the babies throat and it still survived...

please...

sorry mom and baby at hospital and fine ... now where i could be cynical ... what a great newstory ..you could make money off a situation like that .. and sue the railroad for neglegence sp ... they would have to put little trampoleans sp on the tracks to make sure of no future attemps to sue .... yada yada ... x****

NiceArthur32
02-28-2008, 09:28 PM
heres the link to that story...

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/baby-falls-down-train-toilet-onto-tracks/20080228103909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

talk about having a shitty birth...

Cpt. Funkaho
02-29-2008, 01:56 AM
I was just thinking... what the fuck happened to Colin Farrell? He was in like five movies over the space of a year (2005? 2006?) and then I've never seen him in anything since.

I don't WANT to see him in anything ever again, I was just wondering if he died or something. Needless to say, I'm too lazy to trot over to IMDB.

NiceArthur32
02-29-2008, 02:23 AM
he's in that horrible looking "bruges" movie... and he was filming some "imaginarium" movie when that gay clown guy from batman died...

algunz
02-29-2008, 08:49 AM
he's in that horrible looking "bruges" movie... and he was filming some "imaginarium" movie when that gay clown guy from batman died...

Nice, you are not very nice.

Hannahrain
02-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Supposedly, Jude Law, Johnny Depp, and Colin Farrell have all been cast to extend Ledger's role.

Bud Luster
02-29-2008, 09:00 AM
that gay clown guy from batman died...

the first funny thing you have posted, and it only took 350 posts...

gratytrainridesagain
02-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Supposedly, Jude Law, Johnny Depp, and Colin Farrell have all been cast to extend Ledger's role.

In some Terry Giliam movie right I think I read that somewhere

Hannahrain
02-29-2008, 09:08 AM
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Tom Waits plays the Devil.

gratytrainridesagain
02-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Awesome, but I'd have to say the coolest devil is Bowie in Last Temptation Of Christ

NiceArthur32
02-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Nice, you are not very nice.

i'm nice, it says so on my name!

the first funny thing you have posted, and it only took 350 posts...

1 out of 350 isnt bad.

NiceArthur32
02-29-2008, 02:28 PM
i bought a shirt at the gift shop in the sears tower in chicago that says "Illinois youre nothing without Chicago" and today i saw the funniest shirt EVER! it read "Kansas youre nothing."

just had to share that..

marooko
03-01-2008, 08:01 PM
come oooonnnnnnn, silva.

marooko
03-01-2008, 08:34 PM
he's fucking unstopable. hahahah

garrett222
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know the measurements of the lineup posters for sale in the coachella store?

Mr.Nipples
03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2294/s13horseheadfq4.jpg

BROKENDOLL
03-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Is that your new trusty steed, Mr. Nipples? Very nice...

canexplain
03-05-2008, 10:06 AM
this is what i do at work too ... its too bad people take it personally like its me stopping them and not rules and regulations ..... x****

DENVER (AP) - Travelers using Denver International Airport's free Wi-Fi service cannot visit Internet sites that airport officials consider provocative.
A report in The Denver Post says the airport is blocking Vanity Fair magazine's Web site, the hipster site boingboing.net and others.

Airport spokesman Chuck Cannon says officials decided to block access to potentially racy sites when the airport made its wireless internet service free in November.

Cannon says the airport would rather deal with infrequent complaints about access than handle angry parents whose children might see pornography.

Critics say the airport is using the same technology used by repressive regimes in Sudan and Kuwait.

Young blood
03-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I dont give a shit if you have seen it. This is funny looks like....

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4f551b0252

Young blood
03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
jesus h christ I love this show and I have never seen it

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/61f64d8204

Hannahrain
03-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm going to do another round of postcards. PM address if you'd like one.

kreutz2112
03-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Human Giant is awesome. They had it on demand for a while if you had comcast so I saw the whole first season. I think it's coming out on DVD soon. I cant wait for the second season.

Courtney
03-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm going to do another round of postcards. PM address if you'd like one.

No love.

Which is to say, I thought you were going to send me one a long time ago and then you never sent anything and then my feelings were hurt.

Hannahrain
03-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I know. You are owed.

theburiedlife
03-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Human Giant is awesome. They had it on demand for a while if you had comcast so I saw the whole first season. I think it's coming out on DVD soon. I cant wait for the second season.

I'm surprised I haven't seen that show before, which makes me wonder if the first season is worth renting. Will Arnette made that, so I'm not fully convinced MTV can produce genuinely entertaining material.

kreutz2112
03-06-2008, 10:07 AM
The first season is worth it.

marooko
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
we're on revision 6 of this damn job and i just got an email right before lunch moving 2 beams, which affects 5 sheets. i can't imagine they really wanna build this thing.

anyone in Berkeley wanna take pictures? it's the Berkeley bowl on Heinz ave. I'm sure some of it is up, but don't think it's too far.

NiceArthur32
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
HUMAN GIANT IS AWESOME!!!

this, along with the Doritos clip i posted in the Non-Youtube video thread are my favorite skits EVER!!!

these guys are genius!

aOxHsQHepgU

NiceArthur32
03-06-2008, 02:02 PM
haaa haaaaa hahahaha... that clip is awesome...

::sigh::

amyzzz
03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2007/10/03/wtesco103.jpg
They opened this store yesterday about a mile from my house, and we went for the first time this morning. I love this store. :pulse :pulse :pulse
A non-cook's paradise.

