PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for 2011(Mr. Tollett please read)

blackwhiteboy24
04-22-2010, 12:24 AM
1. Daft Punk-make it happen, as good as Tiesto is, Daft Punk should have been the first electronica on the main stage, but I can assure you we wont care if you get them here next year.
2. Bring the one day passes back-there was waaaaay too many people there this year one day passes i think make it easier, or expand the grounds somehow(caz i know the true solution of selling less tickets is out of the question, although upping the price would make up for that, just sayin); and this is coming from a Coachella vet(every year other than the first)
3. Lil Wayne-sure the crowd would be a little different, but his first concert back from prison would be just plain sick
4. Justice-No one gets the Sahara pumped like them, let them close the Sahara like they did in 08' on Sunday, they wont disappoint, they never do.
5. The Who-While Muse was good this year, The Who would have been better, make it happen.
6. Mos Def-this festival is made for him bring him back!
7. Don't schedule Tiesto and 2ManyDJs at the same time-I was put in the awkward situation of Tiesto on the main stage and ended up watching his entire set because there was no way I was walking thru the madness to watch the end of soulwax's set which made me sad. :(
thats all for now

weeklymix
04-22-2010, 12:34 AM
1. There's a separate forum for that.
2. There's a separate forum for that.
3. There's a separate forum for that.
4. There's a separate forum for that.
5. There's a separate forum for that.
6. There's a separate forum for that.
7. There's a separate forum for that.

CellarOwl
04-22-2010, 04:33 AM
1...as good as Tiesto is...

This was your first problem, right here.

GaragePoet
04-22-2010, 04:50 AM
5. The Who-While Muse was good this year, The Who would have been better, make it happen.
7. Don't schedule Tiesto and 2ManyDJs at the same time-I was put in the awkward situation of Tiesto on the main stage and ended up watching his entire set because there was no way I was walking thru the madness to watch the end of soulwax's set which made me sad. :(
thats all for now

the Who suck ass these days... Pearl Jam playing Who songs would be better than the Who...

and as for #7, i'd say just don't schedule Tiesto or 2manydj's at all... (esp. Tiesto)

EDIT: oh yeah, and FUCK lil wayne!!

Neighborhood Creep
04-22-2010, 05:34 AM
You're an idiot backwhiteboy, idiot

deftonepuma
04-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Common sense + logistics

Go away. You don't belong here.

JebusLives
04-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Instead of wristbands, they should give out jetpacks. 'cause jetpacks kick ass.

tigermilkboy
04-22-2010, 07:06 AM
I think you failed on every point, but other than that it was.....well, fuck, I can't think of anything positive to say.

gaypalmsprings
04-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Mr. Tollett's vision for a great & unique festival gave way to GV's need for profit. Because of the economy and his hope to keep Coachella going, he sold out his dreams. I wonder how long he will stick around to see his fest become just another event.

tigermilkboy
04-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Mr. Tollett's vision for a great & unique festival gave way to GV's need for profit. Because of the economy and his hope to keep Coachella going, he sold out his dreams. I wonder how long he will stick around to see his fest become just another event.

Funny because usually there is some comment from PT in the days right after Coachella. No word! Very quiet from GV.

CellarOwl
04-22-2010, 07:18 AM

How exactly did he "sell out his dreams?"

juloxx
04-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Stop whining about getting DP to play. I like that Coachella doesnt book them every fucking year. Seriously, keep it limited and special.

Im actually down for Lil Wayne. Though if we are going hip-hop headliner again I prefer Outkast or Dre.

I feel the whole 3 day pass thing works fine, but they just need to put a smaller cap on how many they sell. It was their first time doing alot of new stuff so don't expect them to get it perfectly on their first try.

theGold
04-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Lil Wayne = garbage, imho. Might as well bring in ke$ha while we're at it. \

Outkast is really my only wish.

