PDA

View Full Version : What the!?

Gyrus
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Seriously, what the fuck was the go with Sunday???
No one on main stage from 8:55 to 10:30?
Sahara closing at 10:30???

What happened to finishing on a high note? I don't think Justice or RATM even started until about 11 a few years ago, I just feel like Sunday was a giant bag of shit compared to past years efforts.

And getting into the festival on Friday, fuck me I waited in line for over 2 hours in the stifling fucking heat with people fainting next to me only to hear they ran out of fucking wristbands and that's why it was taking so long????
What, THE, FUCK!!!! Seriously, worst organised Coachella ever.

I remember trying to get into the beer garden on Saturday and this dog the bounty hunter looking cunt wasn't letting anyone else in even though there was a steady stream of people coming out. I nearly wanted to stab the asshole in the eye with a rusty tent stake, uptight wanna be rent a cop mother fucker.

ARRRRRRGghghhh still so pissed, honestly, horribly organised event this year.
How is it possible to RUN OUT OF WRISTBANDS!?!?!?!?
/end rant
grrrrrrrrrr

weeklymix
04-22-2010, 12:33 AM
There's a thread for that.

Sinthetic
04-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Thread is spot on. First time at Coachella and
I'll gladly save my spending money on some other outlet/event next year. The organization of this festival (for it's size and years) was flat out a complete joke. For those that witnessed the Friday entrance debacle off of Monroe (main entrance maybe?), it was a crying shame. I've never seen such a clusterfuck in my life. A total of three guys were handling baggage check, waits were in the 4 hour range, wristbands were ran out, zero crowd control and little to no direction from the idiots in yellow.

Shameful for an event of such size.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Josesativa
04-22-2010, 09:31 AM
I'll gladly save my spending money on some other outlet/event next year. The organization of this festival (for it's size and years) was flat out a complete joke. For those that witnessed the Friday entrance debacle off of Monroe (main entrance maybe?), it was a crying shame. I've never seen such a clusterfuck in my life. A total of three guys were handling baggage check, waits were in the 4 hour range, wristbands were ran out, zero crowd control and little to no direction from the idiots in yellow.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

well you should have planned like some of us and arrived thursday.. i mean what festival have you shown up to that is huge like coachella and not had to wait in line? its something that you have to deal with . there will always be a long line

tigermilkboy
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
well you should have planned like some of us and arrived thursday.. i mean what festival have you shown up to that is huge like coachella and not had to wait in line? its something that you have to deal with . there will always be a long line

Not everyone has the luxury of arriving Thursday. Besides that is totally passing the buck because the problems were there on Thursday afternoon.
People arriving on Friday should not be a problem for a major festival. It was never a problem in the past, why was it this year?

Sladokusac
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
this was my 3rd Coachella in a row, and yes, the worst organization so far...

Gyrus
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
1) I arrived on thursday and was staying at the Hyatt, why the fuck would I drive all the way to Coachella just to get a wristband on Thursday? Fully agree guys, I'm just astounded they ran out of wristbands!!!

2) Weeklymix, There's also a thread for being a dousch, why don't you find it and stick it in your anus you elitest prick. Go eat a box a dicks.

3) Definitely worst organisation of the three Coachellas I've been to. I can appreciate having to wait in a line, but not for 4 fucking hours in the blistering sun, sort your shit out Coachella.

cuauhtemoc723
04-22-2010, 05:08 PM

this is not taking care of the issue. this merely puts the responsibility back on the patron and that's not fair.

this was my 3rd Coachella in a row, and yes, the worst organization so far...

it breaks my heart that sooo many people have such bad stories of the organization of the event this year. luckily (or actually not) my husband got diagnosed with a condition and we got disability wristbands. that made our experience the closest to v.i.p - ever! i'm sorry that a lot of you had such a bad time with the logistics of it all - hopefully it'll get better...

unit300021
04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
???? was for Thome York and his nameless band at the time if the initial announcement. Since then his band name was changed to Atoms for Peace. Why they never changed it on the poster was beyond me. The ???? was never meant to suggest a surprise act or anything of that sort.

redthreat
04-22-2010, 06:51 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/PO7020B~Shit-Happens-Posters.jpg

redheadcrusader
04-23-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm not going to lie, Coachella didn't have the best handle on the situation.

I knew about the lines and I had great company so I could have cared less. Regardless of passing the buck, it's a huge event, you're going to have to wait somewhere. Have you guys never been to Disneyland or any other amusement park?

The ticket thing is unforgivable. I mean that's just retarded.

