PDA

View Full Version : Those without tickets. How did YOU get in?

Mediocregenerica
04-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Spent about 4 hours friday all day long with a sign looking for tickets. No luck at all. Finally around 5 pm i found some mexican chunky guy sneaking in people for 60 bucks.

The next day some guy sold me a fake tickets. The girl who scanned my ticket didnt care and just rushed me along. I got my wristband and was filled with relief for the rest of the weekend.

How did you get in? There must of been a lot of people on here that snuck in some how.

beavington
04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Finally around 5 pm i found some mexican chunky guy sneaking in people for 60 bucks.

Coyotes at Coachella.

I wanna be a 2011 Coachella Coyote

Mediocregenerica
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Coyotes at Coachella.

Dude we waited in line for this guy. If i had the balls to i would so do it. Im sure he made bank

daxton
04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Coyotes at Coachella.

I also saw Minuitemen.

meyouseek
04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Casual acquaintances of mine were shuffling people in all day. Wristband + Super Glue or loose wristbands.

Ins & Outs failed. Go back to 3 printed tickets and we'll be fine. GV can still sell them as sets of 3-day passes. Then when someone gets too tired to make it one day they'll send in fresh friend to go in and spend lots of money.

See, everybody wins.

Suffacated
04-23-2010, 04:03 PM
If I would have seen that thieving cockroach bastard, I would have punched him in his fucking throat and left them for the uniformed cops to deal with.

PapaDill
04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
I had a friend who just walked in during the clusterfuck of security on friday.

Cammo
04-23-2010, 11:31 PM
I saw a guy hop the wrist band check point with a quick sprint and no one followed him...poor security this year

choice cat
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM
i heard countlesss stories of people sneaking in , we were asked many times for help in sneaking people in as our campsite was the very first campsite closest to the festival entrance., where the gate kept coming down haha

minogueCOMMAk
04-23-2010, 11:37 PM
It pisses me off that I worked for my ticket and actually earned my ticket for Coachella.

choice cat
04-23-2010, 11:41 PM
yeah i hear you .. but honestly I really don't care it was worth every penny to me and money was the last thing on my mind that whole weekend anyways. some people steal and get away with it thats just that

JustSteve
04-24-2010, 09:40 AM
as long as they can live with being a thief. guess i was raised with morals and respect.

Voodoo Hipster
04-24-2010, 10:01 AM
as long as they can live with being a thief. guess i was raised with morals and respect.

but if you ask them..its not stealing cos the festival was sold out or it's not stealing cos they bought fake tickets..It's all bullshit. People took advantage and they are thieves.

JustSteve
04-24-2010, 10:03 AM
that's why i like to believe in karma. you reap what you sow.

minogueCOMMAk
04-24-2010, 10:12 AM
but if you ask them..its not stealing cos the festival was sold out or it's not stealing cos they bought fake tickets..It's all bullshit. People took advantage and they are thieves.

Oh man, these xboxes are sold out. I guess it's cool if I just take one. I mean, I can't buy one, so it isn't stealing.

sonofhal
04-24-2010, 10:14 AM
I think you'd struggle to steal an xbox from a store that has none.

Kropladop
04-24-2010, 06:20 PM
If I would have seen that thieving cockroach bastard, I would have punched him in his fucking throat and left them for the uniformed cops to deal with.

LMAO

NoMeansYes2010
04-25-2010, 12:45 AM
I think you'd struggle to steal an xbox from a store that has none.

Quoted for truth.

TomServo
04-25-2010, 01:44 AM

If people bought fake tickets, how can you fault them for trying to find a way in? They should just eat the $300 loss to make themselves feel morally superior?

The loose wristbands + superglue was a very common occurrence - folks on Craig's List were selling this very thing - you pay a set amount, they pop off a wristband and put it on your wrist, after others are in with the same wristband. VIP, also... this is why they were checking VIP wristbands for the plastic fastener by the end of the festival.

Honestly, it would help tremendously if festivals would be honest about their sellout situation. Coachella was the worst - with only one pricing tier, it's impossible for a purchaser to know how close they are to not getting a ticket. Lolla and other festivals do early-bird, advance, and regular tickets, and if the first two sets of tickets are gone, it's time to decide to buy or not buy.. with a financial incentive to decide early. There are a great many people whose financial situation a few weeks ahead isn't real clear - tough to decide to buy the $300 ticket when you make $10 an hour and your rent is due, and the car needs work.

