PDA

View Full Version : Packt Like Sardines @ Thom Yorke

OK Calculator
05-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Where are all my people at? Specifically those who refused to leave after Phoenix in order to get as close as possible to Thom Yorke and subsequently nearly got crushed to death. We were dying of thirst and it was hard to breathe and when people tried to push we were all like a wave of human dominoes.

Where's the dudes I shared the water with that security gave us? Or that chick who knew the words to Skip Divided that stood behind me? Whatever the case, anyone who was anywhere near the front in that crowd now and forever will know what I know:

Thom Yorke is a demon wizard from outer space.

note: Jonny, Colin, Ed and Phil are amazing as well, but Thom is a demon wizard from outer space.

other note: when he sang Airbag acoustic did that not teleport you to a dimension of bliss?

elChurro
05-15-2010, 09:52 AM
I love Radiohead and Thom since forever but I was not feeling "Atoms for Peace" at this years Coachella. Maybe it was flea? or Thom's voice? or how he looked like Golum on the big screen? or the huge crowd that kept pushing forward? Regardless, Thom's way too big for that stage and area.

Meh.

weeklymix
05-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Where my retards at?

OK Calculator
05-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Where my retards at?

dunno bro.

OK Calculator
05-26-2010, 12:12 AM
I love Radiohead and Thom since forever but I was not feeling "Atoms for Peace" at this years Coachella. Maybe it was flea? or Thom's voice? or how he looked like Golum on the big screen? or the huge crowd that kept pushing forward? Regardless, Thom's way too big for that stage and area.

Meh.

Flea was sort of competing (futilely) for the lime light. But I got over it. And Thom did look creepy as usual, but thats just Thom, he's creepy and awesome and insane and rapturous all at the same time. Definitely agree about the stage, but I think it was only because he was with a new, as of yet fledgling band and not Radiohead.

elChurro
05-26-2010, 06:18 AM
I probably would have preferred Thom as the Eraser, doing the one-man-band type thing like Imogen Heap.

OK Calculator
06-05-2010, 11:29 PM
I probably would have preferred Thom as the Eraser, doing the one-man-band type thing like Imogen Heap.

But why compare Thom Yorke to Imogen Heap?

elChurro
06-07-2010, 04:51 PM
As electronic as Eraser was, it was totally doable on his own; is all I'm saying. Imogen Heap's pretty talented herself. If she can do it, so could Thom.

FoxeyLady
06-07-2010, 05:51 PM
AFP was one of my most anticipated acts of the weekend but I didn't think they were amazing. Good, yes. Just nothing special. Thom's voice was only ok and some of the percussion and little subtleties that made The Eraser such a great album just didn't translate live. I was to the left and a little in front of the soundboard, maybe it was better down front. I left after Harrowdown Hill to get a spot for Gorillaz. Glad I got to see them though.