But all these people complaining that they couldn't see the bands... that it was too crowded... did you really think you were going to get up front for every single band you like? That's not how it works.

Here are the things that GV missed the mark on:

Camping:
Officials warned us about staying as a group when we come in or we couldn't camp together. Yet, your weaksauce security detail couldn't regulate the flow of traffic and your douchebag horse security made what was supposed to be a leisure deal a nightmare. Check cars in groups if you're going to break up the flow of what's going on.

Showers:
Last year, there were a minimum of two shower trailers per side of each section of the campground. I remember seeing at least 8. This year? You put six coralled in the same spot in the sun with long as wait lines. 2-3 hours to get cleaned up is a joke. Plus you really need to regulate the time used in the shower to under 5 minutes. Ladies were treating their time in them like they were in a god damn holiday inn.

In the venue:
You had a better handle on the water flow traffic this year, but taking away the third water tent by main stage was a mistake. Very few people were going to go out back to the front just to get water. You need to reposition how you handle that a lot better. There was no need for the merch tent to be inside the festival. It was better out by where that dub step thunderdome was last year.

Speaking of dub, that central stage is getting pretty big. Not that I minded, but for bigger acts on the outdoor stage sometime the sounds overlapped if you couldn't get far enough in.

You need to raise the secondary screens on the main up higher so shorter people can see them.

Finally, make all the tents the same size. Even if Gobi doesn't fill, it's a great place to provide shade for people who didn't know someone or shell out more money for VIP.

HandBanana
04-23-2010, 09:15 AM
But all these people complaining that they couldn't see the bands... that it was too crowded... did you really think you were going to get up front for every single band you like? That's not how it works.

Not one single person has made that claim. Not one.

Have you been to any of the years other than this?

If not, kindly shut the hell up. You dont know what you are talking about and you are absolutely unqualified to address the complaints of anyone who has.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
1)
2) Weeklymix, There's also a thread for being a dousch, why don't you find it and stick it in your anus you elitest prick. Go eat a box a dicks.

He not being elitist. He didn't call you names or anything. It's just that there are a bunch of threads about this already, as it has been being discussed ad nauseum since Monday morning. The board is just starting to get cluttered with this. It would have taken only a moment to see "clusterfuck," or any number of angry threads strewn about the forums.

Dogvolta
04-23-2010, 09:27 AM

What happened to finishing on a high note? I don't think Justice or RATM even started until about 11 a few years ago, I just feel like Sunday was a giant bag of shit compared to past years efforts.

And getting into the festival on Friday, fuck me I waited in line for over 2 hours in the stifling fucking heat with people fainting next to me only to hear they ran out of fucking wristbands and that's why it was taking so long????

I remember trying to get into the beer garden on Saturday and this dog the bounty hunter looking cunt wasn't letting anyone else in even though there was a steady stream of people coming out. I nearly wanted to stab the asshole in the eye with a rusty tent stake, uptight wanna be rent a cop mother fucker.

/end rant
grrrrrrrrrr

There is a thread for every single one of those complaints. But that is good, more threads bitching about all of this shit the better.
I experienced EVERYTHING you listed, and feel the exact same way about the lackluster closer on Sunday. The only thing I have to add to your list:
My friends and I had to sit in my car for FIVE GOD DAMNED HOURS on Friday (and yes we left our hotel at a VERY reasonable time). The five hours would have been 6 or 7 had we not drove over the medium, flipped a bitch, and found some random ass back parking lot they literally just opened.

aphrael
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
did you really think you were going to get up front for every single band you like?

I didn't go this year; I don't know what was or wasn't possible.

But I do know that in previous years I've been able to get up front for every band I wanted to get up front for.

Sometimes that meant sitting through the set of whoever was on before them so I'd be in the right place at the right time. But it's always been possible.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Sometimes that meant sitting through the set of whoever was on before them so I'd be in the right place at the right time. But it's always been possible.

That was perfectly easy to do this year too.

weeklymix
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Drinkey read me correctly. OP is defensive because he wet his pants at Coachella.

Why would you all create a clusterfuck of threads to talk about how much everything at the festival sucked because it was a clusterfuck?

Redundant. Ironic. Delete.

Gyrus
04-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Drinkey read me correctly. OP is defensive because he wet his pants at Coachella.

Whatever, as if I'm going to grab a thesaurus and search for every synonym of "terrible organisation".
I searched for a couple things before I posted my rant.

So what if I did wet my pants, it happens man, incontinence is a serious condition, sometimes I just get too excited.