Mr.Nipples
03-07-2008, 02:08 PM
god damn...
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/74-Frank-Zappa-Gibson-Les-Paul-Gold-Top-Guitar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28272QQihZ011QQi temZ320225256789QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

STALINZZZ
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Every time I go to espn.com my fucking computer freezes. I am about to throw it against the wall.

miscorrections
03-07-2008, 05:44 PM
People, help me decide because the internet always has an opinion. Should I or should I not go to a party tonight?

Pros: I like parties.

Cons: I won't know too many people, also I should work on a final paper. But if I stayed home I wouldn't work on it anyway, so that's probably not a factor.

NiceArthur32
03-07-2008, 06:23 PM
go out... have some drinks and make new friends...

make it a goal to meet one new person tonight and become their friend...

or watch "FREE RADIO" on Vh1 at 9:00 or 9:30 and tell me what you think of my friends performance... he's the guy with the mustache who can't speak english on the show...

=)

theburiedlife
03-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I never go to parties really, just kickbacks. It's hard to find a decent one in north county.

If you're enthusiastic about going, do it. If you just feel like you'll be uncomfortable and the party will just be a waste of your time, just punch out that essay.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-07-2008, 09:07 PM
pimp c beuatchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHhHhHHhH

miscorrections
03-08-2008, 01:10 AM
It was pretty good. I danced a lot. Now I can't really feel anything because I drank too much.

gmoneyak
03-08-2008, 01:15 AM
god damn...
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/74-Frank-Zappa-Gibson-Les-Paul-Gold-Top-Guitar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28272QQihZ011QQi temZ320225256789QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1st time seller, shady...

gmoneyak
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
This Duke/UNC game is fucking insane...

AND that's 1000 Posts for me:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f178/Gmoneyak2/tits.jpg

Hor-Fucking-ray!!

amyzzz
03-09-2008, 12:38 AM
oh dang. I just tried to go to the victoria's secret website at 2:30am because I'm jonesing to consume, and the freakin website is down for routine maintenance. SUCK. I NEED those freakin houndstooth hiphugger shorts, like NOW.

canexplain
03-12-2008, 09:41 AM
i had my 10th grandkid last week :) i did tell them to CUT IT OUT though .... x****

amyzzz
03-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Congrats, Ron! How many kids do you have?

edit: and which kids are pumping out all those children?

canexplain
03-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Congrats, Ron! How many kids do you have?

edit: and which kids are pumping out all those children?

legally (nothing really meant by that cept a couple of kids sort of think of me as their dad) one son from my first marriage who i never see, and then two daughters ..... cinnamon and tiffany .... x****

NiceArthur32
03-12-2008, 12:57 PM
all it took was 589 posts for me to remove the coachella forum from my bookmarks...

Young blood
03-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Ron I dont know how long you have lived in Denver but I came across this article. I grew up about three miles from this place and still live about a mile from it. It was a bit before my time. I was more interested in the McDonalds across the street growing up because it was the only one at the time that had a playground. Anyways its cool to drive by here and know a lot of music history was made there.

Rainbow Music Hall about to take its last bow
Former venue, host to rock 'n' roll legends, will be demolished soon
Nearly two decades after Denver's legendary Rainbow Music Hall shut down and turned into a drugstore, the building that hosted U2, Bob Dylan, Prince and The Police will be demolished.

"Aw, (expletive)," promoter Barry Fey said upon hearing the news. "A lot of great memories in that building."

The building at East Evans Avenue and South Monaco Parkway will close in about a month, said Carol Hively, corporate spokeswoman for Walgreens. The store's pharmacy will be housed temporarily across the street from the site while a new, larger Walgreens is built on the Rainbow site, she said.

Although the building's rock days are long gone, the original Rainbow Music Hall sign still stands at the building. The company is committed to keeping the historic sign, Hively said, and will petition the city to allow it to stay when the new building is finished.

"It would be sad to see the sign come down," Fey said. "It was a landmark."

A who's who of rock 'n' roll, including more than a dozen Rock and Roll Hall of Fame members, passed through the 1,400- seat building in 10 years and more than 1,000 concerts.

Jerry Jeff Walker opened the place on Jan. 26, 1979; Monsters of Thrash was the final show in November 1988. In between it hosted Miles Davis, Robin Williams, Talking Heads, Cheap Trick and hundreds more. In October 1981 the Rolling Stones came very close to playing a secret show there, to the point where banners and tickets were printed. But the band called off the plans after its Folsom Field concert.

The Rainbow started life as a three- screen movie theater; Fey tore down the walls between the screens to make one large and oddly shaped concert venue where no seat was more than 70 feet from the stage.

"It was a very small, tight, packed place," said Kevin Oxley, who worked security at the Rainbow in the '80s. "It was really a classic place, just one big party atmosphere. By 7 o'clock in the morning people would be lining up around the building, partying and having a great time."

Stars such as Stevie Nicks hung out after her show and signed autographs for fans, and Fey was an ubiquitous presence, Oxley said. "It was one of Barry Fey's little gems. He was always there, every night."

Chuck Morris, now Denver's most prominent concert promoter, opened the place with Fey and booked 173 shows the first year alone. He remembered seeing U2 in 1981 and immediately calling their high- powered booking agent in New York.