I know, the generic answer is "if you can't afford the $300, you can't afford to go." I scraped quarters together to see Billy Idol for $21 in my day. If the poor version of me somehow managed to get $300 the week of the festival, then got ripped off by a scumbag, I wouldn't be saying "oh, well, the only moral thing to do is go home and watch the webcast!"

righteousdnk
04-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Layaway. All this complaining when all you needed was $70 up front and the $120 a month later, and a final $120 a month later. If I had to pay $300 up front I probably wouldn't have been able to have gone this year or last.

stellarpoet22
04-25-2010, 08:33 AM
No Sean pendejos si no pueden pagar Su boleto cuando saben Que los boletos van a salir a venta no Esta bien Que traten entrar gratis...estas bguey!.... my Spanish isn't do good but seriously everyone had enough times notice to buy their ticket it doesn't make sense to try and sneak in.

guanaco101
04-25-2010, 08:36 AM

Internet tough guy LOL.

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-25-2010, 08:42 AM
GUANACO from ES?

myelectrolife
04-25-2010, 08:50 AM
It seemed like every time I went to my locker there was at least one person who jumped the fence and just took off in a mad sprint in to the venue area. The horse security was always like "HEY YOU STOP, STOP, STOP...." and they would try to get their horse to run after the culprits but they ALWAYS got away. I saw this 3 different time through out the weekend while at my locker so I imagine that it probably happend like 100 times. Once the people got into a crowd of people the horse security just gave up. Its not like you can charge through a group of people with those massive horse they were on. GV would smart to have more security out there on FOOT.

Regarless everyone always cheered when the people got away. HAHAHAHA

Lynn163
04-25-2010, 09:04 AM
We saw them catch one of the runners buy the neck of his shirt and make him walk out between the horses. All through the weekend people were bragging about not having to pay to get in all weekend....one of the groups had a locker right next to ours!

guanaco101
04-25-2010, 09:10 AM
GUANACO from ES?

100%

Rajah
04-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I attend every year and usually buy a ticket as soon as they go on sale. But things were a bit different this year. I had some friends who know a vendor and for Phish 8 they gave me one of the three vendor bracelets that he gave them. They said that it would be the same for Coachella, until after it sold out. :0

At that point, I started talking to other friends that were coming and a buddy of mine said his group had an extra, but no place to stay. I am local and offered to put them up with food and drink for the extra and they agreed. But the Saturday before the fest they backed out because of work and, as it turns out, hadn't yet secured the tickets (?), or maybe just sold them for a profit, and, once again, I was scrambling.

I began to seek work options as I know several vendors, but everbody had a full boat already. :(

On Thursday night, another very good friend of mine, who was also stuck, called me to say that he had been called by a friend of his who offered to GIVE him two backstage bracelets for the weekend - except for during Coheed & Cambria, and he wanted me to be the 'all other bands guy!!!'

I took off work early Friday and the rest is history ;)

BTW - On Sunday, I went to the fest with my original vendor friends to meet my buddy with the backstage bracelet to get me in and had trouble getting through vendor entrance to meet up with him sans bracelet, so their vendor friend took me on his rig through several locked gates (he had all the keys) to a trailer and pulled out a fistfull of backstage bracelets!!!

Good things come to those who wait, I guess?

frozen pilgrim
04-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Internet tough guy LOL.

lol, as it happens, suffacated's probably one of the only dudes on here that's tougher in real life than online.

minogueCOMMAk
04-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Actually, I'm glad this thread exists. Although it should be called "areas security will be tougher next year thread"

meaganpeach
04-25-2010, 09:42 AM
I, personally, bought my ticket this year. But my boyfriend's dad always makes fake Field braclets and gets in no problem. Also, my boyfriend's sisters friend made some make VIP bracelets and they looked like shit, but they let her in. I guess you just have to be crafty. Oh, and I saw a couple of my friends that had jumped a couple fences to get in.

JustSteve
04-25-2010, 09:47 AM
so you like hanging out with criminals? cool.

fatbastard
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
A co-worker informed me how he superglued his sister's wrist band in order to attend on Sunday only.

