PDA

View Full Version : The Bloody Beetroots: Filled with rave kids!!!

milos57
04-25-2010, 10:08 AM
This really took me by surprise. Obviously you're going to get kandi ravers and others at any well advertised event, but I would say at least 80% of the crowd at the Bloody Beetroots live show at the Palladium last night fit the bill. Even at all the other HARD events I've been to, I've never seen so many fingertip light shows, people wading through the crowd exchanging gifts, pacifiers, etc.

To everyone who shows up to electric concerts in this state. Do you realize that all you're doing is distracting the people who have come to purely enjoy the music and dance their ass off? When someone like Bob Rifo is playing live music, the LAST thing I want is for three of you to crowd right in front of me and hypnotize each other with your damn glowsticks or blinking rings. Have some fucking respect for the music and those around you. Or better yet, go home and wait till you reach the emotional maturity of an adult before coming out and near ruining these events for others.

That being said, the Beetroots live debut was furious and did not disappoint. Just had to get that out of my system.

boarderwoozel3
04-25-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.deathcrew77.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/manifesto.jpg

guedita
04-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I was surprised to see as much glow as I did at the Bloody Beetroots in San Francisco, since it's a 21 + venue. Did this show not turn into a giant mosh pit?

milos57
04-25-2010, 10:27 AM
It did when Rifoki went on, which was nice because the rave kids didn't know what to do with themselves and seemed to disperse for the rest of the night. Before then, they were pretty insufferable.

I just don't see how anyone 21 or older could show up for a show with their arms covered in dollar store bracelets with a big pacifier in their mouth and retain any self respect...

dubvulture
04-25-2010, 10:29 AM
The raver percentage was maybe 15% at the San Diego show. Won tickets for Sunday's show so we'll see if Saturday's percentage holds up. I love how HARD was pushing for everyone to buy tickets earlier last week for Sunday's show since they were "selling fast", then on Friday, the blogs and labels were giving out tons of free tickets.

algunz
04-25-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't mind the candee, it's the pacifiers and glowsticks that drive me batty.

guedita
04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
At the SF show there were a bunch of girls in sequined, "clubbing" style tank tops that obviously had no idea what kind of music/show they were at once the Beetroots came on and the floor became a giant mosh pit. I heard some of them in the bathroom freaking out about it...it was hilarious.

choice cat
04-25-2010, 10:36 AM
yeah destructo was twittering various places he was going to be on friday handing out tickets starting with de la barracuda on melrose

Voodoo Hipster
04-25-2010, 10:51 AM
I Heart Comix said that they had to give away over 1000 tix for tonights show..somehow I ended up with 8.

slurpee
04-25-2010, 11:00 AM
I just don't see how anyone 21 or older could show up for a show with their arms covered in dollar store bracelets with a big pacifier in their mouth and retain any self respect...

THIS

weezy f baby
04-25-2010, 11:46 AM
The Bloody Beetroots fuckin killed it. Why they weren't at Coachella closing out the last night is beyond me but whatever. That show was sick. Planning on doing it all over again tonight.

I was questioning Rifoki for a sec... and then i realized that only Sir Bob can have the balls enough to drop hardcore punk at a "rave" and pull it off. Totally bad ass...

I wish there were more adjectives to describe how amazing this show was.

And for the sake of this thread, I'm 29, wasn't on E, and don't pay any attention to the kandi ravers... in fact I think they're hilarious. They're way better than drunk ass holes or brochella meat heads. When I was a teenager, I raved also so I don't mind that these kids are getting high and fuckin being retards with each other. At least more people are listening to dance music now which is always a good thing.

Wheres the beef?
04-25-2010, 01:24 PM
This really took me by surprise. Obviously you're going to get kandi ravers and others at any well advertised event, but I would say at least 80% of the crowd at the Bloody Beetroots live show at the Palladium last night fit the bill. Even at all the other HARD events I've been to, I've never seen so many fingertip light shows, people wading through the crowd exchanging gifts, pacifiers, etc.

To everyone who shows up to electric concerts in this state. Do you realize that all you're doing is distracting the people who have come to purely enjoy the music and dance their ass off? When someone like Bob Rifo is playing live music, the LAST thing I want is for three of you to crowd right in front of me and hypnotize each other with your damn glowsticks or blinking rings. Have some fucking respect for the music and those around you. Or better yet, go home and wait till you reach the emotional maturity of an adult before coming out and near ruining these events for others.