Besides, I just like telling people to go eat a box of dicks, don't take it personally.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Whatever, as if I'm going to grab a thesaurus and search for every synonym of "terrible organisation".

So what if I did wet my pants, it happens man, incontinence is a serious condition, sometimes I just get too excited.

Besides, I just like telling people to go eat a box of dicks, don't take it personally.

So you're just an asshole.
Okay, good to know. Carry on.

chaynes
04-24-2010, 05:20 AM
i will add my voice to the cluster fuck pile....

1> friday wristband lineups was a joke! Why not mail out wristbands?
2> too many tix were sold, it inhibited mobility between venues for those who like to float and check out lots of music.
3. the venues were too jammed, watching concerts from the DoLab is not my idea of fun. because of how far you had to get from tents and stages, there was way too much sound bleed.

Coachella needs to re-design a few things if it plans to remain this large..

DopeMatic3002
04-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Complain complain complain complain complain....COACHELLA WAS AWESOME! SHUT UP! My group sat in traffic, my group stood in line and got our wristbans (get there earlier you lazy asses), my group saw everyone we wanted to see, and had good spots. Guess we're special because we found a way to make things work given the circumstances.

instinct
04-24-2010, 11:23 AM
i will add my voice to the cluster fuck pile....

1> friday wristband lineups was a joke! Why not mail out wristbands?
2> too many tix were sold, it inhibited mobility between venues for those who like to float and check out lots of music.
3. the venues were too jammed, watching concerts from the DoLab is not my idea of fun. because of how far you had to get from tents and stages, there was way too much sound bleed.

Coachella needs to re-design a few things if it plans to remain this large..

If people get wristbands too far ahead of time it people more time to replicate them.. I don't know how hard it would be to do the scanning ones though.

BROKENDOLL
04-24-2010, 11:41 AM

Maybe you should have searched a dictionary first before searching for the other couple of things. Sorry, my friend, but in the first week after Coachella, the first page of this forum is chock full of everything you've brought to our attention again.
As for telling peop0le to eat a box of dicks, but not to take that personally, I'm assuming you've tried them then, and it's merely a recommendation that everybody try them...Do you have a clue how fattening a whole box of dicks are? And that's way too much protein all at once! Geez, you'll end up just gagging and letting them go to waste! You're supposed to savior them one at a time, slowly and methodically in order to get their full flavor and succulent juices. You'll have that shit everywhere if you down the whole box all at once, you big silly!

Wait, Andrew...this guys an asshole and he's recommending the whole box of dicks? Yikes! He needs to take his shit somewhere else then!

BROKENDOLL
04-24-2010, 11:43 AM
My apologies to the other regular board members here. It's really not like me to take things that far into left field, is it? *smirk*

zimmy1222
04-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Boo fucking hoo you stupid cunts.

Was it a clusterfuck? Yes.

Is it surprising? No.

With all the changes, it was bound to be a screwed up.

Why did I not give 2 shits about the disorganization? Because I was at FUCKING COACHELLA.

I missed one set I really wanted to see the whole weekend. That's it. There was 90,000 people on the grounds, as posted before, shit happens.

So shut the Fuck up you fucking cunts and feel privileged that you were spoiled with a fantastic event.

ialvarado2
04-25-2010, 12:06 AM

Coachella 2009 and 2008

Ardentbiscuit
04-25-2010, 07:51 AM
They did launch a new festival division with a somebody who hasn't run Coachella before in charge. Maybe this is the first year he was completely in charge of Coachella. Maybe that's why it was such a mess.

Honestly though, I don't see AEG/GV's motivation to fix anything. They made a lot of money and sold the concert out.

Goldenvoice/AEG launches festival division headed by Stuart Ross
Wed, Feb 18th 2009 12:21 pm EDT
By Jane Cohen & Bob Grossweiner

Promoter Goldenvoice/AEG has launched a North American festival division headed by music industry veteran Stuart Ross, who will be in charge of production and operations.

Ross will work on the company’s festivals, including the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival (Indio, CA), Stagecoach Country Music Festival (Indio, CA), The Mile High Festival (Commerce City, CO), Rothbury (Rothbury, MI) and All Points West Music & Arts Festival (Jersey City, NJ), among others.

A 30-year industry veteran, Ross was part of the original Lollapalooza team (1991-97), worked with Tom Waits for more than 20 years as his North American booking agent and tour director, and also served as tour accountant and/or tour manager for Metallica, George Michael, Weezer and Spinal Tap.

In addition to his new position, Ross will continue as Waits' booking agent and continue to operate his tour consulting firm, Music Tour Consulting.

