PDA

View Full Version : The Raveonettes: Unforgettable Set

bassbookie
05-01-2010, 10:48 AM
With their band stuck in Denmark due to the Iceland Volcano situation, The Raveonettes manage to give one of the most memorable sets of the weekend.

Sune and Sharin decided to give their fans a more intimate show with special versions of their songs played only by them, still it wasn't an acoustic set as they rocked the Gobi tent.

I don't know if you are a fan, I don't know if you catch their set but in my opinion one of the best sets in the weekend

fatbastard
05-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Seen them once. The crowd for their set looked like a bunch of guitar center music geeks watching an in-store performance. Some of the rockingist guitar playing ever seen at Coachella (not counting MBV).

Thisismyname
05-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Loooooved this set.

bleep
05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Sharin was the prettiest belle i saw that weekend.

ivankay
05-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Sad i missed it.

coolhandluck
05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Ya, they rocked. That's what Coach is all about - Sune said they were nervous and had thought about cancelling, but they showed what great musicians they are. And didn't hurt that Sharin is stunning.

thepoetblue
05-02-2010, 05:14 AM
I really like these guys but came in was way in the back of the tent and couldn't quite tell what was going on. We had someplace else to be and moved on. Would like to have been there and been up close for this. Anyone have pics?

JebusLives
05-02-2010, 07:14 AM
I left a little early for whatever else was going on... don't remember. But I didn't want to leave! This is one band whos albums just never measure up to the real thing. Even without their touring drummer (and bass player?) they were great!

philabuster
05-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm surpised this thread did not go up on the day of the show. My 6th Coachella and absolutely one of the best and most surprising shows I've seen. Talk about making the best of a bad situation. The inclusion of older material and B-Sides (Experiment in Black!) made for a great show.

grichsgang
05-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Though I would've preferred the whole band to get their whole (wall of) sound, it was still a memorable show. Sune appeared genuinely touched by the reaction and understanding of the crowd knowing that the band was not at full strength. And let's just say that my wife noted the inordinate amount of photos of that other band member.

elChurro
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
They're playing something called Rock the Runway this weekend at the art institute of orange county. It has something to do with fashion... meh.

antipasto
05-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Easily one of the best acts of the weekend.