That being said, the Beetroots live debut was furious and did not disappoint. Just had to get that out of my system.

Yeah I saw the line outside and was so happy to be selling my tickets.

R41N570RM
04-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Crowds like last night's make me not want to go to any of these events... I can't stand it.

BROKENDOLL
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Maybe you just need to recieve one of those bracelets to realize their true value. I know I never realized it until Feather gave me mine afew years ago, and at EDC last year, I had kids coming up giving me more because they thought it was so cool that someone my age was joining them for all the peace, love, unity, and respect surrounding us...BTW, I'm 49, so to be made to feel a part of another generation's good times can be a good thing when you're still a child at hearrt!

I don't mind the candee, it's the pacifiers and glowsticks that drive me batty.
I made a bunch of candee for people, and actually wore it to give out until I saw some chick in her 20's laying sprawled out in the Sahara getting a lightshow while sucking on a blinking pacifier. The glow and candee gifts, I just love, but when I was in the prime of my party years, the last thing I wanted to do was draw attention to how fucked up I was. I guess that was when I had Pete carry them in his pockets for me the rest of the day. (Which also explains why I still have yours...I totally spaced it out when we met, and didn't see you again during the fest. Next time, I guess.

milos57
04-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Maybe you just need to recieve one of those bracelets to realize their true value. I know I never realized it until Feather gave me mine afew years ago, and at EDC last year, I had kids coming up giving me more because they thought it was so cool that someone my age was joining them for all the peace, love, unity, and respect surrounding us...BTW, I'm 49, so to be made to feel a part of another generation's good times can be a good thing when you're still a child at hearrt!

I made a bunch of candee for people, and actually wore it to give out until I saw some chick in her 20's laying sprawled out in the Sahara getting a lightshow while sucking on a blinking pacifier. The glow and candee gifts, I just love, but when I was in the prime of my party years, the last thing I wanted to do was draw attention to how fucked up I was. I guess that was when I had Pete carry them in his pockets for me the rest of the day. (Which also explains why I still have yours...I totally spaced it out when we met, and didn't see you again during the fest. Next time, I guess.

I have nothing against the idea of kandi, but when it distracts people from enjoying a show, then I get annoyed. This was the case last night. People were more interested in trading bracelets and tripping each other out than enjoying the music many of us had come to see, and this made for a very annoying, disrespectful crowd.

darksideofkaos.
04-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Last nights crowd at the Palladium was a fucking joke. The Bloody Beetroots killed it though. 28 Days Later theme and their remix of Il Bruto were the two highlights of the night for me.

dantoro
04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
candy raver kids stole a laptop from what i heardddd? no good karma hugs for those ass-hats

Gribbz
04-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Mosh pits.

ELECtROjan
04-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Last nights crowd at the Palladium was a fucking joke. The Bloody Beetroots killed it though. 28 Days Later theme and their remix of Il Bruto were the two highlights of the night for me.

i heard they didnt play "We Are From Venice"?

paulb
04-25-2010, 10:42 PM
I agree with this thread, I couldnt believe how many fuckin retards there were....like a group of 18 kids passed out on the floor all getting those gay lights in their face... and it was fuckin everywhere....just terrible...at least the music wasnt 1/2 bad....

suprefan
04-25-2010, 11:02 PM
This is suprising how?

CrimesceneCookie
04-25-2010, 11:12 PM
hipters vs ravers vs hipsters vs ravers vs hipsters vs ravers

tawnisme
04-25-2010, 11:32 PM
I left after 20 minutes.
Couldn't hang. I felt like a chaperone @ a highschool dance.

ficklecycle
04-26-2010, 01:32 AM
The show tonight was great. There were lots of kids, but they were dressed normal. Most of them at least. This was actually the least amount of kandy kids I had ever seen at a HARD event. It wasn't even all that crowded, and the vibe was good.

Steve Aoki came out for 2 songs, and there was a mosh pit during that "shut the fuck up" song.

Overall, good night.

BROKENDOLL
04-26-2010, 02:21 AM
The show tonight was great. There were lots of kids, but they were dressed normal. Most of them at least. This was actually the least amount of kandy kids I had ever seen at a HARD event. It wasn't even all that crowded, and the vibe was good.

Steve Aoki came out for 2 songs, and there was a mosh pit during that "shut the fuck up" song.

Overall, good night.

