PDA

View Full Version : WARPAINT - Last LA show (until August) this SAT!!!

Voodoo Hipster
05-06-2010, 05:57 PM
If you havent seen Warpaint. your missing hands down the finest band from LA.. This Saturday at Bootleg is thier last show until late Summer. Don't be late and wait until next year Coachella to see them..

19_n0Fxn8S4
yOFxb0F2F2A
7-G6Lrqr_iM

alisonnn
05-12-2010, 03:38 PM
such an amazing band to see live! highly recommend going out and seeing them perform. ALSO probably the hottest girl band (yet still so talented)

Gribbz
05-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I saw them open for Yeasayer in April. I was impressed.

psycobetabuckdown
05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Used to have Shannyn Sossamon in the band, and I think John Frusciante worked with them as well as dated one of the members.

I'm just getting into them, they're awesome.

redsurf
05-12-2010, 06:39 PM
I've seen them a few times before this saturday, and the new drummer is pretty good... as well as the new material.

hendrixfan143
05-12-2010, 07:18 PM
yeah stella rules,

Dogvolta
05-25-2010, 09:18 AM
I've seen them perform about 5 or so times before this bootleg show. While they did well, and the new drummer is crazy crazy talented, I did not enjoy their show at the bootleg near as much as I have in the past. In fact, it was easily my least favored show by them.
I felt like I witnessed a drum show, not a warpaint show.
The drummer took the paint out of warpaint.
Many of those songs were hardly recognizable nor distinguishable behind that crazy ass incessant drum attack.
As I said, drummer was REAL good, an absolutely fantastic drummer in fact. Take away the other three girls and it still would have been the exact same show it seems.

redsurf
05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
^ I kind of agree, but the sound wasn't right, the vocals and guitars seemed kind of low.

Dogvolta
05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
When I went to the Bootleg that night I was so very much looking forward to THIS (and not particularly this song, but this vibe, this sway, this haunt, this warpaint).

UPv3eou3Ltg

Anyways, I feel like I am coming off as angry and pissed, so I better back off. I only spent a few bucks on the show, I still like the band, and will probably see them next time they are in town.