J~$$$$
04-22-2010, 07:56 AM
caz.

thefrush
04-22-2010, 09:18 AM
You lose, please don't try again.

GaragePoet
04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Though if we are going hip-hop headliner again I prefer Outkast or Dre.

yep... even Cypress Hill's new album is pretty decent, wish they'd been at Coachella this year.

Voodoo Hipster
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Lets see if Justice can follow up the debut before giving them another headling slot..they really havent changed thier set in 3 years

juloxx
04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
yep... even Cypress Hill's new album is pretty decent, wish they'd been at Coachella this year.

Seriously. Cypress Hill is my shit. I was hoping they would be an add for Coachella when I heard they were dropping a new album. Its a shame they werent there.....

Oh well, I can always hope for next year

How is their new album btw? Any tracks in mind that I should peep?

Bendulum
04-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Squarepusher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUKdQn2U084

hellmet
04-22-2010, 11:35 AM
No more 70k tix/wristbands per day. Go back to 38k and making it a two day event. Otherwise other events will b more appealing like bonnaroo or sxsw for example. Having 75k people increases the percentage of douchefuckingbags attending. Fuckem!!!

FoxeyLady
04-22-2010, 11:35 AM
PJ Harvey
The Knife
Neil Young
The White Stripes
Tom Waits
A Tribe Called Quest
Outkast
Basement Jaxx

That is all.

fancy restaurant
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
1. Daft Punk-make it happen, as good as Tiesto is, Daft Punk should have been the first electronica on the main stage, but I can assure you we wont care if you get them here next year.

UHHHHHHHHH

Oakenfold played the main stage in 2001.

theGold
04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
No more 70k tix/wristbands per day. Go back to 38k and making it a two day event. Otherwise other events will b more appealing like bonnaroo or sxsw for example. Having 75k people increases the percentage of douchefuckingbags attending. Fuckem!!!

I wouldn't mind if they lowered attendance, but 3 days was perfect, imo. It gave me time between sets to chill out, discover new music, take in the scene. Smashing everything into 2 days would mean racing from set to set, and missing plenty others.

blackwhiteboy24
04-22-2010, 12:51 PM
the Who suck ass these days... Pearl Jam playing Who songs would be better than the Who...

and as for #7, i'd say just don't schedule Tiesto or 2manydj's at all... (esp. Tiesto)

EDIT: oh yeah, and FUCK lil wayne!!

You are obviously an idiot, the Who are one of the best live acts in the world(still mind you), you are obviously a hater because while im not a fan of Tiesto his set still wasn't bad, and saying fuck lil wayne just adds to the fact how juvenile you are.

blackwhiteboy24
04-22-2010, 12:52 PM
UHHHHHHHHH

...i meant closing it out, in a headliner set time..sorry for not clarifying

GaragePoet
04-22-2010, 01:06 PM
You are obviously an idiot, the Who are one of the best live acts in the world(still mind you), you are obviously a hater because while im not a fan of Tiesto his set still wasn't bad, and saying fuck lil wayne just adds to the fact how juvenile you are.

yep, i'm an idiot because what's left of the Who sounds like a cheap cover band of what they used to be. i'm not saying they didn't used to be a great band, but the last few times i've seen their performances they were stale, bland & unable to capture the raw element that used to make them so great.

Tiesto still sucks...

and FUCK lil wayne. he does not belong at Coachella. perhaps if i actually were juvenile, i would agree w/ your shitty list of choices.

blackwhiteboy24
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
yep, i'm an idiot because what's left of the Who sounds like a cheap cover band of what they used to be. i'm not saying they didn't used to be a great band, but the last few times i've seen their performances they were stale, bland & unable to capture the raw element that used to make them so great.

Tiesto still sucks...

and FUCK lil wayne. he does not belong at Coachella. perhaps if i actually were juvenile, i would agree w/ your shitty list of choices.