Ready for this? I'll tolerate 100 raving candee kids and their blinking lights before I'll hang through another Steve Aoki set! And if he insists on being there anyway, then please shove a pacifier in his mouth. kthnxbai

frozen pilgrim
04-26-2010, 07:41 AM
lol, I actually think steve aoki being mauled by a thousand k-tarded kandi kids would be a video worthy of viral-ness.
ps, bev, I've had your kandi on since you gave it to me- whole trip home and every waking minute since :D

Voodoo Hipster
04-26-2010, 09:22 AM
hehehe last night was hand down the deadest show I have ever attended at the Palladium. They should have NEVER added the second night.

darksideofkaos.
04-26-2010, 11:22 AM
hehehe last night was hand down the deadest show I have ever attended at the Palladium. They should have NEVER added the second night.

Idk Hard NYE at the Palldium was pretty empty... The floor was only about half way filled the entire night. Granted Together As One was the same night so all the little fucks were at the massive.

Devin the Dude
04-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Maybe you guys need a new shitty trend band. ;)

djandrews25
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
The Bloody Beetroots fuckin killed it. Why they weren't at Coachella closing out the last night is beyond me but whatever.

Thank fucking god you dont book any important events.

kitt kat
04-26-2010, 07:53 PM
H8 FUCKING RAVERS

choice cat
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
vibe was chill ravers were harmless. noticed lots and lots of mainly girls who were dressed just normal like they were going to a club. i almost felt like alot of the people there were kinda confused as to what was going on.

darksideofkaos.
04-26-2010, 11:28 PM
vibe was chill ravers were harmless. noticed lots and lots of mainly girls who were dressed just normal like they were going to a club. i almost felt like alot of the people there were kinda confused as to what was going on.

I wish I had went to night 2 lol

choice cat
04-26-2010, 11:32 PM
what did you not like about night 1 ?

darksideofkaos.
04-26-2010, 11:37 PM
what did you not like about night 1 ?

Little too crowded and too many raver kids, at one point a kid even started making fun of my friend bc we were all dressed "normal" he claimed we weren't meant to be there. Just stupid shit. Ooh and the Palladium was like a sauna (heat never makes me thrilled lol)

Bloody Beetroots were amazing though

choice cat
04-26-2010, 11:41 PM
yeah beetroots were definitely great, heat never seemed to be an issue but im sure there were probably half the people on sunday than saturday.

Wheres the beef?
04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
http://altreport.hipsterrunoff.com/2010/04/a-shitload-of-california-tween-ravers-attend-a-steve-aoki-concert.html?awesm=fbshare.me_ALo5I

Some really great photos from the show!

paulb
04-27-2010, 05:17 PM
ya....night 1 was just brutal....

DFrank
04-27-2010, 05:30 PM
They just need to start making HARD events 21+. Honestly, they'd probably still sell out. I just dont see how making all ages events lasting past 3 or 4am is responsible on their part.

sbessiso
04-27-2010, 05:36 PM
http://altreport.hipsterrunoff.com/2010/04/a-shitload-of-california-tween-ravers-attend-a-steve-aoki-concert.html?awesm=fbshare.me_ALo5I

HOLY
SHIT

that was terrifying

guedita
04-27-2010, 05:56 PM

bahahaha

That's awful. We didn't get anything of that magnitude at the SF show. Though some shirtless bro did smear vic's all over my face.

sbessiso
04-27-2010, 05:57 PM
....that sounds way fun

guedita
04-27-2010, 05:59 PM
It was more of a mid mosh pit assault.

boarderwoozel3
04-27-2010, 06:00 PM

HOLY
SHIT

that was terrifying

No kidding. That's like: (:nono x infinity)^:puke

I see what KK is always going on about. "Hate" is a bit much but I'm definitely embarrassed for them.

sbessiso
04-27-2010, 06:01 PM
It was more of a mid mosh pit assault.

aw, i pictured it.....differently

DFrank
04-27-2010, 06:15 PM
HOLY
SHIT

that was terrifying

There is no way that Gary doesnt see any of this. This is just horrible. Man up, and 21+ this shit.

guedita
04-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Really, he should make one of these smaller HARD acts a 21 + and see that people still buy tickets and go to the show. Keep the really large ones like HARD Summer and HHM all ages if you must, Gary, but you know you can't stand these kids.

sbessiso
04-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Money equals money equals money. these kids have it, get fucked up and spend it. i dont see why they would change this

