PDA

View Full Version : Coachella Vs. The Volacano

Honky Cassanova
04-30-2010, 03:13 PM
The volcanco clearly won! Goldenvoice was so confused they couldn't even figure out how to book someone else in their place when they didn't show. They could barely muster the energy to cross some names out. The best and most frequent sets of the weekend were empty stages. They rocked out many times throughout the fest.

breathewithme
04-30-2010, 03:18 PM
barely noticed the impact of the "Volacano." Gary Numan would've been nice, but...

...best Coachella ever, despite mother nature.

glitch
04-30-2010, 03:21 PM
volcano didnt affect my experience whatsoever, but I was only there for electronic music.

PrettyRagdoll
04-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Volcano definitely won. The not only got rid of Delphic but at least half of the Gorillaz set

Citizen Snips
04-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Volcanoes always win. They have magma and random cool lightning storms and millions of tons of ash strewn about. Frank Turner didn't seem to have a problem with it however.

http://s.ngeo.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/191/cache/iceland-volcano-lightning-1_19113_600x450.jpg

GaragePoet
04-30-2010, 05:30 PM
i like how it changes from volacano in the title to volcanco in the actual post...

Josesativa
04-30-2010, 06:38 PM
i cant believe you misspelt volcano twice

minogueCOMMAk
04-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Fucking volcanco's.
Wait, what are they?

For real, the only issue with any sets I saw this weekend. The Gorillaz got royally screwed. If you saw the live stream of their concert today you would understand what I am saying. They had been planning their set for Coachella for a while and the missing guests really put a damper on their performance. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed their performance, but the concert they just performed should have been Coachella.

anonimouse
04-30-2010, 08:32 PM
the missing guests really put a damper on their performance.

such as?

jamesc2929
05-01-2010, 02:57 AM
It was another fuck you to loyal Coachella goers. In the past Tollet would have been on the phone and booked bands already touring with Coachella acts on the bill. Cases in point: Warpaint with Yeasayer, Here We Go Magic, The fucking Arctic Monkeys a meer 30 miles away!!! Coachella SUCKED this year and you can say it was frat clowns, Urchins, Crowds, whatever. It really comes down to the fact that Tollet and his band of reknowns just didn't seem to give a fuck.

TheClares
05-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Bad Lieutenant and Gary Numan were both in my top 5, so I was majorly bummed at the time, and I definitely wanted to see Hypnotic Brass Ensemble. Still loved Coachella though.

gaypalmsprings
05-01-2010, 06:04 AM
http://ryanpez86.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/volcano-taco.jpg

momof5
05-01-2010, 09:21 AM
I was disappointed to miss Frightened Rabbit. But I felt Goldenvoice should have filled the empty slots with good local bands- I am sure there is enough local/LA talent who would have jumped at the chance to fill in at Coachella.

psycobetabuckdown
05-01-2010, 09:45 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Insane-Clown-Posse/ImageMacro/995670/Insane-Clown-Posse-Fucking-Volcancos-How-do-they-work.jpg

PrettyRagdoll
05-01-2010, 09:59 AM
It was another fuck you to loyal Coachella goers. In the past Tollet would have been on the phone and booked bands already touring with Coachella acts on the bill. Cases in point: Warpaint with Yeasayer, Here We Go Magic, The fucking Arctic Monkeys a meer 30 miles away!!! Coachella SUCKED this year and you can say it was frat clowns, Urchins, Crowds, whatever. It really comes down to the fact that Tollet and his band of reknowns just didn't seem to give a fuck.

Don't get ahead of yourself buddy, the experience wasn't as great as other years because of the clusterfuck... But it certainly didn't suck

JustSteve
05-01-2010, 10:21 AM
It really comes down to the fact that Tollet and his band of reknowns just didn't seem to give a fuck.

do you know any of them personally? no? then fuck you. they care more than anyone does, they are just as big a fan of the festival as we are. they tried something new, it didn't all go as planned. but to say they didn't give a fuck is ignorant.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I have a feeling that those of you that think it was somehow possible to call up local bands and fill up empty time slots at the absolute last second have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

jamesc2929
05-02-2010, 12:26 PM
do you know any of them personally? no? then fuck you. they care more than anyone does, they are just as big a fan of the festival as we are. they tried something new, it didn't all go as planned. but to say they didn't give a fuck is ignorant.

Tried something new? What was that - sell 20,000 more tickets, cancel the big installation art work, don't book anymore acts, continue to have parking be a major joke, hire people who sit around and do nothing, and then say its just what happens? i quess "don't give a fucj is harsh" However, this was the first year that I actually left Coachella feeling like I was taken. Ask yourself a few questions.Would you jam 20,000 more people in that space? Would you allow that parking problem to coninue year after year? Come on... Why don't you just kiss their ass some more. Poor Goldenvoice...