"I woke up Frank Barcelona at 2 in the morning telling him it was the greatest band I'd ever seen," Morris recalled. "I expected him to scream at me, but he said, 'Chuck, it's the best phone call I've ever woken up for.' The next day I took them up to Red Rocks and said 'Someday you're going to play here.' "

One April, the place held 29 shows in 30 days. A young Mayor John Hickenlooper attended local-band nights. Catering was a King Soopers deli tray. Two-dollar concert nights helped launch the careers of Devo, Pat Benatar, U2 and The Police.

"Most of those $2 shows were amazing shows. These bands were out working the streets. They were playing to the fans," Rainbow manager Dave McKay said.

It was a different era with some interesting high jinks with the stars who played there.

"Andy Kaufman was absolutely hysterical. I got a limo for him to drive around all night to unnamed places," Morris said. "He used it till 6 in the morning. I never asked the limo driver where he took him, but I heard it was some interesting places."

Even in '81 Prince was a diva, McKay recalled.

"I remember everyone saying you can't make eye contact with him, even then. He was untouchable," McKay said.

Dylan played three shows at the Rainbow in January 1980 on his first tour after converting to Christianity, an era when he was playing only his new Christian songs and no classics. Fey recalled a concertgoer calling out mid-set: "Hey Bob - Jesus likes the hits, too!"

the comments on the article are pretty cool.....people talking about the shows they saw there...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/11/the-last-waltz-for-site-of-rock-history/

canexplain
03-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey Ron I dont know how long you have lived in Denver but I came across this article. I grew up about three miles from this place and still live about a mile from it. It was a bit before my time. I was more interested in the McDonalds across the street growing up because it was the only one at the time that had a playground. Anyways its cool to drive by here and know a lot of music history was made there.

Rainbow Music Hall about to take its last bow
Former venue, host to rock 'n' roll legends, will be demolished soon
Nearly two decades after Denver's legendary Rainbow Music Hall shut down and turned into a drugstore, the building that hosted U2, Bob Dylan, Prince and The Police will be demolished.

"Aw, (expletive)," promoter Barry Fey said upon hearing the news. "A lot of great memories in that building."

The building at East Evans Avenue and South Monaco Parkway will close in about a month, said Carol Hively, corporate spokeswoman for Walgreens. The store's pharmacy will be housed temporarily across the street from the site while a new, larger Walgreens is built on the Rainbow site, she said.

Although the building's rock days are long gone, the original Rainbow Music Hall sign still stands at the building. The company is committed to keeping the historic sign, Hively said, and will petition the city to allow it to stay when the new building is finished.

"It would be sad to see the sign come down," Fey said. "It was a landmark."

A who's who of rock 'n' roll, including more than a dozen Rock and Roll Hall of Fame members, passed through the 1,400- seat building in 10 years and more than 1,000 concerts.

Jerry Jeff Walker opened the place on Jan. 26, 1979; Monsters of Thrash was the final show in November 1988. In between it hosted Miles Davis, Robin Williams, Talking Heads, Cheap Trick and hundreds more. In October 1981 the Rolling Stones came very close to playing a secret show there, to the point where banners and tickets were printed. But the band called off the plans after its Folsom Field concert.

The Rainbow started life as a three- screen movie theater; Fey tore down the walls between the screens to make one large and oddly shaped concert venue where no seat was more than 70 feet from the stage.

"It was a very small, tight, packed place," said Kevin Oxley, who worked security at the Rainbow in the '80s. "It was really a classic place, just one big party atmosphere. By 7 o'clock in the morning people would be lining up around the building, partying and having a great time."

Stars such as Stevie Nicks hung out after her show and signed autographs for fans, and Fey was an ubiquitous presence, Oxley said. "It was one of Barry Fey's little gems. He was always there, every night."

Chuck Morris, now Denver's most prominent concert promoter, opened the place with Fey and booked 173 shows the first year alone. He remembered seeing U2 in 1981 and immediately calling their high- powered booking agent in New York.

"I woke up Frank Barcelona at 2 in the morning telling him it was the greatest band I'd ever seen," Morris recalled. "I expected him to scream at me, but he said, 'Chuck, it's the best phone call I've ever woken up for.' The next day I took them up to Red Rocks and said 'Someday you're going to play here.' "

One April, the place held 29 shows in 30 days. A young Mayor John Hickenlooper attended local-band nights. Catering was a King Soopers deli tray. Two-dollar concert nights helped launch the careers of Devo, Pat Benatar, U2 and The Police.

"Most of those $2 shows were amazing shows. These bands were out working the streets. They were playing to the fans," Rainbow manager Dave McKay said.

It was a different era with some interesting high jinks with the stars who played there.

"Andy Kaufman was absolutely hysterical. I got a limo for him to drive around all night to unnamed places," Morris said. "He used it till 6 in the morning. I never asked the limo driver where he took him, but I heard it was some interesting places."

Even in '81 Prince was a diva, McKay recalled.

"I remember everyone saying you can't make eye contact with him, even then. He was untouchable," McKay said.

Dylan played three shows at the Rainbow in January 1980 on his first tour after converting to Christianity, an era when he was playing only his new Christian songs and no classics. Fey recalled a concertgoer calling out mid-set: "Hey Bob - Jesus likes the hits, too!"

that was a great venue for its time ... of some of the mentioned shows, i caught the dylan and talking heads show, but way above those shows, i saw the U2 show there right after they put out Boy? ... it wasnt even sold out if i remember right .... yikes, cant you see the line now if those people played there ... x**** we should hang some time and talk about denver and the music .....

Young blood
03-12-2008, 01:29 PM
ahhhhh cr****.......<3.....we have met. We will meet again.

