PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch any of the Latin bands?

motionnn77
04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I caught the last song or 2 from Zoe from faraway. Last year I saw all of Molotov (happy I did), Bajofundo and the last part of Mexican Institute of sound.

I guess the conflicts didn't allow me to support them this year.

(I searched a thread on this and couldn't find one).

exemef
04-22-2010, 02:11 PM
the only one I missed was babasonicos, but calle 13, zoe and aterciopelados were awesome.

daxton
04-22-2010, 02:22 PM
No, and I'm disappointed I missed a few of them.

almostaghost
04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
I saw Babasonicos and Aterciopelados. Didn't care too much for Babasonicos, but had fun at Aterciopelados.

JoeCthulhu
04-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Another regret of mine that I didn't take in one latin band.

minogueCOMMAk
04-22-2010, 02:51 PM
I did in passing stopped for two songs. There is a way you can move your hips to Latin music that no others allow.

krisskross
04-22-2010, 05:49 PM
calle 13 is the only one i watched, and they brought some energy!

djbionik
04-22-2010, 06:57 PM
I felt like I had to because I'm Chilean. I don't really like Babasonicos, but I did hear some of my favorite songs from way back. Putita and Risa are great songs. I saw them later at Amoeba Music in LA. ha.. Calle 13 was a great surprise. I really liked them. I've been waiting to see Aterciopelados since I was 15 and heard of them in Chile. They made me cry. They're wonderful people and Andrea Echeverry is an angel. She even gave treats! I'm hoping for Plastilina Mosh, an AWESOME band from Mexico, and any band from Chile, hopefully Niņa Con Frenillos who are a parrrrrty!

RickeyinLA
04-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Calle 13 were fantastic! Great surprise on the way back to camp but we couldn't tear ourselves away. Their horns made the whole thing jump. Excellent.

citizenerased
04-22-2010, 08:12 PM
I REALLY wanted to see CeU but she had to conflict with getting a good spot for Fever Ray. It looks like it was really good on youtube, and she looked gorgeous.

motionnn77
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
I felt like I had to because I'm Chilean. I don't really like Babasonicos, but I did hear some of my favorite songs from way back. Putita and Risa are great songs. I saw them later at Amoeba Music in LA. ha.. Calle 13 was a great surprise. I really liked them. I've been waiting to see Aterciopelados since I was 15 and heard of them in Chile. They made me cry. They're wonderful people and Andrea Echeverry is an angel. She even gave treats! I'm hoping for Plastilina Mosh, an AWESOME band from Mexico, and any band from Chile, hopefully Niņa Con Frenillos who are a parrrrrty!

Monica...Is this you? I remember what you said about Atercleopelados in your email. I'll check out some of these people you mentioned.

I really did like what I heard from Zoe and have downloaded since then.

hendrixfan143
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
they sounded like all other latin bands

frijolesx
01-16-2011, 12:05 PM
-saw Aterciopelados wasnt impressed. had been wanting to see them for a while now so i guess my expectations were high. Andrea wore some cool blow up pants that made her look bigger.. but yea in the end i was hoping they would set the tone since it is coachella and all.. made me second think myself about watching latin bands but caifanes this year should be the shit :)
-calle 13 was chill, loved some of the instruments they used.. calle did alot better thani expected.. renes sister got down thru out the show..
-was pissed i missed zoe, i lost my bracelet the day before so i had to go thrualot of shiz to get back in...
-was at ceu but was way too messed up to remember, damn drugs :( i hear fever ray had a great show though
-watched the last song of baba from far away they seemed like they had alot of energy

JoeCthulhu
01-16-2011, 03:31 PM
better late than never, I guess.

le cab
01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
better late than never, I guess.

hahaha

soybean
01-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I think I saw them all?

Babasonicos were one of my favorite performances of the festival.
Aterciopelados and Calle 13 were both really fun. I'd seen them before.
Ceu sounded great...had to leave her set early to catch someone else (PIL, I think).
Zoe was boring. Didn't really care for them.

OnlyNonStranger
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Ceu was good. I had never heard of her before but she was right smack in between two sets that I really wanted to see.

gaypalmsprings
01-17-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't speak Latin. The Latin bands were difficult to understand.

Kropladop
01-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Mexican Institute Of Sound in 09 was amazing!

weareyourfriends
01-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Bajofondo was fantastic in 2009. They have so many instruments and sounds going on, I really wish I had gone to see them last year at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Anyway there set was really intimate - Gobi was about half full after everyone left to see Paul McCartney... anyway they brought up some of the crowd onstage to dance. I caught most of their set but left in time for Hey Jude and a bunch of fireworks going off. Amazing!

est1985
01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
I caught most of Calle 13s set from last year and very glad I did. Such a fun day show! Everyone was dancing and moving and having a great time. Looking forward to Caifanes!

elbrycen
01-18-2011, 01:29 PM
"my english are not bery good, so this next song is a say fuck to the george bush!"

vogina
01-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Calle 13