He does not belong at Coachella?..alright they said the same thing about Prince 2 years ago, Jay Z this year...and as we know both performances were sick. Sure the Who don't sound like they used to, but shit Roger Waters didn't sound like he used to, Paul McCartney didn't sound like he used to, and both had stellar performances. Shitty list of choices...thats cool, but I promise you Daft Punk, Lil Wayne, and the Who(who were originally scheduled to headline this year) are all on PT's list for potential performers next year.

Voodoo Hipster
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I agree with Garage Poet...the who were really bad the last time I saw them..they did sound like a cover band
the last thing LA needs is another Tiesto show..i think he can go elsewhere for a couple of years.His set was not bad but it was also nothing exciting
Little Wayne isnt a good enough live performer to headline..it would be more gimmicky that the Gorillaz

mickflyy
04-22-2010, 01:22 PM
UHHHHHHHHH

I'm pretty sure Chemical brothers did in 1999.

Foucault
04-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Lil Wayne = garbage, imho. Might as well bring in ke$ha while we're at it. \

Outkast is really my only wish.

Agreed.

MaXiMuS501
04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree with the Justice comment. They need to update their set before I will be stoked about seeing them again...

theGold
04-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Squarepusher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUKdQn2U084

Forgot about them!

Seriously, though. Enough with the Lil Wayne crap. Comparing him to Jay-Z or Prince doesn't even make sense (why would you even make that comparison, because they're all black?!). LW belongs at Wango Tango, not Coachella.

blackwhiteboy24
04-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Chemical brothers did in 1999.

Beck and Morrissey had headlining slots that day...

blackwhiteboy24
04-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Forgot about them!

Seriously, though. Enough with the Lil Wayne crap. Comparing him to Jay-Z or Prince doesn't even make sense (why would you even make that comparison, because they're all black?!). LW belongs at Wango Tango, not Coachella.

Who compared him to Jay Z?

blackwhiteboy24
04-22-2010, 01:31 PM
or prince for that matter..he's not even close to either..im just saying his first performance out of prison at coachella would be sick..he wouldnt even have to headline

djandrews25
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
You are a moron.

blackwhiteboy24
04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Common sense + logistics

Go away. You don't belong here.

Stanford Grad+UCSD Medical School

Don't talk. Delete yourself.

fancy restaurant
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM

I'm not clear on how this proves that you aren't an idiot.

elChurro
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM
My request would be to get rid of the mainstage and main acts, instead focusing on up and coming bands and dj's.

theGold
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Who compared him to Jay Z?

He does not belong at Coachella?..alright they said the same thing about Prince 2 years ago, Jay Z this year...and as we know both performances were sick.

juloxx
04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Little Wayne isnt a good enough live performer to headline..it would be more gimmicky that the Gorillaz

Just curious, have you ever seen Lil Wayne preform? I am not really a fan of his, though he has some tracks that I will bump. Seeing him preform would be interesting. I bet he would pull off a sick show at Coachella.

My request would be to get rid of the mainstage and main acts, instead focusing on up and coming bands and dj's.

Worst...idea.... ever

theGold
04-22-2010, 01:59 PM

Coachella already does provide a huge outlet for the "up and coming". I've discovered at least 3 new favorites. But a bill full of unknown won't move tickets.

mickflyy
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Beck and Morrissey had headlining slots that day...

Yeah but they played the main stage.
P.S. lil wayne and tiesto suck monkey balls.

mickflyy
04-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Don't talk. Delete yourself.

Oh yeah me too, plus I was Mr. Universe in 2004, Danny DeVito is my biological father.

untzcrate
04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Ummmm.... blackwhiteboy24?

You've been coming to Coachella for 10 years and your musical taste and knowledge is still shit.

I bet you didn't pay attention at school either.

losangelian
04-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Funny because usually there is some comment from PT in the days right after Coachella. No word! Very quiet from GV.

