PDA

View Full Version : The reason i hated the gorillaz

Jordanp
04-26-2010, 01:42 AM
I wanted to get the best seat that i could for the gorillaz. I had been in the mosh for 3 previous acts throughout the weekend and it was awesome. i had some space and people were nice. this brings me to the tragedy of sunday night. i got to the set an hour and half early. I love the gorillaz and have never been a huge fan of radiohead/thom yorke. I know i will be flamed for this, i just never really got into it. Regardless, i first get into the mosh about 10 people back from the right screen and while standing there some asshole puts his cig out on my ankle. Then a half hour later everybody shoves in and we are standing like sardines, no room to move. the guy behind me is 50 year old fucked up dirtbag who insists on having his junk basically inside my butt. i move my hips forward and my shoulders back. he does the exact the same thing moving his hips forward and shoulders back so his junk is still in my butt. next their is a 16 year old kid who is rolling on my right and for an hour and a half straight he is rocking back and forth hitting me every single time. if i leaned away he would rock all the way until he touched my arm and then rock the other way and repeat. i stuck my arm out and every single time he would bump into me. for an hour and a half straight. then the guy who put his ciggarette in my ankle was also a 50 year old fucked up dirtbag who is so fucked up falls over in the mosh and has the creepiest grin on his face that ive ever seen. scared the hell out of me and third there was 3 crowd surfers who came from behind and nailed me because i couldnt see them obviously. just a terrible terrible crowd. it was awful.

I shouldve gone to thom yorke.

matsuolost
04-26-2010, 02:26 AM
or moved

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-26-2010, 04:58 AM
I found junk in my butt.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Are you a fat Mexican girl?

gaypalmsprings
04-26-2010, 06:08 AM
That was Tiesto, touching your butthole.

glitch
04-26-2010, 06:33 AM
That was Tiesto, touching your butthole.

lol

invisiblerobots
04-26-2010, 06:34 AM
You couldn't handle "the mosh" at a Gorillaz show? Pussy.

BrettShipes
04-26-2010, 06:42 AM
I was in the mosh for a Megadeth show once and everyone was running around hitting me and I was all WTF, I'm trying to enjoy the show! So I didn't move and just complained the entire time. I totally see where you're coming from.

minogueCOMMAk
04-26-2010, 06:49 AM
I was in the mosh for a Megadeth show once and everyone was running around hitting me and I was all WTF, I'm trying to enjoy the show! So I didn't move and just complained the entire time. I totally see where you're coming from.
I see what you did there...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-26-2010, 06:57 AM
this thread made the lulz for me.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-26-2010, 07:42 AM

This is serious:

I was in the pit at Slayer, and there was a guy crowd surfing in a wheel chair.

That's hard core!

leo01g
04-26-2010, 08:19 AM
If you can't stand the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.

guedita
04-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Always punch crowd surfers.

juloxx
04-26-2010, 09:15 AM
This is serious:

That's hard core!

Thats fucking insane. That shit could only happen at a Slayer show

Necie
04-26-2010, 09:20 AM

:lool

shoegazer76
04-26-2010, 09:23 AM
This is serious:

That's hard core!

Pics of that would be priceless.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-26-2010, 09:33 AM
I know, but whose gonna pull out a camera in the middle of that mayhem?

Not me!

ryanliamg
04-26-2010, 09:53 AM
If I could do sunday night over again, I would've not left Thom Yorke early, even though Gorillaz was my number one to-see act. I probably wouldn't have boomed either because that just made me sketched about the crowd I was in. Bunch a fuckin weirdos not even into Gorillaz. I don't have much against foreigners except they are so fucking annoying. I'd have enjoyed sitting far in the back with space to myself.

Strange
04-26-2010, 10:20 AM
lol I was in the Mosh for Tool '06, and after the 7 foot buff guy a few feet from me passed out from the pressure, and my vision started to go black around the edges because I couldn't take a full breath, that's when it started to get fun.

eskamo951
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
It's not that difficult to move. I was in an amazing spot for the Gorillaz. I was on the center rail, and had room to dance. The only douche moves were by this couple practically standing on top of me as I sat and waited for an hour before the set.

YouthD
04-26-2010, 03:01 PM

Or grab their tits if they're chicks.

lickety_spit
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM
the guy behind me is 50 year old fucked up dirtbag who insists on having his junk basically inside my butt.

random hookups thread

YouinReverse
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM

I saw it happen at a Weezer show.

amyzzz
04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure what this has to do with the Gorillaz....

