PDA

View Full Version : wiki says Talvin Singh didn't play

EddieF
04-30-2010, 06:39 AM
So who played instead? I hadn't heard his stuff so just supposed it was him but apparantly not. This was just before Rusko destroyed the Sahara tent

Dogvolta
04-30-2010, 06:47 AM
So who played instead? I hadn't heard his stuff so just supposed it was him but apparantly not. This was just before Rusko destroyed the Sahara tent

Honestly, guy? Wiki? You do realize what Wikipedia actually is right?

EDIT: Oh you, and we were in the Sahara during his time slot, so unless that was some other guy...

EddieF
04-30-2010, 07:18 AM
I enjoyed whoever it was, just wondering who it was. Talvin or not

thepoetblue
04-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Paparazzi stayed on stage and did a double set. He was okay. Not great. Not awful.

EddieF
04-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Ah cheers, I thought it was pretty good but not mindblowing. The information given to fans at the event wasn't great was it?

beavington
04-30-2010, 07:45 AM
i think it was unforeseeable circumstances that they really couldnt convey to everyone. Ususally they say it when you are waiting for the next artist to play that they didnt make it...but i odnt know if that is the same in the sahara.

slurpee
04-30-2010, 08:56 AM
I really wanted to see Talvin Singh, but thought I missed him. I had no idea he didn't make it.

Now I don't feel as bad :)

Astrid
04-30-2010, 09:00 AM
i seriously dont understand how anyone could have even perceived that to be talvin singh

whynotsmile99
04-30-2010, 09:04 AM
paparazzi was awful. i stuck around to see in Talvin would come out. Apparently a black sharpie over his name on the board was too much for Goldenvoice to handle at that time

psycobetabuckdown
04-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Luckily I listened to Talvin Singh a little right before Coachella, otherwise I would've been underwhelmed by Paparazzi. Yeah they really didn't do anything to let people know. My group thought it was Talvin Singh.

djandrews25
04-30-2010, 09:17 AM
This was one of my must-see smaller acts. Stupid volcano.

unknown
04-30-2010, 09:38 AM
i seriously dont understand how anyone could have even perceived that to be talvin singh
seriously. I got a text from a friend that he heard Talvin Singh did make it so I ran over from the Outdoor only to stand in the Sahara wondering what in the fuck is this shit.

This was one of my must-see smaller acts. Stupid volcano.
That whole block had Delphic, Talvin Singh, and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble - my numbers 1,2&3 for that slot. Stupid volcano is right!

psycobetabuckdown
04-30-2010, 10:27 AM
That whole block had Delphic, Talvin Singh, and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble - my numbers 1,2&3 for that slot. Stupid volcano is right!

True, 1-2-3 punch of emptiness right there. I thought Middle East were gonna miss it too, luckily they showed up.

minogueCOMMAk
04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
didn't paparazzi play like 6 times this year?

We get it. You hate the Sahara.

higgybaby23
04-30-2010, 10:52 AM
didn't paparazzi play like 6 times this year?

He was MCing the shows in the pavillion on Thursday or Friday night. Not sure about his DJ abilities, but his stage persona was obnoxious.

Where is the list of all cancelled acts this year? I've been thinking about this, but have not seen it.

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2010, 11:05 AM

Seriously :(
I ran to Delphic. Nothing. Then Talvin. Paparaazi. Then I didnt even care to go to HBE cause on the way to Talvin I saw canceled. Fuck Volcanos!

PrettyRagdoll
04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
seriously. I got a text from a friend that he heard Talvin Singh did make it so I ran over from the Outdoor only to stand in the Sahara wondering what in the fuck is this shit.

Delphic :nono

sk8r408
04-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Stupid Wikipedia.

sonofhal
04-30-2010, 12:11 PM
True, 1-2-3 punch of emptiness right there. I thought Middle East were gonna miss it too, luckily they showed up.

You know they are Australian, right?

Daft Fro
04-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Talvin was really going to shatter some minds....

please please please book him, and other canceled acts again for next year, thx

instinct
04-30-2010, 02:13 PM

I didn't see Paparrazi.. but yeah.. the style is DRAMATICALLY different.

psycobetabuckdown
04-30-2010, 02:57 PM
You know they are Australian, right?

I actually thought they were American, but the reason I thought they weren't gonna play is because they didn't show up til 1, 45 minutes after their scheduled time. Nothing to do with the volcano.

Trigaus
04-30-2010, 10:16 PM
I waited around for Talvin also, but after 15 minutes into his scheduled set, I kinda figured it out.

Hope they bring him back next year :)

Stackamynutz
04-30-2010, 11:21 PM
I was interested in Talvin, so we headed over there a little early. Paparazzi was suckin' it up and we were getting hungry, so we left and ate/looked for Sunday merch/said hey to the people in the Souldier booth and then headed back to possibly catch the last little bit of Talvin. When we got back it wasn't Talvin, but still Paparazzi and he was doing a good amount better than when we left, but it still wasn't anything I would have cared about missing. It was a little bummed, but Rusko promptly lifted my spirits and I went on to have another great day at Coachella. I would have been really bummed and probably pissed if I had waited around the whole time to see Talvin and not have him come out or be told he wouldn't be there.
I also wonder if Gorillaz's set would have been different had HBE been there - they're on a couple songs on Plastic Beach and I'm pretty sure that's the whole reason they got booked for Coachella.

jazzz
04-30-2010, 11:39 PM
my 2nd time getting screwed out of seeing Talvin Singh! I hope he's asked back next year and with a night time set.

sonofhal
04-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I actually thought they were American, but the reason I thought they weren't gonna play is because they didn't show up til 1, 45 minutes after their scheduled time. Nothing to do with the volcano.

I think that was just to do with the fact that nobody was on after them. Pissed me off too, as I could have been watching something else, rather than waiting in front of an empty stage for close to an hour.

psycobetabuckdown
05-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah I figured that out...

I was about to watch something else but I just got food and by the time they finally finished my masala fries the band came on. They were good.

gaypalmsprings
05-01-2010, 06:10 AM
According to Wikipedia, his real name is ਤਲਵੀਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਮਠਾਰੂ.

psycobetabuckdown
05-01-2010, 08:27 AM
That's some bullshit. What gibberish is that?

EddieF
05-04-2010, 07:37 AM

Because I'd never listened to him before?
I only went over early because Delphic were cancelled