Interesting, isn't it?

audidude
04-22-2010, 07:50 PM
I want to see Propellerheads in the Sahara. Followed by Leftfield.

long2691
04-23-2010, 01:43 AM
dr. dre for 2011. to coincide with the release of detox because it is probably going to get pushed back again

skptk
06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Daft Punk
Arcade Fire -
My Morning Jacket
Big Boi - Modest Mouse - Le Tigre - Danger Mouse
Broken Bells - Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
Wolf Parade - Thee Mike B - Metro Area - Civil Civic - Classixx - Future Islands - Class Actress - Nite Jewel - White Panda
Booka Shade - Autolux - CocoRosie - Hercules & Love Affair - Fool's Gold - Jay Electronica - Sneaky Sound System - Simian Mobile Disco - Monotonix - Fleet Foxes - Scissor Sisters - Fuck Buttons - Crystal Castles - Kate Nash - Caribou - The Morning Benders - Matthew Dear - Adam Freeland - CAMO UFOS - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinasours

Basement Jaxx
Eminem - Empire of the Sun
Jamiroquai - Cut Copy - Phoenix - Talking Heads
Justice - Of Montreal -The National - The Black Keys - Everything but the Girl - Animal Collective - Kid Cudi Yppah - Twin Sister
Shout Out Louds - Cloud Control - Boards of Canada - Junior Boys - Sleigh Bells Ellen Alien - Diplo - Nathan Fake - Jean Grae - Explosions in the sky - The Klaxons - Born Ruffians - Air France - Miike Snow - Bag Raiders - Yeasayer - Blockhead - The Knife Sparks - Berlin - Jose Gonzalez - Theo Parrish - Fol Chen - Purple Crush - Ladyhawke - CSS - Kleerup - Telepathe - Ariel Pink

Little Wayne (if not in prison)
Chromeo - Robyn
Digitalism - Gnarls Barkley - Groove Armada -
Iggy & the Stooges - Green Velvet Femi Kuti - Death From Above 1979 - Aloe Blacc - Four Tet - Whitest Boy Alive - Holy Fuck - Vitalic - A-Track
Röyksopp - Janelle Monae - Memory Tapes - Ratatat - Aesop Rock - Mumford & Sons - Local Natives - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros Tiga - Frightened Rabbit - Die Antwoord - HEALTH - The Very Best - Yelle - Mark Ronson - Cat Power - Budos Band - Bonobo - Beirut - El Michels Affair - Leslie and the Badgers

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
wat

higgybaby23
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Worst thread ever.

hendrixfan143
06-21-2010, 07:03 PM
This guy is a prime example of what made coachella somewhat unbearable this year

OK Calculator
06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
He does not belong at Coachella?..alright they said the same thing about Prince 2 years ago, Jay Z this year...and as we know both performances were sick. Sure the Who don't sound like they used to, but shit Roger Waters didn't sound like he used to, Paul McCartney didn't sound like he used to, and both had stellar performances. Shitty list of choices...thats cool, but I promise you Daft Punk, Lil Wayne, and the Who(who were originally scheduled to headline this year) are all on PT's list for potential performers next year.

If Lil Wayne plays at Coachella I think this will signal the beginning of the apocalypse. FUCK Lil Wayne AND....AND... FUCK YOU

OK Calculator
06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Stanford Grad+UCSD Medical School+I Love Lil Wayne= negative infinity

I am very stupid.

Glad we agree.

mistakenstrangers
06-22-2010, 05:19 AM
enough with the radiohead, daft punk and lil wayne already.

outkast will headline next year

captncrzy
06-22-2010, 06:25 AM
I hope you all die in a tire fire.

Paul Tollett agrees with me.

