PDA

View Full Version : The Official They weren't F&*king kidding about it being sold out Thread

corbo
04-22-2010, 05:23 PM
yeah.
it REALLY did sell out.
Psychic Friend wasn't kidding about no tickets being sold
at the festival.

Stefachink
05-03-2010, 02:46 AM
I'll help you out here. Yeah, I was one of those people standing by the side of the road with a "I Need Tickets" sign. We walked around 3/4 of the venue! It was kinda fun at first until hours came by and we just got no luck. That's when it started getting depressing. I think I wanted to cry at one point. Lol! Nonetheless, it was quite adventurous going all the way out there, not knowing what's gonna happen, wound up screwed, but enjoyed the process. It was nice being in the environment at least ... until traffic got insane around the mid-afternoon. Did you ever get in?

captncrzy
05-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks for fucking up the traffic for people that had tickets.

algunz
05-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Stefachick, you may be the only person that didn't get in who didn't have a ticket.

I thank her for atleast that much, captn.

Radiohead
05-03-2010, 02:41 PM
While gate-craching is obviously wrong and obnoxious, I think that the location of Coachella really added to the problem -- people traveled all the way to the festival thinking they'd be able to get tickets, and when they couldn't, they weren't just going to turn around and go all the way back home.

Not saying this is okay, I'm just pointing out that if this happened in LA or something, people would be more likely to just accept defeat and leave, since they'd be closer to home or to other things to do for the weekend. So maybe there's something to be said for holding tickets to sell at the gate on the day of the festival -- it might prevent these people from crashing.

yeahfontaine
05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Gate-craching is wrong, people.

FoxeyLady
05-03-2010, 02:53 PM
While gate-craching is obviously wrong and obnoxious, I think that the location of Coachella really added to the problem -- people traveled all the way to the festival thinking they'd be able to get tickets, and when they couldn't, they weren't just going to turn around and go all the way back home.

Not saying this is okay, I'm just pointing out that if this happened in LA or something, people would be more likely to just accept defeat and leave, since they'd be closer to home or to other things to do for the weekend. So maybe there's something to be said for holding tickets to sell at the gate on the day of the festival -- it might prevent these people from crashing.

Yeah, but if it was closer to LA the amount of people trying to get tickets would be way bigger and more people would have tried to sneak in.

Radiohead
05-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah, but if it was closer to LA the amount of people trying to get tickets would be way bigger and more people would have tried to sneak in.

Yeah, you might be right, but I still think a partial solution to gate-crashing is to hold a couple thousand tickets to sell at the gate. It prevents people who would actually be willing to pay from crashing.

Stefachink
05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Stefachick, you may be the only person that didn't get in who didn't have a ticket.

I thank her for atleast that much, captn.

Thank you algunz :) Yeah, I wasn't the one breaking into the Polo Fields and making your Coachella experience even more clusterfucked. I respect the space they provided you guys. It's a good thing my uncle lives in Riverside so we had some place to go to and have fun after getting denied.

tigermilkboy
05-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, you might be right, but I still think a partial solution to gate-crashing is to hold a couple thousand tickets to sell at the gate. It prevents people who would actually be willing to pay from crashing.

The problem with holding any amount of tickets at the gate for sale, is that you don't know how many people are going to show up. Say you held 2,000, would 10,000 people turn up? Just imagine the scramble, lines and potential volatility of managing that crowd.
It really is simple, tickets go on-sale early in the year. Buy then and stop the mentality of waiting to save $50 by buying from someone the week of the festival. As much as I hate the $30 in Ticketmaster fee's, it is cheaper than driving all the way to Indio and spending hours trying to get in.

rage patton
05-04-2010, 12:22 PM

From a business perspective, this makes absolutely no sense.

Radiohead
05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
From a business perspective, this makes absolutely no sense.

It does if they want to curb overcrowding -- from what I understand, a huge part of the problem was that thousands of people who did not have tickets showed up assuming they could find tickets, and conjested the parking lot and crashed the fest. This problem could be cured by preparing for these people by holding space that they can pay for when they show up. Just saying.

minogueCOMMAk
05-05-2010, 05:23 PM
It does if they want to curb overcrowding -- from what I understand, a huge part of the problem was that thousands of people who did not have tickets showed up assuming they could find tickets, and conjested the parking lot and crashed the fest. This problem could be cured by preparing for these people by holding space that they can pay for when they show up. Just saying.

Okay so see what 10,000 less tickets BEFORE the festival, so there are 10,000 more people that don't have tickets. Let's consider the amount of people that drove to Indio knowing that there were not any tickets available and that they were taking a chance with scalpers and fake tickets.

How many people do you think would flood down to Indio knowing that there were definetly tickets still at the door? Not to mention... what about camping tickets? Do you save some of those at the door?

