PDA

View Full Version : Pavement's audio problem

rainostr
05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Didn't see any post about it, and I just wanted to comment on that :). Was so fucking excited to hear Silence Kit and all of a sudden the audio was gone!!! And Pavement never seemed to notice it! hahaha. What could have happened?

The audio returned quickly though... Happily.

gotothemusicshop
05-04-2010, 05:09 PM
i read about it in the la times mag, i remember it but fortunately it was quickly taken care of..

perk45
05-04-2010, 05:09 PM
i forgot about that, that did annoy me but the audio did return fairly quickly.

YouinReverse
05-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I found it funny that of all the songs to go out on, it was Silence Kit.

hendrixfan143
05-04-2010, 05:41 PM
or literally the second he was going to sing

Grant
05-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Haha I remember this, I gasped I don't know why

daxton
05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I guess I missed this, but I was at a big show last fall and the sound cut out for at least a minute, maybe more. The band kept playing, but the 30,000 people couldn't hear a thing. It was really surreal.

schavira
05-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I was close enough to actually still hear things when the audio cut out (mainly drums, I think a guitar too though). It was an interesting moment.

Ride a Tire!
05-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Yeah, I remember screaming when it happened. But I could still hear the drums and such. It reminded me of the Cure's last songs in '09 when they cut the power on them. Awesome.

cuauhtemoc723
05-06-2010, 01:15 PM
well, at least the sound left and came back quickly. back in 1999, stephen couldn't sing cos he completely lost his voice the day before in san francisco. i was sooo looking forward to them, too. rolling stone ripped them apart - jerks!

i missed them this year cos i had never seen orbital.

but now, i can see them at the hollywood bowl - yay!

Radiohead
05-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh yeah, I totally forgot that this happened. That was a stressful couple of seconds.

YouinReverse
05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Did you really just sign up for an account to troll this thread? Fuck off.

JamesMills
05-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Ohhhh yeah, I almost entirely forgot about this. I actually kind of liked how they were undaunted and kept rocking.

JamesMills
05-06-2010, 11:49 PM
No I actually saw them play while waiting for the gorillaz, it was unbearable, my friend and I had to leave, easily the worst band at coachella/possibly that I've ever heard, absolute shit

From another thread:

I keep hearing people make comments like these and it boggles me. I find it very hard to believe that any serious Pavement fan would make a comment like this, as they had a fantastic setlist, engaged with the fans, and even played off the nostalgia of being together again.

For the people who disliked the show, did you just go to see them because it's kind of a "big deal," or are you actually legitimate Pavement fans?

If you're apart of the former, I think it's very unfair of you to go around claiming their set was "boring," when their music is probably too obscure and dense to really be absorbed upon only a listen or two.

JamesMills
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah, so

If you're apart of the former, I think it's very unfair of you to go around claiming their set was "boring," when their music is probably too obscure and dense to really be absorbed upon only a listen or two.

Radiohead
05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not a serious pavement fan...I came to that set completely open minded, having never heard them before and gave them a shot, and they were terrible. Worst performers/musicians that I've ever seen.

If you personally don't like their music, that's one thing, but this is just silly. They're widely regarded as one of the most important rock bands of the last 20 years or so. Clearly there's something that others see that you're just missing.

TomServo
05-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Art is subjective. I'm constantly taking on new artists and trying things out at festivals, and I tried Pavement at home before Coachella, and against at Coachella. Even tried Stephen alone when he played Lolla a couple years ago - it just sucks. To me. And frankly to everyone around me at Coachella, save for two people who seemed to really enjoy it and another who claimed to be a fan but didn't so much as sway or sing a note.

I felt abused by the end of the Pavement set by how dull and out of place their set was on the main stage, and I'm not a bro, a raver, or a metalhead. Rather than exclaim their greatness based on their indie status, I listened to the music and watched the performance, and I can guarantee that will NEVER happen again.

It's not that we're missing something, it's just that our taste is different than yours... that's why there are multiple tents/stages, isn't it?

Still-ill
05-07-2010, 10:39 PM
So I started reading this thread. I read the first three posts... got bored, so I scrolled to the bottom and read this:

Art is subjective....

The hell?

hendrixfan143
05-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Yep I listened to one faith no more song and swear it will never happen again either. To each his own

saxomophone
05-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I remember screaming when it happened. But I could still hear the drums and such. It reminded me of the Cure's last songs in '09 when they cut the power on them. Awesome.

Haha I screamed too. I was hoping they'd start over, but oh well. It was still my favorite set of the weekend.

Lemonpie
05-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Art is subjective. I'm constantly taking on new artists and trying things out at festivals, and I tried Pavement at home before Coachella, and against at Coachella. Even tried Stephen alone when he played Lolla a couple years ago - it just sucks. To me. And frankly to everyone around me at Coachella, save for two people who seemed to really enjoy it and another who claimed to be a fan but didn't so much as sway or sing a note.

I felt abused by the end of the Pavement set by how dull and out of place their set was on the main stage, and I'm not a bro, a raver, or a metalhead. Rather than exclaim their greatness based on their indie status, I listened to the music and watched the performance, and I can guarantee that will NEVER happen again.

It's not that we're missing something, it's just that our taste is different than yours... that's why there are multiple tents/stages, isn't it?

the best thing about this post is your name

Nick o
05-08-2010, 09:01 PM
One of the most important rock bands in the last 20 years? I'd never even heard of them..neither had my friend who has like 3,000 bands on his ipod, most rock...so yeah...I don't think so

PagodasPinkPants
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Nick o how does it feel living under a bridge trying to gobble up goats? Or do you have long colorful hair and hang out on the tops of little kids' pencils and bingo parlors?

Don't feed the troll (or moron who has devoted all five of his posts to bad mouth an almost universally acclaimed set)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/legbamel/Dont_feed_the_troll.jpg

matsuolost
05-09-2010, 12:03 PM

hendrixfan143
05-09-2010, 01:58 PM
sick burn

drewdrewdrew
05-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Their main audio problem was that they fucking sucked and their music was trash.

Amen, brother.

Jman4321
05-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I never thought they were this divisive.

shoegazer76
05-10-2010, 03:22 PM
drewdrew & nickO should have babies together.

Hicks
05-11-2010, 06:28 PM
It was kinda funny, I was close enough to still hear their monitors going.

If I had to guess I would say somebody tripped over a cord backstage.

PagodasPinkPants
05-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Nick o should stick his dick in a pencil sharpener.

CellarOwl
05-19-2010, 10:55 AM
So we all agree then that Nick o should cram his dick into a pencil sharpener but also that Pavement's biggest audio problem is that they fucking suck.

hendrixfan143
05-21-2010, 10:11 PM
I bet you liked coheed or deadmou5 or some bullshit

condenser
06-09-2010, 02:03 PM
The harmony towards the beginning of the song is my favorite part. That's when the audio cut out haha

ficklecycle
06-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Deadmau5 yes not coheed tho..mr mau5 is a good musician

I'm calling it. Mexiraver.