LyricsForTheMind
06-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Daft Punk
Arcade Fire -
My Morning Jacket
Big Boi - Modest Mouse - Le Tigre - Danger Mouse
Broken Bells - Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
Wolf Parade - Thee Mike B - Metro Area - Civil Civic - Classixx - Class Actress - Nite Jewel - White Panda
Booka Shade - Autolux - CocoRosie - Hercules & Love Affair - Fool's Gold - Jay Electronica - Simian Mobile Disco - Fleet Foxes - Scissor Sisters - Crystal Castles - Kate Nash - Caribou - The Morning Benders - Matthew Dear - Adam Freeland - CAMO UFOS - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinasours

Basement Jaxx
Eminem - Empire of the Sun - Jamiroquai -
Cut Copy - Phoenix - Talking Heads - Justice -
Of Montreal - Boards of Canada - The National - The Black Keys
Everything but the Girl - Animal Collective - Kid Cudi Yppah - Twin Sister
Shout Out Louds - Cloud Control - Junior Boys - Sleigh Bells Ellen Alien - Diplo - Nathan Fake - Jean Grae - Explosions in the sky - The Klaxons - Born Ruffians - Air France - Miike Snow - Bag Raiders - Yeasayer - Blockhead - The Knife Sparks - Berlin - Jose Gonzalez - Theo Parrish - Fol Chen - Purple Crush - Ladyhawke - CSS - Kleerup - Telepathe - Ariel Pink

Little Wayne (if not in prison)
Chromeo - Robyn
Iggy & the Stooges - Green Velvet Femi Kuti - Death From Above 1979 - Aloe Blacc - Four Tet - Whitest Boy Alive - Holy Fuck - Vitalic - A-Track
Röyksopp - Janelle Monae - Memory Tapes - Ratatat - Aesop Rock - Mumford & Sons - Local Natives - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros Tiga - Frightened Rabbit - Die Antwoord - HEALTH - The Very Best - Yelle - Mark Ronson - Cat Power - Budos Band - Bonobo - Beirut - El Michels Affair - Leslie and the Badgers

There is no way Eminem would ever be a sub-headliner...

Bendulum
06-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Squarepusher (in prison)
Chromeo - Sunn O)))

FIXED

goldfromla
06-22-2010, 09:51 AM
This was your first problem, right here.

yep......

greghead
06-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Squarepusher as headliner? lulz

mojavemolester
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Pearl Jam
The Strokes, Modest Mouse
Basement Jaxx, Broken Social Scene, Royksopp, Raekwon & Ghostface, Above & Beyond,
Madness, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Metric, Booka Shade, Cut Copy, Superchunk, Panda Bear,
Wolf Parade, Liquid Liquid, Gogol Bordello, CocoRosie, Nosaj Thing, Deerhoof, Bonnie "Prince" Billy,
Kode9, Hercules & Love Affair, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Perry Farrell, Jack Penate, Air France,
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, The Drums, Fool's Gold, Balkan Beat Box, The Felice Brothers, Shing02, Esser,
You Me At Six, Joy Orbison, Chase & Status, William Elliot Whitmore

Daft Punk
Arcade Fire, Stereolab
Pet Shop Boys, Belle & Sebastian, Fleet Foxes, The Avalanches,
Scissor Sisters, Crystal Castles, A-Trak, PJ Harvey, Simian Mobile Disco, Richard Hawley,
Grinderman, Boys Noize, Built to Spill, Joanna Newsom, Black Lips, The John Spencer Blues Explosion,
Caribou, Cass McCombs, Neon Indian, Kate Nash, The Villagers, The Morning Benders, Matthew Dear,
The Dodos, David Cross, Caspa, Delorean, Two Door Cinema Club, Afrojack, Avi Buffalo, School of Seven Bells,
Phosphorescent, Guilty Simpson, Surfer Blood, Berndt, Fang Island, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue,
Claude Vonstroke, Active Child, Adam Freeland, Mt. St. Helen's Vietnam Band