Young blood
03-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Heres someones post re the rainbow hall:

Posted by raysmom on March 12, 2008 at 3:20 p.m. (Suggest removal)

Summer of 1981- U2's first Denver concert, with the lead-in band The Brains. I actually went to see The Brains (I was a 20 year old punker). There were about 50 people there, and we had Bono & CO all to ourselves. It was unbelievable- U2 was more raw and did almost all of the "Boy" album. In November they came back around, and by then, the place was packed! Third row seats, middle, and they were already so much more seasoned. The first show was $2, and we were OUTRAGED that the second show was a whole $12! 2 years ago, I took my teenage son to the Pepsi Center to see U2 for $450 for (2) club level seats- it was still worth it! Imagine, me as a teenager and my son as a teenager, rockin' to the same band! Thank you, Rainbow, for that memory and many others!

shakermaker113
03-12-2008, 06:34 PM
pollstar has some weird choice of bands in their titles.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/shakermaker113/pollstar.jpg

gratytrainridesagain
03-13-2008, 04:00 PM
So I think I just seen this girl I used to date on a maury clip does anyone know where I could find the episode I already tried youtube

orbit
03-13-2008, 06:25 PM
you are the father?

Hannahrain
03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Ok, I am ready to play internet now. Ready, go.

Also, from this point forward, anyone who uses the phrase "I seen..." etc. is going on ignore, unless they're doing it to bug me intentionally. In which case, they're probably already on ignore. Seriously, fuck you for trying to bug me intentionally.

STALINZZZ
03-13-2008, 09:58 PM
the internet has not been worth playing today.

Hannahrain
03-13-2008, 09:59 PM
WELL, FIX IT.

Hannahrain
03-15-2008, 09:22 PM
http://www.instructables.com/id/Hack-a-Toilet-for-free-water./

Hannahrain
03-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Also http://www.instructables.com/id/Mouse-Taxidermy/

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 09:15 AM
You just hide in here, Hannah. Come out into the light and get melted.

Hannahrain
03-16-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't like it out there. There are bad dudes hanging around all the time. BAD DUDES.

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 09:28 AM
With vans. Come on, Hannah, get in the van. You like Barbies? Huh? You like ice cream? I got FUDGESICLES! Come on...

Hannahrain
03-16-2008, 09:37 AM
I DON'T KNOW YOU STOP IT SOMEBODY HELP I'M BEING STOLEN

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 09:43 AM
GET IN THE FUCKING VAN!

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 09:46 AM
fudgesicles?

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Not that kind, homo.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 09:56 AM
i need to stop making it so easy for you, it's just too fun though

canexplain
03-16-2008, 10:05 AM
الحرب تقتل

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 10:32 AM
الحرب تقتل

Ew. That's just gross, Ron. Don't say that about him.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 10:51 AM
i should know how to read that, me being half arab and all (that is arabic isnt it?)

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Wait, you're half arab?

Well, now I'm not going anywhere near your gloryhole tent.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 10:58 AM
you wouldn't be able to tell, technically i'm half arab/colombian but i'm a total white boy

and you know you are, don't kid yourself

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I might very well have to walk around with my video camera around 3 am just going up to every tent and yelling, "HEY, IS THIS THE GAY ORGY TENT?! NO?! SO... YOU DON'T HAVE A GLORYHOLE ANYWHERE IN THIS ONE?! OKAY. SORRY!" Then do it again to the next right next door. And so on, and so forth...

Ron, this is a good example of how to make your documentary project interesting.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 11:03 AM
what happens once you find it? (im afraid to ask)

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to tell which one is it before I have to ask. It'll get skipped.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 11:05 AM
i'm hoping for a special guest appearance

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Get used to disappointment: http://www.viceland.com/int/dd.php?id=1301&country=us

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 11:14 AM
it's all good, I plan on being on the outside of the gloryhole tent, poking in

g0k1ngsg0
03-17-2008, 02:05 PM
FUCK! New camel lights blend of tobacco!

Hannahrain
03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Isn't "grivet" a type of monkey? Man, I really do not get Jesus.

Mrs. Sandra Johnson <sandrajh@web.de>
Subject: Please Endeavor to Use It for the Children of God.
Date: March 17, 2008 11:31:41 PM PDT
To: Hannah at Hannah's email dot internet

Mother Sandra Johnson.

Beloved in the Lord Jesus Christ, PLEASE ENDEAVOUR TO USE IT FOR THE CHILDREN OF GOD.

[Blah blah blah someone died I'm rich but it's a secret I need your help]

The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that grivet. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit
this money and my husband's relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's hard earned money to be misused by unbelievers.

I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner, hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid
of death hence I know where I am going.

I know that I am going to be in the bossom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace. With
God all things are possible.

Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein.

Note, this must be kept confidentially from eyes and ears of my husband's family. Hoping to hear from you.

Reply me and Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.

Regards,

Mrs. Sandra Johnson.

algunz
03-17-2008, 10:49 PM
I think a bit more explanation may be necessary, and yes a grivet is a monkey.

I learn something new everyday on these boards.

Hannahrain
03-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I think a bit more explanation may be necessary

It really isn't.

algunz
03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
I guess I'm slow.

Did you inherit some money and are you the children of God?

Cpt. Funkaho
03-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Based on recent set lists, Metric probably won't play "The Police And The Private" at Coachella, and that makes me a little sad.

mountmccabe
03-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I guess I'm slow.

