PDA

View Full Version : open letter to coachella

aaaaimee
04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2010/04/an_open_letter_to_coachella.php

StubbADubb
04-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Very well said.

Though I have to say Faith No More was just as crowded as other sets. I had to camp out to even be close to the front.

But yeah, this was my first Coachella and the crowds were really off-putting. I hope GV publicaly addresses the crowd situation. Then maybe I'll come back next year.

BrettShipes
04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
This years only disappointments were a direct result of overcrowding.

GaragePoet
04-21-2010, 08:46 PM
i'd gladly sign a petition to prevent overcrowding at next year's Coachella

tigermilkboy
04-21-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2010/apr/21/strangechella/

More of the same.

frazzles
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it'd be much easier to take you seriously with such a letter if you had the vocabulary to say the exact same things without sounding like an angry 9th grader. Meaning, "clusterfuck" should have (maybe) been the only word in that vein used.

But then again, it is the internetz.

Radiohead
04-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I agree with some of these points, but not all of them.

The major gaffes that need to be worked out are (1) 75k might be pushing it, maybe keep it down around 65k next year, and (2) security was very unprofessional -- at first I thought it was just run-of-the mill bitching about authority figures, but after having my own experience and hearing about so many others, I'm convinced the security crew was just bad news. [(3) in terms of the camping area, if you're not going to limit the number of people per camping spot, you need waaaay more showers]

Aside from that, it was a pretty good time.

darkjustice
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
it was great this year if you are not a total chump

Astrid
04-21-2010, 10:51 PM
i might take the contents of that letter seriously if it didnt have a "healthy" dose of grammatical errors and asinine constructions.

jonprc
04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
i guess if you like it, digg it:

http://digg.com/music/An_Open_Letter_To_Coachella

it's on the front page.

juloxx
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Wow. What a bitch

sonnyboy11
04-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow. What a bitch

So, for the record, you don't believe the festival was oversold/too crowded? Don't digress- a simple yes or no will be satisfactory.

Hicks
04-23-2010, 09:05 AM
it was great this year if you are not a total chump

Seriously. I got fucked on Friday with everyone else and had to wait three hours in traffic/at the gate and made sure that it wouldn't happen again on Saturday or Sunday.

People that couldn't figure out how to zig when everyone else zagged have only themselves to blame.

minogueCOMMAk
04-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Security worked in a strange way. I only got patted down once when I was coming into the festival RIGHT before 2manydjs. There was only one line and a woman quickly patted me down. My bag only got looked through once. Other than that I would get to the front and they'd wave me through without so much as a second glance. I felt guilty because my friends would have a more strict search. Maybe I look innocent? HAHA

beavington
04-23-2010, 09:24 AM
It was overcrowded yes, the security were dicks (as always the same ghetto work release), shitty shower situation, overpriced farmers market, but other than that we had in/outs, grills in the campgrounds, car parked right next to your spot, great music, great drugs, alcohol in your campsite, easy in and out of camping on thursday (no more than 20 minute wait at 4pm on thursday) and monday (exit ave 52 towards jefferson and then straight to the freeway), and I was more prepared....cant wait for next year.