ELECtROjan
04-27-2010, 06:38 PM
At first I was surprised... then I realized the pictures are from that Cobra Snake creapbag who titled the album "Ravesafe"

http://thecobrasnake.com/partyphotos/tiestospace/images/IMG_9978.jpg

Stat-u-tory much?
http://thecobrasnake.com/partyphotos/ravesafe/images/IMG_0305.jpg

massive head kanye
http://thecobrasnake.com/partyphotos/ravesafe/images/IMG_0439.jpg

wtf?
http://thecobrasnake.com/partyphotos/ravesafe/images/IMG_0433.jpg

Probably a board member's father....
http://thecobrasnake.com/partyphotos/ravesafe/images/IMG_0962.jpg

overweight hipsters... now thats a new one

Gribbz
04-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Who decided to start moshing at EDM shows anyway? Meh.

ELECtROjan
04-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Really, he should make one of these smaller HARD acts a 21 + and see that people still buy tickets and go to the show. Keep the really large ones like HARD Summer and HHM all ages if you must, Gary, but you know you can't stand these kids.

HARDSF was 21+ and it sold out with a shitty lineup the week of Coachella

Gribbz
04-27-2010, 06:41 PM

Major lulz.

minogueCOMMAk
04-27-2010, 06:48 PM

I love HipsterRunoff. This article just cements that fact.

DFrank
04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Money equals money equals money. these kids have it, get fucked up and spend it. i dont see why they would change this

The 21+ crowd have the same kind of money + more money to spend on alcohol. HARD is relatively new and starting to blow up now that they have several shows a year. I can see them realizing or being forced to realize they have to change it.

Gribbz
04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Nahhh. Salah is right.

DFrank
04-27-2010, 07:05 PM
He probably is. But it just sucks when i see an awesome lineup (Soulwax+Digitalism) and know i wont go because of the tweens.

sbessiso
04-27-2010, 07:09 PM
no but youre right about the alcohol thing. theres disadvantages to making it 21+ im just not sure what they are exactly. the tweens probably DO spend a lot on water haha

guedita
04-27-2010, 07:09 PM
HARDSF was 21+ and it sold out with a shitty lineup the week of Coachella

Yup, and the HARD Summer tour in SF is at the all ages Fox.

Mezzanine - 1,000 capacity
Fox - 2,8000 capacity

$$$

hangthedj112
04-28-2010, 06:39 AM
I hope in a few years when I reach my mid-20s I don't turn into a bitter elitist cunt like all of you.

guedita
04-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Don't be an ageist prick, I've been a bitter, elitist cunt for at least a decade.

Bitter elitist cunt

Noun phrase: One who dislikes trying to enjoy EDM shows amidst pacifier sucking teenagers with excessive kandi and being distracted from the artist's stage performance by sit down glow glove shows on the dance floor. One who would prefer if attendees to an EDM show were there for the music, not to do drugs and be seen/scene.

Boourns
04-28-2010, 12:05 PM

:puke

These "people" are also ruining Coachella.

CrimesceneCookie
04-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Ravers have been going to Coachella since before you knew what it was.

Boourns
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but not this many, and not so young and stupid.

kitt kat
04-28-2010, 04:22 PM

THIS IS AMAZING

mmblack
04-28-2010, 08:01 PM
people born after 1990 = FAIL.

minogueCOMMAk
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
people born after 1990 = FAIL.

I was born in 1990. Am I the cut off or am I a fail? Please let me know soon. This is really important.

rasooli
04-28-2010, 08:19 PM
^ You = fail b/c of that unnecessary rant from the Orbital thread.

I would say people who haven't graduated high school yet b/c of their age = fail. Those fucking kids in the Sahara REALLY pissed me off.

minogueCOMMAk
04-28-2010, 08:24 PM
^ You = fail b/c of that unnecessary rant from the Orbital thread.

I would say people who haven't graduated high school yet b/c of their age = fail. Those fucking kids in the Sahara REALLY pissed me off.

You fail for fucking trying to tell someone how to do their drugs. I am sorry King of the Drugs. Why don't you come off of your throne made of Mary Jane with your sceptar made of Molly and walk down your floor made of Acid and explain how to never have a bad moment or two on drugs. Please do, so we can all be as perfect with our drug use as you. Our Coachella depends on it.

rasooli
04-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Are you kidding me? I wasn't telling the person how to do his drugs....get the facts straight before you start ranting. I said it was funny how he left the two best shows of the festival in consective nights (Flying Lotus and Orbital) b/c he was too high. And I've never tried Molly (E) or Acid, all the more reasons you fail.

minogueCOMMAk
04-28-2010, 08:44 PM
You said this exact samething in the Flying Lotus thread. Stop smoking weed if you can't handle it.....you left the two best performances of the weekend because you couldn't "handle" your weed. Thats weak.