BROKENDOLL
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
I, personally, bought my ticket this year. But my boyfriend's dad always makes fake Field braclets and gets in no problem. Also, my boyfriend's sisters friend made some make VIP bracelets and they looked like shit, but they let her in. I guess you just have to be crafty. Oh, and I saw a couple of my friends that had jumped a couple fences to get in.
Meagan, sorry, but that's not crafty...it's bullshit, and it reflects on you as well in your choice of friends and boyfriend. Thanks to them and many other so called crafty people this year, I'll take a moment to say, "Fuck you" for what I'm sure will be addded hassles for the honest festival goers next year going in...You're a real peach allright, meagan...:puke

BTW, maybe suggest to your crafty friend about getting a job at Micheal's or some artsy place, and earning the $ to pay for a ticket so you don't look so bad to the rest of us who earned the right to be there.

Strange
04-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Meagan, sorry, but that's not crafty...it's bullshit, and it reflects on you as well in your choice of friends and boyfriend. Thanks to them and many other so called crafty people this year, I'll take a moment to say, "Fuck you" for what I'm sure will be addded hassles for the honest festival goers next year going in...You're a real peach allright, meagan...:puke

BTW, maybe suggest to your crafty friend about getting a job at Micheal's or some artsy place, and earning the $ to pay for a ticket so you don't look so bad to the rest of us who earned the right to be there.

rofl, man I've been unemployed for 4 years. I shit you not, 4 fucking years. Guess what? I've made every Coachella (Except '07, fucker sold out too quick for me) since i heard about the fest. I kinda lived with my head in the sand until '06 when Tool played. I start saving as soon as i get back, i all ready have $20 in my Coachella jar. collect can's, do odd job's for family. Above all, don't be a douche and crash the party of everyone who worked for it.
I think we should start a policy, anyone you hear saying "oh man i snuck in so easy" we crowd rush them and drag them to the cop's. Or when you see the people jump the fence, instead of cheering we should close ranks and push them out. fuck man 75k is enough without another 10k douche bag's jamming it up.

Lynn163
04-26-2010, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Strange;1725065]rofl, man I've been unemployed for 4 years. I shit you not, 4 fucking years. Guess what? I've made every Coachella (Except '07, fucker sold out too quick for me) since i heard about the fest. I kinda lived with my head in the sand until '06 when Tool played. I start saving as soon as i get back, i all ready have $20 in my Coachella jar. collect can's, do odd job's for family. Above all, don't be a douche and crash the party of everyone who worked for it.

I love your attitude! I think someone needs to hire you today!

instinct
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
My friend got the wristband of the naked guy when he took off his clothing and tore it off. He sold it to his cousin for $100.

My other friends wristband was so loose she could take it off and she did, but she didn't sell it or anything.

Jakewc151
04-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I saved money for about three months to finance the whole trip + ticket costs. Fuck all of you that got in for free or snuck in... Seriously, karma will bite you in the ass.. GV will take note of your sneaky ways!

Team_Canada
04-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I think if u got in for free, risked not getting in at all, or getting in light legal troubles, well good on you. All you guys need to stop hating, security was mad slack, and the event was sold out! what is a music, party lover to do!?

Needless to say i would a done the same thing, and why do you think people we re cheering the smugglers on when they were running away from the cop on the horse? cauz its hilllarious!

Back off hatersss

Strange
04-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I think if u got in for free, risked not getting in at all, or getting in light legal troubles, well good on you. All you guys need to stop hating, security was mad slack, and the event was sold out! what is a music, party lover to do!?
Back off hatersss
Ummm buy your ticket before it was sold out? Not hard, it's not like they sold like in '07 within a week or two. If you really loved music/Coachella you'd be on the ball.

Mucho Maas
04-29-2010, 05:18 PM
it all just added to clusterfuckchella...good job guys.

Radiohead
04-29-2010, 09:25 PM
The people who snuck in are such a bunch of turds. I have faith that the festival will work the issues out next year so they can stop all of these assholes.

Strange
04-29-2010, 10:15 PM
They need to Razor Wire the shit out of the fences.
Giggity.

PrettyRagdoll
04-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Spent about 4 hours friday all day long with a sign looking for tickets. No luck at all. Finally around 5 pm i found some mexican chunky guy sneaking in people for 60 bucks.

The next day some guy sold me a fake tickets. The girl who scanned my ticket didnt care and just rushed me along. I got my wristband and was filled with relief for the rest of the weekend.

How did you get in? There must of been a lot of people on here that snuck in some how.

To bad you didn't get caught

nine day brawl
04-30-2010, 10:04 AM
i wasn't able to make it to coachella friday and saturday due to a wedding and charity run, but went on ebay and bought a wristband and used it for sunday :D