EverGreen407
04-26-2010, 04:03 PM
yeah you messed up big time. Thom Yorke was the best thing at Coachella 2010. There was tons of space too because everyone went to go wait for the mediocre Gorillaz performance. HA HA!!

TheClares
04-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Whenever something like this happened, I just said, excuse me, could you get out of my fucking space please? I got a couple dirty looks but it worked very time. It does help to be 6'4" and 220.

JustSteve
04-26-2010, 04:41 PM
yeah you messed up big time. Thom Yorke was the best thing at Coachella 2010.

not to people that don't like thom yorke.

robotronia
04-26-2010, 07:19 PM
did see a couple of non-surfing wheelchairs @ slayer/manson, but the real hilarity was super-hardcore-shirtless-mofo-tat-brah who had been yelling and "pit prepping", only to go down tko-style halfway into the opener and being carted away after being summarily dumped towards the back.
pit etiquette is a wondrous thing........and this nothing to do w/gorillaz

JClemy
04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
sounds like Jordan got a bonus! Bonus wang!

<3Tea
04-26-2010, 09:25 PM
....I dropped my cig, enough with your accusations!

Strange
04-26-2010, 10:40 PM
http://cyrusghahremani.com/misc/funny/giveafuckometer.gif

SUCK MY DICK

omg someone make this Avatar sized for me! lol awesome.

unit300021
04-26-2010, 11:17 PM

THIS... thats why during FNM when when Mike Patton came over me, I punched him, best moment of the weekend for me

unit300021
04-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Waiting for muse, not a real big fan of FNM but I can say they fucking rocked it though, a lot better then I was expecting.
As for Mike Patton, he is a great performer and I respect the hell out of him but he is an asshole. Did it only because my boss moved to San Fran during the Mr. Bungle days and Mike Patton became his first friend when he moved up there. They stopped being friends about after three months because my boss said that he was just an arrogant prick that he just wished punched once. Thus me telling my boss if I was able to I would punch him for him.
Either way its not like I punched him hard or anything to make him screw up his performance or piss him off and make him stop. In all honestly he probably did not even feel it. Was just me keeping my promise to my boss.

Edit: Either way this thread is about Gorillaz and not FNM or Patton so yeah lets not change courses here

Strange
04-27-2010, 12:56 AM
you're a dumbass. that hand should be amputated and your mother should be fisted with it

roflmao, Sig worthy.

fnmore
04-27-2010, 04:17 AM
If I could do sunday night over again, I would've not left Thom Yorke early, even though Gorillaz was my number one to-see act. I probably wouldn't have boomed either because that just made me sketched about the crowd I was in. Bunch a fuckin weirdos not even into Gorillaz. I don't have much against foreigners except they are so fucking annoying. I'd have enjoyed sitting far in the back with space to myself.

do us 'foreigners' a favor and stay in Utah

how many wives you got? time to change your mormon underpants.....they be stinkin'

oh, and whoever punched Mike Patton does not know Mike Patton

GaragePoet
04-27-2010, 05:58 AM
I'm not sure what this has to do with the Gorillaz....

i was wondering the same thing... but i always blame the band if i have a bad time at a concert because of the crowd...

anonimouse
04-28-2010, 01:27 PM
people were crowd surfing during gorillaz? srsly? were they bros/bro hos?

IRSCOTT
04-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Always grope crowd surfers.

fixed

IRSCOTT
04-28-2010, 01:55 PM

Damn beat me to it...

deftonepuma
04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
The only pit worth a grain was at Dillinger. Even that was tame compared to a show filled with hardcore kids.

randomh3ro1
04-28-2010, 10:30 PM
why the fuck are you saying u hated gorillaz cause of the fans. well move then u idiot. shit. not like this is kindergarten, where we are assigned seats. sorry it was your fault u pick band people to be around. i was around idiots yes. But i was fine.

i think u liked having that dudes junk in ur butt.

Jordanp
04-28-2010, 10:45 PM
i think u liked having that dudes junk in ur butt.

HEYO!!

DFrank
04-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah, what's up with all the foreigners being annoying as hell on Sunday night? I think that was the first time ive ever told someone to shut up at a show. Yelling during Empire Ants? Really?

randomh3ro1
04-29-2010, 02:27 AM
im glad u hated gorillaz cause ur a moron, and dont have common sense. you dum dum.

socalguy100
04-29-2010, 08:52 AM
not to people that don't like thom yorke.