You sound like a total asshole. Congrats.

guedita
04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Rasooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooli

betao
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
People were moshing at Infected Mushroom. And at Pendulum in 2008. It's just a fucking buzzkill. Jumping up and down, yeah, fine. But know your fucking music. Before you know it, kids will start moshing to dubstep.

There's also alot of it going on at Prodigy gigs. But depending on what they're playing, that's a different story.

But yes, those fucking kids who have no idea what's going on and are just there to be seen and look obnoxious as possible are very annoying when trying to enjoy a show. That's partly what made Orbital and Plastikman have really good vibes - because they weren't there.

minogueCOMMAk
04-28-2010, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=betao;1730453]People were moshing at Infected Mushroom. And at Pendulum in 2008. It's just a fucking buzzkill. Jumping up and down, yeah, fine. But know your fucking music. Before you know it, kids will start moshing to dubstep.
[QUOTE]

I know that Bassnectar doesn't like to consider himself dubstep, but there was a mosh going on during his set. Total buzzkill.

rasooli
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Wow, minogueCOMMak, we can actually agree on something. Those fucking kids moshing during Infected Mushroom (b/c I was attemping to get a good spot for Orbital) FUCKING SUCKED; and the majority of them were those fucking kids.

Gribbz
04-28-2010, 09:52 PM
People were moshing at Infected Mushroom. And at Pendulum in 2008. It's just a fucking buzzkill. Jumping up and down, yeah, fine. But know your fucking music. Before you know it, kids will start moshing to dubstep.

There's also alot of it going on at Prodigy gigs. But depending on what they're playing, that's a different story.

But yes, those fucking kids who have no idea what's going on and are just there to be seen and look obnoxious as possible are very annoying when trying to enjoy a show. That's partly what made Orbital and Plastikman have really good vibes - because they weren't there.

This. NO MOSHING IN THE SAHARA.

rasooli
04-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd agree to that

rasooli
04-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Rasooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooli

Ms. GGGGGGUUUUUUEEDDDDIIIITTTTTAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

betao
04-29-2010, 09:48 AM
This. NO MOSHING IN THE SAHARA.

Possibly another t-shirt...?

Devin the Dude
04-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I thought the bro-mosh during Bassnectar that was going on directly next to our group was quite cute. I lol'd, many a time.

mattpach
04-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Before you know it, kids will start moshing to dubstep.

I've seen this happen way too many times.

hangthedj112
04-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Don't be an ageist prick, I've been a bitter, elitist cunt for at least a decade.

Bitter elitist cunt

Noun phrase: One who dislikes trying to enjoy EDM shows amidst pacifier sucking teenagers with excessive kandi and being distracted from the artist's stage performance by sit down glow glove shows on the dance floor. One who would prefer if attendees to an EDM show were there for the music, not to do drugs and be seen/scene.

See, that would be a valid point if it was a real EDM show, when you show up to Ellen Allien and there's a bunch of underage kids waving glowsticks in each others' faces you can bitch, when you attend any event featuring steve aoki....

BROKENDOLL
04-29-2010, 01:35 PM
lol, I actually think steve aoki being mauled by a thousand k-tarded kandi kids would be a video worthy of viral-ness.
ps, bev, I've had your kandi on since you gave it to me- whole trip home and every waking minute since :D
LOL Personally, I think an even better vid would be one of a middle-aged women pinning that loud, obnoxious, over-wound excuse of a Dj down, and then subduing him with several of her own handmade candy bracelets while shoving a blinking pacifier in his mouth. I know that's not very PLUR, but are any of you gonna argue that it wouldn't be funny as Hell? I don't think so.

Anyway, glad to hear that the quality of my first candy production is up to par. While tying the knots to secure them, I kept having visions of someone raising their arms to fistpump and then sending a rainbow of beads acrossed the whole crowd! LOL How about the festival bracelet? Still on also?

Ardentbiscuit
04-29-2010, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about the ravers, hipsters and other kids. I'm sure they'll all turn out to be Republican bankers and politicians.