Your plan makes no sense.

psychic friend
05-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Your plan makes no sense.

THIS

gaypalmsprings
05-05-2010, 05:38 PM
THIS

Oh hai, PF! Did you boot the guy who dissed you on the other thread yet?

corbo
05-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I'll help you out here. Yeah, I was one of those people standing by the side of the road with a "I Need Tickets" sign. We walked around 3/4 of the venue! It was kinda fun at first until hours came by and we just got no luck. That's when it started getting depressing. I think I wanted to cry at one point. Lol! Nonetheless, it was quite adventurous going all the way out there, not knowing what's gonna happen, wound up screwed, but enjoyed the process. It was nice being in the environment at least ... until traffic got insane around the mid-afternoon. Did you ever get in?

yes, i got in because i bought my ticket from someone on this board a couple of days before the festival. i didn't want to take any chances. wow, sorry that you couldn't find tickets. that must've sucked BIG TIME :(

ivankay
05-05-2010, 07:15 PM
i have spent a lot of time in the parking lots the past few years and never did i see the demand for tickets so bad. Normally you see the scalpers with their "Need Tickets" sign, but they were not nearly as numerous as they had been in 2008 and 2009. There were a ton of sad and desperate people in the lots and outside the grounds looking for something.

Stefachink
05-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Awesome, congrats on getting in. That whole week after the incident, I was the biggest Coachella hater on Earth. Flaming about Coachella on my Facebook status and talking a whole lotta smack. I said I would never go to another Coachella ever again. I was ready to find a new music festival to make into a tradition. But now that it's been a few weeks, I've realized how much I love Coachella. There's nothing like it and I wouldn't trade any other music festival for it. I've decided I will be going to Coachella next year and I hope Goldenvoice fixes the faults that took place that weekend. Wishin' you guys the best for 2011 :pulse

amyzzz
05-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Jesus. Just buy presale tix next year. Start saving up NOW. No excuses.

FoxeyLady
05-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Yeah start saving now so you're not screwed when/if it sells out next year (that's what I'm doing). And if once the lineup is announced you decide you don't want to go, then you got a nice wad of extra cash to spend on something else.

koryp
05-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeah start saving now so you're not screwed when/if it sells out next year (that's what I'm doing). And if once the lineup is announced you decide you don't want to go, then you got a nice wad of extra cash to spend on something else.

I fear this is going to make buying tickets on the first day of presale an unholy mess. I'm totally in again!

Stefachink
05-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Oh for sure. I probably won't start saving 'til the summer though. The reason why I had issues with money for Coachella this year is because it's my senior year and there's prom, yearbook, grad nite, etc. to pay for. Nearly killed me. I'm finally making all my payments this week though.

algunz
05-06-2010, 10:28 AM
i have spent a lot of time in the parking lots the past few years and never did i see the demand for tickets so bad. Normally you see the scalpers with their "Need Tickets" sign, but they were not nearly as numerous as they had been in 2008 and 2009. There were a ton of sad and desperate people in the lots and outside the grounds looking for something.

I was shocked by how many people were there looking for tickets. In the past, it was pretty easy to buy tickets in the parking lot. This year it was incredible how many people were wandering, looking to buy.

rasooli
05-11-2010, 01:14 AM
yea, I noticed that too. I wonder if Coachella will eventually turn into Glastonbury where tickets sell out in minutes. That would definitely change the game.

Stefachink
05-11-2010, 10:34 AM
... D: I actually wouldn't be surprised if it did.

canexplain
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Boy I am glad I didn't just decide at the last minute to wing it and drop in ...

Strange
05-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Jesus. Just buy presale tix next year. Start saving up NOW. No excuses.
THIS!
$80 in my jar so far! :) :)

SouthernCali760
05-16-2010, 09:53 AM
It's a good thing my uncle lives in Riverside so we had some place to go to and have fun after getting denied.

Riverside ha thats still about an hour away... anyway sorry you didnt get in..... theres a simple way to avoid this.... buy tickets !:dumbo

Stefachink
05-16-2010, 06:47 PM
For sure. The drive actually isn't too bad. We visit my uncle a lot from Long Beach, which is an hour drive. We've kinda gotten used to it by now.

mr powerful
05-18-2010, 10:30 PM
I don't know about the 75,000 people, at times it seemed like 750,000. There must have been 100,000 plus easy. I stepped on a few people and I wasn't that drunk sometimes

suprefan
05-18-2010, 10:33 PM

Do me a favor, and actually buy your ticket in advance for next year. No wonder you have asked some of the most retarded ticket questions ever in the existance of man.

yeah.
it REALLY did sell out.
Psychic Friend wasn't kidding about no tickets being sold
at the festival.

Youre one ignorant mofo.