Did you inherit some money and are you the children of God?

That email reads like a fun new type of scam letter.

STALINZZZ
03-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Isn't "grivet" a type of monkey? Man, I really do not get Jesus.

giveth

Based on recent set lists, Metric probably won't play "The Police And The Private" at Coachella, and that makes me a little sad.

As long as they play "Hustle Rose" I will be happy.

canexplain
03-19-2008, 08:15 AM
yesterday, at work, i worked 25 minutes and that is all ... boring but not as bad as hard work i guess ... today, i havent done anything yet ....x****

yuck i just saw this online (detroit figures) x****

Authorities say the couple admit burning the baby's body in a barbecue grill — to save on funeral costs — and hiding the remains in the ceiling of a home once occupied by the boyfriend's sister.

Hannahrain
03-21-2008, 02:12 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/10mosthistoricallyinaccurate.html

Scroll to the bottom.

canexplain
03-21-2008, 02:32 PM
we should all meet here for dinner....x****

Tasting Seminar & Lunch
Date and Time : April 7th(Mon.)
Tasting seminar starts at 11:00
Lunch starts at 12:00
Price : 15,000 yen/person
Program : Tasting seminar, special lunch course, and drink
You are invited to enjoy a tasting seminar presented by the chief sommelier of Group Alain Ducasse and Hiroshi Ishida, Dining Manager of "Beige Tokyo," as well as a special lunch course

Hannahrain
03-25-2008, 09:42 AM
I just opened the front door to let the cat out, and there were some religious people waiting on the other side, but they hadn't knocked and so I didn't know they were there, and my mouth was full and I was chewing and swearing at the cat and all of a sudden I looked up and some guys were staring at me in my pajamas with my morning hair and my obscenity. And my mouth was full, so I couldn't right away explain that I had no idea they were standing out there and I had to just stare while I finished chewing and they stared back.

Melanie.Dawn
03-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Was it the johos? Jahovas I mean.

TomAz
03-25-2008, 11:13 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/10mosthistoricallyinaccurate.html

Scroll to the bottom.

I had no idea Marcus Aruelius died of chicken pox.

cool link Hannah.

canexplain
03-25-2008, 12:10 PM
well the ghost busters hat is on its way on a little trip :) watch for it at coachella ....x****

amyzzz
03-25-2008, 12:23 PM
So you're giving it to someone who is going to Coachella, or YOU are going to Coachella with it, Ron? I'm confused.

BROKENDOLL
03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
well the ghost busters hat is on its way on a little trip :) watch for it at coachella ....x**** Hmmm, if I remember correctly, isn't Randy sportin' the hat? And....that "other" hat as well?

canexplain
03-25-2008, 02:08 PM
So you're giving it to someone who is going to Coachella, or YOU are going to Coachella with it, Ron? I'm confused.

its a surprise and i am not suppose to say anything :) tnx for asking though x****

amyzzz
03-25-2008, 02:27 PM
okie doke.

algunz
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
okaleedokalee

thelastgreatman
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
its a surprise and i am not suppose to say anything :) tnx for asking though x****

I totally called it when you first mentioned you would be doing this, so it better be me, Ron. Or the dog suit DIES.

BROKENDOLL
03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Hello. I'm from the Humane Society, care to elaborate?

Hannahrain
03-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I had no idea Marcus Aruelius died of chicken pox.

cool link Hannah.

I was posting more because of 2001: A Space Odyssey's inclusion on a list of historically inaccurate movies.

amyzzz
03-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Ah, because it was put out in the past before the actual year 2001 happened. I get it. heh.

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Because it's a fucking SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE.

amyzzz
03-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Well, yeah.

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 08:03 AM
All the other ones are dramatized history. A sci-fi has no business being on a historically inaccurate movie list, since sci-fi as a genre basically demands historic inaccuracy.

Young blood
03-26-2008, 08:08 AM

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 08:13 AM
I can't believe this isn't as preposterous to you people as it is to me. You're all messed in the head.

Young blood
03-26-2008, 08:19 AM
It would be preposterous if I was still living in 1994, but I have since moved on.

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 08:20 AM
You're historically inaccurate.

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 08:22 AM
This whole courtroom is historically inaccurate!

Young blood
03-26-2008, 08:22 AM
2008 texted.....

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 08:23 AM
I expected more from you, J.

Young blood
03-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Why do you always have to put your expectations on me? IM NOT PERFECT OKAY! IM NOT YOUR PERFECT LITTLE DARLING!

I want a divorce.

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I just want the last ten posts back.

Young blood
03-26-2008, 08:29 AM
You can't. Its all in the past now. History. Welcome to now.

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure I'm ready to play the field again. Maybe we should try to work it out.

Young blood
03-26-2008, 08:37 AM
yeah......Ill text you.......or email.......I gotta go the kids are crying.

thestripe
03-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Young Blood lives a double life. He's cheating on you.

algunz
03-26-2008, 09:02 AM
I agree with you Hannah, that is preposterous.