I was out front of the show and the scalpers sold a bunch of kids fake tickets. They came back to the scalpers and asked for a refund and they refused. The kids screamed, threw the tickets and all kinds of stuff but they weren't moved. They stood their ground at no refund.

minogueCOMMAk
04-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I thought the bro-mosh during Bassnectar that was going on directly next to our group was quite cute. I lol'd, many a time.

I wasn't with you during Bassnectar, but we obviously had to be pretty close. There was only one person between the mosh pit and myself, so it was hard to dance for fear of being knocked out. That being said, it did scare away a lot of girls, so more men for me. :lips

Stefachink
05-03-2010, 01:21 AM
I would say people who haven't graduated high school yet b/c of their age = fail.

That hurts my heart. We all know it's senseless to make that type of broad generalization, right?

P.S. I was the one who started that Official Coachella 2010 Countdown with Pictures Thread you said you loved so much.

misterpickles
05-03-2010, 07:01 AM
there was definitely some moshing going on during proxy.. i saw some kid come out with a bloody face, and i must say it seemed rather appropriate

guedita
05-03-2010, 08:36 AM
See, that would be a valid point if it was a real EDM show, when you show up to Ellen Allien and there's a bunch of underage kids waving glowsticks in each others' faces you can bitch, when you attend any event featuring steve aoki....

I went to the 21 + San Francisco Bloody Beetroots show, not the HARD show. My point is that HARD sometimes nabs good acts (Fake Blood, Soulwax) and I wish their events weren't all ages, because then I would be more inclined to go. I avoid Steve Aoki like the plague.

Honky Cassanova
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM

Is this a cellulite convention?

FoxeyLady
05-03-2010, 12:59 PM
This one...
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd120/hipsterrunoff/photographs/hro/97276956.jpg

Stefachink
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
there was definitely some moshing going on during proxy.. i saw some kid come out with a bloody face, and i must say it seemed rather appropriate

That's nuts! Sounds like a MMA fight.

Stefachink
05-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I agree with not making it an all ages event. They're probably just milking the cash as much as they can right now until they get dinged for it. Isn't EDC 16+? I've never been before but to those of you who have, did that seem to make a difference in the behavior of the crowd at all?

weezy f baby
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I agree with not making it an all ages event. They're probably just milking the cash as much as they can right now until they get dinged for it. Isn't EDC 16+? I've never been before but to those of you who have, did that seem to make a difference in the behavior of the crowd at all?

Thats kinda fucked don't you think? I mean, i started going to shows when I was 13 and now music dominates my life and I'm long in the tooth. I don't know how I'd be now if I weren't allowed into concerts until 16 or 18. That seems like a way shitty life to me. To say that one is too young to appreciate art is ageist.

Let the kids have fun. They're not ruining it for anyone. It's like everyone forgets what it was like to be their age.

Stefachink
05-06-2010, 08:35 PM
That's true. Now that I think of it, I am deprived of so many shows because I'm not 18+. Not cool. Two more months and that'll all be over, thank goodness. I've always wanted to go to the Dublab in LA since I was 15. They have so many great acts compiled together there! Their events are usually either 18+ or 21+ unfortunately. 16+ actually isn't too bad for a massive rave though since a lot of people will be intoxicated/on drugs and not exactly in their right mind. I'd protect the younger people from pedophilia. Pretty sure it's more of a safety thing, especially with curfew. But if there was an age limit for something like a band playing in a non-massive venue, then I'd be pissed.

Josesativa
05-10-2010, 02:58 PM

who did all this? i loved that article talking shit yet interesting

minogueCOMMAk
05-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Do you not understand how a url or website works? That is what we refer to as a blog.

Mr. Dylanja
05-10-2010, 03:03 PM
For those that went, did they play Butter or Awesome?

choice cat
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM
haha woow i lmao at that link ! so true about kids going to spend the night at a friends house with "bad parents" haha

ELECtROjan
05-10-2010, 04:25 PM
For those that went, did they play Butter or Awesome?

they didnt play either at the SF show

Josesativa
05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
This message is hidden because minogueCOMMAk is on your ignore list

guedita
05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
"Zing"

minogueCOMMAk
05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
This message is hidden because minogueCOMMAk is on your ignore list

HAHAHA. Yes, I feel like this is an accomplishment.

Plus, he didn't even have to common sense to realize that this wasn't something someone from the board made up, but an actual running blog. Buffoon.

andersunnO)))
05-10-2010, 06:11 PM
so i went to a disco show the other night and everybody was on cocaine. oh wait...