PDA

View Full Version : Single day tix next year?

Lavender
04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
It is really wonderful that the Coachella Music Festival has grown over the years and has become the phenomenal success it is today. We really look forward to the event every year and try to plan well in advance.

I think a lot of folks were not clear on the three day pass situation, and that it meant that no single day tickets would be sold. The "sold out" event came as quite a surprise as well.

Unfortunately, this left the door wide open for the counterfeit operations and scams, and so many people were burned...the locals and those that traveled far to get here. We wrote Goldenvoice a letter asking if they would consider selling a limited amount of single day tickets just on the day of the event, (not in advance) but at the venue. Just a thought....Maybe if we all let them know how we feel, they would listen.

It was just so heartbreaking to hear about all the scams, and people trying to get in and couldn't.

I hope the same thing doesn't happen next year. We don't need them crooks!!

Any thoughts??

Concerned Fan

meowlouder
04-22-2010, 02:23 PM
they initially were going to sell one day passes at the door, but it didn't end up happening because of the festival selling out.

minogueCOMMAk
04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
They sold out 3 days.
Why does it make sense to to back to single day?

theGold
04-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't understand how people weren't clear about the single-day passes unless they just flat out didn't read the FAQ. And I really feel for the people who were scammed, I do, but there's always a risk in buying a second hand ticket. Be smart about it. I like the 3-day pass idea. It brings in the music lovers, not just the (insert headlining act here) lovers.

Rats!
04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
They just need to make unique tickets with a security feature (not standard Ticketmaster stock), and no e-tickets. The Rose Bowl does it for $145 tickets, Vegoose did it for $140 tickets, so I think GV can do it for $300 tickets.

lunatic core
04-22-2010, 11:20 PM
I dont think the lack of 1 day tickets is a cause for any of the problems. How they handled the ticketing and bracelets is bad design though. From what I read you got a single wristband that was to be your entry all 3 days?

Mickjagger00
04-22-2010, 11:38 PM
I dont think the lack of 1 day tickets is a cause for any of the problems. How they handled the ticketing and bracelets is bad design though. From what I read you got a single wristband that was to be your entry all 3 days?

I agree totally

WhyTheLongFace
04-23-2010, 01:08 AM

Yes. Just like every other festival who does this.

meowlouder
04-23-2010, 07:45 AM

idk this seems like the most logical way to do it... how would U have done it?

ELECtROjan
04-23-2010, 09:10 AM

The wristbands were awesome. Not only did it take 5min to get in with the quick RFID tag scan but you also couldn't lose your ticket....I understand there were some issues with running out of them on one day at one entrance, but for the most part it was a great feature.

GaragePoet
04-23-2010, 11:01 AM
I like the 3-day pass idea. It brings in the music lovers, not just the (insert headlining act here) lovers.

judging by some of the people that were there, this isn't neccessarily true...

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 11:10 AM
they initially were going to sell one day passes at the door, but it didn't end up happening because of the festival selling out.

They were never going to sell one-day passes, ever. Pro-rated 3 days passes are not one day passes.

hypervera
04-24-2010, 10:33 AM
I paid 70dlls for a wristband (i just wanted to go on saturday, pro-single day tickets) and a lot of people and like 5 friends entered for free, coachella should do something about it next year!

minogueCOMMAk
04-24-2010, 10:41 AM
It NEVER took me more than five minutes to get in. Even when I went in at the end of the night RIGHT before 2manydjs fucking tore up the Sahara AND there was only one line open at that time.

gaypalmsprings
04-24-2010, 10:42 AM
There won't go back to single day. Less profitz.

theGold
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
It NEVER took me more than five minutes to get in. Even when I went in at the end of the night RIGHT before 2manydjs fucking tore up the Sahara AND there was only one line open at that time.

Agreed. I'm wondering what time of day people were entering that there was such a massive line? I came/went multiple times during the day and never saw a huge wait.

guedita
04-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Coming in from the camping entrance was not the problem. It was people who weren't camping who had to deal with massive line/entry problems.

IRSCOTT
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Coming in from the camping entrance was not the problem. It was people who weren't camping who had to deal with massive line/entry problems.

Yeah and it was olny a problem the first day. I saw 3 chicks pass out from sitting in the sun to long. I know the one behind us wasn't faking either her eyes were blanked out.

Radiohead
05-03-2010, 02:25 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering if next year (assuming the set up is the same) non-campers will realize that they can go though the camping area and enter through the camping entrance.

amyzzz
05-03-2010, 02:36 PM
One day tickets are for losers. That said...my hubby can only handle about 2 out of 3 days every year (if that), so I guess this would be better for him.

edit: heh, I don't think my man is a loser though. rofl.

elChurro
05-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Being that it sold out I doubt they'll go back to not selling out.

choice cat
05-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah and it was olny a problem the first day. I saw 3 chicks pass out from sitting in the sun to long. I know the one behind us wasn't faking either her eyes were blanked out.

i find that hard to believe, yes it was hot, but it wasnt THAT hot. We were camping and since we got there on Thursday at about 2 pm we had little to no breaks from the sun the whole weekend until nighttime. us and all our camping neighbors were fine.

lowfront
05-03-2010, 06:27 PM
wasn't it enough of a clusterfuck with 3 day passes only?

holy shit I couldn't imagine the mess it would cause with single day shitbums

darksideofkaos.
05-03-2010, 11:31 PM
It was a clusterfuck because it oversold and a shit ton of ppl snuck in. Personally I thought the 3 day passes would keep the fucks away but it seemed to attract more.

I'm sure as long as it doesn't oversell and it remains organized, Coachella will run fine next year. Afterall this was the first year they ever had 3 day only passes

elChurro
05-04-2010, 06:18 AM
No more mainstream headliners! that is what attracts fence jumpers.

AmoryAnn
05-05-2010, 12:38 PM
They just need to make unique tickets with a security feature (not standard Ticketmaster stock), and no e-tickets. The Rose Bowl does it for $145 tickets, Vegoose did it for $140 tickets, so I think GV can do it for $300 tickets.

Agreed. Some friends of friends used wrist bands from last year and got scanned in. On top of all the people sneeking in (even watched one guy get tackled by security near the ferris wheel)...the ticket situation was quite a mess this year.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-05-2010, 01:45 PM
What wrist bands from last year?

AmoryAnn
05-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah, my question too. I guess they worked last year for a vendor and had wrist bands?

El.C.Dub
05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
people sneak in every year, it was just exacerbated this year by the sell-out. i dont think they will go back to single day passes, because i think three day passes will sell out every year from here on out. they will need to start ironing the bugs out, and i'm sure they will.

canexplain
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
It's a bit interesting that AEG is still going to do single day tics to the Mile High Festival. Small dig: 1 day tic=97.30 2 day tic=175 so it's cheaper to buy the two day if you are going both days for sure. Also no in and outs. One day we might catch up ...