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Thank you. It'd be like putting Wag the Dog on a list of the best puppy movies.

thelastgreatman
03-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Fuck that--that's just very, very funny. The obelisk turning apes to men being a historical inaccuracy... hehehe

Young blood
03-26-2008, 09:23 AM
choose a side lil wang.

thinnerair
03-26-2008, 09:25 AM
go big or go home

thinnerair
03-26-2008, 09:51 AM
http://mosh.nokia.com/content/32EAC8BB82891286E040050AEE041F49

Young blood
03-26-2008, 09:59 AM
2v_ODu3CU0o

canexplain
03-26-2008, 10:12 AM
new soda .....x****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/lolcatsoda.png

canexplain
03-26-2008, 10:17 AM
"why invest in real estate ... you can never lose money with land" ..... x****

--Statewide, median sales prices fell by a stunning 26% in February, with home prices dropping at a rate of nearly $3,000 a week, the California Association of Realtors reports. Further, the CAR says the Fed's interest rate-cutting campaign "will have little near-term direct effect on the housing market."

amyzzz
03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
I read in the paper that house prices went up in February here in Arizona. Or was that March? March is almost over.

thinnerair
03-26-2008, 11:14 AM
sZnwmvZhDz4

TURKEYS!!!!

canexplain
03-26-2008, 01:25 PM
etc: etc: did the cat get your tongue ....x****

mob roulette
03-26-2008, 05:59 PM
So.

Campbell Soup Company CPB 33.28 a share
Hormel Foods Corporation HRL 40.99 a share
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. WMT 52.90 a share

These are all going to go up at least a half dozen points between now and the election, possibly more. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking some up. Don't say I never gave you anything. That is all.

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Ready? I'm going to one-up your default.

http://www.ktvu.com/health/15702121/detail.html

mob roulette
03-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Dad?

Hannahrain
03-26-2008, 06:03 PM
We oughta get you a hysterectomy just in case. Good thing you've been investing wisely, those are pretty expensive.

canexplain
03-27-2008, 04:36 AM
so for a lot of reasons i have rainbows on the player.. funny how if this was some band not rh .. we would say what an ab cd... tough to follow thru eh .. x*****

thelastgreatman
03-27-2008, 04:39 AM
Ron, what in almighty fuck are you saying?

mob roulette
03-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Cough. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_V_Shaney)

algunz
03-27-2008, 07:47 AM

I don't even understand what this is talking about.

mob roulette
03-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Ron, what in almighty fuck are you saying?

I don't even understand what this is talking about.

See for yourself. (http://www.yisongyue.com/shaney/)

mob roulette
03-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Come on Algunz. Keep up. These are the chestnuts.

algunz
03-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Sorry, I still don't get it. It's like a different language.

amyzzz
03-27-2008, 04:44 PM
so for a lot of reasons i have rainbows on the player.. funny how if this was some band not rh .. we would say what an ab cd... tough to follow thru eh .. x*****
like this?
funny how if this was some band not rh ..

we would say what an ab cd...

tough to follow thru eh ..

x***** tough to follow thru eh ..

x***** x***** x***** funny how if this was some band not rh ..

we would say what an ab cd...

tough to follow thru eh ..

x***** x***** funny how if this was some band not rh ..

amyzzz
03-27-2008, 04:44 PM
this is friggin gibberish.

canexplain
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
ok, i was a little trashed when i wrote that but it made sense to me ... what i was saying , constructed as opposed to deconstructed as we do here .. i had rainbows on the player .. if it would not have been radiohead and i put that cd on, i would have said , wow what a great cd ... instead, since it was RH, people say, oh it not as good as HTTC, .... or things like that , it is really a very good cd ... did the cat get your tongue :) ... x****

amyzzz
03-27-2008, 05:01 PM
In Rainbows is my favorite Radiohead CD.

amyzzz
03-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Hey, I actually responding to Ron's post.

thelastgreatman
03-27-2008, 06:17 PM
ok, i was a little trashed when i wrote that but it made sense to me ... what i was saying , constructed as opposed to deconstructed as we do here .. i had rainbows on the player .. if it would not have been radiohead and i put that cd on, i would have said , wow what a great cd ... instead, since it was RH, people say, oh it not as good as HTTC, .... or things like that , it is really a very good cd ... did the cat get your tongue :) ... x****

I dig, Ron. Sorry, but that was fucking unintelligible. And although there was some backlash response, Rainbows still got reviewed through the roof in general. I just listened to it again myself recently, and I can't escape Videotape. That song fucking crushes me like few others. One of their absolute best.

canexplain
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
We oughta get you a hysterectomy just in case. Good thing you've been investing wisely, those are pretty expensive.

well my bonnieroo just had that done to her yesterday ... plus an operation for a hernia ... poor baby, she is only about three ... anyway gross pic ...x****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/BONNIE.jpg

Hannahrain
03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm going to be honest, I'm not really sure how that arrangement of creases actually fits onto a puppy. I'll just take your word for it.

marooko
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
will the south rise again?

canexplain
03-28-2008, 07:24 AM
so my gal will be gone for almost a month ... its weird living alone again .... x****

amyzzz
03-28-2008, 07:32 AM
I just got a star added to this thread. I can't believe it was at 2 stars.

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 07:34 AM
puke****

puke******

puke***********

=(

amyzzz
03-28-2008, 07:49 AM
You need to stop drinking, clearly.

TomAz
03-28-2008, 07:50 AM
and start drinking opaquely?

canexplain
03-28-2008, 07:51 AM
You need to stop drinking, clearly.

i thought maybe the comment was for the dog surgery ..... maybe not then ...x****

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 07:52 AM
i thought maybe the comment was for the dog surgery ..... maybe not then ...x****

i canexplain

eh?

eh?