Coachella will be held April 17-19; Stagecoach, April 25-26; Mile High Festival, July 18-19; Rothbury (July 2-5); and All Points West is yet to be announced.

http://www.ticketnews.com/Goldenvoice-AEG-launches-festival-division-headed-by-Stuart-Ross2918443

brando4n82
04-25-2010, 10:46 AM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ouch...Gotta get there on Thursday

myelectrolife
04-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I didnt think this year was all that bad. I have been to festivals that were WAYYYYYYY more of a clusterfuck then this. 75,000+ people = cluster fuck, no matter how you slice it.

Try Bonnaroo 02' 12+ hours in your car NOT MOVING.
or
Try Phish Big Cypress NYE 00' 18+ hours in line on the side of an interstate.

4 hours????... is nothing

righteousdnk
04-25-2010, 11:48 AM
My only gripe is really with the water situation. I thank GV greatly for having the option of buying a water bottle that I can refill all weekend for free, but why did they get rid of the one dollar refill your own bottle thing? Sixteen ounces of water doesn't last long in that heat. That really wouldn't have been a problem though if they had more refill stations. If I remember correctly last year there were at least three stations and two ground fountains when there was roughly 10,000 less people. This year there were more people and less stations (though there was never really wait which was nice). Don't get me wrong, I used the shit out of that twelve dollar water bottle, it would have just been nice to have more refill stations and it seems like it would make more sense since there were over 10,000 more people than last year.

Gyrus
04-25-2010, 08:23 PM

No I'm not an asshole, I just love fuckin with people.
Why don't you go eat a box of vaginas.

And whilst on topic, as we discussed in length over the coachella weekend,
What would a box of vaginas look like?

Would they be more like crabs, scutlling over one another?
or Clams opening and closing when you get close?
or a box of Snails without shells leaving a slimy trail?

quicksand
04-26-2010, 11:40 AM

Did you.. did you wait to look at the set times until you got there?
There were three other stages of music going on man.

75,000+ people man. That's a lot of fucking people. Get there early next time if you're so up in arms over waiting in line.

FUCK I NEED MY BEER TO ENJOY COACHELLA SHIT I CAN'T GET LOADED WTF THIS WEEKENDS GONNA SUCK NOW

People getting in that shouldn't have :winkiss:

See you at Bamboozle.

zimmy1222
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd totally eat a box of vaginas..

breathewithme
04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
I'd totally eat a box of vaginas..

lolz!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xU8n7R4ccbw/Sdf1R44aY-I/AAAAAAAAC-E/avbgin-7v5c/s400/whine.jpg

seriously, this is the biggest bunch of whiners babies I've ever encountered on these boards.

yes it felt a little too crowded this year, yes it was brutal getting back to our sweet-ass resort after leaving 2manyDJ's late Saturday night (that's what Sunday late-am massages are for, duh!)...but there's always something, every year...like the first year when my bro and I left out the wrong gate, thought we'd die walking the perimeter, trying to find our car...

...every year there are going to be a few minor glitches. But when you consider the many, many amazing aspects of this incredible festival, it always baffles me that people come on here and whine like babies...

...this was my 5th Coachella, and probably my favorite. Just a fantastic time...

Gyrus
04-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Did you.. did you wait to look at the set times until you got there?
There were three other stages of music going on man.

75,000+ people man. That's a lot of fucking people. Get there early next time if you're so up in arms over waiting in line.

FUCK I NEED MY BEER TO ENJOY COACHELLA SHIT I CAN'T GET LOADED WTF THIS WEEKENDS GONNA SUCK NOW

People getting in that shouldn't have :winkiss:

See you at Bamboozle.

lol, yes I looked at the set times, I'm just amazed that they wouldn't fill the main stage with a decent act in that time period. Thom Yorke can suck my left testicle and I'm not a huge fan of Orbital or Hawtin.

Agreed there are lots of people, but it hasn't been an issue the other 2 year I've been... It's not fucking rocket science, scan ticket, issue wristband - NEXT, done.

I was already pretty loaded, I just wanted to sit down with a quiet pizza and a beer and dog the bounty hunter was being a cunt, it wasn't about me wanting to get fucked up in the beer garden.

And it's a basic rule of redundacy, if you need 75,000 wristbands, you don't order 75,000. It's the same principal with airlines, if they have a plane with 300 seats they sell 400 under the assumption that shit will always go down, people miss their flights, change/rebook/cancel. So many wristbands will always be defective/break/get lost. And I find it impossibly hard to comprehend they would run out on Day 1...