Outkast or Talking Heads (either one will suffice)
Interpol, Tom Waits
Underworld, Beck's Record Club, The Black Keys, Justice, The National,
Paul Van Dyk, Mission of Burma, The Roots, The New Pornographers, ATB, How to Destroy Angels,
Les Savy Fav, The Walkmen, Janelle Monae, Gang of Four, !!!, The Klaxons, No Age, The Thermals,
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists, Four Tet, Fuck Buttons, tUnE-yArDs, Robyn, Steve Aoki, Titus Andronicus,
Caetano Veloso, John Tejada, The Levellers, Marina & the Diamonds, Holly Miranda, Moon Duo, Kurt Vile,
Magnetic Man, Male Bonding, Sander Van Doorn, Best Coast, We Are the City, Los Massieras,
The Binary Marketing Show

This is slightly different than my "realistic" 2011 Coachella, but, ya, let's make it happen, I think it's almost do-able...still probably too many awesome acts on there...please don't crucify me if I am mistaken.
Thanks.

darksideofkaos.
06-25-2010, 01:35 PM
2. Bring the one day passes back-there was waaaaay too many people there this year one day passes i think make it easier, or expand the grounds somehow(caz i know the true solution of selling less tickets is out of the question, although upping the price would make up for that, just sayin); and this is coming from a Coachella vet(every year other than the first)
3. Lil Wayne-sure the crowd would be a little different, but his first concert back from prison would be just plain sick
4. Justice-No one gets the Sahara pumped like them, let them close the Sahara like they did in 08' on Sunday, they wont disappoint, they never do.
6. Mos Def-this festival is made for him bring him back!
thats all for now

Ok lets go through this one at a time...

1) "As good as Tiesto is"... I don't even have to go through the rest to realize that this is borderline mental retardation. Yes, it would be awesome to have Daft Punl at Coachella and with their ever increasing popularity they would have to be placed on the main stage.

2) I tend to be indifferent on one day passes. I know a lot of people who wanted to go but didn't because they didn't want to drop $300. If you go to Coachella you should be going for the experience, not just a single artist/group and eliminating single day passes helps to lessen the number of people camping stages for single artists.

3) Lil Wayne belongs no where near Coachella. You compared people questioning Prince and Jay-Z's performances... Prince is a legend and Jay-Z has been hitting the festival circuit and his performance at Glasto made him a catch for any festival.

4) Like many others have said, Justice needs to change up their setlist before coming back to Coachella. Besides you will probably be able to catch them at a Hard event sometime in the near future.

5) You are assuming that Muse was the replacement for The Who... No way of telling if this is true, it is more likely that it was Jay-Z who stepped up. The Who don't have the stage presense anymore to captivate an audience of that magnitude. I think the Super Bowl performance and backlash was proof enough that even though the who were and are a great band, they aren't still a band for the masses.

6) I'd like to see Mos Def at Coachella... Would like to see Blackstar more though

7) When anyone states that they were put in an awkward situation between seeing Tiesto and 2ManyDj's, thats kinda like saying I didn't know whether to have dinner or let a prostitute take a shit in my mouth. If you want to see Tiesto, more power to you, it just keeps you the fuck away from the stages that matter.

PlayaDelWes
06-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Midnight Oil please.

RODGERRAMJET
07-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Midnight Oil please.

I wouldn't mind seeing Midnight Oil at Coachella. What about that other band from Australia, The Saints? Are they still together? I always thought The Saints gave The Sex Pistols a real run-for-the-money musicwise.

Coachella Bound
07-12-2010, 07:59 AM
this thread makes my stomach hurt.....

gaypalmsprings
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Better parking. Better traffic flow. Less wait time to get in. More use of paid, experienced staff, rather than volunteers. More honest security guards (who don't steal from tents & cars). Stronger fences to keep the riff-raff out. And while you're at it, more gay performers, more tasering of naked people, and bring back the tesla coils.

obzen
07-12-2010, 09:44 AM
More showers, please.

FoxeyLady
07-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Lemon. Motherfucking. Slushies.