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

damn, i seriously need to stop drinking...

amyzzz
03-28-2008, 07:54 AM
and start drinking opaquely?
You missed the comma, wiseguy.

algunz
03-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Nice doesn't need to get an fuzzier.

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 07:55 AM
fuzzy wuzzy was a bear.

algunz
03-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair.

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 08:01 AM
oooooooooh...

he shaves...

NICE!

GIGITTY GIGGITTY!

canexplain
03-28-2008, 08:30 AM
i never have understood how if someone doesnt like how i type or make a post, why not just put me on ignore ..... i drive randy crazy sometimes, but he still reads them lol ....x****

Hannahrain
03-28-2008, 08:40 AM
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8377714

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 09:00 AM
why have i NEVER heard the fucking awesomeness that is Katie Melua?????

hate all you want, she's fucking awesome...

amyzzz
03-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I think the problem, Ron, is many of us WANT to read your posts, but we can't understand them.

Blinken
03-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey why was the thread about the Emos getting beat down deleted. It wasn't like we were saying it was a good idea or anything. Infact i think most of us thought it was pretty horrible. But why was it deleted?

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
were they talking about the thing that happened in mexico?

Blinken
03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah, that is exactly what we were discussing

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 09:36 AM
that was fucking AWESOME!

i heard the emos ran up to the other kids, pulled out their knives and started cutting themselves...

BROKENDOLL
03-28-2008, 09:45 AM
I cut myself last nite while slicing lemons at work...Does that make me Emo?

gratytrainridesagain
03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
What's the best part about having an emo lawn?

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
it CUTS ITSELF!

I cut myself last nite while slicing lemons at work...Does that make me Emo?

and i think that makes you Lemo....

canexplain
03-28-2008, 09:52 AM
this is sort of interesting:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1725947,00.html?cnn=yes

earth hour ... i would have thought i would have seen or heard more about it ... guess i will do it just for the heck of it ..... x****

amyzzz
03-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I meant to post a thread about the Earth Hour.

Blinken
03-28-2008, 09:57 AM
I will turn off the lights for an hour, if i remember, I am going to be doing acid for the first time. So it will work perfectly :)

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
this is sort of interesting:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1725947,00.html?cnn=yes

earth hour ... i would have thought i would have seen or heard more about it ... guess i will do it just for the heck of it ..... x****

Yeah, I meant to post a thread about the Earth Hour.

did you guys NOT see my "I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU" thread???

get with it guys!!!

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17398

canexplain
03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
I will turn off the lights for an hour, if i remember, I am going to be doing acid for the first time. So it will work perfectly :)

me too (oh i forgot about the other 400 times :)) x**** jk on the me too though, i just dont have the connections i used to have ....

canexplain
03-28-2008, 10:01 AM
did you guys NOT see my "I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU" thread???

get with it guys!!!

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17398

i did read it, but i never watch posted vids and the thread got off track after your very first post i guess ....x****

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 10:03 AM
well it was a totally different thread..

then i edited it to make it more family friendly...

so i guess its my fault nobody saw the Earth Hour vid...

i'm a little surprised los angeles is not one of the major cities participating...

Blinken
03-28-2008, 10:23 AM
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1725547,00.html

This is a very interesting read about the state of the youth it Britain. I had no idea the kids over there were this bad. I always about American kids and gangs being very bad, but wow.

amyzzz
03-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Maybe they need to raise the age limit for drinking in Britain.

denies the day
03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey why was the thread about the Emos getting beat down deleted. It wasn't like we were saying it was a good idea or anything. Infact i think most of us thought it was pretty horrible. But why was it deleted?

I noticed that also. Didn't you start the thread? I think only the moderators can delete a thread besides the OP.

and i think that makes you Lemo....

i lol'd

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 10:28 AM
its funny how my brothers baby's momma tells my little nephew "if you dont stop being bad ARTHUR is gonna wake up and get you"

lol... i just heard her yell that to him....

denies the day
03-28-2008, 10:29 AM
its funny how my brothers baby's momma tells my little nephew "if you dont stop being bad ARTHUR is gonna wake up and get you

Are you the cucuy?

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 10:29 AM
ha ha..

i guess in that little 1 year olds world, i am...

Blinken
03-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I noticed that also. Didn't you start the thread? I think only the moderators can delete a thread besides the OP.

i lol'd

Yes i did start it. So it had to have been PF (or maybe Menki), i just can't figure out why.

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
i went from 800 something posts at 9:50 am to almost a thousand...

yay!

oh, what a drunken morning can accomplish...

thelastgreatman
03-28-2008, 11:44 AM
London's kids are pussies. We're all pussies, actually, compared to Brazil. Your average 11 year old from a favela has a 1000 yard stare times 20 and a mature outlook--TRUE maturity, in that they know they are simply matter and will die and do not care--that none of us will probably ever achieve before we take that sleep. Here's an article for ya, although I believe I posted it once a LONG time ago.

http://www.fradical.com/in_the_fight_clubs_of_rio_monday.htm

Blinken
03-28-2008, 11:55 AM

yay!

oh, what a drunken morning can accomplish...