^
This. The best thing about Thom Yorke was that when he started playing, there were fewer people crowding the tents.

randomh3ro1
04-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Waiting for muse, not a real big fan of FNM but I can say they fucking rocked it though, a lot better then I was expecting.
As for Mike Patton, he is a great performer and I respect the hell out of him but he is an asshole.Either way its not like I punched him hard or anything to make him screw up his performance or piss him off and make him stop. In all honestly he probably did not even feel it. Was just me keeping my promise to my boss.

Edit: Either way this thread is about Gorillaz and not FNM or Patton so yeah lets not change courses here

lol u punched mike patton? what when he was crowd surfing? U punch him in his junk?

nah as patton is a great performer he most definitely is an arrogant prick.

but the kid that made this thread. is even dumber.

OK Calculator
06-25-2010, 12:31 AM
I shouldve gone to thom yorke.

this

OK Calculator
06-25-2010, 12:33 AM
yeah you messed up big time. Thom Yorke was the best thing at Coachella 2010. There was tons of space too because everyone went to go wait for the mediocre Gorillaz performance. HA HA!!

Don't know where you were standing. Sure wasn't any "tons of space" anywhere near the front.

superfiction
06-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Don't know where you were standing. Sure wasn't any "tons of space" anywhere near the front.

there was tons of space right in front of the soundboard.

superfiction
06-25-2010, 12:56 AM
As for Mike Patton, he is a great performer and I respect the hell out of him but he is an asshole. Did it only because my boss moved to San Fran during the Mr. Bungle days and Mike Patton became his first friend when he moved up there. They stopped being friends about after three months because my boss said that he was just an arrogant prick that he just wished punched once. Thus me telling my boss if I was able to I would punch him for him.
Either way its not like I punched him hard or anything to make him screw up his performance or piss him off and make him stop. In all honestly he probably did not even feel it. Was just me keeping my promise to my boss.

also. this is a terrible fucking story. and youre a fucking idiot. and muse really arent that good so im sorry you watched their set when there was plenty of better shit going on

chucky canuck
06-30-2010, 07:12 PM
wait a minute. Are you guys saying that a band that is essentially a studio creation and relies heavily on pre-recorded material wasn"t so good live? shocking.
Glad I was at Thom Yorke, with Flea ripping it up.

Commander Corn
07-13-2010, 07:54 AM
wait a minute. Are you guys saying that a band that is essentially a studio creation and relies heavily on pre-recorded material wasn"t so good live? shocking.

Gorillaz have sounded amazing before. But the band they have for this year are pretty disappointing. Watch Gorillaz Live at the Manchester Opera House 2005. The band they had at that gig was beyond incredible.

Daytime Toker
07-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Gorillaz didn't suck cause of the crowd...they sucked cause it was the same as listening to one of their CD's. Now if you wanted a hardcore mosh pit you should have been at MGMT, that was hardcore.......Now some one call the WHAAAAAMBULANCE on this post plz.

JustSteve
07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
hahahahahaha. oh man.

amyzzz
08-06-2010, 03:44 PM
This is not the case at all. There were a couple of songs that they had to rely on recorded material for (volcano caused some guest artists to miss the show), but the live band sounded grittier and groovier than the album to me. Loved the slower grinding bass.

Bons222000
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
As a huge Thom Yorke fan, I certainly stayed for his whole show (which blew my mind). When I left Thom Yorke I went to Gorillaz and did not get extremely close. But yes, I agree with what people were saying earlier, they relied too much on pre-recorded stuff and a lot of their visual effects was just playing their music vidz on the screens. I didn't hate them, I was just underwhelmed. The fact they had an orchestra was cool, but even the last few songs I just could not get into. To each their own.

Kropladop
11-06-2010, 02:16 PM

This was taken this year at Coachella during either The xx or MGMT, cant remember

I'dDoItAllAgain
11-17-2010, 08:35 AM
MGMT probably. I saw him doing this @ Phoenix's set.

le cab
12-07-2010, 01:23 AM

typical frat boy move.

WhyTheLongFace
12-07-2010, 08:08 PM

That happens at a lot of shows

NickyRudy
12-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Gorillaz also had a lackluster choice of songs.