I knew you were drunk. Following people and shit.

canexplain
03-28-2008, 11:59 AM
London's kids are pussies. We're all pussies, actually, compared to Brazil. Your average 11 year old from a favela has a 1000 yard stare times 20 and a mature outlook--TRUE maturity, in that they know they are simply matter and will die and do not care--that none of us will probably ever achieve before we take that sleep. Here's an article for ya, although I believe I posted it once a LONG time ago.

http://www.fradical.com/in_the_fight_clubs_of_rio_monday.htm

yea maybe they do grow up faster ... did you read the article today about the 16 year old in south america that says he has killed 12 people in the last three months ....yikes ... i know when i drove all thru mexico one summer, at the checkpoints, a lot of the gun toters were about 16 ...x****

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 12:04 PM
I knew you were drunk. Following people and shit.

i just kept clicking the "new posts" link...

like i usually do...

i think everyone was following ME!!!

canexplain
03-28-2008, 12:32 PM
fun family fact:

my little sister was asked to the senior prom by luke skywalker , and she turned him down ....x****

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 12:34 PM
so SHE'S the reason he became incestual...

Blinken
03-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Fun Family Fact:

My mom used to work at Avis and Mick Jager came in to rent a car and started hitting on her. She had no clue who "this ugly bastard" was and turned him down while the other girls where freaking out. He tried again when he returned the car only to be rejected again, this time she knew who he was though.

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 12:46 PM
fun family fact:

my aunt has cancer.

**womp womp**

i sure am a Daniel Downer

Blinken
03-28-2008, 12:47 PM
why are you drunk so early in the day?

BROKENDOLL
03-28-2008, 12:49 PM

yay!

oh, what a drunken morning can accomplish... Posts: 968...That's one of the annoying thing about drunks... They really aren't all that funny first thing in the morning...The drunker they get, the cuter they think they are...And their ability to be accurate with words and numbers is based upon their level of drunkeness. Arthur, dear...at the rate you're going, that nephew of yours will be in charge of parental guidance here real soon...

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 01:02 PM
why are you drunk so early in the day?

i drank a lot last night and it carried over...

but im sobering up now...

i want some pho...

i think i'll start a new superman thread now...

MantisMel
03-28-2008, 01:20 PM
i drank a lot last night and it carried over...

but im sobering up now...

i want some pho...

i think i'll start a new superman thread now...

Pho is the BEST day after drinking food! Pho 79 in Alhambra has the best! Terrible service but the food is awesome!

NiceArthur32
03-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Pho is the BEST day after drinking food! Pho 79 in Alhambra has the best! Terrible service but the food is awesome!

you are mistaken....

NOODLE FUCKING PLANET!

i'm goin right now...

MantisMel
03-28-2008, 01:30 PM
you are mistaken....

NOODLE FUCKING PLANET!

i'm goin right now...

Noodle Planet! I haven't been there in ages! Jeez, thanx for reminding me!

canexplain
03-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Posts: 968...That's one of the annoying thing about drunks... They really aren't all that funny first thing in the morning...The drunker they get, the cuter they think they are...And their ability to be accurate with words and numbers is based upon their level of drunkeness. Arthur, dear...at the rate you're going, that nephew of yours will be in charge of parental guidance here real soon...

i might try that tonight since my gal is gone ... maybe then i WILL make sense ... naw ....x****

canexplain
03-28-2008, 02:31 PM
I just had a mini epiphany. Back in the day, prior to big screens at festivals (I think the US fest was the first to use them), if you wanted to see the band, you had to work harder, push and beg more, to get up closer. If you could see that was next to impossible, you hung with old and new friends and just enjoyed the vibe of the show. Now sometimes when that happens, we just plunk our butts down and watch the big screens. You can do that a home. Yes if I had a choice of having big screens or not, I would say yes to them. It just makes it too easy to be lazy sometimes though. Hey look real sentences and punctuation. X****

marooko
03-28-2008, 07:11 PM
what good music is out right now that im missing out on? seriously.

canexplain
03-29-2008, 07:40 AM
i just saw where "normal" cubans now can have cell phones ...lets all call cuba :) x****

algunz
03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I just had a thought . . .

We hear all these stories about soldiers that come home to their wives that have lost 80 lbs+ and they are so happy and grateful. What about the poor soldiers that come home and their wives have gained 80lbs+? That sux for everybody.

canexplain
03-30-2008, 11:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKULTRA

canexplain
03-30-2008, 11:30 AM
i watched on the history channel, the hippie program ... there were times i cried like a little baby watching it .... we could have really changed the world ..... x****

canexplain
03-30-2008, 11:38 AM
kind of on a rant here ... i remember once, i would never do this, but my roomate in the barricks put acid in these beers, and he dosed the entire platoon ... once in a lifetime experience lol .. x****

canexplain
03-30-2008, 01:00 PM
the people that made the pc, jobs and walsnick sp, and brand who sort of made the internet, all said , if it wasnt for hippies, they would have never done or thought of those ideas .... x****

amyzzz
03-30-2008, 04:11 PM
I want some acid right now.

algunz
03-31-2008, 07:39 AM
i watched on the history channel, the hippie program ... there were times i cried like a little baby watching it .... we could have really changed the world ..... x****

I saw that a while ago. I cried too. You guys were so close.

Bastards.

marooko
03-31-2008, 09:05 AM
I went to go watch MMA live on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. Beer was expensive as FUCK though. I also accidentally dropped my phone into a cup of beer. Yes, I drank that shit. My phone didn't make it though. Well, it did, but it smells like beer and the screen is kinda fuzzy, so I got a new one. Anyway, the fights were bad ass live and I can't wait to go again.

amyzzz
03-31-2008, 01:22 PM
I think my kids are going to miss school at least one day because of my coachella trip. :/

algunz
03-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh . . . the sacrifices our children make to accommodate our "bad" habits.